New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

My point in bringing it up is mostly tha souls sent to Hell are not removed from the cycle - Hell is not a deviation of natural order, it's a part of it. Things aren't getting boinked out of balance by its existence.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

So uhh... does anyone know what the creeping shadow stuff in Hueco Mundo is in episode 1?
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quincycar!

No, not a car that Quincies drive.

Anyhow, I'm guessing hollow/quincy combo for now. The little bracelet cross he has is very similar to Ishida's. The bow itself...not so much. Looks hollow-ish.

I do think that the quincies are not the main villains of this arc, though. They appeared at the beginning of the arc. The main baddies always wait a while to show up.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Diamond View Post
    Quincycar!

No, not a car that Quincies drive.

Anyhow, I'm guessing hollow/quincy combo for now. The little bracelet cross he has is very similar to Ishida's. The bow itself...not so much. Looks hollow-ish.

I do think that the quincies are not the main villains of this arc, though. They appeared at the beginning of the arc. The main baddies always wait a while to show up.
    I dunno, Kūgo appeared in the first chapter of the last arc.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    I dunno, Kūgo appeared in the first chapter of the last arc.
    Hm. Point. It was a shorter arc, though. As I understand it, this arc is supposed to be a longer arc as well as the final arc. The King of Soul Society has to have relevance sometime, as does squad 0. I expect the quincies to be mid-bosses at best.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...his name is Ivan, right? SS typically has Japanese names, Hollows had generally Spanish names, and if Ivan is an indication, this new faction will have generally...Russian?...names. This implies that he is at least the tip of the newest iceberg.

Yes, those are the only factions we've met. I don't know what you're talking about with this...what'd you say? Fullbringers? Don't remember them.

Also, why the hell would you send an entourage of random people to say "Excuse us, we're declaring way on y'all. FYI." I mean, wouldn't just ganking SS in secret be more effective?

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    Well...his name is Ivan, right? SS typically has Japanese names, Hollows had generally Spanish names, and if Ivan is an indication, this new faction will have generally...Russian?...names. This implies that he is at least the tip of the newest iceberg.

Yes, those are the only factions we've met. I don't know what you're talking about with this...what'd you say? Fullbringers? Don't remember them.

Also, why the hell would you send an entourage of random people to say "Excuse us, we're declaring way on y'all. FYI." I mean, wouldn't just ganking SS in secret be more effective?
    A Formal Declaration of War might not be strategically optimal, but it is considered honorable, and if these are the Quincy and they feel they are in the right in this war then it would only make sense that thy follow the Laws of War. Not every villain need be sneaky.

On another note, I think these guys kind of have to be Quincy. A couple chapters earlier, "The Thousand Year Blood War", Mayuri says "they are the only ones who can remove hollows from existence itself". That is pretty specific. It also implies that preventing reincarnation is a special ability, and recalling Ukitake's explanation that they were doing it as a form of revenge makes me think that Quincy don't have to destroy Hollows entirely. But I might be reading too much into it.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Ivan is russian/germanic (i.e. mainly east european), and we know Quinchy use German names for their techniques
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    From the looks of it, they did just gank the guards outside and sneak a numerically superior force of assassins straight to the Shinigami Head Honcho. What's to say they won't next try to kick Yamamoto's ass?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

From the looks of it, they did just gank the guards outside and sneak a numerically superior force of assassins straight to the Shinigami Head Honcho. What's to say they won't next try to kick Yamamoto's ass?
    Because until proven otherwise i would claim that they are a numerically inferior force?

This is Commander Genoside after all
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Ivan is russian/germanic (i.e. mainly east european), and we know Quinchy use German names for their techniques
    Ivan is Slavic in origin, and is most common in Eastern European countries, being the most popular name in Russia, Bulgaria, and Croatia. That said there are German Ivan's, including my grandfather, although he was born in the US. Perhaps Kubo just isn't aware that the name is more associated with Eastern Europe than Germany.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    So uhh... does anyone know what the creeping shadow stuff in Hueco Mundo is in episode 1?
    No, I don't think anyone does. It's just cool-looking background material.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    A Formal Declaration of War might not be strategically optimal, but it is considered honorable, and if these are the Quincy and they feel they are in the right in this war then it would only make sense that thy follow the Laws of War. Not every villain need be sneaky.
    I agree - if these guys are Quincy at all (or even "former Quincy") then they are basically the paladins of this 'verse and all go around with stick firmly up pigu.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    No, I don't think anyone does. It's just cool-looking background material.
    Thanks. For some reason I thought rewatching the show was going to clear things up. :/
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks. For some reason I thought rewatching the show was going to clear things up. :/
    I don't remember the stuff you are referring to, but my best guess is that it is very dense solidified Reishi.

16. - Top - End - #256

I don't remember the stuff you are referring to, but my best guess is that it is very dense solidified Reishi.
    If you rewatch the first scene of the first episode (or at least the first couple minutes), you'll see it. It may appear more later (I can't recall, only rewatched the first episode), but... I definitely don't think it's ever explained. Anyways, whose reishi would it be?
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

If you rewatch the first scene of the first episode (or at least the first couple minutes), you'll see it. It may appear more later (I can't recall, only rewatched the first episode), but... I definitely don't think it's ever explained. Anyways, whose reishi would it be?
    Not Reiryoku, Reishi. Reishi is the spirit energy that souls, Soul Society, and Hueco Mundo are made up of, as opposed to the normal energy the real world is made up of. Everything in Soul Society/Hueco Mundo is made of Reishi particles, but Hueco Mundo has very dense Reishi even compared to Soul Society. I imagine the stuff you are talking about is just dense bits of Reishi.

18. - Top - End - #258

Not Reiryoku, Reishi. Reishi is the spirit energy that souls, Soul Society, and Hueco Mundo are made up of, as opposed to the normal energy the real world is made up of. Everything in Soul Society/Hueco Mundo is made of Reishi particles, but Hueco Mundo has very dense Reishi even compared to Soul Society. I imagine the stuff you are talking about is just dense bits of Reishi.
    Hehe whoops, you'd think with 8 semesters of Japanese I'd know better.

But uhh... I don't know. I buy your reasoning, but it seems the first freakin' scene in the entire freakin' series would be important/explained later. Then again, perhaps it is explained somewhere in the middle and I forgot.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

But uhh... I don't know. I buy your reasoning, but it seems the first freakin' scene in the entire freakin' series would be important/explained later. Then again, perhaps it is explained somewhere in the middle and I forgot.
    1. Its a scene in the anime that I'm pretty sure doesn't occur in the manga so it drops in importance right there.
    And
    2. Having not noticed how often Kubo trolls the fans?

20. - Top - End - #260
    Banned

I haven't been able to read the chapters but from what I can tell from your posts, It would make perfect sense to use Hollows as a source of energy. Muramasa did it, and he was fine until heartbreak turned him into a hollow-fied abomination. If it is a new Quincy/Hollow hybrid, I feel the name will be germanic, with a way to sum up what it is as a combination of "Destroyer" and "Hollow".

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

lol at implying Bleach has consistent in-universe physics.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Banned

For the most part it does.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

at this point am just waiting to see what awsome things the minor characters do while ichigo beats up the villains

i hope these two new shinigami do something soon
    My Class is Artificer ... "I see the secret patterns of magic, and through the items I carry, I can use that magic to protect you, heal you... or make you explode."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Venom3053000 View Post
    at this point am just waiting to see what awsome things the minor characters do while ichigo beats up the villains
    Obviously, nom bread.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry, I just couldn't go through pages 2-7, so much of this is going to seem old hat. So about them Quincy... it took Kubo, what, approximately 8 years to do anything with them and that whole plotpoint of the quincy's hollow-destruction effectively unbalancing the universe? I think it's a fitting scenario for the final arc.

Wanted to get this off my chest for a long time now: Nell and Grimmjaw. Where'd they go? They just pulled a respective Carmen Sandiego/Waldo!

Finally, I'd like to go out on a limb and make a 'prediction' on the arc*:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Ichigo will fight the quincy-hollows (highly likely they're modified ala the Visored) with friends (naturally)
    • Ichigo gets a new quincy rival he needs to power up (yet again) to beat
    • The Quincies kill Aizen in his cell, yaddayadda "you were just a small fish in a big pond" speech from whoever's in charge
    • Ichigo finds out. Takes it as a personal challenge
    • Ishida gets kidnapped/becomes morally ambiguous
    • Ichigo (therefore everyone) needs to rescue Ishida
    • Rukia and Renji tag along because fanbase
    • Isshin completely out of left field, and Urahara, too (see also: explanative talking heads)
    • Ichigo et al. "visit" the Quincy base (on/against orders from someone, obviously)
    • Battles Galore. Chad falls prey to the "not full Japanese=not strong" flaw, no one but Ichigo/Ishida(if lucky due to "arc relevance" status) shines
    • Lots of posturing by the Quincy 'bad guys' (not ruling out SS being secretly run by evil)
    • Villain of the Week steals the MacGuffin of the Week! We see God's Court!
    • A trap put into play by the villains actually works! Ichigo&Friends are fluffy bunnies!!
    • Byakuya/Kenpachi/Isshin/Yoruichi/Every Minor Badass Kubo Can Remember comes to the rescue
    • In the midst, God is revealed. He's probably an evil overlord.
    • ???
    • People Die. Ichigo's mad.
    • ??? (Ichigo becomes a Hollow-God?)
    • Hollows out of Hammerspace.
    • God's obviously an evil overlord.
    • NO WAIT, GOD'S TAINTED! WITH SUPER-HOLLOWS!
    • CLEANSE THE TAINT!
    • Ichigo wins... with the power of friendship.
    • Obligatory timeskip
    • SS is rebuilt, the dead are honored, everything seems normal.
    • Ichigo goes on living a normal life with Orihime. Because that's who ends up together. Your favorite slash combos will be handled by slash writers.
    • Ending with all characters getting their karmic rewards
    • Obligatory "Bleach End. Please look forward to Kubo-sensei's next work!"
    • You may or may not be satisfied/forced to reminisce with the ending and post reactions on the web. In the end, we all grow a little; maybe it was a good thing after all.
    • Years pass. We still wait for the day One Piece ends.

*May or may not be the case. Read at your own Discretion. Or don't. It's fine either way.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulnine View Post
    People Die. Ichigo's mad.
    By "die" I assume you mean "get knocked out"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Yep! And to expand on it, there will be at least one movie or filler episode (once the cartoon airs) about the journey to revive aforementioned characters.

Possibly an entire spinoff movie involving whatever Hitsugaya is presumed to be doing during this arc, should he see little face-time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe Kenpachi gets a bankai.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

I saw an interview a little bit ago and Nell is almost certainly going to show up again and a good chance Grimmjaw will show again as well (actaully, I thought he was dead ). Oddly, I half expect Nell to show up in the SS and (acidentaly) cause a major ruckus.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    No, die. People can die in this series as shown by the last arc.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    No, die. People can die in this series as shown by the last arc.
    Only bad guys.