New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    It's been out for a week. There hasn't been time for "unofficial" server types to form! And considering one of the PvP types is server versus server, and the fact that you can play on any server you like with guesting (when it's implemented), it's unlikely for that to happen.
    This isn't entirely true, since there were communities that rolled together on servers. For example, apparently pretty much all the remaining WAR players rolled on Jade Quarry, making that a PvP/WvW-centric server. A bunch of the Reddit PvPers rolled on a server together, but I don't remember which one.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    It's been out for a week. There hasn't been time for "unofficial" server types to form! And considering one of the PvP types is server versus server, and the fact that you can play on any server you like with guesting (when it's implemented), it's unlikely for that to happen.
    A few thousand RP'ers elected to all roll characters on Tarnished Coast (Piken Square for EU), so... there's been plenty of time for unofficial server types to form.

I rolled on Tarnished Coast because I prefer the community typically associated with RP servers.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

I rolled onto Tarnished Coast but moved to Anvil Rock since that has less a load... and my primary guild is there. Serenity Phoenix Guild, 200+ members.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Speaking of servers - is GitP on any one server in particular, or are we all fairly spread out? I'd like to actually play with people who I can communicate with outside the game, and who are fairly casual about things (as most of us seem to be).
    I'd also like to ask for a guild invite when someone gets the chance. Decatus.1734. I'm currently on Ehmry Bay, but I'd be willing to transfer somewhere else if we really have much of a presence.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Just wait for the guesting feature to be implemented. It shouldn't take too long. Hopefully.

It literally doesn't matter what server your home is outside of WvW, once guesting is in.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

6. - Top - End - #336

Quote Originally Posted by maratek View Post
    Hey Engineer here ready to sign up if you will have me maratek.9735 if you will have me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decatus View Post
    I'd also like to ask for a guild invite when someone gets the chance. Decatus.1734. I'm currently on Ehmry Bay, but I'd be willing to transfer somewhere else if we really have much of a presence.
    Invites sent.

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by Decatus View Post
    Speaking of servers - is GitP on any one server in particular, or are we all fairly spread out? I'd like to actually play with people who I can communicate with outside the game, and who are fairly casual about things (as most of us seem to be).
    The GitP guild is "officially" on Tarnished Coast, I'm pretty sure, and last I looked, a good amount of the roster is there.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    The GitP guild is "officially" on Tarnished Coast, I'm pretty sure, and last I looked, a good amount of the roster is there.
    This seems to be the case. I went ahead and did a free server transfer, seeing as I didn't really have anything tying me to the server I was on. Just dinged 30 too...now I need to go grind out like 6 skill points to unlock an Elite skill.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    I've been having a lot of issues getting enough crafting materials actually. I blew through the starter zones, so I didn't gather enough copper/wood/leather to get to 75 Huntsman, so I'm in a bit of a quandary now. I could go back and redo the starter zones (for a bit less XP) or plow on ahead... I'm just not sure how much I want to invest into crafting, at least, not until I see what special and cool gizmos it can produce.
    Yeah, most of the professions are a bit problematic sometime because they lack enough recipes to discover and require quite a bit resources. Yeah, going back to another starting area helps, so does trading with other people and the trading house being up will help too.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Yeah, most of the professions are a bit problematic sometime because they lack enough recipes to discover and require quite a bit resources. Yeah, going back to another starting area helps, so does trading with other people and the trading house being up will help too.
    Time to get Altitus. Run those alts though the 1-15 areas. Clear one fully and you get alot of mats if you decon everything. (as well as tons of xp for an alt:) )

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

how much compared to a decently high(level 40+) character’s wealth, is 3 gold?, I'm level 15 currently and only 3g away from being able to upgrade to the "collector’s edition" version of the game using the “trade gold for gems” thingy with the black lion trading, though it does seem odd they made it cheap(at least if 3g isn’t much at high levels) to earn it ingame.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

12. - Top - End - #342

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    how much compared to a decently high(level 40+) character’s wealth, is 3 gold?, I'm level 15 currently and only 3g away from being able to upgrade to the "collector’s edition" version of the game using the “trade gold for gems” thingy with the black lion trading, though it does seem odd they made it cheap(at least if 3g isn’t much at high levels) to earn it ingame.
    I had about 1g20s at 40. Most of which went into the trait manual. I haven't been doing much to expand my wealth, though. Selling unneeded craft mats could make a big difference, for example.
    Last edited by Ogremindes; 2012-09-03 at 08:09 AM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

I've never had a gold to my name at 35, 19 and 15. I break everythign down for mats, and dont sell anything. Trying to level six professions is stupid :). Focusing on just three (with one being chef), should help a bit.

Those repair bills in the 30 dungeon can be nasty on Mesmer, not a ton of HP room for error :)

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Now that both my Mesmer and my Warrior are nearing level 11, I can't help but wonder what traits to focus on. I think I'll focus on Arms with my Warrior, who mostly uses a greatsword, and on Chaos with my Mesmer, who focuses on the staff.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    I had about 1g20s at 40. Most of which went into the trait manual. I haven't been doing much to expand my wealth, though. Selling unneeded craft mats could make a big difference, for example.
    Heh, I'm sitting at 3g50s roughly. I have nothing to spend it on.

If anyone is on Tarnished Coast, I would really really really appreciate all the copper/soft green logs/leather I could get. I can pay for it, or swap crafted items, or help with quests, jump puzzles, etc.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    Those repair bills in the 30 dungeon can be nasty on Mesmer, not a ton of HP room for error :)
    I had a pretty amazing run in Ascalon Catacombs last night. We only had one person who refused to use the dodge mechanic, so we ended up clearing the place with only 2-3 deaths each (except for that one person, who probably had something in the order of 8-10).

All of those deaths were on trash, too. They actually listened to me about the mechanics for the Romeo&Juliet fight, and we cleared it trivially without anyone dying, despite me being the only person who had done the dungeon before.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

@_@ Ooowww.. So, personal story... Hordes of baddies, supertough NPC lady decides to be bugged... Long story short: So much respawning. So many silver lost on repair bills.. D: But I did it! Hoo... Thank goodness for Cleansing Fire! ._. Conditions suuuuck.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

Also something i was wonderign while leveling my guardian; do all clases that can use torchs get a high damage AoE as their second torch ability?, Or do other classes get more utility based torch attacks?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

The Ranger second Torch skill is called Bonfire, which is an eight second duration fire combo field that inflicts Burning and deals 256 damage.

The Mesmer second Torch skill is called Phantasmal Mage, which summons a Phantasm with a ranged attack that deals 363 damage and inflicts Confusion on foes and Retaliation to allies.

Hey look, a wiki.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks like torches could be decent weapons for mesmer and rangers then, what do you think would be a good one hand weapon to pair with them?
    axes look a little bit better then swords for the ranger, and I haven't played a mesmer yet, so I don't have much of an opinion on what are good for those.
    edit: also, has anyone here tried out the hunter's call ability of the ranger to see how fast the attacks happen?, looking at the wiki it looks like it could deal a huge amount of damage, at least if the attacks from it are fast.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-09-03 at 07:09 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

That's the ability that gives Quickness, right? Cause it's ridiculously fast when combined with a shortbow. 3+ arrows a second quick.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ettin in the Playground

first warhorn ability for ranger gives a DoT(that looks like it has great damage), while the second boosts nearly all combat stats.
    And aye, having a bow as your second weapon looks like it would be very good combined with the warhorn and a one hand weapon as your other weapon.
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    That's the ability that gives Quickness, right? Cause it's ridiculously fast when combined with a shortbow. 3+ arrows a second quick.
    Yes. It's actually better with Longbows though, as you can combo it with a whole bunch of other procs to make your rapid-fire ability do mega damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    first warhorn ability for ranger gives a DoT(that looks like it has great damage), while the second boosts nearly all combat stats.
    And aye, having a bow as your second weapon looks like it would be very good combined with the warhorn and a one hand weapon as your other weapon.
    Warhorns are kinda meh to be honest. I'm currently using Sword/Dagger, which has phenomenal damage output and the dagger abilities let you kite people, which is cool beans. The only thing I'd probably consider over Sword/Dagger is Sword/Torch, since you can AoE with the Torch and then shoot arrows over and combo without needing other people.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Anyone on here playing a Thief? I just hit level 20 and I'm still not sure what weapon setup I like the best. A lot of the lower levels I was using D/D with Death Blossom or whatever just cutting through things. Once I hit the level 15 area though things were dealing FAR too much damage for that to viable. I switched to P/D and its night and day different. Any melee mob is easily killed since I can just use the attack that puts you into stealth to make some distance and then hit it from stealth with the rapid fire pistol attack that stacks 5 bleeds on the target. I also liked P/P since Black Powder (the aoe blind) skills is incredibly powerful. Even just dropping it on yourself and shooting through it at things blinds them which makes you incredibly survivable, especially against things with slower attack speeds.

What I'm not sure about, is how to stack my gear currently. I have a mishmash of Condition, Power and Precision gear and since I'm a leatherworker I'm not sure which one I should be focussing on for a mainly P/D build. A lot of my damage is autoattack, but the autoattack (and sneak attack) both cause a bleed. So should I focus more on Condition? Or power and precision?

25. - Top - End - #355
    Barbarian in the Playground

A few of my thoughts on the game.

Cloth and leather have been the toughest crafting materials to acquire, so I'm salvaging all light and medium armors. Metal ore and wood can be gathered from the plentiful nodes around the environment, so I'm posting or vending any weapons or heavy armor.

In your account storage, there's a tab for all crafting items, so horde away. You can deposit collectables into it from anywhere through the gear icon in your inventory, so use it frequently to make the most of your limited space.

I think it's a good time to release new MMO's since a lot of players are looking for a new game. If they can get all their features running with capacity to spare, they could get a good share of the market.
    To find in order to lose; To fall in order to stand up
    To freeze in order to ignite; To find myself within, and not fear the edge
    To die in order to be reborn to the new world

26. - Top - End - #356
    Firbolg in the Playground

Indeed. The unlimited multi-character item-storing thingy is quite nice for people who wants to collect low-level crafting material for their high-level chars. While there is always a challenge if you go back to low-level area, the piazzaz of discovery just isn't there.

HOWEVER, were you to run an alt, you can make said alt gather lots and lots of low-level goodies while leveling it up.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

I really can't decide about my Mesmer's alternate weapon set. My primary one is Staff, and I'm doing well with it, dropping Chaos Storms, exploding illusions and generally throwing a lot of boons and conditions around. I tired sword + pistol for my second one, but it doesn't seem to work as well as I thought it would... maybe Scepter + Focus will be better after all.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Indeed. The unlimited multi-character item-storing thingy is quite nice for people who wants to collect low-level crafting material for their high-level chars. While there is always a challenge if you go back to low-level area, the piazzaz of discovery just isn't there.

HOWEVER, were you to run an alt, you can make said alt gather lots and lots of low-level goodies while leveling it up.
    It's not unlimited. They stack up to 250.

29. - Top - End - #359

ClericGuy

By the way, mucco.1867 here. Feel free to add me to the guild, thanks.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

30. - Top - End - #360
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I really can't decide about my Mesmer's alternate weapon set. My primary one is Staff, and I'm doing well with it, dropping Chaos Storms, exploding illusions and generally throwing a lot of boons and conditions around. I tired sword + pistol for my second one, but it doesn't seem to work as well as I thought it would... maybe Scepter + Focus will be better after all.
    I like scepter and torch or a greatsword.
    To find in order to lose; To fall in order to stand up
    To freeze in order to ignite; To find myself within, and not fear the edge
    To die in order to be reborn to the new world