New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

Essentially? Yes, that's about right.

Except Tanis/Tass are heading towards the Midlands where Richard is raising an army in order to fight his new war.
    His old war was Operation: MORAL CLARITY, but now that Tywin has basically explained that they're all sick of him and he should shut up, his new war shall be called Operation: F*ck you all where he basically kills anyone who has done him wrong.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [FL] Fantasy Lynching Out of Character: Blood alone turns the Wheels of History

So....Rahl has become what I would be like were I ever to have an army?
    Awesome.

So...are Tass and Tanis rather screwed? They're lacking in materials, supplies, and an army, yet are heading towards a large war involving massive armies. Essientially, back to where they started, but without Kitaria chasing them.
    Okay, so a slight improvement.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Meh, I imagine you'll meet Pellew and Allecia, just to form a particularly dysfunctional group.

And not quite. Rahl's insane, so, to his mind, everyone who disagrees with him is evil. And anyone who allows that to happen is also evil. He has declared war on D'Hara. All of it. Which means he will attack a hermit living in the mountains for not trying to stop Tywin, even if he only hears about the coup a year after the effect.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #844

Hm. So not like me; I'd declare war on everything because, to quote
    Me: 'Man, f*** those guys.
    A friend: 'What guys?
    Me: All guys!

And so I declared war on the world. For no raisin!

On topic, a dysfunction junction party is what is most likely to happen.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Pixie in the Playground

I love this (highly supported by canon) interperatation of Richard. It's just hillarious.

Also, Hearken, and listen to these words of reason:

Quote Originally Posted by doliest View Post
    Hm. So not like me; I'd declare war on everything because, to quote
    Me: 'Man, f*** those guys.
    A friend: 'What guys?
    Me: All guys!
    Thus spake Doliest.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2011-05-31 at 12:28 AM.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

6. - Top - End - #846

So I have said it, so it shall be.

And yes, Rahl makes for a funny read in this game.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

7. - Top - End - #847
    Pixie in the Playground

Sort of:
    Why doesn't anyone else understand how important objectivism is? I try hard, I'm nice, I tell them all about it, and they never seem to enjoy the speaches I force them to attend on pain and death. It's not fair.
    I don't ask for much. I just force them to worship me three times a day and only do whatever I tell them, and prove themselves to me because I'm better then all of them.
    Maybe I'll kill them all. Then they won't be able to ignore me.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

8. - Top - End - #848

Heh. Well, I'll say this for him-his speeches are probably better than the one in 'Atlas Shrugged,'
    Not that that's an achievement, mind, but still, something to be said for him.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. Well, I'll say this for him-his speeches are probably better than the one in 'Atlas Shrugged,'
    Not that that's an achievement, mind, but still, something to be said for him.
    That's like saying that a dictator is not a bad leader because at least he's not on the controversial 'KILL ALL BABIES' policy (King Herod was the last to get elected on that platform).
    The speeches are very, very boring, and his actions…

(The hero deals with an eight-year-old child's fit of temper:)
    Richard actually felt sorry for the little Princess. The sadness for her came over him in a wave. At that feeling, he was surprised to feel the thing in him that had come awake rise up.
    Princess Violet squeezed her eyes shut, stuck her tongue out far as she could.
    It was like a red flag.
    The strength of the awakened power exploded through him.
    He could feel her jaw shatter like a crystal goblet on a stone floor when his boot came up under it. The impact of the blow lifted the Princess into the air. Her own teeth severed her tongue before they, too, shattered. She landed on her back, a good distance away, trying to scream through the gushing blood.
    Or the ever popular but still horrifying ‘evil pacifists’

Men behind Richard hit the line of evil's guardians with unrestrained violence. People armed only with their hatred for moral clarity fell bloodied, terribly injured, and dead. The line of people collapsed before the merciless charge. Some of the people, screaming their contempt, used their fists to attack Richard's men. They were met with swift and deadly steel.
    And my favorite, hypocricy. He has explained that the concept of an afterlife where people are rewarded or punished for their actions is ludicrous because:
    "nobody has ever come back from the grave to describe conditions in the next life."
    Fair enough. But he is part of a culture where they summon the spirits of their ancestors on a regular basis. He has met the spirit of his father (trying to destroy the world). He's been to the afterlife. Three times. And he knows people who are explicitly granted powers by the Creator and the Keeper, the lords of heaven and hell respectively.
    So this objectivist legend, able to determine the unconditional truth in everything is responsible for a paradox. Which, according to Goodkind, cannot exist.
    Bring this up on his forums some time. The reactions of the fans are hillarious.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-31 at 08:48 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #850

Nah, I don't troll anymore. Too much effort, too much time that could be spent watching My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic.
    Cracklord? I think I have a character to request.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to play along with it because my tutororial instructor hasn't shown up and I have nothing better to do.

Say Doliest, what is this character you'd like to request? That sounds jolly interesting.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #852

Nah, I don't troll anymore. Too much effort, too much time that could be spent watching My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic.
    OHMIGOD! YES!

Also it's a colon not a semicolon. Nitpicking!
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

13. - Top - End - #853
    Orc in the Playground

...It's Princess Celestia, isn't it?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

14. - Top - End - #854

No...
    It's...
    THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #855

Well, it depends on our power scale;
    Spoiler
    Show

Princess Celestia

Or
    Nightmare Moon

Edit:Sorry Shiro, but I AM a Celestia fan. And even more so a Nightmare Moon fan.

You're kidding. You're kidding, right?

Edit 2.0: But I AM happy to find more MLP: FiM fans. It's...it's so wonderful. All my dreams are coming true.
    Last edited by doliest; 2011-05-31 at 09:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

Almost never. Cirque du Soleil calls me the worst audience particpent ever.

Spoiler
    Show

This one sems a little more bearable. Alright.
    Tell me a little about it.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-31 at 09:06 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #857

She's Nightmare Moon, previously the Spirit of the Moon and the one who ushered in the Night all over Equestria with her sister Princess Celestia who had dominion over the sun.

However, she grew jealous of her sister after seeing how all the other ponies enjoyed the daylight and shunned her night, until one day she swept her night in and refused to allow it to end, intending to drape the world in infinite night and rule over Equestria singlehandedly.

Her sister begged her to stop this, until, seeing her refusal was absolute, she used the Elements of Harmony to bind her in the moon, giving Celestia dominion over both. She is freed on the thousandth 'longest day,' intending to go foward with her plans, until she is defeated by the Elements of Harmony wielded by our 'Mane Cast,' and redeemed, mostly because she justed wanted friends, with that desire being corrupted by an unknown force.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

18. - Top - End - #858

I believe you mean singlehoofedly.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859

I apologize Shiro you are correct. Singlehoofedly rule over all of Equestria.
    So, who's your favorite? I'm torn between...well, everyone, but I think I like Twilight the best. She's so....so....Twilight.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

She's Nightmare Moon, previously the Spirit of the Moon and the one who ushered in the Night all over Equestria with her sister Princess Celestia who had dominion over the sun.

However, she grew jealous of her sister after seeing how all the other ponies enjoyed the daylight and shunned her night, until one day she swept her night in and refused to allow it to end, intending to drape the world in infinite night and rule over Equestria singlehandedly.

Her sister begged her to stop this, until, seeing her refusal was absolute, she used the Elements of Harmony to bind her in the moon, giving Celestia dominion over both. She is freed on the thousandth 'longest day,' intending to go foward with her plans, until she is defeated by the Elements of Harmony wielded by our 'Mane Cast,' and redeemed, mostly because she justed wanted friends, with that desire being corrupted by an unknown force.
    Alright. So we need to start with an origin. This is all I can think of.

The Two Trees of Valinor were Telperion and Laurelin, the Silver Tree and the Gold that brought light to the Land of the Valar in ancient times. They were destroyed by Ungoliant (Lolth, in this game) at Shai-Tan's behest, but their last flower and fruit were made by the Valar into the Moon and the Sun. (Well, the moon was already there, as Morgoth ripped it off the world to make his own kingdom, a flying fortress from which he could watch the world from his own, a realm of shadow and fire and ice (which would mean, to reset everything for the first age we need to make the moon crash back to earth, and destroy the sun and moon) but that’s not important right now).

So when this happened, Ponies (?) somehow got involved, as some sort of spirits who cause it to happen. Lets assume they pull the sun and moon around the sky in a chariot, or something like that (!).
    Now Nightmare Moon is tempted by Sauron, who does his thing (image of him riding a magical pony will not go away) in order to reclaim his masters 'Moon Base', and she gets corrupted, driven mad by desire to dominate all…
    You know what? This isn't working. Tell me about the other one.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-31 at 09:31 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #861

Celestia. She's the 'Good Pony' in that story that pulls the sun.

If neither is acceptable, I could go with the less 'mythological' 'Mane' characters. They have magic powers that stem from the 'Elements of Harmony' which, when combined, make friendship. Each 'Mane' Pony represents one portion of the Elements,

Loyalty - Represented by Rainbow Dash
    Honesty - Represented by Apple Jack
    Generosity - Represented by Rarity
    Kindness - Represented by Fluttershy
    Laughter - Represented by Pinkie Pie
    Magic - Represented by Twilight Sparkle

Edit:In case you couldn't tell, yes the title is Literal; Frienship IS magic.
    Last edited by doliest; 2011-05-31 at 09:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

Celestia. She's the 'Good Pony' in that story that pulls the sun.
    Sorry, I'm not feeling the whole 'pulling the sun' thing. We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

If neither is acceptable, I could go with the less 'mythological' 'Mane' characters. They have magic powers that stem from the 'Elements of Harmony' which, when combined, make friendship.
    ... Twilight Sparkle?
    That's...
    Anyway, so hang on. What exactly are these ponies? Archetypes? Anthromorphic personifications? Universal constants? Immortals? Regular ponies who happen to be born with extranormal cpabilities? Bad Acid-dreams?
    I don't believe in the power of friendship, so lets ignore that.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-31 at 09:51 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #863

They're (By Pony Standards) perfectly normal, if exceptionally skilled ponies.

Or, they were. With the exception of the Twilight Sparkle, they were just the local 'best' of Ponyville, with Applejack running the local farm with her famly, Rainbow Dash being the pegasus that cleared away the clouds(don't worry, no myth there-she just dispells them by flying through them) Rarity was the best looking(well, YMMV) and amazing when it came to fashion, Fluttershy was great with animals, and Pinkie Pie was...Pinkie Pie.

Then Twilight Sparkle was sent to help prepare for a massive festival celebrating the day/sun. She was the only one who realized the phrophecy of doom fortold Nightmare's return on this day, and was desprately researching the 'Elements of Harmony' trying to figure out what they were and how to use them to stop Nightmare. However, Celestia sent her to 'Ponyville' to make friends and not focus so much on the Phrophecy and books. So, the phrophecy happened and Nightmare returned. Twilight and the others went into the forest to find the Elements, becoming friends in the process.

Long story short, they find them, but the sixth element, magic, wouldn't appear until Twilight, who would bear magic, realized the others were her friends, triggering, well, magic. The six ponies are now the embodiement of their traits, being, basically, exemplars/avatars of their nature. The only one given true power, at least as far as I've gotten, is Twilight Sparkle, who has gained, well, magic.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

24. - Top - End - #864

Twilight Sparkle already had magic. It is clearly defined as her special skill via her cutie mark. So Twilight didn't gain anything either.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #865

But she wasn't getting new powers like she does in the show; see Teleportation.

So, if nothing else, it's acclerating her power growth.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

Long story short, they find them, but the sixth element, magic, wouldn't appear until Twilight, who would bear magic, realized the others were her friends, triggering, well, magic. The six ponies are now the embodiement of their traits, being, basically, exemplars/avatars of their nature. The only one given true power, at least as far as I've gotten, is Twilight Sparkle, who has gained, well, magic.
    I try not to say no. But since this is just a joke, I can do so without any guilt.
    This has several problems. The first one, it really doesn't mesh with the themes of the game. Cyclic history, inevitability, and all that is a big part, where as the 'We learned a lesson, we can beat anything if we are together' style kinda works against that. I'd say the same if you suggested Kingdom hearts or whatever.
    See, there is about to be a war that could end the world, and can only be won by sacrifice. And I mean sacrifice, not one character losing their powers.
    All the best stories have that. It's nothing to avoid. Take Jesus. No power of friendship there, one of his closest friends betrayed him, he was dragged away, and he died in the most horrible way possible. Remember, he still triumphed, and a huge ammount of the world still follows his example. Or Take lord of The Rings. The power of Friendship is there, and to a nice extent rather then somehow allowing one to fly, but it's not what wins the war, and the party is broken up by the first book.
    Tossing characters from that sort of setting in seems a little cruel.
    So here is the deal:
    I'll let you play them, but only if said darkness in the prophecy is actually the return of Ancalagon the Black, which would certainly bring about a return of shadow, in that he blots out the sky. Of course, we'd have to reinvent all the characters a bit and figure out something of an alternative explanation for them. The other option? I can replace Nightmare Moon with Lord Foul the Despair.
    Lord Foul is basically... well. The most epic deconstruction ever. It makes Game of Thrones seem a light hearted romp.
    To understand it, do the following. You start with the world of the Smurfs. Everyone is nice and cheery and has happiness all the time, and can barely even concieve of violence. You then remove the main harmless badguy, and replace it with a cross between Sauron and Darkseid.
    And then you summon the hero from another world. Only instead of Ashley Williams or whatever, or even a mild-mannered ordinary guy you get a self-loathing sociopath dying of Leprosy, who rapes a girl by chapter five.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-05-31 at 10:18 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #867

...As awesome as that (Plus Ponies!) is, I'll have to...say no.
    Not...Not at all.
    However, I am happy to know you still have the power to terrify me Cracklord..and not just because I heard all of that in my mind beng read by AM. It means I'm still vaguely human.

Edit:But yeah, you're right. Ponies doesn't really fit the theme. Or setting. Or Power Level(the ponies, even the normal ones, kind of overpower most characters.)

Edit 2.0:Also, were it anyone else DMing, I'd say yes. Yes, I'd be happy to play Twilight in that, as it's how she treats Nightmare's return anyway, you scare me. Immensly. Like, to an Ungodly degree. To quote Anderson

'Serve the lord with fear, and rejoyce with trembling,' That's my opinion of you. So, unfortunately, no magical pony. You monster.
    Last edited by doliest; 2011-05-31 at 10:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Edit:But yeah, you're right. Ponies doesn't really fit the theme. Or setting. Or Power Level(the ponies, even the normal ones, kind of overpower most characters.)
    Shame. Ah well, lets just pretend this never happened then.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #869

I manage to get Edits in just as you post. It's a weird world we live in, oh Lord of Crack.

But yeah, we'll pretend this never happened. I'll wait for the next Twilight game instead.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

Hence Allecia and Pellew getting out of Dodge while they can. Though seeing Allecia the reformed Demon try to debate with Rahl would have been interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2