New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Meh :(
    I'm off to roleplaying for a few hours and you opened a new thread without me ;_;

Oh well. How's that hand-thing-spell that V uses sometimes called? I have a nice story and I only need the name of that spell. Oh, and a Pic to the story.
    Trying to return to some communities from where I've vanished in the last few years. Trying to become more active in general. Social connections are like drugs xD"
    So, I'm in college now! In a city at the other end of the country, five hours by train.
    I can't choose between my Internet Nicknames. Have about 4 of them atm.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Bixby's ___ ____.
    ^_^
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eztheria View Post
    Meh :(
    I'm off to roleplaying for a few hours and you opened a new thread without me ;_;

Oh well. How's that hand-thing-spell that V uses sometimes called? I have a nice story and I only need the name of that spell. Oh, and a Pic to the story.
    Bugsby's (verb)ing Hand

...And that is how I met your father.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

There is a series of spells most often referred to as "Bigby's [action-ing] [descriptive-synonym-for-hand]". Clerics can also access the spell, but name it after their Deity according to Core rules. Just to make usage clear: it creates a giant construct of force capable of preforming one action, usually repeadedly. So "Bigby's Expressive Digit" would continually give the finger (and likely be low level), while the others spells have different effects:
    Crushing/Squeezing Fist: Attempts to grapple/crush a target.
    Pushing Palm: Continually bull-rushes and attempts to push a target.
    Grasping Hand: Grapple but without the damage.
    Etc. It's plenty reasonable to come up with your own Bigby spells, just keep in mind that it's relatively high level, especially as it does combat related things.
    Awesome avatar by potatocubed

Without improvisation, magic is inherently limited

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. We're already on thread 7! 2 more and you guys are tied with Shipping.

Some suggestions. Why doesn't Lira make a Crack pairing index thread for all the stories and links. That way, she doesn't have to be on at the same time as Fiddler and can update periodically.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Those supercool MTG things in your sig, that i've seen in dualcolour. Where do you get them?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

7. - Top - End - #37

BardGirl

Thank you.
    First, the picture. It's just a rough sketch so I didn't bother uploading it on DA, but feel free to colour it or whatever. Same goes for my other sketches btw.
    Spoiler
    Show

Now to the story. It flowed out of my pen and I think I didn't hit our little family there 100%, but...
    Spoiler
    Show

"You again.", said Lee.
    "You're going to be our best customer."
    "Shut up. Go get the splice ready.", Vaarsuvius grumbled. "This time, I will not fail."
    "As you wish."
    Three familiar souls appeared before her. Haerta chuckled. "Ooh, you think you can hold us now?"
    "At least she looks way healthier now!", Jephton interjected.
    "Who has wronged you this time?" Ganonron asked, looking straightly at the elf.
    She didn't answer immediately. She just returned their mocking each with a single, determined gaze.
    "Do you want to destroy something or don't you?", the elf smirked with a raised eyebrow. Then she turned to the three fiends.
    "How long do you want to wait? Your time-stop doesn't hold forever."
    "How inconsiderate of us..."
    Two orbs appeared in front of the wizard.
    "As if you needed to pose the choice." She touched the blue orb.
    Welcome back to the dark side, sister!
    Destroy those that have wronged you!
    Tear everything down!

"Your verbal interjection is unecessary, so do me the favor of shutting up."
    "Time stop ends in 3...", Cedric started.
    Vaarsuvius turned towards the door.
    "Two."
    With each step she took towards it, the counter went down. The moment she touched the handle, Cedric exclaimed "Zero", she felt resistance and opened the door gently. Vaarsuvius looked into Redcloaks shocked face.
    "What in..."
    She passed him and walked into the corridor.
    "I have done what was necessary. I will end it this time, I promise."
    "Wait!" Redcloak turned and tried to grasp her, but by then his love had already muttered a "somethingundefinable teleport" and disappeared.
    "... No..."

Xykon didn't even bother to turn around.
    "You didn't learn ANYTHING in the last 17 years, did you?"
    "Sunblast."
    "Argh! You-"
    "Quickened Time Stop."
    Three souls silently held up a red sign.
    "Quickened Sul'Zalas Buff-pack. Quickened Sul'Zalas Resistance-pack. Delayed Sunblast"
    Three souls silently held up a green sign.
    "-bi- ARGH! Meteor Swarm!"
    In between the distraction caused by the spammed Sunblasts and Meteor Swarms by the two casters neither of the seemed to notice the black-robed, goblinoid adolescent with purple hair that came hurrying into the room.
    For a moment, she couldn't quite grasp what was going on, in the next Xykon held her as a shield in front of him. Now she was eye-to-eye with the strange elven caster that looked so oddly familiar. But it couldn't be. Xykon had confiscated her spellbook. There was no way...
    "Now, you wouldn't hurt your precious bast-"
    "Not my daughter, you BASTARD!", the castress screamed. Tiasals eyes widened.
    "EMPOWERED SUNBLAST!"
    The Lich disintegrated and Tiasal would've made an unpleasant contact with the ground if Vaarsuvius hadn't cast a Feather Fall on her. Their eyes met.
    "Hand over the phylactery, Tiasal."
    "No! You-"
    "Hand it over. Now!"
    "You - You CAN'T be my mother! Whatever you have done to her-"
    "Hand it OVER!"
    "N-Never! Xykon was like a father to me, more than-"
    "SILENCE!"
    Tiasal stared at the woman in front of her. It COULDN'T be Vaarsuvius. It just couldn't be.
    "You... leave me no choice. Believe me, I don't like this... Depowered Astas Shockwave for many Situations!" (A/N: I'm sorry. I needed a name for this one. Will take it out if you don't like ist, Asta Kask.)
    "Ugh!" Tiasal was thrown off her feet.
    "Bigsby's Grasping Hand."
    Again, Tiasal didn't hit the ground or a wall, but she was at that castress' mercy.
    "Learn to know your place, daughter! Trust me, I don't like hurting you..." Vaarsuvius hovered towards her child and took Xykons phylactery from her.
    "Disguisting. Disintegrate."
    Xykon's anchor to the plane of the living cumbled to ashes. Just as the first speck touched the ground, an alarmed Redcloak burst into the room. The wizard released the spell and caught Tiasal in her arms.
    "Vaarsuvius! Tiasal!", Redcloak stormed towards his love and his daughter.
    "It is done.", the former one said calmly.
    He embraced both.
    "What price did you have to pay?" A tear ran down from his remaining eye.
    "A small one compared to what we would've had to pay if I hadn't done it." she gently touched the patch over Redcloaks right eye. "You can heal it now. No one will take it from you ever again. On a lesser related note, are there anny immediate threats it would be prudent to deal with now that I still command over this power?"
    "... No.", Redcloak answered.
    Vaarsuvius released the splices. In front if Tiasal's eyes the castress' aura, which had been tainted black with evil cleared up, the fangs disappeared and the blank white eyes returned to the green ones she had known before. In front of her eyes,, the fiend that had killed her father figure and mentor transformed into the person that had been introduced to her as her mother. Shocked and confused she turned to her 'true' father, Redcloak. The tears that ran down his cheeks were an unfamiliar sight to her, she had never seen him cry. But one thing was sure: The woman was, in fact, her mother. And she had just killed Xykon off for real. Tiasal was overwhelmed by new and surpressed emotions alike. Vaarsuvius turned to her daughter and the helplessly to Redcloak. He just hugged Tiasal closer, smiled, and said: "We have much catching up to do."

Phew!
    Last edited by Eztheria; 2010-02-06 at 09:03 PM.
    Trying to return to some communities from where I've vanished in the last few years. Trying to become more active in general. Social connections are like drugs xD"
    So, I'm in college now! In a city at the other end of the country, five hours by train.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Haha. XD Xykon got OWNED. XD

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Haha. XD Xykon got OWNED. XD
    Which is good.
    Beware the many wrong things in this spoiler!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Order of the Stick Jr.
    Meet : Alexander, Joan, Ross, Leilandius, Hitomi, Ngoc and Arduvanius

As interpreted (and drawn) by yours truly, Yiuel

Yiuel LeMelvillois
    Only on blank paper do we write the best stories...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nemoutiopia, I accidently put my last post on the last thread. It has my explanation for why I took off. Any way here is the first part of my not so epic tale Rogue Love

Spoiler
    Show
    Haley examined the bandit camp. "So this is where they took Elan" she said." This place has a guard at every turn. This isnt gonna be easy." She knew she couldnt do this without Roy but someone had to rescue Elan."Maybe a quicknap will help." Haley dozed off,unaware of the bandits coming up the hill.
    Haley awoke to bandits at her throat. She tried to reach for her bow,but her hands were tied up. She was all alone in a tent. She had no idea what would happen next. Would they kill her? Would she be sold into slavery? Thoughts of misfortune plagued her mind.
    Hours passed. She was going insane because of the wait. Her fate was in the balance and she couldnt bluff her way out of it. Haley nearly lossed hope, but then the bandit leader entered tent. Haley was in awe.
    This man was more than handsome, he was the epitomy of beauty. That scar gave him the aura of mystery. How can a man so good looking be the leader of dirty thieves?" Well then, I am the bandit leader." he said." And right now you are my prisoner.
    Haley almost broke out in a cold sweat. what was this dashing man going to do to her? Will she ever find Elan? " I presume you came looking for the bard that came by earlier" he said with a grin. " I will let you and him go, on one condition." His face broke out in a smug grin

And thats all for now folks. Part 2 will be out by friday if time permits.
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

11. - Top - End - #41

I don't have much time until my school shuts off my Internet, so I'll only post an update for PM and leave my replies for another post.

Oh, and do scrolls make it so that you don't need to wait to cast something? Like if you had a True Resurrection scroll, you wouldn't need to wait ten minutes casting time?

Spoiler
    Show
    “No, no, it’s like this!”

The half-outsider picked up the pair of dice, letting them both fall on the multi-layered board. “You see? Twelve. That means that I get to move up or down four times.”

“This makes no sense!” Abram shook his head, staring incredulously at the little outsider figurines. “We’ve been at this for two hours—can’t we go outside and play badminton or something?”

Terentius lay on his back with his little sister on his stomach, dark fingers gently running through soft purple hair. “Tia’s fallen asleep.”

“Good. We can wake her when it’s her turn. Two more hours from now,” Octavius grumbled, stretching impatiently.

“It’s a game about basic math and advanced theological philosophy! It’s not that hard! Come on, I’ll explain it again…”

Everyone let out a groan.

---

Tiasal woke up shaking. She was wrapped up in a blanket, but her core was freezing and her muscles were giving off spasms without reason. Cold sweat rolled down her face, blotches of black invading her eyes, and she could do little more than whimper as aches crawled up and down her bones, locking in with strong arms and sharp teeth. She wanted something. Needed something.

She felt like she was sick again, only worse than the times she had been sick in her field. In her field, Durkon would just cast a spell and she would be better after a day of Aunt Celia giving her soup. This was horrible. This was her own body rebelling, demanding something that she didn’t know how to give. Hallucinations rippled through her senses like water. The sight of thousands of people staring at her. The scent of flowers, wine, honey, and motherhood tickling the tip of her nose. The salty taste of blood coating her teeth. The feel of an adult’s arms wrapped gently around her torso, his body curled protectively against hers. The sound of someone whispering in her ear about how she would be okay, that it was unpleasant but she would be okay…

Someone tied something around her bicep and there was a sharp pain on the inside of her elbow.

The chills left. So did the weird sensations. She was in the stone room and children were milling towards the door, some still in blankets with needles and some on their beds with swollen bellies.

Swift was sitting next to her, a used needle in his hand. He gingerly put it to the side, taking the rubber band off of Tiasal’s arm.

“Ms. Tsukiko told us to make sure you had your braids…” he mumbled softly, avoiding eye contact and picking up a brush he had laid aside.

Tiasal gave a terse nod, frowning curiously at the needle and turning so the boy could fix her hair.

“D-don’t worry. I gave you a low dosage. Keeps the withdrawal symptoms away but doesn’t make you fuzzy. If you’re good for Master, he’ll keep giving you the doses you need. He… he uses it for the kids who misbehave a lot…”

Tiasal’s frown deepened, and she searched her memory for how she started this needle thing. She couldn’t remember. The night before was just a blur.

That did not bode well.

“And… uh, I have a change of clothes for you…”

Tiasal looked down at her clothes in confusion, noting that the seat of her pants had some white stuff on it. That was weird. Was it flour? No, it wasn’t right for flour…

Suspicion was roused within. She didn’t like this.

Swift tightened her hair before pulling it into the restrictive braids, tying them at the end.

“You should change.”

Tiasal glanced back at him, narrowing her eyes before she took the offered clothes, standing up and changing right there.

“You should be happy, you know. He went easy on you.” Swift subconsciously rubbed his bottom gently. “And, um…” he looked away, mumbling, “be careful when you’re outside tending the courtyard. Some people are a little angry that he hasn’t touched you much.”

Tiasal cocked her head in confusion, then shrugged. She didn’t really care. She wasn’t afraid of the servant kids. (She was a little curious about the touching thing, but oh well. He was probably talking about the beatings.)

“Lord Xykon wishes to see you.”

She nodded absently. It was time for her lessons, anyway. He would probably get her to try slaughtering some of the animals on the edges of the forest. He hopefully had enough sense to not send her deep inside—there were seriously high-powered monsters there. Enough to give the woman with the dragon tattoo trouble.

She concentrated for a moment on the glassy surface of the used syringe on the ground, trying to summon the image of what had occurred the night before. The glass remained reflecting the mundane stone ceiling.

“He’s, uh, in the throne room.”

Tiasal nodded and started towards the door.

“Yesterday was the first time you saw your dad, right?”

Tiasal looked back, frowning, but Swift looked just as shocked as she. Yet he didn’t take back his question.

There was a silence.

She nodded slowly.

Swift bit his lip. “What was it like?”

She was quiet for another long moment before shrugging and turning away.

“Oh.” He looked down. “Well, um, I hope it goes better next time.” Tiasal opened the door and Swift seemed to hesitate. “…I hope it goes better, Deirdre.”

Tiasal took only a moment to glance back confusedly before leaving.

In the back of her head, memories stirred, then lay back dormant.

---

Redcloak took off his bloody shirt, breathing heavily, and placed his hand on his chest. “Cure Serious Wounds.”

As his injuries healed up, he pulled on a different shirt, slipping on his armor over it and clasping his cloak around his neck. He should have expected that Xykon would want him to level-grind after such a long death, but this was a lot for a newly brought-back body to deal with.

Luckily, he was back in his study and was only expected to do paperwork now. Admittedly extremely hard paperwork that included research about how to control a being of pure chaos, but still, papers usually didn’t grow claws and rip people apart. Usually.

He sat down slowly at his desk, frowning at the papers already strewn across it. He had to admit that their ‘host’s’ library was surprisingly expansive—he wondered how books of such rarity came here—but the mere thought of being grateful to the child-raping bastard for anything made his blood boil.

Vaarsuvius, had the elf been there, would have simply blasted the monster, picked up Tiasal, and run away. Redcloak wished he could do that, but he was too caught up with the consequences. Xykon wouldn’t let them get away. Tiasal would be hurt. His daughter would be hurt.

He had to do his best to make sure that that never happened.

Redcloak frowned at the papers, lightly pulling one of them from the pile and scanning it for relevancy. It was about epic-level spells. It was possible that there was something he could use.

He didn’t know how long he was looking through those papers for when he heard someone open the door behind him. He ignored it, figuring it to be Tsukiko and expecting some jibes.

Someone came up on his blind side and set a tray of food carefully on one of the paperless spots. Redcloak shied away in surprise—after all this time working with it, he hated people coming up on his right side—and turned his head to compensate for the lost half of his vision.

He froze.

Tiasal looked up at him, gave a small nod, and turned to leave. He was shocked into stillness so long that she was almost gone.

“Wait!”

She paused and Redcloak jumped up, his heart pounding in his ears and words tumbling out without thought behind them. “Is there anyone waiting for you?”

She hesitated, then made a small ‘I’ve got a minute’ gesture.

Redcloak had no idea what to say, but he kept talking anyway. He wanted her to stay. He wanted to know everything about her life. He didn’t want his baby to leave again. “Have they hurt you?”

Tiasal shrugged and he knelt down slowly, tentatively putting his hands on her little shoulders. She felt so fragile, as if the smallest bit of pressure from him could break her bones to pieces. He wanted to hug her. He wanted to pick her up, put her in his lap, and talk as though he had been there her whole life. He wanted to have those fifteen years with his family that Xykon had stolen.

He couldn’t have that.

“Does it hurt to talk?”

She hesitated.

“…A little.”

Her voice sounded a little like sandpaper, but his heart swelled nonetheless, ears perking to listen harder. It didn’t sound like she spoke a lot. If she used it more often, he didn’t have a doubt that her voice would be beautiful.

“I don’t talk a lot.”

Redcloak nodded, frowning, at a loss for what to say. “Why not?”

She shifted, clasping her hands in front of her. “…” She shrugged. “…I don’t like it when people lie.”

Redcloak cocked his head, a smile flickering over his lips, and he blurted out the first thing to come to his mind. “You sound like your mother.”

Her ears twitched, perking, and swiveled so that they faced him.

“She hated it when people were dishonest. Especially if she couldn’t tell the difference.” Redcloak slowly sat down in a more comfortable position and the little girl crept forward, ears twitching. “It used to drive her crazy when we first met that I treated her civilly while still being an enemy. She thought that I wasn’t making myself easy to categorize.”

Tiasal crept closer.

Redcloak looked her up and down, memories of Vaarsuvius and that one snatch of time he had had with his newborn running through his head. The only two women who had been able to make him cry in his entire adult life.

“I don’t think you like it either. Not being able to categorize me, I mean. You’re like your mother.”

Tiasal sat slowly in his lap, ears swiveling to hear him better. Redcloak’s heart swelled and he loosely wrapped his arms around the little girl, noting that she was tense, but not as tense as she was the moment before.

“Who have you been raised by all these years?”

The girl rolled her shoulders, pulling at her braids uncomfortably. “The Order.”

He nodded slowly. Three humans, a dwarf, and a psychopathic halfling. Not ideal, but definitely better than the alternatives. For non-goblins, they were okay.

He absently pulled her braids loose, letting her hair out in its fluffy glory and running his fingers through it. It was just as soft and fine as Vaarsuvius’s. He missed his wife.

She seemed relieved to have her hair loose again.

“Do they treat you well?”

Tiasal hesitated, studying him, and slowly nodded. “Your eye…”

“Oh, that.” Redcloak turned his head a little so the patch was harder to see. “Don’t worry. I had it before I died. Xykon wanted me to have it again.”

She was quiet, eyes studious.

“Don’t think about it. He just likes being cruel.” Redcloak stroked her hair, running it in between his fingers. It was so soft. Just like her mother’s.

“Who are you?”

Redcloak paused, then blinked in confusion. “I’m… I’m your father.”

“No. Who are you? Not what.”

The goblin frowned thoughtfully, running his fingers through the little girl’s hair.

“The Order never told me.”

Redcloak nodded slowly, trying to think of what to say.

Well, he wasn’t about to lie to his own daughter. He had gotten her in this situation. He owed her the truth. “They probably didn’t want you to think badly of your own father.”

Her ears perked slowly.

“How much did they tell you?”

The door swung open and Tiasal jerked in surprise, Redcloak instinctively tightening his grip firmly around the little girl and looking up, frowning darkly.

His expression got positively vicious when he saw who ambled in slowly.

“Clash, you are slacking.”

Tiasal winced, subconsciously burrowing into Redcloak’s chest and letting out a soft whimper without meaning to. Master leaned on a cane he seemed to have picked up somewhere, frowning disapprovingly at her. “You don’t want to be slacking, do you?”

Redcloak heard the threat in the old man’s voice, a growl beginning deep in his chest.

But he couldn’t do anything. He would scare his daughter and Xykon would set the cleric on her.

Only one thing to do.

He forced a smile, still running his fingers lovingly through purple strands. “I’m sorry, this was my fault. I got a little greedy about spending time with her and wouldn’t let her go. I’m sure that she’ll be excused from any punishment.”

He put an underlying threat to his tone, making sure that the cleric knew that he wasn’t the only one who had power. Redcloak gently brushed his lips against his daughter’s hairline. “Alright, Tiasal. We’ll continue this conversation later, okay?”

She looked up at him, for once not having that studious expression. She blinked her thanks and gave him a tentative smile. “Okay… Dad.”

He bit his lip and ruffled her hair, allowing her to get up and scamper out of the room.

His heart ached and he fought the urge to call her back. He could have all the time he wanted with his little girl when he had figured out how to release Vaarsuvius and escape with her. He had to focus on keeping her safe. He could be separated from her if it meant his baby was safe.

Master turned to go.

“I need to talk to you for a moment.”

The cleric looked at the goblin, frowning, as Redcloak stood up and brushed himself off. The only indicator of Redcloak’s feelings was a hard expression. “Close the door. I don’t want my daughter or any of the children here listening to this.”

The cleric narrowed his eyes, but slowly did as was told, pushing the door closed. “You seemed a little snuggled with her.” A smirk carved itself into his face. “She’s a pretty little girl. Do what you know you want to. Every good father does.”

Redcloak resisted the urge to slash the monster across the face, and instead, he just sneered. “You’re a sick bastard who just deludes himself into thinking that everyone is just as twisted as you.” He crossed his arms, one eye narrowed into a gold chip. “The only reason I’m not going to kill you where you stand is because Xykon would hurt my daughter if I did. But, even with my lengthy death, I’m still a much higher level than you. If you touch her, I will guarantee that you will sincerely regret it.”

The cleric paused, quietly contemplating his cane. For a moment, Redcloak didn’t think he would respond. “She’s a very pretty little girl. Very quiet, though.” He rubbed his chin and the goblin tensed, anticipating something he would get angry at. “The little ones always bleed the first time. Most scream. I don’t think that she will scream. She’ll stay silent and then cry later.” The cleric stroked his cane, beady eyes distant. “She’ll be interesting to break.”

The cleric found himself slammed against the wall and then thrown to the floor, claws slashing straight through his face. He shouted in pain, covering his face but unwilling to heal it just yet for fear of getting his attacker angrier. Redcloak loomed over him, eye glowing furiously and claws dripping with his blood.

“Stay the hell away from my daughter.”

Redcloak slashed with his other hand, crisscrossing his last cuts. The cleric let out a warbling shout, holding his hands to his face and trying to stop the bleeding.

The goblin growled, clamping his hand around the man’s throat and forcing him to stand. “If you touch her, then I will make you pay in blood. Got it?”

Sticky red dripped down the cleric’s face, staining his clothes in macabre punctuation of the real threat the goblin was dealing.

“…I understand.”

“Good.”

Redcloak threw the cleric down. “Get yourself cleaned up. Those kids suffer enough without seeing your bloodied mug looking like it just came out of a horror show.”

He stalked out.

It took a while for the cleric to do the same.

---

Tiasal frowned at the shovel in her hand, then at the giant snow-covered courtyard before dropping her tool. The stone paths were already shoveled, especially around the fountain, and the cleric probably wouldn’t notice if she didn’t do anything.

Instead, she walked into the woods.

Snow clung to the evergreens, and she had to be careful to walk quietly. Extremely high level monsters lurked in the woods, and she had no desire to be eviscerated. It was stupid that she was out here, but she didn’t care. Something was pulling her along.

She came to the edge of a pond, a thin layer of ice on the edges and a thicker layer at the center. She sat at the edge, resting her hand lightly on the top of the thin ice. “Burning Hands.”

Her hands melted through the ice and rested on top of the freezing water in little hand-shaped holes.

“I’m scared to go in.”

The two boys dived under the water, and Tiasal was afraid for a moment that they had drowned, but both came up quickly, flipping their wet hair out of their eyes. Sun filtered through the leaves and lit up the mildly murky water, making her brothers’ chocolate-colored skin glimmer.

“Don’t worry, Tia,” Terentius said, swimming slowly to the edge of the pool and smiling at her. “We won’t let you drown.” He held out a wet hand for his tiny sister to take.

Tiasal hesitated, then slowly pulled off her clothes, letting them drop to the ground, and took her brother’s hand. “What about if you’re not nearby when I’m drowning?”

Octavius backstroked to the middle of the pond, grinning. “We’re your big brothers, you little Oompa Loompa. No matter what mess you get yourself into, we’ll always pull you out.”

Terentius’s eyes sparkled in the sun and he tightened his grip on her hand. “We promise.”

She wasn’t going to see her brothers again.

“Aarindarius?”

The wizard looked up from his book, eyes surprised, at the little girl at his door. She was clothed in a thin lavender nightgown—far too thin for the winter weather—and her ankles were scratched and bleeding from walking in the field barefoot. Tangled purple hair hung ragged around her face, and little dark circles were forming under her eyes.

“It is past midnight, child. You were put to bed over five hours ago.” Aarindarius stood up, frowning. “Why have you come here?”

“…” The little girl shifted, looking at the wall. “…Nightmare.”

The wizard was quiet.

“Oh.” He paused, then gestured her closer. “Well, come sit here.”

She obediently came forward, holding out her arms. The wizard gently picked her up, sitting at his armchair and putting her on his lap. He brushed his lips lightly against the little girl’s green forehead, adjusting so they both were comfortable. “You are safe here.”

Tiasal nodded, resting her head on the wizard’s shoulder and taking a breath of his scent. She knew.

She dozed off in his arms.

When she woke up, she was curled up against her teacher in his bed, and the gentle blush of dawn was only just brushing the sky.

Aarindarius was dead.

“Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are…”

“Sweetie, Tiasal is twelve years old. I think it’s a little late for nursery rhymes.”

Uncle Elan’s eyes were practically glowing. “It’s never too late for song, as my mom always said! Look, she loves it!”

Tiasal smiled endearingly and sat back, waiting for her uncle to sing about the diamonds in the sky.

Uncle Elan was dead.

“You don’t know how to play the lute?”

Tiasal stared at the instrument as if it had grown four legs, then shook her head, looking up at her ten-year-old cousin with a quizzical expression on her face.

“Neither do I. Don’t tell Dad.” Abram made an exaggerated shushing motion, then looked around secretively. “Hey, let’s go make some cookies. I’ll let you eat the dough if you don’t tell Mom about how much I eat.”

Tiasal nodded eagerly and grabbed her cousin’s hand. Abram brightened, glancing around mischievously before leaning down and kissing her cheek. “When you’re all grown up, I’ll keep you hidden up in Aarindarius’s tower, where you’ll have all the cookie dough you can eat. And no one can have you unless they climb the tower.” He pulled her into the kitchen. “And then you’ll marry the first guy that can do that.”

Tiasal grinned. In her youthful mind, little girls grew up to marry their fathers, brothers or cousins. She would be happy if she could marry any of them.

She quietly daydreamed about which of the men she loved would climb the tower first as Abram searched for ingredients.

Abram was dead.

She wouldn’t see Auntie Haley.

Wouldn’t see Uncle Roy.

Not Aunt Celia, not her cousins, not Uncle Belkar, not Uncle Durkon, not Inkyrius, not Blackwing, not O-Chul or Hinjo or Lien …

They were all gone. Well and truly gone.

And she never got to say goodbye.

For a moment, she forgot that they hated her. She forgot the resentment, the comments, and the regret. She only remembered the smiles, the love, the warmth, and the kindness.

Tiasal hugged her knees and started to cry, and one by one, she let her family sink into the pond to disappear under the ice.

All the while, a little girl that only Tiasal could see watched and shook her head.

Thoughts?

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Colossus in the Playground

Do you have to go down the Deirdre path?

I don't think I'm allowed to give anyone anything anymore.
    Uh, Zanaril? Please help me! I had five bottles of the stuff and now I can't stop thinking about doing things with B. Make it stop!
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-02-07 at 12:22 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Does anyone wanna go down the Deirdre path? ITs normally best to let it be in my book
    Last edited by icastflare!; 2010-02-07 at 12:19 AM. Reason: ya'll want a single?
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

14. - Top - End - #44

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Oh, and Valentine's Day is next week...
    As I've been trying to remind everyone.

I had a bit of time. So here is part 2 of “More than Just Duty”:

Spoiler
    Show
    Another goblin uprising crushed. Another successful mission. Once again I would be dead were it not for Sangwaan’s gift of strategy given to her by the gods. How many times has she saved my life now? I am not certain. Only the gods can be sure. My blades are covered in goblin blood. They must be cleaned. I return to the tent. Sangwaan is undressing. Her breasts are so firm and round. I must stop thinking of her this way. Wait, what is that? “You’re injured.” I say as I stare at the arrow wound in her side.
    “It’s not serious like your injuries were.” answers Sangwaan.
    “I have larger hit dice.” I reply, “Part of my duty is to protect you yet more often it is you who protect me. I can still lay on hands. Let me help you.”
    “Very well.” she answers and lifts her arms for better access. I touch her and restore her hit points. Her skin is soft and smooth. I am blushing as I realize how close I am to her breasts. “You still find me attractive.” comments Sangwaan.
    “What?” I say.
    “I’m a diviner.” she answers, “I know how you feel about me, despite how you try to deny it. At first I wasn’t sure if it wasn’t merely a crush. I couldn’t respond as you were still a little young for me. Yet your attraction towards me has only increased. I admire your dedication and strength. I could really benefit from having a girlfriend like you and I believe that you could benefit from having one like me.” She kisses me. Would the gods declare this as wrong if they had made it feel so right?

Sorry that it’s short. I had to write it quickly and I wanted to stop before the next part of the story.

Incidentally Raging Gene Ray, I double checked and it turns out that human starting age for paladins is 15 + 1d6 and for monks is 15 + 2d6, therefore, I don’t think that it is a stretch to say that Miko was in her late teens by the time she was finished training.

15. - Top - End - #45

ClericGuy

Yes, yes she does.

Uh, Zanaril? Please help me! I had five bottles of the stuff and now I can't stop thinking about doing things with B. Make it stop!
    *Whacks Coffee with a very familiar looking 2X4.*
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Do you have to go down the Deirdre path? :
    Of course young padawan.

Sure it was the drinks?
    Evil. Iam diffrent. Have a problem with that...
    My avatars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks To Dashwood for Spider avatar.
    Thanks To Mr Saturn for Goth Man avatar.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

The fact that Xykon called her Deidre doesn't mean it's going to happen that way. It just means he's trying to make it so.

No-one would give me any drugged drink, however much i beg. ;_;

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    IOh, and do scrolls make it so that you don't need to wait to cast something? Like if you had a True Resurrection scroll, you wouldn't need to wait ten minutes casting time?
    Yes.

Thoughts?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Screaming at the window
    Watch me die another day
    Hopeless situation endless price I have to pay

Sanity now it's beyond me there's no choice

Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary I'm here to stay

Manic depression befriends me
    Hear his voice
    Sanity now it's beyond me
    There's no choice

A sickened mind and spirit
    The mirror tells me lies
    Could I mistake myself for someone
    Who lives behind my eyes
    Will he escape my soul
    Or will he live in me
    Is he tryin' to get out or tryin' to enter me

Voices in the darkness
    Scream away my mental health
    Can I ask a question
    To help me save me from myself

Enemies fill up the pages
    Are they me
    Monday till Sunday in stages
    Set me free

A good writer follows the story wherever it goes.

I'm afraid the only way out is through. But if you give him five bottles as well...

...or you could just flash him.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-07 at 04:46 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, and do scrolls make it so that you don't need to wait to cast something? Like if you had a True Resurrection scroll, you wouldn't need to wait ten minutes casting time?
    Judging from the comic, yes.

Here's the page about scrolls.

Thoughts?
    I'm glad that Reddy's capable of handling the cleric, but I can't help but feel that this is going to backfire on him pretty soon. I also have a bad feeling about the whole thing with the drugs.

The flashbacks were really heartbreaking, even though I'm still not certain that they're actually dead.

Not sure what to think about the implication that she was always vaguely attracted to her relatives; I suppose now I can see where Deidre gets it from.

Deirdre's going to be there no matter what path the story takes. But whether or not she takes control in this path is another matter.

I didn't give you anything, those feelings are your own.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-07 at 10:20 AM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

20. - Top - End - #50

BardGirl

At this point, I think she still can jump off the Deirdre path. Granted, it's on the general direction, but there is still at least one fork in the rope that leads to a better ending.

No-one would give me any drugged drink, however much i beg. ;_;
    *has read the first page now* hrm... Well, on VD you can excuse a little Love Potion in your orange juice, can you? I'll go and set the chauldron up in my room (there's a reason that every room got windows, you know...).

The "underage" thing, is it where you live or is it America? If it was where-you-live, i'd be of age, in America I wouldn't...
    Last edited by Eztheria; 2010-02-07 at 06:01 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

I want love potion.

No, don't ask that! Always assume the preferable answer. XP

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

I really liked water-smurf's story. Tiasal finally started to appreciate how people in Ivyleaf were good for her. Unfortunatelly she needed to see first how people can be really bad. I hope she'll learn the difference between someone who really hate her, and when she has just imagined it. I like these flashbacks, especially with Abram, and with Aarindarius . I think I'll register on Deviantart to read previous part, although those white stains on Tia's clothes may be something I don't want to know about .

I also liked Miko's heart, and can't wait for the next part . And KnightMysterio's stories were great, especially scene with singing Snarl made me laugh.

23. - Top - End - #53

Hey, you know what's funny?

When I was younger (About...6-ish), two of my favorite cartoons were Animaniacs and Rocko's Modern Life.

*Looks around Crack Pairings Thread*

In retrospect, that would explain a lot.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Uh. How does that explain anything? XD

25. - Top - End - #55

The "underage" thing, is it where you live or is it America? If it was where-you-live, i'd be of age, in America I wouldn't...
    The site is hosted in America, so you need to follow those laws. And the laws of your country. Use whichever law is stricter.

Hey, you know what's funny?

When I was younger (About...6-ish), two of my favorite cartoons were Animaniacs and Rocko's Modern Life.

*Looks around Crack Pairings Thread*

In retrospect, that would explain a lot.
    That does explain a lot.

Now what's my excuse?
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

...how old do you need to be for stuff in america?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

...how old do you need to be for stuff in america?
    21 I think. Or is that just to buy alcohol?
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    21 I think. Or is that just to buy alcohol?
    21 to buy and technically to drink, but nobody follows those rules.

And Water-Smurf, your PM space is full.

29. - Top - End - #59

Thanks to everyone who helped with the scrolls! :D (Which is the spell that you can cast to resurrect someone from scratch without the body? )

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I find that to be a good thing. Now I won't have to heal up poisoned Water-Smurf (and Coffee) as often.
    I wouldn't be so sure. The wormwood just took a while to kick in. Speaking of which, I think I need a hospital.

Why no, i am not underage. I can drink if i wish too. XP
    Are you twenty-one or do you have permission from your parents?

Thank you.
    First, the picture. It's just a rough sketch so I didn't bother uploading it on DA, but feel free to colour it or whatever. Same goes for my other sketches btw.
    Can I squee loud enough?

By the way, I love Tiasal's outfit. And since I never pay attention to clothes, that's saying something.

Now to the story. It flowed out of my pen and I think I didn't hit our little family there 100%, but...
    Spoiler
    Show

"You again.", said Lee.
    "You're going to be our best customer."
    "Shut up. Go get the splice ready.", Vaarsuvius grumbled. "This time, I will not fail."
    "As you wish."
    Three familiar souls appeared before her. Haerta chuckled. "Ooh, you think you can hold us now?"
    "At least she looks way healthier now!", Jephton interjected.
    "Who has wronged you this time?" Ganonron asked, looking straightly at the elf.
    She didn't answer immediately. She just returned their mocking each with a single, determined gaze.
    "Do you want to destroy something or don't you?", the elf smirked with a raised eyebrow. Then she turned to the three fiends.
    "How long do you want to wait? Your time-stop doesn't hold forever."
    "How inconsiderate of us..."
    Two orbs appeared in front of the wizard.
    "As if you needed to pose the choice." She touched the blue orb.
    Welcome back to the dark side, sister!
    Destroy those that have wronged you!
    Tear everything down!

"Your verbal interjection is unecessary, so do me the favor of shutting up."
    "Time stop ends in 3...", Cedric started.
    Vaarsuvius turned towards the door.
    "Two."
    With each step she took towards it, the counter went down. The moment she touched the handle, Cedric exclaimed "Zero", she felt resistance and opened the door gently. Vaarsuvius looked into Redcloaks shocked face.
    "What in..."
    She passed him and walked into the corridor.
    "I have done what was necessary. I will end it this time, I promise."
    "Wait!" Redcloak turned and tried to grasp her, but by then his love had already muttered a "somethingundefinable teleport" and disappeared.
    "... No..."

Xykon didn't even bother to turn around.
    "You didn't learn ANYTHING in the last 17 years, did you?"
    "Sunblast."
    "Argh! You-"
    "Quickened Time Stop."
    Three souls silently held up a red sign.
    "Quickened Sul'Zalas Buff-pack. Quickened Sul'Zalas Resistance-pack. Delayed Sunblast"
    Three souls silently held up a green sign.
    "-bi- ARGH! Meteor Swarm!"
    In between the distraction caused by the spammed Sunblasts and Meteor Swarms by the two casters neither of the seemed to notice the black-robed, goblinoid adolescent with purple hair that came hurrying into the room.
    For a moment, she couldn't quite grasp what was going on, in the next Xykon held her as a shield in front of him. Now she was eye-to-eye with the strange elven caster that looked so oddly familiar. But it couldn't be. Xykon had confiscated her spellbook. There was no way...
    "Now, you wouldn't hurt your precious bast-"
    "Not my daughter, you BASTARD!", the castress screamed. Tiasals eyes widened.
    "EMPOWERED SUNBLAST!"
    The Lich disintegrated and Tiasal would've made an unpleasant contact with the ground if Vaarsuvius hadn't cast a Feather Fall on her. Their eyes met.
    "Hand over the phylactery, Tiasal."
    "No! You-"
    "Hand it over. Now!"
    "You - You CAN'T be my mother! Whatever you have done to her-"
    "Hand it OVER!"
    "N-Never! Xykon was like a father to me, more than-"
    "SILENCE!"
    Tiasal stared at the woman in front of her. It COULDN'T be Vaarsuvius. It just couldn't be.
    "You... leave me no choice. Believe me, I don't like this... Depowered Astas Shockwave for many Situations!" (A/N: I'm sorry. I needed a name for this one. Will take it out if you don't like ist, Asta Kask.)
    "Ugh!" Tiasal was thrown off her feet.
    "Bigsby's Grasping Hand."
    Again, Tiasal didn't hit the ground or a wall, but she was at that castress' mercy.
    "Learn to know your place, daughter! Trust me, I don't like hurting you..." Vaarsuvius hovered towards her child and took Xykons phylactery from her.
    "Disguisting. Disintegrate."
    Xykon's anchor to the plane of the living cumbled to ashes. Just as the first speck touched the ground, an alarmed Redcloak burst into the room. The wizard released the spell and caught Tiasal in her arms.
    "Vaarsuvius! Tiasal!", Redcloak stormed towards his love and his daughter.
    "It is done.", the former one said calmly.
    He embraced both.
    "What price did you have to pay?" A tear ran down from his remaining eye.
    "A small one compared to what we would've had to pay if I hadn't done it." she gently touched the patch over Redcloaks right eye. "You can heal it now. No one will take it from you ever again. On a lesser related note, are there anny immediate threats it would be prudent to deal with now that I still command over this power?"
    "... No.", Redcloak answered.
    Vaarsuvius released the splices. In front if Tiasal's eyes the castress' aura, which had been tainted black with evil cleared up, the fangs disappeared and the blank white eyes returned to the green ones she had known before. In front of her eyes,, the fiend that had killed her father figure and mentor transformed into the person that had been introduced to her as her mother. Shocked and confused she turned to her 'true' father, Redcloak. The tears that ran down his cheeks were an unfamiliar sight to her, she had never seen him cry. But one thing was sure: The woman was, in fact, her mother. And she had just killed Xykon off for real. Tiasal was overwhelmed by new and surpressed emotions alike. Vaarsuvius turned to her daughter and the helplessly to Redcloak. He just hugged Tiasal closer, smiled, and said: "We have much catching up to do."

Phew!
    Fanfanfiction? *crawls off* *squees in distance*

Do you want critique or should I shut up before I sound pretentious?

Ask that to Tiasal! She's the one deciding!

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Screaming at the window
    Watch me die another day
    Hopeless situation endless price I have to pay

Sanity now it's beyond me there's no choice

Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary I'm here to stay

Manic depression befriends me
    Hear his voice
    Sanity now it's beyond me
    There's no choice

A sickened mind and spirit
    The mirror tells me lies
    Could I mistake myself for someone
    Who lives behind my eyes
    Will he escape my soul
    Or will he live in me
    Is he tryin' to get out or tryin' to enter me

Voices in the darkness
    Scream away my mental health
    Can I ask a question
    To help me save me from myself

Enemies fill up the pages
    Are they me
    Monday till Sunday in stages
    Set me free
    It actually surprises me how much that fits. Incidentally...

Spoiler
    Show
    A thousand tears I have shed
    A million hearts before my very eyes bled
    Broken down to my knees
    The Devil deaf to my merciful pleas

Silver feathers torn to shreds
    Red blood upon my shoulder
    Down on my knees in the depths of hell
    God, have mercy on this fallen angel

I lay me down to sleep
    The Devil has my soul forever to keep
    Freedom's dream is my vice
    But I don't know if I dare pay the price

For what is freedom,
    But a way to weigh you down?
    A match to burning fire
    A cup of water when you drown?

Three tender souls are the cost
    If I walk free their lives forever are lost
    Should I go or stay?
    I just don't know 'cause it's Hell either way

How long in torture must I lie?
    By God, I wish to Hell that angels could die!

God have mercy on me!

Guess what I thought of when I listened to this...

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    I'm glad that Reddy's capable of handling the cleric, but I can't help but feel that this is going to backfire on him pretty soon. I also have a bad feeling about the whole thing the drugs.
    I was wondering if someone would mention the drugs. Yeah, that could be trouble...

The flashbacks were really heartbreaking, even though I'm still not certain that they're actually dead.
    I was wondering if I pulled the 'sad' feel off. I want to give the memories a little life--to say that, yes, she's lost her family and not just a couple mooks--but I'm never sure if I did.

Not sure what to think about the implication that she was always vaguely attracted to her relatives; I suppose now I can see where Deidre gets it from.
    She always did have a vague attraction that wasn't usual for little girls--that came from being cooped up with them and never being allowed outside their land, so there were few other people available to crush on--but that scene was mostly about the traditional little girl 'When I grow up, I wanna marry Daddy!' phase.

Deirdre's going to be there no matter what path the story takes. But whether or not she takes control in this path is another matter.
    Exactly. Tiasal has a predilection for whatever illness she has as Deirdre, and the stress will inevitably trip it. Whether or not she allows it to go on is up to her and the people around her.

Quote Originally Posted by half-halfling View Post
    I think I'll register on Deviantart to read previous part, although those white stains on Tia's clothes may be something I don't want to know about .
    *hands over Brain Bleach* You'll need it.

And Water-Smurf, your PM space is full.
    Blasted PM limits...

Oh, and I recently listened to this on my iPod...

Spoiler
    Show
    Blue sky to forever,
    the green grass blows in the wind, dancing
    It would be a much better sight
    With you, with me
    If you hadn't met me
    I'd be fine on my own, baby
    I never felt so lonely
    Then you came along

So now what should I do
    I'm strung out, addicted to you
    My body aches
    Now that you're gone
    My supply fell through

You gladly gave me everything you had and more
    You craved my happiness
    When you make me feel joy it made you smile, but now
    I feel your stress
    Love was never meant to be such a crazy affair, no
    And who has time for tears
    Never thought I'd sit around and cry for your love,
    'Till now...

When sung, I thought the singer was talking to the guy she had sex with.

Turns out it was about her father. Guess who I thought of?
    Last edited by Water-Smurf; 2010-02-07 at 10:28 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NemoUtopia View Post
    In terms of grammar, commas are the bane of my existence...I tend to overuse, which is sometimes worse than under. I can't shake thinking of commas as short pauses AND subject changes or additions. That's its own thing.
    I do the same thing! I always think that overusing commas is better than underusing, though. At least when someone overuses commas or other punctuation, you know they're at least TRYING to use proper grammar, vs someone who has no punctuation and shortens words like "because" to "b/c".
    The index: The original Ctrl F.
    ------------------------------------------

Avatar done by the lovely and talented Serpentine!!