New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [FiM] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic RP Recruitment Thread

The Mane RP Thread

OOC Thread

PONY RP!

...Okay, so this is a recruitment thread for an RP, centered around the show "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic", produced by Lauren Faust, Copyright Hasbro, and airing on the Hub.

No, this isn't a thread for "pony-based DnD". This is just role-playing. As ponies. So most of the 16 points aren't relevant here.

Instead, here's what you need to know.

----------------------------------------------------------

Setting

The setting for our RP has not yet been determined. We'd like to avoid major places that exist in-canon like Ponyville and Canterlot, so Kyuubi and I are partial to a pony village of our own.

The exact details of this village setting are not laid out yet. We're thinking of making it a budding little burg so that new ponies can be introduced and contribute to the community with ease.

Plot

No real plot, actually. Just ponies hanging out with other ponies. Though plots can and will hopefully emerge through pony-to-pony interaction.

Character Limit

There is none. Go crazy playing a thousand ponies if you wish.

And the most important part...

Register a Pony

Basically, what we want you to do for this thread is register the pony that you want to play in this setting. Give us the name of your pony, a description of what they look like, a little background on them, and any other pertinent pony info.

A formal character sheet is not required, but appreciated. As such, here's one for my own pony.

Name: Floppy Disk
    Appearance:
    Blue Earth Pony with a blonde mane and brown eyes, has a keyboard and mouse as his cutie mark. A little shorter than most colts.
    Skills: Working with electronics
    Biography: Floppy Disk is a pony in a rare position. He is fascinated by a technology that is only recently coming into vogue for ponies - computer systems. Few ponies use such things due to their high reliance on magic, but Floppy Disk is part of a fringe movement to integrate more technology into pony lives.
    Personality: Though he is a hard worker, Floppy often works himself ragged when he's trying to fix a piece of hardware or re-program some software. As such, he comes off sometimes as a tired and lazy pony. In reality, he's always willing to help a fellow pony in need, and is a loyal friend.
    Relationships: Frequent patron of Soft Serve's Soda Bar. Friend to Joyful Skies. Fixes Dr. Cusofour's computers.
    Cutie Mark: Computer Keyboard and Mouse.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2011-03-27 at 08:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic RP Recruitment Thread

I'll wait to make my pony. I wish I had a scanner. Or cookies. Oh wait I totally have cookies.
    ____

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Posting interest. I might play as an Inquisitor of the God-Empress Celestia something normal.

In all seriousness, I might take up the role of town baker, if I can come up with a suitable name and color combo.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

How about being the town's barber? :P

The name has to have connection with circus. And lumberjacking. Any ideas? :P
    Above Us Only Sky

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ahhh. zOMG. I like just became the happiest I have ever been. This is fantastic. I know nothing of the ponies, but I love ponies. So I can learn.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Name: Soft serve
    Appearance:
    Skills: Makes a mean soft drink, hard worker, and has magic. one of the best huggers you'll ever find.
    Cutie Mark: A bear hugging a heart to indicate an affinity for giving people hugs.
    Biography: Soft Serve was raised by an Earth Pony who loved soft drinks, and a Unicorn who loved Soft serve Ice cream, hence her name. She has always loved her name, and has wanted to run her own Soda bar since she first tried root beer. She finally got the money to buy her current setup about 3 years ago and has been fixing it up since then. She currently runs the place which she has called "Soft Serve's Soda bar"
    Personality: Slightly hyperactive, loves hugging people, and is willing to give just about anybody a shoulder to cry on, both literally and metaphorically.
    Relationships: Too many to mention at this point.
    Berserk Button: Making her little sister Smoothie cry.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-05-25 at 11:12 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I have decided on some of my pony's details...

His name shall be Snickerdoodle. He is the town baker, and he specializes in pastries and other deliciousness. But I need to decide on what he looks like...

Option 1:
    Coat - Tan
    Mane/Tail - Brown
    Eyes - Brown
    (Snickerdoodles are a cinnamon-loaded sugar cookie, so I chose the colors of cookie dough and cinnamon! XD)

Option 2:
    Coat - Grey
    Mane - White
    Eyes - Silver
    (I dunno, just seemed like a cool color combo... (Yay alliteration!))

Thoughts?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Option 1 makes more sense to me.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

Name: Whitefire AKA "Kaheena'hani" (Kah for short)
    Appearance: Female white pegasus pony with a red mane and dark orange eyes with a blooming cherry tree cutie mark.

Spoiler
    Show

Skills:

Martial Arts A
    Meditation A
    Gardening A+
    Athletics B
    Speed B+
    Grace B
    Painting C+
    Awareness C
    Animal handling E (C with birds)
    Socialize E
    Cooking E
    Sense of Humor E-

Biography:
    When Whitefire was younger she ran away from home. A terrible thunderstorm blew her massively off course and badly injured her, and she was found and rescued by an earth pony named Sensei. She walked with him for a time, learning his ways and doing her best to copy his enlightened attitude.

Personality:
    Whitefire is often said to be way too serious. She is almost never seen to laugh and spends most of her time by herself in her beautifully tended gardens. Other ponies find her vaguely unsettling to be around because she seems to focus on what they're saying to an almost uncomfortable degree. She is painfully earnest despite this, though, genuinely wanting to be a part of things. She's just not exactly sure how.

Relationships:
    Occasionally Whitefire can be seen watching Floppy Disc work on technology, trying to work out what he's doing and not quite able to figure out how to ask directly.

Several ponies, including Soft Serve and Snickerdoodle, seem to appreciate Whitefire's gardening. She's always happy to help them, but tends to lose her focus when the conversation moves away from gardening.

Sensei, her old sifu, might stop by sometimes, and Whitefire regards him with genuine hero worship. She's... less keen on the idea of meeting her parents again.

Silvermane is one of Whitefire's best friends and one she's quite protective of. She regularly kicks herself for forgetting to take Silvermane's shyness into account.

Virtue: Dedication
    Flaw: Curiosity
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-09-02 at 08:04 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

...Thanqol, I should warn you that you are just begging for a love triangle to suddenly emerge between Floppy, Whitefire, and Soft Serve...

Or possibly not. Ponies are random~!

^w^ More pony interest pleases me!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    ...Thanqol, I should warn you that you are just begging for a love triangle to suddenly emerge between Floppy, Whitefire, and Soft Serve...

Or possibly not. Ponies are random~!

^w^ More pony interest pleases me!
    We haven't even started and the shipping has begun

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    We haven't even started and the shipping has begun
    Hey now, no shipping Soft Serve! Not unless I say so! Bad Trobby!
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-03-23 at 10:03 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Name: Snickerdoodle
    Appearance: Pegasus Pony - Tan coat, Brown mane & tail, and Brown eyes.
    Skills: Cooking & baking, flying to deliveries, gardens as a hobby.
    Biography: Snickerdoodle was born into a family of chefs and bakers, and was named thus because his hair colors reminded his mother of her favorite cookie, cinnamon-sugar snickerdoodles. Following in his family's hoofprints, he learned to cook and bake with great skill and talent. With a passion for pastries, he set out from home to start his own bakery. Once he found a cozy little hamlet, he set up shop and quickly gained a reputation for his delicious apple pies, blueberry scones, and of course... snickerdoodles.
    Personality: Snickerdoodle is an all-around nice guy. He's friendly, kind-hearted, and has a strong sense of humor. He also has a tendency to "accidentally" include extra cookies in some orders on Fridays.
    Relationships: Gets gardening advice from Whitefire, and likes to tip Soft Serve with cookies while visiting her store.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2011-04-16 at 10:43 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, just FYI, you don't have to have a pre-set relationship with one of the ponies already in town. You can create your own character from out of town..

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Eh, "Snicker" is kinda new in town anyway, so I dunno if he'd know that many people. Besides, I'm too lazy to come up with NPCs right now.

Sooo, when do we start?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Eh, "Snicker" is kinda new in town anyway, so I dunno if he'd know that many people. Besides, I'm too lazy to come up with NPCs right now.

Sooo, when do we start?
    I'm not entirely sure. We still need a setting for the place such as a beach, at the base of a mountain, in the countryside ETC and I'll talk to Introbulus tomorrow to make sure we don't need anything else.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    I'm not entirely sure. We still need a setting for the place such as a beach, at the base of a mountain, in the countryside ETC and I'll talk to Introbulus tomorrow to make sure we don't need anything else.
    I actually think a beach/oceanic locale could open up a lot of cool stories.

And time period? Before, during or after FiM?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

And time period? Before, during or after FiM?
    After would probably work best since Introbulus wants to run a tech pony, Although if the majority of people want to run it before or during FiM then that's what we'll do.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm fine with whenever.

Though I must say I love the idea of a beach or lakeside town. That opens up options for surfing, fishing, volleyball, buried treasure, shipwrecks, giant squid, Cthulhu...

Yeah, lets go with oceanic.

20. - Top - End - #20

After would probably work best since Introbulus wants to run a tech pony, Although if the majority of people want to run it before or during FiM then that's what we'll do.
    After is also good for me - Opens up Luna-based options. I envision a Victorian era background feel but that's getting into unnecessary levels of detail.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Would it really have to be that advanced for computers to exist? I figure the cultures and tech could all still be mostly the same as the show, just with the addition of computers and a few tech thingies.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Would it really have to be that advanced for computers to exist? I figure the cultures and tech could all still be mostly the same as the show, just with the addition of computers and a few tech thingies.
    Not really; sewing machines and heavy industry existed in FiM which my super-legit timeline puts at around 1411. Having computers by 1700-1800 seems perfectly in theme.

There's also the theory that any advanced technology seen is essentially a magic item made by unicorns, hence the no visible power sources or cables.

Or, and far more likely, it's that I'm overthinking this and "Sometime after FiM and near an ocean" is all we need

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

Are you still looking for more ponies? I love me some MLP.
    Lyra Corvis- Avy done by Mechafox(Thanks!)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

The more the merrier!

I should probably start working on making Soft Serve's little sister "Smoothie" soon.

EDIT: As before, if anybody wants to talk about characters, PM/IM me.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-03-24 at 01:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, grand! The easy part is out of the way, now I actually have to go and think up a pony.

Hmm.. A soda jerk, a techie, a baker, and a martial-arts gardener. Wow, not a lot of bases left to cover. :P

With two businesses already, a third would be redundant. Seems what this batch of ponies almost craves is a sagely character like Twilight. But that's not really my forte.

For some reason I'm feeling an earth pony coming up. A beach-comber/treasure hunter. Yeah, that could work. Perhaps some sand dollars, or a clam with a pearl for the cutie mark.
    Lyra Corvis- Avy done by Mechafox(Thanks!)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

The more the merrier!

I should probably start working on making Soft Serve's little sister "Smoothie" soon.

EDIT: As before, if anybody wants to talk about characters, IM me. Please avoid PMing me at the moment though because I'm almost filled to the limit.
    Oh what the Hay. I don't know how often I'll drop in, but I post more than anyone else in the main thread, so I may as well give it a chance.

Name: Pinewood
    Appearance: A rugged looking earth pony. He has a forest green coat with a black mane. His cutey mark is an axe. He favors a black and red plaid shirt and a dark green stocking cap.
    Skills: Pinewood is a skilled lumberjack. In addition to cutting down trees and forest lore, Pinewood also cooks a mean flapjack. He is also good at story telling. Also, in the event of a fight, his axe (Lucile) is a deadly weapon, either in melee or thrown.
    Biography: He has come recently to the town of (insert name here) after the forest in his native Trottingham was declared a nature preserve. He is (in human terms) in his early 20s. After coming to (insert town here) he took up a job as the local game warden (a job similar to Fluttershy's). He only comes into town occasionally (a way for me to justify if I don't check in as often as I should).
    Personality: Pinewood is generally blunt and jovial. He has little guile and will tell you what he thinks. Pinewood loves life and parties. His most glaring flaw is a tendency to tell long tall tales of his lumberjack days that seem impossible, though he claims they are all true. He speaks with a faint French-Canadian accent that he says he picked up working with other loggers for years.
    Relationships: Being a newcomer living in the nearby forest, he has fairly few friends. His large appetite causes him to gravitate towards Soft Serve's bar and Snickerdoodle's bakery, due to that Pegasus' tendency to give out extra cookies in exchange for a tall tale. He also exchanges gardening tips with Whitefire occasionally, though he tends to receive more than he gives.

Oh yeah, Kyuubi, I'm trying to add you to my MSN stuff. Is your e-mail Soulbanish@aol?
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-03-24 at 02:06 AM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Oh yeah, Kyuubi, I'm trying to add you to my MSN stuff. Is your e-mail Soulbanish@aol?
    No, that's just my AIM name. My Email is [email protected]

My other email gives out my name and I'm kind of paranoid so I very recently made a new one.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

No, that's just my AIM name. My Email is [email protected]

My other email gives out my name and I'm kind of paranoid so I very recently made a new one.
    Does that connect to your messenger? I was hoping to chat at some point, since I've never done this sort of thing before. Plus, the chance to talk plot/characterization is always fun.

Oh, town name suggestion: Ponsylvania
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-03-24 at 02:47 AM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Boo.

Name: Joyful Skies
    Appearance: A rather small pegasus. She has a coat of frosty blue-white, with a pink mane. Her cutie mark is the outline of a heart. When flying, a pink and blue trail of heart shapes follows her.
    Skills: Joy is an excellent flier, and very very cheerful. She considers herself a matchmaker, and her special skill is romance. As of yet, she's not so good at it, but she insists she'll grow into it.
    Biography: Joy has lived here all her life, and was recently promoted to a leadership position in the weather unit. She loves the sound of rain, and idolises a certain other blue pegasus...
    Personality: Joy's personality is summed up by her name. It takes a lot to bring her down, and she can be bough up again easily. She is quite stubborn, rather impetuous, and generally inquisitive.
    Relationships: Joy knows most of the inhabitants of the village, and has probably tried to set them up with dates several times. Some of them may even have gone well.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #30

Oh, town name suggestion: Ponsylvania
    I can't believe I never thought of that one. Much applause, sir.

I'm tossing around some ideas for secondary/background characters. I tend to do this a lot in any game that'll let me and won't necessarily use them all. Will likely use them sparingly and keep them in background-y roles.

Sensei:

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Sensei
    Appearance: Male earth pony with faded yellow-brown coat and a black and yellow striped mane. Rather old in pony terms. Wears a heavy set of aviator goggles, a yellow and black jumpsuit in the Wonderbolts style, and a complex set of mechanical wooden wings. Cutie mark of a pair of wings.
    Theme Music

Skills:

Instructor A
    Flying Deathtraps A+
    Martial Arts A+
    Mechanics B
    Experienced B
    Surviving Crashes B
    Risk Assessment E

Biography:
    Sensei's best friend when he was a colt was a pegasus pony. When she started getting into flight training, Sensei decided he was not going to let her get away that easily. He embarked on an epic quest to learn to fly himself so he could one day join her in the air.

His attempts to do so are the stuff of legend. Helicopters, rocket jets, zeppelins, mechanical wooden wings, and taping hundreds of birds to his back have been tried. Getting something that works and can provide him with enough finesse and control to genuinely compete with a Pegasus is still proving elusive.

Personality:
    A daredevil in his heart, a hopeless romantic in his soul, and an inspired genius in his head. Sensei is fun to be around, bumbling in his attempts to prepare for his latest scheme, and always happy to shrug and try again after crashing and exploding for the nine hundredth time.

Sensei is also an excellent teacher. He has researched virtually every topic he can find in hopes of finding an answer for his quest and is happy to pass it on to anyone who'll ask. He spent over a decade mastering the martial arts, for example, after some wire-fu movies gave him the wrong idea.

Relationships:
    Father figure to Whitefire. He has a lot of sympathy for people who crash into things. Tends to rope any Pegasus he can find into racing his latest mad invention.

Virtue: Romantic
    Flaw: Daredevil
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-03-27 at 09:02 PM.