New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 419202122232425262728293031323334353637383954 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

Quote Originally Posted by Zombimode View Post
    Wrong size. While OotS-goblins are medium sized, the one in the mini-file conform to D&D-standard of small sized goblins. And there are smaller differences in style between those two races as well.
    They're midget deformed hobgoblins, then.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Two regular goblins stacked on top of one another = hobgoblin?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Pixie in the Playground

frown Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

I'm so sad :(

Every time I see a Kickstarted update, I die a little more inside.

I heard aobut the kickstarter, and desperatly wanted to contribute; I wanted the free stuff of course, but I also wanted to help Rich and his wonderful francise out by chipping in.

So, I began saving money. Then, a water bill came. So I paid it with the kickstarter money. Then, I saved some more. And more. Then, I had to spend it again.

Then, I finally have money together to make a good contribution! Then I realize the drive is finished :(

I'm just going to have to buy the books when they get put on the store instead, but still :( I wish I could've contributed. Why did I have to get paid an entire month late! WHY?!

So, anyway, that's my sad tale.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SamEskenazi View Post

I heard aobut the kickstarter, and desperatly wanted to contribute; I wanted the free stuff of course, but I also wanted to help Rich and his wonderful francise out by chipping in.

So, I began saving money. Then, a water bill came. So I paid it with the kickstarter money. Then, I saved some more. And more. Then, I had to spend it again.

Then, I finally have money together to make a good contribution! Then I realize the drive is finished :(

I'm just going to have to buy the books when they get put on the store instead, but still :( I wish I could've contributed. Why did I have to get paid an entire month late! WHY?!

I hope there will be the possibility for people, who were unable to contribute through Kickstarter, to get some of the rewards (especially the PDFs)
    Last edited by ChristianSt; 2013-05-17 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Edited to add singature

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Two regular goblins stacked on top of one another = hobgoblin?
    Or two goblins playing Diablo II...

Spoiler
    Show
    For those that haven't played the game, there is a group pf pigmy races that appear to have giant (or, more accurately human-sized) shamans - Until you realise that the shaman is standing on the shoulders of another pigmy.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

6. - Top - End - #846
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

In the future, keep in mind that you don't have to pay at the time you pledge. You are only charged at the end of the project, and if you used a credit card you gave yourself another few weeks to drum up the money.

Also, the digital content is available to all backers, so even a $10 contribution would have gotten you all that. You could have used the $10 pledge as a placeholder, and come back and raise it later if and when you find the cash.

Oh well, hindsight.
    Last edited by Smolder; 2012-05-18 at 08:22 AM.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure 10 bucks might not be much, but i think there could be still enough that were not able to contribute to Kickstarter for other reasons:

• Credit card shenanigans (Pledges from 61 backers dropped after the Kickstarter closed!)
    • "Living under a rock" - there are more than enough reasons peoples are not able to check to the internet for a month [or if able, they can't "waste" the time to check for webcomic]
    • New fans - hey, we all know OotS is awesome, but i think that from time to time new people discover OotS
    Last edited by ChristianSt; 2013-05-17 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Edited to add singature

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

8. - Top - End - #848
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Zombimode View Post
    Wrong size. While OotS-goblins are medium sized, the one in the mini-file conform to D&D-standard of small sized goblins. And there are smaller differences in style between those two races as well.
    True, but Small and Medium creatures take up the same space on the map, so as long as you remember that they're Medium despite appearances, it should work.

Alternatively you can draw (or get someone to draw for you) your own hobbos. Yeah, it doesn't have that official drawn-by-Rich-Burlew-himself je ne sais quoi, but that kind of thing is what the Draw Your Own sheets are for.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    • New fans - hey, we all know OotS is awesome, but i think that from time to time new people discover OotS
    As one of the people who fall under this catagory, I can assure it is equally as frusterating. Unless they besome available by some other format (say purchasing at Ookoodook either in printable or downloadable form) then I guess that is that, unfortunatly.
    78% of all DM's start their first campaign in a tavern. If you're among the 22% who didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us where you DID begin.The players were attacked individually on the road on the way to town by werewolves. To survive, they had to team up then and there without knowing anything about eachother (literally -- all character sheets were completed without other players' knowledge).

10. - Top - End - #850
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: in all likelihood, almost everything from the KS Drive will become available to all. In time.

We just got the first look-see.

It might take a while to trickle down, but it will. And, hey: think of all the extra stuff Rich will be able to fund off the back of it? It's a win-win.

Think of us as the guinea-pigs. We're here to look for typos and printing errors before you get your hands on the pristine version.
    Last edited by Euodiachloris; 2012-05-18 at 01:41 PM.
    '~:. F5 Camper With Muscle-Memory Issues .:~'

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

From one of the KickStarter announcements:

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Now, in an attempt to get one of the most frequently asked questions out of the way: if you missed the pledge drive deadline, no, you can't pledge now. I'm sorry about that, but I don't have the means to take your pledge and include it in the Kickstarter system—and even if I could, I'm not sure it would be fair to the people who may have struggled to get their pledge in on time.

All of the books will be available on Ookoodook once they are reprinted, so you can still order them then. If you're desperate for the swag, we will be putting whatever we have leftover once we fulfill all the orders up on Ookoodook, so keep an eye out for any leftover stickers, notepads, and coloring books over the summer. But the patches are not going to be available to non-backers at all; we may have a way for backers to buy extras if we have any left over, but that's it.

As far as the PDF stories, I'm sure most of them will be available in print at some point, even if they are spread out over a few different books.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

12. - Top - End - #852
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

If anyone gets one of the misprinted coloring books, message me on Kickstarter and I'll add you to the list. So far we have about a dozen reports, and a lot more than that have gotten them with no problems, so it seems to be a fluke. We've now instructed the packers to double-check the coloring books as they're inserted, so it shouldn't be an issue going forward.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

13. - Top - End - #853
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Euodiachloris View Post
    Think of us as the guinea-pigs. We're here to look for typos and printing errors before you get your hands on the pristine version.
    And I would love to see me sell some of the Ork Beserkers or Goblin Beserkers as misprints of the first series for an unbelievable amount of money...

Damn, it only says I may print it, not sell the prints. Well, back to work then.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Euodiachloris View Post
    I've said this before, and I'll say it again: in all likelihood, almost everything from the KS Drive will become available to all. In time.
    Except that past history says otherwise. Rich has never re-released any of the magnets that were convention and pre-order bonuses. (except in this drive, which was just what he had leftover.)

He's even stated that he doesn't re-release exclusives to avoid diminishing the accomplishment of people who got the first ones.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hmmmm: I don't remember saying everything would likely be. But, that almost everything. For good reason.

The important stuff like the pdfs and the colouring book are a shoo-in. And, considering how the minis are going down... well... <shrugs>

16. - Top - End - #856
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by NerfTW View Post
    He's even stated that he doesn't re-release exclusives to avoid diminishing the accomplishment of people who got the first ones.
    The difference being, he's never said any of the things in this reprint drive are exclusive to it (apart from the patches). Plus, ThePhantasm's reposted comment from the Giant above pretty much confirms that the PDF material will eventually make its way to print, whether that's as bonus material in other books or as the mythical "Book K".

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd say it's best to assume that nothing from the Kickstarter drive will be available to non-backers. That way, if something does become available, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

18. - Top - End - #858
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGirl

{Scrubbed}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2012-05-19 at 11:03 AM.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Dwarf in the Playground

I employed my regular players to help put all the minis together:

detail: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...son_detail.jpg
    Only four (Roy Greenhilt, an elf druid, a ranger and the warforged ranger) are missing, every single other one (including those from the legion sheets) is there. Impressive collection, innit?
    And to think that'll actually be only a fourth of the total once Mr. Burlew gets around to making the other four seasons...
    Last edited by SillySymphonies; 2012-05-19 at 05:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

^ Wow: it's amazing to see them all together like that!

And, just how much did you have to restrain your group from immediately jumping into a game?

21. - Top - End - #861

Quote Originally Posted by SillySymphonies View Post
    I employed my regular players to help put all the minis together:
    That is so cool
    Last edited by fergo; 2012-05-19 at 07:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Question Re: The Post-Kickstarter Discussion Thread: Bask in the Afterglow

So I do have just one question about shipping now that it's getting into gear. Apparently my reward package now has all component parts available, with the reprints finished and the notepads rescued from incompetent printers. And I'm stuck over here in the antipodes, and even $43 worth of shipping can't get things to me much faster than a week and a half.

So do we get notified of shipping when it happens, is there tracking, and how long should we wait without having been told our box has shipped before bothering someone about it?

23. - Top - End - #863
    Orc in the Playground

If anyone hasn't seen the picture of a notepad, Rich tweeted it: http://www.giantitp.com/Images/gitpkick/Notepad.png

24. - Top - End - #864

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gamera View Post
    If anyone hasn't seen the picture of a notepad, Rich tweeted it: http://www.giantitp.com/Images/gitpkick/Notepad.png
    Awesome

25. - Top - End - #865
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NerfTW View Post
    Rich has never re-released any of the magnets that were convention and pre-order bonuses. (except in this drive, which was just what he had leftover.)
    Which is the reason why my tiny collector's heart will cry a good deal upon receiving the Roy magnet.
    I'm still hoping for something like the Ornaments: a one-time-only, never-again possibility to complete the collection one had no prior chance of starting, even if it's at $25+ per magnet (the average for one magnet per the Kickstarter pledge). I'm not betting on it though.

But hey, patches and notepads and stickers and colouring books and art prints and digital rewards!

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by qmanol View Post
    So I do have just one question about shipping now that it's getting into gear. Apparently my reward package now has all component parts available, with the reprints finished and the notepads rescued from incompetent printers. And I'm stuck over here in the antipodes, and even $43 worth of shipping can't get things to me much faster than a week and a half.

So do we get notified of shipping when it happens, is there tracking, and how long should we wait without having been told our box has shipped before bothering someone about it?
    I second this question.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by honigmuffin View Post
    I'm still hoping for something like the Ornaments: a one-time-only, never-again possibility to complete the collection one had no prior chance of starting
    He offered that...the $100 pledge level on Kickstarter would get you all the limited edition magnets. It was a *very* limited offer, though--just 10 were available, which suggests that the Giant simply doesn't have many of those older magnets left!

28. - Top - End - #868
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Any chance of making the pdf of the mini's available (for purchase) to those who missed out on the Kickstarter?

29. - Top - End - #869
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qmanol View Post

I can't speak to your particular Antipodal situation, but as a U.S. resident, I got an email from [email protected] last Thursday saying my shipment (which included no books or signed items) had been mailed. It included a United States Postal Service Priority tracking number, and a link to their tracking site.
    Last edited by allenw; 2012-05-21 at 09:57 AM.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by allenw View Post
    I can't speak to your particular Antipodal situation, but as a U.S. resident, I got an email from [email protected] last Thursday saying my shipment (which included no books or signed items) had been mailed. It included a United States Postal Service Priority tracking number, and a link to their tracking site.
    I can't tell you how impressed I am by this kind of Kickstarter fulfillment compared to the other Kickstarters I've funded. The five others:

1. Received, late, with no shipping notice
    2. Due in January 2012, have received nothing, does not answer mail
    3. Received, late, with no shipping notice
    4. Have received digital rewards, but no physical rewards, which were due in January 2012
    5. Due in April 2012, have received nothing, and the "pre-order" reward I selected is now available to purchase on Amazon for $6 cheaper

With that kind of track record I think we should be feeling pretty good about the progress made so far for OOTS