New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default What time is it? (Adventure Time Season Whatever now)

The premiere is tonight and I'm excited. I'm also interested in the direction the show'll take since the season 2 finale. Should be interesting.
    Last edited by Dr.Epic; 2013-03-23 at 05:45 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: What time is it? (Adventure Time Season 3)

You know what would be a twist? If they disregarded the end of the previous season and they just shrugs it with, "eh, a wizard did it."
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

3. - Top - End - #3

Well, about the end of the last season
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well a wizard did do it. Most of the ITs in that ending were done via wizard
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

I'm upset that it was only 15 minutes rather than a half hour *hrmpf*

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dvandemon View Post
    I'm upset that it was only 15 minutes rather than a half hour *hrmpf*
    But every episode is 15 minutes.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

So there seems to be quite a bit of Kings in this season. Fight King is my favorite. Marceline's boyfriend Ash, at least in his disguise makes me think of the Exiles from Homestuck

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

So there seems to be quite a bit of Kings in this season. Fight King is my favorite. Marceline's boyfriend Ash, at least in his disguise makes me think of the Exiles from Homestuck
    I'm really disappointed he didn't turn out to be Ash from Evil Dead. Bruce Campbell in Adventure Time: Hell Yeah!!!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

I want to see the Vampire King.

But I think he's dead. As in, re-dead.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

After seeing this clip, I'm really looking forward to the Fionna/Cake episode. If Adventure Time does ever get canceled, they can just re-pitch it as with female main characters. I am really not looking forward to Jake's gender swapped character. I think it's the voice. I'm a huge fan of Bender from Futurama so I love the fact his voice actor is Jake, and who ever they got for Cake just doesn't sound like Jake's female version.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Adventure Time is excellent.

Most upbeat post apocalyptic Earth I can think of.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Most upbeat post apocalyptic Earth I can think of.
    I have to confess, I didn't realize the show was post apocalyptic until I read the TV tropes page. I never thought to think all this high-tech stuff and nuclear waste had a purpose. I thought it was just random stuff thrown into the background. I mean, there are anthropomorphic candy people. Should I over-think this stuff?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    I have to confess, I didn't realize the show was post apocalyptic until I read the TV tropes page. I never thought to think all this high-tech stuff and nuclear waste had a purpose. I thought it was just random stuff thrown into the background. I mean, there are anthropomorphic candy people. Should I over-think this stuff?
    Mushroom war.

And I'm not saying to overthink it, but Adventure Time has a lot more subtext than most kids shows.

And more character development. It's interesting.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Mushroom war.
    In this setting, there could be mushroom people. It can be interpreted many ways.

And I'm not saying to overthink it, but Adventure Time has a lot more subtext than most kids shows.
    Yeah, but still, there is some dark comedy in the series so I just thought "Eh, nuclear waste, whatever." Take the balloons in one episode who exclaim joy when they learn they can finally float up to the stratosphere and die. Explain that.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Uh... it's hell being a balloon? Seriously think about it, you can't really control where you go in a moderate wind, you have no way of interacting with anything, your only purpose is to float and be towed around places, you can pretty die anywhere outside a house. I'd be a little suicidal if I were sentient in that situation.

Also, the Mushroom War also involved the return of magic, so there's that.

Dr. Epic, you should find a nice piece of fanart to top this strip.

15. - Top - End - #15

Post Apocalypse Earth = Adventure Time is one of those 'And now I cannot unsee it'. There's ruins of modern cities in a lot of places. But everything's so happy about it.

Personal theory is that Ooo shares a border with Equestria.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I think Ooo is just Fantasia from the Neverending Story. After the third movie, I think people just stopped caring and the writers realized no matter how stupid they make it, it can't get worse than this.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Post Apocalypse Earth = Adventure Time is one of those 'And now I cannot unsee it'. There's ruins of modern cities in a lot of places. But everything's so happy about it.

I think that Pen also said no one realizes it. But even if they did, what's there to be sad about? There's evil but there's heroes too, and we can tell that Ooo is pretty awesome even with all the monsters.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

I think that Pen also said no one realizes it. But even if they did, what's there to be sad about? There's evil but there's heroes too, and we can tell that Ooo is pretty awesome even with all the monsters.
    Yeah.

Mushroom war was bad, but hey. No one was left who could remember how it had happened, at least, no-one who would do anything.
    Or so Dr. Wily believed.
    Marceline, some business men in ice. Maybe a few others outside the afterlife and the nightosphere. But it's been a long time since, long enough for baseline humanity to nearly go extinct, wars to be fought, and a lot of other stuff went down.

The present is pretty sweet. There's a cure for death.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

WHAT!?!?!? They changed PB back into an adult? What was the point of even making her a child then?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I can't be sure, but I think it had something to do with the voice actresses. The original voice actress wanted to quit, so they planned to change PB and get a new voice actress. But the the original VA signed back on, so here we are. Or at least I think that might be it. At least it makes sense.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

And even if it wasn't for any VA issues, it still did have an in-show purpose. The entire thing showed Finn that it could work. Now that she's five years older than him again, it won't be easy, but he has to be persistant. He might have to defeat a demon lord and warp through several worlds. But once he does, he can walk up the wizard stairs and produce his magic key he got in the water world and unlock the chamber door. Then he can walk up to the princess and give her a smooch.

I kinda felt sorry for Pepperint Butler this whole episode... Spice in the eye, licked by Lemongrab... He just couldn't get a break this episode...
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2011-08-10 at 12:32 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    I kinda felt sorry for Pepperint Butler this whole episode... Spice in the eye, licked by Lemongrab... He just couldn't get a break this episode...
    I don't feel sorry for him. Guy wants Finn and Jake's flesh, probably killed some guy, knows how to travel to the underworld, and is friends with death. Guy is more disturbing that a cultist from an H.P. Lovecraft story.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

But he's also adorable! He's one of my favorite characters. Sure, he may not get as much spotlight as many of the others, but he's still awesome.

And he was entitled to eat their flesh! They had a deal!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

But he's also adorable! He's one of my favorite characters. Sure, he may not get as much spotlight as many of the others, but he's still awesome.
    I never said he wasn't awesome. He's one of my favorite characters. I just can't feel sorry for a character that wants other people's flesh.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

I will admit that I have missed the new season of AT so far, though the fact that this has appeared, fills me with joy...
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

Wait, does this mean if Princess Bubblegum gets cut in half, there could be two 13 year old princesses walking around? Finn could potentially be dating twins! All he has to do is brutally massacre the love of his life.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, it would be two nine year old PBs if she was cut perfectly in half and they didn't put her back together.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

So I just got into this show via a friend's recommendation. Almost done with the first season now. This show is a quality program.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Banned

Nah, it would be two nine year old PBs if she was cut perfectly in half and they didn't put her back together.
    That's why you add a little candy to each of the twins.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

On one hand, the gender swapped episode looks awesome (Grey Delisle!), but if the personalities of the characters change simply due to them now being women/men, someone could cry "unfortunate implications", which I'm not looking forward to.

Additionally I'm mad at myself for missing the new season three episodes. I can't believe myself, I literally have nothing better to do on mondays and I'm missing Adventure Time due to sheer forgetfulness!

Also,

Spoiler
    Show
    why is Prince Gumball eighteen? shouldn't he be, y'know...younger? Or did Fionna not fight the Lich in this universe?
    Last edited by Elrik; 2011-08-12 at 12:58 AM.