New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach D20

1. - Top - End - #811
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach D20

If it's OK with Void, I'd like to continue working on BleachD20. I feel it has alot of room to grow, however there are some things that need to be hammered out.

If it is OK with him, then I would like a list of the top things every wants to see as an augment ability. I've already put in elemental damage and reduced the fleshy level of the quincy.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
    (and join Cthulhu village)

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FelixZ View Post
    If it's OK with Void, I'd like to continue working on BleachD20. I feel it has alot of room to grow, however there are some things that need to be hammered out.

If it is OK with him, then I would like a list of the top things every wants to see as an augment ability. I've already put in elemental damage and reduced the fleshy level of the quincy.
    You're more than welcome to. I won't have time to start on the 4e version for awhile, and I really don't like working with 3e. Just credit all my original work, if you would.

Incredibly GAR avatar by Ninja_Chocobo.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh hey, it looks like this thing's back and being worked on again. Seeing that actually makes me really happy. I originally saw this thread a few months ago, read through it, and got really really excited to the point where I couldn't wait to play it when it was finished. Then, I got to the end of the thread, and found out it was being converted to 4e. That was a little disappointing, but if 4e worked better for Bleach it didn't really matter to me which system was used (as all the "4e doesn't feel like DnD" and similar complaints were rather invalid for a setting like Bleach). Then it looked like this was getting scrapped and the project would essentially be scrapped. I don't mean to complain, as BtV has the right to work on whatever he likes in his free time, but I'd found that an immensely disappointing fact after how worked up I'd gotten over how cool the idea of being able to play a working Bleach RPG was. I'm really glad to hear that this project isn't dead, regardless of who's behind the wheel on it now. Good luck with your current project BtV, and I'm sure I'll still be eager to play your 4e version when you have time to create it, or even a Bleach campaign setting or something made using the system you're currently working on.

With regard to the project as it's currently being worked on and my comments on that: I'm entirely for using whichever system, or systems, you guys feel would work best for a Bleach RPG. If it's going to contain stuff from various systems, though, I'd ask that basic system rules be covered in the released documents. Just because I may have the DnD 3.5 Corebooks doesn't mean I necessarily have the d20 Modern Corebooks or SWSE Corebooks, and I'd rather not have to by several rulebooks in order to play one homebrewed system, regardless of how awesome being able to play a Bleach RPG sounds to me.

Felix, Shinobi, are you two working on two separate systems or collaborating? I'd just like to be clear on this, though I don't know how I like the sounds of two competing systems when a collaboration could potentially result in a better quality finished product. But again, this isn't up to me, it's entirely up to you guys.

With regards to the Quincy thing, it's been said time and time again the class as it stands is unusable. Many people have come across this fact. It's essentially only there for inspiration at this point, from what I can tell.

As far as various character classes go, I can guarantee you that people are going to want to play Orihime-type characters. Yes, in the show's current setting she's a rarity. She's also one of the core cast of protagonists, and doubtless some people are going to want to play someone like her, just as badly as some people are going to want to play characters like Chad, or shinigami, or Quincy. Same thing goes for Bount. Yes, they were filler. Yes, they're all but extinct in the show's setting now. I can also guarantee you there are roleplayers who watched the Bount arc and went "It'd be awesome to play one of those." I'd greatly encourage having rules for people to play any character they want to, from Shinigami to Quincy to Orihime- and Chad-types to Bount. The system that started this thread had enough requests for Kenpachi-type characters that accomodations were made and people were happier for it. In short, I'd actively encourage those making a Bleach system to allow people to play characters like anyone they've seen in the show. In fact, thinking about this has made me think it'd be interesting to try playing a mod-soul. The show's setting is not necessarily the group's setting, and that's one of the beautiful things about RPGs.

Just something to think about, I suppose. In any case, thanks for your time, and keep up the good work!

4. - Top - End - #814
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Juhn View Post
    Felix, Shinobi, are you two working on two separate systems or collaborating? I'd just like to be clear on this, though I don't know how I like the sounds of two competing systems when a collaboration could potentially result in a better quality finished product. But again, this isn't up to me, it's entirely up to you guys.
    As far as I know, Felix is working on his own "upgrade" of Behold_the_Void's Bleach system.

If he would like to contact me for information/ideas/whatever, that's fine with me.

When I release my version, it will be in a different thread (per BtV's request several posts back). I'll do a 3E-type release and a 4E-style release (hopefully) at the same time.

If you're worried about not having the necessary manuals to make sense of everything, don't. I plan on putting everything needed in a .pdf so you can download and play.

Things are going rather decent with my version, I just have to hammer out some specifics and work on balance.
    Click my banner and be taken to my Guyver conversion for D&D 4E!

5. - Top - End - #815
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'm toying with a system for implementing some of the philosophical verbal jousting that flourish in the Bleach fights. I was heading to something like this :
    - each round of fight, players roll a contested diplomacy, intimidate or bluff check
    - the winner gets a +2 attack and damage roll for the round. If he keeps winning, his bonus can stack up to +6 (max)
    - the roll can be, of course, modified by brilliant roleplay (dm's call)

6. - Top - End - #816
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

so any quinciy class's or bounts?

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

At the moment we don't have a fully working and tested system from what I know, so it's a little early for pbp.

Quincy is being worked on by both parties, and I don't know what's going on with Bounts. Im hoping there'll be Bounts in both systems - if the individual GM doesn't like their canonicity then they can disallow it, but it'd be good to have the option for those people who like the Bounts.
    Last edited by Juhn; 2008-09-23 at 08:47 PM.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Bugbear in the Playground

For those using my system as a base, Bounts were going to be built much like the other human classes I had started on but focused on Summoning abilities. And while I'm at it, the Manifester I actually had a system kind of worked out based around points per encounter to use their abilities in a sort of ToB/Psionics mix, but I never got a chance to make all the manifestations.

Incredibly GAR avatar by Ninja_Chocobo.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Pixie in the Playground

Here is a tentative list of classes in SG Bleach D20 (possible title):

Shinigami
    Quincy
    Hollow (Yasutora "Chad" Sado-type PCs)
    ??? (Orihime Inoue-type PCs)
    Bounts

For those who are going to ask, Vizards are either going to be a prestige class or a template.

Hollows and Arrancar are going to be monsters.

As it stands, a Shinigami character's ranking in the Gotei 13 will depend on their level, not a prestige class. Justification for this is found in the Soul Society arc when Ichigo first goes to rescue Rukia. It is said his power is equal to that of a Captain, but he is not part of the Gotei 13 and does not have an official ranking.

This will probably be my last post in Behold_the_Void's thread. If you have questions or comments, drop me a PM and be on the look out for my SG Bleach D20 thread in the future! (And click my sig! >.> )

Click my banner and be taken to my Guyver conversion for D&D 4E!

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys, how is Bleach d20 coming along?

I remember following this thead and joining in at the playtesting bit aaaages ago but I felt like coming back to see how you guys are doing.

Wheres the latest "Edition" of the rules if there are any ready to show?

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm assuming PMs would be more prudent, as I don't think the people working on Bleach D20 at the moment are checking this thread anymore...

Which reminds me, I should probably fire off a couple of those.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Barbarian in the Playground

Are you still working on this or did you give up, Behold?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    There is no mind control, citizen. Please go back to your fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Corm View Post
    Kroy speaks the truth.
    Avatar courtesy of Shades of Grey.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

Last I heard he'd put this project on hiatus till he's through with a few other ones. Once he's done with those, he may come back to this. Sift through the last few pages if you want the exact details.

14. - Top - End - #824

I have quite a lot to say, so bear with me.
    If the system is going to be converted to 4e, could you guys please make a new thread for it? I would like to keep this thread 3/3.5e, plus I would think it would be easier to have them in seperate threads.
    I have been thinking about having a "spiritual pressure" score in the system, and the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I think it would fit the flavor very well, and would make some mechanics make more sense. I don't quite have a strong base for this idea, but I'm sure I could get something to work. If you guys don't want it in your system, don't use it. It's your choice, but I think you'll be missing out.
    I'll try to get more back to you guys.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-01-30 at 04:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd really love to see a final version of these rules, I hope that you do come back to them.

16. - Top - End - #826

I have written up rules for starting Reiatsu but I haven't quite materialized it yet. I know what I want and how it's going to done, to a certain degree. I'll try to write up more over the weekend.
    On another note, have you guys seen the most recent chapter?(#345) I'm going to say a little of what happens in the following spoiler text.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ulquiorra has released his zanpakuto. He says, "Bind, Murus-Hierago" and a whole lot of crazy goes down. In short, Ichigo is screwed and read the chapter already!!!!
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-02-14 at 03:51 PM.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    I have written up rules for starting Reiatsu but I haven't quite materialized it yet. I know what I want and how it's going to done, to a certain degree. I'll try to write up more over the weekend.
    On another note, have you guys seen the most recent chapter?(#345) I'm going to say a little of what happens in the following spoiler text.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ulquiorra has released his zanpakuto. He says, "Bind, Murus-Hierago" and a whole lot of crazy goes down. In short, Ichigo is screwed and read the chapter already!!!!
    It was a very interesting (and long-awaited) chapter, I'm looking foward to the next one, but this might not be the right thread to discuss it.

18. - Top - End - #828

Okay, I haven't finished what Reiatsu is going to be yet, but I am going to put up some of the ideas I have about it, though they are not quite complete.
    Reiatsu
    • Each character in Bleach d20 has a Reiatsu score.
    • For each level the character has, his Reiatsu score increases by 1.
    • There will be various ways to do starting Reiatsu, the simplest way is to gain it only from class levels.
    • If you do have a starting Reiatsu score, add it to the Reiatsu gained from class levels, but I'm sure you guys and gals already figured that out.

The following are ideas that I think work, but haven't finallized what it'll look on paper and/or don't know if it's accurate.

1. Level based effects will be determined by the Reiatsu score.
    2. Zanpakuto damage will be based off of the Reiatsu score.
    3. Gaining zanpakuto abilities will be based on Reiatsu score.
    4. When a person attacks someone, after rolling to attack, if the attacker's Reiatsu is lower than the one being attacked, the one being attacked takes no damage. (You still have to hit with the attack roll.)
    5. With 4 in mind, for someone with sufficiently lower Reiatsu to attack someone with a higher Reiatsu, the defender still takes no damage and the attacker takes the damage instead.
    6. If a person would attack someone with a sufficiently lower reiatsu than the person attacking and have them sneak-attackable (for simplicity's sake, and for lack of a better word), the attack is an automatic critical hit.
    7. When someone scores a critical hit, they can make the attack a called shot.
    8. There needs to be a proper system for called shots for Bleach d20. For right now, making called can be done without having to make a critical hit. I might make even harder places to hit with a called shot because those places, like the eyes and throat, have only half the reiatsu score than normal.
    9. If a sufficient concentration check is made, a person can increase their reiatsu score, but only for determining zanpakuto damage and attacking reiatsu, as in 4 and 5.
    10. When person is using shunpo, to even see it a one needs to have a relatively close reiatsu score to see where the person moves. (Possibley make a sufficient spot check to see the person as well. I'm not sure yet about it though.)
    11. When using shunpo and then follow up with an attack, if the person being attacked can't see the shunpo, the person is sneak-attackable.
    12. When taking a total defense action, fighting defensively as a standard or full-round action, or using combat expertise with at least a -1 penalty, a person can use their zanpakuto to parry.
    13. When using a zanpakuto to parry, an attacker has to have a Reiatsu score 1½ times larger than normal to deal damage to the defender parrying. (Using longer actions gives an action to charge up reiatsu.)
    14. If a person overcomes someone's reiatsu while parrying, the damage is dealt to the zanpakuto instead, and if the zanpakuto is dealt enough damage to break through, the person parrying then takes the damage.
    15. When someone has taken enough damage, (like ½ of their hit points), their reiatsu goes down by ½ due to prolonged exast.
    16. Shikai will raise reiatsu by some amount, and Bankai will multiply your Reiatsu by 5 (if untrained with it) to 10 (if much time has been spent training with it).
    17. Using this system, damage reduction and spell resistance are going to be removed.

I'm going to edit this repeatedly, so when an idea strikes, I don't have to keep posting new posts all over the place. Also please tell me if something doesn't look quite right. (Especially the parrying stuff.)
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-03-17 at 02:47 PM.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure about #4. The Captains certainly wouldn't all be the same level, and they're capable of doing at least some damage to one another. Perhaps change it to reduction dependent on the difference in Reiatsu? Once you hit a certain difference, the damage would be negated entirely.

20. - Top - End - #830

I'm not sure about #4. The Captains certainly wouldn't all be the same level, and they're capable of doing at least some damage to one another. Perhaps change it to reduction dependent on the difference in Reiatsu? Once you hit a certain difference, the damage would be negated entirely.
    Yeah, I was thinking that as well. How about this, if the attacker is within 5 they deal damage as normal, if they are withing 10 they hit but at ½ damage, and anything below 10 deals no damage and if they are 15 bellow, the attacker takes the damage instead?
    The numbers are not for sure, but you get the idea.
    I was also thinking prestiege classes get larger progression. Mind you, as always, numbers are not final but here it goes. Captains gain 5 points per level, and there should be a Lieutenant class as well, that would gain 3 points per level, and levels of Lieutenant can be swapped out for levels in Captain when a Lieutenant becomes a Captain. For the moment, Vaizard and Arrancar could gain 2 a level as well and when hollowfied/uses resereccion, their reiatsu goes up by 10.
    With the Reiatsu machanics, one of the things I trying to convey is that you shouldn't mess with people stronger than you, or they'll drop you in one hit and usually with style!!!
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-02-23 at 03:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Exclamation Re: Bleach D20

hello everyone,
    i want to say bleach is incredible and that you people working on this are geniuses, i dieing to play bleach D20!!!
    please i need to ask a favor. i'm online on my playstation 3 and it can't open, download, or read any word files at all, and i don't have a computer. if ANYONE would be willing to copy, paste, and e-mail me a copy of the rules and everything they have come up with so far here (right now i have to serch through 28 forum pages to find a specific zanpakutou type) they would become my hero lol. thanks again, and AWSOME work so far, please keep it up.
    my e-mail is
    [email protected]

22. - Top - End - #832

I have sent you an e-mail with the entire rules. I hope this helps.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Might I request a copy?

E-mail - [email protected]
    My Homebrews

Spoiler
    Show
    What D&D race are you most like?

My Results:

Half - Elf Not quite human and not quite elf you can learn the ways of sword and magic, but are sometimes clouded with human emotions.

Request a Homebrew Requests #169, 170, & 313

24. - Top - End - #834
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

biggrin Re: Bleach D20

thanks alot, your the man, i really appreciate it.

25. - Top - End - #835

Quote Originally Posted by kyoten View Post
    Might I request a copy?
    I have sent you an e-mail as well. Hope it helps!

Also, what do you guys think of my Reiatsu stuff? I really want to get this stuff fleshed out, and feedback will help. *Hint**Hint*

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know how much help I can be without playtesting. I'm just looking at this from a loyalty-to-the-source-material perspective here.

27. - Top - End - #837

I noticed that the e-mails I sent out don't show everything, so I'm probably not going to send out any more e-mails until further notice. I still might send them out if you others got all of the rules, but for now I'm not going to do the e-mails.

Okay I edited the end of the list so take a look and tell me what you think.

I think that Arrancar put some of their Reiatsu into their zanpakuto release, and when they release, it multiplies it. Let me know what you think as always.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-02-26 at 03:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Dwarf in the Playground

well what else is being worked on I've used this system so far I got a few lvl 3 and they are having fun, I've even gone as far as creating my own class for story line

also could I get the temple for an player hollow that would be nice to have I have not been here sense the begin so I don't know if there was one it was not with the download of the stuff

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

People are playing this in its unfinished form? I hadn't realized this.

It's rather heartening, though.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Dwarf in the Playground

People are playing this in its unfinished form? I hadn't realized this.

It's rather heartening, though.
    yeah its not complete, but that is why people play test it I'm glad I found this its fun and my players agree it too