New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

The Deep
    Yohalles appears once more, the axe lightly held at his side. He looks at the crone. The others are doing their own things as they were before they received the call as we did. he sighs Whatever it is they're doing I scarcely think it's so important they couldn't spare a sliver of time to honor the dead.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

The Deep

Belsheroth was late, but then, he had to mourn in private for his Son. There were things that needed to be said. At once he strode forth to the tree of Morgash.
    "You desire to know of your father, young Ombra. Who am I to deny you?"
    His memories of Morgash flooded into the tree. The then young gods wisdom, his determination, the memories of his great works. And not to mention the contents of his diary.
    As Belsheroth walked slowly through the grove, memories and recollections flowed forth into the other trees also. He lingered before the tree in memory of his son, Alyveran.
    I will protect your people, Alyveran.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    The Forest of Twilight

A shard of Gwyn appeared at the gates, her newly obtained shield lay covered on her back. "Uncle, if you are willing, please bring the best of the knights under your care."
    The gates opened before her, allowing her entry to the Forests within.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hazen Keep

Colonel Chekov bowed slightly.

"What I am authorized to give as a commander of a legion is a share in the plunder and an increase of your current territory. However, Captain Eric is also a Grand Duke and thus has many priveleges, such as recommending someone to the nobility. Beyond that he has access to a vast treasury which his grace has devoted to this crusade. Beyond that, ask what you may and I will contact his grace with your terms."
    Hazen Keep

"Thats all well and good." Endar responds "I would be over happy with a profit from the ruins of those ******* northernmen. What you say that has me off it the 'recommending to the nobility'." He takes a break from eating, and now looks very intent on what he is saying "I'm the King here, and it's gonna stay that way. No man may touch me so long as I sit this throne, so no mans gonna touch me. The women will, but only where 'nd when I want 'em to. IN THIS KEEP IMA GOD." he shifts, loosing some of the enthusiasm for his rank shown so clearly a second ago "I guess I could be some kind 'a nobility of sorts in yer system on top of that, but yed best add in that i'm not ta be anythin less'n king 'a my people still. I'd like not ta ged' a meek absorption inta yer nobilty and politics system. You got all that?" he looks down at Chevok as if he was supposed to be taking some kind of notes. "Other'n that, tell em I hope fer many years 'a peace between us. That ought ta do the diplomacy right, don't ya think, Thordas?" "Yes, father" is the only response that comes from Thordas, although Endar seems pleased.

4. - Top - End - #364

The Keep

Colonel Chekov nodded, "A Lord is king over his land, so long as you send tithes to the king, he will not bother you here. And even with sending tithes, you do stand to gain quite a bit."

He bowed slightly, "Regardless I will be certain to carry your requests to his grace the Grand Duke Eric. Good day your majesty."

With that he makes to leave.

Through the Forest of Twilight

Bjor was waiting for her just inside the gates, "How is Sophia doing?"

"Well. Have you gathered the others?"

Bjor nodded and brought Gwyn to a large clearing in the forest, were the best knights trained.

"1,000 all told."

"Only 1,000?"

"You want the best or do you want numbers? Edgard, Priscilla, Leon, Tristen, Johannes, they're all here."

Gwyn sighed, "Still, I was hoping for more. Hell's legions-"

"Don't have half the skill of any of these men, I guarantee they will make the greatest warriors in the multiverse."

"You forget old friend, I was made from an Inevitable."

Bjor was silent for a moment, then shrugged, "Given enough time, I bet you they'll be better than Merolle's personal guard."

Gwyn smiled, "Very well." She slammed the but of her spear in the ground and all turned to regard her, "As some of you may know, I am Gwyn, goddess of Valor, Honor, and Chivalry. I have called you here today to ask a great service. I would ask you to leave the forest and serve in Anreydu, my citadel. Throughout the planes I could find noone I would rather fight alongside. I ask this because of visions I have glened from my brother's censer. Horrible visions of strife between planes of the gates of Hell breaking open and pouring forth their legions. Of the daemons making new and terrible pacts. I would have you stand against the tide once more. And you have my word, I will be at your side when the gates break open and the world drowns in darkness. I will be with you until the day is won! So I ask, who will stand with me?"

So she stood on the battlements of Anreydu as the Deathless began to go about their duties. The current Lieutenant Bjor taking the lead in this.

A thousand knights stood and followed her out of the forests, as they went they were transformed, no longer simple spirits. But again beings of bone and sinew, though closer to spirits than humans or ravenkin, yes even the odd goblin. If they were destroyed their energy would disperse and gather again in the forest until they were strong to resume their mantle; AS DEATHLESS.

Spoiler
    Show
    Beginning AP: 9
    Create Fabled Race: Deathless, Good undead that serve Gwyn and protect the world from great evils. Are somewhat immortal, but depending on the severity of their destruction could be recuperating in the Forest for centuries.-4AP

Create Organization: The Exalted Knights, When a knight dies his honor is judged. If he is a paragon of honor he is invited to joing the ranks of the Exalted and made into a Deathless.-2AP

Infuse Race: The Deathless-2AP

Ending AP: 1
    Gwyn is now at full infusions.
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

The Deep
    The Crone nodded, "I had not taken you for a philosopher vigilante. Nontheless I stick to my suggesstion. It's not perfect and what happened to your father was not fair. But it is the best you can do to understand him."

She looked around her, "So few of us have come. I wonder what the others are up to."
    Ombra chuckled. Nor did I. He admitted as he stared at Morgash's tree. I had two related philosophies and thought I needed no others.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    The Deep

Belsheroth was late, but then, he had to mourn in private for his Son. There were things that needed to be said. At once he strode forth to the tree of Morgash.
    "You desire to know of your father, young Ombra. Who am I to deny you?"
    His memories of Morgash flooded into the tree. The then young gods wisdom, his determination, the memories of his great works. And not to mention the contents of his diary.
    As Belsheroth walked slowly through the grove, memories and recollections flowed forth into the other trees also. He lingered before the tree in memory of his son, Alyveran.
    I will protect your people, Alyveran.
    Ombra was quiet, and placed his hands against the tree, looking through the memories of his father.

He was shaking.

Free Port

Free Port

"Fine, now that we're done with this 'codename' thing can we go?"

"Spoilsport."

"I won't even remember yours!"

Ship thought for a moment then shrugged, "The Doctor could tell you."

"Shut up."
    The Doctor made completely sure that Sophia would know both Ship's codename and his actual name.

Later

Ship lead, eyes closed, following the twisted energy that was Big Momma's signature. He stopped across the street from what looked to be a Brothel. Sailors and various other patrons provide a fair amount of traffic in and out.

Ship opened his eyes and spoke to the Doctor, the others being a little ways behind. "I got, three or four Blur in there, I'm almost certain Big Momma- the real Big Momma is one of them. Same energy I've been getting since I started tracking."

He looked behind him, "That human's still following us."
    The Doctor slithered off of Sophia's wrist and molded himself to look like her shadow, which just happened to be NEAR Ship 7. Any idea why?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-01 at 06:36 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #366

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    The Deep
    Ombra chuckled. Nor did I. He admitted as he stared at Morgash's tree. I had two related philosophies and thought I needed no others.

Ombra was quiet, and placed his hands against the tree, looking through the memories of his father.

He was shaking.
    The Crone put a hand on Ombra's shoulder, "There is little that can truly comfort a child who has lost a father. Nothing I or anyone else can say that will cure the sorrow. But, you do not face it alone Ombra."

Free Port

The Doctor made completely sure that Sophia would know both Ship's codename and his actual name.

The Doctor slithered off of Sophia's wrist and molded himself to look like her shadow, which just happened to be NEAR Ship 7. Any idea why?
    "Curiosity I think. She's definitely not working for Big Momma. Wait-"

He closed his eyes, "Hmm, she seems to have met her briefly or at least one of her proxies."

"What are you two talking about?"

"Just the human behind you~ Wait!"

Instinctively Sophia looked behind her, then looked very confused. "I hate it when that happens."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The Crone put a hand on Ombra's shoulder, "There is little that can truly comfort a child who has lost a father. Nothing I or anyone else can say that will cure the sorrow. But, you do not face it alone Ombra."

The Deep

...Th... thank you. He said quietly as tears started to drop from his hood. He turned and placed a hand on the Crone's shoulder as well. But... if you don't mind... I would like to face this realization alone. The Shard of Ombra removed his hand and turned to leave the Deep.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Curiosity I think. She's definitely not working for Big Momma. Wait-"

He closed his eyes, "Hmm, she seems to have met her briefly or at least one of her proxies."

"What are you two talking about?"

"Just the human behind you~ Wait!"

Instinctively Sophia looked behind her, then looked very confused. "I hate it when that happens."
    Free Port

Can you use a suggestion to get her to leave? The Doctor asked. I've seen Blur do that before...

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #368

The Deep

"That is of course your priviledge Ombra. However, when you get tired of that, there are gods who care for you."

Free Port

"Been trying, she has a pretty strong will. So unless you want me to squash her free will like a bug and as direct result, her will to live..."

Ship 7 shrugged, "Can't we just ignore her?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

The Deep

"That is of course your priviledge Ombra. However, when you get tired of that, there are gods who care for you."

Free Port

"Been trying, she has a pretty strong will. So unless you want me to squash her free will like a bug and as direct result, her will to live..."

Ship 7 shrugged, "Can't we just ignore her?"
    "If I weren't so tired I'd make her ignore us...
    "What we need, is a distraction."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #370

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    "If I weren't so tired I'd make her ignore us...
    "What we need, is a distraction."
    "Who're we distracting?"

"Human, Woman, following us."

"Hmm, you mean the half-Ravenkin who thinks she's being sneaky?"

"Yes, wait how'd you know she's a half breed?"

"Yellow eyes."

"Point. Well the Doctor could go over there and scare her."

"He can be scary?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

"Who're we distracting?"

"Human, Woman, following us."

"Hmm, you mean the half-Ravenkin who thinks she's being sneaky?"

"Yes, wait how'd you know she's a half breed?"

"Yellow eyes."
    Huh. Half-breed. Haven't seen one o' them in a while. He sounded downcast. Poor Janet. She deserved better...

"Point. Well the Doctor could go over there and scare her."

"He can be scary?"
    The Doctor didn't grin (it would break the illusion) but you could practically hear it in his voice. Yes, I can... but it might alert Big Momma to our presence.

The Deep

...Thank you. He said quietly before stepping into the shadows and vanishing.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-02 at 10:45 AM.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #372

Huh. Half-breed. Haven't seen one o' them in a while. He sounded downcast. Poor Janet. She deserved better...

The Doctor didn't grin (it would break the illusion) but you could practically hear it in his voice. Yes, I can... but it might alert Big Momma to our presence.
    "So we need to distract her and Big Momma at the same time?"

Hmm, I could pose as a different Blur, and tip Big Momma off to the girl's location."

"We are not condemning her to die."

"I didn't say that now did I? Big Momma won't squash her, she'll want to know who told her about this place. She'll want to send some Blur to bring her in so that she can get some alone time. I say we take out those Blur, I can take their place."

"And the girl?"

"Cut her loose, or heck bring her along if she wants. We could use her to sell the cover and reading her mind would distract Big Momma enough for you guys to get in unnoticed."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

"So we need to distract her and Big Momma at the same time?"

Hmm, I could pose as a different Blur, and tip Big Momma off to the girl's location."

"We are not condemning her to die."

"I didn't say that now did I? Big Momma won't squash her, she'll want to know who told her about this place. She'll want to send some Blur to bring her in so that she can get some alone time. I say we take out those Blur, I can take their place."

"And the girl?"

"Cut her loose, or heck bring her along if she wants. We could use her to sell the cover and reading her mind would distract Big Momma enough for you guys to get in unnoticed."
    Got it. Give her a wedgie, pretend to be a dragon. The Doctor shifted and moved away.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #374

Got it. Give her a wedgie, pretend to be a dragon. The Doctor shifted and moved away.
    Sophia looks at him in utter confusion, "Wait, what?"

"I'm... just gonna go inside and lure some Blur out okay?"

Ship shifts form, though those present will never remember it. They will never hear his mental communications with some of the Blur inside the compound.

"We've got intruders, they found out about the sewer escape route, we'll need to move the package out the side door."

"Who is this?"

He remembered the Blur he killed, by sending him straight to Big Momma, "Teapot C, they're almost on top of us. I need some backup out here."

There was a long moment of silence. Ship nearly stopped walking to run the other way, then, "Acknowledged, Quill 3 and Vase T are on their way."

It couldn't have gone better.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

The Doctor snuck up to the human, unseen as anything more than a shadow that was a little too thick. He looked at her from a neaby roof, then jumped down and landed on and around her. Before she could struggle or scream, he covered her mouth and locked her movements before pulling his head off to look right onto the material covering her eyes. He then removed it, looking away down the alley so his gaze wouldn't render her catatonic. He knew he would feel smooth and a little cold to the touch (though most Shadows would feel warm - Isanloff's essence had rendered him cold)

'ello. Sorry about gagging you, I'm fairly certain you'll scream like a maniac if I don't. I'm the Doctor, and you're following my friends. He said calmly. Why? He left the gag on until she stopped screaming, and then removed it so she could speak, covering it immediately if she started to yell again.

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #376

Sandra hit the ground as the doctor wrapped around her. Thrashing harder than he would have guessed possible looking at her. After a few moments she stopped struggling and nodded slowly. When he uncovers her mouth she tries to bite him but fails miserably, her tongue feeling the brunt of the pain.

After a few moments nursing her tongue she says, "I was just curious othay? I didn't meanth anythingth by ith."

The tongue injury is still effecting her speech.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Sandra hit the ground as the doctor wrapped around her. Thrashing harder than he would have guessed possible looking at her. After a few moments she stopped struggling and nodded slowly. When he uncovers her mouth she tries to bite him but fails miserably, her tongue feeling the brunt of the pain.

After a few moments nursing her tongue she says, "I was just curious othay? I didn't meanth anythingth by ith."

The tongue injury is still effecting her speech.
    You followed three or four complete strangers half-way across a city because you were curious. The Doctor repeated. Yeah. That makes perfect sense and is definitely not hard to believe at all.

What's your name?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-02 at 01:18 PM.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #378

You followed three or four complete strangers half-way across a city because you were curious. The Doctor repeated. Yeah. That makes perfect sense and is definitely not hard to believe at all.

What's your name?
    "Believe what you want." Sandra was confused as to why she had followed too, call it intuition but she felt there was something, some reason she needed to be here.

"My name is Sandra, Knight of the Scepter."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

"Believe what you want." Sandra was confused as to why she had followed too, call it intuition but she felt there was something, some reason she needed to be here.

"My name is Sandra, Knight of the Scepter."
    Well Dame* Sandra, we'd like some help. He shifted around to look the other way down the alley. I'm traveling with another Knight, see, and we need a prisoner one of our enemies has not seen before to sell a cover story. It's likely to get a bit wonky and you'll have to face an incredibly powerful psion but you'll be safe... well, safe as anyone ever is in this city.

---
    *I have no idea if I used this title correctly

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #380

Free Port

Sandra's eyes widened, "A knight? From Calasancti? Here?? Okay, I'll help."

She seems almost too eager.

Spoiler
    Show
    Women didn't tend to be knighted, so, yeah, I think Dame ought to be appropriate enough.

The Camp

"He wants autonomy."

Jennifer sighed, "Of course he does."

She closed her eyes, "All right, guarantee him his autonomy and pay him for his services."

"Really?"

"Yes, really, if they hear of how generous we are, other kings may be willing to join us. Besides, we need to maintain appearences."

Outside the Hazen Keep

Colonel Chekov requests entry to see the King.
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-08-02 at 10:08 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

Sandra's eyes widened, "A knight? From Calasancti? Here?? Okay, I'll help."
    Calasancti? He sounded confused. Nah, she's from somewhere else... He lied smoothly. The Doctor feels suspicious, but does not question her eagerness. Out loud. ... where was it? Breon?

Breon was a village that had been wiped out over 2 millenia ago, Sandra would have never heard of it.

...Ok. We all have codenames for the purposes of this assignment: Stetson is I, the others are Scholar, Countess, Mother Bird, and Requiem. Now, we're going to tip them off to your location and take them out before they find you, and send our friends in keeping you hostage. Just play the role of prisoner, it'll be easy. Good luck.

The Doctor then slipped underneath Sandra and pretended to be her shadow.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #382

Razorpine Forest

Kipt had promised Kiloasa's tree that he would take care of the forest, and he intended to do just that. Druids, he now saw, were being totally and utterly left out of Arcana. It was a form of magic too, surely it was somewhat compatible. Knowing this, Kipt blesses druids to be able to know limited amounts of other types of magic through their knowledge of druidism. This blessing essentially breaks druidism down into schools: Shamans, Elementalists, Tamers, Shifters, and Dream Walkers.

Shamans can use a touch of Aimancy to talk with dead, and commune with spirits (think spirit shaman class). Elementalists utilize bits and pieces of Elemental Infusion to manipulate the elements at a level that most druids can't (think Avatar bending). Tamers are mainly true druids who have an affinity for animals so great that they are able to calm most things, call some nearby animals to them to fight, talk with animals and people using the same tongue, and Alter some animals to do some things better. Like Tamers, Shifters are often pure druids as well. They have a broader ranger of shapeshifts than regular druids; common ones are plants and ember spirits, but it's limits have not yet been tested. Finally, Dream Walkers learn a bit of Onieromancy as they progress in druidism.

The Woden now form a new council centered around this to replace the Elders. This new council will feature one druid from each school. The representative of his school should be an elite in that field, as well as wise, and someone who can act as a good leader. By effect, this new council is about as elderly as the old one.

Even after doing all this for the Woden, it is still hard for them to worship him. He needs a new domain, something to remind them of Kiloasa. Besides, Kipt loved his father with all his heart, and has always struggled a bit to find the part of Kiloasa inside him. Now finding it, Kipt takes the domain Nature (Balance). A bit more of Kiloasa lives on in Kipt, and the Woden are now converted to worshiping him. He wouldn't have it any other way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting With: 12 AP + 1 PAP
    Bless, -1
    Form Organization, -2
    Gain Domain, -(2+1)
    Leaving me with 7
    12 in 9 hours, at rollover 0'clock

Meanwhile, at Hazen Keep

"Well, what do you think our odds are with them?" Endar asked Thordas after he had left. "Fairly good, father." Thordas responded "They sound like our best option if they are genuine." If they are genuine he thought, realizing what he had said. No doubt by genuine he meant 'willing to give us what we ask'.

"If they are genuine..." Endar said, mulling the words over in his head as well. He was lost in thought, rambling to himself as he said "...If they are not..." He knew that someone as strong as Calassanctium betraying Hazen after the war would be catastrophic for them, and he was slow to fully trust anyone with his crown. If only there were some force that would give us an edge. To make them appreciate our might if need be, and to fight back whoever names themselves our enemy.

Thordas was slightly annoyed at how he lost himself in his own train of thought while he was in the room, but still remained polite. Suddenly, Endar looked as if struck by inspiration. "There is such a force." he proclaimed, answering his own train of though, and confusing Thordas. "Our ancestors were Rangers across the sea who fought bravely in a war. Now we, their kin, are caught in our own war and pressed for more soldiers."

Thordas looked like he knew exactly where he was going with this "You would recruit Rangers, father? Excuse me, but who? How?" inspiration struck Endar again. "Who better than my second son? We have few ships, but enough. Thordas, I need you to take whatever supplies you need and sail to the Razorpine forest to recruit rangers to serve Hazen." Endar felt very content with himself now. He had done his kings work for the day, and wanted to soon retire to his bed with some comely woman in his kingdom. He trusted Thordas, who had not let him down before. He might have sent his first son, Genry for his better claim which would help convince rangers to join him, but he intended to wed him to some Calasancti noble. That would best solidify their alliance, and wanted Genry close to home to be available for that. He had no intentions of betraying his new recruits to Calasanctium either, in case of need of use against them of course. They will just have to find out on their own he thought with a grin, finishing his turkey.

Thordas should have liked that. It was meant as a compliment, but he saw through it. Saying 'second son' made Thordas uneasy. It was a reminder that he was likely to not inherit his fathers throne; that he was dispensable. My father is trying to get rid of me he thought He sends me on the most dangerous missions. Well I won't be disposed of too easily. He said "Yes, father. I would be honored. I will serve you, and Hazen alike as well as I can" but what he did after that was quite different.

Razorpine Forest

It took Atan, Geodrick, and Lansa one year to learn basic druidism, and another to specialize in a school. Atan became a shaman; as a reserved boy, he always contemplated places beyond us, and has managed to find them through druidism.
    Over the two years, Atan grew quite strong, but has always been timid to use his strength.
    Geodrick has been hungry for knowledge as always, seeking to unlock great powers within himself. This quest has turned him to the school of Shifting. As he has aged and grown more frail over time, he takes refuge in his alternative forms.
    Lansa has only grown more beautiful over time. After overcoming awkwardness in nudity, she has blossomed into a woman, her hair now down past her waist, wild and beautiful. She has found that she is gifted in Dream Walking, but hardly understands how to use her gift. They are all happy in their own right, for their own reasons, toward the end of their time training.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it matters to anyone, this is a two year time skip. Lansa is going from 17 to 19, Atan is going from 12 to 14, and Geodrick is going from generic middle-aged to generic later middle-aged.

Stamyn, their teacher of old, a Tamer, has recently been sent for to join the Council of druids. With their new found freedom, Geodrick decides to answer Hazen's call to arms. "Atan, they will make a soldier out of you, and you will fight bravely for them. Lansa, I've a mind to marry you off to some noble for the sake of us all. My powers as a shifter will make me near invincible on the battlefield, and soon I will make something of myself one way or another." Geodrick told them. Needless to say, the kids were not happy about it. How could I take the life of another when I understand it so well? Surely their ghost will torment me through my shamanism thought Atan. Lansa didn't want to marry some man she hardly knew. She had just grown accustom to life as a druid, regardless of how hard it had been for her at first, and just like that her life changed again.

On Geodrick's command, they found some cloths to make themselves presentable. For someone who had spent the last two years of his life naked and stressing the importance of nudity, he was quick to turn on his own preaching for power. "Don't fret, you'll have them off soon enough" he told Lansa in a failed attempt at what he thought was persuasion. In truth, it had cut a little too deep, and caused her to cry. No, not again she thought. She had already had issues becoming a druid, and really liked the way she was living currently. This time, Atan was there to comfort her. He embraced his sister lovingly, and shot his uncle a look of disapproval. Geodrick, however, didn't seem to care.

On the boat, Geodrick conspired even more for power. There were so many rangers packed in that he figured it was enough force to hold it's own against the force that the man that recruited him had. This Genry guy may be a prince, but I'm a Shifter. I wonder how hard it would be to seize that power for myself...

Hazen Keep

Endar has the colonel sent in. "Glad ta see ya back" he says with a funny kind of hospitality that makes it impossible to tell how serious or sarcastic he is being. "So, lets get to the part we're all waitin' fer. What do yer people think our offer a' friendship?"

23. - Top - End - #383

The Deep
    Aquaeris wandered among the trees, talking to some quietly.

Another tree, made of metal cogs and bedewed with verdigris, appeared in the far end of the trees.

United Goblin Emirates
    Thousands of years had passed since Aquaeris visited them last. He had saved them, they were on their own now, save the Kalpans who traded with them. Or so they thought.

Then he reappeared at the palace, at the side of the descendant of the Emir. He was hailed, though not immediately and, at first, suspiciously. Then, later, he was worshipped with joy. But he refused to be exalted to them, and worked alongside them.

The Father of the Sweet River was with them.

The Deep
    Aquaeris looked, no, remembered into Isanloff's tree. In the highest branches sparkled an image of a mirror.
    Aquaeris remembered it, staring into it. He now knew it was his mantle to take up, his duty to fulfill.
    Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 0+5=5
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-08-03 at 06:44 AM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

24. - Top - End - #384

Free Port

"Cool, I'll be Stranger."

Just as the Doctor hides in her shadow, Ship emerges from the building flankedby two other figures. "No, I don't know who sent them."

"Then why take one alive? Wouldn't it be easier to melt their brains and be done with it?."

"Because we don't know who's here, you want the package to be killed by some Shadow insurgents."

That shut the Blur up.

Sophia and the others were hidden in a nearby alley. It was at this point Ship remembered a little detail, "Doctor, I'm the one in the middle, please don't let the others kill the one in the middle!"

Sophia had noticed the same problem, but had resolved to act in a non-lethal manner.

Sandra stepped out of the shadows and waved at the Blur, "Hey! You were looking for me." The Blur didn't have time to melt her brain, simply standing there in shock for a precious few seconds.

"Where the heck do you find these people?"

Hazen Keep

Colonel Chekov offers a curt bow.

"I have come to accept your offer of friendship. I have confered with the Order's Lieutenant and we have decided as well as payment for your services, you are guaranteed your autonomy, and offered alliance under the Calasancti military code. Under the section concerning battlefield priviledges of commanding officers. It would need to be ratified after the war certainly, but if you hold your end of the bargain, that shouldn't be a problem."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

"Cool, I'll be Stranger."

Just as the Doctor hides in her shadow, Ship emerges from the building flankedby two other figures. "No, I don't know who sent them."

"Then why take one alive? Wouldn't it be easier to melt their brains and be done with it?."

"Because we don't know who's here, you want the package to be killed by some Shadow insurgents."

That shut the Blur up.

Sophia and the others were hidden in a nearby alley. It was at this point Ship remembered a little detail, "Doctor, I'm the one in the middle, please don't let the others kill the one in the middle!"

Sophia had noticed the same problem, but had resolved to act in a non-lethal manner.

Sandra stepped out of the shadows and waved at the Blur, "Hey! You were looking for me." The Blur didn't have time to melt her brain, simply standing there in shock for a precious few seconds.

"Where the heck do you find these people?"
    Sandra's shadow suddenly lept up, slamming into the heads of the two Blur who weren't Ship.

What. The. Vashta. Nerada. WAS THAT?! The Doctor half-yelped, half-laughed as he rose from Sandra's shadow. Why did you tell them you knew they were coming?!

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #386

The Two Blur fall unconcious under the Doctor's assault before they have a chance to react, Sandra shrugged "It's how they do it in the books."

"Books? Really?" Ship raises a very sarcastic eyebrow.

"And you are?"

"Someone you won't remember in three seconds."

Sophia steps out of the alley, "Not ideal execution but it worked, I'm Sophia Knight of the Spear by the way."

Sandra looks over at Sophia, taking her eyes off Ship, "The order of the Spear still exists?"

"Erm, yes."

"You're not from around here are you?"

"Wow, how'd you get there?" She looked down, "And why are they unconcious?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

The Two Blur fall unconcious under the Doctor's assault before they have a chance to react, Sandra shrugged "It's how they do it in the books."

"Books? Really?" Ship raises a very sarcastic eyebrow.

"And you are?"

"Someone you won't remember in three seconds."

Sophia steps out of the alley, "Not ideal execution but it worked, I'm Sophia Knight of the Spear by the way."

Sandra looks over at Sophia, taking her eyes off Ship, "The order of the Spear still exists?"

"Erm, yes."

"You're not from around here are you?"

"Wow, how'd you get there?" She looked down, "And why are they unconcious?"
    The Doctor turned her around so she wasn't facing Ship, and said, Forgot to mention: Mother Bird is part of a race who edit themselves out of your memory as soon as you look away. He doesn't have a way to turn it off. So do the guys we're infiltrating.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #388

The Doctor turned her around so she wasn't facing Ship, and said, Forgot to mention: Mother Bird is part of a race who edit themselves out of your memory as soon as you look away. He doesn't have a way to turn it off. So do the guys we're infiltrating.
    "Soo, what you're saying is that we are at a huge tactical disadvantage?"

"That is an understatement, but essentially."

"Cool!"

"Can we infiltrate the meglomaniac's compound now? Please?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

"Soo, what you're saying is that we are at a huge tactical disadvantage?"

"That is an understatement, but essentially."

"Cool!"

"Can we infiltrate the meglomaniac's compound now? Please?"
    Competence? I am very disappointed in you, Mother Bird. That is NOT how we do things in this outfit. First we have to make fun of each other incessenantly, often in very childish and outlandish ways. Then one of us has to hurt one or all of us in an orgy of senseless violence.

Seriously though. Yes. Let's go.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-08-03 at 09:21 PM.

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #390

Hazen Keep

Colonel Chekov offers a curt bow.

"I have come to accept your offer of friendship. I have confered with the Order's Lieutenant and we have decided as well as payment for your services, you are guaranteed your autonomy, and offered alliance under the Calasancti military code. Under the section concerning battlefield priviledges of commanding officers. It would need to be ratified after the war certainly, but if you hold your end of the bargain, that shouldn't be a problem."
    "Good, good" Endar replied "Our lands can host your army for a fair time if needs be. We can afford your cause 200 good men, keeping men to guard the walls of Hazen keep for ourselves of course. We are now at your disposal." It was a fairly stereotypical response, dutifully fulfilling what was expected of him.

On his way through the small, wealthy residential population of the Keep, Colonol Chelov may notice that he is being followed by a cloaked stranger. He moves skillfully through the city, fading into the shadows when possible. The man runs along a rooftop to draw Chekov's attention, then climbs down and around to mislead him. When the colonel is looking for his pursuer in the wrong direction, he is taken from behind and pulled into an alley. With the darkness still concealing his face, the stranger has drawn a poleaxe and holds it in close proximity to Chekov's chest. "I'm not going to hurt you" he says in a voice that is calm for being out of breath "I need to know" he demands "What does it mean to be a vampire? How is a vampire made a vampire?"