New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    If we do do this, we've got to make one rule.

No subplots.

Your characters can be doing different things or aiming for different goals, as long as they all have to do with the war between the resistance and the UNA.

As long as character's don't decide to go do something totally unrelated, we're good. Everyone must be either a member of the resistance, a supporter of the UNA, or someone indebted to either of them feeling it is their duty to repay them. Other ideas will work, as long as they are along these lines.

If you don't like the way the plot's going, make another plot to house your subplot. It will make reading the archive less confusing and more fun.
    How about no subplots that others can 'join'. Because if someone wants to have one of their characters scheming, with his own hidden agenda, he should be able to. It makes plain sense. As long as nobody 'joins' then the person who starts it will have no reason to be 'rushed' to do the next comic.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

I have an idea for my character for the new plot, and I want to know if it'd make me too powerful.

Green-shirt Q builds vehicles for Q to use to help out the team. Complex vehicles with many different uses. Vehicles based on those you are able to build in the latest Banjo-Kazooie game (if anybody here has happened to play it).

Here are some blueprints of vehicles I have already thought up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-12-19 at 10:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    I have an idea for my character for the new plot, and I want to know if it'd make me too powerful.

Green-shirt builds vehicles for Q to use to help out the team. Complex vehicles with many different uses. Vehicles based on those you are able to build in the latest Banjo-Kazooie game (if anybody here has happened to play it).

Spoiler
    Show
    Another is that your characters are too smug/cheerful. Bad things happen in FI, and your characters tend to be too...what's the word...'unflappable'. Or, more correctly, they have been 'flapped', but not changed. Everyone else has been affected in some way by the trouble. Mortals can age, people who age slowly can at least be cynical and stuff, but not either of teh Qs seem capable of this at the moment.
    I'm not trying to argue, but perhaps you should either make the two Qs more 'changed' or whatever, or try a different character who isn't that Poke-Mon.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Another is that your characters are too smug/cheerful. Bad things happen in FI, and your characters tend to be too...what's the word...'unflappable'. Or, more correctly, they have been 'flapped', but not changed. Everyone else has been affected in some way by the trouble. Mortals can age, people who age slowly can at least be cynical and stuff, but not either of teh Qs seem capable of this at the moment.
    I'm not trying to argue, but perhaps you should either make the two Qs more 'changed' or whatever, or try a different character who isn't that Poke-Mon.
    You are just making that assumption. How do you know they are unchanged? I haven't featured them in a comic yet.

They are changed. You shall see that.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-12-19 at 10:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

Right, i'm away for the weekend, but when I get back i'll work extra hard during the christmas holiday to try and speed up the Fat Fish Fury plot as much as possible. Hopefully giving it a good ending before everybody gets too sick of it.

I'll also start designing a FI character as well. Nothing major, probably just some person who shows up every 50-100 comics to annoy/advise the main group/character or something. You know, so it'll fit in better with my super busy real life schedule.

Peace out, i'll see you on Monday.

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post

Green-shirt Q builds vehicles for Q to use to help out the team. Complex vehicles with many different uses. Vehicles based on those you are able to build in the latest Banjo-Kazooie game (if anybody here has happened to play it).

Spoiler
    Show
    The resistance is meant to be struggling. Having a variety of wacky vehicles seems to go against this.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Salmon View Post
    Right, i'm away for the weekend, but when I get back i'll work extra hard during the christmas holiday to try and speed up the Fat Fish Fury plot as much as possible. Hopefully giving it a good ending before everybody gets too sick of it.

I'll also start designing a FI character as well. Nothing major, probably just some person who shows up every 50-100 comics to annoy/advise the main group/character or something. You know, so it'll fit in better with my super busy real life schedule.

Peace out, i'll see you on Monday.
    If you want you can kill my character. I don't care much for him.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    The resistance is meant to be struggling. Having a variety of wacky vehicles seems to go against this.
    Agleed.
    Let's see, should the Vendetta have survived, or perhaps it was destroyed and part of it (Central Engineering) was either moved into the citadel, or into a second ship (The Vendetta II)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #129
    Firbolg in the Playground

This will be shown in my backstory story comic, in comic. But for y'all now, here is the crazy wacky family tree of Oliver.

Spoiler
    Show

His relationships are from the planar voyage. Oliver spends 5-15 or more years in each plane, so he has had time to settle down many times. The exception is Arborea, which he spent a week in. Stupid Trees. Lily and Arthur are his only two children. In FI Arthur's wife died protecting a forest against deforestation by the UNA. Antoine lives in the capital city, pretty much assimilated into the beliefs of the UNA. Jakob is in the resistance, while Lily is in Baator Carceri, living with Elizabeth. Arthur is on a planar voyage himself, following in his father's footsteps. Kella is living with her husband, an astral deva.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-12-19 at 11:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Agleed.
    Let's see, should the Vendetta have survived, or perhaps it was destroyed and part of it (Central Engineering) was either moved into the citadel, or into a second ship (The Vendetta II)
    The Resistance shouldn't have the Vendetta. It's too powerful. So Central Engineering must have been moved somewhere else. Moving to the Citadel would cause conflict problems with the Seen Servants, so.... how about we just put it in a random warehouse?
    The Vendetta should probably be destroyed in FFF. It doesn't fit the style for UNA tech, but may be in storage somewhere.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I gess you're right. It was fun to draw the vehicles, but I guess it just won't work.

On another note, is there going to be a HQ for the resistance? A base where everybody lives? I'm just curious.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    ...while Lily is in Baator, living with Elizabeth.
    Wha...buh...demon!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Lily is in Baator, living with Elizabeth.
    ...But, they're Succubi. Devils hate Demons even more than, well, everything, last I checked.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Wha...buh...demon!
    Woops, baator is the devil place. They don't live in the Abyss however, they live in Carceri.

*Edits to avoid future NERD RAGE!*

@V While I like 4E, no. Although Succubi seemed more lawful to me anyways. Corrupting and seducing an innocent person to serve you and give you power. I don't see them as women with bat wings flying around randomly sleeping with anything with a humanoid anatomy.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-12-19 at 11:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Perhaps 15 years in the future Avbaroy converts to 4e?

Apparently succubi are devils now.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    How about no subplots that others can 'join'. Because if someone wants to have one of their characters scheming, with his own hidden agenda, he should be able to. It makes plain sense. As long as nobody 'joins' then the person who starts it will have no reason to be 'rushed' to do the next comic.
    You know, I'm going to have to second this motion. If there is a "no subplots" rule, then my crystal d4 will not be able to pursue the other two tetrahedral shards of the d20.

EDIT: Oh, and I vote to scrap FFF in favor of Future Imperfect. I feel overwhelmed by the sheer bulk of plot hooks and subplots that have overpopulated Fat Fish Fury. Also, reading back through the archive, it seems to have lost focus.
    Last edited by evil_d4_swarm; 2008-12-19 at 11:29 PM.
    "That last nob is mocking me! He's like "Hey, you want this killpoint? Do ya?'"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Perhaps 15 years in the future Avbaroy converts to 4e?
    That's just crazy talk and you know it.

EDIT: @V Call 'em Relay Dettas then.
    Last edited by Keris; 2008-12-19 at 11:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The Resistance shouldn't have the Vendetta. It's too powerful. So Central Engineering must have been moved somewhere else. Moving to the Citadel would cause conflict problems with the Seen Servants, so.... how about we just put it in a random warehouse?
    The Vendetta should probably be destroyed in FFF. It doesn't fit the style for UNA tech, but may be in storage somewhere.
    Lets see, he should have his Manufacturing bays, so he can make gear and detta's out of scalvenged materials, However, they arn't at their full functionality, mostly they are just spots where Repair Detta's assemble stuff.

Also, I'm adding somthing. Projector Detta's act as signal Amplifiers, allowing Ven to control Detta's far outside his origional range.

@^ I think I will.

Ven has a network of hidden Signal Relay stations positioned throughout the world, basicallly the stuff that's inside the Relay Dettas, but without the Detta-stuff. Because Ven is constantly monitoring these relay points, they are very hard to tap into without his knowing, so they serve as a communications system for Resistance cells.
    Finding these "Ven-Stations" is always a goal of the UNoA, however they are often very well hidden.
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-12-19 at 11:36 PM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #139

Idea: The central hub and backups of the ven stations are in the vendetta, however the vendetta crashes and sunk into the sea. The UNA has tried finding the "central hub", but they haven't searched underwater.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Idea: The central hub and backups of the ven stations are in the vendetta, however the vendetta crashes and sunk into the sea. The UNA has tried finding the "central hub", but they haven't searched underwater.
    Ooh, yeah. A pair of permenant teleportation circles set up by Lying provide transport between the Vendetta and the Citadel.
    [/Center]

21. - Top - End - #141

Actually, an underwater super secret lair doesn't fit with the whole FI mindset. Perhaps FI begins with the UNA attacking the Vendetta underwater and the gang escaping?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Actually, an underwater super secret lair doesn't fit with the whole FI mindset. Perhaps FI begins with the UNA attacking the Vendetta underwater and the gang escaping?
    I think it does. It's not like the Vendetta can move.

Perhaps the "Central Engineering" portion (Inc Dettaburger) is capable of detatching from the rest of the structure, and is currently hiding at the bottom of Mesa Canyon, near the place where the Strembler Expedition found the Pre-Cataclysm technology that led to Schitzotech's scientific revolution.

Edit: OR! They are hiding in

Spoiler
    Show
    Skornbail! Specifically, the parts of it where the Vendetta was origionally designed and built
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-12-20 at 12:02 AM.
    [/Center]

23. - Top - End - #143

Hey guys, here's my character design for FI:

Yeah, I'm joking. Well, sort of. KP won't exactly what you would call "alive" in the dark future of Future Imperfect

What do you guys think?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hey guys, here's my character design for FI:

Yeah, I'm joking. Well, sort of. KP won't exactly what you would call "alive" in the dark future of Future Imperfect

What do you guys think?
    Needs more BRAIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-12-20 at 12:03 AM.
    [/Center]

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

What do you guys think?
    Lacks a certain vitality.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aah, my internet finally agrees to work again... I am baack!

And about scrapping FFF: I agree with TnD, we sshould be at least given some time to wrap up the buisness at Vendetta and have bit of climatic battle between goodies and baddies and all that whatnot. I have comic almost done, and after that you, TnD, can get us moved on from the bridge to confront the good guys. That can be bad idea, but I would like to hear opinions of people about the matter.

About FI, I would have no arguments against scrapping FFF, as long as subplots can be drawn to close in FFF before moving on. My character would evolve a bit to meet the requirements of new plot, maybe hood would go at last. I vote yes.
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2008-12-20 at 12:07 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Kpenguin, you could be the twin children of Kpenguin, Mpenguin and Npenguin!

That, or one is Lpenguin's kid... I really don't know how the Letterpenguin family goes about naming their kids.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

28. - Top - End - #148

They also use numbers and colors.

One pack of siblings was named Onepenguin, Twopenguin, Redpenguin, Bluepenguin.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2008-12-20 at 12:41 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149

Never... Again...

The resistance, as said, includes Schizotec and Alphantica. How's about after the grays allied with the Schizo, they had to evacuate, using the vendetta, to Schizo. Gray extremist groups, claiming that the UNA was the way of the future, sabotaged the vendetta. On its way to Shizo, it began spiraling out of control. By using the escape boats, most of the citizens escaped the vendetta, but the ship sank to the bottom of the sea. Now the grays live mostly in Schizotec and Alphantica, with a fair amount in the UNA.

30. - Top - End - #150

is their doctor perchance named seuse?