New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1447
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Mass Effect Andromeda: To Boldly Go

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This happened to me too - amusingly, it was the mission where you run into none other than Zaeed's son - he's out in the desert Rorshaching all the Kett single-handedly and sends you to go pick off their bases around Eos. One such base is right next door, and the Kett decided to pay us a visit while I was mid conversation. Made me wish they had taken a page from the Inquisition playbook to let us drop conversations at a moment's notice if we want.
    Eh, I'd settle for damage immunity, or their 'perceptiveness' temporarily being set to 0. Though I suppose both could cause bugs.

Just finished the game [Also, finding your first Architect not on Eos is a bit of a sequence break, but it seems common and is annoying due to how much more they play up the Eos one. That said, key tip. Almost kill all 3 legs first. Extends the first phase, while making the sequentially harder later ones a breeze... Particularly if you get them close enough for a single clip kill.]

Anyhow, for your big choice for the endgame:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yea. Same choice as 1. Come on guys.

That said, anyone pick Morda? I was really tempted to just for the lols. Ended up giving it to the Moshae, but that might be the Australian in me. Bradly was meh and giving it to the other Pathfinder felt iffy. I wasn't just gonna roll over for Tann, particularly for how much he's grated me and for how little the others recommend her.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2017-04-15 at 12:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    Eh, I'd settle for damage immunity, or their 'perceptiveness' temporarily being set to 0. Though I suppose both could cause bugs.

Just finished the game [Also, finding your first Architect not on Eos is a bit of a sequence break, but it seems common and is annoying due to how much more they play up the Eos one. That said, key tip. Almost kill all 3 legs first. Extends the first phase, while making the sequentially harder later ones a breeze... Particularly if you get them close enough for a single clip kill.]

Anyhow, for your big choice for the endgame:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yea. Same choice as 1. Come on guys.

That said, anyone pick Morda? I was really tempted to just for the lols. Ended up giving it to the Moshae, but that might be the Australian in me. Bradly was meh and giving it to the other Pathfinder felt iffy. I wasn't just gonna roll over for Tann, particularly for how much he's grated me and for how little the others recommend her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I gave it to the Moshae, because the Angarans needed a voice. My brother gave it to Morda, because it was such a hilariously bad idea he couldn't not.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I gave it to the Moshae, because the Angarans needed a voice. My brother gave it to Morda, because it was such a hilariously bad idea he couldn't not.
    Spoiler
    Show

Honestly, I have a feeling that if you do, they find some reason to take it from her in 2, the same way Anderson suddenly lost councilership in 3 because they decided they needed Udina in that role.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Played a bit more last night and this morning, started on whatsit the jungle planet. Let's just call it Discount Pandora, but with the lighting scheme of The Library from Halo. Which isn't a complaint, it generally looks mighty fine. I like the much more confined, on foot nature of the place too, which allows the level designers to have some fun. It's not that Knockoff Hoth was flat, just that all the bits where I got out of the Nomad were, in fact, pretty flat.

One thing I'm definitely noticing is that the loot in this game is boring. I mean I go poking around a level, jetpacking into slightly inaccessible locations a bit off the beaten path, and find a nice shiny loot box. In which there's some vendor trash, and maybe a couple of crafting supplies. Never the ones I actually need. I mean in pretty much any RPG, at least 95% of the loot is useless, but this is so uniformly dull on top of that. And because most enemies don't drop their guns when killed, coupled with the generic universal ammo system, there's basically never a reason to swap my weapons for one I've found.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    One thing I'm definitely noticing is that the loot in this game is boring. I mean I go poking around a level, jetpacking into slightly inaccessible locations a bit off the beaten path, and find a nice shiny loot box. In which there's some vendor trash, and maybe a couple of crafting supplies. Never the ones I actually need. I mean in pretty much any RPG, at least 95% of the loot is useless, but this is so uniformly dull on top of that. And because most enemies don't drop their guns when killed, coupled with the generic universal ammo system, there's basically never a reason to swap my weapons for one I've found.
    I ultimately feel that's intentional. Mind you some of the perks you get from AVP produce hidden caches appearing planets, and those can have some interesting things in them. The loot you really want will be the weapon mods, and more importantly the crafting augments.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon View Post
    I ultimately feel that's intentional. Mind you some of the perks you get from AVP produce hidden caches appearing planets, and those can have some interesting things in them. The loot you really want will be the weapon mods, and more importantly the crafting augments.
    Which is sort of fine, except it's a huge amount of slightly boring busywork. That, and the crafting system flat-out discourages playing around with the different gun types, because the research costs get so high, and what a person can build ends up very easily resource gated. I should really be working on upgrading my current crop of guns to level 4 about now, which basically shuts me out of exploring a whole lot of options. Which is too damn bad, because I suspect there's a lot of cool stuff I haven't even tried yet.

It's just sort of weird that 'what gun do you use' is one of the more binding build choices I've made.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Spamalot in the Playground

I think the research constraints on the R&D system are more to give you a reason for that NG+ playthrough. That is, I'm assuming gear and research carry over along with levels.

I don't have a problem with the chests. Generally, I'm excited when I get guns and armor pieces I don't want, because I just salvage the lot, and they're an excellent source of Vanadium. It's the weapon mods I hate - can't salvage them, they take up space, and I have to manually remember to sell them when they pile up - especially for gun types I have no desire to use.

In other news, I completed Liam's loyalty today. I can see why people want him to get acquainted with the nearest airlock That mission was a headache in more ways than one.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

I think the research constraints on the R&D system are more to give you a reason for that NG+ playthrough. That is, I'm assuming gear and research carry over along with levels.
    I've never really liked games that design themselves around improving the second playthrough at the expense of the first. Just seems bass-ackwards to me, you've gotta make the game worth playing once to be worth playing twice. Obviously slightly onerous research-gating does not make a game not worth playing, but it's an annoying attitude. I'm far more likely to replay an entirely choice-free game that is really excellent than I am one that cripples itself just to make sure I don't see everything the first time through.

I don't have a problem with the chests. Generally, I'm excited when I get guns and armor pieces I don't want, because I just salvage the lot, and they're an excellent source of Vanadium. It's the weapon mods I hate - can't salvage them, they take up space, and I have to manually remember to sell them when they pile up - especially for gun types I have no desire to use.
    I don't have a problem with them exactly. They're just not as interesting as they could be. I am definitely disappointed in the loot for killing bosses though; I mean I got better junk from a chest than I did from beating the Architect on Voeld. C'mon, gimme a gun - preferably one I couldn't craft yet - even if it's not one I want, I'll at least appreciate the gesture.

In other news, I completed Liam's loyalty today. I can see why people want him to get acquainted with the nearest airlock That mission was a headache in more ways than one.
    Man, I shoved Liam wherever the hell he goes on the Tempest as soon as I had another possible companion, and I'm gonna keep him in storage there for the rest of the game. I took an immediate liking to Gil, since he seemed to be the only person who would actually comment on what an enormous prong Liam is.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Mhmm.

At least with Peebee, there's a reason you're stuck with her inane plan on her Loayalt mission. Liam's mission is just plain stupid, particularly since you bring up calling for strike teams instead and he overrules you... The pathfinder.
    Then again, he's just stupid, given how he acts in a combat zone. Crises responder my ass.

I should have a New+ started today, and I'll let people know what caries over.

Oh, as for research, I just have 3 APEX teams constantly doing missions, focusing on the research ones. I'm generally pretty set and can occasionally change weapons.

Spoiler: Order in which I prefer Squadmates.
    Show

Cora: My favourite personally. Also useful in that she disrupts enemies well, is good at not dying (especially later), and monsters seem to only insta-gib the player 99% of the time. I think I've seen my squadmates killed by fiends using their kill animation twice though, once for Cora and once for Jaal.
    Oh, she can also restore Health, and that's really helpful if you use the Bioconverters on you Remnant/Vintage Clip weapons so you can just keep firing.

Vetra: Second favourite, and more likable early on I found before Cora comes into her own as relationships progress. Doesn't set up or detonate unless you spec for it, so it's something you can mostly ignore for her, a solid supporting character that you can ignore 9 times out of 10.

Drack/Jaal: Mostly tied, I might like Jaal a little more though... Unsure. About as useful as each other combat wise, though I'm endlessly amused that Jaal specs towards melee/close range while carrying a sniper rifle. That said, most of Drack's speck is Anti-Armor, and I rarely need that, though he is better than Jaal at stabbing things because his AI makes him actually go up and bash things instead of Jaal's, which plays like a sniper.

Peebee: Alternates between Grating and Entertaining... I would have thrown her out the airlock though, either right at the start or after her loyalty mission... Even if the largest part of the stupidity was a combination of her and the Initiative deciding a 6 wheeler was a better all-terrain vehicle than a hovering vehicle or, I don't know... GIVING ME A F*CKING SHUTTLE!
    That said, late game, she makes for Awesome set up with a shield stripping pull and the floating shockwave.

Liam: Straight out the airlock. A little entertaining in the first couple of hours then just annoying... Unfortunately, he's also the best shield stripper, and I only really care about stripping shields 9/10 because armor is just a different version of health resistant to electricity, while shields heavily reduce the effectiveness of some abilities. That said, I still never pick him. I'm tempted to not do his loyalty mission to see if he complains about dying or something later.

Not going to say what my favourite gear is, because I'm still playing around with that, however my 'Profiles' are basically set now.
    Spoiler
    Show

1:
    Incinerate/Cryo Beam, Overload/Shield Drain, and Bolt. Playing between the two sets of options, probably going to settle for Incinerate/Sheild Drain and Bolt. Great set up and detonate ability, great range. I call it my 'Stand back and kill things' build.

2:
    Tactical Cloak, Remnant VI, Assault Turret. Otherwise known as 'My team is down. Let's create my own team while I revive them'. I also use it for holding the line sections because I find the constant fire power and the more targets they split between the better. I spec the Turret and VI with Cryo Ammo and Rocket Launcher for the Detonation, and the fact I find Cryo ammo slightly better.

3: Charge, Singularity, Shield Drain. I find backlash isn't good enough for 'Oh **** I need to not die' moments when you Charge into a bad position or when Charge spends a minute refusing to work because 'Screw you'. It's also good for Set up and Detonate. Singularity takes out entire transports and focusing on Radius makes for a truly large area cordoned off/being hurt.
    And really, Charge is just fun... Even if it makes the platforming sections annoying because 'If only I could use charge', and sometimes ruins things by having you charge a last enemy out of the way, and realize you can't get back.

I decided to go with the Cryo gauntlet early on for the freeze, but accidentally sadled myself with a picked up Asari sword later... I decided to respec into the sword because the teleport's invulnerability before swinging is useful, and it's harder to miss with it because you teleport wherever you need to be to make the hit, or you teleport far away to safety because you missed the target.
    I may go for the non-flaming Varkesh later, since it literally heals you based on Youtube videos. Tough choice.

4: Grenade, Mine, Concussive shot/Flaccete. Set them all up for anti-armor/maximum battery uses and unload on whichever poor heavy they've decided to throw at you. They probably won't survive the experience.

Oh, and who here wishes they could have a build with both Shadow Strike and Charge?
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2017-04-15 at 08:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1420

I've never really liked games that design themselves around improving the second playthrough at the expense of the first. Just seems bass-ackwards to me, you've gotta make the game worth playing once to be worth playing twice. Obviously slightly onerous research-gating does not make a game not worth playing, but it's an annoying attitude. I'm far more likely to replay an entirely choice-free game that is really excellent than I am one that cripples itself just to make sure I don't see everything the first time through.
    You do have enough for one playthrough though. I guess the main issue there is that you might spend your research on several things you may end up not liking, which I acknowledge - there should have been a target range in this game like the ME3 Spectre offices, or better yet an Arena like Citadel's DLC had. But I just watched a couple of Youtube videos instead to land on my Carnifex + Equalizer loadout. (Not that I'd have tossed away a free Carnifex V anyway.)

I don't have a problem with them exactly. They're just not as interesting as they could be. I am definitely disappointed in the loot for killing bosses though; I mean I got better junk from a chest than I did from beating the Architect on Voeld. C'mon, gimme a gun - preferably one I couldn't craft yet - even if it's not one I want, I'll at least appreciate the gesture.
    Err, Architects have Remnant Cores and a crapload of XP. I'd gladly fight more! I do check every merchant for Cobras now though...

Man, I shoved Liam wherever the hell he goes on the Tempest as soon as I had another possible companion, and I'm gonna keep him in storage there for the rest of the game. I took an immediate liking to Gil, since he seemed to be the only person who would actually comment on what an enormous prong Liam is.
    And that's why I respect Gil, he's even attracted to the guy. Well, I kinda respect him - he was a real **** in those poker logs. When you're that much better than people at a game, at least offer to teach them. Happily, SAM and I took him down a peg.

Also, Ryder can't dance any better than Shepard can. Disappointing.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Gear, items and research are kept.

However, you do the tutorial with only a level 1 predator, while enemies are scaled up to whatever level you are (In my case, 61 ish). Which means your gun isn't worth it's weight.

That said, you retain access to all your abilities, and the ability to change between them.

12. - Top - End - #1422

I took a look online and it seems that you can swap twins in NG+ too, is this correct? If so, my decision to play FemRyder until they fix the romances worked out even better than I thought! I thought I'd have to do another replay from scratch (or find a mod) if I wanted to be Scott.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground

What do you folks think is cooler for a Sentinel: shotguns or sniper rifles?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Are you using the tactical cloak? If yes sniper rifle. If not probably the shotguns.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ive been using tactical cloak, charge and cryo beam, along with an asari sword. I feel like a biotic assassin (and got an achievement for using cloak + charge) and rarely have to use my guns. I started off with a more standard sniper build at first, since I didnt want to play a vanguard type character again as much as I love it, but I got bored and missed charging around and meleeing. After running into my first architect though I realised I dont want to be relying on melee all the time, so I set up a seperate profile for my sniper rifle, and I've finally got it so I can carry around a sniper and assault rifle and not suffer any recharge time penalties.

I still havent settled on a specific team to take with me, but I suppose I like mixing them up regularly anyway so I get to hear all the banter. Jaal + Vetra or Jaal + Drack seems to do pretty well for me though.

3DS friend code: 0748-2783-1667
    Mii name: Sajiri

Ruya avatar by me!
    My Tumblr (more active than Deviantart these days)
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

16. - Top - End - #1426

I'm not happy with how Kadara was designed. With the other planets, I run across on enclave of Kett or Remnant and I actually want to go clear them out because (a) revenge for the failed settlements (Eos), (b) impressing our new Resistance neighbors (Voeld), or (c) just making sure that any new settlements I plonk down won't be instant chum while they're waiting for the local Vault to work its space-magic (all of them.) But with Kadara it's bandits, and now I have to wonder are they behaving like animals because they were always bad or simply because they were treated that way multiple times (By Tann, by Sloane, by the Kett, and by the Roekarr), and it's hard to want to help the planet get back on its feet when I know that the local warlord is probably just going to take credit for everything I do and then spread her little dime-store drug trade back to my colonies, to say nothing of what she'd do to the one I establish in her backyard. It feels like I'm helping jumpstart a brand new Terminus-style hive of scum and villainy, only this time the "Citadel" is in no way prepared to keep any of them contained. Certainly my fledgling colonies aren't. I found myself going through the motions of scanning glyphs to activate the monoliths but then I just stopped and asked myself "what the heck am I doing?"

It feels irresponsible is what I'm saying. If it weren't for Reyes, I'd have told the entire planet to piss off and happily let the Outcasts and Collective kill each other while I go off to keep founding Sensibletowns on the other side of the cluster. Which admittedly is an option, but the game then acts like not making Kadara stronger is somehow a missed opportunity/failing on my part.

The part where Reyes encourages me to get involved and start sidequesting and solving murders and such, and where he promises that the Initiative rather than Sloane will get proper credit for the good things I do on Kadara, really should be a mandatory conversation that happens even before you set foot into the Borderlands Badlands.

Also, Sloane and her ridiculous hair are trying really hard to be off-brand Aria and I'm so not impressed.

Neither, I'd use Assault Rifle. Sentinel's whole thing is being able to engage well at all ranges, and AR enables that moreso than the other two imo. Plus you can hang out of cover longer for that sustained dps (assuming you're using the tech armor that is.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ettin in the Playground

You actually do have to talk to Reyes, in order to complete the main quest chain for Kadara. Reyes is intimately threaded throughout that.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

18. - Top - End - #1428

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    You actually do have to talk to Reyes, in order to complete the main quest chain for Kadara. Reyes is intimately threaded throughout that.
    Yes and no. You go there to meet him, but other than him pointing me to Sloane - a lead I could have quite logically followed on my own - I got everything I needed to continue the main plot without his help at all. I completed that leg of the main quest in mere minutes.

It's a narrative issue more than anything - they needed to get me a lot more invested in busting my ass for this planet than they did, especially when I'm told that any settlement I put there would be seen as an act of war and "burned to the ground." Were I actually the Pathfinder, my logical response to that would be to say "Happy trails, enjoy your trash-heap planet" and head off-world to terraform one of the others instead.

Certainly I want to get the Exiles back in the fold - or at least, those good elements among them who are clearly not cut out for living on Planet Suck and would do much more good in the Initiative. But making Kadara more habitable seems counterproductive to that goal if anything.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes and no. You go there to meet him, but other than him pointing me to Sloane - a lead I could have quite logically followed on my own - I got everything I needed to continue the main plot without his help at all. I completed that leg of the main quest in mere minutes.

It's a narrative issue more than anything - they needed to get me a lot more invested in busting my ass for this planet than they did, especially when I'm told that any settlement I put there would be seen as an act of war and "burned to the ground." Were I actually the Pathfinder, my logical response to that would be to say "Happy trails, enjoy your trash-heap planet" and head off-world to terraform one of the others instead.

Certainly I want to get the Exiles back in the fold - or at least, those good elements among them who are clearly not cut out for living on Planet Suck and would do much more good in the Initiative. But making Kadara more habitable seems counterproductive to that goal if anything.
    If you check Kadara's main quest, talking to Reyes and doing his quests are integral to terraforming Kadara. I'm not sure what more you can actually do to point players at Reyes any more than they already do - Reyes' quests are literally ranked just as high as activating the monoliths in making Kadara viable, and you cannot build an outpost until you complete them.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

Are you using the tactical cloak? If yes sniper rifle. If not probably the shotguns.
    Sentinels...don't...get Tactical Cloak? Do they? I'm talking about the Original Trilogy for the moment.
    Neither, I'd use Assault Rifle. Sentinel's whole thing is being able to engage well at all ranges, and AR enables that moreso than the other two imo. Plus you can hang out of cover longer for that sustained dps (assuming you're using the tech armor that is.)
    Don't submachine guns fill that niche in 2 and 3, rendering AR kind of obsolete? And I thought Tech Armor was mandatory for Sentinels in both 2 and 3...
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2017-04-16 at 05:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1431

If you check Kadara's main quest, talking to Reyes and doing his quests are integral to terraforming Kadara. I'm not sure what more you can actually do to point players at Reyes any more than they already do - Reyes' quests are literally ranked just as high as activating the monoliths in making Kadara viable, and you cannot build an outpost until you complete them.
    You're missing my point. Why would I want to build an outpost on Kadara in the first place? It's doing fine on its own, and making it more fine would just be strengthening the criminal element that runs the place - an element that is far more likely to pose more problems for the Nexus and the other colonies than it solves, given the bad blood between the Exiles and the Initiative.

The primary answer seems to be "to complete more of this video game" which is not satisfying narratively. Reyes, as the savvy insider with a conscience, could have played a more integral role in bridging that gap than they utilized him to do.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

You're missing my point. Why would I want to build an outpost on Kadara in the first place? It's doing fine on its own, and making it more fine would just be strengthening the criminal element that runs the place - an element that is far more likely to pose more problems for the Nexus and the other colonies than it solves, given the bad blood between the Exiles and the Initiative.

The primary answer seems to be "to complete more of this video game" which is not satisfying narratively. Reyes, as the savvy insider with a conscience, could have played a more integral role in bridging that gap than they utilized him to do.
    Have you completed Kadara yet? I highly suggest you do those quests, because this is addressed. Without spilling into spoilers, Reyes is literally utilized as much as he can possibly be in this situation.

It seems to me that fixing the planet is worth one heck of an IOU, and yes the game addresses that. Forcing the exiles to live on a crappy planet when you have the technology to fix it seems like a huge **** move and can only serve to drive the exiles further away.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2017-04-16 at 05:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1433

Have you completed Kadara yet? I highly suggest you do those quests, because this is addressed. Without spilling into spoilers, Reyes is literally utilized as much as he can possibly be in this situation.

It seems to me that fixing the planet is worth one heck of an IOU, and yes the game addresses that. Forcing the exiles to live on a crappy planet when you have the technology to fix it seems like a huge **** move and can only serve to drive the exiles further away.
    And that's all I wanted to know - glad to hear this issue isn't just glossed over. I just would have liked to get that IOU up front; getting a treaty worked out before I even think about going near the monoliths, instead of the current situation where I can actually go out and fix the planet and only then worry about Sloane's intentions.

As for it being a **** move - it seems to me that an even ****-er move would be to empower a nation of pirates who are already heavily armed and immoral with a rich planet, giving them the means to swoop down on relatively unprotected places like Eos and Havarl. Granted, that's exactly the reason APEX has you duking it out with them in the multiplayer missions, but they're having a hard enough time keeping the Outcasts at bay who are confined to the port, is all.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

Sentinels...don't...get Tactical Cloak? Do they? I'm talking about the Original Trilogy for the moment.
    Ah, sorry. I was talking ME:A where you can get a sentinel profile that makes tech and biotics better.

As an absolutely stupid question though, how do I hover with the jet pack? I as a rule don't bother since I happen to prefer assault rifles.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ettin in the Playground

And that's all I wanted to know - glad to hear this issue isn't just glossed over. I just would have liked to get that IOU up front; getting a treaty worked out before I even think about going near the monoliths, instead of the current situation where I can actually go out and fix the planet and only then worry about Sloane's intentions.

As for it being a **** move - it seems to me that an even ****-er move would be to empower a nation of pirates who are already heavily armed and immoral with a rich planet, giving them the means to swoop down on relatively unprotected places like Eos and Havarl. Granted, that's exactly the reason APEX has you duking it out with them in the multiplayer missions, but they're having a hard enough time keeping the Outcasts at bay who are confined to the port, is all.
    Maybe I'm just too soft-hearted a Pathfinder. I personally think that increasing the viability of Kadara will decrease piracy in general and only serve to make the Initiative stronger, even if Sloane gets more power temporarily. My job is to find/make viable planets. That someone else found it first isn't my concern.

26. - Top - End - #1436

Maybe I'm just too soft-hearted a Pathfinder. I personally think that increasing the viability of Kadara will decrease piracy in general and only serve to make the Initiative stronger, even if Sloane gets more power temporarily. My job is to find/make viable planets. That someone else found it first isn't my concern.
    You're not wrong to think that way - I'm sure that's how it ends up working out. I just would have liked to bargain more from a position of strength myself. When I offer to do my job without expecting compensation, and the douchebag I'm doing a favor for openly threatens my settlement to my face, I want a better option than just giving her a bunch of natural resources and hoping for the best, that's all.

I'm probably just in a sour mood on this planet in general; not helped by the fact that a bunch of scavengers in an alleyway can tell me to **** off and I can't respond by busting a cap in ye ass the way Shepard can on Omega, and those gorram slow-ass pigchucking doors aren't helping matters much either. (Why on earth did they do that anyway? Was it to simulate how ramshackle their technology is? This is definitely an area where I'd prefer tell, don't show.)

But having driven around on the planet some I do feel more sympathy for the badlands residents. So I'll clean up the water for them no matter what threat Sloane poses. At least she's as willing to shoot Kett as I am; that'll have to be enough for now.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-04-16 at 06:23 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

I took a look online and it seems that you can swap twins in NG+ too, is this correct? If so, my decision to play FemRyder until they fix the romances worked out even better than I thought! I thought I'd have to do another replay from scratch (or find a mod) if I wanted to be Scott.
    Yes, you can swap genders.

As an absolutely stupid question though, how do I hover with the jet pack? I as a rule don't bother since I happen to prefer assault rifles.
    You don't. You press the aim button to turn into very slowly falling skeet.
    That said, there are a bunch of mods and a skill line in combat that make you better skeet to the point that it becomes survivable, but it's not something to do on higher dificulties except for short periods when all the enemies are hiding in cover. Otherwise, you immediately attract all the attention and have no cover.
    The exception is if you use it to start a charge, because then your shields recover.

I'm probably just in a sour mood on this planet in general; not helped by the fact that a bunch of scavengers in an alleyway can tell me to **** off
    Yea, I wanted to kill them to, but I couldn't draw my weapons and if you talk to them later the just keep telling you to f*ck off and you can't say anything. Feels like quite the design oversight.

28. - Top - End - #1438

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    Yea, I wanted to kill them to, but I couldn't draw my weapons and if you talk to them later the just keep telling you to f*ck off and you can't say anything. Feels like quite the design oversight.
    At least I was able to take out that Turian who told me to get the {blank} out of his inn. Granted that was because he committed murder and then attacked me, but still.

Actually, that whole quest kinda rubbed me the wrong way.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ettin in the Playground

At least I was able to take out that Turian who told me to get the {blank} out of his inn. Granted that was because he committed murder and then attacked me, but still.

Actually, that whole quest kinda rubbed me the wrong way.
    Must have missed that one.

I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on Kadara after you finished it. I'm not exactly thrilled by any of the outcomes, but I think I chose the one I'd be most happy with.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

With the 50th page on the horizon, should the next thread be a General ME thread or Andromeda-specific? And what should we call it?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."