New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

((This thread covers all locations south of Canterlot. Map!))

War.

War never changes.

Except when the war involves pastel colored magical talking tiny horses.

In which case war changes quite a bit. But only in so far as it looks a little cuter. Otherwise the horror of war is all too familiar.

Two hundred years ago war raged between Equestria and the Zebra Empire. A war ended decisively with megaspell strikes on each nation, devastating the land and poisoning it with necromantic radiation. The Pegasus sealed up the sky with an omnipresent curtain of clouds, shrouding the surface in perpetual gloom. Survivors retreated into the Stables, massive fallout shelters to protect them from the radiation storm above. Some offered salvation. Others became nightmarish death-traps. But the Stables opened and descendants populated the blasted, blighted wastes.

Some Stables remain closed, forgotten by the world.

The Princesses are dead.

Fell things watch from the Stars.

Unity seeks to consume all.

A new order rises on the backs of slaves.

Harmony is shattered and forgotten.

Discord warps fragile virtue.

And Friendship is dying in the hearts of ponies.

Can light be returned to the Equestrian Wasteland?

Or is suffering and hate its only future?

This can only be answered in the course of time.

This is Fallout Equestria.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-25 at 06:30 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 1

[Smile! Ruins]

The Talons wait!

And listen.

Waaaaaaaaiting.

And upon returning?

"So I take it the pony we need to talk to is stuck and probably dead on the other side of the door we want to get through?" Heim inquires.

Akwellen looks generally irritated.

But then... looking generally irritated is what he usually seems to do.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Smiling Ruins]

Rusty returns with some rather worn-looking, a crudely patched saddlebags.
    Clearly they've been very abused over the course of their existence, but remain functional enough.

He looks faintly frustrated.
    "Well...by pre-war procedure, yes. Best I can tell, there doesn't appear to be any badges or cards in her office. So if she had clearance, that probably wasn't the way."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Road to New Appaloosa

Lucky sighs. "Not if we're lucky."

Har har, name puns.

"Never been to New Appaloosa? Nice place. Martini runs the bar, Sawbones runs the 'hospital,' and Ditzy runs a nice little mercantile. Word of warning - Ditzy's a walleyed ghoul, so try not to stare or scream or anything," he grunts. "She's nice, and should be treated as such."

He looks back over his shoulder, then back at the path ahead. "By the way, can we not broadcast my former Legion-ness to everypony we meet? I'd rather not make enemies with everything," he groans wearily.

[tag: Benson, Purity]

Gwendolyn had nothing to comment here on, this seemed a conversation between Bright Eyes and Lucky. She simply continued to hover overhead.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Killing Some Time Before The Killing Time

Shadow listens thoughtfully. "I see. My condolences for your families. Stories such as yours are why we prefer to capture raiders alive. A bullet is too good for them; crucifixion is a much more fitting alternative," she says with some satisfaction.

She then idly gestures her hoof towards Elestre. "I can tell you, though, that the Legion would welcome you with open arms. The scars of the past make us who we are. They show what we have been through, and what we have overcome. A lesser pony would have been broken irreparable by your experience. And yet here you are. The Legion would not view you or your form with disgust... but rather with respect," she muses.

Her cloaked head then turns towards Luka and Night Jewel. "And what of you? I am particularly curious as to how a Stable Pony wound up leaving the luxury of his home to come to this Celestia-forsaken hellhole."

[Tag: Everyone but Tychris. ]

Eledwhen looks at Shadow Stride in confusion. What's a cru-si-fick-shun?

[Tag: :Lycan, Luka, Drowlord, anyone who wants to explain the concept of crucifixion to a seven year old ]
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-09-16 at 09:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

6. - Top - End - #6

[Frowning Ruins]

"Horseapples..." Heim curses. "Well, I can't say that I'm surprised. We'll need to make the trek to Baltimare in which case. Probably a decent idea to head by Shattered Hoof and see if there aren't any caravans departing from there that'll need the protection."

May as well get paid for the trip, right?

Getting paid for the trip makes everything better!

"It'll be nice to be home for a little while at least," Sivr comments, readjusting her rifle a bit. "No doubt Eagle Eye will want me to do some touchup work on the sensor equipment as usual."

"And I finally have enough caps to grab that new gun I've been looking at!"
    Akwellen nearly squees with delight.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucky sighs. "Not if we're lucky."

Har har, name puns.

"Never been to New Appaloosa? Nice place. Martini runs the bar, Sawbones runs the 'hospital,' and Ditzy runs a nice little mercantile. Word of warning - Ditzy's a walleyed ghoul, so try not to stare or scream or anything," he grunts. "She's nice, and should be treated as such."

He looks back over his shoulder, then back at the path ahead. "By the way, can we not broadcast my former Legion-ness to everypony we meet? I'd rather not make enemies with everything," he groans wearily.
    "Oh, all right. It's not like who you served actually means anything any more, right?"

Bright Eyes nodded. "I've heard that the local shopkeeper was kind of strange-looking, but you're not Mr. Pretty Face yourself, so I think I can accept it. I'm always polite to shopkeepers. It's a good idea, you know!"

[Dealin' With Slavers, Ze]

Night Jewel glanced at Eledwhen. "Crucifixion is killing ponies by nailing them to things, basically. It's not as pleasant as it sounds."

She then thought for a bit. "Well, I've lived by my wits for most of my life. I never knew my parents; they either died or abandoned me. I used to live in the little town of Bridle Shores. Such a nice place, but there wasn't much to do there. As soon as I was ready, I embarked into the wastes to put my skills to better use. And now, here I am." She chose to leave out a few parts, such as the actual reason she had left her home, but her story was mostly accurate.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Road to New Appaloosa

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Oh, all right. It's not like who you served actually means anything any more, right?"

Bright Eyes nodded. "I've heard that the local shopkeeper was kind of strange-looking, but you're not Mr. Pretty Face yourself, so I think I can accept it. I'm always polite to shopkeepers. It's a good idea, you know!"
    Lucky rolls his eyes. "Well, gee, thanks for reminding me that I'm ugly. I don't exactly know where to find a good plastic surgeon, ya know. And even if I did, I don't have near enough caps, and I'm pretty sure they don't accept Celestines as payment. Seriously, what am I gonna do with those?" he grunts.

He then gets an idea. With a sly look in his eyes, he turns to glance back at Gwendolyn. "Hey Gwendolyn... You ever used coin shot before?"

[Tag: Purity & Benson]

Plotting and Planning and Waiting

Night Jewel glanced at Eledwhen. "Crucifixion is killing ponies by nailing them to things, basically. It's not as pleasant as it sounds."

She then thought for a bit. "Well, I've lived by my wits for most of my life. I never knew my parents; they either died or abandoned me. I used to live in the little town of Bridle Shores. Such a nice place, but there wasn't much to do there. As soon as I was ready, I embarked into the wastes to put my skills to better use. And now, here I am." She chose to leave out a few parts, such as the actual reason she had left her home, but her story was mostly accurate.
    "That's the 'cleaner' way of describing it, really..." Shadow muses. "Leg breaking and strategic use of branding irons are also options we sometimes take into consideration."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-09-16 at 10:43 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post

Eledwhen looks at Shadow Stride in confusion. What's a cru-si-fick-shun?
    He doesn't really know how to explain it to her
    "[Intelligence] It's a form of punishment used in ancient times that consisted of hanging the convicted onto a cross-shaped device; as far as accounts tell, it was terrible: pretty painful and lasted a long time before dying"

Then turns to Shadow
    "Oh, You mean me? not much to say, I'm from Stable 54, used to live there with dad, but he escaped, so I came out here to look for him; went through the Everfree and met Lamia, Eledwhen and Finder; then to New Appaloosa and found out Dad went to Manehatten, we were about to go there, but on the way we heard the gunfire last night so we went back to the town, then I learned about Old Appleloosan slavers, and here I am"

[Tag: Dark Elf Bard and Lycan]
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-09-17 at 01:20 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

Road to Old Appleoosa

Elestre blinked. This mare had very quickly changed long-ingrained patterns in the colt's personality.

"Well then, it might not be a bad idea to rest my magic until I have to use it..."

He drains his illusion away, leaving his body, skeletally thin, virtually entirely covered in huge scars and missing its mane and most of its tail, exposed. His broken horn flared for a few seconds more after he dropped it.

"I guess I'm too good at hiding for my own good."

He silently listens to the discussion on crucifixion, filing it away for later use.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Smiling Ruins]

Rusty glances back at the buildings behind him, mulling over a thought or two.
    "Well, this place isn't exactly going anywhere. Probably do me good to get some more traveling underhoof."

Get more properly used to the life of a tripod, as he suspects this is going to be the way of life for quite awhile yet.

Taking a moment to adjusts his newly-acquired bags, the earth pony gives a little hop and a shake to get himself prepped.
    "One short and painful failure here, and one quick and easy failure here. Hoping for a long and dirty success next."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

12. - Top - End - #12

Eledwhen looks horrified! She steps back toward her cousin.

But... No! That's horrible! Why would anypony do that?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Roadside Confessions

Ebon has mostly been silently listening for this conversation, seemingly staring up into the clouds as if to find the stars. Suddenly, however, he speaks up toward Eledwhen.

"Because they can. In some cases, they're right, too. I can think of a few ponies I've encountered over the years that deserved much worse than a speedy death by fire."

[Tag: Eledwhen]
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-09-17 at 10:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Road to New Appaloosa

Lucky rolls his eyes. "Well, gee, thanks for reminding me that I'm ugly. I don't exactly know where to find a good plastic surgeon, ya know. And even if I did, I don't have near enough caps, and I'm pretty sure they don't accept Celestines as payment. Seriously, what am I gonna do with those?" he grunts.

He then gets an idea. With a sly look in his eyes, he turns to glance back at Gwendolyn. "Hey Gwendolyn... You ever used coin shot before?"

"I beg your pardon?"
    The griffon asked.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Roadside Confessions

Ebon has mostly been silently listening for this conversation, seemingly staring up into the clouds as if to find the stars. Suddenly, however, he speaks up toward Eledwhen.

"Because they can. In some cases, they're right, too. I can think of a few ponies I've encountered over the years that deserved much worse than a speedy death by fire."

[Tag: Eledwhen]
    Eledwhen shakes her head in denial. Nuh uh. No-one deserves to die, not even with a gun or a crucksifixion. They just need... uh, less violent punishment!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

16. - Top - End - #16

Road to Old Appleoosa

Elestre magicked his trunk of books into place here, pulling out a few spellbooks and browsing through them, looking for useful spells.

"Life's nice, most of the time. But there are things in it that one could do to make it very painful, and yet make the one who undergoes suffering able to repent. I'm young and I might be naïve, but there are only a very few things worth killing for. There are better things to do to monsters. Make them depressed, make them see their faults, so many options that don't kill. They only make one shaken up enough to see one's error."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Handloading Hoofloading Lessons on the Way to New Appaloosa]

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I beg your pardon?"
    The griffon asked.
    Lucky points a wingtip at her shotguns. "It's a custom ammo sort. I said I was good at tinkering, remember? 'Hoof-loading' falls under that." He pauses to look over at Bright Eyes. "Before you ask, 'hoof-loading' is when you make your own bullets.."

Looking back at Gwendolyn, he continues his explanation. "Anyhoo, coin shot is a type of hoof-load where you cram a shotgun shell full of coins. It doesn't have as much armor penetration as proper buckshot or a slug, and but it causes horrendous soft-tissue damage, and packs a lot of stopping power. Making it is tricky, though. Caps are too malleable and lightweight, and while pre-war bits are great for it, they're pretty scarce. But Legion coins - Celestines - work perfectly. And guess who's got a sack full of 'em?" he asks with a hint of mischievous glee.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucky points a wingtip at her shotguns. "It's a custom ammo sort. I said I was good at tinkering, remember? 'Hoof-loading' falls under that." He pauses to look over at Bright Eyes. "Before you ask, 'hoof-loading' is when you make your own bullets.."

Looking back at Gwendolyn, he continues his explanation. "Anyhoo, coin shot is a type of hoof-load where you cram a shotgun shell full of coins. It doesn't have as much armor penetration as proper buckshot or a slug, and but it causes horrendous soft-tissue damage, and packs a lot of stopping power. Making it is tricky, though. Caps are too malleable and lightweight, and while pre-war bits are great for it, they're pretty scarce. But Legion coins - Celestines - work perfectly. And guess who's got a sack full of 'em?" he asks with a hint of mischievous glee.
    "Ah, clever! Reminds me of the time I killed a griffon with a backpack." Bright Eyes laughed. "Of course, it's not so good against poorer targets, since they don't pay back the ammunition used, but if you're, say, stopping bank robbers, it's brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Eledwhen shakes her head in denial. Nuh uh. No-one deserves to die, not even with a gun or a crucksifixion. They just need... uh, less violent punishment!
    Night Jewel nodded. "Good ideals. Stick to them. It'll keep you from becoming a brutal maniac. I can only do so much about the killing others do, but I've never actually taken another pony's life, and I don't intend to. It's more fun to drive them to paranoia instead."

19. - Top - End - #19

[Smile Ruins ==> Road to Shattered Hoof]

"Hopefully so. It would be a let down if this whole mess ends up being a waste of time. But my gut is telling me that's far from what we have to look forward to," Heim replies as he sets off toward the road once more. "Usually my gut doesn't lie. Unless I have indigestion, then there's no telling what it might be gurgling about."

Stupid gut.

Cease your indecisive gurgling!

"Hey, Rusy right?"
    Sivr pipes up. "How did you get involved with that Ministry hellhole, anyway? Who was looking to cash in on the little operation you had going on down there?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Gwendolyn

"Sounds like we have something to do in our free time,"
    She simply commented with back and faintly smiled.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Road to New Appaloosa

Lucky nods to Gwnedolyn, a little bit of shine back in his eyes.

He then stops dead in his tracks. "Wait," he turns to Bright Eyes, "You killed a who with a what!?"

[tag: Purity & Benson]

----

Road to Old Appaloosa

Shadow looks over to the little filly. "I will stay with her during the attack. I am too weak to be of much use in a forward attack position, but I can certainly keep her protected from stray rounds. For now, though, I shall rest to regain some strength," she muses.

Shadow lays down to take a nap, while everyone else presumable relaxes, meanders about, or otherwise kills time until Lamianos returns.

And eventually...

Who's that on the horizon, trotting towards the group? It's Lamianos, of course!

[tag: Tychris, Purity, Dark Elf Bard, and the rest of the team]
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-09-17 at 09:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

He then stops dead in his tracks. "Wait," he turns to Bright Eyes, "You killed a who with a what!?"
    "Gee, do you have hearing problems? This one rogue griffon tried to eat me once, and I was prepared. Haven't you had to deal with that kind of thing before? ...Oh, right, you've got memory problems. Never mind that, then!"

((I'll let the rest of the Old Appaloosa group catch up a bit. Just don't skip too far ahead, okay?))

23. - Top - End - #23

Night Jewel nodded. "Good ideals. Stick to them. It'll keep you from becoming a brutal maniac. I can only do so much about the killing others do, but I've never actually taken another pony's life, and I don't intend to. It's more fun to drive them to paranoia instead."
    The stable pegasus nods
    "That or just scare them with superior firepower, but not shooting at them, just around to scare them, like fireworks.
    But yeah, a pony shouldn't be killed because of stuff, it's preferable that they learn how bad were the things they did"

He turns to face Lamianos when he arrives
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

What a wonderful day!

Lamianos begins to trot back to the group, looking very happy (and surprisingly helmetless, strapped to his side). He begins whistling a tune as he starts to bend the curve and looks at Luka with a grin before saying "Good news everyone! I scouted out the slaver base and discovered a few things. For starters, the slaves are held in these buildings," he returns to the map and points out a few of the lesser buildings, "And it would appear their defences are down. Seemed as if they were partying after they defeated the Legionneighres. With this information we can continue with the plan without risking hitting the slaves with fire balls or having to hunt around with them." pleased with himself he begins to draw on the map, re enacting the battle plan like he was taught to do as a young foal, repeating the process over and over again until he could see it unfold infront of his very eyes.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    What a wonderful day!

Lamianos begins to trot back to the group, looking very happy (and surprisingly helmetless, strapped to his side). He begins whistling a tune as he starts to bend the curve and looks at Luka with a grin before saying "Good news everyone! I scouted out the slaver base and discovered a few things. For starters, the slaves are held in these buildings," he returns to the map and points out a few of the lesser buildings, "And it would appear their defences are down. Seemed as if they were partying after they defeated the Legionneighres. With this information we can continue with the plan without risking hitting the slaves with fire balls or having to hunt around with them." pleased with himself he begins to draw on the map, re enacting the battle plan like he was taught to do as a young foal, repeating the process over and over again until he could see it unfold infront of his very eyes.
    [Old Appleloosa's crusade For Great Justice and Freedom!]

The colt brightens up after the news
    "That's great! alright, we should use the 3 plans then, we should move out already and go like we planned"
    He sat down for a bit, grabed his pistol with a hoof and pulled the hammer with the other
    "I'm ready over here"
    He says with a sigh, but with adrenaline noticeable in his voice.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-09-17 at 11:19 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Road to New Appaloosa

"Gee, do you have hearing problems? This one rogue griffon tried to eat me once, and I was prepared. Haven't you had to deal with that kind of thing before? ...Oh, right, you've got memory problems. Never mind that, then!"
    Gwendolyn had nothing to say on the matter, even if she was a griffon, le shrug and all that. She wasn't a pony eater herself even if she enjoyed meat. Mmm....she could go for some molerat.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Road to Old Appaloosa]

Shadow Stride is still asleep. She was apparently quite tired. Someone should probably wake her up.

Carefully.

[Tag: Everyone or no one.]

---

[Road to New Appaloosa]

((I'll let the rest of the Old Appaloosa group catch up a bit. Just don't skip too far ahead, okay?))
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gwendolyn had nothing to say on the matter, even if she was a griffon, le shrug and all that. She wasn't a pony eater herself even if she enjoyed meat. Mmm....she could go for some molerat.
    "Actually, most of my memories have return, thank you very much," Lucky replies with an obvious lack of enthusiasm. "But now that you mention it, I seem to recall that most of my encounters with griffins have been quite amicable. In fact, now that I think about it... I think I-"

Lucky freezes. His eyes go wide in shocked realization, and a noticeable blush forms around his eyes on the only parts of his face not covered by magical bandage. Perhaps some of the blush is even visible through the bandages, such is Lucky's luck and the depths of his awkward embarrassment.

The pegasus gives a loud cough, and then begins to stride purposefully along the path, resuming his trek with gusto. "Let's talk about something else," he suggests briskly, his voice slightly tense and an octave higher than normal.

He is also quite obviously avoiding looking at Gwendolyn.

[tag: Purity & Benson]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground

Old Appleoosa Planning Committee

"All well and good then,"
    Finder responds to the good news, everypony. "These slavers are just a notch above the berserk raiders, put one through the skulls of the organizers, and the rest'll falter. Just better armed from their income."

The unicorn takes out his revolver and spins the cylinder.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

[Road to Old Appaloosa]

Gwendolyn stiffened in derp and simply just cocked a brow, beak slightly agape riddled with confusion. Ooookay, that was odd. The griffon shook her head in brief thought, best not to sit on it, not when there was the possibility of mole rat meat to eat upon arriving in town.

Mole rat meat, over a spitfire, that actually made the meat seem better than it actually tasted.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Assault Planning

"I suppose no one here is likely to understand my point of view on this particular subject, given that it was formed while I was tied down and forced to watch my father, mother, and sister's hides peeled off slowly, to hear their screams as they begged for somepony, anypony to help them.

The ponies that did it weren't even raiders. They were just a group of bandits that decided that they wanted to see somepony suffer. Ponies like that don't deserve to live. They don't feel regret, nor sympathy. You can't make them guilty. Ponies like that don't even deserve a quick, painless death. It just feels wrong, giving them such easy peace when all that they've ever done is cause pain in the lives of others."

That second paragraph is positively dripping with venom. And then Lamianos shows up.

"Ah, this is good. In that case, I'll focus my blasts in these areas -"

He points out what he assumes to be the Slavers' barracks, utility structures, and living areas.

"- and hit the streets too just to be safe. I'm hoping for a devastating first strike that will disable a portion of their forces and distract the rest from the armory raid. Once we are inside, it is no longer wise for me to rain artillery from the skies, so I'll circle around north and see where I can best lend support."
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-09-18 at 12:43 AM.