New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Hayle Region (IC)

Ray held up the package that Lillian had given him, "Mrs. Summers asked me to deliver this to the Wrystone Gym Leader, but it didn't sound urgent. I'm gonna wait until Wednesday and take the train to Central and go from there, I think." He blinked in surprise as his pokegear was snatched, watching as his mother put her and dad's numbers in. Ray blushed and offered, "I'll visit and help out whenever I can, I promise, Mom."

"And I guess I should go to the Pokemon Center eventually. I have this... Technical Machine to give to Jasper." At the mention of his name, the Joltik hopped up to rest atop Ray's head, looking at the boy's mother cheerfully, "Oh, yeah, and Jasper's back, Mom!" Raymond reached up and lightly stroked the little tick pokemon's back.
    Awesome avatar by Dashwood

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

With a huge grin on his face Marcus begins trying to make his way down to Terry and her terrifying Normal Types, full of confidence that diminishes with every step as he tries to get closer to the obviously competent Trainer.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-08-17 at 03:12 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Venetian View Post
    Ray held up the package that Lillian had given him, "Mrs. Summers asked me to deliver this to the Wrystone Gym Leader, but it didn't sound urgent. I'm gonna wait until Wednesday and take the train to Central and go from there, I think." He blinked in surprise as his pokegear was snatched, watching as his mother put her and dad's numbers in. Ray blushed and offered, "I'll visit and help out whenever I can, I promise, Mom."

"And I guess I should go to the Pokemon Center eventually. I have this... Technical Machine to give to Jasper." At the mention of his name, the Joltik hopped up to rest atop Ray's head, looking at the boy's mother cheerfully, "Oh, yeah, and Jasper's back, Mom!" Raymond reached up and lightly stroked the little tick pokemon's back.
    He'll be a good starter for you. You always did enjoy spending time with Bug pokemon, and Jasper's known you for a while now. Make sure you take care of him though, bugs tend to be pretty frail and they faint easily. She quickly stuffs your pockets with snacks for the road and gives you instructions to the nearest pokemon center, which was about two miles walk from your house.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    With a huge grin on his face Marcus begins trying to make his way down to Terry and her terrifying Normal Types, full of confidence that diminishes with every step as he tries to get closer to the obviously competent Trainer.
    Pushing through the crowd was difficult, as many of the people who had been watching the battle were talking animatedly to each other about it, leaving little room for you to make it through. When you finally arrived to the middle, she had her back to you and was talking to a man with dark brown hair, a Lucario at his side.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Of course I'll take care of him, Mom. He's my friend." Ray gently pet the Joltik again who let out a little noise that almost sounded like a purr. And then, before he even realized what was happening, his mother was stuffing his pockets with snacks. The boy was rather surprised by how quickly his mother was trying to get him out of the house, but he went along with it, retrieving his phone and taking the instructions as he headed out the door.

"Okay, Jasper. Let's get going."

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus slowly creeps closer, rocking from toe to heel. Lucario was a strong Pokemon, so the Trainer with it had to be important, right?

For now Marcus stands still, waiting either for him to be noticed or Terry to be finished with the Lucario Trainer.

Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Androssi's comment hits a little too close to home after recent events. Tempering flaring, Angus forgets who he is speaking to. "I don't need to hear it from you, too! Gladia, weave and advance!" Gladia begins floating forward, dancing and slashing as she creeps forward slowly.
    Spoiler: Round 3
    Show
    Gladia shifts 1 square ahead and uses Sword Dance, putting her at CS 4 in ATK and raising it to 19
    If you buff attack, then I buff defense, and you're no better off than you were before. Swords Dance has its place, but not against a pokemon with defensive buffs. The Aron continued to accumulate metal on its skin, its defensive stature becoming even stronger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aron uses Harden, but doesn't shift

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course I'll take care of him, Mom. He's my friend." Ray gently pet the Joltik again who let out a little noise that almost sounded like a purr. And then, before he even realized what was happening, his mother was stuffing his pockets with snacks. The boy was rather surprised by how quickly his mother was trying to get him out of the house, but he went along with it, retrieving his phone and taking the instructions as he headed out the door.

"Okay, Jasper. Let's get going."
    As you left the house, you noticed your mother frantically started scrambling for ingredients to throw a dinner together. You heard her mumbling Not enough time to make a cheescake, maybe ice cream? as she was lost in her head planning what was no doubt a five course meal.

The walk to the pokecenter was a long one, as everything in Thousand Acres was inevitably spread out. When you entered you were greeted by a nurse behind a counter, typing on a computer. She looked up when you walked in and smiled, her customer service face coming out in full force. Welcome to the Pokemon Center, please scan your Trainer License. She indicated with a wave of her hand to a machine on the counter. It had a slot in the middle, obviously meant for scanning cards.

The machine swallowed your card easily, and the nurse glanced at her computer, checking to make sure the picture on the card matched your face. When she looked up, she had a bright smile on her face. Congratulations on your recent acquisition of a trainer card! Pokemon Centers can provide a wide variety of services from healing to TM application, to rest rooms. How may I help you today?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus slowly creeps closer, rocking from toe to heel. Lucario was a strong Pokemon, so the Trainer with it had to be important, right?

For now Marcus stands still, waiting either for him to be noticed or Terry to be finished with the Lucario Trainer.
    The two continued talking for about a minute when the man indicated you with a nod of his head. Terry turned confused for a second and no doubt trying to figure out if she had met you before. When she finally decided that she didn't know you she sighed. Another autograph request I assume? Maybe I should stop coming to this place after all. The man just chuckled and shook his head in amusement.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-17 at 03:32 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic looks at the others, grinning as she points them out. The odds that any of them would want to, especially after the performance that he and Arlo just put on, were slim. "I think we'd have to go visit the pokemon center before we do any fighting... But maybe after everyone's had a chance?" He looked at them, seeing if any seemed even mildly confident. "But I got it, bait from the pokemarts, odd jobs from shopkeeps, get some baby food for training tomorrow and probably the next couple days too... Battle and training regimen." He nods, nearly pulling Arlo over his head before the sandshrew gets a better grip.

"I'm going to go to the pokemon center and then look for some jobs around town! If anyone wants to challenge me to a fight afterwards, I'll be in front of the gym for a while after that!" The young, would be champion, takes that opportunity to basically run out of the gym, excitedly heading towards the pokemon center.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    If you buff attack, then I buff defense, and you're no better off than you were before. Swords Dance has its place, but not against a pokemon with defensive buffs. The Aron continued to accumulate metal on its skin, its defensive stature becoming even stronger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aron uses Harden, but doesn't shift
    Angus grits his teeth in frustration as he realizes the truth of her words. "Gladia, advance!"
    Spoiler: Round 4
    Show
    Gladia shifts two spaces forward.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, sorry, no," Marcus says, barely above a whisper before clearing his throat and speaking a little louder. "I-I'm a new Trainer, and I was watching you battle with Normal Types. I was going to go to Thousand Acres first, and was wondering if you had any secret tricks for dealing with Normal Types?" the boy asks with a feeble grin, doing his best to not look terrified.

Spoiler
    Show
    May as well Charm!
    (2d6+2)[9]

Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Angus grits his teeth in frustration as he realizes the truth of her words. "Gladia, advance!"
    Spoiler: Round 4
    Show
    Gladia shifts two spaces forward.
    Androssi commanded another harden, her arms crossed and a curious look on her face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aron used harden!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

"Uh, sorry, no," Marcus says, barely above a whisper before clearing his throat and speaking a little louder. "I-I'm a new Trainer, and I was watching you battle with Normal Types. I was going to go to Thousand Acres first, and was wondering if you had any secret tricks for dealing with Normal Types?" the boy asks with a feeble grin, doing his best to not look terrified.

Spoiler
    Show
    May as well Charm!
    [roll0]
    Terry rolled her eyes. You passed your test and don't know about type advantage yet? Augustus must be desperate to produce trainers if he let you through. The gym hasn't produced anybody of note in several years. She sighed and pulled up a sheet on her pokegear, tossing it at you. Here, this is a chart of pokemon type relations. The only type super effective against normal types is Fighting, which makes their defensive power better than many. However there are a lot of pokemon that resist normal type attacks, so find a couple of those.

After you'd looked at the chart for a minute she snatched her phone back. Look, I'm sorry but I really have more important things to do than coach newbies through the basics. The chart is on your pokegear. If you have any other questions, then make 'em quick. I need to head to Wrystone tomorrow and I have things to do before I leave.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    Dominic looks at the others, grinning as she points them out. The odds that any of them would want to, especially after the performance that he and Arlo just put on, were slim. "I think we'd have to go visit the pokemon center before we do any fighting... But maybe after everyone's had a chance?" He looked at them, seeing if any seemed even mildly confident. "But I got it, bait from the pokemarts, odd jobs from shopkeeps, get some baby food for training tomorrow and probably the next couple days too... Battle and training regimen." He nods, nearly pulling Arlo over his head before the sandshrew gets a better grip.

"I'm going to go to the pokemon center and then look for some jobs around town! If anyone wants to challenge me to a fight afterwards, I'll be in front of the gym for a while after that!" The young, would be champion, takes that opportunity to basically run out of the gym, excitedly heading towards the pokemon center.

There were a few pokemon centers around, and it didn't take you terribly long to find it. Compared to the sandy gym that you'd just been in, this place seemed positively sparkling. The nurse greeted you with a smile. Welcome to the Pokemon Center, please scan your Trainer License. She indicated with a wave of her hand to a machine on the counter. It had a slot in the middle, obviously meant for scanning cards.

The machine swallowed your card easily, and the nurse glanced at her computer, checking to make sure the picture on the card matched your face. When she looked up, she had a bright smile on her face. Congratulations on your recent acquisition of a trainer card! Pokemon Centers can provide a wide variety of services from healing to TM application, to rest rooms. How may I help you today?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

"I know about the Type Chart," Marcus says quietly, a little offended. He knew Fighting Types were best, but he'd meant more specific things. Still, it had been made abundantly clear that Marcus wasn't wanted here.

"Actually, I think I'm okay now," the boy mutters dejectedly. "Thanks," he adds before shuffling off, planning to make his way home. He didn't expect, well, any excitement from his parents, but maybe they'd manage to surprise him?
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-08-17 at 05:13 PM.

Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raymond reached out, putting his hand on the counter so that Jasper could skitter down. Then he removed the backpack, looking through its contents. Pokeballs, potions, bandages, and finally what looked to be a disc of some sort. He assumed this was the TM that Lillian had talked about because it was the only thing in the bag that he didn't recognize. Taking the TM out, Ray offered it to the nurse as he said, "Mrs. Summers gave this to me for my Joltik. Would you be able to teach it to him?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"I uh, need to heal up Arlo!" Dominic says, gesturing to the sandshrew that was still clinging to his head. Yes, he'd literally run over with Arlo on his head. "And could you apply this TM too? Savannah says it's a good move." He pulls out the TM from the pack that the gym leader had given him and sets in on the counter. "I gotta hurry up and find some jobs around town. I need to buy bait and do some battling before the next caravan leaves!"

19. - Top - End - #139

Androssi commanded another harden, her arms crossed and a curious look on her face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aron used harden!
    "Gladia, dance forward one more time!"
    Spoiler: Round 5
    Show
    Gladia shifts forward one and reaches +6 CS ATK, putting her at 24 ATK.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Thanks, I'll just walk around for a bit then," he replies politely, a bit surprised by how long the check up would take; making him truly thankful THistle didn't get hurt any worse.

Now with more time in hands then he knew what to do with, he decided it best to walk around the center for a bit before heading to the nearby shops. Now that he was a trainer it was best for him to get acquianted with the sorts of things he could buy now...and their prices; besides, it wouldn't hurt to see if there were any bulletin boards or notices around the center or shops with things for Trainer's just starting out.

Being prepared helped them through their gym match, now it was time to start planning their next course of action...and how much money they'll need to pull it off.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

"I know about the Type Chart," Marcus says quietly, a little offended. He knew Fighting Types were best, but he'd meant more specific things. Still, it had been made abundantly clear that Marcus wasn't wanted here.

"Actually, I think I'm okay now," the boy mutters dejectedly. "Thanks," he adds before shuffling off, planning to make his way home. He didn't expect, well, any excitement from his parents, but maybe they'd manage to surprise him?
    As you were leaving the park, a boy about your age approached you. It took you a second, but then you remembered the single other trainer taking the Stormwrack trainer exam. It was the green hair that had jogged your memory. He gave a friendly nod of his head as he approached, his voice clear and crisp. Well she didn't seem like the happiest camper in the forest, he noted. Kind of pretentious i think. She was in the same boat as us at one point.

He extended his hand. I'm Puck by the way, newly christened League Trainer, just like you.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-17 at 06:42 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Raymond reached out, putting his hand on the counter so that Jasper could skitter down. Then he removed the backpack, looking through its contents. Pokeballs, potions, bandages, and finally what looked to be a disc of some sort. He assumed this was the TM that Lillian had talked about because it was the only thing in the bag that he didn't recognize. Taking the TM out, Ray offered it to the nurse as he said, "Mrs. Summers gave this to me for my Joltik. Would you be able to teach it to him?"
    Of course! the nurse replied. It'll take about an hour and a half for us to apply the TM. You can either wait here, or you can leave and return later to pick the Joltik up.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    "I uh, need to heal up Arlo!" Dominic says, gesturing to the sandshrew that was still clinging to his head. Yes, he'd literally run over with Arlo on his head. "And could you apply this TM too? Savannah says it's a good move." He pulls out the TM from the pack that the gym leader had given him and sets in on the counter. "I gotta hurry up and find some jobs around town. I need to buy bait and do some battling before the next caravan leaves!"
    The nurse chuckled at the sandshrew's awkward position. Of course I can, although I'll need him inside his pokeball in order to do either. The whole process will take about two hours to complete. TMs take a while to administer safely.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

"Gladia, dance forward one more time!"
    Show
    Gladia shifts forward one and reaches +6 CS ATK, putting her at 24 ATK.
    As the Aron was using Harden she called out I do hope that this battle can finally begin, your dances won't raise Gladia's attack anymore. .

Spoiler
    Show
    Aron uses Harden!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    "Thanks, I'll just walk around for a bit then," he replies politely, a bit surprised by how long the check up would take; making him truly thankful THistle didn't get hurt any worse.

Now with more time in hands then he knew what to do with, he decided it best to walk around the center for a bit before heading to the nearby shops. Now that he was a trainer it was best for him to get acquianted with the sorts of things he could buy now...and their prices; besides, it wouldn't hurt to see if there were any bulletin boards or notices around the center or shops with things for Trainer's just starting out.

Being prepared helped them through their gym match, now it was time to start planning their next course of action...and how much money they'll need to pull it off.
    You wandered into many different stores, all sponsored by Varro Corp and all with different specialties. There was a basic supplies shop with pokeballs, potions, and other essential items. The Held Item shop was closed to those without a badge yet. There was even a food store that could supply you with Candy Bars, Moomoo Milk, Baby Food, and a variety of berries.

You did find a bulletin board for trainers and, while most of the jobs weren't appropriate for a new trainer, you saw one that looked promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Cafe
    The Cosmic Cafe is always in need of odd jobs, drop by anytime and ask for Priscilla if you need a bit of quick cash. Prices vary. Rank 0+, pokemon required.
    Browsing so many shops took a surprisingly long time, and an hour and a half passed by in a blur as you experienced so many new things. Even without a pokemon, the single object of your trainer license made Stormwrack look like a whole new city.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, hi!" Marcus says, frown quickly flipping across the horizontal axis. "Sorry that I didn't stay for your fight; I was in a bit of a hurry," Marcus says with an awkward chuckle.

"Marcus, by the way," the boy says, taking Puck's hand. "I don't know what her deal was. When I'm a baddass I'll still help newbies out. Not like it takes that long, right?" Marcus says, shaking his head.

"So, how'd your battle go? You obviously won, but was it as agonizingly close as mine?" Marcus asks, wincing slightly as he remembers just how close to losing he came.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-08-17 at 06:52 PM.

Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"Oh! Ok." That put a little damper into Dominic's plans, but maybe he wouldn't actually need Arlo to earn some money? "You wouldn't know anyone who hires new trainers for odd jobs would you?" He asks, pulling out Arlo's pokeball and recalling the silly beast. He hands the nurse Arlo's ball and grins. "I'm gonna be the Champion some day!"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ray looked to his Joltik, smiling, "Hear that, Jasper? I'll see you in an hour and a half." He pointed the pokeball at the little tick pokemon, returning it. The boy then handed the ball and the TM over to the nurse. "I don't really have anything I need to do... I guess I'll just wait for Jasper then."

With that decided, Ray found an empty seat and took it, waiting patiently for his friend to get the TM applied.

29. - Top - End - #149

As the Aron was using Harden she called out I do hope that this battle can finally begin, your dances won't raise Gladia's attack anymore. .

Spoiler
    Show
    Aron uses Harden!
    "You don't seem to be in much of a hurry yourself." By the Golem God, I sound like one of those braggarts from the programs! Is this what Pokemon battling does to people? "Gladia, move forward and... engage." This was so unlike what he had imagined his first duel would be like.
    Show
    Gladia shifts forward 2

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Ray looked to his Joltik, smiling, "Hear that, Jasper? I'll see you in an hour and a half." He pointed the pokeball at the little tick pokemon, returning it. The boy then handed the ball and the TM over to the nurse. "I don't really have anything I need to do... I guess I'll just wait for Jasper then."

With that decided, Ray found an empty seat and took it, waiting patiently for his friend to get the TM applied.
    About an hour and a half into the healing another trainer walked in. She was a dirty blond who wore her a low ponytail. A fishing rod was slung across her back and she quickly dropped off her pokemon for healing, although no TM application. As she went to wait, she noticed you sitting there. She hiked up her overalls and placed a large straw hat on her and tucked her ponytail underneath.

She drifted over to you with a smile on her face, and your recognized her as one of the challengers that went after you. You're Ray right? Your battle earlier was so cool! I went fourth, but it didn't go nearly as smoothly as yours did. I got the license though, and that's all that matters right? I love Perry dearly, but she just doesn't have the status abilities that your Joltik does. My name's Yellow by the way, and its nice to meet you! She said all this very quickly without taking a break and had to take a deep gasping breath after she'd finished.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show