New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Keep on the Shadowfell

"COME BACK HERE!" Mukesh yells out as he charges after the priest. Even with seeing Mertes drop next to him, Mukesh continues with his charge against the wyrm priest

Spoiler
    Show

Move action: move to i-10
    standard action: charge attack to i-6 hoping that it isn't a pit trap
    attack (1d20+6)[13]
    damage (1d10+4)[8]
    Minor action: none

2. - Top - End - #1232

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    There seems to be a problem with me not seeing my post. So here is another post to try to make it show up

3. - Top - End - #1233

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Realized that I forgot a +1 from charging. And I still can't see my posts.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Dwarf in the Playground

After seeing the Wyrmpriest disappear into the underbrush, Arjhan decides that while wearing his plate armor, there is no effective way for him to chase down the Kobold. He says to the others, "Go after the beast, I will stay here to make sure nothing happens to either the chest or Douven. Rat too, will be under my protection."

Then he readies himself to defend the two men and the box.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: all out defense
    Move: to L12
    Minor: none

http://beta.ditzie.com/4f5b95ec90f10
    Crit rules run RAW in my games, now and forever, Amen.

Dankeschön, domo arigatou, merci beaucoup, and infinite thanks to Ceika for the superb Galadriel avatar.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zimelda sees that Arjhan can defend the two men and the box, and she heads up the path, avoiding the caltrops, looking for more traps (but not finding any). Her hatred bubbles to the surface, and she charges the last kobold too:

Spoiler
    Show

Move: to K9
    Minor: Check for traps (none)
    Standard: Charge to k6, MBA vs Wyrmpriest: (1d20+4)[14](18), (1d8+4)[5] damage

6. - Top - End - #1236

The Wyrmpriest, rocked by multiple attacks, manages to remain on his feet. He backs away, bends down adjacent to the pit, and with his last bit of strength, spits another glob of acid down at Mertes, who just finished stabilizing the stone: and with his last bit of strength, spits another glob of acid at Mukesh:

Spoiler
    Show
    Wyrmpriest energy orb vs Mertes reflex - (1d20+6)[16] really vs Mukesh reflex of 12
    (1d10+3)[5] damage
    Unused Roll
    Spoiler
    Show

vulnerable arms - (1d20)[4] vs 17 for 2 additional damage if hit

The acid splatters across Mukesh, but he remains strong.

The kobold then kneels down, and holds the point of its spear to its own neck. "Si majak svern," it grunts, its eyes fierce and defiant.

Current Map: http://beta.ditzie.com/x/4f6739e65d384

draconic
    Spoiler
    Show
    i give up
    Last edited by Snowbody; 2012-05-03 at 10:16 PM. Reason: draconic

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zimelda glares at the Wyrmpriest... but lowers her mace. "Let us not be too hasty, my scaley opponent..." she purrs, softening her glare and tilting her head slightly to the side. She knows the creature can't understand a word she's saying, but she hopes her tone will put it more at ease. "I applaud your valor, and determination not to fall into enemy hands," she muses, admiration audible in her words. "Few foes would have the gall to end their own lives, rather than fall to the enemy. Bravo..." she smirks.

"Come, let us end this petty violence, and speak like proper, civilized creatures," she states, raising a hand to her mouth and pantomiming a speaking gesture.

She then looks over to Mertes, and asks: "Can you remain standing much longer? I'd heal you, but he may take it as a sign of aggression..." she explains.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Mertes
    The goliath look up undaunted and say, nearly yelling as he is quite pissed off at the enemies,
    "Heal me and knock out that moron before he try to kills himself, dont give him the time."

Spoiler
    Show
    BTW, there is something I dont understand. HOw can the wyrmpriest still be beside the hole if he backs away to prevent OA? From what I understand, Zimelda and Mukesh both charged it on each side of the hole (J6 and K6)
    To stay adjacent to the hole and do a ranged attack on me, it would at least provoke one OA (shift to one of the side and face one of my allies). If he shift away, well he should not be able to see the square I am in (10 feet deep)
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2012-03-19 at 09:05 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Mertes
    The goliath, pissed off at the kobold, start to climb out as he sees it move out of sight. As he end outside and sees the kobold he close onto him and say,
    "Your life doesnt matter to me leezard!"
    Gripping his axe in two hands, and swing upward from the ground to force the kobold to back away form his spear, and mostly make sure he doesnt nail it himself with the impact of his attack. As the weapon get close, Mertes tilt his axe head a little to make sure he doesnt kill it. It isnt that he cares for the enemy life, but if they can catch him alive, they might get information out of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor : Sustain endurance
    Move : Climb out of the pit and close onto the kobold (I assume he simply shifted one, so I move where he was standing before (J5), climb check (1D20+10)[11] or (1D20+10)[21] (Use best)
    Standard : Howling strike on Wyrmpriest (Non-leathal)
    Attack on Wyrmpriest : (1D20+6)[24]
    Hit : (1D12+4)[16] + (1D6)[1] damages

Mertes Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP :...8/33...TEMP HP :...0
    Surge Value :...8
    Surge left/surge per day :...10/12
    AC:...16...FORT:...16... REF:...13...WILL:...13...
    Main Hand : Life-Ender (Greataxe)
    Off Hand : Life-Ender (Greataxe)
    Powers :
    Howling Strike
    Pressing Strike

Action point (0/1)
    Second Wind
    Resurgent Strike
    Oath of enmity
    Stone Endurance
    Swift Charge

Swift Panther Rage
    Items powers:

Consumables :

Effects from Mertes :
    Sustain endurance (Minor)

Effects on Mertes :
    - Vulnerable Arms: each time he is hit, roll a d20 and on a 17 or higher, he takes an additional 2 damage. This damage is not affected by Stone Endurance or THP; it always deducts from real HP.
    Wrenched Arms: -2 to any attack or skill check involving use of his arms, unless he sustained endurance via a minor action earlier in the turn, or uses an AP during the turn. If he stops sustaining, DC 10 is necessary to resume.
    Bloodied

Items Carried/Owned :

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide armor
    Backpack
    Bedroll
    Flint and steel
    Beltpouch
    Sunrod (1)
    Rations (10 days)
    50' hempen rope
    Waterskin
    Greataxe (named Life-Ender)
    Javelin (4/4)
    Dagger
    Waterskin With Deputy commissioning papers inside.
    Rager Belt (Magical)
    Gnome Daggers (2/2)

Wealth :
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 GP
    5 SP

Group Wealth :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agrid Daggers
    65 GP (Agrid gold)
    13 SP
    Bag containing various Townsfolk items.

XP : 768
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2012-03-19 at 09:04 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1240

The Wyrmpriest, expecting an attack from Mukesh or Zimelda, is completely surprised as the barbarian surges out of the pit and delivers a solid blow to the head. The kobold is unconscious.

--COMBAT OVER--

(Assuming you search the bodies)

All together, the kobolds have 5 gp and 23 sp (total 7.3 gp) between them. All their weapons are mundane and battered, and probably couldn't be sold. One of the kobolds has an interesting-looking red scabbard attached to his belt, and the Wyrmpriest has a necklace upon which dangles a dragon figurine carved of obsidian, on a circular base, with a figure of a skull with ram's horns etched on the bottom. Looks like that might be worth something too.

DC 10 religion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's the symbol of Orcus, Demon Prince of Undeath.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Mertes
    Looking around the battlefield for more enemies, Mertes quickly calm himself, contrasting quite a lot with his wild combat frenzy,
    "Dont worry Zimelda, I kept it alive. We will be able to interrogate him."
    Mertes check out the bodies for loot, but also for some other clues that might help him learn more about these kobold.
    "On thing is sure, these probably have some link with the other enemies we faced before. They use the same foul magic... the 'rush' thing. It cannot be a simple coincidence."
    Mertes move his shoulder muscles in cricles, trying to ease some pain and say,
    "Should we rest and inspect these items, they look of good quality and might be magical. I'd like some more of your efficient healing Zimelda if possible. The day may be long and we should heal our wounds corretly."

Spoiler
    Show
    When I search the bodies, I look for some more information (possible marks/tatoos, hidden stuff)
    Perception : (1D20+7)[19]
    When Mertes check the symbol he try to identify it
    Religion : (1D20+5)[11] (to see if I can read spoiler above)

I think we should manage our ressources to the maximum at this point (we just started the day). I dont thnk we are in real hurry anymore (now that Douven is saved). And since we plan to go fight the kobold, trying to saves healing surges might be a good idea. SO we should use Zimelda healing bonuses as much as we can. (that is my opinion).

If we can take a short rest, I'd like to check for magic on the scabard and identify it.

12. - Top - End - #1242

Mertes finds the kobolds marked with the same mark as before--a stylized kobold with one arm looking strange. Brings to mind the "Clan of the Arm" that Captain Kelfem had mentioned.

(Assuming everyone's okay with a short rest)

The scabbard is magical -- any sword sheathed in it for 6 hours is enchanted with a residual enchantment that allows the wielder to do extra damage on the next hit, once per day. (Ruby Scabbard, level 1 item) It will resize itself to accomodate any sword.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Dwarf in the Playground

After hearing the shouts and sounds of fighting quiet down, Arjhan sheaths his sword and turns to Douven and Rat.

"Rat, help Douven walk, please." he says. Then he stoops to pick up the chest and moves towards the rest of the party.

"OI! Is everyone alright?" he shouts ahead.

Dankeschön, domo arigatou, merci beaucoup, and infinite thanks to Ceika for the superb Galadriel avatar.

14. - Top - End - #1244

Rat drags himself out of the hole, groaning and clutching his head. He seems a little queasy. "C'mon," he calls to Douven, offering his hand. Douven limps right by him like he's not there. "Uhh...okay, so you're still mad, I get that, but you heard the dragonborn." Douven keeps dragging himself up the path unassisted. "Mr... Arjhan is it? He won't let me...ahh bust it..." He hustles in front of Douven and starts checking the path for traps.

15. - Top - End - #1245

BlueKnightGuy

"You can do it, Rat. Prove how strong you are. That was kind of amazing, Mertes. I did not know that you had it in you." Mukesh pats Mertes on the back.

"But you guys can search these people, I still don't really know what you guys are searching for. I will go and look for any more traps." Mukesh will give the group a chance to search the bodies as he walks around the area looking for traps. When ever he finds one, Mukesh will grab a heavy rock and throw it into the trap.

Spoiler
    Show

perception to find traps (1d20+8)[12]

16. - Top - End - #1246

Mukesh finds another set of caltrops further down the trail and smashes them.

Rat comes into view of the scene. "Whoah, those things sure are ugly. Someone gonna tie it up? And if it's gonna spit any more acid, I'm not gettin' near it."

Douven appears to be following a meandering path so he doesn't walk on any part of the forest floor that Rat searched.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Mertes
    The goliath give a wicked smile and a wink to Mukesh,
    "From the look on the kobold face, he didnt expect it either."
    The goliath pull out his rope and tie the kobolds hands behind its back.

After the short rest, Mertes throw the scabbard to Arhjan,
    "As I thought, this is magical. It may be usefull to you, to enchant your weapon a little. I'll let you do the interrogation Zimelda. I am sure you know how to do it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Added XP to my count.

Added the GP/SP to the group loot.

Mertes Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP :...8/33...TEMP HP :...0
    Surge left/surge per day :...10/12
    Powers :
    Howling Strike
    Pressing Strike

Action point (0/1)
    Second Wind
    Resurgent Strike
    Oath of enmity
    Stone Endurance
    Swift Charge

Swift Panther Rage
    Items powers:

Consumables :

Effects from Mertes :

Effects on Mertes :
    - Vulnerable Arms: each time he is hit, roll a d20 and on a 17 or higher, he takes an additional 2 damage. This damage is not affected by Stone Endurance or THP; it always deducts from real HP.
    Wrenched Arms: -2 to any attack or skill check involving use of his arms, unless he sustained endurance via a minor action earlier in the turn, or uses an AP during the turn. If he stops sustaining, DC 10 is necessary to resume.
    Bloodied

Items Carried/Owned :

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide armor
    Backpack
    Bedroll
    Flint and steel
    Beltpouch
    Sunrod (1)
    Rations (10 days)
    50' hempen rope
    Waterskin
    Javelin (4/4)
    Dagger
    Rager Belt (Magical)
    Gnome Daggers (2/2)

Wealth :
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 GP
    5 SP

Group Wealth :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agrid Daggers
    65 GP (Agrid gold)
    5 GP
    36 SP

XP : 928
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2012-03-20 at 07:31 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1248

Mukesh also successfully drops a rock on the other pit trap on the path.

The kobold's hands are bound. Looks like he'll come around in a few minutes, or sooner if someone heals him.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Setting down the chest, Arjhan picks up the magical scabbard and hooks it to his belt. There will be time to examine it later.

"Unfortunately, it appears as though this wretch cannot speak common. Though I take no pleasure in it, this means that I will have to lead the interrogation, unless anyone else can speak Draconic?"

"Zimelda, you still pose an intimidating figure. I will speak to him, when he comes around, but if you please, when I indicate you to him, bare your teeth, and as best you can, attempt to hiss the phrase, "malrak persvek sia gixic."

"That will surely turn his scales green."
    Last edited by tedthehunter; 2012-03-20 at 11:30 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1250

"All I know how to say is 'suorra si shilta majak wux vi bensvelk tairais,' but I don't think that will help here," says Rat. He adds a healthy amount of charm and sultriness to the phrase in Draconic.

draconic
    Spoiler
    Show
    baby i can give you a good time
    Last edited by Snowbody; 2012-05-04 at 12:59 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

Mertes
    The goliath look at rat and ask him,
    "What do you know about the kobolds? Were they allied with the gnome and undead thing we fought at the camp?"

22. - Top - End - #1252

"Didn't I say this before? Augh, I don't know anything for sure, the gnome seemed to really hate and fear them, but we all know he's a liar, and I'm pretty sure the kobolds were resupplying us at the dig site. Never saw any of them before now, other than the foot that one time."

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Right, I will aid you momentarily, Mertes. My energies are a bit low at this moment. In the meantime..." Zimelda replies, idly walking over to one of the fallen kobolds. She proceeds to lift up her right foot, and smash her steel-booted heel down into its dead mouth. She then kneels down and picks up all the broken, bloody teeth rent from its maw.

And then she proceeds to casually repeat this process on all the other dead creatures. "Certainly, Arjhan. I can provide that assistance, with pleasure," she cheerfully answers the Dragonborn while going about her macabre task. "Might I ask what it means?"

She quirks a brow at Rat, and frowns. "Spare me your translation though. I think I can guess it..."

Once she's done harvesting lizard teeth, she walks back over to Mertes and pats him on the shoulder. "Hold still..." she says. Her hands begin to glow with purple light, and she passes on healing energy into the Goliath's body.

Spoiler
    Show

Spending my Short Rest casually collecting fangs.

Healing Word on Mertes: He spends a Healing Healing surge and gets an extra (1d6+3)[4] HP.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-03-20 at 11:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arjhan explains to Zimelda the meaning of the Draconic phrase, "It means, "forever in my claws". Surface creatures almost universally fear and hate dark elves, and I'm betting that this one here is no exception. I don't know about kobold superstitions, but I'm sure that their tales of the Drow aren't much different from the rest of ours. Basically, I'm going to be telling him that if he doesn't divulge any pertinent information, that I'll be leaving his fate to you. So until I indicate you, just stand there and count your teeth or something. Anything threatening would be effective. Please note that this means if he does give us some information, I will not be handing him over to you."

Arjhan addresses the party, "When he comes to, why don't you all just do your best to look angry. Shouldn't be too hard, eh?"

"Also, Zimelda, do try your best to really hiss it at him. I got the sense that this one had a weak spot for theatrics, what with his acid spitting and shouting and whatnot."

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zimelda frowns. "So I do not get to have my way with him if he gives up his secrets? Pity..." she pouts.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    Zimelda releive Mertes of some of his pain. The goliath flex his muscles a little to test the healing. He still feel a little sore, but at least he isnt in a precarious position anymore.
    "I dont want to make you use up al your quota of sweet caresses, but I could use some more of your divine healing.", add Mertes with a smile and giving the loth cleric a wink.
    "It can wait a little, as you need to balance your karma with playing with the kobold fears. But it would be nice to get some more treatment before we move out."
    As Arhjan suggest we act treathningly, Mertes simply sit beside the tied up kobold, and start sharpening his axe while looking at the kobold. He doesnt even have to act, as he really intent to kill the kobold when they are done. It will sure need a very good argument to stop him from doing so, this can be read plainly in his eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zimelda heal Mertes 12 HP.

Mertes Status
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP :...20/33...TEMP HP :...0
    Surge left/surge per day :...9/12
    Powers :
    Howling Strike
    Pressing Strike

Action point (0/1)
    Second Wind
    Resurgent Strike
    Oath of enmity
    Stone Endurance
    Swift Charge

Swift Panther Rage
    Items powers:

Consumables :

Effects from Mertes :

Effects on Mertes :
    Bloodied

Items Carried/Owned :

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide armor
    Backpack
    Bedroll
    Flint and steel
    Beltpouch
    Sunrod (1)
    Rations (10 days)
    50' hempen rope
    Waterskin
    Javelin (4/4)
    Dagger
    Rager Belt (Magical)
    Gnome Daggers (2/2)

Wealth :
    Spoiler
    Show
    1 GP
    5 SP

Group Wealth :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agrid Daggers
    65 GP (Agrid gold)
    5 GP
    36 SP

XP : 928
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2012-03-21 at 08:15 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1257

Zimelda collects 5 sets of kobold teeth from the corpses (3 dragonshields, 1 minion, 1 skirmisher).

The kobold groans and seems about to wake up.

He'll have 1HP; any attack will drop him.
    Last edited by Snowbody; 2012-03-21 at 03:36 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright everyone, we're going to make a bit of a show about this. Don't speak directly to him unless I indicate you." Arjhan prepares himself to interrogate the poor kobold.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zimelda turns to Mertes and grins. She reaches up, and gently strokes his face in a very delicate manner. "Who says I cannot indulge in the delightful act of sweet caresses every now and again?" she purrs. Purple light flickers between her fingertips, and Mertes' injuries further heal themselves. Her then pokes him on the tip of the nose, and grins wickedly. "I simply prefer sadism of sweetness."

She then looks back to Arjhan, and nods. "I am prepared."

30. - Top - End - #1260

The wyrmpriest groans and slowly rises to its feet. It looks around and sees Mertes sharpening his axe for the upcoming execution off to the side, and Arjhan, Mukesh, and Zimelda directly in front. Rat and Douven are over by the path.

" Wux tira ti jihai sia ' si majak svern ', svaklar ui dout tiichi ?" it asks, mockingly. Then it rears back and breathes another wide spray of acid at the adventurers:
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragon Breath (standard; encounter) * Acid
    Close blast 3; +6 vs. Fortitude; 1d10 + 3 acid damage. Miss:
    Half damage.
    attack vs Arjhan fort - (1d20+6)[6](12) vs 15, for (1d10+3)[8] damage, half on miss
    attack vs Mukesh fort - (1d20+6)[1](7) vs 15, for (1d10+3)[8] damage one damage roll for all
    attack vs Zimelda fort - (1d20+6)[8](14) vs 13, for (1d10+3)[6] damage one damage roll for all

The acid stings their skin. (4 damage to Arjhan, 4 damage to Mukesh, 8 damage to Zimelda)

Rat calls out "Told you so! Shut that thing's mouth quick!"

draconic
    Spoiler
    Show
    you did not accept my ' i give up ', where is your honor?
    Last edited by Snowbody; 2012-05-04 at 01:00 AM.