New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Morph Bark's Homebrew Tier Compendium

NEW AND IMPROVED Homebrew Tier Compendium!

What’s this?

This, my friends, is my Homebrew Tier Compendium. I intend to examine Homebrew base classes and put them into a Tier listing and add tags for their roles, genre, inspiration source and subsystem use, so that when I set up a campaign and I want to use Homebrew I can just point here and say: “Everything marked with [Tag Name] of Tier X is allowed.”

If you're not familiar with the Tier system, read this.

This will be an extensive and most likely slow project, but I don’t mind as it will be a while before I’ll DM again, but I want to be ready for it and ready to use Homebrew and let my players use Homebrew. Feel free to suggest classes, but note that only complete classes will be listed and only after I have had the time to check them and judge them. Also note that this is all completely based off my own judgment, which may differ from yours. My judgment can change, of course, I’m not impervious to good, rational arguments, but usually once I’ve put it on the list, I won’t change my mind unless the class changes first.

How Will I Get Tiered?
    Simple! If you have an Extended Homebrewer's Signature, I will undoubtedly eventually come across your stuff and Tier it. If you participate in the Base Class Challenge or the Mixed Ultimate Homebrew Arts (with a base class, of course), you will eventually get Tiered (much quicker if you win, score high or just do your best!). However, there is never a full-proof, solid way of being sure you'll get your homebrew Tiered. The best way though, is to post in this thread.

Even if I don't Tier your class in the end, I will most likely at the very least give you a little PEACHing of your class here. Generally, people with original fluff or mechanics in their homebrew get Tiered faster and usually I will give small priority to people with few homebrew to their name (because it is most likely less known).

Tags
    I use a system of tags for the base classes listed below, so that even before clicking on the link you have a vague idea in what sort of campaigns you can most likely expect to use them and what party niche you are most likely to fill with that class. The tags are put into four different categories: Genre, Inspiration, Subsystem and Role. Besides these there are also a few Other tags.

Spoiler
    Show
    Major
    These are seperate from the rest, because I believe they are more important than all the others. Otherwise, these Tags would go into the "Other" category. Seriously though, a class with one of these Tags has something different about them, for better or for worse, which a DM will likely need to take into account.
    Gamechanger: These classes change an aspect of the game for the player who plays this class. Something becomes very different from normal, typically at a very low level, which makes playing this class fundamentally different from the rest. In many cases, this could be a seemingly small change and it may not give a major advantage or disadvantage, it just means that this class plays differently from normal, which might make from some very interesting play! Just don't mistake "interesting" for "good". The two aren't mutually exclusive, but they definitely aren't the same.
    Pathfinder: This Tag should be obvious what it means. In case it isn't: it means the class was made for Pathfinder, rather than for D&D 3.5, so there are a few small differences, which are easily changed if you want to convert it.

Genre
    The standard genre of D&D campaigns is Fantasy. Specifically, High Fantasy in a setting that resembles Europe around the year 1500, at the end of the Middle Ages and the beginning of the Renaissance. Most Homebrew fits this genre as well or easily can with some tweaks (to either the fluff of the class or to the campaign setting). Some classes are made to better fit a different era or location, however. Not every class has a Genre tag.
    Horror: While Horror does not exclude Fantasy, Horror campaigns are a brand apart. They have a very different feel to them than “normal” campaigns do, which classes with this tag fit very well. Note that a lot of classes can be made to fit a Horror campaign and that these classes simply fit Horror campaigns amazingly well, often being specifically made for them.
    Modern: If a class is based around gunmanship or was inspired by something set in the modern era (meaning post-1800), it will most likely receive this tag.
    Oriental: The Oriental tag denotes that a class has fluff written with a Far East or (more rarely) Middle East setting in mind, be it Edo Japan, Han China or even the Mughal Empire of India, Sassanid Persian Empire or early Ottoman Empire. Note that a lot of classes that may be hit by the “Japan” tag (see below) might not have the Oriental tag (and vice versa). These classes may have the “Modern” tag (see above) instead.
    Sci-Fi: A class tagged with Sci-Fi (short for Science Fiction, if you didn’t know) is likely a high-tech class and therefore out of place in a standard D&D setting. Some classes inspired by a sci-fi work might not be tagged with this tag due to not being particularly/exclusively Sci-Fi themselves (the Jedi from Star Wars being a good example).
    Silly: These classes are a joke. Just kidding! Classes with this tag are most likely best-suited for a light-hearted campaign or in a world where laughter was king. Note that with some refluffing these classes could still work for serious campaigns and you can still easily make a serious campaign with a party full of Silly classes (I bet some Batman villains had levels in Silly classes). Appropriately refluffed, these classes might even be among the greatest potential Horror classes.
    Steampunk: Steampunk as a genre has really grown in the past decade and the Eberron setting has drawn from it as well (though less ‘steam’ and more ‘magicpunk’). Steampunk is best described as a world based off Victorian England (1800s era) with higher levels of technology that is steam-based, up to and including steam-powered mecha even.

Inspiration
    The Inspiration group of tags describes sources from which the class drew inspiration from and may be entirely based off. Not every class has an Inspiration tag.
    Book: If a class is based off something from a novel or a book series, it will have this tag. A Harry Potter style wizard would be a prime example.
    Comic: The class was based off something or someone from a comic book. This is often the case with superhero-themed classes. Though manga are comic books, they instead fall under the “Japan” tag (see below).
    Historical: The class was inspired by something from real-world history. Seems like these would be great for low-magic campaigns, I imagine.
    Japan: Everything based off Japanese television, anime or manga falls under this. Note that a lot of classes that may be hit by the “Oriental” tag (see above) might not have the Japan tag (and vice versa).
    Original: If the class wasn’t seemingly inspired by any other media named here, it might get the Original tag. Classes that have the Original tag are usually rather different in fluff or execution of mechanics from other classes. They are never just clerics, fighters, rogues or wizards. This tag isn’t handed out easily!
    Television: If the class is based off a movie or a television series and doesn’t fall under the Japan tag, it gets this tag.
    Video Game: The class was clearly based off or inspired by a video game and may or may not explicitly call out to that by name alone.

Subsystem
    Some classes make use of their own special mechanic. Some classes are just bland. Some classes make use of a specific magic subsystem of D&D that some other classes might also use. These are some of them. Remember that to use a class that uses a subsystem you will have to learn the subsystem as well, which brings a steeper learning curve with it.
    Arcane: The class is an arcane caster, like the wizard, sorcerer or warlock. They may be prepared or spontaneous and sometimes know their full spell list. They need not be vancian casters, as with invokers.
    Binding: The class binds vestiges to themselves, like the Binder from Tome of Magic.
    Divine: The class is a divine caster, like the cleric or shugenja. They may be prepared, in which case they might or might not know their full spell list, or spontaneous. They need not be vancian casters, as with invokers, though divine invokers are more rare than arcane ones.
    Incarnum: The class uses incarnum, thus having the power of Soul on their side. See Magic of Incarnum for more details on the subsystem.
    Infusions: A rarity, even in Homebrew, infusions are the purview of the Artificer from the Eberron Campaign Setting. This class is stealing his job! Which might be a good or a bad thing, depending on how it’s handled, seeing as the Artificer is Tier 1.
    Invoker: At-will spell-like abilities are your thing! Invokers don’t really need sleep, which gives this class bonus points as well. The only official invokers are the Warlock from Complete Arcane and the Dragonfire Adept from Dragon Magic.
    Martial Adept: The class is a martial adept and learns maneuvers from martial disciplines, like the classes from Tome of Battle. You’re in luck, as there’s plenty of Homebrew support for this kind of character.
    Psionic: The class is a psionic manifester, like the classes in the Expanded Psionics Handbook. Lucky for you, they’re also in the SRD, making a psionic class easy to fit into a campaign even if the DM has no access to books at all.
    Shadow: The class uses Shadow Magic, like the Shadowcaster from Tome of Magic. If you’re playing in the Forgotten Realms, be sure to stay on Shar’s good side.
    Truenames: The class uses truenaming, like the Truenamer from Tome of Magic. It probably uses a Homebrew fix.
    Unique: The class uses a unique Homebrew system that either the class’ creator or someone else made. These are often Big Reads, but the ones that aren't are often incredible.
    -Unique: This class does not use a unique Homebrew system, but makes a new and unique twist on an existing subsystem, such as using Incarnum for something other than soulmelds, or using power points to fuel class abilities rather than manifest powers.
    Vancian: The class uses Vancian casting, the same sort of spellcasting system the cleric, druid and wizard each also use and which is the standard spellcasting system for D&D.

Role
    Party roles are important in a party, that’s just how they roll. Like dice. You like dice, don’t you? Long story short, parties function better if there isn’t too much overlap in roles and they complement one another, whether by the same, similar or totally different roles that support one another. When you’re late to the party, don’t fret! It may seem like you’re “stuck” with a role, but you could easily help them in some other way or find a way to make that role still fun for you. When life gives you lemons, you can either make lemonade or engineer a combustible lemon to burn life’s house down with. Your choice.
    Buffer: You grant your allies bonuses or minor abilities, making you a great support class. Awesome! More people should be like you, because friendship is magic.
    -Self: The -Self Tag is a sub-Tag added only to the Buffer Tag. This designates that the class is a Buffer that mainly buffs themselves, or maybe they're not even capable of buffing others.
    Crafter: While some campaigns don’t give you enough downtime to do any crafting, the Dedicated Wright could help you very much in that regard. If you can’t afford to buy or make one and won’t have a lot of downtime, either ask your DM for some downtime or don’t focus on crafting. If before the campaign started it was clear you might be on an in-game schedule, don’t focus on crafting. Otherwise, crafting can be extremely rewarding for both you and your party, saving you tons of gold pieces, whether you craft mundane or magic gear.
    Debuffer: The evil opposite of a buffer (often even literally), the debuffer bestows penalties on enemies rather than bonuses on allies. Debuffers are often controllers, limiting the opponent's movement and actions.
    Face: A party Face is someone who is good at dealing with social situations. While this might sometimes be partially dependant on the player’s own roleplaying abilities, this class is just geared up for it. They’re often Charisma-focused, have Bluff, Diplomacy/Intimidate and Sense Motive as class skills and have class features or spells that make making people friendly easier. This role is almost never taken as a character’s only role, except in low-op games.
    Healer: Often it is said that a party doesn’t need a dedicated healer in 3.5 campaigns. Either way, a Healer can still be pretty darn handy. Plus, this guy may very well be capable of other stuff, especially if he still managed to be Tier 3 or above.
    Magic: You use magic, plain and simple. If you use a subsystem, you’re most likely using a magic class here, but that isn’t necessarily so. Beware anti-magic fields, for they shut you down, even if you mostly just use supernatural abilities.
    Melee: You get into the thick of things and will have to stand within 10 ft of your enemies most of the time to deal damage.
    Moneymaker: Lemme tell you, this Tag is typically rare. The Moneymaker Tag refers to classes who can earn a lot of money. It can easily go hand-in-hand with the Crafter tag, but can also be applied to merchants, performers, gamblers (the lucky ones) and classes that somehow manage to trick out the Profession skill.
    Ranged: You will probably not want to attack if you are within 5 ft of your enemies, so stay back and let the melee get up close instead. Use your bow or your magic to deal damage or control the battlefield from afar. If a class has neither the melee nor ranged tags, it will likely want to stay away from melee if it has the “Magic” tag, otherwise it is possible it can do both Melee and Ranged, but isn't particularly made for either.
    Sage: The Sage Tag denotes a class that can most likely trick out the Knowledge skills. Sage classes tend to have all Knowledge skills as class skills or otherwise at least a sizeable amount. They often get class features that rely on Knowledge checks or make them better, though this is not necessary. Sage classes often also have Decipher Script as a class skill and they are never illiterate. Ever.
    Scout: Most likely is a class with plenty of skill points, the Listen and Spot skills, often the Hide and Move Silently skills, plus also often abilities that make them better at detecting something. Movement options are typically very important for a good scout. Scouts are often good options for wilderness survival games or for tracking as well, as half the time they have Survival on their class skill list.
    Tank: A rarity in D&D, a tank is a character who goads enemies into attacking him rather than his allies or otherwise prevents his allies from behind harmed. These classes can almost always be found in melee or six feet under.
    Trapmonkey: "It's a trap!" is likely a line you might often find yourself saying with this class. A trapmonkey is a class that usually has trapfinding or otherwise deals with traps, disarming them or setting them for others. In most campaigns, a dedicated trapmonkey is unnecessary, but they can be handy in dungeons.

Special
    These tags don’t really fit with the others and not even with each other, really.
    Big Read: A handy tag for DMs, this tag denotes a class for which you will most likely need to read a lot. Players, know that most DMs who allow Homebrew sparingly will be less likely to allow a class that is a Big Read! Exceptions always exist, especially among DMs, but a warning is in order.
    Expanded: The base class has garnered a modicum of popularity or simply has a very dedicated creator, causing it to have Prestige Classes attached to its name. If the class is tied to a Homebrew subsystem, there may also be other base classes made for it.
    Fix: While most Fix classes will be listed in the fourth post of this thread, some may be listed in the second post with the Fix Tag instead. This is because these classes were intended to be Fix classes, but they are very much different from the original official class, which is why I put them with the other ones instead.
    Incomplete: The class is incomplete, but it is definitely playable. Classes with this tag might not have all their levels finished and be playable up to a certain level or be made to allow for a character to take certain paths within the class, but not all paths are done yet, making your options more limited. Don’t see this as a bad thing! The class usually only drops half a Tier if it doesn’t have all options worked out and if not all levels are done you can still multiclass or prestige out. Note that very few incomplete classes will be listed and these few, these happy few, are an exception to the “complete classes only” rule.
    Roleplay: Classes with this Tag become even better in campaigns that are roleplay-heavy with less actual combat or even no combat at all. Generally, all Tier 1 and Tier 2 classes could have this Tag by default, but that is because their great levels of power become even more of an asset in roleplay-heavy campaigns, as others of lower Tiers become even paler in comparison. As such, this Tag is reserved for classes that actually deserve it.

Looking for PrCs? Check this thread instead: Prestige Classes!
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2017-12-21 at 07:57 PM.
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Morph Bark's Homebrew Tier Compendium

Tier 1
    Baneseeker [Divine, Vancian, Healer, Magic, Melee, Ranged, Sage, Scout]
    Golden Alchemist [Unique, Face, Magic, Moneymaker]
    Mahou Kodomo [Japan, Face, Healer, Magic]
    Metagamer [Silly, Arcane, Divine, Vancian, Magic, Melee, Ranged, Sage]
    Psi-shade [Psionic, Shadow, Magic]
    Ritualist [Arcane, Vancian, Crafter, Magic]
    Scholar [Arcane, Divine, Vancian, Magic, Sage]
    Shadow Artificer [Infusions, Shadow, Crafter, Magic, Ranged]

Tier 2
    Biollurgist [Vancian, Buffer, Healer, Magic]
    Blasphemous Preacher [Arcane, Binding, Divine, Face, Magic, Sage]
    Blue Mage* [Video Game, Arcane, Vancian, Magic, Ranged]
    Blue Mage [Video Game, Magic, Melee]
    Channeler [Divine, Invoker, Face, Healer, Magic, Melee, Ranged]
    Dementist [Buffer, Face, Magic]
    Deviant [Divine, Vancian, Magic, Sage, Scout]
    Ebon Initiate [Arcane, Invoker, Crafter, Face, Magic, Melee, Ranged]
    Eventide Magus [Arcane, Shadow, Vancian, Magic, Expanded]
    Exarch of the Emerald Shield [Comic, Unique, Crafter, Healer, Magic]
    Hakurei Shrine Maiden [Oriental, Video Game, Arcane, Vancian, Face, Magic]
    Haruspex [Arcane, Vancian, Buffer, Magic, Sage]
    Incarnation [Divine, Face, Magic]
    Jinnblood [Divine, Invoker, Face, Magic, Ranged]
    Kathodos [Various Media, Unique, Buffer-Self, Magic, Melee, Ranged, Sage, Incomplete]
    Limit Mage [Video Game, Arcane, Unique, Vancian, Magic, Expanded]
    Limit Psion [Video Game, Psionic, Unique, Magic, Sage, Expanded]
    Monstrous Armiger [Unique, Magic, Melee, Scout, Tank]
    Sanguine Knight [Melee, Tank]
    Summoner [Arcane, Vancian, Buffer, Magic]
    Tendersoul [Divine, Vancian, Buffer, Healer, Magic]
    Teramach [Buffer-Self, Melee]
    War-Marked [Original, Unique, Melee]
    Witch [Arcane, Vancian, Debuffer, Healer, Magic, Melee]
    Wordsmith [Video Game, Crafter, Magic, Melee]
    Worldrender [Original, Unique, Debuffer, Face, Healer, Magic, Melee]

High Tier 3
    These classes generally have much higher levels of power than average Tier 3 classes and may have a gamebreaker or two, but nothing that would bump them up to Tier 2. Effectively, this is a kind of "Borderline Tier 2-3", but for purposes of player class choice I consider this Tier 3, personally.
    Avatar [Divine, Vancian, Face, Healer, Magic, Melee]
    Blade Scholar [Martial Adept, Melee, Sage]
    Botanist [Unique, Buffer-Self, Healer, Magic, Scout]
    Chronoshifter [Original, Unique, Buffer, Debuffer, Healer, Magic, Expanded]
    Courtier [Arcane, Vancian, Buffer, Face, Magic, Sage]
    Dark Knight [Video Game, Unique, Buffer, Debuffer, Healer, Magic, Melee, Tank]
    Delirium Blade [Unique, Debuffer, Melee]
    Elder [Divine, Vancian]
    Emberhaunt [Arcane, Vancian, Magic, Ranged, Sage]
    Eternal Royal [Video Game, Martial Adept, Face, Melee, Roleplay]
    Grandmaster [Arcane, Vancian, Buffer, Healer, Magic]
    Greybeard [Video Game, Unique, Buffer-Self, Face, Magic, Melee, Expanded]
    Gunslinger [Modern, Martial Adept, Ranged, Scout]
    Harrowed [Horror, Unique, Debuffer, Face, Magic, Melee]
    Legend [Tank, Melee, Fix]
    Legendary Warrior [Martial Adept, Face, Melee]
    Machinist [Gamechanger, Steampunk, Martial Adept, Crafter, Melee, Sage, Roleplay]
    Magister [Arcane-Unique, Magic, Sage]
    Nord's Blade [Gamechanger, Martial Adept, Face, Melee]
    Ozodrin [Horror, Melee, Scout, Tank]
    Planeswalker [Arcane, Vancian, Face, Healer, Magic, Sage, Scout]
    Primordialist [Martial Adept, Face, Melee, Sage, Scout]
    Protean Chimera [Magic, Melee, Scout, Tank]
    Rappeler [Arcane, Vancian, Buffer, Magic, Sage]
    Scholar [Video Game, Martial Adept, Melee, Sage]
    Shapeshifter [Arcane, Vancian, Magic, Melee, Scout]
    Son of Man [Divine, Vancian, Buffer, Magic, Melee, Ranged, Sage]
    Soulblade [Incarnum-Unique, Martial Adept, Magic, Melee]
    Soulweaver [Horror, Face, Healer, Magic]
    Stoner [Binding-Unique, Face, Melee, Ranged, Trapmonkey]
    Teleporter [Gamechanger, Arcane, Vancian, Face, Magic]
    Temporalist [Gamechanger, Face, Magic, Melee, Ranged, Scout]
    Vector Witch [Japan, Arcane, Vancian, Debuffer, Face, Magic, Ranged]
    Void Disciple [Gamechanger, Arcane, Vancian, Magic, Sage]
    Warmaker [Unique, Magic, Melee, Sage]
    Witch [Unique, Face, Healer, Magic, Melee, Scout]
    Xenoalchemist [Horror, Unique, Healer, Sage, Expanded]

Tier 3
    Battle Psychic [Martial Adept, Psionics, Magic, Melee, Scout]
    Bemäntelter Schatten [Binding, Psionic, Shadow, Face, Magic]
    Chorister [Divine, Vancian, Buffer, Face, Healer, Magic]
    Chozo Warrior [Sci-Fi, Video Game, Melee, Ranged, Scout]
    Companion [Arcane, Vancian, Face, Magic, Sage, Scout]
    Conceptualist [Unique, Magic, Melee, Ranged]
    Connoisseur [Horror, Unique, Face, Melee, Expanded]
    Convoker [Arcane, Vancian, Magic]
    Corrupted [Martial Adept, Melee]
    Dawnblade [Divine, Vancian, Healer, Magic, Melee]
    Debaser [Arcane, Vancian, Debuffer, Face, Magic, Fix]
    Devil Hunter [Video Game, Divine, Vancian, Magic, Melee, Ranged, Sage, Scout]
    Divine Champion [Divine, Vancian, Face, Magic, Melee, Ranged]
    Dovahkiin [Video Game, Arcane, Unique, Buffer-Self, Face, Magic, Melee, Ranged, Expanded]
    Dovahkiin [Video Game, Unique, Buffer-Self, Face, Magic, Melee, Ranged, Sage, Scout, Incomplete]
    Earth Dreamer [Arcane, Vancian, Magic]
    Engineer [Steampunk, Unique, Crafter]
    False Prophet [Video Game, Magic, Sage]
    Flowists [Original, Unique, Buffer-Self, Face, Melee, Sage, Scout]
    Gambler [Buffer, Debuffer, Face]
    Green Knight [Divine, Vancian, Face, Healer, Melee]
    Grimwight [Horror, Unique, Melee, Scout, Expanded]
    Hemoscribe [Horror, Original, Unique, Face, Magic, Melee, Scout, Incomplete]
    Improviser [Martial Adept-Unique, Healer, Melee, Scout, Trapmonkey]
    Indigo Trickster [Arcane, Invoker-Unique, Buffer-Self, Face, Magic, Melee, Scout, Trapmonkey]
    Invisible Guardian [Face, Melee, Scout, Tank]
    Jack of All Blades [Martial Adept, Melee]
    Kaijin [Modern, Japan, Martial Adept, Buffer-Self, Melee, Ranged]
    Kensei of the Five Rings [Martial Adept, Melee, Scout]
    Kyodai [Japan, Melee]
    Librarian [Arcane, Divine, Martial Adept, Sage]
    Limit Dragoon [Video Game, Unique, Face, Melee, Tank, Expanded]
    Lord of the Uttercold [Japan, Arcane, Vancian, Face, Magic, Melee]
    Magus of Blades [Arcane, Martial Adept, Vancian, Buffer, Magic, Melee]
    Malefactor [Unique, Debuffer, Face, Magic, Melee, Tank, Fix]
    Mamono [Unique, Magic, Melee, Scout]
    Masque [Horror, Divine, Vancian, Magic, Melee]
    Olympian [Pathfinder, Face, Melee]
    Overdrive Knight [Video Game, Face, Magic, Melee, Expanded]
    Primal [Arcane, Invoker, Magic, Melee, Scout]
    Sagittarius [Healer, Ranged, Scout]
    Sentai [Modern, Japan, Martial Adept, Expanded, Buffer, Face, Magic, Melee, Ranged, Scout, Tank]
    Shield Warrior [Martial Adept, Melee, Tank]
    Soul Devourer [Invoker, Debuffer, Face, Magic, Melee]
    Soul Disciple [Incarnum, Martial Adept, Magic, Melee, Scout]
    Spellbound [Original, Arcane-Unique, Buffer-Self]
    Storm Lord [Arcane, Vancian, Magic, Ranged, Scout]
    Sublime Archer [Martial Adept, Ranged, Scout]
    Sublime Matador [Martial Adept, Face, Melee, Sage]
    Sublime Sohei [Martial Adept, Melee, Fix]
    Traveler [Psionic, Melee, Scout]
    Trueforged [Melee, Ranged]
    Warlord [Martial Adept, Buffer, Face, Melee, Tank]
    Warrior-Poet [Martial Adept, Buffer, Face, Melee]
    Wavekeeper [Arcane, Vancian, Magic, Scout]

Borderline Tier 3-4
    High Tier 4 or Low Tier 3, either way they mean the same: classes that are just a little behind in either versatility or power to really make the Tier 3 cut, but standing above most Tier 4s, they could fall in either Tier depending on the level of optimization used.
    Arbiter [Divine, Vancian, Buffer, Debuffer, Face, Magic, Scout]
    Blackguard [Divine, Invoker, Face, Magic, Melee]
    Blood King [Unique, Face, Magic, Melee, Ranged, Gamechanger]
    Cardcaller [Video Game, Unique, Magic, Scout]
    Cultist [Divine, Shadow, Face, Magic, Ranged, Expanded]
    Dabblemaster [Original, Arcane, Binding, Divine, Incarnum, Infusions, Invoker, Martial Adept, Psionic, Shadow, Truenames, Buffer, Face, Magic, Sage, Scout]
    Destined Hero [Gamechanger, Melee, Ranged, Tank]
    Disciple of Anima [Unique, Buffer, Debuffer, Healer, Magic]
    Elemental Adept [Invoker, Magic, Ranged]
    Gaoler of Frostflame [Unique, Debuffer, Magic, Ranged]
    Iron Man [Pathfinder, Steampunk, Magic, Ranged]
    Limit Freak [Horror, Video Game, Unique, Melee, Expanded]
    Machiavellian [Original, Any Genre, Buffer, Debuffer, Face]
    Magitech Templar [Steampunk, Magic, Melee]
    Pariah [Horror, Unique]
    Runewarden [Arcane, Vancian, Magic, Melee]
    Solar Ascendant [Magic, Melee, Ranged]
    Soulblade [Incarnum, Melee]
    Sniper [Ranged, Scout, Fix]
    Spiderblood Assassin [Comic, Melee, Scout, Trapmonkey]
    Tainted Scion of Venom [Comic, Melee, Scout]
    Twilight Caster [Unique, Magic, Incomplete]
    Witch Doctor [Horror, Buffer, Debuffer, Face, Magic, Incomplete]

Tier 4
    Note that Tier 4 is not bad. Tier 4 is is, after all, "capable of doing one thing quite well, but often useless when encounters require other areas of expertise, or capable of doing many things to a reasonable degree of competance without truly shining." Many great classes are Tier 4.
    Alchemist [Invoker, Crafter, Magic, Sage]
    Barrier Mage [Arcane, Vancian, Magic]
    Battle Shinigami [Oriental, Japan, Divine, Vancian, Magic, Melee, Scout]
    Biskmatar [Video Game, Melee, Tank]
    Blademaster [Martial Adept-Unique, Melee]
    Chosen Warrior [Video Game, Buffer, Magic, Melee, Scout]
    Death Knight [Video Game, Unique, Magic, Melee]
    Drunken Master [Melee]
    Dualists [Gamechanger, Original, Melee]
    Ephemeral Watcher [Shadow, Melee, Ranged, Scout, Expanded]
    Esper Knight [Television, Incarnum-Unique, Magic]
    Gentle Fist Adept [Oriental, Japan, Melee, Scout]
    Jester [Arcane, Vancian, Face, Magic, Melee, Tank]
    Kido Shinigami [Oriental, Japan, Divine, Vancian, Magic, Melee, Scout]
    Limit Knight [Video Game, Unique, Crafter, Melee, Tank, Expanded]
    Limit Monk [Video Game, Unique, Melee, Expanded]
    Limit Ninja [Video Game, Unique, Melee, Scout, Expanded]
    Limit Sniper [Video Game, Unique, Crafter, Ranged, Expanded]
    Magician [Arcane, Vancian, Crafter, Magic]
    Mind-Filcher [Magic, Ranged, Scout]
    Muse [Face, Magic]
    Plague Doctor [Buffer, Debuffer, Healer, Melee]
    Psychotherapist [Unique, Face, Magic, Sage]
    Punchmaster [Melee]
    Pyromancer [Face, Healer, Magic, Ranged]
    Runner [Melee, Scout]
    Sentinel [Melee, Tank]
    Shield [Melee, Tank]
    Skirmisher [Animation, Magic, Melee, Scout]
    Solar Avatar [Comic, Melee, Scout]
    Speedster [Comic, Melee, Scout]
    Thief-Acrobat [Melee, Scout]
    Werewolf [Melee, Scout, Tank]
    White Clad [Video Game, Face, Melee, Scout, Expanded]
    Z-Fighter [Japan, Melee]

Tier 5
    If your class is here, consider reworking it. Unless Tier 5 was your aim.
    Barkeeper [Crafter, Face, Melee]
    Botanimorphist [Magic, Melee]
    Channeler of the Planes [Divine, Vancian, Magic]
    Fanatic [Face, Melee]
    Farmer [Silly, Historical, Melee]
    Grappler [Melee]
    Handyman [Face, Healer, Sage, Scout, Trapmonkey]
    Hollow [Shadow, Melee, Scout, Expanded]
    Liberal Arts Major [Silly]
    Midnight Seer [Shadow, Magic, Sage]
    Swift Kinetic [Comic, Ranged, Scout, Trapmonkey]

Tier 6
    Pity the common man, for he is powerless.
    Redshirt [Gamechanger, Silly, Television, Buffer, Debuffer, Tank]

Variable Tier
    Assume that you always need special permission to play one of these classes if I am DMing for you. This is because depending on your choices within the class, these classes can vary from Tier 5 all the way up to Tier 2 or even 1.
    Servant Soul [Japan, Arcane, Vancian, Healer, Magic, Melee, Ranged, Sage, Scout]
    Spoiler
    Show
    It starts as a decent Tier 4 class that slowly creeps upwards as you gain access to more Heroic Spirits, but never gets into Tier 3, lingering in Borderline 3-4. Anyone who takes Assassin early has access to a low-level gamebreaker, making them briefly Tier 2, but this balances out from level 6-7 onwards.

Stylist [Face, Magic, Sage, Trapmonkey]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most of the Styles are Tier 4, which combined make a decent Tier 3 or at least a Borderline Tier 3-4 class, but some of the Styles bring it up to Tier 2. Beastly and Cosplay in particular.

Traveller [Original, Arcane, Divine, Face, Sage]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Traveller is a Variable Tier class because it’s casting mechanic is effectively like the cleric’s in practice and they can choose what class’ spell list they have access to. Thus, they can choose the Cleric, Druid or Sorcerer/Wizard spell list, which would make them Tier 1. Any other class’ spell list that includes spells up to level 9 will make the class a Tier 3. Choosing a spell list that only goes up to level 4, 5 or 6 makes this class Tier 4.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2013-11-10 at 12:19 PM.
    YouTube channel:

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Subsystems and Expansions
    Sometimes a homebrewer creates a great addition to an existing subsystem, sometimes one creates an entirely new subsystem and sometimes there just are those classes that gain a following and a boatload of PrCs and other connected material. That is what this post is all about.

Binding
    There haven't been any Binding base classes other than the Dabblemaster (and now the Blasphemous Preacher) as far as I've found, but there have been a lot of additional materials created for the Binder's use, especially vestiges. A compilation of that material can be found here.

Bloodlines
    Bloodlines are something that was a unique thing added in Unearthed Arcana and expanded upon by Welknair. His Blood King class utilizes them heavily, and a list of them can be found here as soon as they've been collected.

Gramarie
    Gramarie is a homebrew subsytem created by Kellus. A lot of extra material has been created, a collection of which can be found here.

Invokers
    Some people have created a lot of new invocations or other material to go with classes similar to the Warlock and Dragonfire Adept, such as ErrantX's Ebon Initiate and Channeler. Some examples of sets of invocations include the following: Animal, Celestial, Elemental, Necromantic, various. There are also ACFs.

Limit Warriors
    The Limit Warriors (also including the Limit Dragoon) are a group of eight classes that all use a unique subsystem that allows them to fill up their 'Limit Gauge' as they take damage and use the points in this Limit Gauge to fuel special abilities. The Limit Knight and Limit Sniper can be made more useable by tweaking their weapons to be easier and cheaper to fix and upgrade and allowing the Limit Sniper to shoot more often. Otherwise, the classes are fully useable, as long as you keep up their Constitution score for their hit points. The Limit Break mechanic was given a new spin by Ziegander here.

Tome of Battle
    Tome of Battle is probably the book with the most homebrew support ever. A lot of homebrewers have at least one piece of homebrew to their name that somehow involves Tome of Battle. Because quite a few of the classes on the Tier lists above and below are martial adepts, here is a listing of a number of homebrew martial disciplines that have the Bark Seal of Approval.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Empty Word
    Creator: --. Tier: --. Skill: --. Weapons: --. Theme: --. Comments: --

All disciplines can be found in this post and the one after that. Do note that at current these are not yet generally rated on their own Tiers, quality, usefulness, completeness and theme.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-18 at 12:32 PM.
    YouTube channel:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Homebrew Fix Classes Tiers
    This section of the Homebrew Tier Compendium is different from the Tiering above. That is because this section specifically deals with Fix Classes. Fix Classes are homebrew classes that have the stated intended purpose of fixing, retooling, revising or reworking official D&D classes. Classes that are stated to be intended derivatives of official classes to replace a part of them, such as specialist Sorcerers in the same vein as Beguilers, Dread Necromancers and Warmages, are also to be listed here.

Fix classes will generally only be listed if they actually up the Tier of the class they are supposed to fix or lower it in case of Tier 1 and Tier 2 classes. Fix classes that are different enough from the original may form an exception, though it is most likely no longer a Fix, but an actual, full-blown homebrew class.

Tags
    The Tags in this section are a little different. Instead of filling in Inspiration and Genre (which are prettymuch the same as the original, official D&D classes they are supposed to fix), these classes get Tags that show who made them and what official classes they replace. This is because some DMs may think certain homebrewers have a great general balance point or execution of concept, thus allowing their work, but not those of others. The classes get Tags that show what classes they are supposed to replace as well, even though most of the Fix classes are named the same as the class they are supposed to replace. This is because it is not obvious in all cases.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tier 1
    Fightificer [Ziegander, Fighter -- Martial Adept]

Tier 2
    Summoner [T.G. Oskar, Summoner]

High Tier 3
    These classes generally have much higher levels of power than average Tier 3 classes and may have a gamebreaker or two, but nothing that would bump them up to Tier 2.
    Elocater [Jarian, Elocater, Psion (Nomad) -- Psionic]
    Fighter Incarnate [Ernir, Fighter]
    Monk [Jiriku, Monk]
    Sorcerer and Wizard [Eldan, Sorcerer/Wizard -- Arcane, Non-Vancian]
    Soulknife [Garryl, Soulknife -- Invoker, Psionic]
    Spellthief [Jarian, Spellthief]

Tier 3
    Ascetic [Jarian, Monk]
    Duskblade, Psionic [Risada, Duskblade Variant]
    Fighter [Lemmy, Fighter -- Pathfinder]
    Jester [DonQuixote, Jester]
    Marshal [PId6, Marshal -- Martial Adept]
    Monk [lunar2, Monk]
    Ninja [Circle of Life, Ninja -- Unique]
    Open Palm [Veklim, Monk]
    Quixotic Knight [DonQuixote, Knight]
    Ranger, Retooled [T.G. Oskar, Ranger -- Divine, Vancian]
    Rogue, Sublime [sirpercival, Rogue]
    Shaman [Prime32, Shaman -- Binding]
    Shugenja [Agent_0042, Shugenja]
    Soulknife [Prime32, Soulknife]
    Swift Hunter [Jiriku, Ranger, Scout -- Divine, Vancian]
    Swashbuckler [PId6, Swashbuckler -- Martial Adept]
    Swashbuckler, True [SneeR, Swashbuckler]
    Village Priest [Dspeyer, Cleric -- Divine, Vancian]
    Warlock, Retooled [T.G. Oskar, Warlock -- Arcane, Invoker]
    Warmage, Retooled [T.G. Oskar, Warmage -- Arcane, Vancian]

Borderline Tier 3-4
    High Tier 4 or Low Tier 3, either way they mean the same: classes that are just a little behind in either versatility or power to really make the Tier 3 cut, but standing above most Tier 4s, they could fall in either Tier depending on the level of optimization used.
    Bard [DonQuixote, Bard -- Non-Arcane, Non-Vancian]
    Bez-Kismet [T.G. Oskar, Hexblade -- Arcane, Vancian]
    Daring Outlaw [Jiriku, Rogue, Swashbuckler]
    Healer, Retooled [T.G. Oskar, Healer -- Divine, Vancian]
    Marshal, Retooled [T.G. Oskar, Marshal]
    Paladin, Retooled [T.G. Oskar, Paladin -- Divine, Vancian]
    Soulknife [Risada, Soulknife]

Tier 4
    Note that Tier 4 is not bad. Tier 4 is is, after all, "capable of doing one thing quite well, but often useless when encounters require other areas of expertise, or capable of doing many things to a reasonable degree of competance without truly shining." Many great classes are Tier 4.
    Bard, Invoker [RedWarlock, Bard]
    Fighter [Derjuin, Fighter]
    Fighter [Wayfare, Fighter]
    Hexblade [Semi-Official Fix]
    Knight Champion [Person_Man, Fighter, Knight, Paladin, Samurai]
    Monk [Amechra, Monk]
    Monk Lite [T.G. Oskar, Monk]
    Monk [UserShadow7989, Monk]
    Ninja, Retooled [T.G. Oskar, Ninja]
    Samurai [Ziegander, Samurai -- Psionic]
    Samurai, Retooled [T.G. Oskar, Samurai]
    Scoundrel [Circle of Life, Rogue, Swashbuckler]
    Shadowcaster [Semi-Official Fix]
    Warrior [Belial_the_Leveler, Fighter]

Tier 5
    If your class is here, consider reworking it. Unless Tier 5 was your aim.
    Samurai [Kazy, CW Samurai]

Tier 6
    Pity the common man, for he is powerless.

Variable Tier
    Assume that you always need special permission to play one of these classes if I am DMing for you. This is because depending on your choices within the class, these classes can vary from Tier 5 all the way up to Tier 2 or even 1.
    Healer [Quellian-dyrae, Healer]
    Spoiler
    Show
    While mostly fitting the low Tier 4 end like the normal Healer, it is still better at healing than its original. What makes it Variable however, is the Rejuvenation option of the Rites, which make it more equal to a Tier 2 if there is a Tier 2 in the party. Plus teleport shenanigans possibilities from level 10 onwards.

Trissociate [JeminiZero, All Fix]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This class highly depends on which Association you choose. Associations generally mimic already-existing official classes, so you can use the Tier of those classes to determine your Trissociate's Tier.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2013-10-17 at 07:22 AM.
    YouTube channel:

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Statistics
    Because I figured that it might be nice to collect the numbers on how many classes we got now and the amount of Tags! (Not up to date.)

Homebrew Tier Classes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Total Amount: 79

Tier 1: 2
    Tier 2: 11
    High Tier 3: 10
    Tier 3: 22
    Borderline: 7
    Tier 4: 20
    Tier 5: 5
    Tier 6: -
    Variable: 2

Horror: 8
    Modern: 1
    Oriental: 4
    Sci-Fi: 1
    Silly: 2
    Steampunk: 2

Book: 0
    Comic: 1
    Historical: 1
    Japan: 6
    Original: 13
    Television: 1
    Video Game: 19

Arcane: 21
    Binding: 2
    Divine: 13
    Incarnum: 4
    Infusions: 1
    Invoker: 4
    Martial Adept: 18
    Psionic: 3
    Shadow: 1
    Truenames: 1
    Unique: 30
    -Unique: 8
    Vancian: 22

Buffer: 15
    Crafter: 8
    Debuffer: 10
    Face: 41
    Healer: 13
    Magic: 53
    Melee: 59
    Moneymaker: 1
    Ranged: 18
    Sage: 17
    Scout: 24
    Tank: 10
    Trapmonkey: 5

Big Read: 0
    Expanded: 14
    Fix: 4
    Incomplete: 4
    Roleplay: 1

Homebrew Fix Classes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Total Amount: 35

Special Features
    Venture into the Belly of the Beast: Tiering Dandwiki. [link 1; link 2]
    Courtcase Oskar vs Bark: The Tiering of the Retooler. [link 1; link 2; link 3]
    The Melancholy of Tsundere Spirits: The Tiering of Gareth. [link 1; link 2]
    X Marks The Magic: The Tiering of Waylander. [link]
    Fighter Fridays: The Tiering of Fighter Fixes. [link 1; link 2; --break--]
    Mysterious Mondays: The Descent of Tiering Shadows [link 1]

Versions of this Thread
    ENWorld
    Giant in the Playground
    Minmaxboards

Credits and Thanks
    Savannah for the "You've Been Tiered!" graphic.
    Sirpercival's Homebrew Martial Discipline Compendium and its contributors.
    Many Playgrounders for help with compiling the Vestiges and Binder material, including Zaydos and Avalon®, but especially Vauron.
    Temotei for helping keep track of SO many things and being the bro-est of Homebros.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2013-12-06 at 05:25 AM.
    YouTube channel:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

*waves hand vaguely at signature*

Feel free to review anything in there. I feel that most of it falls into a tier 3 category, but opinions vary.
    My forum avatars appear to have decomposed in my absence. C'est la vie.
    Homebrewer's Signature
    If you use any of my homebrew, or even if you just have a strong opinion on it, please let me know. Feedback is always useful.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jarian View Post
    *waves hand vaguely at signature*

Feel free to review anything in there. I feel that most of it falls into a tier 3 category, but opinions vary.
    As above, so below. All my stuff's free for review/inclusion. I tried to keep my bloodlines tier-3ish. Arcane Engineer is almost certainly Tier 1. Scattered PrCs are scattered.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Tier me.

If I do more base classes than I already have, feel free to tier 'em, too.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Everything I have is always open for review. I'm currently editing the sentinel, so you might want to wait on that if you do get to it before I finish.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2012-06-06 at 09:03 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Alas, I only have one homebrew to my name.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Feel Free to tier my one-and-only base class (in my sig), and any other stuff I happen to come up with in the future.
    Custom Melayl avatar by my cousin, ~thejason10, used with his permission. See his work at his Deviant Art page.
    My works:
    Need help?
    Spoiler
    Show
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA)
    1-800-273-TALK (8255), 24/7
    www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
    In Australia: Lifeline, 13 11 14, 24/7
    Reach Out Australia
    Beyond Blue, 1300 22 4636
    The Samaritans (UK too) UK: 08457 90 90 90, ROI: 1850 60 90 90

12. - Top - End - #12

Post Re: Morph Bark's Homebrew Tier Compendium

But it's one of the best...

Anyways, feel free to tier any of mine.
    Extended Signature here.

Darth Vader avatar by Kymme

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

13. - Top - End - #13
    Colossus in the Playground

What's that, another place to selfishly promote my Wizard? Why, I never!
    Resident Vancian Apologist

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mine as well. :)
    My Extended Homebrewer's Signature

Gunslinger avatar and banner by Flumphy.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Auron avatar by C-Lam

15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground

I'd be happy to let you look over my work. Please let me know what you think. I put a lot of effort into creativity and flavor over power, so I would appreciate the feedback.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    I'd be happy to let you look over my work. Please let me know what you think. I put a lot of effort into creativity and flavor over power, so I would appreciate the feedback.
    That sobbing sound you're hearing? That's Tempest Stormwind crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

17. - Top - End - #17

I'll go ahead and throw mine up to (see the sig). Just don't go into the corner (tis scary).

And Gareth please tell me that's an obscure reference (otherwise I'll feel dumb for looking it up).
    Last edited by eftexar; 2012-06-06 at 09:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by eftexar View Post
    I'll go ahead and throw mine up to. Just don't go into the corner (tis scary).

And Gareth please tell me that's an obscure reference (otherwise I'll feel dumb for looking it up).
    Tempest Stormwind codified the now-famous Stormwind Fallacy, the thrust of his point being that optimization and quality roleplaying and writing are not mutually exclusive. This is as true in homebrew as it is in playing, so the idea of 'emphasizing flavor over power' is one I'm not particularly happy about.

Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

All my stuff is fair game for you to review... if it is done, at least.

Just peruse the forums with the nice search function (haven't gotten around to making my sig all link filled, sorry).

And what is this about this Stormwing crap? Why, if we listened to what some grognard said on the internet, we wouldn't have such intensely flavorful but weak classes as the Lightning Warrior!

I mean, sometimes you just have to sacrifice power for flavor, right?

(Now look what you made me do; I feel absolutely filthy right now for saying that. Now to go scrub my skin until I am clean once more.)
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

20. - Top - End - #20

By the by, anything of mine that you can find is free and open.

My extended homebrew sig

21. - Top - End - #21

Feel free to go over what paltry homebrew I have to my name.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

I will join the agreement that you can tag my stuff... actually curious to see what you think.
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

23. - Top - End - #23

I hope you know what you've gotten yourself into.

We've got:
    Changeling Warshaper
    Guardian

Optional:
    Totem Fury
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    As above, so below. All my stuff's free for review/inclusion. I tried to keep my bloodlines tier-3ish. Arcane Engineer is almost certainly Tier 1. Scattered PrCs are scattered.
    Bloodlines and PrCs and the like won't be included here, most likely. While I may do something of the sort in the far future, this is merely a start and as such only for base classes. There are plenty of interesting ones among those that haven't been seen yet. If you know any base classes that don't get mentioned by others, any hidden gems, please link them here! That way, I can look them over, Tier them and promote them to others so they get a chance to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    If I do more base classes than I already have, feel free to tier 'em, too.
    Sure. If anyone makes a new base class, they are free to link it here. However, I will not Tier a class until it has been up for a while, to allow for some critique to form on it first. If there isn't much critique on it yet, linking it here might also make sure others see it and look it over.

Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Alas, I only have one homebrew to my name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melayl View Post
    Feel Free to tier my one-and-only base class (in my sig), and any other stuff I happen to come up with in the future.
    People who have only one class to their name may actually find that I look their work over sooner than those people who have a whole bunch. Gotta promote y'all, no?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    While I agree in some part with the Stormwind comment, I'll be sure to give your work a look over. I'm not a fan of yours, but you do have some interesting stuff and plenty of it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    By the by, anything of mine that you can find is free and open.
    This is partly why I told you to get an Extended Homebrew Signature, Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    I hope you know what you've gotten yourself into.
    Oh, I do. I definitely do... Don't worry though, if anyone gets feisty, I could always use more whipping practice, since grandma won't teach me no more.

EDIT: To all who see this, I would really appreciate it if any obscure Homebrew or Homebrew not listed in the Extended Homebrewer's Signature thread would be linked here, perhaps with a short little promotion of it and explanation, what you like about it and think what Tier it would be or what Tags it deserves. I will also go through the Base Class Challenge entries, so be sure to participate in them!
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2012-06-07 at 05:26 AM.
    YouTube channel:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    People who have only one class to their name may actually find that I look their work over sooner than those people who have a whole bunch. Gotta promote y'all, no?
    Thanks!

Oh, I do. I definitely do... Don't worry though, if anyone gets feisty, I could always use more whipping practice, since grandma won't teach me no more.
    I think its more of a question of scale. I reckon there hundreds or even thousands of homebrew base classes. Some of which are incredibly massive, coming with an entire subsystem of their own. Trying to tier all of them will take months to years.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

26. - Top - End - #26

RedWizardGuy

Newest Work: Pyromancer - My submission for Base Class Contest X
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by chess435 View Post
    May Chuck Norris smile upon you.

Finall got an Extended Homebrew Signature, courtesy of Cipherthe3vil

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Bloodlines and PrCs and the like won't be included here, most likely. While I may do something of the sort in the far future, this is merely a start and as such only for base classes.
    Fair enough. The Conceptualist and Arcane Engineer (Found near the end of Magitech) are the two Base Classes I've posted here.

Fourthland: A Game of Abstraction
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Welknair, you are like... some living avatar of win. Who's made of win. And wields win as if it were but a toy. Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virdish
    Welknair you are a god among men. Thank you for creating a playground for the completely insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark
    There have also been times where I was jealous of your ingenuity and skills.

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Vilpich View Post
    But it's one of the best...
    Really? Well, thank you.

If you've used it, I'd really love to hear about how it played. Probably via PM, though, so we don't derail Morph Bark's thread.
    Custom Melayl avatar by my cousin, ~thejason10, used with his permission. See his work at his Deviant Art page.
    My works:
    Need help?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reach Out Australia

29. - Top - End - #29

Post Re: Morph Bark's Homebrew Tier Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Melayl View Post
    Really? Well, thank you.

If you've used it, I'd really love to hear about how it played. Probably via PM, though, so we don't derail Morph Bark's thread.
    Ah...that awkward moment where I was talking about the trissociate........

I've never actually seen your beast warrior before. Taking a look now
    Extended Signature here.

Darth Vader avatar by Kymme

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

30. - Top - End - #30

oops... That's ok. I was somewhat surprised when I thought you were talking about my class, since I hadn't heard that it had been used much.
    My works:
    Need help?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reach Out Australia