New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Also, it's fine with me if Ren seems stupid to people, but I don't think he seems so weird. Mayumi and Hasunaga revealed they were aware of spiritual things and Elder said there were people watching over the kids. Maybe the school that employs spiritually aware teachers is run by a spiritually aware principal and maybe these school staff members are the watchers Elder was talking about.

@strawberryman: Carina's in a gigai right?
    Could still show a little more tact. You don't need to defend yourself, but you probably wouldn't change my opinion anyway.

And yes, otherwise she'd be invisible to non-spirituals (of which in the room there are none, so irrelevant) and would h ave tentacles where her legs would be.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Because the other kids don't want detention?

Also, I'm considering having Kaito play the partially true care of "My parents were hurt in an incident at the house of Mitsurugi Reiji, where we're staying. You know, one of the city's top prosecutors?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Because the other kids don't want detention?
    Well he doesn't necessarily need to burst in right away to get them out of it.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-23 at 03:27 PM.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, let them sweat a little.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

tgva: Um, did you miss the scene at the beginning of this "adventure" when the teachers came out to say "you're skipping school...be careful" and such?
    Yeah, pretty much.

Time clarity is so nonexistent in this game, I seriously just thought it was after school because that's how I imagined it.

I have a tendency to not pay that much attention to scenes that characters I'm involved with playing or that I should know stuff about aren't involved, so this may happen a lot. Thus why I like asking questions so much.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Thus why I like asking questions so much.
    There's nothing wrong with asking for clarification here and there.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Why? Ren is having fun.
    Because "Ren is having fun" is an anagram in infernal for "Rocks fall, everybody dies".
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

It's better than being totally and completely wrong, that's for sure.

Wait, Kuroimaken, you know Infernal?

Edit: By the way, I'm pretty sure a lot of what Kazuma just said isn't actually true. In case anyone's wondering.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-23 at 03:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Dwarf in the Playground

Through sheer coincidence, it's also an anagram in Abyssal for "You're all doomed forever."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Because "Ren is having fun" is an anagram in infernal for "Rocks fall, everybody dies".
    But she just wants to study them! :P

11. - Top - End - #671
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    It's better than being totally and completely wrong, that's for sure.

Wait, Kuroimaken, you know Infernal?

Edit: By the way, I'm pretty sure a lot of what Kazuma just said isn't actually true. In case anyone's wondering.
    My screenname reads "Black Demon Sword", you tell me.

And of course it's true! In Kazuma's wonderfully simplistic mind.

Then again, how much of it is REALLY untrue, if you think about it?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Man, Kazuma's not going to like the first week of training. Masaru will find some way to make it like Navy SEALs Hell Week.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

The 10th operatives will have to be pulled because the entire structure of Zaraki's groups has changed significantly. It's likely that at least one of their current positions is either entirely unnecessary now (in which case there's probably no reason they'd be allowed to live) or whatever they were trying to do is just no longer feasible now. Whether or not it's a better end result isn't really the issue here.

Also, while I'm sure Kazuma thinks that 10th would have made him go through a million regulations, it's also not impossible that he could have brought forward his info and the guy running the operations there would have just given him a wire or maybe warned any of their agents that he was coming or maybe shared what they knew and asked for his assistance.

He also doesn't know what 10th's plans would have been, so his saying what he's saying is pretty uninformed.

Also, since Kazuma appears to know so much about Zaraki, he's clearly the best person to lead any operations there. I mean, 10th sure as hell doesn't know as much as he does! That's the price Kazuma gets to pay for doing this. If he wants to fix Zaraki so badly, it has now become his duty to do so.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-23 at 04:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

tgva, a couple of things.

First, how much has actually changed about the structure out there? Kazuma explicitly didn't get rid of any crime bosses. One's been subtly replaced, and the other ran like a pansy man when he figured out his tactics weren't working. But the overall organizations are still in place. As I understand it, Kazuma essentially told them to ease up on the civilians, and browbeat them into helping distribute aid supplies.

Which, again, doesn't automatically negate every undercover agent there.

Secondly, and you'll probalby ignore this, but it needs to be said: Sometimes, 10th might actually be wrong. Specifically, Kazuma kind of has a point about power vacuums and bloodbaths. Unless 10th goes and kills every criminal and mobster simultaneously, people will step up in the vacuum. Innocents will die no matter what if they tired chopping off the head.
    Honestly, I think the point here is that 10th thinks like Police, but that's not what Zaraki necessarily needed, at least not right now. Or rather, that's not who they needed to take over. What Kazuma is doing is essentially trying to change the underlying culture with a lot less bloodshed. Which is why it might actually work.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, whether Qing Di is replaced at all is fully dependant on 10th releasing him or not after he heals up. Which, if he agrees to cooperate using his power in Zaraki, would not be that far-fetched.

In essence, because that decision is so far out of his jurisdiction as a 11th divisioner it's not even funny, Qing Di's destiny could be seen as a collateral consolation prize for the 10th.

Incidentally, if he's released, the power structure in Zaraki doesn't really change that much, which means the undercover work is still essentially useful.

Raghdu's probably gone under, because he values the better part of valor, but that doesn't mean he's leaving his territory unattended. Though it DOES mean he won't be making public appearances for a while.

One other fairly important point: if all Kazuma did get out of going to 10th first happened to be a wire and nothing else happened to go differently... Then why is 10th making such a huff about it?

If it's a basic principle thing, then the "punishment" doesn't fit the "crime". If things would have gone entirely different from how Kazuma carried them out, then he's partially justified in doing things the way he did.

Man, Kazuma's not going to like the first week of training. Masaru will find some way to make it like Navy SEALs Hell Week.
    You're talking about a man who wears energy-sapping clothing as a training method, and for whom running laps around Soul Society is considered warmup. He might even pass out in the middle of it for not knowing when he's supposed to stop.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken
    In essence, because that decision is so far out of his jurisdiction as a 11th divisioner it's not even funny, Qing Di's destiny could be seen as a collateral consolation prize for the 10th.
    Oooh. Can I get a public execution? Never can have enough of those. For a game about death gods, death is distressingly rare.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

17. - Top - End - #677
    Orc in the Playground

That would kinda go AGAINST the point Kazuma's trying to make, but like I said, it's not his decision.

Unless his newly-appointed position as head of "Zaraki's your problem now" grants him that authority somehow.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #678
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

You know how hard it is to arrest criminal bosses?

Undercover agents are trying hard to gather enough evidence to bring down the bosses, so I think I can understand the frustration the 10th would have when Kazuma just barreled through and kicked butts. Qing Di would at best be let off with a charge of fighting in public and assaulting a Shinigami.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

19. - Top - End - #679
    Orc in the Playground

The beauty of the whole thing is that Qing Di has actually made the 10th's job easier in that regard.

Think about it. He has basically made himself a career as some kind of monster in human form. He has spread rumors of his brutality and alleged immortality.

The whole problem with the Shigokuou wasn't so much the lack of proof as it was the fact that they couldn't simply send in squad after squad of 10th divisioners inside without A) scaring them off or B) turning the place into a civil war zone. (Though Qing Fu would likely be the exception to this rule.)

In any case, Qing Di's public execution would serve a lot of ends.

Even if it isn't real. (hint, hint.)

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #680
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I actually wanted to have Akira take a paper harisen and smack Taro behind the head for wheeling two obscenely noisy file cabinets into a hospital. But meh, its fun in my mind, but might not be when done for real.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

tgva, a couple of things.

First, how much has actually changed about the structure out there? Kazuma explicitly didn't get rid of any crime bosses. One's been subtly replaced, and the other ran like a pansy man when he figured out his tactics weren't working. But the overall organizations are still in place. As I understand it, Kazuma essentially told them to ease up on the civilians, and browbeat them into helping distribute aid supplies.

Which, again, doesn't automatically negate every undercover agent there.

Secondly, and you'll probalby ignore this, but it needs to be said: Sometimes, 10th might actually be wrong. Specifically, Kazuma kind of has a point about power vacuums and bloodbaths. Unless 10th goes and kills every criminal and mobster simultaneously, people will step up in the vacuum. Innocents will die no matter what if they tired chopping off the head.
    Honestly, I think the point here is that 10th thinks like Police, but that's not what Zaraki necessarily needed, at least not right now. Or rather, that's not who they needed to take over. What Kazuma is doing is essentially trying to change the underlying culture with a lot less bloodshed. Which is why it might actually work.
    If the structure hasn't changed, sorry, that's my fault. I do think that the power structure will change simply on account of there being another power involved (Gotei 13).

The argument isn't really about whether or not Kazuma or 10th is wrong. I don't really even care who's right or wrong. I fully admit that maybe Kazuma's actions will result in the best outcome. The problem here, for me, isn't results, it's all Gotei 13 operational procedural issues.

Honestly, I'm at the point where 10th shouldn't have even been involved in the entire storyline at all, and it only is because Kuroimaken, who is the designer of the characters in Zaraki, told me in a post describing the plot that 10th should care about this. So I would just like to have 10th go "Here, you want it, you take it, we're done with this" and just give him run of operations. Clearly, he does want it, and there's no reason why 11th (with Kazuma leading a group of people) couldn't run operations out there.

I, and 10th, are no longer dealing with this issue.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-23 at 08:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Orc in the Playground

I'll be honest, Ren's persistence is beginning to stretch my believability.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ettin in the Playground

On the plus side, it will likely end with Reene sending all the ones who pull the spiritually aware card to the psychologist instead of detention to keep up her masquerade, mentioning the teachers might also help.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree with Strawberry, actually. It's a stretch to pull it in the first place.

@^: Especially as I'm not sure that's really preferable, given where it could go.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-09-23 at 09:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    On the plus side, it will likely end with Reene sending all the ones who pull the spiritually aware card to the psychologist instead of detention to keep up her masquerade, mentioning the teachers might also help.
    Man, Kaito's gonna pull the "My poor family keeps getting targeted by criminals, Principal! I'm sorry I didn't call earlier!" card.

Since he thinks he has to deceive her anyways, he might as well go full-force.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I'll be honest, Ren's persistence is beginning to stretch my believability.
    I'll be honest, I think his reasoning is just fine.
    If Draken didn't want his character to have any trouble he should have had Reene say she can see spirits, but she is otherwise a completely normal mortal or deny immediately that she can see spirits.
    "Why are you asking that?"
    Why isn't she giving him a straight answer?

And you know what? Ken is suspicious of the school because in his first month of attendance there have been three school related hollow attacks. A hollow attacks the kids on the first day of school inside the school. A hollow attacks his friend who has been putting talismans around the school shortly after she leaves school one day and heads home. Multiple hollows abduct the siblings of two of his fellow students. A bird starts following one of his classmates around. Ken's interested in whether or not the person who runs the school is spiritually aware because staff members are. Maybe the person in charge of the school is in charge of the staff members with powers.

To me it feels like you're saying, "Don't be smart!"

You know what stretches my believability? Kaito thinking that attacking Ken is productive when it comes to helping Kina. Newsflash, they sit right beside each other. Kaito has probably seen them get along with each other swimmingly plenty of times. In fact, he has, he rolled his eyes while watching Ken reveal a lunch he made for her which she happily accepted.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-23 at 09:58 PM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Orc in the Playground

One, Ken is not Ren. Ken's suspicions are irrelevant.

Two, it's the way Ren is doggedly asking when Reene is just basically denying the question. There's a difference between being smart and being persistent. Besides, I wouldn't call potentially putting himself in danger by telegraphing the fact that he is spiritually active smart. But I'll leave that alone.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

I kinda agree. Weird, Hollow-related things have been happening, and relatively frequently. Him asking something like "Can you see spirits?" isn't completely and totally ridiculous. The fact that she's dodging the question, rather than just saying something like "No, maybe I should call the school counselor to have you looked at" is somewhat suspicious. I mean, if someone asks me a random question I might say "That's kinda random" but I would only avoid answering if I didn't want them to know the answer. In this case, not wanting Ren and Izumi to know the answer to that question isn't something that's just obvious.

Besides, she could have just lied and they probably would have believed her. They don't really have any reason not to yet.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    One, Ken is not Ren. Ken's suspicions are irrelevant.

Two, it's the way Ren is doggedly asking when Reene is just basically denying the question. There's a difference between being smart and being persistent. Besides, I wouldn't call potentially putting himself in danger by telegraphing the fact that he is spiritually active smart. But I'll leave that alone.
    Oh, but they are relevant to me, because I bet next you'll be saying they stretch what you can believe is plausible.

Ren knows people can be hesitant about revealing their status as spiritually aware people and he doesn't care if he makes an ass of himself. What does he care if his principal thinks he's crazy? He has superpowers. What if his parents already know of the supernatural so he doesn't have to worry about them thinking he's crazy? They adopted a necklace youkai. Why can't he be persistent?

I'm not metagaming. My characters both don't like potentially being jerked around and neither is concerned about people thinking they are weirdos/crazies/whatever. Ken plans to exploit his powers to make millions as a godlike professional athlete and Ren plans to open up his own detective agency that deals with the supernatural so he can be just like a character out of a manga. Neither character is concerned about a bad permanent record as a result of not pleasing their principal.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

It is an act, Reene is not just dodging questions, she is asking her own to see what kind of information she can get.

From the point of view of her disguise, she is trying to get an understanding of where the question came from, she is not spiritually aware or at least doesn't want to say she is (or is not fully spiritually aware), she will still decide that. But despite the answer, her disguise will not want her students running around putting themselves in danger. So she will want to know why Ren is asking those things.

If Reene is not spiritually aware, she will think they are suffering some sort of trauma and wants to discover the source.

If she is, she will not want her students running around fighting monsters, they are children.

If she is partially aware, she will only then and there be learning of spirits... And will still have to act like she doesn't want them running around fighting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing