New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Keychain of Creation IV: The Lore Thing

Most good swords tend to be shiny as well for some strange reason.

Also, it sort of defeats the point to stumble over yourself explaining it in the same breath.

Also, also, Nova was my favorite part when I first started reading.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-10-11 at 05:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Also, also, Nova was my favorite part when I first started reading.
    She's still mine. Alchemicals and mad science forever .

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, confusing myself is easy...
    And while I'm with the complimenting things...
    A possibility I considered in Exalted, vis-a-vis the psychological effects of the titular state of being, is that you'd gradually get more physical while you talk. Normal people when they get excited will start poking and pulling on each other's arms and such, but Exalted are much more resilient to pain and discomfort so neither they nor you would notice you're doing it. Without being called out on it you'd get into the habit of doing it more and more strongly, until eventually one day you realise that at some point during your political debate you started a kung fu duel.
    That just... ♥♥♥♥♥
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Yes, confusing myself is easy...
    And while I'm with the complimenting things...

That just... ♥♥♥♥♥
    Have I ever mentioned how much I love Exalted?

I'm currently making a character for a game that has the spell Misho uses to make the giant mecha against Nova. She also has Solar Hero Style.

For the uninitiated: Giant Mecha Martial Arts. I LOVE Exalted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

I give it a week at most before I get sick of reading up and try to get into an Exalted PbP.
    (finished archive)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh.

There's some games recruiting at the moment, I think one of them's meant for beginners.

Of course, the only thing more awesome than Kung Fu political debates is Kung Fu GIANT MECHA political debates. "MY POLICY WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!"

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Heh.

There's some games recruiting at the moment, I think one of them's meant for beginners.
    Need to finish at LEAST the core book first. XD

Of course, the only thing more awesome than Kung Fu political debates is Kung Fu GIANT MECHA political debates. "MY POLICY WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!"
    Can I sig that?

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

"MINE IS THE DELIBERATIVE VOTE THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!"

Followed by a quote from another series...

"THIS VOTE OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER! ITS BURNING GRIP TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU!"
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

"This Political Agenda Has Been Handed Down My Exaltation For generations!"
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2010-10-11 at 06:23 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

Feel free to, Lixie.

"This Political Agenda Has Been Handed Down My Exaltation For generations!"
    As long as I can sig this.

...you know, that probably would have happened at SOME point in the First Age.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-10-11 at 06:24 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks. XD
    And sure! But you might want to underline or caps Generations, cause quotes are always italic.
    My dad likes to play games where you start really weak, where magic is dangerous, magical equipment is likely to kill you, and everything is stronger than you. Period.
    I disagree.

Exalted was MADE for me. XD
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2010-10-11 at 06:26 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Banned

Thanks. XD
    And sure! But you might want to underline or caps Generations, cause quotes are always italic.
    My dad likes to play games where you start really weak, where magic is dangerous, magical equipment is likely to kill you, and everything is stronger than you. Period.
    I disagree.

1. Tell him to play a mortal.
    2. ROFL

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

He'd hate the setting completely. XD

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks. XD
    I disagree.

See, the thing is, that describes the Exalted setting perfectly.

If you're a mortal, Creation is abso-effing-lutely horrifying. Fae, Shadowlands, Exalted of every stripe, Behemoths, mutants, Yozi cults, malfunctioning First Age tech, beastmen, demons, darkfolk, and other mortals are all conspiring to rip your guts out of your eyesockets, and you don't have a perfect defense. Hell, you don't even have an Essence pool. Mortals in Exalted are utterly borked, and a game where you play as one, even a heroic mortal, will have a lethality on a par with Dark Heresy.

The only thing that makes Creation seem less dreadfully awful as a place is that, rather than playing as a mortal, you are playing as a being that can bitch-slap gods. Approach Creation from a new perspective, and find the low fantasy horror lurking beneath the surface.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground

I give it a week at most before I get sick of reading up and try to get into an Exalted PbP.
    (finished archive)
    Good luck with that. Exalted games in this board seem to have a tendency to implode real quick - I've been trying to get some decent Exalted first hand experience so I might ST in the future, but it's proving rather hard to find a game that lasts more than five pages without the ST being apparently eaten by a Grue...

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    Good luck with that. Exalted games in this board seem to have a tendency to implode real quick - I've been trying to get some decent Exalted first hand experience so I might ST in the future, but it's proving rather hard to find a game that lasts more than five pages without the ST being apparently eaten by a Grue...
    The game I am currently Sting has been going on for Several months without anyone disappearing. I have similar hopes for the game I am currently recruiting for and players new too the game are more then welcome though the game is a little higher on the starting power level then normal.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    The game I am currently Sting has been going on for Several months without anyone disappearing. I have similar hopes for the game I am currently recruiting for and players new too the game are more then welcome though the game is a little higher on the starting power level then normal.
    *pokes Sanguine thoughtfully*

Uh. Seems real. That's odd. You sure you're not going to dissappear the second I look elsewhere?

Sorry, I'm just a tad bitter . You know the Black Hour campaign we're both in? That's the sixth Exalted game I've joined in this site - none of the five before have even broken through the ten page mark, with three of them not even getting past the second page before either the ST or half the players went *bamf*. Given it takes me days to make a character for Exalted, it ends up being a bit aggravating .

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

Given it takes me days to make a character for Exalted, it ends up being a bit aggravating .
    You need to increase your system mastery. It rarely takes me more than ten minutes to make a character, sans backstory but not sans concept. If it takes you days, you're not devoted enough.

((Feel free to ignore me, I'm just being silly.))
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

*pokes Sanguine thoughtfully*

Uh. Seems real. That's odd. You sure you're not going to dissappear the second I look elsewhere?

Sorry, I'm just a tad bitter . You know the Black Hour campaign we're both in? That's the sixth Exalted game I've joined in this site - none of the five before have even broken through the ten page mark, with three of them not even getting past the second page before either the ST or half the players went *bamf*. Given it takes me days to make a character for Exalted, it ends up being a bit aggravating .

I am quite certain I won't disappear. I also fully understand your bitterness while I haven't suffered as many times as you have I've had that happen to me before*. I was just pointing out that games can last.

*Interestingly one of those times was IRL. The game crapped out right after we took an entire session to make our characters. I haven't seen any of the people from the group since.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

Haha. I looked at that game and DIED from non-understanding. XD

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, guess who is reading the Exalted rulebook?
    You?

Also, if you decide to make some thread in the recruitment forum about Exalted, warn me first, because 1. you're fun and 2. I want to play it even though I'm rubbish at character creation.

To be marginally on-topic... Placeholderyay? I am on pins and needles because I want to learn more about Xellos-Dragonblooded and I can't wait for the strip and JUKAAAAAAAASHI
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    You need to increase your system mastery. It rarely takes me more than ten minutes to make a character, sans backstory but not sans concept. If it takes you days, you're not devoted enough.

((Feel free to ignore me, I'm just being silly.))
    Oh, indeed, I don't have anywhere near system mastery. I did say, I'm a newbie, after all - still get confused with the geographical map of creation.

But the days thing... mostly it's a factor of several things. The system being massively counterintuitive to me in every way, the characters being almost completely locked in what they can do after chargen which makes me nervous and want to make sure I have enough basics covered, the fact that you need to fill your sheet with one eye on the book and another on the (rather unwieldy) erratas, my own not knowing in which page everything is (to which the books' layout doesn't exactly help, mind)... it all contributes.

I can make an M&M character in five minutes after I have a clear concept - five seconds to think the stats up, a couple minutes to write the sheet, and a couple more to correct the math errors and move the final points around. Exalted requires me a couple hours for the basic draft, then a lot more hours of swimming (drowning, rather ) through sourcebooks and errata to actually complete it, and then a day or so of agonizing and shifting minor points around as the mood strikes until I give up and go "whatever, Alea Jacta Est, I guess" .

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine View Post
    I am quite certain I won't disappear. I also fully understand your bitterness while I haven't suffered as many times as you have I've had that happen to me before*. I was just pointing out that games can last.

*Interestingly one of those times was IRL. The game crapped out right after we took an entire session to make our characters. I haven't seen any of the people from the group since.
    Heh, yeah, I imagine some do last. I was just warning Lix, that the chance that she ends up being the last person in the game's thread going "um, guys...? Anyone...?" while listening to crickets and whooshing winds... well, it's there, is all I'm saying .
    Last edited by Drascin; 2010-10-11 at 11:09 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

How did you guess?! XD
    Yeah, re-reading today, I realized that KoC is EASILY one of my very favourite comics...

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

Haha. I looked at that game and DIED from non-understanding. XD
    I'd run a newbie-friendly game, but no one would play in it.
    I use black for sarcasm.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

I would. I have at least one friend who would. Just need someone to provide expertise and we're set. XD

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

I would. I have at least one friend who would. Just need someone to provide expertise and we're set. XD
    Oh, but you don't know that I'm infamous for having a lot of PbP games that have died.
    I use black for sarcasm.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

Oh. XD Shame.
    I once wrote a story featuring a three tailed demon squirrel.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

Oh. XD Shame.
    To be fair, about 90% of them died because the players failed to communicate their desires properly, so there was a disconnect between what I expected and provided and what they did.

I haven't quite gotten over the stigma, though.
    I use black for sarcasm.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I'd run a newbie-friendly game, but no one would play in it.
    I would play in it too. Since I haven't heard of any reputation for killing PbP games.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ettin in the Playground

So, back on topic. Anybody else worried that today's comic comment thing is ironic on the same scale as QC 499?