New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion IV: Roll Join Debate

@AThousandWords I realize you've got a thing going on, but one of the things I really like about the internet is I don't have to decipher handwriting or weird formatting. Could you at least do transcripts?

Personally, I'd set it as
    Sweet Dreams are made of these (fae)
    Who am I to disagree? (lunars, due to wyld taint and the fact that they do tend to fight the fae anyway)
    I traveled the world and the Seven Seas (Solars: I've always viewed them as free ranging whether because they're looking for something or fleeing something)
    Everybody's looking for something (Dragonbloods spend so much of their time scavenging and hunting the others and the like)
    Some of them want to use you (Sids: their plot role is the chessmaster/man behind the man, gold faction trying to use the illuminated and bronze trying to use the immaculates)
    Some of them want to be used by you (Alchemical's relationship with the state)
    Some of them want to abuse you (infernals)
    Some of them want to be abused (abyssals)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

A transcript would really help, ATW. The picture thing is neat, but it makes quoting a specific part of your post harder then it needs to be.

Also, (mostly) finished up Highest-Burning Crown style, but for three Charms. Would greatly appreciate feedback.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Fair enough. But as you view it as a convenience issue, I trust you see why I'll do the same and probably not be reading/responding to further picture posts.

Lunars needed to fit and are primarily defined by their relationship with/antagonism to the wyld. I chose that line for them because of their contrarian nature. "Who am I to disagree" doesn't preclude disagreement, it if anything always struck me as prelude to "this is who I am to argue" looking at the follow up lines. Taken out of context, yeah, it doesn't fit. But if you look at it as part of the larger chorus... it still probably doesn't fit except in my warped mind, but oh well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ohmygod SIDT is here!

I like golentan's version, but I'd swap solars and lunars - lunars fit the nomad and wanderer in my head, and if we go with "who am I to disagree" meaning "by the way, I'm disagreeing with you", then "I'm the chosen of the Unconquered Sun" is a pretty good answer to the question.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, regarding our RotSE game...

Last night we tried to stop the Lotus Massacre, but 98 of the Sidereals were killed. Also, the Sun got kidnapped from heaven, on the same day, presumably by agents of the Ebon Dragon, who was directly possessing the Scarlet Empress. We found her when we entered the heart of the Realm Defense Grid. We then of course tried to punch her in the face. Apparently Ebby wasn't counting on my ability to take out half his health levels in one turn, and so following that, he fled. Our Twilight had a bunch of countermagics prepped to stop him, but since he can only let loose one spell a round, and Ebby got two...

That was one heck of a Calibration.

Oh, and apparently the Infernals were not just good enough to carry out the Lotus Massacre with efficiency the module could never have predicted, but without requiring any of their Defilers, since we've been informed that they're all in the Labyrinth with the Essence 6+ Fiend who BMS'ed our Twilight, learning his custom-made time-dilation spell.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-05-01 at 10:56 AM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Qaera; 2011-05-01 at 03:25 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Dear lord that's annoying.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Firbolg in the Playground

Huh, could've sworn there was another post here...

Also, while I have no intention of stifling your expressiveness, ATW, nor any ability to, would you at least mind spoilering your images so they don't stretch out the pages?
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-05-01 at 02:06 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okay, remember how nobody knows what the Adamant caste Alchies are supposed to represent? Well, I have three theories:
    • The Adamants represent Autochthon and the Alchemicals. Hence why they are made of the same material as Autobot's brain.
    • The Adamants represent the timeline, gaining new powers from specific, important events (For example, they got their neuralyzer animae from the Sids wiping themselves off the map). This means they are both a living textbook of Creation's history and a prediction for its future.
    • The Adamants represent technology, artifacts etc. Eventually one of them will figure this out and go technopath on a bunch of stuff.

Most of these are cool ideas. Cool ideas I'd like to see in action sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

11. - Top - End - #371

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Mage View Post
    Okay, remember how nobody knows what the Adamant caste Alchies are supposed to represent?
    Wait what?

Alchemical castes are based around the magical materials. There are six magical materials in Autochthon. When Autochthon decided to sleep, he handed the Adamant caste to the Divine Ministers to serve as an internal police on Autochthonia, specifically other Alchemicals.

I mean, they're not really supposed to represent anything.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

12. - Top - End - #372

It is explicitly stated in Alchies that the Adamants are a sort of mystery. The Orichalcum castes represent the Solars and so on, but nobody knows what the Adamants represent. Ergo my ideas.
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

The Alchemicals are just prototypes built from magical materials. The reason that Orichalcum Castes resemble Solars is because they're made out of Orichalcum, which is directly associated with Ignis Divine, whereas Solars are, well, also directly associated with Ignis Divine. They're two points of data that correlate via a third point, not directly with each other.

If Auto was making prototypes to directly represent future Exalted, then he wouldn't have made a Soulsteel Caste. There's no way he could've foreseen Abyssals.

14. - Top - End - #374

We think.

Guess what's also explicitly stated in Alchies?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Mage View Post
    Guess what's also explicitly stated in Alchies?
    Alchemicals are decidedly bad at martial arts for some reason? I guess it's a Primordial thing. I think someone needs to make a Lotus Devil Tiger.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

The tiger looks better with a white background.
    Last edited by Qaera; 2011-05-01 at 03:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

I'm saving that image, just so you know.

And I kind of like the posts-as-images thing.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I'm saving that image, just so you know.

And I kind of like the posts-as-images thing.
    So do I. Although it kinda makes me sad that I can't even draw THAT well. Hohum. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

20. - Top - End - #380

A teaser for the new SMA style I'm working on, Rainbow Stroll of Gangsters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grand Burning Bitchslap Prana
    Cost: 1m; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 5
    Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Obvious, Pimping
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Pimpin' Ain't Easy Approach
    She said "Ho best be giving me my money"

The martial artist never need suffer lip again. The martial artist draws back his hand, glowing with green light, and then slaps a bitch. At the moment of impact, glowing green Old Realm characters saying "Oh SNAP!" appear in mid-air around the target. Charm may enhance any unarmed strike, making it hit automatically, breaking even perfect defenses. No counterattacks me be used in response to this attack. This attacks damage is set to 1 bashing damage in Step 10. After being struck by this Charm, the target may take no action for (martial artist's Essence) ticks as he reels from being served.
    Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-05-01 at 07:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, is your avatar doing a thug snap with its right hand? That's the only thing I can conceptualize from that motion.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
    Prerequisite Charms: Pimping Ain't Easy Approach

The martial artist never need suffer lip again. The martial artist draws back his hand, glowing with green light, and then slaps a bitch. At the moment of impact, glowing green Old Realm characters saying "Oh SNAP!" appear in mid-air around the target. Charm may enhance any unarmed strike, making it hit automatically, breaking even perfect defenses. No counterattacks me be used in response to this attack. This attacks damage is set to 1 bashing damage in Step 10. After being struck by this Charm, the target may take no action for (martial artist's Essence) ticks as he reels from being served.
    My thoughts; huh, a gansta' style. That's in- oh god. Why are you messing with perfect defenses. Now your charm has to go to the same place that Zeal and the like are.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

You can't break perfect defenses. That's kinda, you know, how perfect defenses work.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Considering all the stuff you can attach to an unarmed strike with MA (especially with Combo-OK in there), this is a really abusable Charm. Seriously, don't go on the "beats perfect defenses" ladder. That is a ladder that leads only to frustration and sadness.

26. - Top - End - #386

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    My thoughts; huh, a gansta' style. That's in- oh god. Why are you messing with perfect defenses. Now your charm has to go to the same place that Zeal and the like are.
    Bitches best

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    You can't break perfect defenses. That's kinda, you know, how perfect defenses work.
    not be messing

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    Considering all the stuff you can attach to an unarmed strike with MA (especially with Combo-OK in there), this is a really abusable Charm. Seriously, don't go on the "beats perfect defenses" ladder. That is a ladder that leads only to frustration and sadness.
    This is a joke that will never be expanded and was built off a placeholder for HBC style.
    wit' my style.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

It'd prolly be okay if you made it not combo-ok, and not apply any effects from permanant or scenelong charms.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Then it just wouldn't work, rather than not working and making some people think it's powerful!

29. - Top - End - #389
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, I HAVE that book and I couldn't give you a good Fae character idea if my life truly depended on it. Their flavor and mechanics both elude me. Fae are just too weird.