New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

A nameless villager collapsed in fear as the horrible monster appeared in the marketplace. He pushed himself to his feet and turned to run, shoving Internet Flea at the creature as he fled.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Internet Flea its day one so the only option is to point at the person who the person above me is pointing at!
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

Mangosta, if you're going to act like player 17 I'm going to treat you like player 17.

The Spirans began to run. He did not. The creature was large, but he was vast beyond imagining. This was no threat. This was a simple test, for children and white-haired women.

A figure ran past him. He let it. He let his eyes wander away from the plant thing and into the crowd. The Remnants had disappeared, but they could not have gone far. They were hidden, but they could not hide themselves from him.

A hand shoved him in the back. Pain shot through his body. He had felt pain for centuries, but this was a feeling from his memories. He could feel his face contorting into a grimace. His hands grasped automatically for the source of the pain, finding nothing.

It must have been a Remnant. mangosta71 had shoved him and caused pain. No human could hope to do that.

An elbow from another villager brought another wave of pain. He nearly fell from the force of it. He was vast, but he was not here. Here was only this body, brought forth from his dream. This body was fragile. He had not realized how fragile.

His eyes found the creature again. How fragile this body was.

He took a step backward. Then he began to run.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Otakuryoga because he voted for himself, and I think he really can beat an Ochu.
    Last edited by Sage Montalius; 2011-07-07 at 12:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Day 1 Random Go!

billtodamax
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

6. - Top - End - #96
    Halfling in the Playground

The last two of the still living canines growled softly, at times yelping from the pain from the numerous cuts, but determined in their attempt to crawl from under the morbidly arranged pile of their fellows’, trying to get closer to their attacker.
    The lavender-haired man ignored the creatures. The dogs had provided some entertainment but they died so quickly they eventually started to bore him. Something else had caught his attention. Screams of panic, footsteps of people running off in droves, terrified of something of which he could only see the vine-like tentacles in the distance.
    “Beginning the play without me, brothers?” Nonchalantly he swept a lock of hair out of his face while he looked to where the panic had broken out, ‘Save the Queen’, the sword he had acquired during the destruction of Gaia, twirling in his hand. “But that will not do. Oh no, not at all.” He turned, cutting through the stack of corpses with a graceful sweep of his blade and surgical precision. The sound and movement within it stopped. A moment later blood sprayed shortly through the openings, then stopped for a bit before cascading down the lifeless bandersnatches. Beautiful… Kuja’s lips curled into a playful but at the same time terrifyingly cruel smile. He turned once again, swiping the blood of the sword, and calmly headed towards the stage. The next act was about to begin.

[Also, the mighty RNG in the sky demands a vote for RogueNine]
    Last edited by V.Z.; 2011-07-07 at 05:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Behbeh Week Altime!
    Wiwa Wa Wevowushun!
    (Gweat Behbeh Week Wevowushun Motto by Wolfbane!)

Wonderful LGBTitP banner by Doiahaveaname?
    Butt kicking hamsterrific Minsc and Boo by Trazoi

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Mid day update:

21/38 votes in (should be 22, but ThePhantom's vote for Mustiado doesn't count because he's not playing yet!)

Leading in the votes:

Otakuryoga - 4
    Fleeing Coward - 3
    Murska -2
    Internet Flea - 2

Mustiado is in as an autolynch replacement, and I'll be getting him into the game asap.

I kind of left the signups open for an extra day because I was waiting for him to sign up.

Also, kudos on all the evil characters being roleplayed. There's Kadaj, Kuja, and a power hungry personification of the Fayth/Yu Yevon/Maester Seymour (not sure which) already! They seem to outnumber the good guys.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

The tall warrior watched with impassive brown eyes as the strange creature emerged in the square. There was no fear in his eyes, he did not fear death... he accepted death in the past to protect others and was ready to accept it again. But there was no need for him to die a senseless death. It seemed that Otakuryoga was more then capable to defeat this menace.

He sheathed the katana that he wanted to use on the remnants and retreated a few steps back observing in silence as events unfold.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Interesting.

Fleeing Coward
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

No time to begin RPing right now (I think I need to do some research as I haven't played anything past VIII), so I'll fall back on an FF classic: "..."

Otakuryoga because they self-voted.
    Last edited by Tilt; 2011-07-07 at 07:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

He was so tired of getting kicked around. People used and abused him like trash! Well no more. No more! Today he would rise up! Today he would smash down in a fiery rage of doom all who dared to OOOOF!

The blitzball soared through the water into the opposing goal.
    And it cried on the inside.

((Both Otaku and FC probably want to get lynched today.
    But I'll go with Fleeing Coward.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground

I guess I'll role play as Lord Rasler from XII, pretending he never died. =P

Rasler stood, watching the Ochu make its way through the street. He'd never been afraid to die for an honorable cause, though he knew his strength would be better used against the Remnants. To his left, Otakuryoga centered himself in front of the monster, preparing to fight it himself. Rasler catches Otakuryoga's eye, nods, and retreats to safety for the time being.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

(Oops. Well then, Fleeing Coward)
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2011-07-07 at 10:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Random NPC #8675309 spent his days in general solitude. His shop remained a constant ghost house, exempting the odd protagonist here or there. He looked about his wares, with growing annoyance. Who in their right mind would buy half this crap? Why would anyone want a tuft of phoenix down?

His rummaging was halted by the appearance of a customer. Tasroth, always a welcome guest. Now only if there was anything to sell....
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

I don't like the idea of lynching a self-votee. I mean, that's exactly how the Remnants began their landslide victory in the last AC: They picked one of their number who could beat the encounter given and pushed him for lynch on day one, gaining an advantage in items right away.

The mechanics aren't quite as broken this game, but still. I don't like the idea at all.

Fleeing Coward.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I don't like the idea of lynching a self-votee. I mean, that's exactly how the Remnants began their landslide victory in the last AC: They picked one of their number who could beat the encounter given and pushed him for lynch on day one, gaining an advantage in items right away.

The mechanics aren't quite as broken this game, but still. I don't like the idea at all.

Fleeing Coward.
    Hmm, good point Murska!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry Banjo, I'm literally living on the side of a mountain at the moment, and internet is dicey. I promise I will be more attentive than I am in WW Classic. Qwaz, I promise I will be more attentive to WW Classic now that I'm in two more games.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Isa heard the screams from the square as she left her parents' bakery. With too little sleep the night before, she was getting off to a slow start. Once she heard from a neighbor what was happening, she was glad. Knowing she could not fight and defeat the Ochu, she did the only thing she could to help - she grabbed her guitar. Leaving quickly, she didn't notice that she left the door ajar. Long auburn hair flying loose from its ribbon, it streamed behind her as she ran. Her feet made quiet patters on the road as she hurried to the square, jaw set in grim determination.

Arriving at the square, she glanced around. There was some confusion as to who would face the beast, so she sang something to bolster the courage of whoever it would be. Not being able to focus on any one individual, the song would be less effective, but should help any brave enough to step forth.

We are not afraid, although we know there's much to fear
    We were moving mountains long before we knew we could...

((And in the tradition of old times - Fin. Forever.))
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, Banjo, depending on weather or not I get lynched in WW Classic today, I may drop out of this one. I just can't seem to get into it. If I decide to drop out, I'll tell you, and you can give my spot to Mustiado.

But for now, I'll change my vote to Fleeing Coward on Murska's logic.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2011-07-07 at 07:12 PM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post

Fleeing Coward.
    Oops, this is good logic. I didn't really think the particular rules of this game through before my point. Fleeing Coward because they didn't self-vote.

21. - Top - End - #111

He stood looking down on the town, terror in his gaze. The Remnant's had already arrived, and not only that, they'd created a monster. A monster in the main square.

"I am too late...."

His voice slowly trails away, watching the members of the village Fleeing like Cowards. There didn't seem to be anyone standing forth to take the monster on, and the white haired monstrosity could still be anywhere around here.

He moved away down the hill, weaving through all obstacles and natural barriers to get to the village. He had to find the children of Jenova before it was too late.
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-07-08 at 04:37 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

22. - Top - End - #112

I've never played one of the Advent Children game before, so can someone link me to the past games? I'd like to read how they played out because there are many interesting power roles in this version.

If we voted for someone like Ota who seems to be able to beat an Ochu, wouldn't that tend to draw the attraction of the Seers to check out his status + Cid gets details on their alignment? There are items that change how someone's alignment is perceived for a round, but I'm willing to assume Ota does not have one of those and would not offer himself up like that in round 1 if he were a villain. In my eyes, I'd like to see as many of the good guys defeating encounters in the beginning before there are cloaking items and powers more active in the game later on.

I'm a new player, so if my reasoning is not sound, please correct me as I won't pretend to fully understand the workings of the more complicated WW games yet.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here you go, TsukikoJ.

Final Fantasy Advent Children: The Return of Sephiroth
    Advent Children II – The Battle for Balamb Garden
    Final Fantasy Advent Children III - Burmecia or Bust

And for future refference, all past werewolf games can be found in the fourth post of Werewolf Central.

As for the rest of your post, I'm new like you, so can't help you there.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TsukikoJ View Post
    I've never played one of the Advent Children game before, so can someone link me to the past games? I'd like to read how they played out because there are many interesting power roles in this version.

If we voted for someone like Ota who seems to be able to beat an Ochu, wouldn't that tend to draw the attraction of the Seers to check out his status + Cid gets details on their alignment? There are items that change how someone's alignment is perceived for a round, but I'm willing to assume Ota does not have one of those and would not offer himself up like that in round 1 if he were a villain. In my eyes, I'd like to see as many of the good guys defeating encounters in the beginning before there are cloaking items and powers more active in the game later on.

I'm a new player, so if my reasoning is not sound, please correct me as I won't pretend to fully understand the workings of the more complicated WW games yet.
    The Remnants have a disguiser, plus Ochu can drop an item that allows a disguise.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

25. - Top - End - #115

So why am I getting lynched for again? Unlike Otakuryoa, I'm not feeling very suicidal at the moment...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Tilt. I'll do my best to RP tomorrow.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

27. - Top - End - #117

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    So why am I getting lynched for again? Unlike Otakuryoa, I'm not feeling very suicidal at the moment...
    I think you're being lynched because it's day one and there's no better victims around.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

28. - Top - End - #118

Really? I see 37 better victims than me. Would it change anyone's mind if I say I can defeat this so please don't lynch me?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Really? I see 37 better victims than me. Would it change anyone's mind if I say I can defeat this so please don't lynch me?
    If you could defeat it, you wouldn't be trying to avoid the lynch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #120

Yep. Good try, but I think I'll be getting revenge for that time you killed me.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.