New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940414257 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by fedcomic View Post
    I also got a note saying my autographed books are shipping. Sweet!
    Two days after getting the shipping notification, I found the books sitting on my doorstep. Awesome!

2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mine comes from [email protected] and the problem seems to be "Postal Code isn't specified"
    The abilities of the Force: Control, Alter, Delete.
    Zombie Apocalypse if and only if Cake.
    My Little Dashie made me cry.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

3. - Top - End - #933
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Got my $29 package in the mail the other day. Did find it odd that I got the notification a few days before the shipping date listed in said notification, but eh..
    Fantastic stuff! :D
    "Everybody's got a price." - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase

4. - Top - End - #934
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jsuarezcasana View Post
    No, it came from [email protected],
    so I guess I'm good

Thanks for the tip
    j/
    Maybe. USPS is the postal service that's delivering your package, so it could be legit -- you should probably contact USPS directly and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ref View Post
    Mine comes from [email protected] and the problem seems to be "Postal Code isn't specified"
    Yeah, I've had that spam before.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    Maybe. USPS is the postal service that's delivering your package, so it could be legit -- you should probably contact USPS directly and ask.
    He says his address is in Australia, so there's no way USPS is delivering the package. Anyway, that is definitely scam/spam, the USPS would never refer to "our company's courier" delivering something in a foreign country. Plus, we know they mailed all packages for this drive with Priority Mail and that e-mail says Express Mail, which is a different class of service and would have been incredibly expensive to ship to Australia.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Orc in the Playground

Haven't seen this mentioned in this thread yet: "2 DAYS AGO" in a Kickstarter comment, Rich said, "I think I might be sending some of the domestic autographed packages with Sticky Shticks out with I.O.U's in them, just to get as many books out of my living room as possible. It should cost one stamp to mail Sticky Shticks by itself to a US address when it's done, after all. 200 stamps is worth being able to actually walk across my home, especially since right now, the books are crowding out my drawing table (preventing me from starting the crayon drawings)."

Good news for those of us in the USA who pledged for autographed packages with Sticky Shticks!

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Meanwhile, biding my time for the whole story (unsigned)... all this excitement is getting to me! I long to get my hands on the non-online material for the first time!

(And the coloring books... got the box of 64 ready and waiting... )
    Suspiciously normal.
    I'm from the Government. We're here to help!
    2nd Age Elven Warrior by Vrythas. Elves are not pansies!

8. - Top - End - #938

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    He says his address is in Australia, so there's no way USPS is delivering the package.
    USPS is delivering the package: "Most packages mailed to United States addresses will be sent via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day service), while packages leaving the country will get USPS Priority Mail International(listed as 6-10 days, but leave time for your country's customs process)."

The Express Mail is a fair point (I didn't go back and look at the text), however, I still find it strange that he's getting an email from usps.com given that that is the actual USPS website. It can't possibly hurt to contact USPS and make sure.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Dwarf in the Playground

USPS is delivering the package: "Most packages mailed to United States addresses will be sent via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day service), while packages leaving the country will get USPS Priority Mail International(listed as 6-10 days, but leave time for your country's customs process)."

The Express Mail is a fair point (I didn't go back and look at the text), however, I still find it strange that he's getting an email from usps.com given that that is the actual USPS website. It can't possibly hurt to contact USPS and make sure.
    Sorry, I should have been more clear: It was shipped with USPS, but the company actually delivering the package to this person's house is not USPS. It will be some local package delivery service or the Australian postal service or something. USPS does not have employees delivering Priority Mail packages abroad, they hand it off to someone local. Therefore they would not write and say "our company courier..." etc. and the package would not be brought all the way back to San Jose, either. The e-mail address it's from is spoofed. I get stuff like this all the time that pretends to be Fedex/UPS/USPS. It is all fake. Google "Our company’s courier couldn’t deliver your parcel" and all you get is people talking about this virus they got in their e-mail. That is not a phrase used by actual USPS e-mails.

It won't hurt anyone to contact USPS, sure, but they are probably already flooded with people asking about the fake e-mails.

10. - Top - End - #940

MindFlayer

It's very easy to spoof a from: address.

11. - Top - End - #941

After hearing about all these signed books going out, I'm seriously concerned. My package was unsigned and only one book and a magnet. Can anybody give me a better answer than "Canada's postal service is crappy", or are there more people in my situation?
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

12. - Top - End - #942

Your book is coming from Ookoodook, where they have a lot more orders to pack and send than Rich does. So they may not even have sent yours out the door yet. (Did you get a shipping email?)
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

13. - Top - End - #943

RogueGuy

Where is the email sent from anyway? Ookoodook or USPS?
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Halfling in the Playground

Just got my second packages signed xps sod and ncftpb.

Just so much awesome. I love the doodles with the sigs especially the one of V.

Just becareful that with all the signing and doodling that you dont strain your wrist!
    All human evil comes from a single cause, man's inability to sit still in a room.
    -Blaise Pascal

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
    -Martin luther king

15. - Top - End - #945
    Pixie in the Playground

biggrin Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

I got my signed War and XPs yesterday and was so happy I let out a cheer which frightened my (small) children. I showed off the little picture of RedCloak with the sig to my wife -- it's so cool. I have the Giant's autograph with a picture of RedCloak. I also got a signed DStP with a picture of Elan. So, so awesome.

Thanks, Rich!

16. - Top - End - #946
    Barbarian in the Playground

EEEEEEE! My signed package unexpectedly came in the mail! I now own a signed OtOoPCs (with a picture of Belkar) and a signed WaXPs (with a picture of Thog). Plus two coloring books and the stickers and the pad and the patch and the magnet and an IOU reminding me that Rich needs living space like any other human!

And this is the best coloring book ever, you guys. Seriously. Even the answers page is entertaining.
    Last edited by Whiffet; 2012-06-08 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Left out a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Just got my package in! Wasn't even expecting it to have shipped just yet.

Got my whole signed set of all the books, the physical goods (man those stickers look awesome), and I got a couple coloring books that I can send to my young cousins. Now I just have the game to wait for, once the schticky sticks are done, and the ornaments that are probably still on their way over.

I have a lot of reading to go do tonight. And excuses to make up to put stickers everywhere.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

Congratulations to all the people that got their stuff.

I actually messaged Mr. Burlew today about amending my order, since I got the card game this week for my birthday (a belated gift). I asked him to put in a shticks expansion set, which I did not order at first (because I never expected to actually own the game, given the costs and how I live far from America). It is an awesome game, by the way. Even my very non-gaming girlfriend enjoyed it and chuckled many a time while reading the introduction comic.

I donated more than enough to cover for it, but I hope this change can still be made. I pledged for a 'whole story' package, so I have good hope my package has not been processed yet. That would be awesome: The game, the expansion, all the strip albums* and all the bonus swag (and an extra colouring book )!

*hmmm, I guess many of you would call it a comic .
    Last edited by Autopsibiofeeder; 2012-06-08 at 06:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Dwarf in the Playground

I feel like a tool because I think I missed something.

I got/ordered/backed the un-signed War and XPs one (see below)

"Pledge $45 or more
    You Selected
    309 Backers

One newly printed copy of War and XPs, the third book in the Order of the Stick series, plus the Roy Greenhilt magnet, shipped anywhere in the United States."

And I haven't gotten any info yet on shipping. Should I have by now? I don't want to ask Ook or Rich because I know they are busy and I don't want to bother them with a Q that someone can help me with here.

20. - Top - End - #950

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaOOTSFan View Post

"Pledge $45 or more
    You Selected
    309 Backers

One newly printed copy of War and XPs, the third book in the Order of the Stick series, plus the Roy Greenhilt magnet, shipped anywhere in the United States."

And I haven't gotten any info yet on shipping. Should I have by now? I don't want to ask Ook or Rich because I know they are busy and I don't want to bother them with a Q that someone can help me with here.
    Wait. Don't send a message unless you still have nothing by the time Rich tells us they're done with those packages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

21. - Top - End - #951

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaOOTSFan View Post

"Pledge $45 or more
    You Selected
    309 Backers

Okay, I got a reply from Rich when I was having my mini heart attacks on here, and it benefits the both of us.

Everybody is getting their signed books right now because Rich is personally sending them out; the unsigned books are being done through Ook.

I had originally thought that the unsigned would go out and then they would ship the signed ones through Ook as well, but all of the shipping is happening at the same time. So, the ones that Rich is doing himself are arriving more quickly, whereas the Ook ones are going to be a little longer.

I have diagnosed anxiety and no meds right now, so naturally my train of thought the other day was, "oh god everybody is getting their books why isn't mine here yet mine isn't even signed maybe somebody else got it like the person who got two rewards in the mail and it's never going to come and nobody is going to care and I'll never have the book and the magnet and oh god oh god oh god" etc.
    The poster formerly known as Riyoukaze.
    I am agile, like orange.
    onthetown

22. - Top - End - #952
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you both Whiffet and onthetown - makes sense.

I will end the heart attack now.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thank you both Whiffet and onthetown - makes sense.

I will end the heart attack now.

24. - Top - End - #954

Heart attack ending in three, two, *bzzzt* [/GLaDOS] hehehe.

I'm calm, I have to wait for the expansion, and I'm in Europe. So I know it will take a while. :)
    The abilities of the Force: Control, Alter, Delete.
    Zombie Apocalypse if and only if Cake.
    My Little Dashie made me cry.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

25. - Top - End - #955
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just got my signed books and I couldn't be happier. I have No Cure signed with a Belkar figure drawn all smiling and the signed SSaDT with an annoyed Roy

The coloring books are fantastic! I admit I had to look at the back of the book to solve the maze. Oh my favorite part is
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thog got a puppy!

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Do we have any estimate on how long it might take for all the unsigned packages to be sent out? I'm prepared to wait, but I'd like to know how long the wait might be.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Do we have any estimate on how long it might take for all the unsigned packages to be sent out? I'm prepared to wait, but I'd like to know how long the wait might be.
    Depends if you got the expansion of the game in your order, if your in America and off course how fast Okoodokook works.

So no, but if you do not have the game expansion it should be quite soon. If they really do 300 a day that is, if you have the expansion, according to me the first packages would be somewhere end of june.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

28. - Top - End - #958

I got the $67 dollar package and still nothing has been sent yet. When should I worry?

29. - Top - End - #959

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel Edden View Post
    I got the $67 dollar package and still nothing has been sent yet. When should I worry?
    Same boat. I know everyone's working hard on this and there's a lot to be done, but I figured I could chime in now or wait a couple weeks and ask them.

I also sometimes have problems getting packages shipped to my apartment, so I also want to make sure I didn't just miss it or something.

30. - Top - End - #960

Judging by the reports from those who have received e-mails or packages, Ookoodook by now has sent bookless packages ($24, $25, $32, $55 pledge levels), $29 SoD and $35 SSaDT packages. Seems like they are generally proceeding in order, but not exactly (still no word about $26 OtOoPCs package). And there is still a lot of intermediate levels between this and $67. So there's no reason to get anxious until people start mentioning receiving e-mails or packages of your level.
    Also bear in mind that signed and unsigned packages are sent by different people, so receiving signed packages gives no new info on Ookoodook's progress.
    Hopefully Rich will give more solid information on this in the next update.
    Last edited by Savil; 2012-06-10 at 12:26 PM.