New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as PrCs!

Just realized that this isn't the anime thread. Let's take this discussion over there to continue.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Point one, yes it would, but WotC decided to make things complicated, so this is how they do it.

Point two, i would normally say no, but in this instance i went for it because its really this PrCs only class feature, and since its a theurge you have the issue of what to do after. Honestly i only had 5 levels of class features thought out and i didnt want this to look like the Soul Caster where half of it is empty levels

Edit: i will take suggestions if you have ideas, also just realized that you cant get your Heart Chakra or your soul Chakra if you go into this class, so theres a missed opportunity.

Immediately thoughts are 1) WIZARDS?!?!?!! Why do you do obviously dysfunctional things? Did you just think people could take the feats? 2) That's not really a good reason.

As for suggestions: A class feature that either lets you invest essentia into a fire spell, invest essentia in the class feature to improve fire spells, invest essentia into any spell to add fire damage to it (possibly with a different rate of essentia to damage if it is single target or if it is an area/multi-target), or note that NeoPhoenix has a noted love of teleportation effects so possibly grant them the ability to shape Blink Shirt regardless of base meldshaper class, possibly even gaining its Totem bind effect as a freebie bonus, or another ability related to teleportation.

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I thought about that, but I'm not sure how well he deals with the high-octane nightmare fuel that is Fullmetal Alchemist. Some of that stuff gave me the heebie-jeebies. Warning, that link is Tvtropes and contains spoilers as to the series.

Well I like it, so it was one of my suggestions, no need to go further. Also, Log Horizon is the exact same thing as SAO, as far as I can tell, from reading the summary on crunchyroll. Are there any major differences I should know about?
    Fullmetal Alchemist is scary I vaguely remember the original anime being creepy at times at night as a child. The manga was... a fun little romp.

And from what I've heard Log Horizon is more accurate to MMOs but not really that type of gamer.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Immediately thoughts are 1) WIZARDS?!?!?!! Why do you do obviously dysfunctional things? Did you just think people could take the feats? 2) That's not really a good reason.

As for suggestions: A class feature that either lets you invest essentia into a fire spell, invest essentia in the class feature to improve fire spells, invest essentia into any spell to add fire damage to it (possibly with a different rate of essentia to damage if it is single target or if it is an area/multi-target), or note that NeoPhoenix has a noted love of teleportation effects so possibly grant them the ability to shape Blink Shirt regardless of base meldshaper class, possibly even gaining its Totem bind effect as a freebie bonus, or another ability related to teleportation.
    The teleportation would be easier to shoehorn in, so ill probably do that, i can probably get 2 more levels out of this class, which would reduce the Throat and Waist binds to only 1 level early, so much better.

Edit: Update is done.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-05-31 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Ehm, Marlowe, would it be outrageous if I thought you were having an episode of MPD or something? I mean, it's hilariously funny, but I'm sort of seeing a pattern...
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    snip
    ah, clear.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

So I decided to go through and fully proof-read your PrC for me Zaydos, and I have a few suggestions.

1. The Iron Body Ability: Increase the DR by one (for a nice DR 5, which is simpler), and then change the Natural Armor bonus to a simple 1/2 CON modifier. Should be less broken that way, but still rather useful. You might even consider removing the Natural Armor bonus entirely, but I wouldn't really suggest it.
    2. Looking at Endure Pain, I have a few suggestions. Firstly, try making it a scaling ability, like "At 2nd level, you gain immunity to the sickened condition, at 5th level they become immune to nauseated, at 8th level they become immune to staggered", or something along those lines. They should also gain immunity to the effects of Symbol of Pain or similar things.
    3. Remove Willing Deformity. It doesn't make much sense with the class overall, but can be easily picked by anyone who wants to fluff their character like that.
    4. Reducing the Steely Resolve to 20 works. Dunno much beyond that.
    5. Unflinching Loyalty doesn't make much sense overall. I'd suggest removing it.
    6. Greater Iron Soul should maybe be just 4 point reduction in ability damage. I'm aware that it's based on a Soulmeld, but meh.
    7. Some aggro-drawing or BFC abilities would be nice. Maybe consider replacing furious counterstrike with something. Possibly being able to bull-rush multiple opponents away or creating difficult terrain around you.
    8. Iron Juggernaut should have the strength bonus to breaking things dropped to +4. Nerfs it a bit, but still keeps it powerful. Also, possibly consider dropping the immunity to a solid bonus to saves against those conditions, though there are certain no-saves that inflict those abilities. Hmmmm...
    9. Some of the things you detailed in your block of text earlier should be of use, and I'm too lazy to list specific ones.
    10. Possibly give them a buffing aura, not sure of what sort.

That's all I can think of right now.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    So I decided to go through and fully proof-read your PrC for me Zaydos, and I have a few suggestions.

1. The Iron Body Ability: Increase the DR by one (for a nice DR 5, which is simpler), and then change the Natural Armor bonus to a simple 1/2 CON modifier. Should be less broken that way, but still rather useful. You might even consider removing the Natural Armor bonus entirely, but I wouldn't really suggest it.
    2. Looking at Endure Pain, I have a few suggestions. Firstly, try making it a scaling ability, like "At 2nd level, you gain immunity to the sickened condition, at 5th level they become immune to nauseated, at 8th level they become immune to staggered", or something along those lines. They should also gain immunity to the effects of Symbol of Pain or similar things. Edit: Looking at Symbol of Pain there's nothing to key immunity off of other than specific mention (which I'd already done) or all penalties to ability/skill checks and attack rolls (which would be bad from a design stand point).
    3. Remove Willing Deformity. It doesn't make much sense with the class overall, but can be easily picked by anyone who wants to fluff their character like that.
    4. Reducing the Steely Resolve to 20 works. Dunno much beyond that.
    5. Unflinching Loyalty doesn't make much sense overall. I'd suggest removing it.
    6. Greater Iron Soul should maybe be just 4 point reduction in ability damage. I'm aware that it's based on a Soulmeld, but meh.
    7. Some aggro-drawing or BFC abilities would be nice. Maybe consider replacing furious counterstrike with something. Possibly being able to bull-rush multiple opponents away or creating difficult terrain around you.
    8. Iron Juggernaut should have the strength bonus to breaking things dropped to +4. Nerfs it a bit, but still keeps it powerful. Also, possibly consider dropping the immunity to a solid bonus to saves against those conditions, though there are certain no-saves that inflict those abilities. Hmmmm...
    9. Some of the things you detailed in your block of text earlier should be of use, and I'm too lazy to list specific ones.
    10. Possibly give them a buffing aura, not sure of what sort.

That's all I can think of right now.
    1. Still split on removing the Con to AC entirely (if it ends up above +3 AC they're putting a lot of resources into Con and losing other resources for it; +4, for example requires 18 + 2 racial + 6 item). 3 AC is reasonable, but could probably be moved up to a higher level especially if things get removed.
    2. Endure Pain: I wouldn't make it scale up to immunity to nauseated because that's actually already a pretty mild ability, I mean warforged get a much larger suite of immunities, should probably expand it to include sickened, though. Staggered is... very rare in 3.5, but I know it is more common in PF so I can't really say how much it is worth.
    3. Mostly was just a minor thing for a then empty level and to give them that horrifically scarred look.
    4. Steely Resolve is fun, but yeah, making it so that at level 15 they equal a crusader at level 15 keeping it more reasonable.
    5. Then how are you supposed to serve Snow and Red Even my more serious things here might include jokes.
    6. Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Probably leave the reduced Drain resistance, as it is comes up rarely enough but can still be very useful.
    7. Got to figure out ones that could really fit without seeming really off. It would actually make them much more powerful in actual play, but probably more fun.
    8. They're each in and of themselves a very minor immunity, unless you're a full caster. It's at a level where Mind-Affecting immunity is coming online (which protects against many sources of daze/stun). Probably going to drop the break object/grapple to +4, though, and possibly split it into 2 abilities.
    9. I also realized that while they suffer no effects from negative levels they can suffer permanent level loss from them making the ability as written a lot less useful... I'm going to say that's a good bad bug. You can ignore negative levels in the short run, but better make sure you have a good Fort save 24 hours from now.
    10. Hmm... would make them more PC friendly.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-31 at 06:31 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

8. - Top - End - #278

Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-01 at 09:26 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Nitpick: wouldn't it be better if regulars who already got a PrC were either listed under "Permission" with an asterisk or if their names were specified beside their PrCs? I know we should be encouraged to write about people who don't have a PrC yet, but with the current form someone who reads the discussion for the first time has to browse all the PrCs to see if the one user he wants to write about has given permission.

EDIT: Nevermind. I realized that the sweep is added to the OP instead of replacing it. Good job!
    Last edited by Uncle Pine; 2015-06-01 at 09:38 AM.
    Extended signature here. Contains: 2 avatars, 3 quotes, a doggo and his friends.

Kitchen Crashers: an adventure building Iron Chef - First edition running 20/04/18-18/05/18.

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Pine View Post
    Nitpick: wouldn't it be better if regulars who already got a PrC were either listed under "Permission" with an asterisk or if their names were specified beside their PrCs? I know we should be encouraged to write about people who don't have a PrC yet, but with the current form someone who reads the discussion for the first time has to browse all the PrCs to see if the one user he wants to write about has given permission.

EDIT: Nevermind. I realized that the sweep is added to the OP instead of replacing it. Good job!
    *incoherent half-awake mumbling about how my work is never good enough for anyone*

Oh, you edited that.

*incoherent half-awake mumbling about how nice it is to be appreciated*

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    *incoherent half-awake mumbling about how my work is never good enough for anyone*

Oh, you edited that.

*incoherent half-awake mumbling about how nice it is to be appreciated*

Drink this before you hurt someone
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

WARNING: May contain stars.
    Extended signature here. Contains: 2 avatars, 3 quotes, a doggo and his friends.

Kitchen Crashers: an adventure building Iron Chef - First edition running 20/04/18-18/05/18.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

I think that anything below Klatchian won't work.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

I think that anything below Klatchian won't work.
    Idk, that might kill him
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Pine View Post
    WARNING: May contain stars.

My Fivefold Unholy Mother, it's full of stars!

I really need some tea, thanks for reminding me, Blackhawk. Alderaan should thank you.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #286

Thanks. I needed that. LG powers, activate!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks. I needed that. LG powers, activate!
    Huh, he is literally powered by coffee.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

both more cost effective and environmentally friendlier then using gasoline or diesel...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

19. - Top - End - #289

In the morning, yes. *Justice never sleeps.

*LoyalPaladin, however, sleeps between the hours of 10pm to 6am PST Sun-Thurs.

both more cost effective and environmentally friendlier then using gasoline or diesel...
    Tonight on Law and Order: Baldur's Gate, one paladin stands up against the tyranny of the bhaalspawn's fossil fuel business.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-01 at 11:32 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Tonight on Law and Order: Baldur's Gate, one paladin stands up against the tyranny of the bhaalspawn's fossil fuel business.
    I would so watch this. Netflix make it happen!
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291

I would so watch this. Netflix make it happen!
    Heck, I'd write this. Haha.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

This is a thing now.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

23. - Top - End - #293
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's been a thing for a while (at least as far as I'm concerned).

Permission for a dysprosium flavored prestige class also given.

24. - Top - End - #294

Quote Originally Posted by dysprosium View Post
    It's been a thing for a while (at least as far as I'm concerned).
    Curses, my millions!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Curses, my millions!
    Hey, he still needs a show, we just have our hero!
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Anybody know a feat that involves potions, alchemy, or booze which a single class warlock can take and use by 6th level?

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

for shenanigans sake I khadgar567 give my permission( despite I may not count as regular)

28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't know who counts as a Regular and whether I do, but if someone's interested, I give permission !
    Last edited by Seto; 2015-06-01 at 12:29 PM.
    My True Neutral Handbook, a resource for creating and playing TN characters.

Check out my extended signature and the "Gitp regulars as..." that I've been honored with!

29. - Top - End - #299

I reiterate my permapermission.
    I hope someone saw this coming. Eat your heart out, Abjurant Champion.

Junior Tormlet
    Hit Die
    d8

Requirements
    Deity: Torm
    Special: Must be taken as an apprentice by a Paladin of Torm.

Class Skills
    The Junior Tormlet’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (nobility and royalty) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
    2 + Int modifier.

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Class Features Spellcasting
    1st +1 +2 +0 +0 Duty of Three, Divine Grace +1 level of existing spellcasting class
    2nd +2 +3 +0 +0 Chosen Smite 1/day +1 level of existing spellcasting class
    3rd +3 +3 +1 +1 Journey of Absolution +1 level of existing spellcasting class
    4th +4 +4 +1 +1 Chosen Smite 2/day -
    5th +5 +4 +1 +1 Purge Evil, Aura of Courage +1 level of existing spellcasting class
    6th +6 +5 +2 +2 Chosen Smite 3/day +1 level of existing spellcasting class
    7th +7 +5 +2 +2 Lay on Hands +1 level of existing spellcasting class
    8th +8 +6 +2 +2 Chosen Smite 4/day -
    9th +9 +6 +3 +3 Final Absolution +1 level of existing spellcasting class
    10th +10 +7 +3 +3 Tempered Resolve, Chosen Smite 5/day +1 level of existing spellcasting class

Class Features
    All the following are Class Features of the Junior Tormlet prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
    Junior Tormlets are proficient with all types of armor and the greatsword.

Duty of Three
    A Junior Tormlet is now responsible for fulfilling the Penance of Duty, Debt of Dereliction, and Debt of Destruction.

Divine Grace (Su)
    A Junior Tormlet gains a bonus equal to their Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.

Chosen Smite
    A Junior Tormlet chooses one of two tools to aid them against evil. You may select to gain the benefit of the Smiting Spell feat or a Paladin's Smite Evil class feature.

You gain one use of this per day every even class level.

Journey of Absolution
    You have begun your journey towards the path of righteousness. If your paladin mentor deems you worthy, he may bring you into a temple of Torm to have atonement cast on you. This will bring your alignment one step closer to Lawful Good.

If this would cause to become unqualified for a feat or class, ignore the alignment requirement for that feat or class.

Purge Evil
    You gain the benefits of Favored Enemy against any creature that worships Bane as their patron deity.

Aura of Courage (Su)
    A Junior Tormlet is immune to fear (magical or otherwise). Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects.

This ability functions while the Junior Tormlet is conscious, but not if they are unconscious or dead.

Lay on Hands (Su)
    A Junior Tormlet with a Charisma score of 12 or higher can heal wounds (their own or those of others) by touch. Each day they can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to their spellcaster level × their Charisma bonus. A Junior Tormlet may choose to divide their healing among multiple recipients, and they don't have to use it all at once. Using lay on hands is a standard action.

Alternatively, a Junior Tormlet can use any or all of this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures. Using lay on hands in this way requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity. The Junior Tormlet decides how many of her daily allotment of points to use as damage after successfully touching an undead creature.

Final Absolution
    You have completed your journey towards righteousness. If your paladin mentor deems you worthy, he may bring you into a temple of Torm to have atonement cast on you. This will change your alignment to Lawful Good.

If this would cause to become unqualified for a feat or class, ignore the alignment requirement for that feat or class.

Tempered Resolve (Su)
    A Junior Tormlet is constantly surrounded by a magic circle against evil effect, as the spell cast by a cleric of the Tormlet's character level.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-07-17 at 04:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Outclan Cursebearer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    So this is 100% inspired by your avatar and is a real shot in the dark as to what sort of Hexblade you like and what sort of way you take it thematically but once I had the idea in my head I had to finish it.

Outclan Cursebearer

Sometimes a dwarf does some action which is viewed as so abhorrent by their people that they are cast out from their clan and ritualistically stripped of their status as a dwarf. Exiled to the outskirts of dwarven cities, some of these outcasts turn to dark arts which no dwarf would consider. Through dark magic they create a mutualistic relationship with a curse, allowing it to grow within them. Dwarves fear these cursebearers, knowing their very existence to be blighted and a danger to all who near them, yet their power in battle makes them valuable. Some Outclan Cursebearers live on in the outskirts of dwarven communities, allowed to live almost within sight of their loved ones in exchange for serving as expendable shock troops against the forces that besiege the dwarves from deep beneath the earth. Others leave the dwarven lands behind completely wandering the wilderness as hermits, or traveling to the human lands as mercenaries.

BECOMING AN OUTCLAN CURSEBEARER

To become an Outclan Cursebearer one must first be a dwarf. Then one must be dishonored and exiled from their people and stripped of the title of dwarf. Following this they must perform a ritual allowing an ancient curse to take root in their very soul, becoming its vessel. This last is the hardest of the three. Most Cursebearers tell that it came to them in their dreams, that they simply followed the motions, knowing that power lay at the end, if they were willing to meet its cost. Of course it is theoretically possible to do things in a different order, performing the ancient ritual and getting exiled from your race for doing so, but few dwarves choose such a drastic option for power.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Dwarf.
    Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 8 ranks.
    Spellcasting: Ability to cast a first level arcane spell from the Necromancy school.
    Special: Mettle or Great Fortitude.
    Special: Must have been cast out of the dwarven people for your actions.
    Special: Must perform a ritual to allow an ancient curse to use your body as a host. The above requirements are the requirements to perform the ritual, and it also costs 100 GP in rare reagents and ingredients, as well as the blood sacrifice of one living creature of medium size or greater. If any of these requirements are lacking, save the spellcasting, the ritual fails fatally to its practitioner, if the spellcasting is lacking the ritual simply fails.

Class Skills
    The following skills are class skills for the Outclan Cursebearer and their key ability scores: Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (the Planes) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d10

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
    Spells per Day
    1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
    1st
    +1
    +2
    +0
    +2
    Accelerated Aging, Armored Mage (medium), Bloody Strike 2 1 - - - -
    2nd
    +2
    +3
    +0
    +3
    Curse's Eyes, Unnerving Presence 2 2 0 - - -
    3rd
    +3
    +3
    +1
    +3
    Advanced Learning, Hollowed Spirit, Living Blight 3 2 1 - - -
    4th
    +4
    +4
    +1
    +4
    Armored Mage (Heavy), Erode Life, Hexing Edge 1/day 3 2 2 - - -
    5th
    +3
    +4
    +1
    +4
    Nature of Power, Plague Bearer 3 2 2 1 - -
    6th
    +4
    +2
    +5
    +2
    Advanced Learning, Curse Reins, Dispationate Detachment 3 3 2 2 - -
    7th
    +4
    +2
    +5
    +2
    Greater Erode Life, Hexing Edge 2/day 4 3 2 2 1 -
    8th
    +4
    +2
    +5
    +2
    Cursed Nexus, Reactive Curse 4 3 3 2 2 -
    9th
    +4
    +2
    +5
    +2
    Advanced Learning, Greater Unnerving Presence 4 4 3 2 2 1
    10th
    +4
    +2
    +5
    +2
    Hexing Edge 3/day, Hungry for Life, Unbound by Death 4 4 3 3 2 2

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: An Outclan Cursebearer gains proficiency in all weapons with dwarf or dwarven in their name and in light, medium, and heavy armor including battle plate, interlocking plate, interlocking scale, and mountain plate, as well as shields.

Note on Familiars: For all of an Outclan Cursebearer's class features which affect creatures within an area their familiar (if any) is considered themselves.

Spellcasting: An Outclan Cursebearer casts arcane spells, which are drawn from the Outclan Cursebearer’s spell list (see below). Like a sorcerer, they can cast any spell they know without preparing it ahead of time. When an Outclan Cursebearer gains access to a new level of spells, they automatically know all the spells for that level given on the Outclan Cursebearer’s spell list. Outclan Cursebearers also have the option of adding to their existing spell list through their advanced learning ability as they increase in level (see below).

To cast a spell, an Outclan Cursebearer must have a Charisma score of 10 + the spell’s level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against an Outclan Cursebearer’s spell is 10 + the spell’s level + their Charisma modifier. Like other spellcasters, an Outclan Cursebearer can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Their base daily spell allotment is given in the table above. In addition, they receives bonus spells for a high Charisma score (see Table 1–1 on page 8 of the Player’s Handbook).

Accelerated Aging (Su): The curse within the Outclan Cursebearer must feed upon something to gain the power which allows the Cursebearer to cast spells. An Outclan Cursebearer ages at twice the normal rate.

Armored Mage: An Outclan Cursebearer learns how to cast arcane spells even in the armor of their excised dwarven heritage. An Outclan Cursebearer suffers no arcane spell failure for wearing light or medium armor; this applies to all arcane spells an Outclan Cursebearer casts regardless of what class granted the spells. Beginning at 4th level an Outclan Cursebearer no longer suffers arcane spell failure for wearing heavy armor or for shields other than tower shields.

Bloody Strike (Su): An Outclan Cursebearer may feed their curse with their own life force ot stir it into giving extra weight and power to their blows. When an Outclan Cursebearer makes an attack they may, before making their attack roll, choose to pay hit points up to their character level (receiving that amount of damage) and gain a bonus to damage equal to twice that amount. The damage incurred to pay for this ability cannot be reduced in any way and is always lethal regardless of any regeneration the Outclan Cursebearer might possess. If the attack misses this sacrifice of hit points is wasted.

Curse's Eyes (Su): An Outclan Cursebearer has a mutualistic relationship with a curse of the deep and ancient darkness and attune themselves somewhat with darkness therefore. An Outclan Cursebearer's Darkvision increases by 60-ft and they may see in total magical darkness as if it were shadowy illumination (this is still black and white unless there would normally be light) and magical shadowy illumination as if it were not there at all. An Outclan Cursebearer gains a +3 bonus on Spot and Search checks made in total darkness via their darkvision.

Unnerving Presence (Su): Animals and similar creatures can sense a wrongness in an Outclan Cursebearer, distrusting and fearing the curse within the outcast dwarf. Beginning at 2nd level any Animal or Magical Beast with 1 or 2 Intelligence within 30-ft of the Outclan Cursebearer with less hit dice than the Outclan Cursebearer must make a Will save (DC 10 + Outclan Cursebearer level + Charisma modifier) or be frightened for as long as it remains within this area and 1 minute thereafter. Animals and Int 1 or 2 Magical Beasts with as many or more hit dice than the Outclan Cursebearer instead simply have their intitial attitude towards the Outclan Cursebearer reduced by 1 grade (to a minimum of Hostile).

Advanced Learning: At 3rd level, 6th level, and again at 9th level an Outclan Cursebearer selects one enchantment or necromancy spell from the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list of any level up to 1 lower than the highest level they may cast and adds it to their spell list.

Hollowed Spirit: The curse within an Outclan Cursebearer hollows out their very spirit to make room for itself, its power flowing in to replace the lost. This results in an influx of spiritual power and even a certain commanding aura, but leaves the Outclan Cursebearer distant and hard to relate to. Beginning at 3rd level an Outclan Cursebearer gains a +2 bonus to Charisma but suffers a -2 penalty to Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Wild Empathy, and any other Charisma check or Charisma based skill check made to influence living creatures except for Intimidate.

Living Blight (Su): The curse within an Outclan Cursebearer leaks from their body, extending into the world around them. Beginning at 3rd level normal (non creature) plants do not grow while an Outclan Cursebearer is within a mile of them.

Erode Life (Su): The curse within an Outclan Cursebearer is hungry, sucking life into itself. Beginning at 4th level creatures, including the Outclan Cursebearer, within 30-ft of an Outclan Cursebearer cannot stabilize naturally and require either healing or a heal check to stabilize.

Hexing Edge: An Outclan Cursebearer can focus their symbiot-curse outwards through their weapons. Beginning at 4th level 1/day an Outclan Cursebearer may upon successfully striking a creature with a melee attack cast a single spell on that creature as a free action. The spell must be cast as an Outclan Cursebearer, must have a range greater than personal, and must have either a target(s) or effect: ray. The Outclan Cursebearer does not need to make any attack rolls to hit the target with this spell and the creature suffers a -2 penalty to their saving throw against the spell or a -4 if they have less hp remaining after the triggering attack than the attack dealt to them. At 7th level an Outclan Cursebearer can use this ability twice per day, and at 10th level an Outclan Cursebearer can use this ability three times per day.

Nature of Power: An Outclan Cursebearer is granted power by the curse within them, but even as this power flows naturally from its nature they must also direct and guide its energy. Each Outclan Cursebearer is ultimately faced with a choice. At 5th level an Outclan Cursebearer must choose Mind, Death, Travel, or Body and gain an additional the following additional spells to their spell-list based upon the choice.

Mind:
    1st: Disguise Self, Whelm (PHB2)
    2nd: Hideous Laughter, Hypnotic Pattern
    3rd: Inevitable Defeat (PHB2), Vertigo Field (PHB2)
    4th: Crushing despair, Rainbow Pattern
    5th: Feeblemind, Seeming
    6th: Geas/Quest, Mislead.

Death:

1st: Death's Call (CM), Spirit Worm (SpC)
    2nd: Escalating Enfeeblement (CM), Kelgore's Grave Mist (PHB2)
    3rd: Crown of the Grave (PHB2), Undead Lieutenant (SpC)
    4th: Doom Scarabs (PHB2), Finger of Agony (CM)
    5th: Channeled Lifetheft (CM), Touch of Vecna (CM)
    6th: Finger of Death, Fleshiver (SpC)

Travel:
    1st: Benign Transposition (SpC), Swim (SpC)
    2nd: Baleful Transposition (SpC), Dimension Hop (PHB2)
    3rd: Dimension Step (PHB2), Phantom Steed
    4th: Dimension Door, Translocation Trick (SpC)
    5th: Teleport, Xorn Movement (SpC)
    6th: Plane Shift, Shadow Walk.

Body:
    1st: Enlarge Person, Fist of Stone (SpC)
    2nd: Alter Self, Belker Claws (SpC)
    3rd: Gaseous Form, Evard's Menacing Tentacles (PHB2)
    4th: Baleful Blink (PHB2), Polymorph
    5th: Draconic Might (SpC), Flaying Tentacles (CM)
    6th: Stone Body (SpC), Stone to Flesh

Plague Bearer (Su): An Outclan Cursebearer's weakens the ability of creatures to fight off even the smallest disease. Beginning at 5th level any creature within 1 mile of an Outclan Cursebearer suffers a -2 on saves against non-magical diseases and any Heal check made to treat such diseases suffers a -4 penalty; the presence of multiple Outclan Cursebearers do not stack for this effect.

Curse Reins (Su): An Outclan Cursebearer can turn any curse against the creature which bears it, using the curse to hinder and slow the target's motions. Beginning at 6th level an Outclan Cursebearer may, as a swift action, influence a curse upon a creature within 60-ft to inflict a -2 penalty to attack and AC to that creature. For the purposes of this ability a curse is: Any spell effect of the Necromancy school, Geas/Quest, Lesser Geas, a Hexblade's curse, any spell effect cast by an Outclan Cursebearer as an Outclan Cursebearer spell, and the Outclan Cursebearer's Cursed Nexus ability. This penalty lasts as long as the target is cursed and within 60-ft of the Outclan Cursebearer, but ends immediately if the Outclan Cursebearer uses this ability on another creature.

Dispassionate Detachment: As the curse eats away at an Outclan Cursebearer's very spirit they grow increasingly detached and incapable of normal dwarven feeling. Beginning at 6th level an Outclan Cursebearer is immune to fear, Crushing Despair, Hideous Laughter, Irresistable Dance, and all morale bonuses an Outclan Cursebearer would receive are halved (rounded up).

Greater Erode Life (Su): As the curse feeds an Outclan Cursebearer more and more power so too does its hunger grow. Beginning at 7th level any living creature within 10-ft of an Outclan Cursebearer other than the Outclan Cursebearer receives 1 damage each round. An Outclan Cursebearer cannot deactivate this ability and it affects friend and foe alike.

Cursed Nexus (Su): The curse within an Outclan Cursebearer leaks more and more from their body, existing outside of them as a horrible nexus of power. Beginning at 8th level all creatures other than the Outclan Cursebearer within 30-ft of an Outclan Cursebearer suffer a -2 penalty on all saving throws. An Outclan Cursebearer cannot deactivate this ability and it affects friend and foe alike.

Reactive Curse (Su): The curse within an Outclan Cursebearer grows as protective of them as any animal does of its home. Beginning at 8th level when an Outclan Cursebearer takes damage they may cast a 2nd level or lower spell with a range greater than touch as an immediate action, if they do so the spell must target the source of that damage or be an effect ray which targets the source of that damage, and the Outclan Cursebearer must expend a 2nd slot of the same level.

Greater Unnerving Presence (Su): As an Outclan Cursebearer's curse reaches its final growth the Outclan Cursebearer is nearly completely hollowed out, leaving those dealing with them the feeling that they are dealing with some dangerous and deadly husk. Creatures with less hit dice than the Outclan Cursebearer within 10-ft of the Outclan Cursebearer must make a Will save (DC 10 + Outclan Cursebearer class level + Charisma modifier) or be shaken for as long as they remain within and 1 minute thereafter. A creature which successfully saves is immune for as long as it remains within this aura and 1 minute thereafter, and a creature which fails and re-enters while the effect is still active upon them does not have to save again but the duration is reset.

Hungry for Life (Su) At the end of its life cycle the curse shows a certain fondness for the Outclan Cursebearer, knowing that if the cursebearer dies so too does it. A 10th level Outclan Cursebearer may expand the area affected by their Greater Erode Life out to up to 30-ft as a standard action, or reduce down to a minimum of 10-ft as a standard action. In addition an Outclan Cursebearer regains hit points each round equal to the amount of hit points lost by other creatures to the Outclan Cursebearer's Greater Erode Life. If an Outclan Cursebearer is dying their Greater Erode Life automatically extends to its full length.

Unbound by Death (Su): Full grown the curse within an Outclan Cursebearer is ready, even if unwilling, to explode from them consuming and destroying all nearby and in its death throes spreading its energies letting them seap back into the earth to create a new generation. When a 10th level Outclan Cursebearer dies they may cast up to 3 spells they know with an area of effect. Each spell must be a different spell and must be centered on the Outclan Cursebearer's square. These spells are Widened and Empowered even if the Outclan Cursebearer does not have either of these feats. An Outclan Cursebearer may still be revived normally; in fact the curse while fearing death loves to see their bearer die and return for each such death spreads its seeds. These seeds sink into the earth and forms the next generation of the baleful energies waiting for new hosts or to infect an unwilling creature.

Outclan Cursebearer Spell List
    Spoiler
    Show

Level 1 Spells
    Cause Feat
    Charm Person
    Chill Touch
    Detect Magic
    Detect Undead
    Entropic Shield
    Expeditious Retreat
    Magic Weapon
    Mount
    Phantom Threat
    Prestidigitation
    Protection from Good/Law
    Ray of Enfeeblement
    Read Magic
    Sleep
    Hideous Laughter
    undetectable Alignment
    Unseen Servant

Level 2 Spells
    Blindness/Deafness
    Bull's Strength
    Command Undead
    Darkness
    Eagle's Splendor
    False Life
    Invisibility
    Mirror Image
    Protection from Arrows
    Rage
    Resist Energy
    Scare
    See Invisibility
    Spider Climb
    Suggestion
    Summon Swarm
    Touch of Idiocy

Level 3 Spells
    Animate Dead
    Arcane Sight
    Deep Slumber
    Dispel Magic
    Fly
    Hound of Doom
    Invisibility Sphere
    Magic Weapon, Greater
    Nondetection
    Protection from Energy
    Ray of Exhaustion
    Slow
    Stinking Cloud
    Vampiric Touch
    Wind Wall

Level 4 Spells
    Bestow Curse
    Charm Monster
    Confusion
    Contagion
    Cursed Blade
    Detect Scrying
    Enervation
    Fear
    Invisibility, Greater
    Phantasmal Killer
    Poison
    Scrying
    Solid Fog

Level 5 Spells
    Baleful Polymorph
    Blight
    Break Enchantment
    Cloudkill
    Dominate Person
    Faithful Hound
    Nightmare
    Overland Flight
    Sending
    Slay Living
    Waves of Fatigue

Level 6 Spells
    Bestow Curse, Greater
    Create Undead
    Dispel Magic, Greater
    Eyebite
    Suggestion, Mass
    True Seeing

Thanks. Could you clarify the BAB and Save charts, please? The wording on the Curse effects would indicate party members are generally affected, which could be tricky in actual gameplay. The Aging thing is. . . odd, as in I'm not sure why it's included, let alone considered a (Su) ability. Also, I'm a little confused about the separate spellcasting list/requirement, if this is intended to be Hexblade friendly.
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show