New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 18: Peek-a-boo style PAWNCH!

Las Noches is actually in a bit of a temporal fancy schmancy. There was a somewhat heavy timeskip following Von Geister's remodulation of the city.

But we can attribute that to dimensional travel temporal shenanigans.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    By the end of 2011 in real time, BleachITP Reborn will have AT LEAST progressed to the point that 1 In-Game MONTH has passed.
    How do you intend on making that happen? There are only four days left in the year!

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Sounds like a reasonable ballpark to me.

And hey, the kids will likely have killed some time with training already.

Speaking of which, I have a suggestion. Assuming the kids don't get attacked during training, the training itself could take place in its own thread. That way the Samsara arc and the training could happen concurrently, since the kids would be fine post-training and thus it only affects their fights much later (I imagine much of the arc will be spent in conversation. Specially since we have like a dozen kids.)
    I strongly support this proposal. Training "arc" thread can meander all it likes, while we move main plot forward. It lets the MW thread skip ahead a bit, and lets us handwave away the kids actually having improved their skills.

That said, no offense Kayne650, but you will have to post more frequently.

That's some of our trouble; some posters are only making posts at a rate of ~1/week. Which makes for a lot fewer posts, and a much slower pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    By the way, this is another thing I'd like to address. Kasanip noted that the Mortal World side is significantly more sluggish, and I agree. This may be in part due to the fact that the teenager cast is REALLY FRICKIN' LARGE. I propose that, as happened in the kidnapping arc, the kids be split into groups. Preferrably more than two.
    This could be accomplished along a few different lines, one of them being the person they train with.

Another option is to have 2-4 students work together, and the groups be arranged to intentionally "cover weaknesses" or the like. So someone ranged grouped with someone with close combat skills, possibly grouped with someone with "support" abilities or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Las Noches is actually in a bit of a temporal fancy schmancy. There was a somewhat heavy timeskip following Von Geister's remodulation of the city.

But we can attribute that to dimensional travel temporal shenanigans.
    Indeed. I'm frankly less concerned with sticking to a strict timeline in Hueco Mundo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drammor View Post
    How do you intend on making that happen? There are only four days left in the year!
    ...huh?

It's only October 27. We have the rest of this month, all of November, and all of December before we're in 2012. That's something like...65 and change days.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ettin in the Playground

One advantage of Las Noches is that days are irrelevant there. The sun is always up, and the entire weather is artificially controlled. So each individual pretty much moves at his own pace.

Edit: One Neo-pagan new year is Samhain, celebrated on the 1st of november, apparently. >_>

So yeah, to some people, new year is in four days. Lets specify the gregorian new year as our goal here.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-10-27 at 10:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

This all sounds good to me. I have also noticed the slow pacing and it doesn't have to be this slow. As for the mortal world your idea works pretty well Kuroi. It will be just like what we did with Jiro and Kazuma's battle. As for the Mortal world I'm willing to work with whatever you guys feels best. After all Koga and Chase are the new guys. Not sure if they would have enough time to get in with the group to help at all. Not unless another hollow attack happens and the kids just got through with one.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    One advantage of Las Noches is that days are irrelevant there. The sun is always up, and the entire weather is artificially controlled. So each individual pretty much moves at his own pace.

Edit: One Neo-pagan new year is Samhain, celebrated on the 1st of november, apparently. >_>

So yeah, to some people, new year is in four days. Lets specify the gregorian new year as our goal here.
    Darn these new fangdangled calendars. Can't anything be simple to you whippersnappers? *old man ranting*

Also, I'm still at a loss for where I could put Shin...

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drammor View Post
    Darn these new fangdangled calendars. Can't anything be simple to you whippersnappers? *old man ranting*

Also, I'm still at a loss for where I could put Shin...
    ...The Gregorian calendar is over 5 centuries old.

I mean, okay, I'll grant there may be other calendars out there, but I'd think the Gregorian is a standard for...everyone, basically. Or at least basic knowledge of it is.

Anyways, as for Shin...refresh me on who he is, what he does, etc?

@AnimeKid: Well, that's one reason I'd like to keep the meeting moving, so we can at least try to introduce them and any other new MW kids who want to get involved.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anyways, as for Shin...refresh me on who he is, what he does, etc?
    Shin is the dedicated young (and only) man in my signature. He's the custodian for the Hell Butterfly Atriums numbers 1 through 4. He used to be a growing prodigy at 5th seat, and then inexplicably lost most of his shinigami powers during a mission, whereupon he was demoted to his current position. He's a neat and orderly man who loves exercise, locksport and drinking (usually from his zanpakuto, a sake bottle). He works hard every day to ensure that he can at least keep his seating, for fear that he could become useless enough to be unseated entirely.

Is that... what you wanted to know?

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

There are some natural groups that have already formed. Specifically, Ken and Kina (and Sayaka); Kaito, Nakahiro, and Izumi; Sora and Valeria. There's definitely a better way to divide. Kina and Sora, for example, worked well together because Sora has power and Kina could provide mobility. But we're talking teenagers here. It's highly unlikely that they'll be completely convinced to group with people they're not used to unless it's somehow forced.

I'll post in the next minute (since I can't post a minute after this post is posted).
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ettin in the Playground

Since we're talking about being lax with the timeline, I again restate my suggestion. Play out highlights of any training concurrently with moving the plot forth. You don't need a different thread, you can do it even in the same posts; flashbacks should be a familiar device to everyone.

I'm partial to timeskipping several weeks, directly to the start of the Samsara arc and the kids' time on the training camp (as I recall being proposed).

In the meantime, I'd wish for horngeek and riccaru to post a bit more actively in Ep. 11.

Also, if the Mortal World is going to skip ahead, there's no reason to hold back the Kido Corps plot anymore. I'd rather just cut the chase and get to hunting down the fake Takeshi.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

Unless someone who is also a Quincy approaches Kina about teaching her better, I'm just gonna assume she "trains" a bit.

By the way, does the Samsara have anyone who has intelligence-gathering skills?
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-10-27 at 02:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Since we're talking about being lax with the timeline, I again restate my suggestion. Play out highlights of any training concurrently with moving the plot forth. You don't need a different thread, you can do it even in the same posts; flashbacks should be a familiar device to everyone.

I'm partial to timeskipping several weeks, directly to the start of the Samsara arc and the kids' time on the training camp (as I recall being proposed).

In the meantime, I'd wish for horngeek and riccaru to post a bit more actively in Ep. 11.

Also, if the Mortal World is going to skip ahead, there's no reason to hold back the Kido Corps plot anymore. I'd rather just cut the chase and get to hunting down the fake Takeshi.
    Hmmm, that sounds okay to me Frozen_Feet. I'm pretty sure no one would abuse it and it would help several things along. Also what are the Episode threads for because all I know is that they are seperate from the main threads, at least I think so?

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ettin in the Playground

Episode threads are for solving sideplots that would be too distracting in the main threads - stuff that only affects few select characters, yet is likely to go on for long. So such plots are separated from the main treads to avoid cluttering them. Prime examples would be Kazuma's Gaiden, and Episode 2 (Hannibal's past). The former only involved one pre-established character, going out to an area where no other characters would reasonably be. The latter was basically one, giant flashback.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Pixie in the Playground

hey all,
    Im still struggling on the RL front with my mother...but i have been feeling like i have some time to start posting more often. So I am hoping to get going a bit more with whatever i am needed for.

Before i continue...thank you for all your kind words when i originally posted about my mother...

Also, after discussing in PM with Kasanip about the fate of her 4th Seat in the 9th Division, Kaki, character, she decided that i could play out the rest of her role in the Episode 10 thread by myself. Which i will get to work on (probably trying to chunk that Episode over the course of a several posts). One possible fate of her character, which Kasanip was ok with, was Kaki's death. Whether that is in Episode 10 (which would cause a little retcon in my posts post day 20), or afterwards i (and Kasanip) believe i can make it work in a respectful and meaningful way.

My initial idea was to have her die in the Episode 10, but now i wonder if i may have her pass away in the Kido Corps plot. A death of a higher level Shinigami, during the course of the capture/battle might add a nice touch to the seriousness of the events (i could NPC her). It would also be very important to my character Hirokatsu's development...which i think could be interesting to RP.

Would her death in that add anything? Does anyone need a death to help their plots? I have some ideas of how i would like to treat her death, so not everything goes...but let me know soon.

My goals for posting soon are:
    - a post in SS of Hirokatsu with his backup force for the Kido Corps events showing up at the training fields.
    - first long post by Hirokatsu in the Episode 10 thread moving the episode on and NPCing Kaki
    - a simple post by Taro... (maybe the old Vice Captain could come and chat with him even)
    - a post by Yaago coming across Genoveva's current actions in the Hueco Mundo deserts
    - maybe a post by Eiji meeting up or seeing the 1st Div. 5th seat
    - lastly..i would like to get a post of my photographer human Izanagi...if anyone is interested...let me know

that's a lot to post...and i dont have a ton of free time...but i am going to do my best to get moving on all of it..

if you need or want anything specific from me...just let me know in a PM

PS...i am all for finishing up a month by the end of the year...

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Orc in the Playground

Personally, I would rather the character not die at all. But it's not my character so it's not my decision.

(Yes, I actually LIKE that No One Dies In Bleach.)

I suggested the episodes because the one-post training montage is kind of silly for me. I like playing it out a bit more - refer to Pico's training by Rouga.

But that may be just me...
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spar with Aya perhaps? An ex-VC vs an upcoming VC might be able to share perspectives and insights.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Pixie in the Playground

maybe Myojin shows back up at 10th (if healthy) where Aya and Taro are working... (re-)introductions :) followed by a spar...between Aya and Myojin...maybe originally it was going to be Taro and Aya...but Taro is swamped with clerical work...so Myojin steps in for him... Taro coudl carry all the paperwork out to the practice place and watch or give directions... maybe a a kind of "check" Taro woudl conduct to make sure Myojin is back and capable of field work.... basically goign through the 5 skills in the spar... Zanjutsu, kido, hoho, etc.....so in the guise of a scheduled spar for him and Aya...Taro uses the opportunity to not only get Myojin back in and comfortable with the changes...btu also a way to evaluate Myojin for Taiki..and the 10th...

CMot? Nick? thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Spar with Aya perhaps? An ex-VC vs an upcoming VC might be able to share perspectives and insights.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    maybe Myojin shows back up at 10th (if healthy) where Aya and Taro are working... (re-)introductions :) followed by a spar...between Aya and Myojin...maybe originally it was going to be Taro and Aya...but Taro is swamped with clerical work...so Myojin steps in for him... Taro coudl carry all the paperwork out to the practice place and watch or give directions... maybe a a kind of "check" Taro woudl conduct to make sure Myojin is back and capable of field work.... basically goign through the 5 skills in the spar... Zanjutsu, kido, hoho, etc.....so in the guise of a scheduled spar for him and Aya...Taro uses the opportunity to not only get Myojin back in and comfortable with the changes...btu also a way to evaluate Myojin for Taiki..and the 10th...

CMot? Nick? thoughts?
    Perfectly fine with me.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Orc in the Playground

On timeskip: I was actually going to suggest a 2-week timeskip with an episode for training and what have you. But I do think we should stick to an episode, and not split our actions between two periods of time.

Or at least I'd honestly prefer as much. Call me stubborn but I refuse to cave to time shenanigans.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, isn't Myojin being held in the hospital for some reason? Can he just leave? I was confused.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Myojin is back Hirokatsu, that's our cue. Would you do the honors?
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now, I'm certain that the Hell Butterfly Atriums weren't targeted during Kujo's assault, but is there a chance that some hollows had gotten into them, or was the attack too tightly controlled for that to happen?

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well, it's more that the attack was actually kind of isolated. There were perhaps 6 attackers spread across all of soul society. If 5th wasn't explicitly targeted, then 5th is perfectly fine. I would imagine those atriums are pretty heavily guarded, as well.

Draken: Do you just like pimping Las Noches in-character or something? Seriously, these poor kids with Hollow powers will need some sort of counter-balance to the rather biased view they're getting, even if it's biased in the other direction.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Orc in the Playground

Well, it's more that the attack was actually kind of isolated. There were perhaps 6 attackers spread across all of soul society. If 5th wasn't explicitly targeted, then 5th is perfectly fine. I would imagine those atriums are pretty heavily guarded, as well.

Draken: Do you just like pimping Las Noches in-character or something? Seriously, these poor kids with Hollow powers will need some sort of counter-balance to the rather biased view they're getting, even if it's biased in the other direction.
    I think the fact that Las Noches is inhabited by people who eat souls and are willing to attain power at any cost is sort of an offset.

But that may be just me.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Dwarf in the Playground

So difficult to find motivations... okay. Since the Atriums were fine and definitely not in need of a custodian at that moment, do you suppose that Shin might have been ordered to go help with the 4th division fire?

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Orc in the Playground

He could have always gone with "How can I just watch over the butterflies when there are companions to be rescued?! 4th must have its hands full by now!".

It seems a suitable motivation to me. Besides, they'd probably need someone to report the extension of the damage caused by the fire and direct efforts to contain it.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, technically, since everything in Soul Society and Hueco Mundo is spiritual matter, shinigami also eat souls (animal souls), and step on them, and live inside them, and all that jazz.

But yes, I like spreading the word.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, Shinigami don't eat animal souls. They send them back to be reincarnated and eat their spiritual remains.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Pixie in the Playground

ill post Sunday... thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Myojin is back Hirokatsu, that's our cue. Would you do the honors?

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ettin in the Playground

About Draken's Hollow propaganda: many of my characters would be all too eager to give a second opinion, but alas, they're not yet in the place to do so. A timeskip would fix the issue.

Horngeek and riccaru, waiting for your replies in Ep.11