New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Vesa nods, going to link her bell systems into the new cameras; her Sensacles go on standby for the moment.
    "You may want to slow down, Vesa," Iaito begins, his voice entering her mind as easily as thought. "This is a lot more cameras than you're used to--"

This may become readily apparent to the Revenant. It will depend largely on her capacity for thought as an individual, and perhaps the capacity of her electronic brain, but Elexxion has placed several hundred cameras over a multi-block area. Taking in that much sensory data will be a... challenge, and rather painful or even damaging unless she can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Alia nods, and quickly begins to strip off her suit, which is all one piece, save for the helmet, shortly ending up naked in the middle of the lab, with the suit on the table; fortunately, she doesn't seem very self-conscious, which is partly the result of having expected to end up that way eventually, if she was going to be worked on, and partly because she had to get used to changing in full view of three other people.
    The doctor doesn't seem very interested in the naked woman - he's much more interested in her augmentations. One of his hands appears to divide, tools and miniature manipulators forming from his fingers. Unless stopped, he'll commence dismantling some of the gear.

"Zis is excellent work. Can you tell me more about ze Tempest organization?"
    He makes a gesture with the hand that's not split into about a dozen different tools.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Lobby

"Thank you and good fortune to ya." Tipping his hat to Gary, Badger clumsily pads up the elevator on his hindlegs, giving the indicated door a knock.
    A knock won't be necessary - the interior of the glass office can be examined easily, and the door slides aside without any wait at all. A tall, genderless humanoid sits behind a curvy desk, plugged into various wall sockets by metal tendrils. Its hands tap over a keyboard.

"You're interested in a payment plan?" A distinctly female voice asks.

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Lobby

Enshadu nods. Of course! How much...I was expecting it to be higher, I can afford it. After all, I have a great deal of revenue coming my way. I don't think Enshadu quite understands what he's saying half the time. I wouldn't either if I'd been blown up and tossed off a very high place...twice...by the same person... Enshadu never was the same...
    "Six thousand gold for the hands alone, sir," Gary says, raising his eyebrows a little. This elf fellow was serious. Maybe he could pump some other augments into the job for additional profit.

Labs

Emma tries to wrench her hand free from Andy's grip, suddenly indignant. "Mister Emeral, this is ridiculous! If you won't show us your process, how do we know this isn't a waste of money?" She scowls. "The Consortium has a right to know!"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-09-07 at 01:07 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Office

"Something along that like, yes. The name's Badger, ever so pleased to meet you." The badgerly businessman says, letting out an impressed whistle as his eyes roam across the office. Fancy stuff. "Not the usual, pay so much now, so much later though. I think what I'm thinking will be of a lot more interest to you fine ladies and gentlemans and what-have-yous."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"Six thousand gold for the hands alone, sir," Gary says, raising his eyebrows a little. This elf fellow was serious. Maybe he could pump some other augments into the job for additional profit.
    Enshadu nods. Six, thousand eh? I can do that.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

The doctor doesn't seem very interested in the naked woman - he's much more interested in her augmentations. One of his hands appears to divide, tools and miniature manipulators forming from his fingers. Unless stopped, he'll commence dismantling some of the gear.

"Zis is excellent work. Can you tell me more about ze Tempest organization?"
    He makes a gesture with the hand that's not split into about a dozen different tools.
    Alia winces slightly as he starts pulling apart her suit, but won't stop him, and shakes her head at the question.

"That would not be the best idea. They're rather secretive; they likely wouldn't take kindly to it if I did. And considering some of my team are still with them... Best not to risk it."

5. - Top - End - #425

Labs

Emma tries to wrench her hand free from Andy's grip, suddenly indignant. "Mister Emeral, this is ridiculous! If you won't show us your process, how do we know this isn't a waste of money?" She scowls. "The Consortium has a right to know!"
    Labs

"What brings a baker to see how the mill works? He just wants flour. And this is the same. The process is usless. Your Boss only wants his results and I will show him when I got results to show. Or can you imagine boiling metal in a bowl tells him anything?"

He looks very angry and siriouse. His grap still holding her.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #426

Andy's Lab

"The process is not useless! How are we supposed to duplicate it without a process?" Emma asks, trying more desperately to wrestle her hand from Andy's grip. Her anger is tentative, nervous. She's not used to confronting people, about anything, but there's no time like the present. Still, Andy's anger has made her a bit shaky. "Mr. Emeral, let go of me this instant!"

Underground Labs

The doctor glances at Alia, his eyes twitching. He sets about reassembling one of her arm plates, not even looking as he does so. "Zese augments are extraordinary. I will build upon zem. You will be like... a work of art. But..." He picks up her wolf-styled helmet and gazes upon it. Exquisite. "I require your permission." He sounds almost disappointed.

Lobby

"In that case, sir, might I interest you in some dermal plating beneath your skin? It would add all the utility and protection of metal armor without the weight or unseemliness," Gary recommends, bringing up a hologram of the ultra-thin ceramic plating that would be inserted inside Enshadu's skin. "Although, Elexxion's corporate hierarchy favors metal implants and machine surrogates. Perhaps you'd like a robotic clone to pilot remotely, without lacking your trademark presence? I daresay a steel body is more intimidating than steel armor."

Accountant's Office

"I am Tias," Tias says. It leans forward, confused. "A... non-regulation payment plan? I'm not sure I'd be authorized to do that, sir..."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-09-09 at 10:21 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #427

Accountant's Office

"Then you'd better point my in the way of someone who is!" The badger says, already turning as if to waddle off once more. But then he pauses, affecting an entirely fake tone of idle fancy as he says this next; "Or, 'n mind you this's only a thought, I s'pose you could hear my deal out'n help me bring it to your bosses. If'n I know anything about companies, I know they tend to reward people who show good initiative 'n bring 'em good deals." Not to mention that having someone who knows the workings of the company would be an immense help in getting this deal made.

8. - Top - End - #428

Accountant's Office

More scared about losing a customer than hearing about his proposal, Tias nods quickly. Her smile is nervous. "I... uh, what did you have in mind, sir?" A badger. She just called a badger sir for the second time. This is a strange day.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #429

Accountant's Office

"Badger. Badger's my name 'n it's what I am, so no need for sirs 'n so forth." Using the chair as a stepping stool, Badger hops up onto Tias' desk, so that he can look her in the eye whilst he talks. "Now, pardon me if'n I'm mistaken, but you ain't exactly used to seeing talking badgers like myself parading about these parts, are you?"

10. - Top - End - #430

Accountant's Office

Tias seems startled by the sudden leap. She leans back a bit, giving Badger some space. Getting used to the casual tone of conversation, 'she' starts to relax a bit. Hesitantly, she laughs and says, "Well, no, sir. Uh, Badger. To be quite honest, we've never seen something like you before."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #431

Andy's Lab

"The process is not useless! How are we supposed to duplicate it without a process?" Emma asks, trying more desperately to wrestle her hand from Andy's grip. Her anger is tentative, nervous. She's not used to confronting people, about anything, but there's no time like the present. Still, Andy's anger has made her a bit shaky. "Mr. Emeral, let go of me this instant!"
    Andy's Lab

Andy leaves her from his grip. He still looks very seriouse.

"I will never hand over a process unless I fixed it. This process is still dangerouse and I'm happy to not blew up the lab... again. That means I'm done with creating recourcess and will now beginn the forming process."

He isn't speaking it out, but she may be able to understand what that means. In fact the week is over and all the rules are gone. He also looks a bit more friendly after his speech..

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Lobby

Enshadu grins. Oh...yes, that sounds good. Ceramic plating under my skin, I wear bandages everywhere anyway. When can the operations proceed?

13. - Top - End - #433

Accountant's Office

"Figured, figured. That'd be cause there ain't nothing like me." Sage nod, sage nod. "Oh, there's plenty of jabbering animals all right, but far as I can figure, the lot of 'em are all magical whatsists, while this miraculous cranium- He taps a thick claw against the side of his noggin. -is one hundred percent a product of technology. All the secrets of advancing animal intellect to true sapience, locked up in here. Get the idea?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-09-10 at 06:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Andy's Lab

Andy leaves her from his grip. He still looks very seriouse.

"I will never hand over a process unless I fixed it. This process is still dangerouse and I'm happy to not blew up the lab... again. That means I'm done with creating recourcess and will now beginn the forming process."

He isn't speaking it out, but she may be able to understand what that means. In fact the week is over and all the rules are gone. He also looks a bit more friendly after his speech..
    "Oh! You're ready to make the suit?" Emma's eyes widen a bit. She suddenly looks very interested, and very apologetic. "Then I can stay?"

Lobby

Enshadu grins. Oh...yes, that sounds good. Ceramic plating under my skin, I wear bandages everywhere anyway. When can the operations proceed?
    "Right now if you'd like," Gary says. Enshadu is at the front of the line. "You'll be in surgery for about twenty minutes."

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Accountant's Office

"Figured, figured. That'd be cause there ain't nothing like me." Sage nod, sage nod. "Oh, there's plenty of jabbering animals all right, but far as I can figure, the lot of 'em are all magical whatsists, while this miraculous cranium- He taps a thick claw against the side of his noggin. -is one hundred percent a product of technology. All the secrets of advancing animal intellect to true sapience, locked up in here. Get the idea?"
    Tias's eyes slowly widen. "I... I think I do, sir. And you'd be willing to... sell this is information? In exchange for new digits?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Lobby

Of course! Wonderful, that will be fine sir!

16. - Top - End - #436

Accountant's Office

"Oh, I'd say I've got little more'n rocks in my head. I know what this's worth." Badger chuckles, a rather odd, growly sound. "I'll trade you folks the right to run some tests in exchange for the thumbs, if'n anything's actually discovered, then there'll be somewhat of an additional fee. At worst you lose however much time it takes to slap some fingers on my ol' paws, at best, everyone gets filthy rich. Fair to all involved."

17. - Top - End - #437

Lobby

"Right up the stairs and follow the signs back toward the surgical wing," Gary says, pointing Enshadu that way. Should he do so, he'll be greeted by a dim room with a long metal chair.

"Please sit," says an electronic voice. "Do I have permission for a sedative?"

Accountant's Office

"That... sounds reasonable," the human computer says hesitantly. She isn't sure about that additional fee, but she suspects that the next step in making animals sapient will be worth it. She's already tallying up the numbers in her head, up in the air as they are. "We would like to run the tests first, if you don't mind."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-09-11 at 01:33 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Surgical Room

Enshadu follows the sings easily. He'll get to the chair and sit down softly on it. He hears the voice and speaks out. Yes. You may, don't take off the bandages on the back of my head please, leave those on.

19. - Top - End - #439

"Oh! You're ready to make the suit?" Emma's eyes widen a bit. She suddenly looks very interested, and very apologetic. "Then I can stay?"

"Right now if you'd like," Gary says. Enshadu is at the front of the line. "You'll be in surgery for about twenty minutes."

Tias's eyes slowly widen. "I... I think I do, sir. And you'd be willing to... sell this is information? In exchange for new digits?"
    Andy's Lab

"As mentioned before I needed a free lab to create the material I need for the suit. It's very dangerouse and I will never drag anyone into such a process."

He then turns around heading for his bed since it is still night time right.

"You can stay, but now it's time to sleep."

20. - Top - End - #440

Accountant's Office

"Of course, of course. And there'll need to be a contract signed, no doubt?" Badger says, taking this all quite casually. The secrets he's got are worth more'n enough for what he's asking, the rest is all hashing out the little devilish details.

21. - Top - End - #441

Surgical Room

Enshadu follows the sings easily. He'll get to the chair and sit down softly on it. He hears the voice and speaks out. Yes. You may, don't take off the bandages on the back of my head please, leave those on.
    "...Granted. Commencing surgery," says the machine, right before it plunges a needle into Enshadu's arm. When he wakes, he'll watch robotic arms ascend briefly before his whole body begins to ache. Even with painkillers, having dermal plating installed isn't something you get over quick. Still, it seems everything is in order - his weapons, his hands. His hands are the strangest - swirling masses of grey that are linked directly to his nervous system. They'll form whatever shape he likes, but it might take some practice at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Andy's Lab

"As mentioned before I needed a free lab to create the material I need for the suit. It's very dangerouse and I will never drag anyone into such a process."

He then turns around heading for his bed since it is still night time right.

"You can stay, but now it's time to sleep."
    "Oh, thank you Mr. Emeral!" Emma says bouncily. Finally! She gets to work! The assistant hurries on out, and true to her word, returns the next morning at dawn. Provided Andy's even awake, he might notice her setting things out for the day - a schedule, her neural headset, breakfast and lunch, recording equipment... She hums out of tune all the while.

Accountant's Office

"Well... with a deal like this, an electronic signature is standard. However, if you'll write your name with this stylus..." The accountant hands Badger a small tablet, on which is the terms of their contract - rather simple, really. There's a stylus on the side of the pad for writing his signature. "The higher-ups should be satisfied."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Surgical Room

His whole body hurt and ached like he'd been running a marathon. He'd need to go see someone about that...probably a massage would help greatly with that. He looks over at the grey swirling mass and thinks of two metal hands with long claws wrapped in bandages. What his hands used to be save being metal. Gradually his hands changed. He'll get off the chair, wobble to the wall, take out his dagger and then scrape the claws against it. The loud noise brings a smile to his masked face. He'll then promptly return to the lobby.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

"You may want to slow down, Vesa," Iaito begins, his voice entering her mind as easily as thought. "This is a lot more cameras than you're used to--"

This may become readily apparent to the Revenant. It will depend largely on her capacity for thought as an individual, and perhaps the capacity of her electronic brain, but Elexxion has placed several hundred cameras over a multi-block area. Taking in that much sensory data will be a... challenge, and rather painful or even damaging unless she can handle it.
    Vesa makes a displeased noise and pulls back, trying to redistribute as much as possible to her bell subprocessors.

Insufficient space. Subprocessors over capacity. Brain capacity 97% of limit and rising.
    Camera feed likely exceeds total capabilities.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444

"Oh, thank you Mr. Emeral!" Emma says bouncily. Finally! She gets to work! The assistant hurries on out, and true to her word, returns the next morning at dawn. Provided Andy's even awake, he might notice her setting things out for the day - a schedule, her neural headset, breakfast and lunch, recording equipment... She hums out of tune all the while.
    Due to her disruption during the night he needs a bit more sleep than dawn time. So he will wake up a little later. As he enters the lab dressed, but still half asleep he sigh frustrated.

"Please tell your boss that I need a door I can close for the night. I hate it when people walk around in my room while I'm still sleeping."

If nothing other happens Andy will go change his arm. The normal arm is just not fitting the needs so he created another replacement arm. The other one looks like a bony version of a normal arm. Several different tools are placed on the arm and each of the fingers seems to be a tool as well.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Underground Labs

The doctor glances at Alia, his eyes twitching. He sets about reassembling one of her arm plates, not even looking as he does so. "Zese augments are extraordinary. I will build upon zem. You will be like... a work of art. But..." He picks up her wolf-styled helmet and gazes upon it. Exquisite. "I require your permission." He sounds almost disappointed.
    Alia nods after a moment, albeit somewhat reluctantly.

"Alright. But keep those intact, okay? I'm fine with you making new ones, but... Those are special. I don't want them messed with."

26. - Top - End - #446
    Pixie in the Playground

Surgical Wing

"Uh... ma'am?" Gary says, red-faced. "You... you can change in the operating room."

That operating room quickly becomes apparent. A door slides aside, startling even Gary after he'd been trying so hard not to peek at Spec. It's a dim, quiet little room, with a chair much like you'd find in a dentist's office. Little else is visible.

Just getting out of that chair is a dazed young man, who now appears to have a crystalline growth extending from his scalp like spiky hair. His newly glowing eyes survey the two people, mostly Spec, before he shoots a pair of finger-pistols at Gary. In approval, apparently. "Duuude..."

Then he staggers off down the hallway, still half-drugged.
    [Surgical Wing]

((My apologies! I forgot all about this scene until I identified the word Elexxion in an AMEN post and remembered 'Oh hey! There was a scene occurring there that I was a part of!' >.<))

And I cannot get over the hilarious hijinks of this post! Duuude indeed! XD

"Gary?"

Spec whispers, rubbing the toe of her shoe against the floor and ultimately blushing.

"That man thought we were an item, didn't he?"

To be perfectly honest, Spec does find Gary cute in that nerdy, I'm a technological wizard kind of way. And she is attracted to him to some extent.

That's what makes this next part even more awkward than it already is or would be.

Spec steps into the room and freezes in place. She's terrified and trembling. Her camisole is off. But this stupid clasp on what she's wearing underneath won't her budge...

"Um..."

"Uh, Gary? Could you help me, uh, out of this? The clasp is stuck and I don't think I can remove it from here..."

Should've sprung for the most durable one while she had the opportunity! Mustn't have been tested on acrobats.

Gary may note that her entire lower left arm up to her wrist has been replaced with a sophisticated armored machine. That might explain her phobia of surgery and cybernetic implants.

27. - Top - End - #447

Accountant's Office

"Mhmm. Very modern. Badger comments, peering at the tablet. It's not paper. There's a faint little voice at the back of his head, saying he should get it in paper and ink, worrying of how easy such a contract would be to 'disappear' when all there is of it in the first place is pixels. But a certain trusting nature countermands that; These people wouldn't try to cheat him, they seem far to charitable for that.

So instead of worrying about that, he simply scans through for any troublesome causes that might oust him from his rightfully fee, paying special attention as well to just what that sum would be. "I wouldn't suppose a claw would work well as a stylus, would it now? Little hard to pick one a those up, see'n as, well- He wiggles his four clawed and furry fingers, none of them opposable and thus little good for grasping a stylus.

28. - Top - End - #448

[Surgical Wing --> Lobby]

An aide appears to help Enshadu. "Is there anything wrong, sir? Are your augmentations working correctly?"

[The Core]

"That's alright, Vesa. Break the link. Shut it down," Iaito says, tapping some things on his keypad. He shakes his head. "We might have to dump this on an AI. Unless you think you can... work your way up to it."

One of the finer points about a Revenant - and one of the reasons they're favored by the industry - is because their combination of organic and cybernetic components allows for a certain amount of adaptation without resorting to AI. A Revenant is far less dangerous to the company than an AI.

[Andy's Lab]

"I'll call Dexter right away, Mister Emeral!" Emma promises, her eyes flashing as if to signal the neural transmission of data. She looks at his new arm and says, "That's an impressive piece of equipment. What will we need it for?"

[Underground Labs]

"As you wish," the doctor says. He gives a respectful bow, the tails of his grey coat swaying as he does. "Vould you sit?" Should she do so, the doctor will say, "Good, good. Now. Is there... anyzing you have ever wanted to change about yourself? Anyzing you haven't liked?"

[Surgical Wing]

"He did, ma'am," Gary admits, face flushed. He brushes some curly hair back behind his ear and looks at the ceiling, thoroughly embarrassed. Unfortunately for him, it's not about to get any better. He stammers, "I can try, ma'am..." He starts to do just that, trying to act professional, but notices her arm and stops. "Oh. I hadn't realized you were augmented, Miss Spec..." Gary starts to work on the clasp, his knuckles brushing Spec's back while he jimmies it apart. "Why're you so nervous about it? If you've had it done before, I mean."

Accountant's Office

"Oh! Oh of course sir," Tia says, shrinking back a bit. "I hope I haven't offended you. If I might ask... why did your creators advance your brain, but not your appendages?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-09-18 at 11:17 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #449

Accountant's Office

Well now, that is a good question, innit? Badger actually looks up from his contract for that one. "Well now, you are a clever girl, ain'tcha?" The thought of lying does occur, but, what's he to gain by it? So he'll go ahead and give the truthful answer. "I've done a bit a' pondering on the subject myself- an I'll answer a question with a question; Do you know how confoundedly hard it is to go opening doors without the use a' thumbs?"

30. - Top - End - #450

Accountant's Office

"No, sir, of course not," Tia says. She furrows her strange brow. "Are you trying to say your creators imprisoned you?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters