New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER the 13th

[Adir and Sakura's Room]

Sakura nods, a little distracted. A few seconds later she seems to come into focus. "Do you think that you'd want more kids? It's not something we have to worry about for a while of course, but I was just thinking about it."

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Halfling in the Playground

Adir and Sakura's Room

Adir's taken off guard by that, but he catches up quickly enough. Perhaps Sakura would've liked some siblings when she was growing up. "Well... I'm gonna live pretty long, like my dad, so probably. Eventually. Yeah." He seems a tad nervous about the subject. The reply was rather impulsive. "Do you think Laela would do better with some brothers and sisters?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-14 at 12:24 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

[Adir and Sakura's Room]

"Well, I think it would be good, yeah." Sakura gives him a warm smile and chuckles. "Sorry about putting you on the spot like that. I was just thinking about it is all. Let's just worry about Laela right now." She gives his a peck on the cheek.

4. - Top - End - #1444

Adir and Sakura's room

"Well, you worry about Laela. I'll worry about both of you." Adir says, cupping her shoulder with one hand and smiling foolishly. "Where'd you come up with that name, anyway? Cessie suggest it, or...?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

[Adir and Sakura's Room]

"Not Cessie. You know that village that I stayed at for a while? The one I showed you in the first dream we shared? There was one woman that was pregnant when I was there." She looks a tad sheepish. "A few other women and us were talking about baby names. Pretty much all the names I said were mentioned then. I guess it just stuck in my head."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-11-14 at 01:22 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1446

Adir and Sakura's Room

"Yeah, you told me about her. And the names too... seems like this village gave you a lot of ideas." Adir raises his eyebrows. "Do you think you'd still feel the same? If you'd never been there?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

[Adir and Sakura's Room]

Sakura thinks for a moment, but the shrug that comes after sum up her thoughts. "I don't know. I guess that's when I first really knew that I wanted kids, but I have no idea if it would have changed much if I never stayed there."

8. - Top - End - #1448

[Adir and Sakura's Room]

"Yeah. I'm just so glad we're gonna get a house first. Can you imagine? A little girl running around here? I mean, not to mention it'll be safer." Adir seems amused.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

[Adir and Sakura's Room]

Sakura giggles. "Yeah, it was a good idea. I never even thought of getting a house of our own." She smiles as she recalls the dreamscape version of it.

10. - Top - End - #1450

Adir and Sakura's Room

"Now see, that's what I'm here for." Adir grins, sitting up a little and propping a pillow against the headboard. He lies there, glancing out the window. "I can't wait. I just hope we can get it built soon enough."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

[Adir and Sakura's Room]

"We've still got a little while yet at least." Sakura shifts with him, though only propping her head up with her pillow a bit. She's looking a bit tired by this point, in fact. "I'm sure you'll figure it out."

12. - Top - End - #1452

Adir and Sakura's Room

"I'm sure. Just wish me luck." Adir leans over to plant a kiss on her forehead. "You sound like you're getting tired again."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

[Adir and Sakura's Room]

Sakura smiles. "Yeah, a little bit. I feel like I've been sleeping too much, but I've been tired. I guess I could take a nap." She doesn't sound like she wants too all that badly.

She'll be wishing she could sleep so much once the baby is born.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Barracks]

Now she is really confused. Why does Harnel think she is a fighter?

"I don't really understand. Why do you want to throw me into a combat oriented organisation?"
    [Barracks]

"Because even if you aren't a warrior like I am, a dragon is still a dragon, and thus quite tough. It was a suggestion, nothing more."
    Harnel shrugs. He's not sure what else to say.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Main Room

Dar is still here, perhaps sitting one a couch and breaking it yet again. Upon seeing Decker and Butler's *ahem* activities, he stands up, the couch groaning in agony.

Mr. Sirtch might find himself tapped upon the shoulder. Should he turn, he'll find Dar pointing at the two cat-people. "You are the arbiterrr, yes? There seems to be another fight."
    ((Fudge, completely missed this. My bad, Murkus.))

*Ahem*

Sirtch turns, staring at Dar for a moment or two with that unnaturally wide and permanent rictus grin, before turning his attentions toward the catpeople, and then back to Dar.

"Alien mating ritual, son. Until the reproductive bits are involved, it's more or less permissible, along a sliding scale of decency that varies from individual to individual, but if anyone starts taking any clothes off, then it'd be for the best that our dynamic duo find themselves a room. If you're still uncomfortable with the goings-on, I can recommend asking them to relocate, but beyond that, it's out of my hands."

In simpler terms, Decker is scary as hell. You're on your own, buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #1456

Adir and Sakura's Room

"If you want. I've got work at the Militia anyway." Plus, he wanted to ask Harnel about going out for drinks later. Adir strokes her hair gently, watching for a reaction.

Main Room

Dar takes his turn to look between Sirtch and the kissing couple. His neck vibrates ponderously. "Nnno. Though I have never seennn such a ritual. Many other species would hurt one anotherrr, with their mouths as such." He shakes his head and stomps toward the couch again. "Such weak jaws. I suppose that is the reason whyyy."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Barracks]

"Because even if you aren't a warrior like I am, a dragon is still a dragon, and thus quite tough. It was a suggestion, nothing more."
    Harnel shrugs. He's not sure what else to say.
    [Barracks]

"I can't say I am a fighter or not. And the problem I have is also the thing that I don't know for what side I fight. I can't remember that."

Hard question. It's common that color dragons are on the bad side, with a few exceptions.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

[Barracks]

"That's a choice that you make, not someone else. Decide who to fight for if you want to fight. You need to decide things for yourself if you want to earn respect from people." It's clear from his tone that Harnel means himself in that regard as well.

If Adir is looking for him, the deer man will likely find Harnel speaking with Vutha here in the barracks.

19. - Top - End - #1459

[Barracks]

Vutha holds her head like something hurts. Ineed the spell she was under for many years still takes effect.

"I would like to hear more about these Organisations, but I won't like to ask just someone. Everyone will do there best to make sure I pick them. And since you are the only person I trust I would ask you."

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

[Barracks]

"Simple," Harnel says, "First off, there's watchtower, where you are now. Our job is to handle threats to the Nexus; usually that includes world ending stuff. We're somewhat informal, but we know what's what."

"NO stands for Neutralist Organization. They're a mercenary group that specializes in gathering information and jobs that require finesse. They seem like a good group. They don't like me much because of a job that went sour, but they'd probably like you."

"GLoG stands for Good League of Good. They're supposed to be reforming people that are evil, but I honestly haven't seen much of that happening. They did however run a charity even a while ago, and took in some slaves us here at Watch rescued, so they aren't bad people, just maybe not as on the ball as they should be."

"AMEN stands for the Association of Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious. Most of the people there just want to cause chaos, consolidate power, or get money. My opinion? They're incompetent. They're infighting constantly, even though they have the resources to challenge anybody they set their mind to if they actually got themselves in gear and did something. Until they do, they'll always seem like morons to me."

"Finally, there's Remnant. They're the government for the city, being the remnants of the old empire. I don't think they like people who don't have human blood in them, so you might not have a chance joining up with them, but they're a military outfit, so for those in their ranks the pay is good and there's lots of excitement."

That said, sometimes something simpler is a better choice. If you want to avoid the organizations altogether, I know of a couple places that are hiring workers. Mallside is A building filled with a lot of different shops, a marketplace. Might be worth looking at I suppose. Something the locals refer to as MaGLoG though, standing for the Gambling League of Gambling. I'm pretty sure the owner though it was a clever pun on GLoG, but I think it just causes confusion.. anyways, the owner, Magtok, is hiring women to work there. Maybe you'll be able to get a job there if you try."

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Adir and Sakura's Room

"If you want. I've got work at the Militia anyway." Plus, he wanted to ask Harnel about going out for drinks later. Adir strokes her hair gently, watching for a reaction.
    "Oh, alright. I guess I'll sleep." Sakura says with a fake pout. It fades almost immediately in favour of a smile, however. "Love you." A moment later she closes her eyes, still smiling at him, and soon enough she'll drift off.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Adir and Sakura's Room

"Love you too."

Adir will lie with her awhile, until the last available minute, before rising and changing into his militia outfit. The stag pulls up the covers a bit before clapping on his beret and slipping out the door.

...Considering his current workday is held in deadtime, I'll timeskip for now.

Barracks

The stag appears here sometime later, looking for Harnel, still dressed in his fatigues and red beret. Of course, seeing him conversing with someone, Adir decides to wait a moment.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-15 at 02:35 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Labs]

Wenomir clears his throat after entering, hoping to get DC's attention in a manner unlikely to cause explosive malfunctions.
    "Wenomir. What is it?" DC doesn't look up from his tinkering. Maybe he noticed before and just didn't say anything because he was busy.

Who knows? The point is he's replying now, at least, though he's still working.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

[Labs]

Wenomir leans against the doorframe. Ilpholin had an interesting idea. She wants to go to AMEN, take it over and direct their violent urges at useful targets.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #1465

[Barracks]

In her mind she makes out what she knows about her and the Organisations. She isn't a person for finesse. GloG sounds boring. AMEN is to chaotic. Watch has it's obvious reasons namly Harnel with his wife. So there stays MaGloG.

"Well then I should have a look at this MaGloG then."

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

[Zombie-Free Entrance]

Deadtime is broken - temporarily at least - as Wenomir, having returned the soul-sucking dagger to the vault, returns to see if KR is still there.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

Barracks

The stag appears here sometime later, looking for Harnel, still dressed in his fatigues and red beret. Of course, seeing him conversing with someone, Adir decides to wait a moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Barracks]

In her mind she makes out what she knows about her and the Organisations. She isn't a person for finesse. GloG sounds boring. AMEN is to chaotic. Watch has it's obvious reasons namly Harnel with his wife. So there stays MaGloG.

"Well then I should have a look at this MaGloG then."
    [Barracks]

"If that's what you think is best." Harnel nods.

He turns towards Adir, smiling, and says, "Hey there, Antlers. What's up?"

28. - Top - End - #1468

[Barracks]

"Who is that?"

She looks at Adir.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

The zombies groan. GROAN. Even their patience isn't infinite.
    Right?
    *pokes zombies* I dunno. I guess it probably is. Being zombies and all.

[Front Door]

Someone... RINGS THE DOORBELL instead of knocking. How rude of them! They do this twice even.

Unless there's no doorbell, in which case it kills this post and there's hurried knocking instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #1470

Barracks

Adir grins at Harnel's nickname. He likes it when his rack gets attention. "Not too much, man. Just got off work. You wanna go grab a beer?" The stag sounds like he has some things on his mind. He glances toward the girl. "Am I interrupting? Who's your friend?"

Front Door

The door is answered!

By the twelve foot orange worm-collective who is currently covered in 'spiritual armor'.

Dar hums as he looks down to see who it is. Well, hopefully looks down. If Dar has to look up, that's probably bad news for Watch.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2011-11-17 at 01:36 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters