New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Banned

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    I've never played, so I am more curious than anything.

By the way, any champs who can definitely find a role with this jungle change? I know Stonewall and, according to him, the EU now like Blitzcrank already as a jungle start roamer. Will this give him the ability to stay in jungle if he does not feel like ganking? Because I really want a place for Blitz, he's just too much fun with all that he can do.
    Yes, a lot of junglers who previously had trouble with health retention are likely to become more viable. Speed will still go to the Udyrs and Shyvanas of the jungle, though.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    inb4 Jungle Janna, Blitz, Twitch, Eve, and Ali all become OP.

Sivir rework looks good. Nerf to her late game that was pretty much the only reason people play her and a buff to her early game mean she's actually possibly viable in standard comps. I'm still mad that they are changing her, because I like quirky champions that require specific comps, but whatever. Riot will be riot.

Minion nerfs are good. Red buff nerfs are good becasue its an indirect buff to AD carries. Its already getting to the point that if your tankydps is somewhat fed and doesnt naturally build Mallet, its better just to give the buff to him, even late game.

Junglerework looks nice. Dunno what it will mean, but it looks nice.
    I'm actually not a fan of the minion changes. IMO they remove gameplay by making minion aggro management less important. Sivir...we'll have to wait for the patch, but her kit seems really weak now, except for her ult. She can be balanced with good base stats, but I don't think she'll be as fun to play.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    That really depends on the numbers. Apart from anything, it lets her double strike, which is REALLY strong.
    In lane, yeah, but if you start building attack speed doublestrike becomes one of those things you don't CARE about at all. If anything this is going to turn Sivir into an AD burst mage, and a cruddy one at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

i
    Sivir rework looks good. Nerf to her late game that was pretty much the only reason people play her and a buff to her early game mean she's actually possibly viable in standard comps. I'm still mad that they are changing her, because I like quirky champions that require specific comps, but whatever. Riot will be riot.
    Its a nerf to damn near all phases of the game for her as she can't just safely aoe waves at her turret anymore either, while taking her most defining ability and turning it into yet ANOTHER next hit auto-timer reset; and sticking on a copy of Vaynes passive as well.

"we support unique champion ideas and roles" my ass.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Bugbear in the Playground

Statikk confirms that on-hit on whole Ricochet will not happen, he felt it was too strong when he tested it. Meh.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Banned

I've never played, so I am more curious than anything.

By the way, any champs who can definitely find a role with this jungle change? I know Stonewall and, according to him, the EU now like Blitzcrank already as a jungle start roamer. Will this give him the ability to stay in jungle if he does not feel like ganking? Because I really want a place for Blitz, he's just too much fun with all that he can do.
    Yes, a lot of junglers who previously had trouble with health retention are likely to become more viable. Speed will still go to the Udyrs and Shyvanas of the jungle, though.

inb4 Jungle Janna, Blitz, Twitch, Eve, and Ali all become OP.

Minion nerfs are good. Red buff nerfs are good becasue its an indirect buff to AD carries. Its already getting to the point that if your tankydps is somewhat fed and doesnt naturally build Mallet, its better just to give the buff to him, even late game.

Junglerework looks nice. Dunno what it will mean, but it looks nice.
    I'm actually not a fan of the minion changes. IMO they remove gameplay by making minion aggro management less important. Sivir...we'll have to wait for the patch, but her kit seems really weak now, except for her ult. She can be balanced with good base stats, but I don't think she'll be as fun to play.

6. - Top - End - #1416

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Its a nerf to damn near all phases of the game for her as she can't just safely aoe waves at her turret anymore either
    She still has her Q, and honestly the new W probably means that Q+W clears a wave. I think you're overreacting without seeing the numbers. Her early game just got a lot better.

while taking her most defining ability and turning it into yet ANOTHER next hit auto-timer reset; and sticking on a copy of Vaynes passive as well.

Sivir was already horrendously boring and unoriginal. This (Hopefully) actually makes her playable and gives her another actual ability to use,

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanoi View Post
    Sivir was already horrendously boring and unoriginal. This (Hopefully) actually makes her playable and gives her another actual ability to use,
    While I wouldn't go this far, I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment...I play pretty much every AD carry-like character in the game, and Sivir (along with MF) are the two I just find mind-boggling boring. With MF it's the simple fact that I don't personally like her kit, but with Sivir it's because I don't feel like I have a kit. I love her Q, but Bouncing Blades never really felt like an ability to me, and so I think this *could* be a step in the right direction, if they do it correctly.

We'll have to wait and see though.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanoi View Post
    She still has her Q, and honestly the new W probably means that Q+W clears a wave. I think you're overreacting without seeing the numbers. Her early game just got a lot better.
    Nope, I'm not, see I actually PLAY SIVIR, and since they flat out said it's just base numbers and not scaling on any skill. The damage that new ricochet was doing plus Q won't clear a wave.
    again nope; see they just took away the only reason to play her AT ALL; her highest in game AoE damage; without fixing a single problem she had; inability to lane against strong harasser, and bad matchups inside the metagame; similiar to MF. Riot's solution? Destroy everything that made Sivir, Sivir; and make her yet another boring generic ad carry.

Statikk confirms that on-hit on whole Ricochet will not happen, he felt it was too strong when he tested it. Meh.
    As if I needed even more proof this rework is a kick to the nuts...
    Last edited by 9mm; 2011-11-25 at 06:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1419

All I know is, looking at it... yeah. She seems boring, honestly either way. Granted, useful ult is useful, but... Ashe has utility and brings a fairly unique spell in E, along with her R. She just 'seems' more fun while sharing the "carry who can do other stuff" role.

Speaking of carries, I think I am going to try Kog'maw, one more time. If anyone has played with me when I play Kog... sorry. I suck as is with carries, but it is something else with the Kogster. Which sucks, because I think he is awesome, love his ult, and DAT DAMAGE. Oh, and even one last middle finger through death is a nice little icing on the cake.

That said, I am actually curious about his best runes. So far, all the guides have said ArPen reds. Yet, all of them generally encourage AP/on-hit, and thus most of the damage is magical and comes from his W. Thus, wouldn't either MPen work better, or else perhaps AS which benefits him both with and without W and can be surprisingly useful as far as last hitting is concerned?
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-25 at 06:57 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1420

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    I play pretty much every AD carry-like character in the game, and Sivir (along with MF) are the two I just find mind-boggling boring.
    I agree with you up to this point (except about MF, she's like, my third favourite carry), but I actually find Sivir really interesting to play, just boring because she's so terrible. I'm glad they're buffing her range, that's really what needed doing.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

11. - Top - End - #1421

Oh, also, is BR rush worth it on Kog like the guides suggest, or is he like WW where you can do just as well getting the cheaper on-hits first?

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    I'm actually not a fan of the minion changes. IMO they remove gameplay by making minion aggro management less important.
    This is a point. However, being able to push early game and then just deny your opponent AND make ganking dangerous is too strong.

Its a nerf to damn near all phases of the game for her as she can't just safely aoe waves at her turret anymore either, while taking her most defining ability and turning it into yet ANOTHER next hit auto-timer reset; and sticking on a copy of Vaynes passive as well.

Sivir's problem: her early game is ****. Her Late game is God-like OP. The Solution? **** her hard early game. Its really easy. The enemy has to replace one of their solos or make their Bot-duo weak in order to have Sivir. Even if she's a last pick you can just mess with her so much.

The solution: buff her early game. THe problem: her late game is dumb now. The solution: nerf her late game.

Fixing her Passive into a generic vayne-type thingie is yes, rather bleh. But you know what? They are removing dodge. Any sort of major rework would require serious balance work. The truth is that her passive wasn't a big part of her kit, was poorly designed and had dodge. Yes, its not creative design, but I don't think anyone was honestly thinking that they were really thinking that Riot was going to completely remake it into something so amazingly unique and beautiful. If they were, they were seriously misguided.

We do need to wait for the numbers, but besides that I'm hopeful.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

Sivir's problem: her early game is ****. Her Late game is God-like OP. The Solution? **** her hard early game. Its really easy. The enemy has to replace one of their solos or make their Bot-duo weak in order to have Sivir. Even if she's a last pick you can just mess with her so much.

The solution: buff her early game. THe problem: her late game is dumb now. The solution: nerf her late game.

Fixing her Passive into a generic vayne-type thingie is yes, rather bleh. But you know what? They are removing dodge. Any sort of major rework would require serious balance work. The truth is that her passive wasn't a big part of her kit, was poorly designed and had dodge. Yes, its not creative design, but I don't think anyone was honestly thinking that they were really thinking that Riot was going to completely remake it into something so amazingly unique and beautiful. If they were, they were seriously misguided.

We do need to wait for the numbers, but besides that I'm hopeful.
    Or, you could do what she needed, slight tweaks to both, while maintaining the feel of a champion. Instead they took Sivirs total design, and threw it out the window in favor for a final product that is, in total, worse off than she was before.
    Last edited by 9mm; 2011-11-25 at 08:00 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

So she basically got the Kayle treatment?

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinizer View Post
    So she basically got the Kayle treatment?
    worse. Kayle is shafted because they forced her into a build that scales badly (as/onhit/cdr), Sivir flat out Doesn't scale at all now.
    Last edited by 9mm; 2011-11-25 at 07:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

Someone remind me how people counter Warwick, i just went 10 and 0 with him and I need to be told why he isn't FOTM.
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.

17. - Top - End - #1427

When I say "lanewick is much better than junglewick" I get people saying things like "LOL" in pregame chat. People are just so used to him being "the best jungler" (Lee Siiiiiin), and he was the best jungler at the time when the game was so frightfully different that he wasn't as amazing a laner as he was jungler (remember when "jungling" meant taking every camp in order to level four, then taking dragon, then taking more jungle creeps?). It's like Teemo, people are so used to the game being one way it's hard to accept that it's different.

As for how to counter him, buy a QSS and then either chuck CC on him or just ignore him entirely. Generally staying alive as Wolft requires hitting things or building loooots of tank items. If he does the latter he shouldn't do much beyond his ultimate. If the former, CCing him should kill him relatively quickly.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh, also, is BR rush worth it on Kog like the guides suggest, or is he like WW where you can do just as well getting the cheaper on-hits first?
    Nowadays you just build him standard AD with IE + PD + ****.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

19. - Top - End - #1429

Upon perusing Stonewall, I find that all of my more common jungle picks are considered Tier 3 or worse, with the exceptions being Skarner, Gangplank, and Nunu (who I don't use often, but tend to do well with if I have at least one competent autoattacker on my team).

Udyr, Nocturne, Jarvan, and Shaco are all guys I'd like to learn, but I imagine I should just wait until the remake goes live?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

20. - Top - End - #1430

Alright, time for a new thread title. I'd like to see something like "Small tournament patch? Change all the things!!!"

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ogre in the Playground

When I say "lanewick is much better than junglewick" I get people saying things like "LOL" in pregame chat. People are just so used to him being "the best jungler" (Lee Siiiiiin), and he was the best jungler at the time when the game was so frightfully different that he wasn't as amazing a laner as he was jungler (remember when "jungling" meant taking every camp in order to level four, then taking dragon, then taking more jungle creeps?). It's like Teemo, people are so used to the game being one way it's hard to accept that it's different.

As for how to counter him, buy a QSS and then either chuck CC on him or just ignore him entirely. Generally staying alive as Wolft requires hitting things or building loooots of tank items. If he does the latter he shouldn't do much beyond his ultimate. If the former, CCing him should kill him relatively quickly.
    Right, QSS and CC. Will remember that. I definitely have noticed the need to hit things to not die.

I think vayne is the only character who can do %health damage that I don't like. I like Kog, I like Wick, I like mundo, I can't stand vayne. I honestly feel like Twitch has more survivability.

22. - Top - End - #1432

League of Legends XXVI: We've officially jumped the shark

23. - Top - End - #1433

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    League of Legends XXVI: We've officially jumped the shark
    In Soviet Russia, Shark jump you!

Then you get stabbed with a trident.

League of Legends XXVI: Can't dodge this
    Last edited by Merellis; 2011-11-25 at 08:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Orc in the Playground

League of Legends XXVI: Now if only they'd remove queue-dodging...

25. - Top - End - #1435

Gotta go with Tod's here.

Also, I know he can be a fantastic AD carry as well, but on-hit 'Maw isn't even a thing, Eld? Wonder when that happened. He still seems like he can make it work (and, heck, get him some mana and he can make a backup caster. For some reason, he teases me with the manamune tank build. Don't know why.)
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-25 at 08:43 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    Udyr, Nocturne, Jarvan, and Shaco are all guys I'd like to learn, but I imagine I should just wait until the remake goes live?
    the remake will probably encourage farm all day junglers
    so i'd stay away from shaco and jarvan

Udyr and Nocturne are going to be big, if they farm enough they get into hyper carry status.

same with YIIIIIIIIIIIIII, just spam alpha strike all game in the jungle and come out a monster

27. - Top - End - #1437

http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/stonew...-jungle-remake

Stonewall's opinions on the remake. He seems... less than enthusiastic about it, actually. Also, according to him, farm jungle equals buff, control equals... not sure, but gankers apparently get shafted.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Let me add two things to this:

If you know the enemy has a lanewick, then push your lane. ESPECIALLY if you are an AD champion. This will force Warwick to build Wriggles. Wriggles is a good item, but WW doesn't need it if he lanes, WW needs CDR/Mana. WW is one of the worst pushers in the game. A WW that is pushed from level 1 has two options: call for ganks or actually consider leveling W (his worst ability in lane). The best option is just to play Gangplank, who is both a decent pusher, a counter-melee (WW is melee) and is good at escaping from ganks.

The other thing to realize is that WW is counter-health. If the enemy has Chogath, Singed, Jarvan, or any other hero that builds lots of Health, then you can just laugh at them as you Q them all day, never die, and kill them.

The final thing to realize is that WW is the a tankydps who really has no damage early game, no damage late game, and average damage midgame. WW relies on his Q for all his damage (unless you are an idiot and build Madreds Bloodrazor) and his Q is not very effective against people with no health and lots of MR. On the other hand, its very often when I play WW that I will farm for 20 minutes, come out of top with Wits End+Spirit Visage+Mercs+Frozen heart and tell my team that its time to win. WW with those items will win any sustained fight. His Q is just too good. WW's initation is weak, but he's one of the strongest reliable initiates from top lane. Its not amazing, but in the right places it will will fights.

The thing to remember on WW: If you jungle, you can't gank till level 6. No matter where you are, you shouldn't build Madreds Bloodrazor unless you are something dumb like 5-0 in 15 minutes. Even then, its probably a bad idea. Shurelias, FoN, Frozen heart, Spirit Visage, Wits End. Those are the items you buy. (Shurelias is perhaps the least important. Its just so friggin OP).

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Barbarian in the Playground

I know it's a little late in the thread to get reviews on this, but basically I've been somewhat miffed about the current state of one of my favorite champions, and wanted to type something up to toss over in the LoL forums. Was wondering if anyone here would bother to give it a read before I do to see if anything stands out/anything I should cover more?

Just right over here if you want to take a look.

It ends kind of abruptly, so I'm planning on adding a summary/tl;dr, but I'm honestly not sure what else it needs. I could probably offer some suggestions as to fixes, but having trouble with that.
    Last edited by Terazul; 2011-11-25 at 09:42 PM.
    Awesome Mordekaiser Pony courtesy of Squeejee!

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ettin in the Playground

For the title of the new thread, I was planning of suggesting something related to the 26th champion that was released.

But that was Caytlin and I hate her goddamn guts so no suggestions from me for now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing