New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP #28: Come Taste the Rainbow!

It doesn't say what the operation is. Maybe they were sewn together at the hip and that's why the wedding is so notable.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was watching 60 Minutes last night, and they had an interesting segment that I think relates at least tangentially to our discussions here.

I don't have a link unfortunately, but those looking for more information could probably find it easily.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The segment was a report about tests of infant morality. They studied hundreds of infants, ages 3 months to five months, to see if they had any predispositions to morality or immorality (basically, "good" or "bad").

The first experiment was to see if infants could recognize nice and mean behavior, and which they preferred. They showed infants a puppet show where one stuffed animal (a tiger) was trying to open a box, while two other stuffed animals (dogs), identical save for the color of the shirt they wore, watched. First, one of the dogs helped the tiger open the box. Then, the scene replayed, but the other dog slammed the box shut while the tiger tried to open it. When the infants were offered both dogs to play with, over 80% of them chose the helpful/"nice" dog over the "mean" dog.

So, chalk one up for the good of humanity! Our natural instinct, at least so far, appears that we prefer those who treat others kindly!

The next experiment was very similar, but started differently. In it, the tiger was playing ball with two bunnies. One bunny played, passing the ball like it was suppose to, but the other kept the ball, then ran away. Then, the first experiment repeated, except it was the mean bunny that was trying to open the box. The result was that, once again over 80%, the infants preferred the "mean" dog, the one who slams the box shut, when the person trying to open it was mean themselves.

That's another point! A basic form of justice, where we feel mean people should be punished!

But it's not all good news. The last experiment is the one that's most relevant here: first, they offered the infant a choice between two snacks: Cheerios, and graham crackers. Then, they showed two cats, one eating Cheerios, and the other graham crackers. Then, the first experiment again, with the cat who prefered the snack the infant didn't trying to open the box. The result (this time I believe it was 87%) was that the children prefered the "mean" dog, hinting that they wanted the person who was different from them punished.

So, that could hint that bigotry, the dislike of those who are different or "other," is as much a part of our core as generosity and justice.

Also, YAY for Laura! Coming out is always tough, but it's so nice when it goes well! Also, please videotape the reaction your other friend has when and if he finds out. I'm sure many of us here would giggle hysterically when we see that!

In other news, my sister will be coming home from college in a few days, and so I'm going to talk to her about what's going on. Hopefully she'll take it well...

~Phoenix~
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    It doesn't say what the operation is. Maybe they were sewn together at the hip and that's why the wedding is so notable.
    I was more confused at a gay man marrying a woman.
    Jude P.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Aaaand that, right there, is why I got "doesn't recognise homosexuality is a thing" in that test all those years ago.
    If he fell for her when she was presenting as male, or even just when she was strongly physically male, does her coming out as a woman negate his self-identity as a gay man? Does his retaining that identity oppose her identity as a woman?
    I have no answers, and I think a lot of it depends on a whole lot of questions of biology and attraction and their impact on sexuality that we just don't have.

5. - Top - End - #1055

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Aaaand that, right there, is why I got "doesn't recognise homosexuality is a thing" in that test all those years ago.
    If he fell for her when she was presenting as male, or even just when she was strongly physically male, does her coming out as a woman negate his self-identity as a gay man? Does his retaining that identity oppose her identity as a woman?
    I have no answers, and I think a lot of it depends on a whole lot of questions of biology and attraction and their impact on sexuality that we just don't have.
    Oooh. That they might have met before her transition hadn't occurred to me. If that were the case, I'm impressed that it seems to have worked out well for them.
    Jude P.

6. - Top - End - #1056

Even if that wasn't the case, and she was presenting as female, can we be sure he wasn't picking up on male cues or pheromones or something like that? Or maybe he's just homoflexible - 99% of the people he fancies are men, and this is the 1% exception.
    Or, maybe, he was mistaken, and he's actually bi.

7. - Top - End - #1057

Even if that wasn't the case, and she was presenting as female, can we be sure he wasn't picking up on male cues or pheromones or something like that? Or maybe he's just homoflexible - 99% of the people he fancies are men, and this is the 1% exception.
    I don't want to question somebody's sexual identity. That gets iffy. I was confused by the wording and thought the article might be mixing things up.
    Jude P.

8. - Top - End - #1058

Eh, I'm just musing.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    I don't have a link unfortunately, but those looking for more information could probably find it easily.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The segment was a report about tests of infant morality. They studied hundreds of infants, ages 3 months to five months, to see if they had any predispositions to morality or immorality (basically, "good" or "bad").

The first experiment was to see if infants could recognize nice and mean behavior, and which they preferred. They showed infants a puppet show where one stuffed animal (a tiger) was trying to open a box, while two other stuffed animals (dogs), identical save for the color of the shirt they wore, watched. First, one of the dogs helped the tiger open the box. Then, the scene replayed, but the other dog slammed the box shut while the tiger tried to open it. When the infants were offered both dogs to play with, over 80% of them chose the helpful/"nice" dog over the "mean" dog.

So, chalk one up for the good of humanity! Our natural instinct, at least so far, appears that we prefer those who treat others kindly!

The next experiment was very similar, but started differently. In it, the tiger was playing ball with two bunnies. One bunny played, passing the ball like it was suppose to, but the other kept the ball, then ran away. Then, the first experiment repeated, except it was the mean bunny that was trying to open the box. The result was that, once again over 80%, the infants preferred the "mean" dog, the one who slams the box shut, when the person trying to open it was mean themselves.

That's another point! A basic form of justice, where we feel mean people should be punished!

But it's not all good news. The last experiment is the one that's most relevant here: first, they offered the infant a choice between two snacks: Cheerios, and graham crackers. Then, they showed two cats, one eating Cheerios, and the other graham crackers. Then, the first experiment again, with the cat who prefered the snack the infant didn't trying to open the box. The result (this time I believe it was 87%) was that the children prefered the "mean" dog, hinting that they wanted the person who was different from them punished.

So, that could hint that bigotry, the dislike of those who are different or "other," is as much a part of our core as generosity and justice.
    I remember seeing that study too, but I didn't catch the last experiment. I'm not all too surprised, children are afraid (Or flat out hate) things they don't know about. My sister hated airplanes with a passion, not out of any fear of heights ir the like, but out of not knowing how they worked. When I explained the engines and the processes an airplane runs to fly she quickly got over it. Same thing for when a child is afraid of the dark. This of course spreads over to bigotry towards others when a child is presented with something not within their knowledge of "good". Also, I really need to stop reasing this thread when i'm looking forward to careers, I keep getting depressed over all the disapproval (I think hate's too strong of a word) for bankers/lawyers/etc.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Oh right of course I didn't even think of that.
    And the solution to the bisexual but monogamous paradox is found.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

o/ Tychris.

There's a recognisable term for it - neophobia. It's why things like mouse traps often take several days before they catch anything. Mice are instinctively afraid of things they don't recognise or are new to them. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a similar trait in humans.

Doesn't excuse people from being jerks though.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ettin in the Playground

Of course not, i'm just saying it's not all too surprising. It's a decent enough excuse for someones first time, but when you've spent enough time i'd expect a person to be able to adjust.

Must... Resist.... Making a "Of Mice and Men" pun.....
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

could it be that the sentence is a mixup of terms where they mean a homosexual and a transgendered woman (i.e. now a man becuase of the operation) are married? (it would make sense in both the result and the easiest mistake to make).

bit still yeah, it's confusing... but that happens when gender and transgender are involved. Simple arithmetic becomes algebra... (no offense meant)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Lena - glad coming out went so well and hope it continues to do so!

@ Phoenix - hope things with your sister go ok

Update on me:

Spoiler
    Show
    I've been doing... ok, I guess. Really unmotivated and stuck with a great sense of ennui - for instance I've been meaning to post an update for the last week here but just haven't been able to.

I think my Dad may have found out my GF and I have split, which will require some explaining. He's coming here middle of next month so that will be the time I think - will have to talk to my brother beforehand and try and figure something out.

Got the number for an endo as well, but haven't called them yet. I dunno, just feeling really uncertain at the moment - like I won't pass or I should wait or something. Still going to electrolysis and therapy, but just can't seem to find the time or energy to go the next step (still need to find someone to do throat surgery etc).

On a cheerier note, some more fashion pics (not the best but I was in a rush and pretty sick):

Spoiler
    Show

Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP #28: Come Taste the Rainbow!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    This Zinia Jones article might be fitting right now: Being an abomination is pretty great.
    Applause for Zinnia, that was a very fun video. Go Abominations!*

I have long wondered why natural and normal have become cornerstones of acceptability in so many cultures. Since before we were the lone human species on the at-the-time unnamed planet, we were diverting from our ancestral nature and the customs of our peers. When the planet was named Gaea, we wore woven cloth where fur once was, shaped rocks to monuments of our accomplishments and formed tribes larger than any other mammal. When continents met, we travelled across the seas on artificial leviathans, sent heavy iron roaring through the air for our combat and lighted the sky with colour for our celebrations. In just the few centuries since, we have harnessed lightning itself, the power of medicine and broken the cage of our atmosphere. All by rejecting the conventions of old and further bending nature, and these peeps want us to stop here? At the gates of brighter futures still? O_o

Ahem, sorry. Just got back from a physics' lesson about the history of electricity. A bit sparked about science right now, sorry for bolting into a storm of words. ^_^'

*Does that make us a sports' team? Did I miss the team-layout memo? ._.

While this is purely a hypothetical; I believe the answer may lie in demisexuality. So far, the terminology can be a bit constricting in that anything between attraction to no members of gender X and attraction to all members of it will identify a person as bisexual, rather than homosexual or heterosexual. But I propose that it may be that, in at least some cases, the subject may experience something similar to demisexuality. They are not physically attracted to gender X by default, but a strong connection may result in it, akin to how someone can be asexual and yet still develop attraction through very strong emotional ties. This would avoid the binary that one is either solely attracted to one gender, or (near) equally attracted to both. Just as demisexual is regarded as a subset of asexuality, this could be regarded as a subset of the sexuality in question.

Or, in less wordy words; The exception proves the rule. In the original sense of "that this specific instance is an exception proves that the rule applies in general" :3

Purely my own musing in regards to this case, but it seems a useful concept in a lot of cases. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    I remember seeing that study too, but I didn't catch the last experiment. I'm not all too surprised, children are afraid (Or flat out hate) things they don't know about. My sister hated airplanes with a passion, not out of any fear of heights ir the like, but out of not knowing how they worked. When I explained the engines and the processes an airplane runs to fly she quickly got over it. Same thing for when a child is afraid of the dark. This of course spreads over to bigotry towards others when a child is presented with something not within their knowledge of "good". Also, I really need to stop reasing this thread when i'm looking forward to careers, I keep getting depressed over all the disapproval (I think hate's too strong of a word) for bankers/lawyers/etc.
    If it helps, a lot of my family members work in law and I like them. My parent's sibling is even a lawyer, and is no worse than anybody else in the family. ^_^

Also like my banker, such a nice person. That is an exception, though, most of them are actually supervillains. They rob other banks to confuse Batgirl.

Sorry, bad joke again. Bankers are no less worthy of approval than any other person, it is an important job. :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    o/ Tychris.

There's a recognisable term for it - neophobia. It's why things like mouse traps often take several days before they catch anything. Mice are instinctively afraid of things they don't recognise or are new to them. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a similar trait in humans.

Doesn't excuse people from being jerks though.
    We do. As far as I know, it is a result of caution being more likely to aid survival than carelessness. Avoiding everything new may not get you to a better place, but it keeps you in the place that you have survived in thus far.

It indeed does not excuse anything, though. It is a poor solution and means you do not actually consider how to improve things, plus it relies on pre-agricultural instincts being the best solution to anything. Which is not the road of cuddly cookies and rainbow hugs. X3

EDIT:

@Zorg: *Hugs* uncertainty is never fun, particularly not when it leads to not doing anything. That usually makes me fear I am getting depressed. :<

*Extra hugs*

Those pictures look quite aesthetically pleasing to me, though. You have a great harmony of traits for showing off clothing. ^_^

Particularly like the coat, I simply must get one of those. It is so pretty. *w*
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2012-11-19 at 11:31 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks. That's reassuring to know not everyone thinks I lose my soul for wearing a suit.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Thanks. That's reassuring to know not everyone thinks I lose my soul for wearing a suit.
    I like suits, they look neat on everything from historic USA presidents, MIB agents, Slenderman and incognito Melusians. You would probably look great too! :3

Your poetic soul should be fine, unless your job becomes so melodious as to be ssoul-crushing. But that is usually because of getting an ill-fitting job, which is different for everyone. ^_^

Can't help you with the spiritual souls, though. Lost mine somewhere in a contract with this Sauron fellow. ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    @ Lena - glad coming out went so well and hope it continues to do so!
    I think that was Laura, but oh, well . I know, I get all the "L" names confused myself!

@ Phoenix - hope things with your sister go ok
    Thanks . Here's hoping!

Update on me:

Spoiler
    Show
    I've been doing... ok, I guess. Really unmotivated and stuck with a great sense of ennui - for instance I've been meaning to post an update for the last week here but just haven't been able to.

I think my Dad may have found out my GF and I have split, which will require some explaining. He's coming here middle of next month so that will be the time I think - will have to talk to my brother beforehand and try and figure something out.

Got the number for an endo as well, but haven't called them yet. I dunno, just feeling really uncertain at the moment - like I won't pass or I should wait or something. Still going to electrolysis and therapy, but just can't seem to find the time or energy to go the next step (still need to find someone to do throat surgery etc).

On a cheerier note, some more fashion pics (not the best but I was in a rush and pretty sick):

Spoiler
    Show

*Hugs for motivation* We're all here for you!

Also, you have a figure I would kill for! I like those outfits! Speaking of which, where abouts in Sydney do you live? I was going to visit soon. I have an...errand...to run

~Phoenix~
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    o/ Tychris.

Humans are actually remarkably neophilic, maybe the most neophilic species there is. That's kind of our niche.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't really know what those plushies are, but glad your coming out went well! Oh, and how did your support meeting go? Also hope coming out to your aunt goes well! Do you think she'd react badly since you say it's less likely to go well?
    Plushies
    Spoiler
    Show

I couldn't find a good picture of the plushies that I have, but this picture is a pretty good approximation Flandre's the blonde, Remilia is the bluenette

The support group was really good. Everyone there was really nice, and even though, like all groups, it seems to have its hierarchies and internal dynamics, the vast range of people along the spectrum of transition and across the range of ages and circumstances that were there seemed to help it be less of a free-for-all in pursuit of personal validation than it would be otherwise. As an aside for Zorg, one of the prettiest ladies there was about 6 feet tall, and both she and her wife were absolutely lovely people. I even got from her the name of a hairstylist who apparently does great work for trans people. I don't think I've been in a place so unabashedly optimistic and accepting in a very long time. That's not to say everyone was perfect or anything, but since I've only gone once, I don't want to rush to negative judgments like I usually do.

As far as my aunt goes, it's not that I think she'll react horribly or anything, or I wouldn't come out to her. It's just my family is reasonably religious and so I'm a little worried about what she'll think. She's one of the kindest people I know, and I can't imagine her hating me for it, but I do expect to have to clear up a lot of worry and misconceptions, and I don't know how clearly I'll be able to explain myself.

How did he figure out ahead of time, I wonder?
    Well he wasn't 100% sure, but I think from what he sort of told me it was a combination of my general non-manly aesthetic sense in ponies and plushies, always playing female characters in games and being a little uncommonly knowledgeable even for a collector of useless knowledge when trans people came up in conversations about politics and/or media. But then again, I let myself do and demonstrate those things in part with the purpose of lessening the shock when I came out to him, so I was actually happy that he wasn't surprised.
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

Also those of you that read Questionable Content should check out the latest update (spoilers):

Spoiler
    Show
    Claire just came out as trans.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do you think of Martin's response? On a scale of 1 to 5?

On a more general note, what would you want for reaction when coming out to someone? Hugs? Nod and then get on with business?

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Humans are actually remarkably neophilic, maybe the most neophilic species there is. That's kind of our niche.
    This made me think of a human utterly fascinated with meeting new people and hugging everything new. :3

Now it is an image of a pony hugging a holograph-based computer.

Thank you many times. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    Plushies
    Spoiler
    Show

I couldn't find a good picture of the plushies that I have, but this picture is a pretty good approximation Flandre's the blonde, Remilia is the bluenette

The support group was really good. Everyone there was really nice, and even though, like all groups, it seems to have its hierarchies and internal dynamics, the vast range of people along the spectrum of transition and across the range of ages and circumstances that were there seemed to help it be less of a free-for-all in pursuit of personal validation than it would be otherwise. As an aside for Zorg, one of the prettiest ladies there was about 6 feet tall, and both she and her wife were absolutely lovely people. I even got from her the name of a hairstylist who apparently does great work for trans people. I don't think I've been in a place so unabashedly optimistic and accepting in a very long time. That's not to say everyone was perfect or anything, but since I've only gone once, I don't want to rush to negative judgments like I usually do.

As far as my aunt goes, it's not that I think she'll react horribly or anything, or I wouldn't come out to her. It's just my family is reasonably religious and so I'm a little worried about what she'll think. She's one of the kindest people I know, and I can't imagine her hating me for it, but I do expect to have to clear up a lot of worry and misconceptions, and I don't know how clearly I'll be able to explain myself.
    That picture is utterly adorable, and exceptionally well drawn. The crystal-like objects around them look so real and so amazing. O_O

Congratulations on finding a great group that is so accepting. Sounds wonderful, and ressource-full! Hope the next session is even better. ^_^

I have little experience with people like that, but it sounds like your aunt will be very accepting, even if a bit confused. Hopefully you can sort out any misconceptions quickly!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

My cat approves of Laura's coming out story. And if she comes over, he will sit in my lap to make sure she understands that he was here first, and she's not to try to take me away.

― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What do you think of Martin's response? On a scale of 1 to 5?

On a more general note, what would you want for reaction when coming out to someone? Hugs? Nod and then get on with business?
    I would rather some sort of parade, follwed by dinner and dancing with Neil Patrick Harris...

But I will accept not getting clocked in the face.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    This made me think of a human utterly fascinated with meeting new people and hugging everything new. :3
    Go to a scientific conference some day. Or even better, sneak visit a laboratory some day. A good scientific laboratory is a curious mix of professional exactitude and childish exuberance.

― Tim Fargo

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

Update on me:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Very nice outfits!

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post

Now it is an image of a pony hugging a holograph-based computer.

Thank you many times. ^_^
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Technology

Go to a scientific conference some day. Or even better, sneak visit a laboratory some day. A good scientific laboratory is a curious mix of professional exactitude and childish exuberance.
    Also occasionally cursing, when the damn thing won't work properly...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

But not a lot of hugging.

speaking of which... *hugs*

And Zorg, those outfuts are so cute.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Haaah, I wish I could. But I have little idea about where to find either and barely have the time and sense of direction to go anywhere. >_<

I do love how professional scientists tend to be in blogs, though. Very much like what you just said. Except more kittens and cephalopods. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Must. Draw. This. Some. Time. O_O
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

29. - Top - End - #1079

NecromancerGuy

And now we have the My Little Pony Arcanum edition.... Friendship is Steamworks and Magic Obscura.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

30. - Top - End - #1080

Also occasionally cursing, when the damn thing won't work properly...
    "Occasionally"? I'm pretty sure every other word out of my mouth in lab is an expletive.
    Jude P.