New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVII

Drychalk Hill

In the face of the Enormous Explosion (nice job of that by the way) Ceres has time to do only two things. From his own mind he taps into Reverie one last time, crafting a note from nothingness that is now rolled up and stuck into the neck of his flask. The second is a tiny manifestation, teleporting the flask and its contents somewhere else.

Somewhere safe.

The irradiant energies tear at him like nothing he's ever experienced before. Each moment is a new agony, each molecule of his being converted into another pain bearing nerve until the sensation is all he can ever remember. From deep within him, two thoughts occur almost simultaneously.

The first is that perhaps he never left the Holder of Reverie. That this whole charade was just a dream designed tear any hope from him before beginning his torture in earnest.

But that means I've been with her this whole time, and that's all I really wanted in the first place. Despite not having a true form anymore, the inferno that ravages his conciousness twists into what could almost be called a brief smile, if there was anyone there to see it.

That's right Ceres, smile for the crowd. The curtain is closing after all, and this is your last hurrah.

All across the Nexus, and in some places outside, there is a forgetting of sorts. There are no tears, no cliche howls of pain as links are irreparably broken. Nine minds just simply... forget. There is no Ceres. If asked they wouldn't be able to tell you who came up with the idea to band together.

Perhaps the most effected is Ceres' only true brother, Rocid. Forevermore the chaotic one will feel he has to commit acts of madness and mayhem, never knowing why. Never remembering the day he was created, cloned from his brother's mind and made to be the Hyde to his Jeckyl. Never realising his task is done, and there are no scales to balance anymore.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Really?"

Mine didn't know that. He thought humans were alright. They are pretty ugly, but Mine didn't realize that they were all thieves and ingrates. He thought that they were alright, but...but he doesn't know as much of humans as Azurelle does. Could she be telling the truth?

"Don't they have any redeeming qualities? They seemed nice sometimes..."

The human slaves, Mine means. He hated the slavers. They were never kind. Never.

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Azurelle]

Spoiler
    Show
    Object and Slave are corralled into their cell, then. Toy is suffering from Azurelle's abuse in such a way that it should be barely noticeable. She is attempting to hide her pain from Azurelle under a soft feigned smile, inspecting her new scars and bruises to determine if they should be paid considerable heed or next to none.

And she comforts herself with one thought and one thought alone.

Someday, Toy... Someday...

But for now, what is there to do but bid your time? You're outmatched. Patience.

-------
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Percival]

Eericka shrieks in shock when wings burst out of Percival's body! That was unexpected and frightening! The wings aren't too comforting either...

And then, Percival takes hold of Eericka's arms and takes off into the blue sky above!

Cue panicked screaming! Oh gods! Don't drop her! Clench eyes shut! No vertigo today!

-------
    [Riv's Hamlet]

Ugh! A prole (and an insolent one, at that)! Too bad this guy isn't the target. Warsh would have no inner quarrel over doing him in. Since that isn't the case, might as well play to his pretentious nature (or sarcastic nature; it is difficult to discern).

"I'm a mediator by profession. Was called out here to settle a dispute between two tribes a good distance from these parts. Those brutes took so dang long reconcile, that I missed the only boat heading back to civilization over there for three stupid weeks. So I'm stuck walkin' back."

"If you want to see a pedigree, I don't got one, so that'll have to do."

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes. They are very good at polishing things, and tend to be stronger than the average elf, so they're good labourers." Elezibethele believes that humans should be slaves to elves, or maybe executed. "And they can be nice, they're just inferior." Also, Durk Fallow (the slave trader Mine was bought from) uses gnomes and ogres more than humans in the slave pens; most humans work in the pet shop part.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Spoiler
    Show
    Object and Slave will be locked into the cell, though Azurelle doesn't lock them into the manacles. It's pitch dark without the door open; there's nowhere for light to enter except around the door frame. And that's extinguished too when Azurelle douses the torches before she climbs back into bed. Toy's ankle will be roughly grabbed and a manacle snapped around it, the other end attached to one of the four-poster bed's four posts. Azurelle will then re-pull the curtain, being as rough as before and taking advantage of the existing bruises.

Also, the bruises should be predominantly minor, though painful. Azurelle doesn't want to kill Toy. At the moment, anyway.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Halfling in the Playground

Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival

Judging by the way he rockets into the sky, Percival's ability to fly is clearly aided by magic. The demonazi soars up, bursting through a thin cloud into the bright sun. The light warms them pleasantly, and Percival takes off over the rolling, vaporous hills.

Percy tries to adjust Eericka so he can hold her up properly. Legs on one arm, shoulders on the other. "Does this look like a ceiling to you?" He asks loudly, quite mirthful. The demonazi banks to the left, dipping closer to the clouds, wingtips whipping up white trails in their wake.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Bugbear in the Playground

Riv's Hamlet

"Ah, feuds." The barkeep says, in the tone of one who at least thinks they're imparting some bit of pithy wisdom. Reaching under the counter, he pulls out a guestbook and makes a great show of checking it, despite the fact that there's clearly no-one about. In fact, if Warsh manages to get a peak, he'll see that the only thing written in the book are the crossed-out, misspelled names of guests who wisely left. "Yooou... He draws the word out for a moment, mulling over the money versus the odds of Warsh causing trouble. ...would be in luck. We've got one room left. It's our best room though, so it's a bit pricy. One gold for a three night stay, with breakfast provided. No lunches or dinners though."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Granite Flats]
    The Granite Flats. Ah, the Granite Flats. Whether or not they are granite is uncertain, nor are they wholly flat---there are gentle rises and some dips where water has collected in ponds.
    A girl, white-skinned and simply dressed, wanders the stonescape.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

Riv's Hamlet

Well outside the Hamlet, Javert looks through it with a set of binoculars. The lenses have been blackened slightly to avoid reflection, and he scans the area to judge how many people live there, and about what tech-level.

(Also, is it day or night there? It's your location TE, so I'll let you decide.)

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

Spoiler
    Show
    Duly noted. Mine hates slavers across the board. He doesn't discriminate based on species, color, creed, or gender. They're all spineless parasites in his mind.

Humans are good at polishing things. That's the honest truth, I'd agree, what with the fixation on gold and other shiny (Ooo, shiny!) objects.

"But...but..."

Mine can't defend the humans. He doesn't know them well enough to say that they're not dumb, culture-less cowards. Maybe they're better off enslaved. Can't cause too much harm that way. Was that the reason for all of this?

"If they are so degenerate, then why are they still around? Shouldn't they have died off by now?"

Survival of the fittest and all that. ... Mine's mind wanders... Are there any humans alive that aren't enslaved or in the service of another race? Mine hasn't encounter even one of those kind...

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Azurelle]

Spoiler
    Show
    Toy doesn't even put up as much of a resistance against Azurelle this time, though she continues to make her protest clean and clear. She allows the hate and the pain to flow over her, to seep and soak into her every pore, caressing her soul, corrupting every atom it brushes against.

Focus. Endure. Patience. It will come to pass. Believe in it, and it will come to pass...

Object and Slave pat the abrasive stone walls as they attempt to find their way about frigid, pitch black chamber. The rock scrapes against their skin, the cold spreading throughout their weak, little bodies. Shivering, they eventually come to rest with their backs pressed against the door of their prison, cuddling up to each other for warmth. Object cries herself to sleep while Slave does her best to comfort her, humming a soft, sweet melody that their mother sang so many years ago. After so many years, the memory still remains. That was the only token their mother left them after she was sold off to another owner. A memento. A gift. A promise. Something the slavers couldn't deprive them of.

For now, they had each other, but there's no telling how long that will last. Their luck will eventually run out. How long until Azurelle decides to indulge herself in executing one of them? How long until she takes it too far? They will always have their memories. Azurelle can't steal that from them... Can she?

-------
    [Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival]

Such a beautiful description of a truly divine sight. Well done.

Unfortunately, Eericka cannot enjoy this quick jaunt through the heavens with us. Her eyes shut tight as can be. She's attempting to hug onto Percival for dear life. She's praying under her breath and hyperventilating like one possessed.

I'm going to bet that Percy can find some way to convince her to open her eyes, though.

-------
    [Riv's Hamlet]

One gold piece? One gold piece! Gosh that's expensive! That's way more than Warsh is paid per fifteen-minute time period! Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Warsh earns one gold piece every two months. Gold is an inordinately precious commodity back where Warsh is from.

Lucky for him that this is a business trip. He can probably convince The Operative to reimburse him.

"Gee! Breakfast and a room! I knew I did myself a favor stopping by this fine establishment. As for lunches and dinners, I can just come out here and order 'em, right?"

Money. Everyone has a price.

"In short, I'd love the room. Here's the cash for the expenses."

Warsh digs deep into one of his pockets and fishes out an enormous gold coin minted in Alexandria in the days of yore.

"That should cover it. Also, how much would it be for dinner? I'm just dying to sample some of your exquisite cuisine."

I guess that Warsh plans on boring the guard trailing him to death (and then stealing his shoes for good measure).

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Granite Flats]

((Doesn't Carrie have a house out here somewhere?))

Talnissa, who's a brass robot shaped like a pretty female human, with fine golden wire for hair, and wearing a dark blue dress, is also walking here, approaching the girl.

As well, if the girl can tell, Talnissa is steam powered.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]
    ((Yep. Though it's empty a lot of the time.))
    The girl sees and approaches her.
    Hello.
    Her voice is not as flat as one might think, and she sounds vaguely interested.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]

Talnissa smiles at her, extending a hand.

"Hello. I'm Talnissa. You?"

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]
    She looks at the hand and supposes it is being offered for observation.
    She takes it in her own hand to look at it.
    I am Pass.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]

Talnissa attempts to shake hands.

"It's nice to meet you, Pass."

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]
    She is rather confused at the hand-shaking and points at the process.
    What is... this?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]

She shrugs.

"It's a local greeting ritual. Not sure of the derivations."

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]
    Pass smiles.
    Ahh. I did not know that.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]

Talnissa returns the smile.

"Yeah, it's kind of weird. But what isn't, if you're not from where it is?"

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]
    ... Is that a rhetorical question?
    I remember being told of those. They are questions that are not meant to be answered.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]

"It's sort of between rhetorical and normal. It doesn't really need an answer, but if you have one, I certainly wouldn't mind hearing it."

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]
    I suppose anything may seem strange when one comes from a place other then where that thing is found.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Beyond the threshold things are a mess to put it lightly.

Looks like someone decided to set off a bomb in here. Which is more or less exactly what happened. Except it wasn't one bomb. It was a whole slew of them. Crystalline fragments drift through a seemingly endless void of nothingness, direction and time horrifically confused the further in one travels.

Thankfully most of the damage seems to have occurred near the surface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Obsidian Forest - Floor]

Looking over her shoulder will reveal Karaglen rather easily.
    She's not hiding, simply hovering and watching.
    Despite the horns, demonic-dragon wings, and the massive sword, she's not trying to be actively threatening.

With a tear or two shining on her cheek, she's not sure what she looks like.

Flap...flap...flap...
    She won't do anything different if Iriel doesn't.
    Iriel will see Karaglen.

"A freind of hers? I would recommend that that out here, it may get messy. Or just weird."

Iriel will step into the disaster zone. Wow. Every once in a while, it's nice to be reminded of how much damage mortals can actually DO. Being all eldrtich and stuff can tint one's perspective in such a way as to underestimate the things. And then? Sup-rise, we loaded and airship with fuel-air bombs. Have fun not dying from that while we chant the summoning backwards.

What was she doing? Right. She was gonna start fixing K'rax.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Granite Flats]
    I suppose anything may seem strange when one comes from a place other then where that thing is found.
    [Granite Flats]

Talnissa nods.

"Speaking of which, where are you from?"

((Hopefully-brief deadtime.))
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-11-24 at 12:59 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

[Granite Flats]
    That is not within my memory.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Bugbear in the Playground

Riv's Hamlet- Outside

Well, that depends. If Javert is in the same timeline as Warsh, it's just about dusk. Otherwise... *flips coin* night. By the looks of it the town has recently suffered some sort of disturbance, the giant cast iron gate lying on the ground a few feet from where it was torn from the hinges, a single armored guard standing by the gate. Two more guards patrol the walls, completing a full circuit every five minutes.

Riv's Hamlet- Inside

The bartender pauses for a moment, shocked by actually getting the ludicrous sum he named, before quickly snatching up the golden coin. That's as much money as he sees in a year, never mind a month. Out here, where inflation and technology have yet to venture, gold is still worth a whole hell of a lot.

"Ah, yes, very glad to have you here, dinner will be, er- Another pause as the crooked inkeep thinks furiously. Should he charge the normal rate? After all, Warsh has already given him quite a lot of money, maybe he shouldn't push his luck. But then again, Warsh is clearly in possession of plenty of money, so... Maybe a full silver? .. five copper."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

Riv's Hamlet - Outside

Javert frowns and collects his things before heading to the other side of the Hamlet, towards the end that is burned out. He stays well away from the place and slips from shadow to shadow to keep from being noticed. Hopefully by the time he gets there, it'll be darker.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Pixie in the Playground

[Riv's Hamlet- Inside]

If Warsh gets his way, this arrogant little man might find himself in a rut where he'll need all of the funding Warsh has supplied him with just to get by, lamentably. It all depends on how vital Excelsior Tech. and Riv are to the dwindling population of this already well-established community.

Coppers. 5 coppers. Warsh doesn't carry copper pieces with him. What? He's not a DnD-based character! Instead, Warsh will simply produce another gold coin from his pocket and whack it with the nearest available sharp knife! If he has to, he'll as for one. He'll then hand the chunk of gold which broke off of the main piece to the barkeep.

"So, anything interesting going on it town recently? Know what the weather will be like tomorrow? Can't be leaving if it is going to rain, you know."

But if Warsh leaves, the bartender won't be able to drain him of anymore lucre! That would just be oh so horrible, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-11-24 at 01:41 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Hermitage of Dalechrech - Percival]

Such a beautiful description of a truly divine sight. Well done.

Unfortunately, Eericka cannot enjoy this quick jaunt through the heavens with us. Her eyes shut tight as can be. She's attempting to hug onto Percival for dear life. She's praying under her breath and hyperventilating like one possessed.

I'm going to bet that Percy can find some way to convince her to open her eyes, though.
    Well thanks.

I have to wonder what you're implying about dear, innocent Percival. The demonazi merely leans closer to Eericka, saying, "Eericka, open your eyes."

An instant later, Percy hits an updraft and gains altitude, leaving the pair of them with a weightless feeling. The demon arcs around the trunk of a cumulonimbus, one of those gaseous towers that stretches thousands of feet into the empty air. As Percy brushes the side, the pair of them will likely get speckled with droplets of dew.

But for the Infernal's voice, all is still. Not even the wind makes a sound here.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-24 at 11:06 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Granite Flats]
    That is not within my memory.