New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Fae WW II: Fae-ailed Plans

Two years ago, the Hunters led an attack on the Tree of Swords and Jewels, shattering the wardings on it. The demoralized Fae, unable to tell friend from foe due to a strange side-effect of the magical discharge, namely that everyone in the area was cloaked in illusions, were quickly defeated.

Still, the Hunters did not escape unscathed. The more radical elements, including their leader, Kaed, were purged by a splinter group led by a Guardian named Ramsus, allowing him and several others who were willing to work with the Fae to take over.

The compromise they came to has worked rather well, at least until now. But as it turns out, certain consequences of the invasion have come back to haunt them...

Rules (With thanks to the wonderful Fox for help with balancing them):
    Spoiler
    Show

Days will last for 48 RL hours, nights for 24 (or until all players with night actions, team votes, etc., have sent them in/voted, if that happens first). A bit shorter than the times used in most variants, but I've found that it tends to keep the game from bogging down.

Since paring the game down to two teams had made there be only seven roles for the starting teams (not counting the Midday Moon/Midnight Sun, and assuming two Slayers), almost half of which are wolves, leading to a very unbalanced game, not everyone is going to be getting a power role.

If two or more people scry the same person in the same phase, they all get (different) randomly determined results.

All players, save Wolves and the Midday Moon/Midnight Sun begin blind.

If you don't post, or at least use your night actions, for three days without letting me know beforehand, or having quite a good reason afterward, you'll be removed from the game.

Items can be transferred to any player not restricted from accepting them, and will arrive in the phase after they are sent.

The game, unlike most, will begin at night in order to allow at least a bit of information gathering before people start deciding who to lynch.

All Wolf teams get a team vote for a night kill. (I know this is normally assumed, but I figured that I should specify it, since there are plenty of NKing roles, and it wasn't the case in the last one).

The role (but not identity) of the person who killed someone is shown in the summary of that night's narration, unless one of the people with a kill/kill vote specifically requests that it not be. For example 'Lex-Kat was killed by the Mage. She was the Guardian, a Usurper baner.'.

Players may make requests about how their powers are shown in the narrations, but those requests will not always be used (usually if they would throw undue suspicion on another player, though subtle trickery is encouraged).

Clues as to the identity of killers, baners, etc., will be provided in the narrations, regardless of if any are requested; thus, careful reading is useful.

Deceased players will become ghosts, and may vote in green to block votes, whether for lynches or team kills; a ghost voting for another ghost renders the voiding void. Ghosts may still post in QTs, send PMs, and talk in-thread.

Roles:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Werekin (First Wolves):

Win Condition:

Spoiler
    Show
    Reduce the numbers of Usurpers to match the number of Werekin and Turned. Kill or enslave all Turned.

Roles:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Familiar: Before the game begins, you may pick which players are on your team, and their roles. After the game starts, you may choose once a night between killing, scrying, or turning one person.

The Deft: Once a day/night, you may choose to set a trap on one person, which will void the next person to use a power on them, and reveal the effect of one of the powers of the person voided, or for someone, which has the same effect, but voids the person it was used on when next they use a power.

The Vengeful (Beast): If you die by lynching, you kill two people who voted for you. If you die from a night kill, you either kill two people who voted for you, or the person who targeted you and one random player, depending on whether it was from a team vote or a power.

The Diviner: Skilled at reading the future in entrails, each night that the Familiar kills someone, you learn the target of a power in the next phase that one is used.

The Turned (Second Wolves):

Win Condition:

Spoiler
    Show
    Reduce the numbers of Usurpers to match the number of Werekin and Turned. Kill or enslave all Werekin.

Roles:

Spoiler
    Show

(Further roles will be made as necessary.)

Duilliath, Keeper of Dun Gol: The first time the Keeper of the March is turned, they gain power over the dead and dying; once every three phases they may convert a ghost to their team.

Every other phase, they may make all ghost votes count for purposes of the lynch/give them a team-kill, or prevent one of the players who would die that phase from doing so (for which purpose they will receive a list of those who, after the effects of all powers have been determined, will die without intervention).

The Virulent: The first Usurper to be turned, you were made in such a way that you can spread your curse; each night, you may bite one player, adding them to the Turned, with all effects attendant upon such a conversion.

The Mirror: If the Guardian is turned, they gain the following powers: Once every other day they may choose to redirect a lynch onto the first person to vote for someone, or once every other night they can choose to redirect any night actions other than scries and banes against one player back onto the person who performed them (For team votes, this works the same way as it would with any other vote; the first person to vote for someone becomes the target).

The Thief: If the Deft is turned, they may attempt to remove a collar from one player each day, and choose to steal one player's powers during the night phase.

The Usurpers (First Town):

Win Condition:

Spoiler
    Show
    Kill or enslave all Werekin or Turned.

Roles:

Spoiler
    Show

The Forger: Once a night you can choose to create an iron sword, which grants the wielder a night kill, a suit of armor, which protects against any night kills, or an iron collar, which allows the owner to attempt to enslave a player once per night until successful.

Slayer(s): You start with an iron sword, which allows you to kill one player each night.

Tracker (Seer): Once each night, you may choose to scry one player.

Guardian (Baner): You may choose to protect one player each day/night from night kill or lynch.

The Keeper of the March (Killer/Day-baner: Once a night you may choose to kill one player, or protect them from lynching the next day by keeping them in your home. However, any player so protected is forbidden from voting the next day, or the protection is rendered void.

Enchanter (Vortexer): Once a day or night you can choose one person and redirect their vote or action to the target of your choice. This includes night kills. However, you cannot use this again until the next phase has passed. So, for example, if you choose to redirect a vote, you couldn't use your ability again until the next night passed.

Unaffiliated (Either):

Spoiler
    Show

The Midday Moon/Midnight Sun: So long as your counterpart is alive, you cannot be killed save by lynching, though you will gain any additional abilities you might have from doing so, including team votes. However, if your counterpart dies, so do you. If your counterpart is on another team, neither of you need to die, be enslaved, or be turned, for purposes of either team's win condition. You and your counterpart start knowing each other.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Fae WW II: Fae-ailed Plans

In like a dolphin that's missin' a dorsal fin
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Guess I could start joining more. Count me in!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I'm in.

Edit: So are there going to be kills on Night 0? Because it's not too fun to die before you even get to vote on Day 1.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2012-07-27 at 02:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. Count me in.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Well, I'm in.

Edit: So are there going to be kills on Night 0? Because it's not too fun to die before you even get to vote on Day 1.
    Honestly, I'm not sure. Dead players continue as ghosts in this, so it's not as bad as it was, especially if Duilliath comes into play, but I can certainly see your point...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm in. Faecus on horrible puns and everything will end up being fine.
    My avatar is by Matthias. Thanks a lot <3

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

So... if The Familiar, ruler of team wolf, is the only one who can turn someone at the start, how will the turned team ever come into being? Except as an uber wolf/cult hybrid of doom guaranteed win?
    Oh, and it's hard enough enticing ghosts to stick around when they got to live for a while (take a look at Meta). There are killing roles on both sides, so it isn't too imbalanced to take that away for night 0.

Anyways, in.
    The BareFoot Programmer

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Willing to co-narrate and run the actions side of things.

Not the narrations so much; my hints tend to be either too complicated (if you counted the number of times I used letters you would have noticed that S came up more frequently, and should have looked for the player with the most S's in their name), or too simple. ("It was Ramsus.")
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

All the hints should just be "It was Ramsus".

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Well, I'm in.

Night zero is a good night for the narrator to die.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TBFProgrammer View Post
    So... if The Familiar, ruler of team wolf, is the only one who can turn someone at the start, how will the turned team ever come into being? Except as an uber wolf/cult hybrid of doom guaranteed win?
    Looks like The Virulent starts as a Turned and can turn others.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

In, nomming on random things until the game starts. Can you guess what role we would love? If you said The Vengeful then you crazy, we obviously want The Forger once more.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    Night zero is a good night for the narrator to die.
    Except that I have to die Day 1, because the game starts on Night 1, making it a very bad night for the narrator to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    Looks like The Virulent starts as a Turned and can turn others.
    Yep.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Count me in.
    It would be interesting if I got my old role back. But also paradoxical seeing as I died.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm give it a go. Is it me, or is there a crazy number of possible night kills with the 2 wolf team kills, the slayer(s) and the familiar and the keeper both having options for a night kill?
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that we can have up to seven night kills floating about at the start, assuming two Slayers. Though probably there'll only end up being six, as I doubt we'll have enough people to have more than one Slayer.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-07-27 at 11:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Definitely in especially since City of Spires just ended.

19. - Top - End - #19

Here here, if there's still room, I'm in.
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

How could I not join after the shenanigans of the first one?

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    Here here, if there's still room, I'm in.
    Considering that this would probably work best with thirty or forty people, there's rather a lot of room. Though recruitment seems to be going faster this time, which is nice.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

I would like to join!
    Thanks to all the players who joined
    June 27 ... July 14, 2011
    July 7 ... July 28, 2012

23. - Top - End - #23

I'll be in, this could be fun.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Atreyu and IF: Can you please confirm whether or not you'll be joining as players?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

I will not be.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

I"m interested, I like to be in.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

In.

By the way, it could be because it's late, but I didn't see any reference to enslaving anywhere other than in the win conditions.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

It's in the role description for the Forger:

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor
    The Forger: Once a night you can choose to create an iron sword, which grants the wielder a night kill, a suit of armor, which protects against any night kills, or an iron collar, which allows the owner to attempt to enslave a player once per night until successful.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    It's in the role description for the Forger:
    Ok, can you say what exactly turning and enslaving do?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Ok, can you say what exactly turning and enslaving do?
    Turning adds the turned person to the Turned. Enslaving converts them to the team of the person who collared them until the collar is removed.