New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

[Blind Cat's Bluff]

The Ice Elf steps back, brandishing the fiery bit of wood at Reinholdt. "No one was fighting. " But how had he gotten hurt? How had he lost his eye? And the woman... gods, her togue was gone. "What have you done to us?!"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

[Blind Cat's Bluff]

"Wait... wait, what? Me?!"

Reinholdt turns his rifle towards the currently most threatening elf. The Ice Elf. "I didn't do anything. I mean... I did. You were both unconscious and bleeding and stuff when I found you. Hell if I know why. I fixed you as best I could." Reinholdt slowly goes to conjure a notepad and pen from thin air and toss it towards the other elf. That might help. This Ice Elf seemed confused. Hopefully the woman could clear things up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

Above the Entrance to Underside Colony

Magtok raises an eyebrow. "Non-goblin faults? Funny, he always had me under the impression he was the most gobby goblin in the entire Nexus. Never occurred to me that maybe the rest of us were rubbing off on him."

He shakes his head, trying not to think of Dippy inexplicably wearing jeans and a bandana, or walking around with an assault rifle someday.

"Let's see if we can get a closer look at it all then, shall we?"

Fwoosh! The paddleboat dives through the air at the world below, plummeting slowly enough to keep Reelshka and Magtok from falling out of their seats and flying away, and also prevent any sort of terrible whiplash accidents when it comes time to swooping back up again. Magtok might be a psychotic daredevil and a maniac, but he's not going to risking killing her.

...Not on a first date, anyway.
    See, the thing is- Reelshka's answer, which would no doubt have involved futher disparaging of Dipsnig's character and moralty, is cut short by the paddleboat diving and turned into a shiek. Aiiiieeeeeee!
    Needless to say, this sudden movement causes a bit of a stir down on the ground. As far as Magtok and Reelshka can tell from up there, most goblins in the walled-off area are staring at them.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yards Above the Entrance to Underside Colony, But Not Many

Y'know Magtok, if you put seatbelts in this thing, it'd probably allow you to get away with zooming far faster than you are right now. For Reelshka's sake, let's hope you never realize that.

"Mwahahahahaha! My name is Lord Magtok, King of Kings! Look on my paddleboat, ye mighty, and despair!"

Let's hope she understands that you're intentionally being intentionally over-the-top, silly, and absolutely ridiculous with that poetry misquote, too. This dive could very well be symbolic for your chances of ever seeing her again if she winds up taking all of this a little too seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

[Above Underside Colony]

Luckily, Reelshka is a smart lady and managed to get to know Magtok a bit. Also there's really no way for that statement to be taken seriously. So she just laughs and holds on to her hat.
    The goblins on the ground, for their part appear to be fairly enthusiastic about the spectacle. It's not often you see someone perform aerial manuevers with a paddleboat. Granted, goblins rarely see any aerial manuevers at all. A chorus of high-pitched, shrieky cheers and whistles can be heard from the crowd.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-18 at 03:04 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Bugbear in the Playground

Blind Cat's Bluff - Cave

The brown-haired woman manages to catch the book in her left hand, but her right arm still hurts so much and the other implement slips through her fingers and clatters to the floor. She blinks at the notepad, holding it almost as though she had never seen it before, but every few moments her gaze flicks up to the wizard and the Ice Elf. A book. With paper and everything! She had seen High Elves carrying and reading from them when she and her friends had gone to Greenglen to trade, but never had any High Elf let a Wood Elf touch one, let alone read from one. Seeing the book confirmed that the wizard was indeed a High Elf. A very odd High Elf, but they were all odd. But now that she held the book in her hands, she wondered how she was supposed to read from it at all. None of the pages had any writing on them.

Wait. The wizard had tossed her something else as well. Looking down she spots the cylindrical item and leans down to pick it up. How odd. Is it a wand of some kind? If so it was an unusual wand, made of some sort of metal. Maybe it went with the book and would make the writing appear? Worth a try.
    The woman holds the wand awkwardly, directing the pointy end towards the paper. She presses it onto the paper and swipes it across. No words are revealed, but the wand leaves behind a thin trail of black. It was like writing on bark with charcoal. Quickly, the woman understands what the wizard wants of her.

The text she writes in is similar to the Elvish common to the Nexus, but the grammar is quite different and some characters are replaced with others. Was with my frends. We wer ataked by orcs. She writes, fraught with spelling errors. Thy took my frends away. Hurt me. Took my tong and my ers. Going to hurt my frends to. Ned to find them! She writes the last sentence pushing so hard that the wand rips through the paper.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

7. - Top - End - #1177

[At a Nearby Farm]

Brythaern swoops in low over a farm, landing in the woods near the pasture with Molodai clinging to his back. "Listen close, fae," he says, gazing at the livestock in the pasture. "We'll both eat well tonight."
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Halfling in the Playground

At a Nearby Farm

Molodai climbs down, dizzy and windblown. Her eyes take a second to refocus before she makes out the shape of cows in the field.

The fae grins a toothy grin, flexing her talons. "Let's go." She says, starting forward. Hopefully Brythaern will stop her before the farmer spots either of them.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #1179

Above Underside Colony

Well, Magtok had been expecting a bit more screamy panic and terror, but sure, this will work. An enthusiastic, passionate response is still an enthusiastic, passionate response, no matter what sort of emotion it originates from. Probably best not to dwell on any annoyance felt towards these goblins for not disliking and fearing you, for accepting all of this nonsense as readily as Reelshka does.

Well, it looks like things are going a bit better than expected, but we can certainly kick things up a notch. The crowd wants a show, and Mag intends to deliver. He reaches an arm across the paddleboat, attempting to wrap an arm around Reelshka to keep her from getting flung away, before attempting to execute a dizzying corkscrew spin, diving and spinning towards land before abruptly pulling up before they can hit the ground, forcing the paddleboat back up into the air and comfortably parallel with the ground once more.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

10. - Top - End - #1180

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    At a Nearby Farm

Molodai climbs down, dizzy and windblown. Her eyes take a second to refocus before she makes out the shape of cows in the field.

The fae grins a toothy grin, flexing her talons. "Let's go." She says, starting forward. Hopefully Brythaern will stop her before the farmer spots either of them.
    Brythaern pins the fae to the ground before she does anything, calmly placing one large paw over her. "Patience, small one. If you want to eat well tonight, listen to my plan." He waits for her reply.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.

Cypress RP profile

11. - Top - End - #1181

Drychalk Hill- Underground Facility

The tunnel leads down about ten feet, before opening into a large cement bunker, a rectangular, mostly bare room about twenty by thirty feet. There are few furnishings, merely a chair, large lockbox, and an ancient looking computer sitting on the floor. The rest of the space is taken up by two huge devices that look like bronze stills, only with far more gauges, exposed wires, exhaust pipes and other such mechanical devices. They're clearly hybrids of steam-based and electric technology, likely to handle the conversion of etheric mist to energy.

Of course, Ceres is probably much less concerned with the machines than the creatures clinging to them. Tiny, almost starfish like beings with five limbs extending from bulbous, bloated mid-sections, their flesh lightish purple and completely translucent, their stomachs filled with brightly glowing energy sapped from the power lines. They don't look threatening, in fact it's rather difficult to imagine anything less threatening. But there are lots of them. Both devices are almost entirely obscured beneath the sheer number of wisps clinging to them, their transparent bodies allowing Ceres to actually see them sap the energy out of the machines, power coursing down their clutching pseudopods and into their bellies as they feed off the giant capacitors.

Another notable detail is that, of the two batteries, the right one is host to far more wisps, while the parasites clinging to the left one all appear sickly and dying. Presumably this is a result of the left capacitor holding entropy, which is slowly killing the wisps feeding off it.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

Above Underside Colony

Well, Magtok had been expecting a bit more screamy panic and terror, but sure, this will work. An enthusiastic, passionate response is still an enthusiastic, passionate response, no matter what sort of emotion it originates from. Probably best not to dwell on any annoyance felt towards these goblins for not disliking and fearing you, for accepting all of this nonsense as readily as Reelshka does.

Well, it looks like things are going a bit better than expected, but we can certainly kick things up a notch. The crowd wants a show, and Mag intends to deliver. He reaches an arm across the paddleboat, attempting to wrap an arm around Reelshka to keep her from getting flung away, before attempting to execute a dizzying corkscrew spin, diving and spinning towards land before abruptly pulling up before they can hit the ground, forcing the paddleboat back up into the air and comfortably parallel with the ground once more.
    Reelshka shrieks when the paddleboat begins to spin, but it soon turns into a laugh again. You're quite a pilot, Magtok, she says once the boat is parallel to the ground again. I'm impressed.
    The goblins on the ground collecitvely gasp as the paddleboat soars towards the ground and those directly underneath it begin to flee. However, once it's back in the air, the cheers are even louder than before, and some even begin to clap.

13. - Top - End - #1183

Above Underside Colony

Magtok shrugs. "It's nothing anyone else wouldn't have figured out with enough time and lives."

He can steer a paddleboat quite well, but the cyborg isn't quite sure what to do with that hand he'd been using to keep Reelshka from getting flung out. Leave it there? Pull it away and awkwardly apologize? She hasn't said anything about it though, so...

"So s'there anyone else you wanted to show off to, or should I start steering this paddleboat GLoG-ward?"
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #1184

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post

The tunnel leads down about ten feet, before opening into a large cement bunker, a rectangular, mostly bare room about twenty by thirty feet. There are few furnishings, merely a chair, large lockbox, and an ancient looking computer sitting on the floor. The rest of the space is taken up by two huge devices that look like bronze stills, only with far more gauges, exposed wires, exhaust pipes and other such mechanical devices. They're clearly hybrids of steam-based and electric technology, likely to handle the conversion of etheric mist to energy.

Of course, Ceres is probably much less concerned with the machines than the creatures clinging to them. Tiny, almost starfish like beings with five limbs extending from bulbous, bloated mid-sections, their flesh lightish purple and completely translucent, their stomachs filled with brightly glowing energy sapped from the power lines. They don't look threatening, in fact it's rather difficult to imagine anything less threatening. But there are lots of them. Both devices are almost entirely obscured beneath the sheer number of wisps clinging to them, their transparent bodies allowing Ceres to actually see them sap the energy out of the machines, power coursing down their clutching pseudopods and into their bellies as they feed off the giant capacitors.

Another notable detail is that, of the two batteries, the right one is host to far more wisps, while the parasites clinging to the left one all appear sickly and dying. Presumably this is a result of the left capacitor holding entropy, which is slowly killing the wisps feeding off it.
    Drychalk Hill - Underground Facility

Well, while he waits on his guide, Ceres will attempt to pluck one of the wisps off the right cistern, and then one off the left, with telekinesis. He's only using about what a normal human could bring to bear force wise, so he might fail to pry them off.

If he succeeds, he'll study them more closely, trying to see exactly what difference there is between a healthy one and one on the verge of death.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Titan in the Playground

Above Underside Colony

Magtok shrugs. "It's nothing anyone else wouldn't have figured out with enough time and lives."

He can steer a paddleboat quite well, but the cyborg isn't quite sure what to do with that hand he'd been using to keep Reelshka from getting flung out. Leave it there? Pull it away and awkwardly apologize? She hasn't said anything about it though, so...

"So s'there anyone else you wanted to show off to, or should I start steering this paddleboat GLoG-ward?"
    Reelshka doesn't say anything about the arm. She's glad to have something to hold on to during the flight. I think I've show off to enough people for the time being, she says with a slight smile. So unless there's a sight you'd like to see from above, I suppose we ought to head towards GLoG.

16. - Top - End - #1186

Ceres manages to grab two of the wisps and pull them away from the energy wells, dislodging half a dozen others in the process. No sooner do they release their grip on the machinery, however, than they blur, fading as they turn incorporeal until that only the brightly glowing energy in their stomachs can be seen. Needless to say, the two Ceres grabbed likely slip out of his grasp when they turn ghostly, darting through the air with others.

Meanwhile, the masked necromancer finally finishes climbing down the ladder, glancing around the bunker before giving an apathetic shrug. "There ya, hhh, are. Yer "great menace". Do yerself a favor an don't agitate 'em, hhh, too much. If ya do, they all just sneak down the trapdoor an eat the machinery there." He says, beginning to strip off the hazmat suit.

Wait, what trapdoor?

17. - Top - End - #1187

Drychalk Hill - Underground Facility

Ceres has more than a little experience dealing with the incorporeal, so he may be at an advantage here. He quickly attempts to weave a cage of positive energy around the two glowing balls before they can slip away and join the others. It won't trap them, he didn't have the time to create a force-cage or anything else that could hold something ghost-like, but if successful they should latch onto it rather than go back to the capacitors. The cage is literally just positive psionics, and should be an attractive enough power source for them to latch on to.

"Even the most harmless seeming things can terrorize entire continents. I have seen worlds fall to nothing more terrible than the lowly mosquito. I will not make such mistakes with my investments." If Ceres' cage did the trick, he'll levitate it over. Assuming only these two latch onto it it should last a few days before they suck it dry.

"I shall study these, and then destroy them."

Geeze, the normally cheerful brain is really getting into the role here. It's almost as if a major traumatic event happened that he's been repressing with wit and alcohol since then.

And it looks like he completely forgot to ask about the trapdoor.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-11-19 at 07:22 PM.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele]

Spoiler
    Show
    Mine's eyes meet Elezibethele's, if only for a moment. In them Elezibethele might catch sight of a brief flash of sympathy. What horrors did this girl endure that she matured into this woman?

"I do not believe that you have showed me that room as of yet, Mistress."

Trading for snow spiders. Nasty little critters, those! Wonder how Azurelle got her hands on 'em.

-------
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle]

Spoiler
    Show
    Dancing. What a drag. Well, it is a drag being forced to dance at whip-point. The other two slaves will hasten to help Azurelle remove her clothes before withdrawing to their prison (if Azurelle permits for them to do so). Toy will begin to dance! She's a spry and nimble gal, but she is at a major disadvantage, never having danced before. She'll play to Azurelle's baser inclinations, performing a "dance" one indubitably would not be comfortable watching were his/her parents not far removed from his/her life.

-------
    Riv's Hamlet

Warsh notes the blatant experimentation being conducted on the citizens of the town inwardly, though his outer image remains as insipid as is fathomable. Ambling through the town as such, with a chucklehead in tailing him, Warsh will attempt to locate a tavern or other similar lodging and then attempt to brazenly march inside.

This didn't have to be an elaborate ruse. It only had to be viable for an hour or so.

-------
    [Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival]

"I see towers and wood. People waging war on one another within a confined space. I see a room with a high-ceiling that may be an illusion altogether."

Outside? What is this outside? Eericka knows not of this alien word.

19. - Top - End - #1189

[At a Nearby Farm]

Molodai does a little glowering, but ends up waiting for him to speak. She raises her eyebrows expectantly. "Fine."

[Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival]

Percy's little 'lesson' is quickly forgotten in favor of confusion. "Excuse me? Ceiling?" He looks down at Eericka, narrowing his eyes. "That's the sky, Eericka."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-20 at 01:19 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #1190

"Well, hhh, suit yerself, but, ahhh, I wouldn't do that if I was you." The warning comes a little late, as already the wisps are detaching from the power stills and floating through the air towards the prison that's caught their kin. They can sense the life-force composing the cage, pure life-force, a veritable feast. Not like the energy in the machines, not locked up beneath layers of copper and wards, so that they need to struggle just to get their fill.

And, when presented with such an opportunity, the dull witted creatures don't think twice. As a single-minded horde they swarm, dozens upon dozens of incorporeal creatures descending upon the power source Ceres has so kindly provided, trying to grab on and devour the psychic energy. Worse yet, they eat far faster when there isn't any magic wards between them and their food. All in all, unless Ceres manages to somehow prevent the swarm from latching onto the cage he created, it will likely be entirely devoured in a minute, perhaps two.

21. - Top - End - #1191

Drychalk Facility

"Oh lord!" Ceres seems to have a moment of panic, and his powers granted to him by Reverie lash out, trying to find something, anything, to deal with the wave of wisps before the hunk of energy is devoured.

It will latch on to the necromancer's mind if not stopped, and attempt to pull anything he knows about destroying the wisps and recreate it in reality. It is rather unfocused, but still fairly powerful.

In the meantime, Ceres passes his hands over the cage, generating a quick and dirty psionic aversion onto it. It should keep them away, but keep the two inside trapped since they are surrounded by the aversion.

Of course, if their need to feed is stronger, then there isn't much he can do to keep them away until he has time to collect himself, which there isn't much of until the wisps are done feeding.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-11-20 at 02:22 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Spoiler
    Show
    Elezibethele smiles and nods and heads to the other door in the room. Beyond is a small, dark cell with a wooden bed and straw matress in it, alongside two buckets. Set into the wall are some manacles.

As for the snow spiders, one is her paladin mount. All Azurelle needed to do was find a male and she'd have hundreds of eggs. She has a male now, but they haven't mated yet otherwise Azurelle wouldn't have a male.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Spoiler
    Show
    Azurelle will stop the other two from leaving; she intended for all three to dance. Either way, she'll watch the dance hungrily. The dance is exactly the kind that Azurelle wanted. The whip doesn't join in- yet.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

"Sky?"

Eericka is thoroughly perplexed. She's never heard the word sky before. It shows. Her confusion is inscribed into her facial features. She lifts her right eyebrow far above the other in a look of utter bafflement.

"Um..."

"If you say so, master?"

A ceiling by any other name is just as...ceilingy.

-------
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm... This is very interesting... Very, very interesting, in fact.

"If this is the area where you kept your last slave, why am I to share your room with you, mistress? Why am I so fortunate?"

-------
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Azurelle]

Spoiler
    Show
    Geeze! Azurelle is insatiable, isn't she? Toy figured as much. That is why she didn't try waltzing to avoid being punished.

The "dancing" will continue, with every triplet now participating. There is sporadic pushing and shoving as the triplets maneuver about Azurelle. If they were "dancing" to actual music, they might be better, but they aren't bad.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Spoiler
    Show
    "My previous slave was a half-breed, and her parents were also half-breeds. And you are able to serve me in a fashion she could not, though she might have been willing. Besides which, I did not trust her much- I had offered her to Dalachrech, and He accepted her pleas for mercy. No idea why." Elezibethele is xenophobic, and it manifests as hatred of non-elves, and she especially hates those with one elvish parent and one non-elvish parent. Unless the non-elvish parent is a demon, anyway.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Spoiler
    Show
    Pushes and shoves are joined with a whip- anything that disrupts the dance is met with a lash. After a while, though, Azurelle grabs at Toy, attempting to drag her to the bed.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #1195

The psychic repulsion does nothing to stop the wisps from trying their best to latch onto the energy cage Ceres so kindly provided them, as they are simply incapable of registering such a concept. Wisps aren't really even alive, lacking sapience, sentience, or even such basic instincts as reproduction or fleeing from predators. All they know, all they do, is find energy and devour it. They can't even register that they're being killed, as evidenced by the wisps who refused to stop feeding upon the entropy, even as it caused them to waste away.

But there is a way to kill them. And luckily for Ceres, his new friend knows how. The necromancer clutches at his forehead, or at least tries to, the breathing mask getting in the way, letting out a snarl of pain as his mind is carelessly rummaged through. Even with Reverie's power, Ceres will only have a few seconds in which to gather information before the necromancer's mental defenses lock him out, but that should be all the time he needs. The solution is the same as the problem. Energy. The only way to kill wisps for good, apparently, is a truly massive overload of power, enough to cause them to basically disintegrate.

Riv's Hamlet

The town's only tavern is a small, fairly dull looking place called the Rusty Wheel, a squat little building between the fields and the town. By the looks of it, there really aren't that many customers, just a few townsfolk taking a quick break or stopping by on their way back from the farms. And few customers means few witnesses to oversee whatever Warsh has planned.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-11-20 at 05:46 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1196

Drychalk Facility

Oh... Oh that's not good.

The thing is, Ceres was already a very accomplished telepath before becoming Reverie, and being an Object only added to his abilities.

It also made them a bit unstable, especially in times of duress.

And since he lashed out without thinking, he has no way of preventing what happens next. Because Reverie doesn't just allow you to look into people's minds. It takes what it finds there and makes reality fit that mold.

The cage is no longer a cage. It is a ball of unstable plasma that defies all Ceres' feeble attempt to contain it. The two unfortunate wisps inside may find themselves either shunted out or instantly vaporized by the sudden surge, and the ball, being positive energy, will be attracted to the largest source of negative energy nearby.

Which, if I'm not mistaken, should be the left capacitor.

It looks like Ceres will need those blueprints sooner than he thought.

The only thing the Brain can do before he's struck by an errant bolt of electricity that flash-fries his physical form is attempt to pull what wires and pipes he can out of the capacitor in an attempt to save the rest of the machine from a massive short-circuit.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-11-20 at 05:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1197

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

"Sky?"

Eericka is thoroughly perplexed. She's never heard the word sky before. It shows. Her confusion is inscribed into her facial features. She lifts her right eyebrow far above the other in a look of utter bafflement.

"Um..."

"If you say so, master?"

A ceiling by any other name is just as...ceilingy.
    "Eericka, a ceiling is a solid surface on the inside of a building. The sky is just vapour and empty space." Percival explains patiently. He'd assumed Eericka had been provided with basic education, but that doesn't seem to be the case. "Perhaps I'll be teaching you more than I thought."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #1198

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Obsidian Forest - Floor

Huh.

"Well, that's handy. I was expecting to have to turn into mist form and worm my way through-What's that?"

Iriel turns around, looking for something.

She has a sense for bioenergy, which is a rather complicated topic. Suffice to say, such a sense is of marginal aid here, as K'rax and the chimeras are basically like looking at a kaleidoscope galleria. She may have felt, through that chaos, Karaglen. Or it may have been a particularly energetic chimera, and Karaglen being there is just coincidence. What matters is that Iriel is currently examining over he shoulder, and may see the girl.
    Beyond the threshold things are a mess to put it lightly.

Looks like someone decided to set off a bomb in here. Which is more or less exactly what happened. Except it wasn't one bomb. It was a whole slew of them. Crystalline fragments drift through a seemingly endless void of nothingness, direction and time horrifically confused the further in one travels.

Thankfully most of the damage seems to have occurred near the surface.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

29. - Top - End - #1199

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [At a Nearby Farm]

Molodai does a little glowering, but ends up waiting for him to speak. She raises her eyebrows expectantly. "Fine."
    "I will fly up and bring down lightning on a tree, which will fall and break the fence around the pasture. When this is done, you will frighten the cattle straight out of the fence and into my grasp. We will feast like monarchs." Brythaern smirked at his perceived ingenuity and waited on a reply.

Cypress RP profile

30. - Top - End - #1200

At a Nearby Farm

Molodai has trouble arguing with this plan. Better than anything she would've come up with. Of course, she only needs one cow too.

Molodai starts to skirt around the edge of the farm, prepared to leap over the fence and scare the cattle toward Brythaern. Now he just has to break the fence.

Wonder if the farm will have anything to say about this...

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters