New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 136 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243444546476287 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Myou View Post
    If the price for all but DStP is anything to go by, then about $220.
    Although buying them each individually seems cheaper for some reason.
    Looking at Ookadook, it would probably cost about $192 or so shipped for all 7 books, if they were all in stock. But you're also getting multiple PDF stories, plus a limited edition magnet, and the warm fuzzy feeling of helping get all of these reprinted and back in stock, both at the warehouse and in retail stores.

It was mentioned a few pages back as well that there are some price discrepancies that don't match up across the various pledge levels, but can be attributed to the fact that pledge levels can't be altered once created. I think it's pretty clear that this has ended up being a much larger success, and quite a bit more work, than the Giant expected, so he may just not have made sure that everything was perfectly balanced when putting up pledge levels.
    Last edited by bjornthedwarf; 2012-01-30 at 07:44 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Just passed the $255,000 mark, which means DStP will be added to reward packages. I bet there are dozens of OoTSers online refreshing frantically to try to grab the autographed copies!

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoWize View Post
    Just passed the $255,000 mark, which means DStP will be added to reward packages. I bet there are dozens of OoTSers online refreshing frantically to try to grab the autographed copies!
    Well then, they're going to be refreshing a lot, 'cause the Giant said not to expect updates or e-mail responses, etc., until after the comic for today is up.
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, adding up the prices on Ookoodook, "Up to the Split" seems to be about $50 higher than buying all the books individually.

($192 vs. $140.70).

Of course, only 3 of those books are even in stock, and it doesn't factor in shipping.

I became a backer at $25 since I already own all the books. I'm really pumped to see how high we can go. We just hit the Don't Split the Party line, so I anticipate seeing it spike even higher.

P.S. Ninjaed by Bjorn
    Last edited by Joran; 2012-01-30 at 08:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    You know, maybe that could be reward #3: Wampax's Tale. Illustrated with crayon drawings.

Grey Wolf
    Despite the fact it would be awesome to have The Giant record the tale of the origin of the Playground (and that I would have had a hand in crafting it) the tale itself would have limited appeal beyond the message board and I don't think we could get the permission of all the former mods to use their names (not owned by the Giant) and stickified likenesses (all crafted by the Giant, but not all properties he may wish to involve in a parody).

But its also fun just building it out here. Letting it all unfold as the thread dictates. Heck, its the first thing that has caused me to change my signature since I signed up.
    Last edited by WampaX; 2012-01-30 at 08:10 PM.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

6. - Top - End - #1086

Quote Originally Posted by keldorn View Post
    Oh well, I couldn't wait that long. Here are the current top 15 projects in terms of money including both completed and open projects.

1. $942,578 Design
    2. $938,771 Design
    3. $830,827 Technology
    4. $735,802 (and growing) Design
    5. $556,541 Technology
    6. $486,518 Design
    7. $369,569 Design
    8. $364,698 Design
    9. $345,992 Film and Video
    10. $306,944 Design
    11. $281,989 Design
    12. $273,725 Film and Video
    13. $262,351 Technology
    14. $259,293 Technology
    15. $257,307 Food
    And now we've just broken into the top 15. Hooray!
    Last edited by Yendor; 2012-01-30 at 09:59 PM.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I wonder if I could substitute OtOoPCs and SoD for Don't Split the Party on that $192 pledge.... I already have both prequels, but I'd like everything else (it seems DStP is available now, right?).

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Because this isn't a store. It's a donation drive. You're not buying the books, you're getting a reward for donating. You're paying more, or else this isn't a donation drive.

Trying to treat this like a straight sale "I'm buying these books for $X" is probably not a good idea.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Seiryu View Post
    I wonder if I could substitute OtOoPCs and SoD for Don't Split the Party on that $192 pledge.... I already have both prequels, but I'd like everything else (it seems DStP is available now, right?).
    Probably better to just wait for the next round of rewards to be officially added tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ettin in the Playground

And that's including Start of Darkness and Origin of PCs right?

200 bucks isn't that bad. Might up my pledge if that becomes one of the reward levels.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, it looks like we'll be having all the books after all! Based on the popularity of the Up to the Split package, I expect the predicted all book category will become one of the largest pledge levels by money.

Before the new rewards get added, here's an updated chart: These measurements were recorded when the number of total backers was 4,250 (a nice round number, and approximately 500 more than my last measurement).

I'll leave the hourly growth figures to someone else - I'm not tracking that.

Spoiler
    Show
    {TABLE]Level|Backers|Money|Percent Backers|Percent Money
    $10|1,171|$11,710|27.5%|4.56%
    $14|305|$4,270|7.17%|1.66%
    $25|363|$9,075|8.54%|3.53%
    $26|176|$4,576|4.14%|1.78%
    $29|38|$1,102|0.89%|0.42%
    $35|200|$7,000|4.70%|2.72%
    $37|22|$814|0.51%|0.31%
    $38|25|$950|0.58%|0.37%
    $42|22|$924|0.51%|0.36%
    $45|368|$16,560|8.65%|6.45%
    $50|25|$1,250|0.58%|0.48%
    $52|30|$1,560|0.70%|0.60%
    $57|30|$1,710|0.70%|0.66%
    $60|25|$1,500|0.58%|0.58%
    $61|77|$4,679|1.81%|1.82%
    $62|30|$1,860|0.70%|0.72%
    $65|15|$975|0.35%|0.38%
    $67|316|$21,172|7.43%|8.25%
    $68|283|$19,244|6.65%|7.50%
    $79|99|$7,821|2.32%|3.04%
    $83|25|$2,075|0.58%|0.80%
    $84|9|$756|0.21%|0.29%
    $87|74|$6,438|1.74%|2.51%
    $92|35|$3,128|0.82%|1.21%
    $94|153|$14,382|3.60%|5.60%
    $96|30|$2,880|0.70%|1.12%
    $100|10|$1,000|0.23%|0.38%
    $192|172|$33,024|4.04%|12.8%
    $240|15|$3,600|0.35%|1.40%
    $250|50|$12,500|1.17%|4.87%
    $262|30|$7,860|0.70%|3.06%
    $600|5|$3,000|0.11%|1.16%
    $1,250|3|$3,750|0.07%|1.46%
    $5,000|1|$5,000|0.02%|1.94%[/TABLE]
    Lines in bold are limited rewards.

No Level: 18 (0.42% of backers)
    Above Level: $42,838 (16.7% of funds)

The $192 'Up to the Split' package remains the largest money-maker - almost $10,000 dollars worth of new pledges were Up to the Split packages (10.6% of all new pledges since the last chart were this level).

The number of no-reward pledges has also grown slightly out of proportion to the growth of the pledge number as a whole, although it's possible that some of them will switch to a single DStP if it was the reason they pledged.

The percentage of backers at the base level has actually fallen; this may be due to existing backers upgrading their pledges to push the total over the dotted line, or for some other reason. The average pledge is now $60.33, up only slightly from the previous $60.12; the average pledge excluding the top 9 people is $57.70.

A couple of miscellaneous statistical factoids:

• The largest growth occurred at the $192 level, which experienced ~42% growth between measurements; over this period the total number of backers increased by ~13%.
    • Both the percentage of no-reward backers and the amount of money not directly associated to a reward level have 42 in them.
    • The least popular non-limited reward level is still $84, which actually decreased by 1 pledge.
    • The highest single backer is funding approximately 2% of the drive; the lowest single backer is probably funding approximately 0.003%.
    • At this point you'd basically have to be insane to pledge less than $10 considering how much you get for that $10.

Projections:

If every backer currently at the Up to the Split level changes up to get DStP (assuming it costs an extra ~$30 to do so) the total pledge will increase by approximately $5,000. Assuming a new autograph level is also added at +$30 from the previous all books level, this will be about $6,000 worth of upgrades - almost enough to fund the limited release on its own.

Since DStP has been available rather recently, I expect that the increase from its new reward levels will be less than previous books; however, backers upping their pledges to get to mystery prize #3 might compensate for that.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

I would love to get my hands on all 7 books while donating to the cause (can't get any of them locally)

Since "Don't Split the Party" looks likely to hit the re-print mark, may I suggest a pledge level similar to the $94 one? (I wanted to pledge to that amount but it didn't include Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales)

I.E Pick any two color compilation books (Dungeon Crawlin' Fools, No Cure for the Paladin Blues, War and XPs, Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales, Don't Split The Party) and any one prequel book (On the Origin of PCs or Start of Darkness). Then add $30 for every extra compilation you want to add and $16 for every extra prequel, up to a total of 7 books
    Last edited by Terribad; 2012-01-30 at 10:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terribad View Post
    I would love to get my hands on all 7 books while donating to the cause (can't get any of them locally)

Since "Don't Split the Party" looks likely to hit the re-print mark, may I suggest a pledge level similar to the $94 one? (I wanted to pledge to that amount but it didn't include Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales)
    Since my research shows that the $94 level is abnormally popular for its price range, I expect that a fair number of people would be interested in a variant including DStP and/or SSaDT. Most people planning on getting all of the books would probably just go for an Up to the Split variant, however.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

I wonder if you can account for the extra amounts people pledge for the Add-ins at a level? I know I have extra for add-ins plus some extra for future upgrade plan.

Oh and someone above said Rich was not planning on posting new levels til tomorrow. Is that for sure? I have been staying up in the hopes of getting in on some of the new stuff.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

You have to wonder about the viability of more and more reward packages that include SSaDT though, I mean it was a limited print run (Rich said at the time that once they sell out "it will never be reprinted again", Lots of them are being given as pledge rewards already, and its still abailable for sale on the Ookoodook site (as of right now.) Whilw I wouldnt expect Rich or Okoodook to give us exact stock levels, I think its a safe bet that if you want one you should grab it now!

16. - Top - End - #1096

So, I just did some quick (and not-terribly-justifiable) calculations: assuming that each week of the Kickstarter earns only half of what the week before it did, we'll still break well past $400,000 by the end. Is that cool, or what?
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by bluewurm View Post
    While I wouldnt expect Rich or Okoodook to give us exact stock levels, I think its a safe bet that if you want one you should grab it now!
    Agreed, just put in my pledge for "Up to the Split". Hopefully there will be an option to upgrade my pledge to include DStP!

18. - Top - End - #1098

biggrin Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    And now we've just broken into the top 15. Hooray!
    Woohoo! We're awesome!

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

This is probably a really dumb question and may have been addressed in the 37 pages on this thread (and if that's the case, just link me there); if I were to throw in a $10 donation now, would I get the listed $10 pledge plus Julio Scoundrél AND Dim Sun AND whatever Mystery Prize #3 should it be reached, or would I only get the listed pledge plus MP3? Basically, are the Mystery Prizes bonuses for people who have already pledged or are they added incentive for new people to start pledging?

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGoomba View Post
    This is probably a really dumb question and may have been addressed in the 37 pages on this thread (and if that's the case, just link me there); if I were to throw in a $10 donation now, would I get the listed $10 pledge plus Julio Scoundrél AND Dim Sun AND whatever Mystery Prize #3 should it be reached, or would I only get the listed pledge plus MP3? Basically, are the Mystery Prizes bonuses for people who have already pledged or are they added incentive for new people to start pledging?
    We don't know anything about Mystery Prize #3, but you'll get all PDFs if you pledge $10. Including stories with characters chosen by the three $1,250 backers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seiryu View Post
    If you want DStP instead of the prequels, you mean "substitute Don't Split the Party for OtOoPCs and SoD". The thing you substitute is the thing you put in, not the thing you take out.

Sorry, misuse of "substitute" is a pet peeve of mine. Like misuse of "comprise" or people writing "ect."
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Dwarf in the Playground

And there went $260K. I'm starting to hope we'll have enough for the limited run of DStP before the rewards even get announced...!

23. - Top - End - #1103

I just went throught the Kickstarter "Most Funded" lists. It appears that this OotS fundraiser is currently the 13th most funded project ever...and we still have 21 days to go.

EDIT: Never mind, this was mentioned just a few posts ago.
    Last edited by Timeless Error; 2012-01-31 at 12:22 AM.
    Hi!
    --Timeless Error, Emerald Knight and Champion of Green in the Playground

A lot of clutter used to be here. Now it's here. Please click the link and read my extended signature!

Thanks to the amazing Aruius for my excellent Emerald Knight in Action avatar!

Legend, an awesome RPG. 1.0 now out!

24. - Top - End - #1104

BarbarianGuy

Well as much as I would love to pledge more, I can't. However I did add a comment to my google+ about OoTS and the Pledge Drive. Hope that helps spread the word some.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I would wish I was able to pledge, I want those prequel books, but sadly no credit card means no mean to pledge. Could anyone help me with this?

I mean I wish to give the giant money, I'm just not able to give a creditcard since I don't own one, nor know anyone who does.

Does anybody else have this problem?
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

26. - Top - End - #1106

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    I would wish I was able to pledge, I want those prequel books, but sadly no credit card means no mean to pledge. Could anyone help me with this?

I mean I wish to give the giant money, I'm just not able to give a creditcard since I don't own one, nor know anyone who does.

Does anybody else have this problem?

I do in fact have this problem. Not working so no credit card any more. However, one of those Visa gift cards works for the pledge. Which is what I did. Just have to remember to go to the website listed on the card to register it with your name and address and what not. That or you can go to the bank and get one of those pre-paid credit cards or what ever they are called and but what ever amount of money you want on the card.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Duskranger, isn't there a "top up" style card you can put cash on in a shop and then use it online up to the amount of money you put on it?
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

I connected via amazon... They don't have a PayPal option? I know PayPal can go directly to a bank account.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Balain View Post
    I do in fact have this problem. Not working so no credit card any more. However, one of those Visa gift cards works for the pledge. Which is what I did. Just have to remember to go to the website listed on the card to register it with your name and address and what not. That or you can go to the bank and get one of those pre-paid credit cards or what ever they are called and but what ever amount of money you want on the card.
    Apparantly those are not available in the Netherlands, or I just failed my Google-Fu. Just when I got happy

Edit: Nope closest is Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    Duskranger, isn't there a "top up" style card you can put cash on in a shop and then use it online up to the amount of money you put on it?
    Don't know, maybe you can tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    I connected via amazon... They don't have a PayPal option? I know PayPal can go directly to a bank account.
    I know, but Paypal is nto allowed according to me. And yes I can put in money on paypal, or go the credticard like route from there (sadly PayPal is not supported).
    Last edited by Duskranger; 2012-01-31 at 01:49 AM.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

I couldn't find any cards from the Netherlands but Here's a quick rundown of prepaid credit cards in the UK, to give you an idea of what to look for.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper