New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Hour After Midnight (II)

Maria leapt up in a flash, recoiling from the elf’s touch with an expression of sudden fear – the furniture of the drawing room left her nowhere to go, Illiiya’s hand seizing her arm with one swift motion.

With a slow blossoming of light, the room lit up – frozen in place, Maria looked down at her dress, now glowing from shoulder to hem with shifting, mottled light. She was caught in a very odd position – both arms held back close to her body, her left hand wrapped in her right. Slowly, she relaxed her posture, staring in confusion at Illiiya.

“What – wh – is this some kind of joke?” she demanded, evidently rattled. Her voice trembled, for the first time departing from the silky composure she had always displayed before. “What have you done?
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lothar glanced from the elf to the noblewoman in confusion, one hand still on the sword's hilt. "She... she's made your dress glow? Illiiya- what is going on?"
    Games:

[WFRP] Ill Met By Morrslieb, as the increasingly-scarred Lothar Fischer.

[WFRP] The Lord of Lost Heart, reprising Lothar Fischer.

[WFRP] The Hour After Midnight as Lothar Fischer, former soldier.

=

January 19-25 2014 is GOBLIN WEEK!

I did writings for it! Read them here!

=

sext: take my hand as the bombs fall. we will engrave our affectionate shadows on the walls in dush and ash, to last a thousand years. [my twitter]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya Jaelrae

Vindication! Now, whore... it is our turn to be smug.

Let you incriminate yourself. Illiiya said with a smug and wicked smile, It's a simple light spell. A very intense reaction t-to a spell you thought would burn the corrupt, though. So... we'll be going to the guardhouse now and showing them the ch-chaos mark that is undoubtedly on your right hand. I'm sure the guard, the p-priests and the witch hunter will be very interested in seeing it and speaking with you.

Illiiya stepped back from the woman, reveling perhaps a bit too much in finally seeing the flawless creature struck dumb. Crazy as she may be, it lifted her heart more than she could express to know that it was not all baseless paranoia.

Come quietly and we will check you, so you may prove me wrong... but I'm not wrong, am I? She said, watching the woman for signs she intended to fight, I'm sorry Raffy... I really am... But your woman has been lying to you. She is a cultist, a killer and likely a whore.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Maria stared in incredulity.

“How dare you,” she bit back, her composure returning with a steely ring. “How dare you come in here, how – here!”

She thrust her hand forwards, turning it over in front of Illiiya’s eyes. It was clean and unblemished. Still glaring daggers at the elf, she walked over to the sideboard, picking up a small brass bell and ringing it sharply. In a few moments, Alfons had appeared at the door, far faster than the hobbled old man had any right to move – he had clearly been malingering somewhere nearby. Poking his head into the room, he stared with boggle-eyed stupor at his mistress’ radiant attire.

“Alfons, Rafale and his friends will be leaving,” she said, decidedly. “Illiiya is obviously unwell.”
    Mouth open, Alfons made to point at her dress – his head turned to Illiiya, then back to Maria, and he seemed to think better of it. Swallowing, he nodded.
    “Right away, m’lady.” He leered at the party. “If you’d follow me, please...”
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

((OOC: Holy crap.))

Pieter's face grew ashen when the Elven girl cast her spell.

"Illiiya, what do you think you're doing?" he hissed, lunging forward to seize her wrist.

"It's a simple light spell. A very intense reaction t-to a spell you thought would burn the corrupt, though."
    "Damn it, Illiiya," Pieter yelled. "That's a perfectly normal reaction when a loony witch rearranges reality around you!"

He had not meant to sound so harsh, but the events had spun out of control too quickly.

But your woman has been lying to you. She is a cultist, a killer and likely a whore.
    Before he could stop himself, Pieter aimed a slap at Illiiya's face.

WS 36: (d100)[1]

Oh gods, what did I do? he thought, stunned. Um, I was trying to calm her. Yes. I did not hit a girl out of anger.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-08-01 at 03:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

((I've been absent 24 hours, and if possible, would like to do a minor time shuffle here so Maria knows I am not party to this.))

Raffy watches at first, but when Illiiya begins to cast, his sword comes out into his hand.

As Maria bears the sign-free innocence of her right hand, Raffy swoops in and cross his sword between the two women, driving Illiiya back with the flat of the blade.

"You get out this second!"

As soon as the two are separated he turns to Maria, letting his sword fall to the floor, and (perhaps too forwardly) places his hands on her two arms, gently putting her right hand back down as if to say it wasn't necessary for her to show it. "Are you alright? Maria, are you alright?"
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Maria drew sharply away, steadying herself with one hand against the wall as she held the other out between herself and the others. Her head angled slightly to one side, she stared back at Raffy with wide, angry eyes.

“What – apart from being turned into a, an overgrown firefly? Yes. I’m fine.” Her voice shook a little, her clothes still lighting up the room. She pointed across the room. “Your money is in the drawer over there, Mr Rafale. I don’t know why you left it here anyway. Please, take your friends and go.

“Come along now, sirs,” echoed the servant, clearly a little unsure about the sudden show of swords and violence...
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

8. - Top - End - #188

Lothar relaxed his grip on his hilt and drew in a heavy breath. "Aye. That's- that's probably wise. One other thing, m'lady- the murders seem to be heading south and west. Were I you, I'd get outta Delberz."
    Games:

=

=

sext: take my hand as the bombs fall. we will engrave our affectionate shadows on the walls in dush and ash, to last a thousand years. [my twitter]

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

"Or just find another place to stay for a few days," said Pieter with a nod. "No locked door seems to stop the murderer."

His voice was cool, even remote. He felt the need to apologize but knew that now was hardly the time, no matter the words he used.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya Jaelrae

Won't trust you... They'll all betray you... They'll choose her over you. Stupid thing... I told you all these things. Why are you surprised?

P-Pieter? Not you too. I was right... Illiiya muttered dumbfounded, staring at Pieter. She had expected as much from Raffy, perhaps even Lothar... but not from him.

No. No! Look at yourselves! She yelled, her pale face going red in anger as a hate she'd not felt in a long time boiled to the surface, I did nothing... NOTHING... to harm her. Not a hair out of place... and look how quickly you leap to defend her! Look how quick she is to send us away! She won't come with us to the guardhouse, because she is GUILTY! She. is. CONTROLLING YOU!

Illiiya shook slightly, with malice in her eyes like none of them had ever seen before.

Not a one of you would trust me. Not one! Well I am done with you all! *I* will get the witch hunter, and the priests... and I will bring them here myself! You can't control me, you arrogant, human whore... and you are NOT getting away with this. Illiiya growled at Maria venomously, This is not done yet.

OOC: Barring the group assaulting her as she goes. Illiiya is leaving the place and heading RIGHT for the church/temple/wherever the witch hunter and priests are. Marius would end up as mind-screwed as everyone else, but she's hoping the Lector or the witch hunter can resist chaos' call. I honestly am a little sad that even Pieter didn't.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Ithelus

Back at the Theatre
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus looks at Raffy, giving him a piercing stare. 'I don't that arresting him would be necessary.' he then turns and walks out without another word, his disgust fairly obvious.

At Maria's

Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus remains quiet and tags along at the back of the group. As Illiiya casts her spell a look of shock and horror crosses his face. The look however quickly turns to rage as Pieter slaps Illiiya and in a flash he is behind Pieter, sickle drawn and resting on the man's neck.
    Sigatar by Me

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Exeson View Post
    The look however quickly turns to rage as Pieter slaps Illiiya and in a flash he is behind Pieter, sickle drawn and resting on the man's neck.
    "What are you going to do, Ithelus?" Pieter asked quietly, his voice icy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

13. - Top - End - #193

Lothar raised his arms defensively, stepping back from the whole mess. "Ith, do what y'like to that one- but what 'bout Illiiya?" He turned, reaching, as the elven witch fled the scene-- "Ill- wait, dammit. We aren't--"

"Ranald's soddin' --- uh. Um," the soldier looked from Maria, to the elf with a knife to Pieter's throat, to the door. "Uh, that is to say, 'Ranald's luck.' Right. Blast and britches..." he mumbled, looking at his boots.
    Last edited by goblinpaladin; 2010-08-02 at 09:43 AM.
    Games:

=

=

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Stop!” shouted Maria. “Put the weapons away and just – just stop. Or so help me, I’ll be the one calling the guards.”

Pushing past Raffy, she moved to intercept Illiiya, confrontation written on her face.

“You want to go to Jagrun, Illiiya? Go. But the man’s looking for a sorcerer, and if you bring him here on this – this insane suspicion of yours, I’ll have to tell him where he can find one.” She stared into Illiiya’s eyes, biting back more words. “Are we clear?”
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya Jaelrae

Why so afraid to see the hunter, whore? You can act as smug as you want, but we saw that fear in your eyes.

Get out of my way. Illiiya said coldly, shoving past Maria without so much as stopping to hear her out. I'm not some weak-willed wretch like them. You can't control me.

She continued on, refusing to be deterred from her path... anger burning in her eyes.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Maria stared open-mouthed in Illiiya's wake. Recovering as quickly as she could, she turned to Raffy, a pleading look in her eyes.

"Rafale - please, go after her. Make her see sense! If Jagrun gets the notion that - it doesn't matter what she says, he'll come down on us all. The Society, everything, innocent or not. Pieter, you t..."

She noticed the stand-off between Pieter and the elf had not ceased. Her voice cracked a little under the stress, rising to a high-pitched shout.

"Gods' breath, will you put that thing away!"
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-08-02 at 10:17 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Maria's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus let his sickle linger for a moment before lowering it. 'If you ever hurt her again I'll carve you up so bad the guard will assume it was another cultist murder.'

He sheathed his weapon, 'Raffy, don't stop her, the witch hunter will have ways to detect the ruinous powers, if Maria is innocent, which is totally possible, then she will not be harmed.'
    Sigatar by Me

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Raffy's eyes fill with a look of abject pain as Maria orders him and his "friends" away.

He stands transfixed, until he Maria pleas for him to go after Illiiya--a sign that she still has some trust for him, and a chance perhaps to redeem himself. He gives an obedient nod, like a soldier, and almost cartwheels to grab his sword as he goes for the door.

Before he exits the room, he looks back at the others. "Ithelus," he says.

"You're the only one who can talk to her."

The fact that he is holding his bared sword in one hand might even make this an ultimatum. Or it could just be bad wording. Either way, the Sparrowhawk is gone in a flash - his money still in Maria's drawer - as he races after Illiiya.

((Here's hoping that longer legs let me catch her well before the guard house.))

@ LCP only:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll sheathe the sword as I run, and ready my net instead. My actions when I reach Illiiya depend on whether Ith is coming too, so I'll wait to see if he does.
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2010-08-02 at 12:13 PM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Exeson View Post
    Maria's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ithelus let his sickle linger for a moment before lowering it. 'If you ever hurt her again I'll carve you up so bad the guard will assume it was another cultist murder.'

He sheathed his weapon, 'Raffy, don't stop her, the witch hunter will have ways to detect the ruinous powers, if Maria is innocent, which is totally possible, then she will not be harmed.'
    "And if you ever draw a weapon against me again," Pieter countered between clenched teeth, "you had better kill me."

Louder he said: "You're right, witch hunters have ways of detecting the ruinous powers. Like trial by fire. Or by combat. Because surely Sigmar wouldn't let an innocent die, would he? Witch hunters are known for their great sense of justice." He grunted. "Go after her and bring her back, Ithelus. If you think innocence is enough to stop a witch hunter from burning someone, I've got a wall to sell you in Cathay."

He turned to Maria, his expression softening slightly.

"Yes?"
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2010-08-02 at 12:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes!" replied Maria, frantically. She turned to Ithelus.

"Please - just go!"
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-08-02 at 12:36 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Ithelus curses violently and runs after Raffy, a stream of what Eltharian issuing from his lips and although it sounds alien its colourful nature cannot be misinterpreted.
    Sigatar by Me

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Once outside Ithelus will see that Raffy has put away his sword but does have his net in his hands as he chases after Illiiya.

"Ith! Talk to her!" he calls as his feet pound on the pavement.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

With an irritated sigh, Pieter muttered a quick goodbye to Maria and tried to follow Illiiya outside. Better get this foolishness over with before Raffy and Ithelus came to blows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Ithelus catches up to Illiiya and grabs her by the shoulders. 'Illiiya, calm down. Whats going on? What was that? What did you do?'
    Sigatar by Me

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya Jaelrae

Stay away, Asur. We can trust none of you.

Illiiya did not cease her brisk pace, but made no motion to avoid Ithelus or the others.

You should know a bluff better than anyone. She told Ithelus, intently, She is guilty. I KNOW she is g-guilty! I told her that my spell would burn the corrupt and look how she panicked! She threatened me... turned everyone against me... d-did EVERYTHING she could to keep me from going to the priests, because she knows they'll be able to reveal the chaos mark she has on her hand. She is GUILTY Ith. I am going to prove it.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

'Illiiya, look. I believe you when you say that something is wrong about Maria, I always have. But you have to have a plan. You can't go marching into someone's house and begin messing around with magic, there are less direct ways to do this that puts you out of harm's way! You are going to a witch hunter after, by the word of the law, assaulting a noble!'

He grabs her by the arm and looks her directly in the eyes,

'Look, we can work out a plan, leave a false trail that brings Maria into suspicion with the Witch hunter.... Just don't put yourself in danger.'
    Sigatar by Me

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

"Framing Maria?" said Pieter, his voice chilling. "I'm not going to allow this, Ithelus. The witch hunter already dislikes her. Give him an excuse and he'll have her burned. And the Society will go down with her."

He folded his arms over his chest.

"We will stop the killer, and we will do it without the witch hunter's help. He's not our ally, he's only the lesser of two evils."

Or maybe three.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Raffy joins the others. His net is still in his hands. With a look of suppressed anger, he says:

"I agree... with Pieter."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Illiiya Jaelrae

Can't trust the humans.

No. Illiiya said intently, giving Pieter and Raffy a glare, I can't trust you. Either of you. She's controlling you both. You won't even stop to CONSIDER that she's involved. I didn't hurt her one bit... so p-piss on your "assaulting a noble" idea. The only violent ones in there... were you.

OOC: Illiiya's not being deterred. Bring on the church-types! That is, unless the group wishes to physically assault her to keep her from doing that... but that would really just further prove it to her that you're all not acting right.

At least Lothar and Ith are being reasonable.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

"Whether or not Maria is guilty of anything isn't the point," snapped Pieter. "But we're not bringing the witch hunter into this. That's exactly why I'm helping you: to make sure the Sigmarites don't claim credit for finding the murderer. They'll just use it to justify even more oppression. If you want to involve them, count me out, I'll do this on my own."

He started to walk away.

"I've got some leads I want to investigate. Can we meet at the North Wind at the second bell after noon? I must have a word with Klaus, anyway."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing: