New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Iff your having trouble with the floating sand, what about putting a chain a signs below it?, If each one is placed onto another sign, you can break all of them using only a central one
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Iff your having trouble with the floating sand, what about putting a chain a signs below it?, If each one is placed onto another sign, you can break all of them using only a central one
    I don't understand what you mean by that? You'll have to show me some time. I can be on today, but not very late because I will have to leave for Tae Kwon Do in 4 hours.
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ettin in the Playground

My minecraft client is still 1.4, so I'll just post some screenshots., should have them up in a few minutes
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAngel View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by that? You'll have to show me some time. I can be on today, but not very late because I will have to leave for Tae Kwon Do in 4 hours.
    Put a block of sand on top of an extended piston. Then, put a sign on top of that block of sand. Then start placing more signs on the sides of the original sign, and more signs on those signs, until you've got signs under everywhere you want the sand to be. Finally, place sand on top of those seemingly floating signs to make the wall.

Now, when you retract the piston, the first sand block will fall, the center sign will break, and this will cause all of the other signs to also break, causing the whole sand wall to come crashing down.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    Put a block of sand on top of an extended piston. Then, put a sign on top of that block of sand. Then start placing more signs on the sides of the original sign, and more signs on those signs, until you've got signs under everywhere you want the sand to be. Finally, place sand on top of those seemingly floating signs to make the wall.

Now, when you retract the piston, the first sand block will fall, the center sign will break, and this will cause all of the other signs to also break, causing the whole sand wall to come crashing down.
    Thank you, I'm busier then I expected to be, so I wasn't able to post the screenshots.
    By placing the sand on signs you don't need to worry about the sand falling from a block update
    Meow(Steam page)

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Barbarian in the Playground

Meanwhile in Minecraftia:
    Phhase: Gj
    Heav: YES!
    Phhase: XD
    Heav: 69
    *this quote is very, very out of context

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Meanwhile in Minecraftia:

*this quote is very, very out of context
    you bastartd xD Hahaha, you took the most awkward possible context out, if you weren't there when we were going through the numbers. Thank you again so much for your help though. You managed to help finish the two digit count down timer, and make a 60 second clock. I have a safety added to the clock, so that a lever has to be down for pushing the button to start the clock. I've tested the sand fall with Ogre, and it works perfectly well. The only thing I need to wire up, is having it so that when the timer hits 00, that the clock stops. I'm sure I can figure out a way. And I have to move the circuitry so that it's not visible. *EDIT* ... as much :/ It's impossible to have the circuity completely hidden in the case of the wire going over the sand wall to start the timer and raise the pistons at the corners. */EDIT*
    Last edited by HeavensAngel; 2012-11-06 at 08:39 AM.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

8. - Top - End - #1418

I still say you should be able to send wires underneath the walls, using piston repeaters and a bit of cleverness. And stopping the timer is done with the AND of the 0 triggers.With the way you have it set up, I suggest moving the off piston to the other side of the timer. ps. sync the displays. If you really want the clock on one side, use instant pistons to minimize the crossmap delay so the clockside tape can have an equal small delay and stop the clock in time.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright everyone. The Walls is Completed! I have now the two clocks synched, I had the safety buttons for the clocks, and everything ready, so that we could have a match right now if we wanted. Yet that won't be fun really because everyone who is part of the server is 1.4 basically. SO I may wait until 1.4, or I'll run a test with some people, having them play the game itself, on the map, and the reset everything. I will most likely also, find a new chunk of land, and see how replacing the two types goes, so that it's not always the same type of map, so memorizing it can't do you too much good. Just need to make the spawn room with the portal in it, the teleporters in the room, and link them up. Then we're entirely ready for anyone who would want to come on and get a look at the whole thing from afar or try it out with other people.

P.S. Try to get your friends to join the server. We can always use more active players on the server. The more the better, because our reputation grows.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Dwarf in the Playground

So Adding on to the last post I had made, the 2v2v2v2 The Walls Survival PVP is completed, fully functioning now. I've also added a 1v1/2v2/3v3 option arena, two teams, rather than 4, but teams can be of 1, 2, or 3 players. The arena widths' and lengths' are the same, but the 2 team arena is not as deep. Aggressive monsters ARE ON, except for creepers, and endermen. Peaceful mobs are on as well, but for some reason they aren't spawning on the arenas, but on the ground beneath.

There are rules for The Walls Survival PVP events. The one rule that I will say which is not on the signs by the teleporters is: NO RUNECRAFTING, none what so ever. I don't want players using runecrafting, because they can mess with the dividing wall or get around it, which I don't want. I want it to be a match based on skill, and I want it to be fair and fun for everyone participating. If you want to look at the other rules, the portal to the signs that have the Rules & Terms on it, is at spawn, the 4th portal on your right (after the Pyramid Event portal).

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi, I just got Minecraft and I'm loving it. My Minecraft username is Iron_Victory. My name has been added to the whitelist sheet, hopefully I didn't screw that up.
    Avatar by the fabulous Kid Kris.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

Meanwhile, in my singleplayer Tekkit world, a combination of down-to-7fps-lag-when-looking-east-at-times and poor machinery placement has led me to decide to relocate from near-volcano desert to a jungle Sekrit Bass.

Spoiler
    Show

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ettin in the Playground

Just watched the yogcast playthrough of herobrine's mansion(an amazing, and un modded, adventure map, using the 1.4 mechanics), can't wait to see what future adventure maps will do with the 1.4 stuff
    Meow(Steam page)

14. - Top - End - #1424

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Victory View Post
    Hi, I just got Minecraft and I'm loving it. My Minecraft username is Iron_Victory. My name has been added to the whitelist sheet, hopefully I didn't screw that up.
    Added .

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Added .
    Glad to hear it! On another note, me and my buddies are looking into renting a Minecraft server capable of handling 8 players. Does anyone know the best place to procure a server?

Edit: I'm getting an "Outdated Server!" message whenever I try to connect to "scuzzball.serveftp.com".
    Last edited by Iron Victory; 2012-11-10 at 12:31 AM.
    Avatar by the fabulous Kid Kris.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Bugbear in the Playground

Glad to hear it! On another note, me and my buddies are looking into renting a Minecraft server capable of handling 8 players. Does anyone know the best place to procure a server?

Edit: I'm getting an "Outdated Server!" message whenever I try to connect to "scuzzball.serveftp.com".
    Don't know about renting a server, but the outdated server message is because the server is indeed outdated, and running 1.3.2. There's a link in the first post abut going to an earlier version of minecraft.

17. - Top - End - #1427

We're currently running 1.3.2, because the first CraftBukkit build after an update is inevitably broken. Another has come out by now, so I do intend to upgrade over this weekend.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-11-10 at 01:00 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ettin in the Playground

Another has come out by now, so I do intend to upgrade over this weekend.
    Nice, it's been a very long time since I last played smp, and a bunch of fun new things have been added in 1.4.
    How should we handle withers?
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-10 at 01:05 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Troll in the Playground

How should we handle withers?
    My -questionable- plan involving asking for a bedrock tomb was vetoed, so that's out.

I suggest finding a giant mountain, getting to a deep part of it, and making a small arena for the murdering of withers.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground

I more meant; will they be allowed at all?
    They would be useful for making craters, but I'm worried about them going haywire, and drifting into other people's things(such as rptown, or Crov's tree, or the shop in the desert)
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-11-10 at 01:48 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

I more meant; will they be allowed at all?
    ...Why wouldn't they? Creepers are.
    Extended Signature.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

Aye, but creepers can't player spawned without farming the egg rune.
    Also even just their charge up is a pretty big explosion(and I'm worried about people getting angry at me for setting off withers)
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #1433

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Because withers are an order of magnitude more destructive and don't go away until killed.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    One creeper makes one hole. One Wither will, left unchecked, level entire landscapes and cities.

Actually... that brings to mind a new form of griefing... spawning a Wither at a typical Spawn Town. Yeesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    One creeper makes one hole. One Wither will, left unchecked, level entire landscapes and cities.

Actually... that brings to mind a new form of griefing... spawning a Wither at a typical Spawn Town. Yeesh.
    A bat and a wither are enough to destroy a world.
    Despite everything, its still me.

26. - Top - End - #1436

Withers will be prohibited from spawning in non-nether worlds.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1437

Can you make a a village(for the purpose of an iron golem farm) in the nether?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

28. - Top - End - #1438

Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    Can you make a a village(for the purpose of an iron golem farm) in the nether?
    I doubt it, not with the layer of bedrock over the top of the nether.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    I doubt it, not with the layer of bedrock over the top of the nether.
    I've actually done it before actually, you would need an admin or somebody to cut a few layers of bedrock off of the top of the nether so there is only one layer left (preventing things and people getting out and etc) but if after that you build houses just below it with little or no overhang infront of your doors, then breeding villagers in the nether is entirely possible.

And with the talk of 1.4 update, when the server joins me on 1.4 (i updated to play in my singleplayer, sorry!) we should totally have a get together where the lot of us take down a wither boss. either in the nether or some far-off corner of some other world that nobody will likely visit anyways.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-11-11 at 12:03 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I've actually done it before actually, you would need an admin or somebody to cut a few layers of bedrock off of the top of the nether so there is only one layer left (preventing things and people getting out and etc) but if after that you build houses just below it with little or no overhang infront of your doors, then breeding villagers in the nether is entirely possible.
    On-server, you don't even need that. Hi there, Topsy Turvy rune.
    Extended Signature.