New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

[Landing Zone]
    Cacida sighs.
    We'll have to get you pants you can stop falling over in as well... I'll work on getting you more sopor slime.
    For now, let's figure out where to stay.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Landing Zone
    "Sounds good, Sis!"
    Ayakan will proceed to look around.
    "I have no idea where we'll find a hive around here though..."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

[Landing Zone]
    We may have to find a place to dump our sylladexes in, a sub-basement or something that nobody cares about... hopefully they accept payment in what caegars and dekacaegars we have...
    ((Assuming troll currency has higher denominations than caegars.))
    Cacida frowns.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94

Landing Zone
    Ayakan just stares at Cacida.
    She's quite high right now on supor slime.
    "Deka-whatsists?"
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

[Landing Zone]
    She manages to avoid facepalming, but only with effort.
    Our planet's money, dear... come on.
    She reaches to take her younger friend's hand, looking to head off in search of somewhere to live.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

The Sitar's Strings

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Sitar's Strings]

The couple doesn't strike me as physically inhuman, yes. The existence of eye color-altering contacts and vehement gothic flair would lead me to hypothesize that Becky is human with stylistic preferences matching those of a goth. And Clarissa is disguised, with theatrical verve, as a human policewoman. Her tails are cloaked and a simple illusion has been cast that restores a quasi-human quality to her mouth. Granted, their auras may speak volumes for their true natures, if Becky has one or someone is acutely sensitive to Clarissa's.

But nevermind that! The play must go on!

A smiling Clarissa sways into the restaurant, blowing a bubble with her gum as she advances. She attempts to hug Becky and run her hands down to the base of Becky's spine as she pauses beside her friend. Clarissa additionally attempts to greet her with a devoted kiss. An impassioned kiss that might transfer the minty wad of gum she was chewing into Becky's ownership.

"I apologize for my tardiness, my love. They held me up with a debriefing, and you know how merciless and monotonous those are. So here I am, so late I haven't even had time to change into an evening dress! I just...I couldn't wait to see you, y'know."

Red eyes are generally associated with vampirism or demon heritage. People who want to use inhuman characteristics as fashion will have to prove their humanity to get into Sitar's Strings.

Unless they are two impossibly smoking hot women and the waiter attending the door is a teenage boy.

At any rate, the teenage boy waiter is still speechlessly ogling Becky.

((Tag: BR))

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Sitar's Strings

Latalla blinks a few times.

Did anyone else just notice the universe blink off for a few days? Anyone?

She turns to the waitress.

I mean, surely you felt that, right?

Emily blinks back. "Er, no? Can you please take a seat? I can offer you a window seat, a seat at the bar, or a traditional shadowy corner."

A seat at the bar will place Latella with Zefir, Earl's character whose name I forgot, and the npc Kareem.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    ((This mights got missed ))

The Sitar's String

Zefir takes a look around. The woman coming first act's strange. Even thought he only heard part of the story. Maybe she is insane? Well the nexus itself is insane so maybe this is ok.

And then Becky and Clarissa entered. At first Zefir wasn't aware who they are, but as Clarissa spoke up he remembers the voice. He tries to stay calm and may obviously avoid looking at Clarissa.

An Alleyway

At the entrance stands a giant stone scorpion, looking into the alley. He can't make out what happens there he just hears the panting.

"All right?" he asks into the alley.

((Tag: Earl))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

The Sitar's Strings

((Sorry Zefir; I did indeed miss that post.))

"I wish there were more places that were human-only. Just for the variety; I'd still come here most often." If Latella arrives, he nods slightly.

((His name is Ekkehard Ohtheresson, or Blagzrukel if one knows his true identity as a Glabrezu demon permanently polymorphed.))

Elsewhere in the Red Zone

When the Chrysalid moves on, the three 'children', with mouths and eyes open, will approach the ex-zombie. They'll check how fresh and intact it is before they do anything else. Hopefully the tongue, eyes and liver are all present.

An Alley

A child is here, watching the murderer and his knife stab the corpse. They appear to be about eight and is an almost baseline human girl with dark, purple-tinged skin, long blonde hair that hangs down in slightly twitching dreadlocks to her waist. She is keeping here eyes closed, yet seems perfectly aware of what is going on in the alleyway.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-10-07 at 04:08 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Red Zone - Just a Park]

The Chrysalids near Sophia are successfully distracted by the two bikers. They turn their heads, and then the rest of their bodies and let out a scream before starting their approach.

The Chrysalid grappling Gniewomir is engulfed in flame. It screams in pain, and in a last ditch effort to cause damage, vomits up its poisonous spit, trying to get it on him. His power armor will more than likely protect him.

The other Chrysalids stay with a cautious approach, unsure why some of the bikers are riding away now. A couple of them break off, trying to get into the rest of the Red Zone.
    Gniewomir will try to throw the Chrysalid off of him. His armor will indeed protect him from the spit.

The other bikers will try to keep the Chrysalids focused on them. Two of them will drive around the ones heading off, trying to corral them back to the park. One of the bikers drives off, intend on getting into position far away from the park, from where he can snipe.

Backup will arrive next post.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #99

Landing Pad
    Ayakan is grabbed by the hand!
    She will follow her friend anywhere!

---

An Alleyway
    The man removes the blade from his victim who's now drained.
    "Will you rise now, my lord? Has your appetite been sufficiently...wetted?"
    Cue the Chrysalid and scary child to do something!
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Billie straddles his lap and tries to meet his eyes. "Of course they did. I know that type. A bird like Elaine, they'd have eaten her for breakfast if you hadn't been there."
    Vinny's Place

Vinny meets her eyes and looks like he's about to say something for a moment before he decides better and just finishes the bottle in his hand and tosses it aside, into the cheap metal bin he uses for a trash can. He'll lean up to kiss Billie hungrily for a moment before breaking off and pulling out a letter from his pocket, showing it to her. "For after." He explains after setting it on the endtable and going back to trying to kiss her.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]
    They'll be wandering the streets a while before they find a suitable building.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Vinny's Place

Vinny meets her eyes and looks like he's about to say something for a moment before he decides better and just finishes the bottle in his hand and tosses it aside, into the cheap metal bin he uses for a trash can. He'll lean up to kiss Billie hungrily for a moment before breaking off and pulling out a letter from his pocket, showing it to her. "For after." He explains after setting it on the endtable and going back to trying to kiss her.
    Billie doesn't hesitate to take hold of Vinny and carry on what he's started. She only takes care to make sure a bottle is nearby. She's still sober when the curtain starts, but by the time it's over, she's happily drunk.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Vinny's Place

When Billie next wakes, she'll find Vinny at the stove, cooking breakfast. He doesn't seem too worse for wear because of the drinking and last night, but she might notice that the music is off so it is possible he has a hell of a hangover. The idea is reinforced when he winces when the grease pops rather loudly.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

Billie, of course, has no hangover, thanks to Dionysus. She's still conditioned from years of being hungover to be somewhat quieter than her usual boisterous self, and walks over to Vinny to grab his ass and kiss the back of his neck.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

[A[nother] Park]

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Well someone finnallly tracked me down to give me my grandpa's fortune. Which I didn't know he had when I was a kid. He was an adventurer for years. Apparently some friends of his had been taking care of it, helping it grow for years."

Anige shrugs. She had been happy to hear she was getting an inhertiance from her grandfather, but disspaointed when it turned out to be only money. She had hoped for something with more sentimental value.
    "That's pretty cool." Sharon smiles, and goes to squeeze Angie's hand, realising how she probably feels. "Maybe someday we could try to, I dunno, retrace his adventures or something."

[Sitar's Strings]

Becky does, indeed, have a demonic aura, for those who can detect such things. Cuthan demon, to be precise.
    And there is possibly Slanneshi taint on top of that...

She shivers at Clarissa's touch, returning the kiss and sliding her hands down Clarissa's back, accepting the trrandfer of gum and chuckling softly. "That's quite alright, my love. I know how those things are. I think you look simply smashing," she purrs, before turning back to the doorboy!

Which, of course, likely puts her well-displayed assets (a) rather close and (b) at ideal height for even better ogling.
    "Table for two, please?" the shadowmancer asks, her voice sultry enough that, were it syrup, it would be oozing, not dripping, from a spoon.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Vinny's Place

Vinny reaches back after the grab to pull her close for a soft kiss. "Mornin' Ma'am." He whispers before nodding to the letter on the counter. "You cen probbly read that while waitin'. Almost done wit' breakfast."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

"Oh horsefeathers! What does she want now?"
    Billie says. She snatches up the letter and flings herself down on a chair, in full flounce mode.

It takes her a few minutes. It's a long letter, and Billie is not much of a reader. But her angry mood fades to a combination of guilt and sadness and sympathy as she gets to the end of the letter.

When she's done, and Vinny's done cooking, she hands it to him. "I dunno what to do, Vinny."

The Sitar's Strings

The teenage boy waiter doesn't say anything - just takes out his cameraphone to get pictures of the two women, while continuing to ogle. Hormones are 100% in control now.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-10-07 at 07:25 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Vinny's Place

Vinny takes his time to read the letter as well, stirring the food with one hand before he sets the letter aside and dishes out the food. He's quiet for a couple minutes as he ponders how he'd respond, but eventually he does speak. "Ma'am, there's a coupa things that I can see." He admits as he begins to pour a couple glasses of orange juice. "First, if either ya need a place ta rest or change or ta "talk" somehow, ya can use the apartment." He says with a nod towards the bed just as an example. "Other than that...well." Vinny starts, scratching his chin in thought before continuing. "You could give me the names of a few of tha worst ya knew here."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-10-07 at 07:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

Billie looks at her plate. "It ain't that easy, Vinny. You know how I am. I'm an easy lay, so most guys are nice to me. If they don't treat me right, I don't stay. I didn't think that they might act all different to a dame that don't put out."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Vinny's Place

"Sure it is." Vinny says before turning his back for a moment to pull on a fresh shirt before starting his meal. "All men are *********. Me included, Ma'am. Youse just git to see tha friendly-like side. Pimps are nasty things fer example. Vicious if theys don' git their way."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Streets]

"Yeah, I gotcha. I wouldn't expect you to to be as crazy as me at least." The dryad giggles. "Taking care of just Laela is a lot of work, and I bet two is even more, huh? And three or four even more than that." Not that Sakura seems to mind one bit. "Adir wants to find someone to hire to help take care of the kids. I said we could talk about it more, but I'm still not sure."
    [Streets]

"I could try to help you find someone reliable if you want Sakura, there are so many strange people these days so you have to be extra careful. Especially if they're going to take care of your children."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

"Oh yeah, definitely. That's one thing I'm worried about." Sakura says with a nod. "I'm just not sure about it. I want to take care of my own kids, you know? Having someone else taking care of them besides Adir, or like you and Harnel, just doesn't seem right to me."

23. - Top - End - #113

WolfInSheepsClothing

Sitar's Strings

Man, you people are not very aware of your surroundings, then. Sure, I'll take a table. Actually, I think that guy over there just referenced me in narrative.

She turns to face Zefir.

Hey, its rude to call people crazy! Even if it was not in dialogue.

She huffs a little, then turns back to the waitress.

Seat me with other people. I'll cover their bill, whoever it is. And make sure it is PCs.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

24. - Top - End - #114

The Protest
    Oh dear...
    In the middle of a square with a rather nice fountain, men and women are protesting! With signs that say things like: Leave Inside to us! And: Can't keep us down!
    Not to mention chanting:
    "Hey hey! Ho ho! The Council and Remnant have to go!"
    Oh dear...
    There's even a booth with a man handing out flyers with their beliefs and demands on them, and a stage where a man is talking about the injustice of the system!
    Oh dear...

---

Streets
    Ayakan has barely any idea what they're doing.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-10-07 at 09:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]
    It takes a lot of haggling, but Cacida finally gets them into the sub-basement space.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Elsewhere in the Red Zone

When the Chrysalid moves on, the three 'children', with mouths and eyes open, will approach the ex-zombie. They'll check how fresh and intact it is before they do anything else. Hopefully the tongue, eyes and liver are all present.

An Alley

A child is here, watching the murderer and his knife stab the corpse. They appear to be about eight and is an almost baseline human girl with dark, purple-tinged skin, long blonde hair that hangs down in slightly twitching dreadlocks to her waist. She is keeping here eyes closed, yet seems perfectly aware of what is going on in the alleyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    An Alleyway
    The man removes the blade from his victim who's now drained.
    "Will you rise now, my lord? Has your appetite been sufficiently...wetted?"
    Cue the Chrysalid and scary child to do something!
    [Elsewhere in the Red Zone]

All that's left of the ex-zombie is some unidentifiable chunks. The children may be able to find a tongue or eyes somewhere in the mess.

[An Alleyway]

The Chrysalid up above lets out a low growl as he peers down on the man. A few drips of poison fall from its mouth to the ground as it hisses.

[The Protest]

One of the people watching the protesters is one of the lesser-known personnel of Remnant, Iamar. She paces among the crowd in her robes, hood up as always.

[Grey Zone]

A woman in reinforced leather armor is walking along the streets, looking around at the various factories and warehouses here.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-10-07 at 10:40 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

[A[nother] Park]

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

"That's pretty cool." Sharon smiles, and goes to squeeze Angie's hand, realising how she probably feels. "Maybe someday we could try to, I dunno, retrace his adventures or something."
    Angie misses her grandfather the most out of any of the family she knew. He was closer to a father for her then her own dad. Getting all this money from him dredged up some old memories of him. Being able to take a trip to get closer to him would be something she would love to do.

"That would actually be great. He never really talked about them with me as a kid, but I bet I can dig up some old dirt on what he did. I would love to do that."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    The Sitar's Strings

((Sorry Zefir; I did indeed miss that post.))

"I wish there were more places that were human-only. Just for the variety; I'd still come here most often." If Latella arrives, he nods slightly.

((His name is Ekkehard Ohtheresson, or Blagzrukel if one knows his true identity as a Glabrezu demon permanently polymorphed.))
    The Sitar's Strings

((It was the last post on the last page. That happens quiet a lot.))

"That's right. Every other race has it's place only they could enter. I hope this bar will stay for a while."

He takes a sip of his drink, still avoiding Becky and Clarissa so he don't get noticed. Then his attention goes over to Kareem.

"Is somthing going on?"

Obviously Zefir doesn't know how to ask him about another anti-non-human mission.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Vinny's Place

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Vinny's Place

"Sure it is." Vinny says before turning his back for a moment to pull on a fresh shirt before starting his meal. "All men are *********. Me included, Ma'am. Youse just git to see tha friendly-like side. Pimps are nasty things fer example. Vicious if theys don' git their way."
    "First man I killed was my pimp." Billie pokes at her meal. "You called me Billie last night. Can you call me Billie again?"

The Sitar's Strings

"Nope," Kareem says. HT is not feeling well enough to GM anything. Zefir should probably come up with his own ways to go after non-humans, perhaps with Ekkehard's help.

"Right this way, ma'am," Emily says to Latella, not understanding most of what she says, and leads her to the bar where the other PCs are sitting. Emily gives Ekkehard a quick smile. He'll see that she's covered her bruise well with makeup, but it's still there.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #120

Streets
    Ayakan tries to get her friend's attention.
    "Hey...Sis?"

---

The Protest
    The protest continues! The chanting continues, as does the peacefulness of the rally.
    "Down with Remnant, down with the Council!"
    Busy with Life