New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    [Shining City]

Starlight gave Jade a blank look. "So, let me get this straight ... you found a being that wanted to learn about humanity, and your first thought was to attack it?"

[Planet Vegeta]

Katnep walked right up to the scholarly saiyan, showing due deference.

"Sir Lettan," she greeted him. "I'm Katnep, and this is Pinappla. We wish to join the delegation to Earth."
    "Ok, 1. We didn't know- and still technically don't- that it was trying to learn, we thought it was a space horror situation where it had somehow kidnapped, killed or eaten all the people on the space station and didn't see the original one. 2. humanity was not there, more accurate to say other species but whatever. 3. we couldn't exactly communicate with it. 4. that it was trying to learn is pure speculation on Beryl's part after it had already left, we don't actually KNOW what it was trying to do at all."
    "Because that is what the situation felt like, one of those sci-fi horror flicks or videogames where you walk through a space station and find no one there, with creepy things like frozen screens and empty everything until you come face to face with an alien being that doesn't say a word and is doing something mysterious that you don't understand."
    "And of course imitating our fighting stances didn't give us the right message,
    in retrospect at times it felt like it was trying to communicate by using the movements as some sort attempt at a greeting or language, but was failing because it we don't actually communicate visually, the whole situation must've been so strange to it."

[Planet Vegeta]

Katnep walked right up to the scholarly saiyan, showing due deference.

"Sir Lettan," she greeted him. "I'm Katnep, and this is Pinappla. We wish to join the delegation to Earth."
    "Ah"
    he says
    "and why would that be?"
    ".....I-I want to meet Jade Refera!"
    Pinappla suddenly stammers out.
    "I'm her biggest fan! I can tell you stuff about her! I've been looking forward to meet for so long and.....please.....just....please....?"
    ".....hm" Lettan thinks upon this and a smile brightens on his face, as if he has an idea.
    "....Tell me Katenp, why do YOU want to join the delegation?"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-02-22 at 12:05 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Ok, 1. We didn't know- and still technically don't- that it was trying to learn, we thought it was a space horror situation where it had somehow kidnapped, killed or eaten all the people on the space station and didn't see the original one. 2. humanity was not there, more accurate to say other species but whatever. 3. we couldn't exactly communicate with it. 4. that it was trying to learn is pure speculation on Beryl's part after it had already left, we don't actually KNOW what it was trying to do at all."
    "Because that is what the situation felt like, one of those sci-fi horror flicks or videogames where you walk through a space station and find no one there, with creepy things like frozen screens and empty everything until you come face to face with an alien being that doesn't say a word and is doing something mysterious that you don't understand."
    "And of course imitating our fighting stances didn't give us the right message,
    in retrospect at times it felt like it was trying to communicate by using the movements as some sort attempt at a greeting or language, but was failing because it we don't actually communicate visually, the whole situation must've been so strange to it."
    Starlight tilted her head, staring at Beryl uncomprehendingly. "'Horror flicks'?" she asked. Remember, despite spending two years with you, you're talking to a pony whose society hasn't even developed the radio yet.

(Also, Katnep stuff. Just saiyan.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Starlight tilted her head, staring at Beryl uncomprehendingly. "'Horror flicks'?" she asked. Remember, despite spending two years with you, you're talking to a pony whose society hasn't even developed the radio yet.

(Also, Katnep stuff. Just saiyan.)
    (realized, post edited before you posted, sorry)

The Shining City
    "Oh right, you don't know what horror movies are. Those are basically like any other movie, except they are meant to scare you, often with isolated locations, groups of protagonists that dwindle to like, one person through deaths and a monster that creeps around doing the killing, in a way that makes it come across as horrific and bad and such. We don't watch those a lot or very much at all because we don't really like the genre personally."
    "That and horror movies have so many cliches and formula to what they do that comedies parodying horror movies are pretty much a genre unto itself, to the point where most things that used to be scary just aren't anymore. like vampires. they used to do werewolf movies but those stopped when dogfolk started protesting."
    "Any other stories?"
    "Oh right, we have one last story....."
    Spoiler: Entry: Planet Bloom
    Show

"Masala turned 23 this year. She has grown into quite the young woman and protector, and she is already thinking that her style of Referential Cosplay is a different branch from our own- similar but doing its own thing. Beryl now walks around the ship in a mechanics jumpsuit half the time. Meanwhile I've taken upping my disguise game to try and walk around worlds without being immediately spotted as a celebrity by posing as a brenchite, as well a cosplay that I can stealthily sneak through places.

Since none of us know our true birthdays, we've decided to all just celebrate our birthdays all on the same day for ease of remembrance and enjoyment. For this we decided it was the day I first entered the timeline. If you want to celebrate to, just write me back and tell us we will be happy to teleport to you, and plan out some festivities."

The three Referas were by now appearing much like they were in the current day and celebrating over a cake that Masala had made because both her parents were bad at cooking. it said "Happy Birthday Referas!"
    "To be honest, while I'm not yet sure how I feel about my new fame, I do feel more relaxed than I used to be. Things have been relatively quiet for some time now. Sure I've been keeping myself sharp, but I feel like I've had time enough to unwind, to settle, to chill out and just enjoy life. Those first two years just felt rushed and one of constant fear and paranoia to me. I always felt driven to keep moving towards the goal, to defeat Hailing as soon as possible. After ten years, I look back and I see my rough edges smoothed over. I feel different than who I was before, because I'm no longer that person operating as this secret rebel that nobody knows about fighting a battle known only to people like us.

Now people look up to me. They see me as a ray of hope. There are internet memes and videos about me. That last one is the most surreal part. For so long I've been I've been this referencing postmodern cool kid trying to joke around. Now people are referencing ME. People quote me out of context. They make up strange meme facts about me, like how I apparently “have a gaze so steely, it creates metal that constructors use to make buildings”. I've become some weird living internet myth. I mean I kind of expected the people to look up to me, but somehow its the internet memes that are throwing me off the most sometimes. At least I've used for good and now there are fighters all across the galaxy proclaiming they follow “The Way of the Protector” in my name. With a good amount of people swearing to uphold the optional eleventh rule, much more than I thought."

various images of people imitating her in style and fashion flashy by, fighters of Whytalites and Hyenans carrying her book on their person as they patrol searching for threats to defend against.
    "For so long I thought of myself as just this person living on the edge of society, y'know? I never I'd have any influence on anything. Somehow when I was fighting against Hailing, I thought on some level that would continue. That I'd just somehow continue being that rebellious girl who got into fights with bullies. But now I have to watch what I say. Now I'm somehow the trendsetter. Like there are people out there who copy my style of dress or wear red heart locket replicas. Or wear rainbows somewhere on their clothes. Its all flattering but....I don't feel I deserve any of it, sometimes. Sometimes I feel as if I changed and sometimes I feel as if I haven't changed at all and its the world thats changed. Its confusing."
    Images of two Jades appear: one where she is the same but the world has grown to praise her, and another where she has changed and grown more relaxed in the absence of threats.
    "Planet Bloom is quite beautiful. You would like it here, the inhabitants never knew war before Hailing. Like the entire planet has never had physical conflict on even a biological level. Everything is incredibly symbiotic here. The Aphrodans are dual-sexed natural empaths, they all eat fruit from trees, even their buildings are designed to work together. However they are even less violent than ponies and now live in constant fear of being attacked from off-world sources, and are also working to try and get rid of diseases introduced by aliens that could wreck their ecosystem. Turns out when ones entire planet is peaceful from its very evolutionary beginnings, ones biochemistry ends up being very weak compared to everyone else since none of their cells ever had to develop defenses against things that could attack it. Meaning like the Whytalites, they keep everything very clean out of fear of disease and infection."
    Images of their architecture spring to life, the buildings flowing into each other and supporting one another, all built to work with the trees and plants around to not interfere. The Aphrodans themselves had flowers and leaves on their head for hair, and were green skinned with yellow eyes. None of them looked like fighters and they all wore colorful clothing, not caring what the others wore no matter how ridiculous or muted they were. The nature of Bloom was majestic, with giant trees full of various leaves of many colors, great plants all inter connected with one another in some way, not seeing a single that wasn't in some connected or cooperating with something else.
    "They're so cooperative and such great empaths the concept of competition and deception are foreign if not alien to them, and they've gotten scammed in the past because of it, because they never think to read the fine print on contracts because the concept of intentionally wording a deal to benefit oneself more than the other never occurred to them. I'm trying my best to teach them how to fight, but every time someone experiences any form of pain, their psychic empathy makes them all feel it which hurts their effectiveness. We discovered certain during, lets say an “happy incident” between Beryl and myself that they do not have a conception of privacy or jealousy, and do not view relationships in any monogamous or permanent light. In fact private property is fuzzy to nonexistent to them in general."
    An image of Jade frowning as punched Aphrodan she was training doubles over in pain- as well as all the Aphrodans around them, all of them affected by the punch she inflicted.
    "Once before Hailing they were united, but now there is a minority of them who now have a conception of hate and given that Aphrodans have never felt hate they go real out of control with it and have formed an incredibly xenophobic group that believes that all other forms of biology are unclean and should be wiped out, though its not very successful, their own hate through the empathic links bounces around and make weakens them, making them unable to work together or muster up the morale needed to do anything because they're too busy being bitter and angry at each other. The emotions that would be unifying in humans on some level are just weakening and painful to Aphrodans."
    An image of these xenophobic Aphrodan appear: they seem wilted in some ways, in pain, angry and didn't seem to work right. Their own empathy just made their hate and anger echo back upon each other and divided them. It is unlikely they'd ever be threat.
    "I'm trying to teach the ones trying to protect their own planet. While they're not ideal fighters, I'm not giving up hope on them- all the volunteers pledged to the eleventh principle without hesitation, and there is determination in their eyes. Realistically they're going to have to go forth to fight in space suits that protect their immune systems as well as their bodies, and figure out how to shield off their minds from their empathy to actually fight anyone without feeling the other fighters pain or the pain of their comrades.

At this point it was only a few months ago and then I bid the Aphrodans farewell."

The final image is of hopeful Aphrodan protectors in space suits saluting to the Referas as they leave.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

[COLOR="#66cc66"]"Ah"
    he says
    "and why would that be?"
    ".....I-I want to meet Jade Refera!"
    Pinappla suddenly stammers out.
    "I'm her biggest fan! I can tell you stuff about her! I've been looking forward to meet for so long and.....please.....just....please....?"
    ".....hm" Lettan thinks upon this and a smile brightens on his face, as if he has an idea.
    "....Tell me Katenp, why do YOU want to join the delegation?"
    Katnep's face turns serious. "Vodkana is trying to destroy our society by training great chefs to overthrow us warriors. Furthermore, she and her chefs have wronged my father. I must stop her, and avenge my father!"
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Katnep's face turns serious. "Vodkana is trying to destroy our society by training great chefs to overthrow us warriors. Furthermore, she and her chefs have wronged my father. I must stop her, and avenge my father!"
    Saiyan District
    Lettan's brow furrows at this
    "Ah so it is a quest of JUSTICE then for the Nyagatoan people."
    He says
    "Worry not, I will help you in this, for any cause of justice is a cause of mine."
    Or his name wasn't the great saiya......saiya.....something. He wasn't sure about the name. Not yet. Perhaps he will get to a good one someday. In another life, another universe, after a few reincarnations.
    "But hm..." he says thoughtful. "what are your plans specifically once you get there? Like, what is your actual plan of action? and how can it help us be diplomatic? Because the saiyan race is very short on diplomatic skills, which is what we're seeking on this trip."
    ".....I.....hope to challenge Jade to a duel, I have always been a fan and I could show her that we're not all bad! Just a friendly duel, y'know?"
    "I have a way to include that, but you Katnep, how can we spin your goal in a way that would allow to be seen as friendly rather than confrontational? While I love a fight as much as the next saiyan, we need to make sure this works. Especially to sell this to King Vegeta...."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

[Lucifer's mansion; six years after Hailin's defear]

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian
    The Gunslinger was out for the chase again. He needed the boy. He gotten to what grew into a whole mansion, slipping through the guards with ease, psionically making himself "someone else's problem"
    He has opened the door without knocking, and anounced. "It's the Time."
    The gunslinger's voice cause, a small, cloaked figure to freeze still for a couple of seconds. In the dark, it's hard to see, but apparently someone is standing on a chair to reach up an take two silver revolvers from a class cabinet.

For a moment, the cloaked figure just stares intently at the Gunslinger from, two small eyes peering from the confines of the cloak's hood. But then the figure sighs from relief, takes the guns from the cabinet and jumps down from the chair with nary a sound. The cabinet doors close with a slight creak.

"You're that Ronlad guy, right?", six-and-half years old Martin Victor whispers. "I've been waiting for you. Come on, let's go before mom wakes up."

He moves to sneak out of the room, expecting the Gunslinger to let him past and then follow him out.

Some time later, elsewhere in the mansion, Lilith Lucifer wakes up. Somehow, she can't sleep, despite it being silent. Or...wait... is it because it's too silent?

Filled with a sudden dread feeling, the woman jumps out of her bed, lights a candle and sneaks to her son's room. Much to her concern, she finds no-one there. It's hardly the first time young Martin Victor is up when he shouldn't be, but her motherly instincts warn her that something's off this time.

Out of a moment's whim, she goes to check the dining room. She opens the door and looks around, seeing no-one. She rubs her eyes sleepily and is about to wander off, but then she spots a chair infront of a trophy cabinet. Then her eyes drift up and she notices someone has taken the cabinet's contents. She stands to shake so fiercely, it's a miracle the candle stays in her hands. Soon, a feral scream echoes through the mansion.

"MARTIN LUCIFEEEEER!!!!"

It's not really clear if she's shouting after her son or husband. Probably both.

---

[Now on Earth; ten years after Hailin's defeat]

A bunch of men are playing poker in a saloon. One of them is clearly sweating balls. Others seem more rugged and self-assured. "Time to decide, call or fold", a grinning man with a shaggy stubble asks from the nervous man, while a cigarette burns in his hand. Apparently just to put some more pressure on the guy, he breaths some smoke on his face.

The nervous man coughs a bit at the smoke, then pushes their eyeglasses ip a bit, and swallows nervously. "I-I-I'll c-call.", he finally says and straightens up.

The grin on the smoker's face dies, but he shrugs it off and draws another breath from his cigarette. "... 'kay. Show of cards, then."

Tension rises and people from other tables perk up and inch closer. One by one, the players reveal their hands... and then, the face of the smoker goes pale and flat. The nervous man with eyeglasses blinks in disbelief. "I... I think I won...", he mutters. A triumphant smile begins spreading on his face. "I think I won!"

The smoker stares at the cards, starting to shake in anger. "Yeah, no way in Hell." He suddenly draws a gun on the other man. "You cheated! No way you had that good a hand!"

Other people in the saloon gasp in terror. All activity in the room ceases, everyone's eyes are on the players. "NO! I swear! I-i-i d-did no such thing!", the eyeglassed man says, holding his hands up and trying to back as far away as he can from the gun without standing up. Unfortunately, this makes him lose balance and his chair tips over, the man falling on his back with a loud crash.

The smoker steps around the table and arms his gun with a threatening 'CLICK!'. "You lie! You better start telling the truth, or I will..."

"Put your pistol down, or someone's gonna get hurt!"

The smoker blinks. Who is speaking? It sounded like the order came from the saloon door, but he can only see the saloon doors swinging. There doesn't seem to be anyone actually standing there.

"I said, put your pistol down!"

Now the voice is closer and coming from... below? The smoker lowers jis gaze, to the level of what seems to be a young boy, and not a very tall one at that. The boy's wearing a comically wide-brimmed hat and has two revolvers holstered on his hip. The guns look way too powerfull for a child to shoot.

The smoker almost burts to laughter. "What is this? A kid is bossing Speedy Pete, the most dangerous man on the continent? Man, someone sure ate their morning porridge!"

"Last warning", the kid says utterly humourlessly. "Put. The pistol. Down. Or somebody's gonna get hurt."

"Speedy Pete" lets out a laugh and kneels before the kid, waving his gun towards the eyeglassed man. "Listen, boy. The only one who's gonna be hurtin' is that bookworm who fleeced me. Don't you stick your nose in business of adults. Now go back home to grow or somehing."

With his free hand, "Speedy Pete" grabs the brim of the boy's hat and pulls it down on his eyes. The boy stays completely put. "All right, then..."

[Fifteen minutes later]

The saloon doors swing open with enough force to break their hinges as horrified patrons rush out. Last among them is the eyeglassed man, carrying a bag of gold in his hands. "SWEET MERCY OF GOD! Someone call the Sheriff!"

Inside, it looks like there's been a shoot out involving a few... dozen men or so. Most of the tables are flipped over and others broken to pieces, courtesy of some of "Speedy Pete's" pals having been thrown at them. Some of them tried to help their friend, with little success. Now they are lying unconscious, spread around the saloon, or staggering up, unsure which day of the week, or even which year it is.

"Speedy Pete" himself is on his knees before the boy, who is grabbing "Pete" by the collar and holding him at gunpoint.

"Okay. Okay! I was wrong! I'm sorry! Never should've touched your hat! Or drawn my gun because of a card game! Now put the gun away! Pretty please...", "Pete" pleads, his voice having raised an octave or two for some reason.

"Oh, you worried about the gun?", the boy asks coldly, pushing his revolver's barrel into "Pete's" mouth. "Don't be silly, Petey. Guns don't kill people." The revolver clicks ominously as the boy arms it. "I kill people. With guns."

"Petey" mumbles something incoherent in response, which may be a further apology, or a dying prayer of a man who has suddenly found a strong motive to start believing.

That's when the Sheriff steps into the saloon and takes a bewildered look around. "What in the Devil's name happened here?"

The boy pulls his gun out of "Petey's" mouth, wipes it clean of any spit on "Petey's" shirt, then holsters it. "Petey",
    visibly relieved, falls on his back and mutters a few thanks to God. "Oh, nothing. Just a little barfight these gentlemen got into", the boy says innocently. He glances at "Petey" and kicks his shin. "Though you might want to arrest this one. He started it all, by pulling a gun on a man who won him in Poker, fair and square."

"Uh huh", the sheriff utters absent-mindedly, scanning the room for a potential culprit for all the chaos. His rational mind refuses to consider that the little boy could be the cause. "I suppose I'll have to take your word for it. What's your name, kid?"

"Martin Victor, son of Sir Martin Lucifer. Yes, that Lucifer", the boy proclaims loudly. "One day, I'll be an even greater hero than my dad, so don't forget it!"

"Suuuure", the sheriff says, stepping on "Petey" to stop him from crawling away. "Wait, Sir Martin Lucifer? Are you really his...?"

But the boy is already gone when the Sheriff turns to look back at him.

Outside, ten-and-half years old Martin Victor examines his hat, then throws it away. It was a goofy looking hat anyway. He fetches and jumps on his pony, then sets his eyes on the horizon.

The Dark Tower. Soon, he will be there. Soon, he will climb it and destroy the evil gods lurking at the top.

Just you wait and see.

And so, our young antisocial murderhobo hero spurs his mount forward, towards adventure, towards glory!
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2018-02-27 at 06:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Earth
    "Hello, Martin Lucifer"
    Astralys says. She was just suddenly there. Appearing from out of sight.
    "I am Astralys, and I am here for multiple reasons, but the only reasons which concern you are adventure. Rest assured that I am capable of combat and will not hold you back. May I accompany you?"
    There was a possibility that Martin would not react well to someone suddenly sneaking up on him like this. She was ready to catch the bullet if he reacted poorly.

The Shining City, A few moments earlier
    Astralys looks down at Earth mysteriously.
    "It is time. While I'd like to stay and I enjoyed hearing the stories, I regret to inform you all that if I stay any longer I will experience an unfortunate event harmful to myself. I know that that you desire the safety of children such as I, rest assured the place where I'm going is far safer than with all of you. No offense."
    "Wait what-"
    "Evade death."
    Suddenly like that, she was gone.
    Luxana looks Shanakan concerned.
    "....Husband, do you see anything in fate?"
    "No it is odd, but my vision sees only peaceful days lately. Nothing out of the ordinary to see. I do not like it, and don't know whats happening."
    He frowned and thinks to himself: Could Astralys see things happening that he could not?
    "...I'll check again see if there is anything I could see now."
    Shanakan's eyes shine as he concentrates. He still sees the same peaceful days. He growls, trying harder
    "Rrrrrrgh"
    Still the same, but more. Nothing out of the ordinary
    "RYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAARRRGH!!!"
    He lets out a roar as he tries his hardest to see anything noteworthy, glowing strands of fate swirling and threading themselves around him as he strains to see anything until the glowing stops- and he collapses to the floor.
    "Shanakan! Whats wrong!" Luxana kneels to him in concern.
    He picks himself up.
    "Argh. That was really hard for some reason. You"
    He points to Jade and Vodkana.
    "And you. Two people whom you've never met will be coming to meet you.
    Thats all I could glean. I....I've got to rest. And think. And maybe eat something."

He began eating some of Vodkana's food, that glimpse into fate took a lot out of him.

Hell: Enter, Onin
    Welcome to Onin's special hell. He was a saiyan warrior right now, on the long dead planet of Sadala. He had lived for about forty years as this warrior, he knew her name, he knew her every desire, her every moment, the good and the bad, he knew every single friend she had, every single member of her clan, all the little children that fought each other in mock duels, he knew every single wound she experienced, remembered all the terrain, the plants and what they did, what animals were safe to eat and what weren't, how to track things where she lived, every single opponent she ever fought, he knew her inside and out, down to every last detail whether he wanted to or not. It was a beautiful day. A was seemingly a good day to fight. Then suddenly from the horizon, a great light comes, the clan barely has any time to react before it envelops them in blazing heat and force like never before. A scream is torn from her lips as the ground shatters under her and her final moments are of infinite blinding agony while seeing all the people she knew get disintegrated before her eyes.

And then? He was suddenly in a different child, beginning to live out their entire life until that final day of Sadala as well. He had no control over his actions- he was essentially living out a very thorough and complex recording of every single life that he ever took that day. It was a reminder of the value of all the people that were lost in their fullest detail, making him feel guilt for every single life individually, one at a time in the most thorough of ways possible. So it has been for thousands of years? He had lost track of time. So it will be for kalpa upon kalpa to come. He was sure his memories were edited every so often so that he wouldn't grow desensitized and jaded to the experience, keeping the seemingly eternal torment fresh and the fact that he killed all these people at the forefront.

Onin had long ago accepted this punishment when Yenma judged him. There was no forgiving for what he had done. Not from himself, not from anyone. Redemption had no meaning to the dead. He was already serving his time for the crimes he committed, there is nothing in the world that he could possibly do more to lift the weight of his crimes and he was pretty sure the thousands of years he already spent doing so was but a mere drop for the far longer times to come. It was only what he deserved. Forever.

Then the door opened, and the recording paused, putt him back in his true from: a muscular saiyan in ragged latter with shaggy hair, much like the others of his time.
    "Greetings, Onin." says Kurumo. "I come with an opportunity." as he walks in.
    "Away with you, divine spirit." Onin growls. "If you've come to pardon or forgive me, I do not accept. Leave me to my torment."
    "Will you not even hear me out?"
    "No, not even one as high as you can forgive me of my crimes. There is no forgiveness. This is what I deserve. Forget about me. Begone." Onin says shortly.
    "Ah, then I do not offer redemption." Kurumo says thinking his response carefully. "I offer truth: It is under Shin's reign that the saiyans became as they were, and he did not lift a finger to guide them away from his warlike ways, thus leading to your unfortunate tale. Is is not true, that Shin is to blame for allowing the saiyan to biologically and culturally develop into a race that causes this to happen in the first place?"
    "Perhaps. But his is a distant finger unlifted, and mine was an active hand raised in fury. I demand to have most of the blame regardless, he should not be punished for my transgression. Begone, allow me to serve my time."
    Kurumo raises an eyebrow. A prisoner of hell who actually wanted to stay. That was a new one. He just threw out prime bait to blame his crimes upon Shin and Onin didn't even bite. Kurumo thought this over, how could he get him to serve his needs?
    ".....Then I offer a different truth. One you will find most important to you particular situation."
    "Then say it, and begone." Onin says stubbornly.
    "The modern saiyans are seeking the super saiyan form. They are inspired by your power and wish to achieve it for themselves, and the saiyan king is going on a quest to do just that."
    Onin is silent for a moment, wordless. Then he lets out a single word filled with rage.
    "WHAT!?"
    Kurumo to his credit, stands iron stoic in face of this as the hell shakes around from that single word being roared out alone.
    "It is true. They seek to emulate the power you've shown them so long ago, and regard you as a legend they wish to achieve."
    Onin takes deep breaths, calming himself down, but his face remained twisted in anger.
    "....What do you ask of me?"
    "I ask that you come and help me overthrow Shin, for he is a weak ruler who has let much the Universe fall into disarray through inaction. I wish to remake it into a more prosperous orderly place where things like your incident do not happen."
    ".....Very well, I will help, but when that is done, you will allow me to come back to life, and wipe out the saiyan race, then die so that I may return to this prison. They seek a cursed form. I will not allow the rest of my kind to repeat the disaster I caused. I will do this for the safety of all, and I will not allow anyone to stand in the way of that. Clear?"
    Kurumo thinks this over. Sure the saiyans were one of his armies he could use to bring order to the Universe, but he had other plans if they did not work out. If he had to sacrifice one race for universal order, so be it, they were after all just one people compared to universal order, and a warrior race at that, which would not be useful beyond the initial conquering phase of achieving that. It was affordable to pay that price.
    "Crystal, come along then, you have Solitus to meet...."
    They make their way out of Onin's prison. The first, the legendary, Super Saiyan, was free.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Shining City

Max had been listening on to story time with Jade Refera, providing some ooh's and ahh's at appropriate moments and snacking away while watching. With the stories coming to a close, and the dramatic exit of one of the people who can see the future, Max went to one of the nearby walls to have a panel open up into a sink so he could wash and dry his hands, "Well, that sounds ominous. To be fair, if someone powerful is on their way to Earth, looking for a fight, they Would probably target this room, since it has a high concentration of powerful beings an all that. Probably safer on Mars, or failing that, somewhere else on Earth."

As he talked, Max's splits finished up what they were doing throughout the rest of the city. In unison, the four splits of Max Instant Transmissioned themselves next to him, and walked into the main body to rejoin with him. This done, Max rolled his shoulders a bit and looked around the room, "So, if we're going to have strangers coming to meet Jade and Vodkana, what does everyone think: roll out the welcome mat? get ready for a fight? Maybe both, or some third thing?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth]

Martin Victor stops his pony and looks around. "Oh, hi there, girl. You want to adventure with me?", he asks with mild bemusement. Then something clicks inside his head and he puffs his head. "Well of course you'd want to adventure with me! I'm the son of the great Martin Lucifer, out to vanquish Evil! So... um..." He deflates a bit and looks around.

"Where's your steed?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

The Shining City
    "Whelp."
    Jade materializes up her biker outfit, with the modification that her biker jacket had some orange fire designs at the bottom of the sleeves and vest.
    "I don't know about you, but I'm going to be ready. I know my luck."
    Some of the old Jade of ten years ago seems to resurface, her steely gaze returns and this outfit seems to signal she is ready to fight, but something about her is warmer, still better than last time. She smiles a determined smile.
    "Cause now I know- I can face anything. I've got things to protect and friends behind me after all."

Earth
    Astralys thinks upon this. He had a good point. What was adventure without a steed? She looks into fate, her sight following a thread of fate extending out from Martin's steed and traveling across miles and miles to another horse, one that had grown up with Martin's steed in the same ranch.
    "Fate Art: Through Connection, Reunite" she whispers
    She tugs on the string and soon, seemingly by chance a rancher comes by with this very same horse, looking sad.
    "Oh how unfortunate, my ranch has an excess of horses but not enough food to feed them all! Would one of you be so kind as to care for this horse? The alternative is letting this one go and letting him die in the wild."
    "Oh my that is unfortunate, worry not I will take care of him good rancher, and he will serve me well in return."
    She gets on the steed as the rancher leaves and looks to Martin.
    "That was a stroke of good luck was it not? Now I do indeed have a steed."
    She says, smiling as if it was some sort of strange joke.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Martin Victor's eyes narrow as he looks at Astralys, but then he shrugs and brightens up. "Indeed, what amazing luck.", he says, then leans forward in his saddle to speak to his own steed. "Say hello to the Lady's horse, Mr. Popo"

The pony, or, "Mr. Popo" apparently, harumphs as it gives a sideways glance to the other equine. Martin Victor perks up in surprise. "What, you already know her? What a coincidence! Oh well, let's move on. To adventure!"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

The Saiyans
    After a while, Lettan thinks up an idea
    "I know! Jade Refera is known for her desire for justice. We can sell her on this that proof that saiyans can desire it and therefore be virtuous, even if its directed at a friend of hers. Come let us go to King Vegeta..."
    You three make your way into the King's chambers where he sat and thought, the young man looking up from some papers, he could not be more than twenty, yet he looked disgruntled and had the weight of the world on his shoulders.
    "Yes Lettan? .....Why have you brought these two into my private chambers?
    I'm busy and I've no time for suitors! We're a decade away before I have to worry about producing heirs, even if it was traditional in my father's time...."

"Agh! Your Majesty.....they're not here for that. They wish to join the diplomatic mission, they have personal interests in Jade Refera and Vodkana."
    "....Really? tell me then, what are your names and clans, and why do you want to meet them?"
    He says direct and tot he point. Pinappla stutters a little then speaks up.
    "I am Pinappla of Clan Celeria. Jade Refera is my idol, the person I measure myself against. I want to and face her, to challenge her and show that I'm strong. To....prove to her I'm a warrior!"
    Vegeta "hmmms" at this. "....Yes I think I understand. I'm planning on having representatives of all seven major clans anyways, and you could be a good way to extend a friendly hand towards her. Your in. What of you?"
    He turns to Katnep. The seven major clans are thus: Celeria is pretty much the amazon warrior clan where a matriarch rules. Clan Vegeta are vanilla saiyans with control over the oozaru form. Clan Karatta are the saiyans most obsessed with food. Clan Cabbagon are the most viking/mongol-esque and like the cold. Clan Onitan are pirates and ocean raiders now trying to be space pirates. Clan Letuz are ones who try to master zenkai the most and are kind of masochistic. Clan Tunipiz are saiyans who cut off their tails at birth for a more cleverness based style of fighting and is the clan that Lettan is from. There are other minor clans that aren't these that people can just make up of course. King Vegeta did not give any indication he particularly cared one way or the other about her cat ears or nyagato heritage. He only awaits a response. What would it be, given that she is half nyagato?

Enter Mekrashin Darok: 'Ere We Go!
    Oh god no, not these idiots. The only race in all possible realities that makes saiyans look intelligent and Majins seems safe by comparison. A Rok comes flying into the Solar system, sailing like a pirate ship, while Mekrashin sings an ork shanty while flying at the helm:

Spoiler: ERE WE GO!!
    Show
    Ere we go
    Ere we go, ere we go,cross the Kosmos.
    Ere we go, ere we go
    Ere we go, throo infinity!

Ere we go, ere we go
    ere we go, cross the Kosmos.
    Ere we go, ere we go
    Don't know where we're going till we get there!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

All galaxy is shaked in fear
    Because we da Orks
    when we marching no one can't stop us
    Because we da Orks

Ere we go, ere we go, ere we go.
    cross the Krosmos.
    throo infinity!!

We da biggest and da Strongest
    Because we da Orks
    Everyone knows-Green is Best
    Because we da Orks

cross the Kosmos.
    throo infinity!!!

Ere we go, ere we go
    ere we go, cross the Kosmos.
    Ere we go , ere we go , ere we go
    throo infinity!!!

Ere we go, ere we go , ere we go
    Cross the Korsmos
    Ere we go , ere we go
    Don't know where we're going till we get there!
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

This guttural headache-inducing nonsense is being broadcasted all channels like a drunk heavy metal band on a runaway truck crashing through everything. If saiyans are the viking warriors of the cosmos, Orkz are the idiotic hooligans. Mekrashin was no different, he was just a particularly intelligent idiotic hooligan. Ignoring the potential oxymoron there, he was dressed in pirates gear complete with a pirates hat and big red coat, and goggles wrapped around the hat. He was unusually talented for an ork, able to be a Mekboy, a Kommando, a fighter, and he currently he was a kaptain, and he was also currently a thief who had stolen away the Waaaagh Engine he himself built, away from Warlord Deatheye the Dakka Saint, and escaped from the far stronger ork along with a krew of orks and grots who didn't like Deatheye. His plan was to basically find some place and way to implant the Waaagh engine into himself, which should give him much greater power. That is what he believed, and with Orkz that is all that matters.

That nice seemingly mostly harmless green and blue planet over there seemed like a good pla- oh god why is everything shaking and where are all the lasers coming from!? they had tripped Maxes orbital defenses and were getting fired upon. Mekrashin brought out his spyglass, looking out the window at the space stations with it. While almost all orkz would say there was never enuff dakka, in Mekrashin's experience there were exceptions: by his reckoning that was way too much dakka from the enemy to save the ship. He had to get off with the engine, NOW. He leaps down and pushes aside chests of teef and flashy bitz, pausing only to frown in sadness at the plunder he was going to lose. But the engine was more important. He took a smaller chest and quickly straps it to his big hulking form and turns to leave, only to find his crew of orkz standing there, angry.
    "Oi! Ya led us ta doom, cap'n! We iz gunna krump ya down wid' dis here rok."
    "Well den, ya grotz! Jus' gunna krash throo ya den! WAAAAAAGH!"
    Mekrashin charges straight into them, tackling the first into the wall with pure strength, beheaded the second, and backhands a third, while the fourth tries to pull a slugga on him but he quickly cuts off the orkz hand and punches him aside, while the fifth one charges back and their choppa's clash in a swashbuckling contest of clumsy heavy blows, keep his choppa at bay then brings up own slugga while clashing and fires it in the fifth orkz face, point blank to bring him down- pretty much the only range where a single slugga is at all useful. After that, Mekrashin jumps into the telly-porta, something he added himself- but a grot suddenly jumps in after him, grabbing onto his back, annoyed he quickly presses two buttons- one to fire a missile as a distraction and the other to activate the device to teleport him down to earth.

As he and the grot get teleported to some random place on Earth, the missile flies out from the Rok as the ship explodes and quite unfortunately heads straight to the highest concentration of ki users like a heat-seeking missile- the Rebel alliance and company.

13. - Top - End - #73

RedWizardGuy

The Shining City
    Alarms started going off the moment an Ork ship was detected, both within the room they are in, and a more general alarm sounding throughout the city. For the citizens of the city, it was the first time the emergency broadcast system was activated and Not just a test, so it was a rather novel experience to be directed to heavily fortified bunkers to wait out the emergency.

Within the room, holographic displays popped up all over, one of them showing a live feed from the satellites with scans having identified the incoming ork ship as a 'Rok'. Of course, the automated systems had immediately opened fire, Max came from a ridiculous timeline where Earth was actively dealing with it's own Ork threat. Once Max saw what the threat was, he looked like he wanted to start cursing. But instead he started going, "No....nononononooooo, come on, do your job lasers." followed by "Yeeeeeessssss." as the Rok was getting decimated by the defenses he had set up.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Max started to explain, "Well, I'm not sure if any of the rest of you are familiar with them, but Orks are a species of highly...contagious...fighters. I'm not sure who or what created them, but created they are. They have a genetically programmed disposition towards fighting, they grow from spores that drop off of their bodies constantly, and they have technology that functions because they believe that it does. So fighting them is not just fighting, but having to try and contain a biohazard at the same time. Except instead of making people sick, it builds a gun and shoots them."

Just as Max was about to go on about how this threat had been neutralized, a holographic alert popped up in front of him and cut him off. An orkish teleport had been detected. Oh, and a missile was incoming. Max quietly slid the alert for the missile to the side and clicked an option on the pop up, before motioning to the teleport alert "Right...well, here's our main problem: At least one of them managed to teleport dirt side. Any volunteers for dealing with this?"

The option Max had clicked was to shoot the incoming missile down with the laser defenses of the satellites. If that was insufficient, and the rocket was getting too close to the Earth for the satellites to fire safely, the defenses of the city itself would activate to try and shoot the rocket down from planet side.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It's morning somewhere.

The Shining City, A few moments earlier

Spoiler
    Show
    Astralys looks down at Earth mysteriously.

"It is time. While I'd like to stay and I enjoyed hearing the stories, I regret to inform you all that if I stay any longer I will experience an unfortunate event harmful to myself. I know that that you desire the safety of children such as I, rest assured the place where I'm going is far safer than with all of you. No offense."

"Wait what-"

"Evade death."

Suddenly like that, she was gone.

Luxana looks Shanakan concerned.

"....Husband, do you see anything in fate?"

"No it is odd, but my vision sees only peaceful days lately. Nothing out of the ordinary to see. I do not like it, and don't know whats happening."

He frowned and thinks to himself: Could Astralys see things happening that he could not?

"...I'll check again see if there is anything I could see now."

Shanakan's eyes shine as he concentrates. He still sees the same peaceful days. He growls, trying harder

"Rrrrrrgh"

Still the same, but more. Nothing out of the ordinary

"RYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAARRRGH!!!"

He lets out a roar as he tries his hardest to see anything noteworthy, glowing strands of fate swirling and threading themselves around him as he strains to see anything until the glowing stops- and he collapses to the floor.

"Shanakan! Whats wrong!" Luxana kneels to him in concern.

He picks himself up.

"Argh. That was really hard for some reason. You"

He points to Jade and Vodkana.

"And you. Two people whom you've never met will be coming to meet you. That's all I could glean. I....I've got to rest. And think. And maybe eat something."

He began eating some of Vodkana's food, that glimpse into fate took a lot out of him.
    Starlight's eyes widened in shock. She was well aware of Shanakan's abilities, and by extension Luxana's ... the little girl must have seen some sort of danger coming. She immediately powered up, seeking out any dangerous ki signatures. She even went to the window and looked outside, looking for any threats. However, seeing the girl's parents not too bothered confused her briefly.

"....You are not going to look for her?" she asked. It was clear that, while she did know that humans had a very different culture, she had lost touch with it in favor of Equestrian culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    The Shining City

Just as Max was about to go on about how this threat had been neutralized, a holographic alert popped up in front of him and cut him off. An orkish teleport had been detected. Oh, and a missile was incoming. Max quietly slid the alert for the missile to the side and clicked an option on the pop up, before motioning to the teleport alert "Right...well, here's our main problem: At least one of them managed to teleport dirt side. Any volunteers for dealing with this?"
    Starlight didn't seem concerned about the missile, she was still trying to figure out what had Astralys so concerned. Though whether that's due to the fact that she could easily just redirect it, or whether she didn't know what a missile was was up for debate.

"I will deal with it," the pony volunteered. "I know that violence will be inevitable, but I have to at least try a peaceful solution." After all, there was a chance it wasn't the ork that scared the girl off, but some other threat.

The Saiyans

Spoiler
    Show
    After a while, Lettan thinks up an idea

"I know! Jade Refera is known for her desire for justice. We can sell her on this that proof that saiyans can desire it and therefore be virtuous, even if its directed at a friend of hers. Come let us go to King Vegeta..."

You three make your way into the King's chambers where he sat and thought, the young man looking up from some papers, he could not be more than twenty, yet he looked disgruntled and had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

"Yes Lettan? .....Why have you brought these two into my private chambers? I'm busy and I've no time for suitors! We're a decade away before I have to worry about producing heirs, even if it was traditional in my father's time...."

"Agh! Your Majesty.....they're not here for that. They wish to join the diplomatic mission, they have personal interests in Jade Refera and Vodkana."

"....Really? tell me then, what are your names and clans, and why do you want to meet them?"

He says direct and to the point. Pinappla stutters a little then speaks up.

"I am Pinappla of Clan Celeria. Jade Refera is my idol, the person I measure myself against. I want to and face her, to challenge her and show that I'm strong. To....prove to her I'm a warrior!"

Vegeta "hmmms" at this. "....Yes I think I understand. I'm planning on having representatives of all seven major clans anyways, and you could be a good way to extend a friendly hand towards her. Your in. What of you?"

He turns to Katnep. The seven major clans are thus: Celeria is pretty much the amazon warrior clan where a matriarch rules. Clan Vegeta are vanilla saiyans with control over the oozaru form. Clan Karatta are the saiyans most obsessed with food. Clan Cabbagon are the most viking/mongol-esque and like the cold. Clan Onitan are pirates and ocean raiders now trying to be space pirates. Clan Letuz are ones who try to master zenkai the most and are kind of masochistic. Clan Tunipiz are saiyans who cut off their tails at birth for a more cleverness based style of fighting and is the clan that Lettan is from. There are other minor clans that aren't these that people can just make up of course. King Vegeta did not give any indication he particularly cared one way or the other about her cat ears or nyagato heritage. He only awaits a response. What would it be, given that she is half nyagato?
    Katnep stood to attention. "I am Katnep, of the Karatta clan," she replied. "I wish to seek justice for the wrongs committed against my father, and possibly the entire saiyan race!"

- - - Updated - - -

[The Shining City]

Meanwhile, a little orange catfolk, no more than nine years old, was peeking into the room, suppressing her power level so as not to be caught. She'd heard her friend Astralys would be here, but she couldn't find her. Disappointed, the girl, the little niece of Tigra, turned to go when she stumbled across a note. Reading it, she (somewhat confused) walked over to one of the windows, leaned against it, and waited.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-03-04 at 07:53 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

The Saiyans
    Vegeta glares at Lettan at this
    "We're short on options, your Majesty."
    "Well.....I do admit, ten years old and you are still a better candidate as the representative for her clan than Chief Karatta himself. Stupid idiot always being annoying challenging people to contests, eating all the food and waving around his stupid thunder hammer while shooting lightning, he'd be a diplomatic disaster compared to you. Now its just downgraded to diplomatic issue."
    He grumbles pessimistically.
    "Your majesty." Lettan says "I urge you to have faith that she can help. She has a good heart and a good heart will never lead her astray."
    "Lettan, I'm trying to organize a diplomatic visit when our entire race is filled with nothing but battle-seeking warriors. Faith is hard to find when the average saiyan cares more about punching each other in the face than whether we survive a few decades down the road! I need something that tells me that she can help us NOT get eventually destroyed by Beerus. I'm half convinced that this diplomatic attempt will be a disaster no matter what I do...."
    "She cares about justice. Something she and Jade share in common. That could convince her of her noble intentions, if nothing else."
    "Then we would be hanging all our hopes on whether Jade Refera finds us acceptable. There will be others there, we can't hang all our hopes on one person, not even the Rainbow Saber. Don't put your eggs all in one basket, as they say."
    "Then what do we do your Majesty? Will you accept on the trip or not?"
    King Vegeta thinks upon this, looking Katnep long and hard.
    "......On second thought maybe this could work. Vodkana has indeed committed wrongs in the past, it wouldn't be THAT surprising for her to have another one come up. So they might be desensitized to it. What would be a diplomatic issue for others, might just be something considered normal where Vodkana is concerned, and thus bringing it up might just be something she and the Rebel Alliance are just used to. Your in, and your Chief will be staying here. Consider this a field trip or vacation in legal terms."
    .....So....he was hinging this all on the hope that this happened so often that the Rebel Alliance wouldn't consider it anything notable enough to endanger diplomatic relations? And he was actually taking her over an adult chief of the clan? This really was a disaster in the making.

The Shining City
    "Wait- ORKZ exist!? Wh40k Orkz!? Oh no. Quick, have any of the aliens in this room ever heard of the races Tau, Necron, Tyranid, Eldar, or any gods named Tzeentch, Khorne, Slaanesh, or Nurgle? Max have you heard of any legends of a human male with fair skin and black hair who is unreasonably buff, highly intelligent, incredible psychic powers, unable to die, likes the color gold, wanders the Earth in hiding, hates religions and being referred to as a god beyond all reason? Or any rituals to sacrifice a multitude of human souls to form one powerful ultra souled human?"
    "What does that have to do with anything?"
    "Because if any of those exist, we have to figure out how to kick their asses pronto. Trust us, they're all evil."
    Look the Referas know that MLP and cosplay magic is real, they're not placing any of this out of the bounds of possibility anymore. Masala just teleports straight to the missile and punches it before it can hit the station to lessen the impact of the explosion.

The explosion at this distance doesn't really damage the station- it fortuantely just jostles it and sends the catfolk hurtling back into an escape pod that had opened as part of the emergency protocols where she somehow lands on the all the necessary buttons to activate it, input the coordinates and close the pod then sends her hurtling down to Earth.

Astralys and Martin
    Astralys suddenly comes to a stop and announces while a whistling sound comes out of nowhere.
    "5......4.....3.....2......1....."
    Then the pod against all odds, crashes short distance away from her and opens to reveal the orange catfolk, somehow unharmed despite all that and Astralys on her steed trots up to her, offering a hand.
    "Right on time. As expected. I apologize for the shenanigans, managing my time between foiling someone's nefarious designs and spending time with my friends and future friends is hard work. I hope you don't think badly of me for it. if its any consolation, I've already foiled their plans in various ways most can scarcely imagine simply by being here where it is relatively safe."
    She smiles while talking to her.

Mekrashin:
    He and the Grot take stock of their surroundings. This seems to be a wasteland.
    "Oi! Who arrrr you den, ya grot?"
    The grot looks up at him and smiles a fangly sharklike smile. This grot wasn't any ordinary grot- he had lived long in orcish society, surviving by knowing how to play he orkz above him. See, grotz are small goblin-like subspecies of Ork, they are not children of them, because orkz sprout out from the ground fully adult with all the necessary knowledge of their profession which is mostly fighting. No, Grotz are the more numerous, weaker and more cowardly orkz that serve as their slaves, they're small and therefore its the lower class of their society, which is based bigness and strongness. They make up for it with tons of low cunning, and this grot, by the name of Stabbit, is an example of why Orkish society wouldn't work with grotz: they have a rudimentary form of entrepreneurial spirit, they know how wheel and deal, how to play their superiors to their advantage, all that social manipulation stuff, and the ydo all the support work that Orkz can't be bothered to. Basically? they make the Ork trainz run on time. and Stabbit, getting up with his pipe staff, was one of the best.
    "Da names Stabbit, Boss. Wotz the plan?"
    "I be sensin' some flamez up dere. bigguns. dis here galaxy we gotten' ta,
    must really loik krumpin'. I ain't big or 'ard enuff to krump wit' em alienz. Gotta figgya out sometin'.
    Gotta fink Kommando-like wot now."

"Hmmmm, wot 'bout dat ting dere?"
    Stabbit points at T-Rex that came stomping through. It turns to them and goes
    "RAAAAAAAWWWWWRR!!!"
    Mekrashin goes
    "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGH!!!"
    back.
    It roars back, mekrashin waaaghs back. This goes back and forth for a bit before.
    "I loik dis ting, really ork is wot it is. I know! We choppa it up, den use its bonez to make a trukk outta bonez, while uzin' its blood fer da fuel an' its stomach fer da engine! Da intestinez can be the exhaust, an' it will be arrr flameless kwik sneaky-like vessel ting to hide wit'."
    Basically it'll be transport to make sure he can't be detected by ki users so he can suppress his power and move fast at the same time.
    "Hm, reel brilyant, Boss, but wouldn't a bone trukk be outta place here?"
    "....By Mork yer roit Stabbit! Dis biggun here- dey use dese like ridin' squiggs,
    dey musta! Its so big an' strong dat it could carry loadz of tings by itzelf! We instead tame it loik a squigg and ride it outta here, an' we'll blend roit in, wot!

"Brilyant Boss! Letz do it."
    Soon Mekrashin jumps up and punches the T-Rex in the face until its willing to let him ride it, then Stabbit finds a long vine and they use it as reins.
    "Letz go den! Yer name be Deffchompa now! Off ta 'vencha!"
    They T-Rex goes stomping off with the Ork and Grot riding on top. No one will ever know the difference. Sneaky like a fox.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

The Saiyans

Spoiler
    Show
    Vegeta glares at Lettan at this
    "We're short on options, your Majesty."
    "Well.....I do admit, ten years old and you are still a better candidate as the representative for her clan than Chief Karatta himself. Stupid idiot always being annoying challenging people to contests, eating all the food and waving around his stupid thunder hammer while shooting lightning, he'd be a diplomatic disaster compared to you. Now its just downgraded to diplomatic issue."
    He grumbles pessimistically.
    "Your majesty." Lettan says "I urge you to have faith that she can help. She has a good heart and a good heart will never lead her astray."
    "Lettan, I'm trying to organize a diplomatic visit when our entire race is filled with nothing but battle-seeking warriors. Faith is hard to find when the average saiyan cares more about punching each other in the face than whether we survive a few decades down the road! I need something that tells me that she can help us NOT get eventually destroyed by Beerus. I'm half convinced that this diplomatic attempt will be a disaster no matter what I do...."
    "She cares about justice. Something she and Jade share in common. That could convince her of her noble intentions, if nothing else."
    "Then we would be hanging all our hopes on whether Jade Refera finds us acceptable. There will be others there, we can't hang all our hopes on one person, not even the Rainbow Saber. Don't put your eggs all in one basket, as they say."
    "Then what do we do your Majesty? Will you accept on the trip or not?"
    King Vegeta thinks upon this, looking Katnep long and hard.
    "......On second thought maybe this could work. Vodkana has indeed committed wrongs in the past, it wouldn't be THAT surprising for her to have another one come up. So they might be desensitized to it. What would be a diplomatic issue for others, might just be something considered normal where Vodkana is concerned, and thus bringing it up might just be something she and the Rebel Alliance are just used to. Your in, and your Chief will be staying here. Consider this a field trip or vacation in legal terms."
    .....So....he was hinging this all on the hope that this happened so often that the Rebel Alliance wouldn't consider it anything notable enough to endanger diplomatic relations? And he was actually taking her over an adult chief of the clan? This really was a disaster in the making.
    Katnep bowed to Vegeta. "Thank you, King Vegeta," she replied.

The Shining City

"Max have you heard of any legends of a human male with fair skin and black hair who is unreasonably buff, highly intelligent, incredible psychic powers, unable to die, likes the color gold, wanders the Earth in hiding, hates religions and being referred to as a god beyond all reason?"
    "Son Goku?" Starlight suggested, mostly joking. "I mean, maybe not that last part, but...." She turned her attention to the center console.

"Do we have a teleport vector?" she asked. "I can go right now and investigate."

Astralys and Martin

Astralys suddenly comes to a stop and announces while a whistling sound comes out of nowhere.

"5......4.....3.....2......1....."

Then the pod against all odds, crashes short distance away from her and opens to reveal the orange catfolk, somehow unharmed despite all that and Astralys on her steed trots up to her, offering a hand.

"Right on time. As expected. I apologize for the shenanigans, managing my time between foiling someone's nefarious designs and spending time with my friends and future friends is hard work. I hope you don't think badly of me for it. if its any consolation, I've already foiled their plans in various ways most can scarcely imagine simply by being here where it is relatively safe."

She smiles while talking to her.
    The little catfolk girl stumbled out of the pod, her eyes dizzy swirls. "C'mon auntie, I wanna sword with the play and fight to learn...." she said dizzily, before coming back to her senses.

"Plans? Nefarious designs? What do you mean?" she asked.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #77

RedWizardGuy

The Shining City

Max blinked as Jade seemed to start describing him...to his face. And then there was that part about hating religions and Max wasn't quite so sure anymore. So he replied with, "I don't hate religion, I just don't see much reason to let it dictate my actions...wait, were you describing someone else?" Max then cleared his throat, "As for those species...well, as I recall, the Tau were involved in some of the interstellar combat going on. But the rest aren't ringing any bells."

Max then manipulated the holographic display, showing the location of the teleport on a globe and floating it over for Starlight to get a look at. "That's where the Ork, or possibly Orks landed with their teleport. Unless Orks happen to be ridiculously more potent than they were from what I'm used to...you should be able to handle it if things get dicey. That said, don't hesitate to call for backup if you think for a moment that you'll need it. I'll have to put an Ork spore scanner on my list of things to do when things settle down."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana was amused about Bloom Planet mostly. Before the Orkz came.

The Gamble Against The Devil
    Spoiler
    Show

How I have stopped a thousand years war with a cupcake and MMORPG
    Spoiler
    Show

Vodkana gasped. 'What? Nya? Where the little girl?!"

She laughed at the prophecy. "I meet new people all the time
    Nyahaha. I just hope it's a datez rather thsn another angry Hailing's fan want to kill the "backstabbing concubine. Nya."

Vodkana rolled her eyes. 'Seriously. Max. Relax. We are the strongest warriors of the universe. Few little greenies can't do anything. Nya. Let's go." She followed Starlight.

Puffy and Fuzzy gotten seriouse and joined as well.

Fenrir sighed, wiping sweat from his forehead. He covered his nose, as foul alien smell hitted it from miles away. He sighed, and dressed up again, and finally gotten to the place of meeting, "So.. why do I smell sweaty over boiled snails in their own vomit?" Losing his character, tortured so much by the smell

Adventure!

Ronlad has taught the boy everything he could teach teach the boy. But the search for The Dark Tower was meant for the boy.
    The world advanced forward, and Ronlad was left behind.

This was the nature of the world- it went forward, and left old parts of itself behind. Like himself.
    But Ronlad wanted to make sure the boy is safe. He kept distance, but was prepared to intervern if he was ever needed.

'What is that?!" Hissed a monstrouse serpent, while hovering over squeaking chibi fox with glasses.
    "New hearts.. from new species... the chosen one is not a threat..." agreed with him an Arcosian grunt. Both of them wore a napkin with a symbol of heart stabbed by fork and knife.

"I want the skillsssss of the human." Hissed the serpent.
    The Arcosian grinned. "Little kitty girls, are good forms for deception... very well".
    They just left behind Patturu the chosen one, just like a cliche b rated villians, and went to the group.
    The Arcosian grinned sadisticly. 'Please! Defend yourself! Killing you painfully will be so much more fun!"
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight nodded, then turned to the others.

"Do you remember that telepathic field we all tapped into at the end of the battle against Hailing?" she asked. "I've been doing some reasearch on it, and it's actually fascinating in its implications on the study of friendship-based magic. It goes by different names in different cultures, such as the Collective Unconscious, though I think my personal favorite name is the Khala. Anyways, I recommend we tap into it for now so we can keep an eye on each other in case of danger."

----

The kitty girl turned to Astralys, looking to her lead to judge the situation, since she was able to see fate and all.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-03-05 at 02:47 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth]

Mr. Popo is clearly shocked that a space pod landed this close to it. Martin Victor does his best to calm it. "Easy, Mr. Popo! It's just a...thing... that fell from the sky. Nothing to be afraid of." He points towards Astralys and her steed approaching it. "See? It's okay."

Mr. Popo does not look convinced, so Martin Victor jumps down from the saddle and walks closer. He blinks as another, even more cat-like person emerges from the pod. "Why hello there. Strange day for cats to be falling out of the sky", he says, looking back and forth between the new arrival and Astralys. "You know, I think you ask a very good question. What is she talking about?"

And then, suddenly, there is another weird person behind them. Martin Victor lifts up a finger without looking at the Arcosian. "Hold your horses, Mister! We're in the middle of something here! While you're at it, hold my horse as well! I think you scared Mr. Popo."

Mr. Popo has, indeed, decided it is a good time to be somewhere else, and is leaving the group behind in a trail of dust.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2018-03-05 at 07:54 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

The Shining City
    Masala teleports back in. The Referas have a conversation about Starlights joke, its not particularly important to anything:
    Spoiler: On The God Emperor
    Show
    "Heheheheh, ok thats actually funny, never noticed the similarities. Heh, if only.
    No, I'm talking about a being whom we don't really have a NAME for, just a stupid title granted by his subjects: God Emperor of Mankind. Thing is, its technically not inaccurate. If he existed he'd be spiritually transcendent-ly human in a way similar to Celestia being spiritually greater than normal Ponies. and when I say he can't die, I literally mean he would be in a state very similar to the immortality granted by Dragon Balls called being a Perpetual- if he got disintegrated to nothing that still wouldn't kill him, it'd just take a long time for him to regenerate and he'd maybe lose his memory. We'd basically have to use the Evil containment wave on him because his idea of fixing things would be to begin conquering everything and purging anyone who defies him. Not a fun dude to have around."

"Transcendently human like how we are?"
    "Beryl, don't even joke about that. I don't want to contemplate either of us being the Big E. Him existing is bad news. Also I feel like if there was any time to reveal himself, it would've been when Hailing announced his presence in the sky. Its been 11 years since then, so I doubt he exists."
    "Well technically WE responded to that a year later..."
    "Again, don't joke. I'm already a little worried about people seeing me as something I'm not with some people out there thinking I'm a messiah, I don't need some weird divine human super-soul nonsense from the dawn of civilization backing that up."
    "Well given the signs, how are not a messiah? You are kind to a lot of people..."
    "You come from humble origins..."
    "you try to teach them a better way to live than constant fighting...."
    "You were temporarily god...."
    "You are friends with both the future Gods of Creation and Destruction..."
    "You have a rainbow super form powered by hopes and dreams...."
    "You blame yourself every time something bad happens...."
    "You have a rule to not destroy planets which you always hold yourself to and inspire others to do the same..."
    "Hailing pointed out your north pointing moral compass...."
    "Stop, please. Or I swear I will do something wildly stupid and chaotic thats technically within my rules to prove you wrong, like go on a massive gambling spree or something."
    Both Masala and Beryl giggle at this.
    "But seriously, screw the God-Emperor. Its for the best that he doesn't exist."
    "Wait, Max has most of the signs....? I'm putting him down as "potential God Emperor. Watch him."
    "Oh my Kais, Mom your being paranoid again."
    "Paranoia is what allows me to survive. We live in a universe where cute ponies can learn to destroy planets, I'm not placing anything beyond the bounds of possibility, no matter how ridiculous."

The coordinates for their teleport point to somewhere in the southern wastes. It was in all likelihood a random teleport, and they could very well have ended up anywhere on Earth from that.
    "Starlight, I'm more concerned about dealing with a child who is knowledgeable and wise beyond her years as well more prepared than me to be worried about her.
    "I am not worried about Astralys, Starlight. I have taught her much about the Fate arts to make sure she can control them, and her sign means she wields a most deadly martial art. I'd honestly feel more sorry for whoever she faces."

Astralys:
    She raises an eyebrow at this Arcosian.
    "Are you sure about this? I have to warn you. I know Constellation of Scorpio Style. It is not a martial art that would be tournament legal. It is very deadly in many ways."
    She takes a stance, imitating the pincer like appearance of a scorpion with her body.
    "I do not possess many means of nonlethal combat. Give up now, and I will not use them upon you to protect the ones around me. This is your only warning."
    All ends come someday, as she has seen through fate. There was no use prolonging lives bent on throwing themselves away in her mind. If this villain wants to end sooner....so be it. That was their own stupid decision to make.

Ork Pursuit:
    Shanakan and Luxana stay behind with Tarasai. they have something to discuss with him. Yankar comes along with them because he is bored and wants to see this warrior race for himself. The Referas come out of concern for peoples safety. There are some signs of some big animal being slammed into the ground then tracks of a T-rex going off into the distance. What will you do?

The Saiyans
    "You can thank me by not speaking of this conversation. If anyone asks, it was "Bleeding Heart" Lettan that allowed you in, not King Vegeta who would NEVER be so "weak" as to ask help from a child. Obviously. You are dismissed."
    Anything you want to do before you go to Earth?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

The Shining City

"Starlight, I'm more concerned about dealing with a child who is knowledgeable and wise beyond her years as well more prepared than me to be worried about her.

"I am not worried about Astralys, Starlight. I have taught her much about the Fate arts to make sure she can control them, and her sign means she wields a most deadly martial art. I'd honestly feel more sorry for whoever she faces."
    "Rrrright," Starlight said hesitantly. She was beginning to remember how human cultures worked.

Astralys

She raises an eyebrow at this Arcosian.

"Are you sure about this? I have to warn you. I know Constellation of Scorpio Style. It is not a martial art that would be tournament legal. It is very deadly in many ways."

She takes a stance, imitating the pincer like appearance of a scorpion with her body.

"I do not possess many means of nonlethal combat. Give up now, and I will not use them upon you to protect the ones around me. This is your only warning."

All ends come someday, as she has seen through fate. There was no use prolonging lives bent on throwing themselves away in her mind. If this villain wants to end sooner....so be it. That was their own stupid decision to make.
    "Hey! Don't change the subject!" The little catgirl pouted.

Ork Pursuit:

Shanakan and Luxana stay behind with Tarasai. they have something to discuss with him. Yankar comes along with them because he is bored and wants to see this warrior race for himself. The Referas come out of concern for peoples safety. There are some signs of some big animal being slammed into the ground then tracks of a T-rex going off into the distance. What will you do?
    Starlight quickly took to the air, looking around for the ork(s). This land was pretty desolate, so she should be able to see them from the air.

The Saiyans
    "You can thank me by not speaking of this conversation. If anyone asks, it was "Bleeding Heart" Lettan that allowed you in, not King Vegeta who would NEVER be so "weak" as to ask help from a child. Obviously. You are dismissed."
    Anything you want to do before you go to Earth?
    Katnep nodded, then turned to leave. There was little for her to do now -- she was ready to go, and it's not like saiyan children have proper parents.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #83

RedWizardGuy

The Shining City

Only after Yankar, Starlight, etc were on their way did Max remember something, "Oh, right....I should have offered some battle suits. Well, does anyone still around want one? Might be a bad time to do some custom tailoring, but if we're expecting trouble, it might help to have some armor that ah...scales in toughness with your power level." As he mentioned it, Max input a few commands with his holographic interface, and the walls nearby the others spun around to reveal outfits and armaments, ranging from medieval style melee weapons made of Max-knows-what, to laser pistols and rifles. The outfits ranged from casual attire in a variety of sizes (such as jeans, yoga pants, long sleeve shirts ranging to full body spandex suits with gloves and boots).

Max motioned to one of the flipped out displays, which seemed to be a collection of identical looking watches, "Oh, and even if you don't want any of the rest of it, I insist on everyone taking a watch. They're useful as communicators, tracking devices, time pieces, and of course the red button on it deploys and packs away a full body combat ready space suit for the wearer. Better safe than asphyxiated."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

The Saiyans:
    Soon all the saiyans that were chosen to come with King Vegeta on this trip were lined up in rows, like an army in front of their ship. King Vegeta is at the front.
    "Attention saiyans of New Plant! You have all been chosen by your King! Today we embark upon a journey. A journey to find the greatest of all saiyan treasures: The Super Saiyan form. Today we shall find the strength of our race, the legend that we all hold dear in our hearts and aspire to! I vow to you all, nothing will stop me from achieving the saiyan races birthright! That I shall achieve what we all have wondered and wished for, for so long. We will be marching through a battlefield unknown to us all! We will be facing a foe we have never encountered: Peace. We are all warriors, and have no knowledge of how to fight this battle....but worry not! For we do have one who can! We have Lettan, our Peacerior, to guide us and be our champion through these strange times! I tell you now: We shall win this Peace, and we shall win it for the Saiyans! Let us bravely charge out into the cosmos yelling our negotiation cries! We are SAIYANS! And we don't back down from a challenge! From ANY challenge!

TODAY WE GO......TO PEEEEAAAAAAACE!!!"

King Vegeta roars like an inspiring general and the chosen saiyans charge on into the ship while roaring their agreement, Queen Kor and many of the Tuffles around them facepalming at this. Other saiyans are simply bewildered, a few are frowning at this. Lord Karatta growls as they take off without him, fingering his thunder hammer.

Wow. They really have no idea what they're doing, do they?

The Shining City:
    Luxana and Shanakan both take a watch.
    "thank you....I'll be having need of I think.....if hat I'm thinking about my future sight is correct.....Tarasai."
    He says pointedly at the apprentice Kai, who raises an eyebrow.
    "I sense some hostility here. What is it your thinking, I may ask?"
    "Ah. Simple. My vision....has been oddly.....unsightly as of late. Its not showing as me as much as it used to. I find it curious. I thought it at first that it was simply showing me more peaceful possibilities because the world was transitioning to a less exciting, less warlike era, but that did not make sense given the evidence, at the same time nothing of particular note was happening, so I didn't do anything about it. Astralys seeing something I did not only confirms to me that something weird is going on.

You said once, that this style was invented long ago, by the Kais, the Eastern Zodiac rather than the Western. This implies you have knowledge that may be useful to figuring out why my sight is acting strange. Would you please tell me?"

"No."
    Shanakan narrows his eyes and replies in a dangerous, edged tone.
    "May I ask......why not?"
    "It is not my place to divulge the secrets of Heaven unwisely. You asking me to tell you secrets that the Kais keep so that we may watch over this Universe and guide it better. A style as powerful as the Zodiacs? thats like asking me to hand you secrets about nuclear weapons or creating artificial epidemics, but on a far greater scale."
    "....Are the Zodiac styles really that dangerous? They seem really subtle and tricky to use to me. Often with esoteric and odd methods." Luxana comments
    "They are styles that manipulate the fate and fortune of the world itself. Of course its incredibly dangerous. They're not the only martial arts of the Kais that are so powerful, but even one is enough to do terrible things that normal ki blasts can't. What makes you think my knowledge would even be of use?"
    "Because whatever occurred, affected me only. I am confident of my daughter's abilities, but to say that she has already surpassed me in seeing possible futures is simply ridiculous.
    So what I'm thinking? Someone was blocking me. And your the only one who can tell me if there is technique that can do that.....as well as whether there is someone currently alive that can pull it off."

"Ah but, supposing this is true, if she is not blocked and you are, why not go ask your daughter if she can find this blocker of yours?"
    "Because I can detect other Seers in fate. They can in turn detect me. If I get her involved more than she already has, the blocker might detect and target her as well. That they blocked me but not her makes me think that somehow, they don't think she is a threat or somehow overlooked her. I want to keep it that way."
    "Then why not your own students? You have a few to fill a dojo. Surely them working together might find this culprit?"
    "So many of them trying to do that together might be even more detectable than alone. If the blocker is that skilled, they could remotely engineer misfortune to befall my entire school, killing them all without any of their deaths being able to be traced back to the culprit. It might work, it might also kill them all, as well as exhaust and leave them defenseless to such an assault of misfortune. As their teacher, I cannot allow such a thing to happen. Therefore logically, I must pursue other avenues of gaining information. Why? Because someone tried to engineer the death of my daughter. That missile was too accurate and unfortunate in its aim for my liking, and she could not have evaded Death without a good chance of it occurring.

So I ask you straight: Is there a technique to block other Seers vision, and is someone alive who is skilled enough to perform it?"

Tarasai remains silent on this. He knew exactly what the answers were: Yes and yes. The only person he could think of was Kurumo. But he did not want to say it. Surely Kurumo wouldn't engineer an incident like that? The thought was ...unthinkable to him. He was a fellow Shinjin, someone he has spent decades even centuries talking with and being taught under in one capacity or another, far longer than he has spent with anyone here. He was a Shinjin who taught him that he had to take some form of action in the first place. Surely he wouldn't....It couldn't have been him. Why would it? He did not see why. No he couldn't accept it. Kurumo couldn't be the culprit. Maybe it was a demon? Yes. Perhaps a demon came to the Planet of the Kais, and stole the scroll is trying to frame him by doing this? It had to be.
    ".....I'm not hearing a no."
    "I can't just tell you this. We're not even sure that it was someone from the shinjin that did this, or that it was a fate technique. There is no reason for one to do this. It was probably a demon."
    Shanakan growls at this.
    "I did not think you'd go into denial upon this, my friend."
    "Well one incident of misfortune does not a Seer attack make. You have no proof."
    "And your not giving me anything helpful so that I may GET the proof. We have a family and school to protect, Tarasai. Your not helping us do that."
    Shanakan and Tarasai glare dangerously at one another as tense pause comes over the conversation.

Mekrashin:
    "Oy, Boss! Lookit, an odd squig-like ting is flyin' round. Looks blue, mus' be lucky."
    Mekrashin looks back and roars
    "Ye grot! Thats one o' dem big flamez! 'E catchez us, we're roit stomped we arrr!
    "Wat do we do den, boss?" Stabbit asks
    Mekrashin thinks then has an idea, a orky green lightbulb literally appearing over his head. which he plucks off and puts in his pack, along with the rest. Then he takes out a spray can of red paint.
    "Paint da Deffchompa red as much ya kan!"
    "Ya got it boss!"
    It is common Orky know-wotz that Red Things Go Faster. Paint it red, and it just zooms on by. Mekrashin being the smart Mekboy that he is, made a discovery and formulated two laws from this: The First Law of Redness which is a restatement of the common Orky know-wotz above, and the Second Law of Redness: The redder something gets, the faster it goes. It just stands to reason! If red makes things go faster, the more red there is, the more speed is gained. Of course, it doesn't matter if this true. It matters that Mekrashin believes it, so it might as well be true. He had to punch a few of his mekboy colleagues to make them believe this orky fact as well and that he was totally cutting edge in discovering it. Real genius mekboy he was.

So when Starlight spots them, she is treated to the bizarre sight of Mekrashin shouting to the T-rex to move faster while Stabbit acrobatically swings and leaps around the T-Rex spray painting it redder and redder all across its scales and that this was for some reason, actually making the T-Rex go exponentially faster over time because of it. Just what is going on here?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

The Shining City:

Spoiler
    Show
    Luxana and Shanakan both take a watch.
    "thank you....I'll be having need of I think.....if hat I'm thinking about my future sight is correct.....Tarasai."
    He says pointedly at the apprentice Kai, who raises an eyebrow.
    "I sense some hostility here. What is it your thinking, I may ask?"
    "Ah. Simple. My vision....has been oddly.....unsightly as of late. Its not showing as me as much as it used to. I find it curious. I thought it at first that it was simply showing me more peaceful possibilities because the world was transitioning to a less exciting, less warlike era, but that did not make sense given the evidence, at the same time nothing of particular note was happening, so I didn't do anything about it. Astralys seeing something I did not only confirms to me that something weird is going on.

You said once, that this style was invented long ago, by the Kais, the Eastern Zodiac rather than the Western. This implies you have knowledge that may be useful to figuring out why my sight is acting strange. Would you please tell me?"

"No."
    Shanakan narrows his eyes and replies in a dangerous, edged tone.
    "May I ask......why not?"
    "It is not my place to divulge the secrets of Heaven unwisely. You asking me to tell you secrets that the Kais keep so that we may watch over this Universe and guide it better. A style as powerful as the Zodiacs? thats like asking me to hand you secrets about nuclear weapons or creating artificial epidemics, but on a far greater scale."
    "....Are the Zodiac styles really that dangerous? They seem really subtle and tricky to use to me. Often with esoteric and odd methods." Luxana comments
    "They are styles that manipulate the fate and fortune of the world itself. Of course its incredibly dangerous. They're not the only martial arts of the Kais that are so powerful, but even one is enough to do terrible things that normal ki blasts can't. What makes you think my knowledge would even be of use?"
    "Because whatever occurred, affected me only. I am confident of my daughter's abilities, but to say that she has already surpassed me in seeing possible futures is simply ridiculous.
    So what I'm thinking? Someone was blocking me. And your the only one who can tell me if there is technique that can do that.....as well as whether there is someone currently alive that can pull it off."

"Ah but, supposing this is true, if she is not blocked and you are, why not go ask your daughter if she can find this blocker of yours?"
    "Because I can detect other Seers in fate. They can in turn detect me. If I get her involved more than she already has, the blocker might detect and target her as well. That they blocked me but not her makes me think that somehow, they don't think she is a threat or somehow overlooked her. I want to keep it that way."
    "Then why not your own students? You have a few to fill a dojo. Surely them working together might find this culprit?"
    "So many of them trying to do that together might be even more detectable than alone. If the blocker is that skilled, they could remotely engineer misfortune to befall my entire school, killing them all without any of their deaths being able to be traced back to the culprit. It might work, it might also kill them all, as well as exhaust and leave them defenseless to such an assault of misfortune. As their teacher, I cannot allow such a thing to happen. Therefore logically, I must pursue other avenues of gaining information. Why? Because someone tried to engineer the death of my daughter. That missile was too accurate and unfortunate in its aim for my liking, and she could not have evaded Death without a good chance of it occurring.

So I ask you straight: Is there a technique to block other Seers vision, and is someone alive who is skilled enough to perform it?"

Tarasai remains silent on this. He knew exactly what the answers were: Yes and yes. The only person he could think of was Kurumo. But he did not want to say it. Surely Kurumo wouldn't engineer an incident like that? The thought was ...unthinkable to him. He was a fellow Shinjin, someone he has spent decades even centuries talking with and being taught under in one capacity or another, far longer than he has spent with anyone here. He was a Shinjin who taught him that he had to take some form of action in the first place. Surely he wouldn't....It couldn't have been him. Why would it? He did not see why. No he couldn't accept it. Kurumo couldn't be the culprit. Maybe it was a demon? Yes. Perhaps a demon came to the Planet of the Kais, and stole the scroll is trying to frame him by doing this? It had to be.
    ".....I'm not hearing a no."
    "I can't just tell you this. We're not even sure that it was someone from the shinjin that did this, or that it was a fate technique. There is no reason for one to do this. It was probably a demon."
    Shanakan growls at this.
    "I did not think you'd go into denial upon this, my friend."
    "Well one incident of misfortune does not a Seer attack make. You have no proof."
    "And your not giving me anything helpful so that I may GET the proof. We have a family and school to protect, Tarasai. Your not helping us do that."
    Shanakan and Tarasai glare dangerously at one another as tense pause comes over the conversation.
    Tigra looked back and forth between Tarasai and Shanakan, thinking the situation over.

"I don't see where the argument is. It seems to me like Shanakan's family, that sweet kid, is in danger. So we should do everything we can to help. It's that simple."

Mekrashin:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oy, Boss! Lookit, an odd squig-like ting is flyin' round. Looks blue, mus' be lucky."
    Mekrashin looks back and roars
    "Ye grot! Thats one o' dem big flamez! 'E catchez us, we're roit stomped we arrr!
    "Wat do we do den, boss?" Stabbit asks
    Mekrashin thinks then has an idea, a orky green lightbulb literally appearing over his head. which he plucks off and puts in his pack, along with the rest. Then he takes out a spray can of red paint.
    "Paint da Deffchompa red as much ya kan!"
    "Ya got it boss!"
    It is common Orky know-wotz that Red Things Go Faster. Paint it red, and it just zooms on by. Mekrashin being the smart Mekboy that he is, made a discovery and formulated two laws from this: The First Law of Redness which is a restatement of the common Orky know-wotz above, and the Second Law of Redness: The redder something gets, the faster it goes. It just stands to reason! If red makes things go faster, the more red there is, the more speed is gained. Of course, it doesn't matter if this true. It matters that Mekrashin believes it, so it might as well be true. He had to punch a few of his mekboy colleagues to make them believe this orky fact as well and that he was totally cutting edge in discovering it. Real genius mekboy he was.

So when Starlight spots them, she is treated to the bizarre sight of Mekrashin shouting to the T-rex to move faster while Stabbit acrobatically swings and leaps around the T-Rex spray painting it redder and redder all across its scales and that this was for some reason, actually making the T-Rex go exponentially faster over time because of it. Just what is going on here?
    Starlight observed these aliens with some puzzlement. She just assumed that the red paint had something in it to make things go faster, like that orange goop from those "Portal" games her friends introduced her to. She quickly teleported alongside them, matching the t-rex for speed as she flew alongside them.

"Excuse me!" she called over to them. "Would you be so kind as to stop for a minute? And also to stop bothering that poor animal?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #86

RedWizardGuy

The Shining City

Max listened, and as things fell to a tense silence, he let out a laugh, "Ha. So, your daughter sensed an impending dangerous situation, and because you've jumped to a conclusion about it, a dangerous situation has developed within this room, between two of the, what, strongest fate-benders in the galaxy, if not universe? If you would both be so kind as to step away from your emotions for a moment, and consider: is this not a dangerous tipping point? So, instead of doing the stupid thing and coming to blows over this, how about we do the sciencey thing where we test the hypothesis and see what the results are without jumping to conclusions?"

As he spoke, Max moved over and put an arm around Tarasai's shoulders, "Because it seems to me like you might have a potential culprit in mind. If you want, I'll even pop over to the kai's world and follow up that potential lead with you, so instead of emotionally tormenting yourself we can solve this problem like the mature adults we sometimes pretend to be. And then if it's not that person, we can possibly get their help in figuring out who it is, or if this whole blockage thing is even happening and it's not some natural phenomenon or extraneous factor none of us had considered?"

As it occured to him, Max paused a moment, and followed up with, "Oh, and it would give me a chance to wear my kai-clothes. I never get a chance to wear those things."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

The Shining City:
    "I AM trying to help!"
    Tarasai says
    "The person I know would never do that. They'd only think of the good of the universe. Sure its true that there is a technique, but....they'd never try this. There is no reason for them to. There has to be some other explanation. There has to be.....Yes lets do that Max. That....sounds like a good plan."

Mekrashin:
    The Referas just stand to the side, interested in seeing how this will play out. Mekrashin looks at Stralight, confused on many levels. On one level, that old Orky instinct of obeying things bigger than you and ordering around smaller things than you was telling him to not listen to this little grot-like flying person. On another level he knew enough that his flamez was smaller than Starlight's so this grot-like alien was in some way "bigger" than him and he SHOULD obey Starlight. On a third level, he didn't even know what some of those words even mean.
    "....Stabbit. Wot doez "exkooz meh" meen?" He says in his thick british cockney accented guttural voice, trying to whisper to the grot and failing miserably.
    "Its uh......ting dat many allyunz say metinks. S'loik magik to dem, Boss."
    "Its a weirdboy?"
    "Well da word ain't magik, anywunz kan yuz it, but metinks E's a weirdboy all da same, Boss. 'E did telly-port y'know."
    "So......E's reelly big.....in da noggin. Az well az flamez."
    "Aye."
    "Ah, betta stop den."
    He halts the T-rex, who roars in relief that they're finally off.
    "Wa'cha want den, ya weirdboy allyun? Got tings ta do. Ain't got no time fer turnin' inta toads or watnot. Choppas ta swing, dakka ta fire, teks to tinkah. If'n yer 'ere fer a stompin wit' me, I ain't no koward, but I sayz ye go look fer sumwun bigga to foit wit', I ain't gonna giff ya anytin' good 'nuff. Not unless ya giff meh a few hours, some painboyz toolz an' sum time ta adjus'."

Hell
    Solitus's forces were assembled, Kurumo walks up to them.
    "Are we ready to begin?"
    "Yes! All Is Ready. Heaven Will Soon Be Ours. I Still Don't See Why We Didn't Recruit From That Particular Hell On The Way Back."
    "Trust me, Your Perfection, that hell is specifically made for Orks. they would not recognize you as leader and would only cause chaos, despite their great amount of forces. That they have a recently dead leader known as Axe King Meraxes to rally around, they'd probably attack you and try to bring war to Heaven all by themselves with no goal in mind afterwards, completely warlike and chaotic they are."
    "Really? Can I ....build a coliseum and bring in orks to fight me once we take over?"
    Blizzan says, his eyes widening disturbingly at the potential fighting mates.
    "In My Eyes, I Do Not See Why Not."
    Blizzan rubs his hands together at the prospect of a constant supply. He felt like he had to rip into something soon, his body shaking from the withdrawal.
    "Yyyyeeeeeessss...."
    "I trust, the Rebel Alliance is preoccupied?"
    "The distractions should be arriving soon, and I've made sure to block the vision of the one person who can foresee this coming. A planned 'accidental' incident will give him trauma while killing his daughter right about now, which by my foresight will make him blame himself for not seeing it coming and thus send him into despair, thus making him unable and unwilling to foresee anymore. The rest we will simply have to deal with later, I imagine we'll have to use a great amount of force on the ....Skinwalkers in particular. But thats another day."
    He refused to refer to that magic by that stupid hobby they practice. Another death, another trauma, another small cost for the very big gain of prosperity for all. Its not as if any sacrifice could outweigh the goal on the scale he must work with. Grains of sand weighed against a mountain, thats what it all was.
    "but I'll double-check, just to make sure......"
    His eyes glow white like Shanakan's. Oh dear. Yes. That was a problem. Looks like that failed. Hm. No matter. This simply required some adjustment.
    "Wait a moment. Something has come up, won't take too long."
    He teleports using instantaneous movement. He needed to frame someone. Another grain of sand on the scales. But who? He sifts through fate and raises an eyebrow. Ah yes. That would work. After all, as North Kaiio once demonstrated...

...Trombone Cultists make the best scapegoats.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Mekrashin:
    The Referas just stand to the side, interested in seeing how this will play out. Mekrashin looks at Stralight, confused on many levels. On one level, that old Orky instinct of obeying things bigger than you and ordering around smaller things than you was telling him to not listen to this little grot-like flying person. On another level he knew enough that his flamez was smaller than Starlight's so this grot-like alien was in some way "bigger" than him and he SHOULD obey Starlight. On a third level, he didn't even know what some of those words even mean.
    "....Stabbit. Wot doez "exkooz meh" meen?" He says in his thick british cockney accented guttural voice, trying to whisper to the grot and failing miserably.
    "Its uh......ting dat many allyunz say metinks. S'loik magik to dem, Boss."
    "Its a weirdboy?"
    "Well da word ain't magik, anywunz kan yuz it, but metinks E's a weirdboy all da same, Boss. 'E did telly-port y'know."
    "So......E's reelly big.....in da noggin. Az well az flamez."
    "Aye."
    "Ah, betta stop den."
    He halts the T-rex, who roars in relief that they're finally off.
    "Wa'cha want den, ya weirdboy allyun? Got tings ta do. Ain't got no time fer turnin' inta toads or watnot. Choppas ta swing, dakka ta fire, teks to tinkah. If'n yer 'ere fer a stompin wit' me, I ain't no koward, but I sayz ye go look fer sumwun bigga to foit wit', I ain't gonna giff ya anytin' good 'nuff. Not unless ya giff meh a few hours, some painboyz toolz an' sum time ta adjus'."
    "Ah, no, no stompin'" Starlight said, quickly picking up the lingo -- though it likely sounded very weird. She flew over to pet the T-Rex and make sure it was okay. Assuming it was, she would then turn back to the orkz. "I was just hopin' ye could tell me yer purpose here on Earth -- that's dis planet's name. We tried to contact ye ship, but we got no response."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2018-03-08 at 10:46 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #89

RedWizardGuy

The Shining City

Max nodded to Tarasai, saying, "Alright, I'll be ready in a few moments. Just have to change." After speaking, he used Instant Transmission to get to where he was storing his outfits and other things from his home timeline. A few moments later, he was changed, even wearing the earrings that came with the outfit that he had been granted some time ago as a training challenge. To outward appearances, it was styled the same as the supreme kai's outfit, just, you know, sized for the much larger frame of Max Banders. Inwardly, the material was composed of an magically indestructible material that weighs entirely too much for most people to move around in. Which is why it made for such great training when Max was first given the outfit. At this point though, Max was more than powerful enough not to worry about the weight.

An Instant Transmission later, and Max was back at Tarasai's side, patting him on the shoulder, "Well, let's head on up then." Unless Tarasai interrupted him, Max would then Instant Transmission the pair of them to the supreme kai's world. Max hadn't bothered to visit Shin yet, but he figured this was a good excuse as any to go for a visit and say hello. He was, of course, intending to transmission himself and Tarasai in nearby Shin.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Mekrashin:
    He scratches the side of his head. This was a very weird and oddly calm meeting with an alien for the first meeting. It felt wrong to Mekrashin. Where was the usual greetings of people going "aaaah an Ork!" and opening fire so that he could yell "Waaaaaagh!" and charge into the fray?
    "....I ain't came 'ere fer any porpoises. See, allyun, m'names Mekrashin Darok."
    He literally pronounces it as "me-crashing da-rock."
    "A Mekboy o' Klan Blood Axe, on da run from a big Warlord, an Ork by da name o' Deatheye. Reel dangruss 'e is. Leeds a WAAAAAAAGH!! o' Goff Klan Orks, see? Bigga den' me an' tink all ovva Orks arr Un-Orky. Metinks dem jus' bloody gitz dey arrr. See, he beet me up an' made me join 'is WAAAAAAAGH!! So I kould make 'im orky tek, y'know? But me noggin' is biggah, see? so metinks:
    why not make sumfin' ta make me stronga an' stomp 'im roit good? Only 'E found out, see? So I 'ad ta run away wit' it so I can come back. Datz how Orkz always win: Ya win ya win, ya die ya die fightin' so it don't count an' if we runz for it we don't lose eva cos we come back for annuver go, see!"

"An' I'm Stabbit, a grot, Mekrashin's me boss as o' da rest of da krew dyin'. Teknikally me first mate now."
    "Oi, I didnay say dat, ya grot."
    "Do ya haff any ovva opshun?"
    "......Ah shaddup."

Planet of the Kais
    When you get there, its just as mystical as you remembered it. The green fields, the quiet thrum of power, the seeming divine clarity of mind you feel simply by walking along its expertly carved pathways and past the statues commemorating past Kais and Shinjin of note for their teachings. You pass by Shinjin here and there teaching or being taught, often reading multiple scrolls on a variety of topics while holding them aloft with telekinesis or practicing strange katas and philosophical debates with each other on things esoteric and abstract, while others meditate near serene waterfalls. The sky above is the view of the Universe itself, yet at the same time it felt as if you were looking down upon it all. While it was paradise, it was not the sweet alluring place that Heaven was, there was purpose to all this, a sense of duty and dedication. A sense of quiet and peace, and discipline. It was simply, beautiful.

However you cannot stare at its majesty forever, sadly.
    "We are searching for a shinjin named Kurumo. Now this is going to be tricky, because while Kurumo is our suspect......he is also the Head of Heavenly Security, or the God of Security if you like to think of it in those terms. If anyone knows who did this it would be him....but he is also the only shinjin I know of who wields the fate arts. I haven't been here in centuries, so he might have taken on an apprentice while I've been gone. What I do know is that he is man of certainty and reason.
    He does not like taking risks, nor does he do anything unless he is reasonably sure he can make it happen. He would not do something so rash."

They soon find Shin. He is how you remember him. The two Kais just stop and look at each other for a moment.
    "......Greetings, Grand Supreme Kai." Tarasai says very formally and curtly while doing a stiff bow.
    ".....Hello Tarasai."
    "Grand Supreme Kai, I insist you refer to me as North Supreme Kai as per my future title as is proper." Tarasai says icily.
    "....Oh. Apologies, North Supreme Kai."
    There is an awkward silence.
    "Still in that pure white gi, I see. Still have not come back?"
    "Still not doing your job, I see. No. I haven't. I still have much to learn."
    Another awkward silence.
    ".....Deus has progressed very far in his planetary creation techniques. We're only a few years or decades away from him mastering making planets."
    "Good. We need more of those." Tarasai says pointedly.
    Third awkward silence.
    ".....Who is your friend T- North Supreme Kai?"
    "Max Banders. He teleported us here close to you for some reason."
    He says stiffly. You swear you felt the temperature of the area drop a few degrees.