New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I am a gooey puddle of squee right now. I will kidnap all Rainbow Lorikeets from Australia to kiss their fluffy bellies and feed them raspberries. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That sounds like an interesting story and I would like you to share.
    The fellow in question entered the room I was sitting, and I was momentarily overwhelmed by a feeling of warmth and a bright saffron-yellow light. This was very shortly after he had finished his pilgrimage, too. After that first flash I didn't see it again, but he was a lovely sweet man with kind eyes.

He did not give it to me himself -- another monk gave it to him, who gave it to me. The shawl/blanket is very soft but quite plain and kind of ugly, in contrast to the other luxurious & gaudy textiles I collect. But it is more special than they.

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Nobile? Since when?
    Your global peregrinations, and the privileged family that permits them; your refined pastimes; your retinue of artisanal friends; your aristocratic features: nobile, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Bah! I drink only distilled, de-ionized water. There are no molecules in it aside from hydrogen and oxygen. I don't even BREATHE on it. Well, that's what I would do if I was filthy rich, anyway. As is, I can barely afford tap water.
    Drinking distilled water is actually bad for you. The water sweeps up minerals from your body and takes them with it on the way out.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

My parents came home today after a week-long vacation in Florida, just the two of them, to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. After catching up with each other and going out to dinner, I started playing this "Alter-Ego" game I found where you play as someone right from birth and make decisions that affect their personality and life. Going through it made me think about my life, all my parents have done for me, and all the places they kept me from harm, and it just makes me cry with happiness that they're home and safe. I love them so much. Don't know where to find an emoticon indicating that you're crying but happy.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

^: This is the closest I could find after a cursory search.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Hey guys, Homecoming starts in 10 minutes, should I go?
    If you have to ask, and violence is unlikely at worst, then the answer is yes.

Even if you don't enjoy it, it is a life experience and can come in handy somehow if you play it right.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-20 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Homecoming and school dances lack fun without A. The best group ever to happen ever or B. You iz futbal

However, they are fun. If'n you has fwends. Or is a futbal.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-10-20 at 11:27 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

5. - Top - End - #125

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Homecoming and school dances lack fun without A. The best group ever to happen ever or B. You iz futbal
    Ah, but learning to make your own fun, or, failing that, mischief, is all part of the process.

Though, yes, it is easier with a group of like-minded confederates. Though malcontents eager to be lead are not always so hard to find for the persuasive. Or that hard to persuade if one comes up with a good plan.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    My parents came home today after a week-long vacation in Florida, just the two of them, to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. After catching up with each other and going out to dinner, I started playing this "Alter-Ego" game I found where you play as someone right from birth and make decisions that affect their personality and life. Going through it made me think about my life, all my parents have done for me, and all the places they kept me from harm, and it just makes me cry with happiness that they're home and safe. I love them so much. Don't know where to find an emoticon indicating that you're crying but happy.
    *hugs* I'm happy that you can appreciate your family in this way.

It took me a while to figure out how this works grammatically. At first I thought the periods after the letters denoted the end of sentences, trying to figure out what you meant by "A", going cross-eyed at the second part, and laughing at the random insult at the end.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-10-20 at 11:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, but learning to make your own fun, or, failing that, mischief, is all part of the process.

Though, yes, it is easier with a group of like-minded confederates. Though malcontents eager to be lead are not always so hard to find for the persuasive. Or that hard to persuade if one comes up with a good plan.
    Well I certainly wouldn't want to be lead. I'm heavy and toxic enough as is!

But I've never actually been to a school dance. I can't dance and people are annoying, especially when they're doing inappropriate things with each other under the guise of "dance" to music best described as a sheet of tin falling off a cliff while the world's angriest man gets a root canal with no anesthesia. (I REALLY don't enjoy most modern music)
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

8. - Top - End - #128

NecromancerGuy

Well I certainly wouldn't want to be lead. I'm heavy and toxic enough as is!

But I've never actually been to a school dance. I can't dance and people are annoying, especially when they're doing inappropriate things with each other under the guise of "dance" to music best described as a sheet of tin falling off a cliff while the world's angriest man gets a root canal with no anesthesia. (I REALLY don't enjoy most modern music)
    Capital! With that much of a hands-off, not wanting to touch it with a ten foot pole attitude, they're positively ripe with [opportunity].

Though, really, you should do something about that toxicity, I hear you can find someone to help in your local city. Once I just got a bit of bleach on my tongue and it's only just now starting to grow those pieces back.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-10-20 at 11:19 PM.
    Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Capital! With that much of a hands-off, not wanting to touch it with a ten foot pole attitude, they're positively ripe with [opportunity].

Though, really, you should do something about that toxicity, I hear you can find someone to help in your local city. Once I just got a bit of bleach on my tongue and it's only just now starting to grow those pieces back.
    Oh, no bleach on my tongue, good sir; I simply store copious amounts of venom there. Reserved, of course, for those who are fool enough to wrong me.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

10. - Top - End - #130

Hey guys, Homecoming starts in 10 minutes, should I go?
    Maybe I don't know! If you don't go come online at the very least

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    The fellow in question entered the room I was sitting, and I was momentarily overwhelmed by a feeling of warmth and a bright saffron-yellow light. This was very shortly after he had finished his pilgrimage, too. After that first flash I didn't see it again, but he was a lovely sweet man with kind eyes.

He did not give it to me himself -- another monk gave it to him, who gave it to me. The shawl/blanket is very soft but quite plain and kind of ugly, in contrast to the other luxurious & gaudy textiles I collect. But it is more special than they.
    That sounds really awesome Knee. It's cool that you got to have such an expierance

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

It took me a while to figure out how this works grammatically. At first I thought the periods after the letters denoted the end of sentences, trying to figure out what you meant by "A", going cross-eyed at the second part, and laughing at the random insult at the end.
    Yeah, I don't know how the "reason A and reason B" thing works. Sorry. (Yeah, thats one of my top insults I use. It is futbal. )

Also, a Canadian Conteniental traversing monk sounds epic and deserving of a cool-ass musical and/or killer movie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

12. - Top - End - #132
    Firbolg in the Playground

Skipped Homecoming in favor of watching Doctor Who for the first time.

High-fives?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

HIGH FIVES FOR THE MOONCAT. *high fives, then low five AND in the middle away we go or however that rhyme went I cant remember*

Turnabout is a better dance anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

14. - Top - End - #134

High-fives?
    High fives! Woo!

15. - Top - End - #135

HIGH FIVES FOR THE MOONCAT. *high fives, then low five AND in the middle away we go or however that rhyme went I cant remember*

Turnabout is a better dance anyway.
    There's a rhyme? Anyway, the dance is over in 21 minutes and I didn't even know if anyone I knew would be there.

The heck's that?

High fives! Woo!
    Woooo.

ION: Due to roleplaying my DnD character drunk right now, I keep on accidentally typing my normal posts in drunk speak as well. This is proving to be slightly annoying.

IOON: My mom just walked in to see a paused image of Christopher Eccleston. She immediately said. "Oh look, a Brit.' Then she correctly guessed approximately what area. I can attest to her lack of knowledge on this beforehand.

I think my mom is magic.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136

There's a rhyme? Anyway, the dance is over in 21 minutes and I didn't even know if anyone I knew would be there.

The heck's that?

Woooo.

ION: Due to roleplaying my DnD character drunk right now, I keep on accidentally typing my normal posts in drunk speak as well. This is proving to be slightly annoying.

IOON: My mom just walked in to see a paused image of Christopher Eccleston. She immediately said. "Oh look, a Brit.' Then she correctly guessed approximately what area. I can attest to her lack of knowledge on this beforehand.

I think my mom is magic.
    Magic, ooor she just is good at hiding that she knows how to identify british people. Either or could work, honestly.

17. - Top - End - #137

Magic, ooor she just is good at hiding that she knows how to identify british people. Either or could work, honestly.
    What kind of magic power is that?

ION: My History teacher played us A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum because she didn't want to try and fail to make us study on Homecoming Week. I love that class.

But now I've got Comedy Tonight stuck in my head for a whole week. <grumbles>
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138

What kind of magic power is that?

ION: My History teacher played us A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum because she didn't want to try and fail to make us study on Homecoming Week. I love that class.

But now I've got Comedy Tonight stuck in my head for a whole week. <grumbles>
    A fairly useless but interesting magic power.

I'm unsure if that's good or not.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Wouldn't it be by either accent or sexiness?

ION: My Lords of Creation game is falling around my ears 'cause everyone is fighting and at least one person has quit already. <- That face barely contains my sadness and tears about this. I had such high hopes for it..

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

20. - Top - End - #140

A fairly useless but interesting magic power.

I'm unsure if that's good or not.
    It's good. Me loves the Sondheim.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Try not to confuse the butcherbird with the magpie. The latter will swoop down and bombdive you with its beak.

Australia, where even the birds will attack you.
    Hmm... I've never been attacked by one. In fact, they don't seem to be concerned when I walk near them.

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Elsewhere you list the things that attack you, in Haustralia you list those that don't.
    I do not want to work for the Department of Tourism. At least not without getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I've been led to believe that distilled water tastes weird.
    Merely because people aren't used to drinking it.

Anyway... On the topic of birds, I know magpies can be tamed by offering them food. My Great Aunt does that and they show up every afternoon.
    But I wouldn't put them in the cuddly category.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reingo View Post
    You think I'd use Haddocks? No! We shall duel with Herrings, at midnight, and it shall be a Lumberjacking contest!
    *ahem* Challenged gets first choice of weapon. Therefore, if Heliomance wants Haddocks, then Heliomance gets Haddocks.

They are, root to leaf, fantastically poisonous, aren’t they? I shall be careful with them, certaignly. But on the other hand they are so, so beautiful, and I have a perfect spot for them to unfurl their stalks of fingertip blooms.

Not only are shade gardens cooling and refreshing, but the garden plants that thrive in shade are usually very pretty and unusual. A thriving hosta with its graceful probisces of pale purple flowers; the bunched blue-green fronds of a bleeding heart, with its arched boughs of candy-like blossoms; dainty lacy ferns; others more exotic whose name I know not.

As to bleeding hearts, are we talking about the same plant? For some reason I thought it was a pretty exclusively cold-weather perennial which would not be able to grow in your kind of climate. This? --
    Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed. And they retain their poison even when dried. Let me see... Poisonous leaves, poisonous roots, poisonous pollen. Even the water in the vases that they are placed in becomes poisonous.

And I agree. There are so many beautiful and exotic plants that would wither away before direct sunlight. Down the side of the house we mainly have orchids, a few ferns placed on purpose, and several opportunistic ferns, including a tree fern under the back stairs.

And no, that's not what I meant by Bleeding Heart. I'm not sure of the exact variety, but it's a climbing vine...
    Let's see if I can find a picture...
    Spoiler
    Show

That's as close as I could find. Clerodendrum I think it is...

Elemental, you will hurt her feelings… you must let her preen you wherever she wishes, even be it the very edge of your eyelid
    But I like my eyes...

I am a gooey puddle of squee right now. I will kidnap all Rainbow Lorikeets from Australia to kiss their fluffy bellies and feed them raspberries. You have been warned.
    I don't know if they'd eat raspberries... And indeed, it may be too cold for them in Canada.
    As such, I can't allow you take them all, only some.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    ION: My Lords of Creation game is falling around my ears 'cause everyone is fighting and at least one person has quit already. <- That face barely contains my sadness and tears about this. I had such high hopes for it..
    Maybe if you had spelt discord correctly...
    Anyway... What happened to it?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Bah! I drink only distilled, de-ionized water. There are no molecules in it aside from hydrogen and oxygen. I don't even BREATHE on it. Well, that's what I would do if I was filthy rich, anyway. As is, I can barely afford tap water.
    In that state, I think breathing it is your only option. I mean, its drinkability is actually unfavourably compared to its flammability.

Ahh, the glory of intra-party conflict. Is it the players or just their characters who are fighting?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe if you had spelt discord correctly...
    Anyway... What happened to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Ahh, the glory of intra-party conflict. Is it the players or just their characters who are fighting?
    Everyone's just been fighting and whinging about things not going their way, when those things are meant to happen in a Lords of Creation game. Happens to me all the time but do I rant about it? No.

Essentially everyone ganged up on one person first, then after that person was forced to quit because of that (I think they did anyhow, they've been posting in other places yet not a word in the OOC), and now they're all attacking someone else who is now wanting to leave. Part of me wants to just close down the whole game because of it.

EDIT: And it's both the players and characters in-game who're fighting.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2012-10-21 at 04:48 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    His life was over.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Everyone's just been fighting and whinging about things not going their way, when those things are meant to happen in a Lords of Creation game. Happens to me all the time but do I rant about it? No.

Essentially everyone ganged up on one person first, then after that person was forced to quit because of that (I think they did anyhow, they've been posting in other places yet not a word in the OOC), and now they're all attacking someone else who is now wanting to leave. Part of me wants to just close down the whole game because of it.

Tell me a bit about the characters who the others ganged up on.
    After all, if someone's playing the God of Devouring Souls and Killing Things, and everyone else is playing a kind deity, then conflict is inevitable.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Tell me a bit about the characters who the others ganged up on.
    After all, if someone's playing the God of Devouring Souls and Killing Things, and everyone else is playing a kind deity, then conflict is inevitable.
    He's playing essentially the God of Justice. The first one who left (I think) is the God of Magic I think..

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

He's playing essentially the God of Justice. The first one who left (I think) is the God of Magic I think..
    Justice can be an annoying one to have properly mesh in.

Dragons!

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Justice can be an annoying one to have properly mesh in.
    He's trying to lock up a God of Murder and a God of.. I dunno actually, a big wolf dude who's played by HalfTangible, so anything happens (evil though).

And the pantheon of eleven people, are on the bad guys side, not the God of Justice's side.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    His life was over.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

High-fives?
    Normally I'd say just try out a dance with your friends; even if you don't like it, it'll be an... interesting experience, I guess. (I myself have a dancing quota. I only feel like dancing about once every three or four years.)
    Snip.

Your global peregrinations, and the privileged family that permits them; your refined pastimes; your retinue of artisanal friends; your aristocratic features: nobile, sir.
    Snip.
    What an extraordinary experience...
    And HAHAHA at the bolded bit. My friends are great people, but that's not how I'd describe the vast majority of them.
    Snip.

Try PMing them all and telling them that this type of game usually goes like that... Though, to be honest, eleven players could just be too much to handle. It could also just be the wrong group of players.
    This avatar by Phase.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Try PMing them all and telling them that this type of game usually goes like that... Though, to be honest, eleven players could just be too much to handle. It could also just be the wrong group of players.
    I'd read through Mynxae's game, but it's reached the point where I can't be bothered to.
    But, I have played in a couple Lords of Creations before, and eleven isn't too many.

@Mynxae: Have you placed alignment restrictions to keep the balance of good and evil in check?
    Law and chaos aren't as important, but it still needs watching.

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

When will hotel internet be cheaper and automatically included in the bill like water and TV and getting your room cleaned every morning?