New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [FWM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread X

My Little Pony: Friendship Was Magic

In Equestria, the monsters are kept in safe places, and can be beaten off with hugs and clothing and angry stares.
    In Equestria, a benevolent goddess raises the sun and the moon, and keeps the world in harmony.
    In Equestria, the concept of danger is barely understood.

This is not that Equestria.

The town of Bridle Shores lies near a lake, and is one of the cities that survived the revolution. The heroic Moon Goddess, and her student, overthrew the Burning Hate of the Iron Hoof, saving Equestria from the searing, unending summer that raged for years. Even now, she tries to hold against the monsters, the literal armies of feral species that attack.

This is not the Equestria you know. Friendship has power, love may yet triumph. But evil is not just a word. Go out into the woods today, and be sure to take an axe, or make sure you have that fireball spell on a hair-trigger. If you want to keep your life... you'd better work for it.

Rules?
    Spoiler
    Show

Q: So, how dark are we talking?
    A: As dark as Exalted or a darkish d&d game, no more. The idea should be that things ARE fixable.

Q: What kind of RP is this?
    A: More active than the non-grimdark. The added darkness makes actual adventure-style plots more viable. We could have wars against [unspecified villains], Celestial cults, and dungeoncrawling!

Q: Anything else?
    A: Yes. Dark or no dark, keep within the board rules.

Q: Hullaballoo.
    A: Calloo callay!

Q: Is that all?
    A: No. Whatever you do, do NOT forget about spell 87. Or else. Now have fun.

Previous Main Thread Links

FwM OOC

FwM Plot/Recruitment Thread

Miscellaneous forbidding adventures Thread/s

Now with more roman numerals
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-06-06 at 09:20 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] As Equestria Turns:MLP Without the Kiddy Thread X

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "No no. It's fine. I was just plotting the time when... well nevermind.... You are better off not knowing. Most ponies can't handle it. Meet me in the bridge." Studying the far stars of fate and doom can wait. The ship's wings are deviated at least seven percent.

Hover then closes the door. "I need to change." The pegasus then strips and will be in the front of the ship shortly after Sandy's wheels himself there.
    [Cirrus - Bridge]

Oh, Hover. Always with the slightly disturbing and ominous. Sandy fetched a spare set of tools he'd stashed/almost lost behind some wall paneling, and was waiting for Hover on the bridge, those five or six warnings to take it easy completely forgotten. "Alright, so what's the trouble this time? Not synched up proper, or they're just out of place again?"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    The blow by Whitestone struck true to his sides, flinging the earth pony some ways away. Flameshield coughed and gasped for breath, and tried to regain his footing.
    Whitestone stands up quckly and slwings his sword at his legs to disable him.

Ironblade charges towards Silent and tries to stab through him.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post

Silent parried with the pike he was magically wielding but was not accounting for the overwhelming force from Ironblade's attack, he fell backward but was a better combatant than Idle and rolled away to avoid a second attack.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Let's not be to hasty with glamour using...so run...!"
    Or in Aubade's case, fly, since she could not run with that hind leg of hers.
    Lochbed dropped her glowing hoof and scrambled along with Aubade on the ground. A disorienting glamour of reverse perception would be easier. But the kelpie relents. "Slow down, Awbade. Ah am not as fast as ye."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Cirrus - Bridge]

Oh, Hover. Always with the slightly disturbing and ominous. Sandy fetched a spare set of tools he'd stashed/almost lost behind some wall paneling, and was waiting for Hover on the bridge, those five or six warnings to take it easy completely forgotten. "Alright, so what's the trouble this time? Not synched up proper, or they're just out of place again?"
    "The reaction is too slow. Also the wings wont raise over 71°. But shouldn't you be resting?" answers and asks the pink pilot.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

6. - Top - End - #6

Silent parried with the pike he was magically wielding but was not accounting for the overwhelming force from Ironblade's attack, he fell backward but was a better combatant than Idle and rolled away to avoid a second attack.
    Ironblade threw a swing with his sword, but Silent rolled away, but as soon as the unicorn would start to stand up, Ironblade would then make a long step and try to buck him in the face to stun him, if he suceeds, he would then attack with a flurry of sword swings and bucks.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Lochbed dropped her glowing hoof and scrambled along with Aubade on the ground. A disorienting glamour of reverse perception would be easier. But the kelpie relents. "Slow down, Awbade. Ah am not as fast as ye."
    She didn't consider herself a fast flyer, but she slowed down for the kelpie. "Sorry."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

It was admittedly a little weird at first seeing some random pony who wasn't Faithful Song giving Mystic affections. But, she knew she had to expect these things here. She took a step forward. "H-hi.." She said again.
    Hello there. Hay Bale grinned and beckoned again. Let's have some fun with mistress... She half-moaned, huskily.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-04-22 at 01:15 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Ironblade threw a swing with his sword, but Silent rolled away, but as soon as the unicorn would start to stand up, Ironblade would then make a long step and try to buck him in the face to stun him, if he succeeds, he would then attack with a flurry of sword swings and bucks.
    Silent found himself stunned, and not being able to recover in time, well, ya'll know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Hello there. Hay Bale grinned and beckoned again. Let's have some fun with mistress... She half-moaned, huskily.
    Amber bit down on her bottom lip, this mare was hot, she stirred. She wanly smiled, she liked fun time with Mistress. "Uhm..if you don't mind my messiness...though I should probably take a bath first." She grimaced a little as she wiped off some batter off her leg.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-04-22 at 01:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Silent found himself stunned, and not being able to recover in time, well, ya'll know what happens.
    Ironblade smacks Silent in the face, stunning the unicorn with the buck, but then he grabs his sword and starts swinging, throwing more bucks, sword slaps, slashes.... well, you get the idea, though damage depends on whether he could defend himself or not.

He finishes the flurry with a slash directed to his chest, that ends up in a stabbing position, he charges his sword with the same black aura he used before stabbing Idle, then thrusts the sword, directed towards the Unicorn's chest too. if he hits, Silent would fall to the ground with a slice wound where he was stabed, but wouldn't pass out due to his magic.

((now waiting for Grif ))
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Amber bit down on her bottom lip, this mare was hot, she stirred. She wanly smiled, she liked fun time with Mistress. "Uhm..if you don't mind my messiness...though I should probably take a bath first." She grimaced a little as she wiped off some batter off her leg.
    "Noooo, no baths. It'll just make things, better, trust me." Mystic says, giving Amber a look as well. Mystic was pretty much always in the mood unless she was on a mission.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "I'd say so, yes. But if you want to go check something out, I'm right behind you."
    Blades also had a feeling that something had happened that fit what she had just said, but decided to ignore it. "Well, it might just be restlessness 'cause I haven't stabbed anything in a while, but it'd be good to get it out. 'N, ya know, make sure nothing's wrong out there." Blades headed out to look around. "'N while we're out, it's a good chance to get a sign for the shop!"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "Noooo, no baths. It'll just make things, better, trust me." Mystic says, giving Amber a look as well. Mystic was pretty much always in the mood unless she was on a mission.
    "Oh...Uh...okay..if you say so Miss Mystic," She shuffled a little bashfully. She glanced at the newcomer. "Amber, Amber Grain, a pleasure to meet you...Miss....?" She was trying to gauge for a name.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Town Gate

Yes, the pike, Silent was wielding the pike in his magical grasp when he attacked. He double teamed with Flameshield on charging Whitestone.

Idle on the other hoof was busy rubbing his rump. "Ow...mama.....I think I need the ointment."
    ---------------

Mystic's Manor

"Aaah...coming Miss Mystic," Meeped the filly-mare. She had still been in the kitchen trying to perfect her muffin-cupcake recipe and she was sporting an apron. And because it was an apron she found here in Mystic's house, it was totally scandalous. She teleported in looking slightly frazzled. She seemed to have had an accident with the batter as it looked like she had tried to clean it off but missed a few spots.

"Oh uh..hello."
    -------------

Soft's bar

"I don't know really..I mean...yes...yes...I don't want to tell you..I mean.."
    She blargled for words to sound right here without sounding suspicious, the way she totally was coming off right now. She needed to distract Soft, shift her mind track to another. Her head swished around as she suddenly grabbed Soft's face between her two hooves and started to kiss her. She knew Soft liked these and heck, hopefully they distracted her long enough.
    Soft was certainly distracted, but this time she was the one to pull away.

"What the heck happened to you?" she asked, completely dumbstruck. She appreciated it, but it was really out of the ordinary for Gwyn.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Soft was certainly distracted, but this time she was the one to pull away.

"What the heck happened to you?" she asked, completely dumbstruck. She appreciated it, but it was really out of the ordinary for Gwyn.

"Trying to distract you...! Don't make me explain it....and anyhoof...I thought you liked kisses...I don't see why you're making a big deal here,"
    She pouted, flushing 'angrily'.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

She didn't consider herself a fast flyer, but she slowed down for the kelpie. "Sorry."
    Sadly Lochbed is a water fae. Running on land is unnatural to her. A pony must learn to swim and still be poor at it. A kelpie learns to run and due to their dependence on glamours, they rarely spend time perfecting it.

Kelpies rarely spend much time on land. And when they must escape, they typically just charm the chaser into believing they are exhausted. Or some other glamour. But Aubade said "no", so Lochbed hobbles along. "He's going to catch us. One wee glamour would do it. I'll make him think there be a gulf between we mares and he. Harmless."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Sadly Lochbed is a water fae. Running on land is unnatural to her. A pony must learn to swim and still be poor at it. A kelpie learns to run and due to their dependence on glamours, they rarely spend time perfecting it.

Kelpies rarely spend much time on land. And when they must escape, they typically just charm the chaser into believing they are exhausted. Or some other glamour. But Aubade said "no", so Lochbed hobbles along. "He's going to catch us. One wee glamour would do it. I'll make him think there be a gulf between we mares and he. Harmless."

"A gulf? Really Miss Lochbed....we don't want him to think he's crazy....but I understand......do you have a glamour for just making it look like we disappeared? It is raining, so its not too much of a stretch for one to have one's vision obscured enough to lose sight of someone,"
    She quickly said looking back as she flew. Her wings were starting to become heavy with water.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"Trying to distract you...! Don't make me explain it....and anyhoof...I thought you liked kisses...I don't see why you're making a big deal here,"
    She pouted, flushing 'angrily'.
    "I like kisses, but I like them being a result of you liking, me, not because you're trying to distract me. I like displays of affection without ulterior motives." she says.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"A gulf? Really Miss Lochbed....we don't want him to think he's crazy....but I understand......do you have a glamour for just making it look like we disappeared? It is raining, so its not too much of a stretch for one to have one's vision obscured enough to lose sight of someone,"
    She quickly said looking back as she flew. Her wings were starting to become heavy with water.
    "Hey stop you two!"

"Och ye are smart." Lochbed forgot she could do that. Invisibility and obscuring are the kelpie's specialties.

The kelpie turns around and flares her nostrils. The rain would seem to fall heavier and louder than what the guard once knew. The mares disappear in the rain to him. "Blast this rain. They got away." He said then he turned around and walked in the other direction.

"Sssh. Glamours be easy to break. If he thinks we mare be her, he will see it too."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"The reaction is too slow. Also the wings wont raise over 71°. But shouldn't you be resting?" answers and asks the pink pilot.
    "It's just a wiring problem, not the Canterlot marathon. I could fix this sort of thing in my sleep." At least, that's what he thought before opening the panel behind the steering controls. A shower of sparks flowed out of the wiring, nearly engulfing the stallion's hoof. Sandy bit his lip as he scoped out the damage from a safe distance. "Still nothin' t'worry about, she's just a bit temperamental..." And then a whoof of smoke blew right in his face, painting his muzzle black and leaving him coughing. "See? *cough cough* She's just *cough* happy t'see me again is all."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

"I like kisses, but I like them being a result of you liking, me, not because you're trying to distract me. I like displays of affection without ulterior motives." she says.

"Well....I kinda like you....You make really tasty cookies,"
    She said levitating one from a batch that was likely previously finished. She broke it in half offering one to Soft.

"Hey stop you two!"

"Och ye are smart." Lochbed forgot she could do that. Invisibility and obscuring are the kelpie's specialties.

The kelpie turns around and flares her nostrils. The rain would seem to fall heavier and louder than what the guard once knew. The mares disappear in the rain to him. "Blast this rain. They got away." He said then he turned around and walked in the other direction.

"Sssh. Glamours be easy to break. If he thinks we mare be her, he will see it too."
    Aubade wasn't up for breaking their cover, so she kept to a hushed voice. "I understand..let's just...try to get to the house."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Flameshield howled in pain as the sword connected with his right fore and hind legs. He wouldn't be using those anytime soon.

Ironblade smacks Silent in the face, stunning the unicorn with the buck, but then he grabs his sword and starts swinging, throwing more bucks, sword slaps, slashes.... well, you get the idea, though damage depends on whether he could defend himself or not.

He finishes the flurry with a slash directed to his chest, that ends up in a stabbing position, he charges his sword with the same black aura he used before stabbing Idle, then thrusts the sword, directed towards the Unicorn's chest too. if he hits, Silent would fall to the ground with a slice wound where he was stabed, but wouldn't pass out due to his magic.

((now waiting for Grif ))
    Snowflake charged Ironblade while he was busy with Silent, her sword swinging furiously in mid-charge.

23. - Top - End - #23

Flameshield howled in pain as the sword connected with his right fore and hind legs. He wouldn't be using those anytime soon.
    Whitestone then tries to grapple him and drive him to the ground

Snowflake charged Ironblade while he was busy with Silent, her sword swinging furiously in mid-charge.
    When Ironblade's about to stab Silent's chest, Snowflake's troting distracts him and he ends up flung about 5 meters away when she hits him, he rolls, but has a bit of trouble standing up.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Name's Hay Bale. So, there was one other mare to find, right? Hay Bale grinned and licked Mystic's neck.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-04-22 at 11:24 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Arvadraa

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Blades also had a feeling that something had happened that fit what she had just said, but decided to ignore it. "Well, it might just be restlessness 'cause I haven't stabbed anything in a while, but it'd be good to get it out. 'N, ya know, make sure nothing's wrong out there." Blades headed out to look around. "'N while we're out, it's a good chance to get a sign for the shop!"
    "Right. Should I send scouts? I know a pair of falcons that owe me a favor."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Right. Should I send scouts? I know a pair of falcons that owe me a favor."
    "Scouts sound like a good idea! Of course, if it's that one pegasus heroine I've heard about 'n she's causin' a ruckus, scouts might not be so good... Anyway, let's get to it!"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Aubade wasn't up for breaking their cover, so she kept to a hushed voice. "I understand..let's just...try to get to the house."

Once the guard was far enough away, Lochbed pointed back in the direction of the house. "Let us go home. Before Ember can see this fish. Ah can't glamour him to not smell it."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Whitestone then tries to grapple him and drive him to the ground

When Ironblade's about to stab Silent's chest, Snowflake's troting distracts him and he ends up flung about 5 meters away when she hits him, he rolls, but has a bit of trouble standing up.
    Flameshield, now injured as he was, was unable to resist the blow. He does however, feebly try to kick out at Whitestone with his one good forehoof.

(Waiting for Benson before replying to Silent/Ironblade)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Town Gate Shenanigans

Not sure what to put here but uh, well, Silent was pretty much fubar'd after that spam attack. He laid there on the wet cobblestone road barely able to move, his NPC body wracked with pain.

----
    Once the guard was far enough away, Lochbed pointed back in the direction of the house. "Let us go home. Before Ember can see this fish. Ah can't glamour him to not smell it."

Marzipan's House

Good, she was learning. The servant furrowed her brows and nodded. That's right, stinky fish smell. Urgh, time to bring out the cans of air freshener.

Eventually they reached the house, Aubade was close to being pooped out, her cast on her leg feeling like paper mache to her right now, ready to blah right off from all the rain. "Ah...we're here.."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-04-23 at 05:10 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Flameshield, now injured as he was, was unable to resist the blow. He does however, feebly try to kick out at Whitestone with his one good forehoof.

(Waiting for Benson before replying to Silent/Ironblade)
    He gets kicked on the head, but the helmet absorbes it, and for worse, Flameshield gets the purple non-burning flames on his hoof too; after getting kicked on the helmet some times, Whitestone gets annoyed and steps on that foreleg with his own left one, then points his sword's point towards his chest with the same aura Idle was hit.

Not sure what to put here but uh, well, Silent was pretty much fubar'd after that spam attack. He laid there on the wet cobblestone road barely able to move, his NPC body wracked with pain.
    Ironblade stands up and sees both Snowflake and Silent on the ground, he decides to go for the easiest target to down at the moment and charges towards Silent, trying to evade Snowflake and swing at her legs in the way, but he was still open for an attack from her.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-04-23 at 05:23 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show