New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Yeah, fine, fine. Just know nothing you have except maybe an Ice type legendary could ever take my Mence.

Comprende?

And that's why I don't like the metagame in pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE SWEET CARPENTER BABY IS A BEARTIC!?!
    He's a pokemon in Black and White, the newest generation. Deal with it *ice rolls*

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    And that's why I don't like the metagame in pokemon
    Why, because you LOSE!!!?

(I love you LaZ.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

3. - Top - End - #483

Why, because you LOSE!!!?

(I love you LaZ.)
    No, because it forces you to use legendaries, and some stuff is just clearly better then others and that's a sign of bad balance. Case in point, Garnomnomnom eats everything.

Also, from my understanding, Walrien with thick fat says "no" to your Salamance.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-08-21 at 10:21 PM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Banned

Now, because it forces you to use legendaries, and some stuff is just clearly better then others and that's a sign of bad balance. Case in point, Garnomnomnom eats everything.
    Not to mention most legendaries are banned anyway, even if they're the only thing that can stand a chance against the overpowered kings of the metagame.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Now, because it forces you to use legendaries, and some stuff is just clearly better then others and that's a sign of bad balance. Case in point, Garnomnomnom eats everything.
    Forces legendaries? No, no, no. Only if you're playing in the Uber tier. It's not like all legendaries are good anyway. The legendary dog trio, for example, is terribad. Except Suicune. And on that note, my Suicune, the take that it is, kills Garnomnomnom.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Uhh... there are a lot of better ways to impress such people.
    Yes. I hesitated over using 'impress', since it wasn't what I meant quite, but I couldn't think of a better word.

I'm all in for preparation, but isn't that a little early, and in the sense of: At that age you don't even get to know what all the possible options are, what careers really mean and if the higher levels are fun (I don't mean that you are good at them) or absolute drag which you excel, but you wouldn't do even if paid.
    See the 'seriously' part? That's what I meant. Before that I was doing all the fun ideas, since then I've been considering everything you just listed.

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    From a philosophical perspective, it is interesting to consider whether a thing which has no inherent meaning in the abstract, but which is treated as meaningful by an overwhelming majority of the social authorities, has in fact become meaningful through this collusion, or if it only proves that all of the social authorities are equally wrong (and able to maintain authority in spite of their wrongness). I have pretty firmly made up my mind as to which, but it is still neat to consider the two possible perspectives.

Oooh...there's a story there, I'm sure, should you ever feel moved to share it.
    It loses meaning the second you get out of academics, is my point, as pretty much anyone will tell you, your skills, ability with people, and all that soon eclipse whatever you managed to score on a test years ago.

I consider it to be an insult. End of story.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487

Forces legendaries? No, no, no. Only if you're playing in the Uber tier. It's not like all legendaries are good anyway. The legendary dog trio, for example, is terribad. Except Suicune. And on that note, my Suicune, the take that it is, kills Garnomnomnom.
    Understandable. Still though, I think Pokemon could use some balancing

Which reminds me, I've already got a team to beat up the single battle subway, but you're apparently a super baller at it, so give me a team to beat the Double Battle Subway. However, it must have the following stipulations!

1: No legendaries
    2: Must use a pokemon from each region. This will leave one of the regions out, unfortunately, but such is life.

Get too it! Please and thank you.

Also, hugs for Moonie! *hugs*
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-08-21 at 10:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

GET ON AIM OR THE CHAT AND STOP TALKING ABOUT THE NEW YUGIOH CARDS THAT SOMEHOW WOUND UP AS POKEMON. There is a SARCOPHOGUS POKEMON. At least magnamite was kinda cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    It loses meaning the second you get out of academics, is my point, as pretty much anyone will tell you, your skills, ability with people, and all that soon eclipse whatever you managed to score on a test years ago.
    Working hard for school is something I want to try this year, but already my workload is large and its only the second day back. Three classes rely heavily on online tools to get class-things done, they only assign homework through it, lectures are on youtube and notes on them are homework, blah. Its weird and silly.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

-snip-
    Doubles? Doubles is nasty.

And yeah, I guess Walrein would stand up to Mence ... but ... Eh. Outrage would hit first and Mence should be able to take one hit from a non-meta'd out Walrein. Two Outrages should bring it down.

10. - Top - End - #490

GET ON AIM OR THE CHAT AND STOP TALKING ABOUT THE NEW YUGIOH CARDS THAT SOMEHOW WOUND UP AS POKEMON. There is a SARCOPHOGUS POKEMON. At least magnamite was kinda cute.
    You only like Magnemite because of the nostalgia factor

Doubles? Doubles is nasty.

And yeah, I guess Walrein would stand up to Mence ... but ... Eh. Outrage would hit first and Mence should be able to take one hit from a non-meta'd out Walrein. Two Outrages should bring it down.
    My request still stands, MetatlanteanTroll

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

My request still stands, MetatlanteanTroll
    I can't help you with doubles, as I don't play doubles, as I find it ridiculous. Sorry. :/

12. - Top - End - #492

Working hard for school is something I want to try this year, but already my workload is large and its only the second day back. Three classes rely heavily on online tools to get class-things done, they only assign homework through it, lectures are on youtube and notes on them are homework, blah. Its weird and silly.
    Try having 12 credits of senior technical electives and a senior project to do. I'm almost glad my wife is working out of state right now since she will be less of a distraction that way. Then again, I am frequently distracted by her absence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

13. - Top - End - #493

I can't help you with doubles, as I don't play doubles, as I find it ridiculous. Sorry. :/
    That's ok. *Spins away*

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

That's ok. *Spins away*
    *watches*

She isn't stopping... WE'RE STILL IN THE DREAM!
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

15. - Top - End - #495

*watches*

She isn't stopping... WE'RE STILL IN THE DREAM!
    *wobbles a bit, then it fades to black*

BAHAHA, now you'll NEVER KNOW! #good_film_making

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That's ok. *Spins away*
    Zodi. Check the Media section.

17. - Top - End - #497

Zodi. Check the Media section.
    Why? Just curious

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Why? Just curious
    Something of interest.

19. - Top - End - #499

Something of interest.
    If you mean the Nintendo Power thing all I've got to say about that is "every time you shorten magazine into 'zine', I have to fight a tiger to death"

And those are ENDAGERED you know.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

If you mean the Nintendo Power thing all I've got to say about that is "every time you shorten magazine into 'zine', I have to fight a tiger to death"

You could always switch over to fighting a jaguar to death. Those are less endangered.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

This made me laugh. That might be the most brilliant guilt trip I've ever seen. =3
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

I am not going to post on the Sandswept forums anymore. "Why Uncle Maxios?" you might ask. The answer is simple: too many jackasses. Earlier, I mentioned all the projects I'm writing and this one...man... Makes this really rude comment about how if my normal writing is like my webcomic then I should really read books on how to write. Then this other guy, this real arrogant son of a...person said "agreed".
    Excuse me? I've been writing my entire damn life and these two teenage idiots try to tell me I don't know a single damn thing about writing ? I am normally a really mellow guy, but if this idiot said this to me in RL, it would take all of my willpower to not break his nose.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-08-21 at 11:48 PM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

23. - Top - End - #503

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    You could always switch over to fighting a jaguar to death. Those are less endangered.
    Yha, but jaguars are awesome. Tiger's are much more manly to fight. I could go for cougers I guess, but those are also endangered I think. Also, those exist where I live, so I don't want to make them mad. They might attack me while I'm at my weakest.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    I am not going to post on the Sandswept forums anymore. "Why Uncle Maxios?" you might ask. The answer is simple: too many jackasses. Earlier, I mentioned all the projects I'm writing and this one...man... Makes this really rude comment about how if my normal writing is like my webcomic then I should really read books on how to write. Then this other guy, this real arrogant son of a...person said "agreed".
    Excuse me? I've been writing my entire damn life and these two teenage idiots try to tell me I don't know a single damn thing about writing ? I am normally a really mellow guy, but if this idiot said this to me in RL, it would take all of my willpower to not break his nose.
    Don't let it get you man.

24. - Top - End - #504

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I think Cougars are positively rampant in some parts of the world. Fight them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Well, before you go all postal on them, make sure you aren't getting worse as time goes on. Some comic writers do that and then go postal when people mention it. You probably aren't, and have good reason to go postal on them, but double check to be sure. I would hate to see you become arrogant and self absorbed.

Not that I have room to talk. I am fairly certain I write on a 3rd grade level.

Edit: According to wikipedia cougars are least concerned. Meaning they are only as endangered as the Earth. Them living in your neck of the woods is both a benefit and a downside. They are easier to get at when you need to fight one to the death, but harder to get away from when you want peace and quiet.
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2012-08-21 at 11:59 PM.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

25. - Top - End - #505

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    I think Cougars are positively rampant in some parts of the world. Fight them.
    Kinda beat you to it there chap. Also beat you to mentioning I beat you to it. I r the greatest of ninjas *vanishes

Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-08-21 at 11:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

yuk Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

I'm not going to reply to them. There 's two reasons why this jerk got to me:

One: He's like my evil first grade teacher. Shrew of a woman, and sexist to boot.

Two: he's posted some of his writings in the past and they are bad. Really, really bad and yet he has the audacity to say I'm a ••••ty writer?

Three: I have no intention of ever becoming arrogant. I was once arrogant long again, and I quickly realized it brought me nothing but problems
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-08-22 at 12:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

Yha, but jaguars are awesome. Tiger's are much more manly to fight. I could go for cougers I guess, but those are also endangered I think. Also, those exist where I live, so I don't want to make them mad. They might attack me while I'm at my weakest.
    Umm... The only other species of big cat I can think of that isn't endangered is the Lynx...
    But they live in Canada as well.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

28. - Top - End - #508

Kinda beat you to it there chap. Also beat you to mentioning I beat you to it. I r the greatest of ninjas *vanishes

But you didn't beat me to finding that cougars are totally not endangered.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Red Dead Redemption has given me an intense fear/hatred of cougars. Friggin' cougars, killing my horses...
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-08-22 at 12:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    But you didn't beat me to finding that cougars are totally not endangered.
    Everyone knows that. They're only endangered East of the Mississippi.

Dragons!