New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping itP II: Scourge of the Seven Seas

I love it. I want to have wild raunchy liasons with that fic, that's how much I love it.

You are going to do more.

I hope.

Please?

EDIT: Oh, and the only continuity lapse that I can see is the lack of any mention of Down The Rabbit Hole, which, if you'll remember, was effectivly the biggest album of the decade. But I suppose that the fake Rolling Stone reviews could merely call him a fluke, break down his confidance even more.
    Last edited by Raistlin1040; 2008-10-08 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ettin in the Playground

The cuts between scene were confusing, but, in my opinion, perfect...they underlined the surreality of the situation.

Is surreality a word?

In any case.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    I love it. I want to have wild raunchy liasons with that fic, that's how much I love it.

You are going to do more.

I hope.

Please?

EDIT: Oh, and the only continuity lapse that I can see is the lack of any mention of Down The Rabbit Hole, which, if you'll remember, was effectivly the biggest album of the decade. But I suppose that the fake Rolling Stone reviews could merely call him a fluke, break down his confidance even more.
    I agree with Rairai.
    Hehe. I said 'wuv'.

Its cute, and...you did make allusions to Pattie Boyd, wee.
    Vespe, you have to be one of my favorite shippers. Right after Kneenibble And Helgraf and up there with Curly and Cristo.
    Last edited by RabbitHoleLost; 2008-10-09 at 12:19 AM.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    The cuts between scene were confusing, but, in my opinion, perfect...they underlined the surreality of the situation.

Is surreality a word?

In any case.
    Use "surrealism." Although, actually, surreality is technically a word, just not a very good one.

Personally, I felt myself getting lost a bit in the quirkiness of the fic, but I still thought it was enjoyable. I'd like to see something slightly more... coherent(?) from you next time, Vespe. You can clearly write, I just want something that doesn't leave me going "bwuh?".

edit: shoot! I'm supposed to be writing now! *scurries off*
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2008-10-09 at 12:18 AM.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Ah! Fanfic! FANFIC!

*falls to the ground screaming and flailing arms wildly*

*stops moving*
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    Ah! Fanfic! FANFIC!

*falls to the ground screaming and flailing arms wildly*

*stops moving*
    ::kicks in the stomach::
    Yeah, that's right. Fanfic. Involving forum members.
    Actually, I'm not sure it even classifies as fanfic.. o.o

— Iain S. Thomas

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    ::kicks in the stomach::
    Yeah, that's right. Fanfic. Involving forum members.
    Actually, I'm not sure it even classifies as fanfic.. o.o
    *fangirls over RHL, squee, glomp and ask for autograph, that sort of thing*

Fanfics now. Happy? =3
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Bugbear in the Playground

Surreal? Did someone say surreal?
    PhoeKun/A strawberry hat
    Fishsticks

Spoiler
    Show
    FLORKENBAAG.
    The riveting gyrating novel-bags fell ominously through the laser semolina. Upon the rigatoni planes of Kazakhstan, chickens chickens chickens chickens.

Can you feel the sunshine
    Does it brighten up your day?

Phoe fell, flying forget fried. dssdfffscreee cake.

But no.

A many years ago, when Phoe was just a little boy living in a box of pickles in her parent's basement, her only friend and constant companion was a Sean Connery.

Ah amsh jush a poorsh booysh thoush mysh storiesh sheldom toldsh.

But now, she pickle the world, trapping it within a jar to be retained upon a shelf for all eternity, crafting and stewing within its own Albuquerque.

Oh, look, a puppy.

Regarding the cuts, though, I suppose I bit off more than I could chew. I was trying to go for something like each song was someone's point of view, or whatever...in retrospect, pretty pretentious. Never let me do it again.

Oh, and you don't have to add this fic to the index. This is just me being silly.
    Last edited by Vespe Ratavo; 2008-10-09 at 06:27 AM.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

Very wonderful piece, Vespe (both of them!)

Puts my stuff to shame. I wish I could write in the same surrealist sense, but my prose is always extremely lean.

Bravo!

On a sadder note... I don't think I will have Chapter 2 finished before my wedding and subsequent honeymoon... so you guys probably won't get it until after the 19th...

10. - Top - End - #910

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Very wonderful piece, Vespe (both of them!)

Puts my stuff to shame. I wish I could write in the same surrealist sense, but my prose is always extremely lean.

Bravo!

On a sadder note... I don't think I will have Chapter 2 finished before my wedding and subsequent honeymoon... so you guys probably won't get it until after the 19th...
    Psh, you have got to get your priorities straight...

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Psh, you have got to get your priorities straight...
    You know, I hear a lot of conflicting reports based on that very topic...

12. - Top - End - #912

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    You know, I hear a lot of conflicting reports based on that very topic...
    Well who ya gonna trust: your wife-to-be or some stranger (emphasis on strange) that you met on the internet?
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-10-09 at 08:32 AM.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Well who ya gonna trust: your wife-to-be or some stranger (emphasis on strange) that you met on the internet?
    Well... my wife isn't a nerd, a gamer, or a writer... She, in fact, is pretty much everything that I'm not...

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

I got something done a bit earlier than expected. Hopefully, gentle readers, you can forgive a bit of exposition (especially towards the end).

Cast of Characters Thus Far:
    Moon_Called
    Terraoblivion
    TwoBitWriter
    Gem Flower
    Alien

Ships Thus Far
    Moon_Called/Terraoblivion
    TwoBitWriter/Gem Flower

I'll add more ships in the future as the story progresses and more characters are introduced.

Seventeen Shards: Part One

Spoiler
    Show
    Moon Called stood in the cool air, staring up at the night sky.

“Can’t sleep?” Terraoblivion, wrapped up in a blanket, asked as she approached.

Moon smiled at Terra, turned back to the sky, and shook her head. “If we’re going to do this, it has to be right. I’ve been over the ritual again and again. I think I’ve got it, but this isn’t the sort of thing to enter into blindly. I’m hoping the stars will share some secrets, give me a hint of what’s to come.”

“What are they telling you?”

Moon shivered. “Mostly, they’re telling me I should’ve worn warmer clothes when I came out here!”

Laughing, Terra stepped behind Moon and wrapped her arms around the slightly shorter woman. Brushing a length of hair aside, Terra kissed Moon’s neck softly. “Silly. Winter comes early up here in the mountains. You should come back inside, come to bed before sickness finds you.”

“Bah! Isn’t that why I keep Gem Flower and you around, to keep illness at bay?” Moon teased.

“Oh! Is that all I’m good for, mixing potions?” Terra kissed her again.

“Mm. Well, I suppose there are other benefits.” Moon turned to face her lover and returned the kiss.

“Why don’t you come to bed? Gem and Alien are confident everything will be fine. This is their brother we’re talking about, after all.”

“Yes, their brother who renounced his oaths as a paladin to become host to a demonshard! I wish I had their confidence he can be trusted. If the wards fail… I don’t want to be responsible for loosing evil like that into the world. Raven knows, we’ve got enough troubles.”

Terra hugged her tightly. They couldn’t allow the bakeneko to escape again. “The wards will hold, we all believe in you. You’ve never let us down before, and you won’t start tomorrow.”

“What about the bakeneko?”

“That wasn’t your fault. How could you have known? You did as well as any of us could. Nobody thinks it’s your fault; don’t blame yourself. Tomorrow the demon will tell us how to stop the bakeneko and we’ll put things right.”

“With luck.”

“No. Things will go as planned and we’ll succeed because of you, wait and see. Now, come inside and let’s get warmed up in bed. We need to get some rest and there’s nothing more you can do tonight.”

Moon nodded and allowed herself to be lead back towards the cabin they’d been renting from the villagers. Otherwise rather stout, the roof had a steep slope to prevent ice and snow from building up during the winter and causing the ceiling to cave in. Despite the preventative measures, it was obvious the roof had been patched in several places. All five of them hoped they could finish the job here and leave the area before snow fell.

As the women entered the cabin, TwoBitWriter and Alien looked up from the crude map of the town they’d stretched out on the squat table in the cabin’s main room. A modest oil lamp on the table and a fireplace, nearby, lit the room.

“Finally heading to bed, ladies?” TwoBit asked. “It’s about time, it’s getting late and you’ll need your strength tomorrow.”

“Yes, daddy.” Moon said; then stuck out her tongue.

Terra stifled a giggle as the women crossed the room. Ushering Moon into the room they shared, Terra shrugged at TwoBit, then entered the room and shut the door behind her.

“That’s a strange pair,” TwoBit said quietly, his eyes lingering on the door for a second before returning to the map.

“That’s witches and mystics for you. They’re a bit peculiar, what with their heads half in the spirit world most of the time. Kinda like your head and the gutter!” Alien smiled.

TwoBit looked at his friend. “Hey! Gem and I are happy together, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh, come on, now. I know you look at other ladies, boss. No need to hide it from me. Well, so long as you’re only looking at them, that is!” Alien fiddled with a dagger on his belt. “After all, can’t be letting you hurt my sister.”

TwoBit smiled. “You’re all talk and you know it, kid. And I thought I told you to stop calling me ‘boss.’”

“Well, I’d call you ‘brother,’ but it just seems creepy, what with you sleeping with my sister and all.”

“You turd.”

“Turd-burglar.”

“No, burglary’s your job, remember.”

“Aye, and yours is hitting stuff with sharp sticks.”

“Again, with that phony accent! You grew up in the same town as Gem and I, why do you talk like that?”

Alien made a show of looking hurt. “I just like it, is all. One day, I’m going to meet me a dashing gentleman, who’ll be quite taken with my careful accent. Foreign-sounding blokes are sexy; everyone knows that. He’ll pull me up onto his horse and then we’ll ride off into the sunset together.”

“Ugh. You and your fantasies.”

“What’s wrong with a little romance? Heck, maybe you should pay more attention when I’m telling my stores. Might do wonders for you and Gem.”

“Isn’t there some sort of law against giving your sister’s boyfriend suggestions like that?”

“Maybe. I’m probably not the guy to ask if you’re curious about laws; they don’t really interest me much.”

“Uh-huh.” TwoBit sighed. “In any case, perhaps we should heed my own advice and get some rest. I’ve still got next-to-no idea what to expect tomorrow. I trust Moon, but are we sure your brother will play nice?”

“Half-brother, we share a mother. And search me, I haven’t seen nor spoke with him for more’n ten years. He’s much older than me; I was three when he was called to service.”

“Well, Gem trusts things will go fine.”

Alien shrugged. “She knows him better. But there’s really no telling how he’s changed since he got himself a demonshard.”

“Hm. I suppose we’ll find out tomorrow. Get some sleep, kid.”

“You too, boss.”

After TwoBit wandered off into the bedroom he shared with Gem, who was already sound asleep, Alien turned his attention back to the town map.

On the map Moon had marked the spot, just a little ways off from town, where she thought was the best place to perform the ritual that would summon Alien and Gem’s now-demonic half-brother. The ritual, as Alien understood it, would transport him into a magic circle Moon would draw beforehand and then compel him to answer three questions. He would be unable to return to the Underworld or otherwise leave the circle until the questions were answered and Moon dismissed him. Meanwhile, the circle and other wards would prevent his demonic powers from influencing or hurting anyone outside the circle.

The whole point of this was to question him about the whereabouts, and methods to defeat, a creature that had been preying on the people of the village. Known as a bakeneko, the creature behind the attacks was an evil, shape-changing spirit-beast. When Alien and his friends had first taken the job, they’d assumed that the culprit was merely a hungry, and unusually cunning, mountain lion. The cats were common a bit further up the mountain and it wasn’t too rare for them to come down looking for a snack.

Now, weeks later, the truth had been revealed when Moon had accidentally caught it feeding. She’d done what she could to save the villager, but her magic had done little more than annoy the creature. Frankly, the situation scared the piss out of all of them. But things were personal now, and they were committed to finishing the job at almost any cost. Which meant they had to learn more and summoning a demon was the only method available to them this far from the cities and libraries.

Of course, to even have a chance of summoning a demon, they had to now one by name. The names of some demons were well known, even to peasants. These demons were ancient, and the demonshards were known to influence their hosts more and more as time passed until there was nothing left of the human personality of the poor soul who served as a host to the shard. But someone who’d only recently seized a shard might retain a shred of humanity. This was what they were all betting on by attempting to summon Gem and Alien’s absent brother.

So, they had three questions. Hopefully, it would be enough to find out how to kill the bakeneko. It certainly wasn’t enough to also find out why a holy warrior would forfeit his life, oaths, and soul in order to serve as a vessel for a literal embodiment of evil. There had to be reasons, good reasons, but they were a haunting mystery that would possibly never be solved.

“I suppose this is all a wolpertinger,” Alien said aloud to the empty room. “Focus on the task at hand, kill the beast, and worry about all these distractions when the job’s done.”

With a sigh, he blew out the oil lamp. Relying on the fireplace’s light, he walked over to where his bedroll was strewn on the floor, curled up in the blankets, and tried to get to sleep.

Supplemental Information
    Spoiler
    Show

Demon: A bearer of/host to one of the seventeen demonshards. Those possessing a demonshard are extraordinarily powerful but trapped in the Underworld unless summoned by mortals. Though the demonshards are considered to be indestructible, and their bearers immortal, the shards can be passed from one bearer to another under the the right conditions, which occasionally results in a coup among the demonic powers. Demons are said to constantly monitor and influence mortals, looking for a way to return to the world. Each demonshard is associated with a particular evil, such as Madness or Lust, but the exact powers granted, and the true nature of each shard, varies and overlaps somewhat.
    Raven: The principle deity of the land. Raven is held responsible for creating humans, or at least gifting them with intelligence. However, Raven is also a trickster deity and is known to occasionaly pluck gifts from the hands of those deemed undeserving. Raven seldom meddles directly in human affairs, relying paladins and priests to provide guidance and do other good works. Raven is also believed to watch over and protect the spirits of the dead.
    Wolpertinger: a strictly mythological creature, akin to a jackalope. A wolpertinger is often referenced in colloquialisms, similar to 'red herring' or 'wild goose chase.' Generally, anything perceived to be a waste of time can be considered a wolpertinger or wolpertinger hunt.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2008-10-19 at 02:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

Hooray! I've been shipped!

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

There are so many young girls in that fic, my brain nearly asploded.
    But it was a pleasure to read nonetheless =D

— Iain S. Thomas

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

And I sound like a real manly badass. I am going to have to up the ante a bit on Ghost_Warlock's character in my ship (introduced in Chapter 2...)

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    I got something done a bit earlier than expected. Hopefully, gentle readers, you can forgive a bit of exposition (especially towards the end).

Cast of Characters Thus Far:
    Moon_Called
    Terraoblivion
    TwoBitWriter
    Gem Flower
    Alien

Ships Thus Far
    Moon_Called/Terraoblivion
    TwoBitWriter/Gem Flower

I'll add more ships in the future as the story progresses as more characters are introduced.

Seventeen Shards: Part One

Spoiler
    Show
    Moon Called stood in the cool air, staring up at the night sky.

“Can’t sleep?” Terraoblivion, wrapped up in a blanket, asked as she approached.

Moon smiled at Terra, turned back to the sky, and shook her head. “If we’re going to do this, it has to be right. I’ve been over the ritual again and again. I think I’ve got it, but this isn’t the sort of thing to enter into blindly. I’m hoping the stars will share some secrets, give me a hint of what’s to come.”

“What are they telling you?”

Moon shivered. “Mostly, they’re telling me I should’ve worn warmer clothes when I came out here!”

Laughing, Terra stepped behind Moon and wrapped her arms around the slightly shorter woman. Brushing a length of hair aside, Terra kissed Moon’s neck softly. “Silly. Winter comes early up here in the mountains. You should come back inside, come to bed before sickness finds you.”

“Bah! Isn’t that why I keep Gem Flower and you around, to keep illness at bay?” Moon teased.

“Oh! Is that all I’m good for, mixing potions?” Terra kissed her again.

“Mm. Well, I suppose there are other benefits.” Moon turned to face her lover and returned the kiss.

“Why don’t you come to bed? Gem and Alien are confident everything will be fine. This is their brother we’re talking about, after all.”

“Yes, their brother who renounced his oaths as a paladin to become host to a demonshard! I wish I had their confidence he can be trusted. If the wards fail… I don’t want to be responsible for loosing evil like that into the world. Raven knows, we’ve got enough troubles.”

Terra hugged her tightly. They couldn’t allow the bakeneko to escape again. “The wards will hold, we all believe in you. You’ve never let us down before, and you won’t start tomorrow.”

“What about the bakeneko?”

“That wasn’t your fault. How could you have known? You did as well as any of us could. Nobody thinks it’s your fault; don’t blame yourself. Tomorrow the demon will tell us how to stop the bakeneko and we’ll put things right.”

“With luck.”

“No. Things will go as planned and we’ll succeed because of you, wait and see. Now, come inside and let’s get warmed up in bed. We need to get some rest and there’s nothing more you can do tonight.”

Moon nodded and allowed herself to be lead back towards the cabin they’d been renting from the villagers. Otherwise rather stout, the roof had a steep slope to prevent ice and snow from building up during the winter and causing the ceiling to cave in. Despite the preventative measures, it was obvious the roof had been patched in several places. All five of them hoped they could finish the job here and leave the area before snow fell.

As the women entered the cabin, TwoBitWriter and Alien looked up from the crude map of the town they’d stretched out on the squat table in the cabin’s main room. A modest oil lamp on the table and a fireplace, nearby, lit the room.

“Finally heading to bed, ladies?” TwoBit asked. “It’s about time, it’s getting late and you’ll need your strength tomorrow.”

“Yes, daddy.” Moon said; then stuck out her tongue.

Terra stifled a giggle as the women crossed the room. Ushering Moon into the room they shared, Terra shrugged at TwoBit, then entered the room and shut the door behind her.

“That’s a strange pair,” TwoBit said quietly, his eyes lingering on the door for a second before returning to the map.

“That’s witches and mystics for you. They’re a bit peculiar, what with their heads half in the spirit world most of the time. Kinda like your head and the gutter!” Alien smiled.

TwoBit looked at his friend. “Hey! Gem and I are happy together, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh, come on, now. I know you look at other ladies, boss. No need to hide it from me. Well, so long as you’re only looking at them, that is!” Alien fiddled with a dagger on his belt. “After all, can’t be letting you hurt my sister.”

TwoBit smiled. “You’re all talk and you know it, kid. And I thought I told you to stop calling me ‘boss.’”

“Well, I’d call you ‘brother,’ but it just seems creepy, what with you sleeping with my sister and all.”

“You turd.”

“Turd-burglar.”

“No, burglary’s your job, remember.”

“Aye, and yours is hitting stuff with sharp sticks.”

“Again, with that phony accent! You grew up in the same town as Gem and I, why do you talk like that?”

Alien made a show of looking hurt. “I just like it, is all. One day, I’m going to meet me a dashing gentleman, who’ll be quite taken with my careful accent. Foreign-sounding blokes are sexy; everyone knows that. He’ll pull me up onto his horse and then we’ll ride off into the sunset together.”

“Ugh. You and your fantasies.”

“What’s wrong with a little romance? Heck, maybe you should pay more attention when I’m telling my stores. Might do wonders for you and Gem.”

“Isn’t there some sort of law against giving your sister’s boyfriend suggestions like that?”

“Maybe. I’m probably not the guy to ask if you’re curious about laws; they don’t really interest me much.”

“Uh-huh.” TwoBit sighed. “In any case, perhaps we should heed my own advice and get some rest. I’ve still got next-to-no idea what to expect tomorrow. I trust Moon, but are we sure your brother will play nice?”

“Half-brother, we share a mother. And search me, I haven’t seen not spoke with him for more’n ten years. He’s much older than me; I was three when he was called to service.”

“Well, Gem trusts things will go fine.”

Alien shrugged. “She knows him better. But there’s really no telling how he’s changed since he got himself a demonshard.”

“Hm. I suppose we’ll find out tomorrow. Get some sleep, kid.”

“You too, boss.”

After TwoBit wandered off into the bedroom he shared with Gem, who was already sound asleep, Alien turned his attention back to the town map.

On the map Moon had marked the spot, just a little ways off from town, where she thought was the best place to perform the ritual that would summon Alien and Gem’s now-demonic half-brother. The ritual, as Alien understood it, would transport him into a magic circle Moon would draw beforehand and then compel him to answer three questions. He would be unable to return to the Underworld or otherwise leave the circle until the questions were answered and Moon dismissed him. Meanwhile, the circle and other wards would prevent his demonic powers from influencing or hurting anyone outside the circle.

The whole point of this was to question him about the whereabouts, and methods to defeat, a creature that had been preying on the people of the village. Known as a bakeneko, the creature behind the attacks was an evil, shape-changing spirit-beast. When Alien and his friends had first taken the job, they’d assumed that the culprit was merely a hungry, and unusually cunning, mountain lion. The cats were common a bit further up the mountain and it wasn’t too rare for them to come down looking for a snack.

Now, weeks later, the truth had been revealed when Moon had accidentally caught it feeding. She’d done what she could to save the villager, but her magic had done little more than annoy the creature. Frankly, the situation scared the piss out of all of them. But things were personal now, and they were committed to finishing the job at almost any cost. Which meant they had to learn more and summoning a demon was the only method available to them this far from the cities and libraries.

Of course, to even have a chance of summoning a demon, they had to now one by name. The names of some demons were well known, even to peasants. These demons were ancient, and the demonshards were known to influence their hosts more and more as time passed until there was nothing left of the human personality of the poor soul who served as a host to the shard. But someone who’d only recently seized a shard might retain a shred of humanity. This was what they were all betting on by attempting to summon Gem and Alien’s absent brother.

So, they had three questions. Hopefully, it would be enough to find out how to kill the bakeneko. It certainly wasn’t enough to also find out why a holy warrior would forfeit his life, oaths, and soul in order to serve as a vessel for a literal embodiment of evil. There had to be reasons, good reasons, but they were a haunting mystery that would possibly never be solved.

“I suppose this is all a wolpertinger,” Alien said aloud to the empty room. “Focus on the task at hand, kill the beast, and worry about all these distractions when the job’s done.”

With a sigh, he blew out the oil lamp. Relying on the fireplace’s light, he walked over to where his bedroll was strewn on the floor, curled up in the blankets, and tried to get to sleep.

Supplemental Information
    Spoiler
    Show

Demon: A bearer of/host to one of the seventeen demonshards. Those possessing a demonshard are extraordinarily powerful but trapped in the Underworld unless summoned by mortals. Though the demonshards are considered to be indestructible, and their bearers immortal, the shards can be passed from one bearer to another under the the right conditions, which occasionally results in a coup among the demonic powers. Demons are said to constantly monitor and influence mortals, looking for a way to return to the world. Each demonshard is associated with a particular evil, such as Madness or Lust, but the exact powers granted, and the true nature of each shard, varies and overlaps somewhat.
    Raven: The principle deity of the land. Raven is held responsible for creating humans, or at least gifting them with intelligence. However, Raven is also a trickster deity and is known to occasionaly pluck gifts from the hands of those deemed undeserving. Raven seldom meddles directly in human affairs, relying paladins and priests to provide guidance and do other good works. Raven is also believed to watch over and protect the spirits of the dead.
    Wolpertinger: a strictly mythological creature, akin to a jackalope. A wolpertinger is often referenced in colloquialisms, similar to 'red herring' or 'wild goose chase.' Generally, anything perceived to be a waste of time can be considered a wolpertinger or wolpertinger hunt.
    I wanna be shipped with Gem...*pout*

If anybody will ship Gem/DD then I´l write the sequel to that Phoe/Sweetrein fic I made oh so long ago.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

19. - Top - End - #919

My lords, my ladies, my reviewers, my readers, I present you with:

AMENshipping - a series of events, romances and happenings in 'Classic' AMEN.
    (This one's Maggy/Vespe. Mostly.)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Mutter, mutter, mumble, complain, stupid Vespe blowing up my lab." Maggy said as he he picked up Clone Maggy parts up from the floor, walls and out of various other AMENites who'd been impaled by them. "Vespe!" screamed Saur from his position halfway up a wall, "You complete oaf. What in the name of the seventeen hells did you do this time?" There wasn't an answer as Vespe was lying in several pieces thanks to the swift vengeance enacted by Cassie and the asploding lab. "You know, Saur," said SP "It's quite obvious that he blew up Maggy's lab in a sad attempt to find out where Maggums Darling hid his Valentines' Day gift."
    "Wait. Maggy's bought a Valentines' Gift for Vespe?"
    "I knew it!" shouted MC "Maggy and Vespe sittin' on the rug, after more than a hug!"
    The attention of all players and characters of AMEN turned as one to look at the cyborg almost - leader of AMEN, blushing red. Silence fell, heavy as the latest booby trap lying in wait above the Armoury Room door.
    "No . . . "
    "No! Of course not, why would I - With Vespe!? Ridiculous!" Maggy stuttered out. "Then why the blush?" Cassie asked curiously. Looking panicked and more set upon than usual Maggy plunged his hand into a pocket, drew out a ray gun and shot himself in the face, eager to escape the inquisition. That wasn't Spanish. "Awww, the love birds are together in the next realm. Until their clones wake up anyway."
    "Do you suppose they're - "
    "Don't you dare finish that sentence MC! Don't you dare! We ran out of brain acid after the Magtok Song was launched."And the AMENites shuddered.

And it's actually there now!
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-10-09 at 04:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    I wanna be shipped with Gem...*pout*

If anybody will ship Gem/DD then I´l write the sequel to that Phoe/Sweetrein fic I made oh so long ago.
    You should be writing that anyway. Stop teasing me...

21. - Top - End - #921

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    My lords, my ladies, my reviewers, my readers, I present you with:

AMENshipping - a series of events, romances and happenings in 'Classic' AMEN.
    (This one's Maggy/Vespe. Mostly.)
    Spoiler
    Show

"Mutter, mutter, mumble, complain, stupid Vespe blowing up my lab." Maggy said as he he picked up Clone Maggy parts up from the floor, walls and out of various other AMENites who'd been impaled by them. "Vespe!" screamed Saur from his position halfway up a wall, "You complete oaf. What in the name of the seventeen hells did you do this time?" There wasn't an answer as Vespe was lying in several pieces thanks to the swift vengeance enacted by Cassie and the asploding lab. "You know, Saur," said SP "It's quite obvious that he blew up Maggy's lab in a sad attempt to find out where Maggums Darling hid his Valentines' Day gift."
    "Wait. Maggy's bought a Valentines' Gift for Vespe?"
    "I knew it!" shouted MC "Maggy and Vespe sittin' on the rug, after more than a hug!"
    The attention of all players and characters of AMEN turned as one to look at the cyborg almost - leader of AMEN, blushing red. Silence fell, heavy as the latest booby trap lying in wait above the Armoury Room door.
    "No . . . "
    "No! Of course not, why would I - With Vespe!? Ridiculous!" Maggy stuttered out. "Then why the blush?" Cassie asked curiously. Looking panicked and more set upon than usual Maggy plunged his hand into a pocket, drew out a ray gun and shot himself in the face, eager to escape the inquisition. That wasn't Spanish. "Awww, the love birds are together in the next realm. Until their clones wake up anyway."
    "Do you suppose they're - "
    "Don't you dare finish that sentence MC! Don't you dare! We ran out of brain acid after the Magtok Song was launched."And the AMENites shuddered.

And it's actually there now!
    Classic AMEN? Shipping? Written by Curly? With me involved in a sweet, yet slightly brain-melting pairing?

Curly, may I simply state the obvious for a moment and say that you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time and I eagerly await the next installment.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Troll in the Playground

Curly makes me a happy fangirl.
    Anything with Maggy being shipped makes me pleased.
    And classic AMEN, which I stalked and never took part in >>
    I am such a typical fangirl v.v

— Iain S. Thomas

23. - Top - End - #923

Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Classic AMEN? Shipping? Written by Curly? With me involved in a sweet, yet slightly brain-melting pairing?

Curly, may I simply state the obvious for a moment and say that you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time and I eagerly await the next installment.
    AMENshipping can be done by anyone you know. And I've been threatening the thread with AMENshipping for who knows how many pages now, so it's time it came true. Glad you liked it though.
    And if I've got room in my sig, can I sig part of that please?

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #924

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    And if I've got room in my sig, can I sig part of that please?
    Of course.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ettin in the Playground

Thus proving that in shipping, as in all things, it pays to know your audience.

26. - Top - End - #926

I write what I find fun. Besides, Classic AMEN is just insane and perfect to write about.

And I will write that RGL (Harley)/Joker one even if it takes another thread and a half. And continue with my unnamed story too.

Maybe more Queenfics? Song ideas?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #927

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon?

Also, I'm fresh out of fic ideas. Help?

28. - Top - End - #928
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon?

Also, I'm fresh out of fic ideas. Help?
    How so? Pairings or storyline?

29. - Top - End - #929

Quote Originally Posted by atomsized View Post
    How so? Pairings or storyline?
    Pairings, but a storyline is fine too.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

:: cracks knuckles::
    :: pulls out list::
    Phoe/Rabbit
    Raistlin/Magtok
    Raistlin/Haruki
    Haruki/Rabbit
    Almighty Salmon/ Haruki (Weeeee, playground incest!)
    Haruki/Magtok
    Kaelaroth/Almight Salmon
    Kaelaroth/Randman
    Randman/Jibar

...I have more >>

— Iain S. Thomas