New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,479 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop VIII: "You're Gonna have To Face It, You're Addicted To Ma

Quote Originally Posted by TheThan View Post
    Ninja Chocobo:
    I have read the codex, you realise.
    Point taken on the Lord; I'll only split him off when he's closer to the lines.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop VIII: "You're Gonna have To Face It, You're Addicted To Ma

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    I have read the codex, you realise.
    Point taken on the Lord; I'll only split him off when he's closer to the lines.
    The thing on the terminators is more of a tactical thing, also you’d be amazed how many people don’t know their own codex. I mean I’ve come across a lot of people that misconstrue “and they shall know no fear” to mean they have the fearless special rule.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Dwarf in the Playground

I might eventually pick this up within a year or two, but I have no idea what race I would pick. I have experience playing DoW though, and read a bit of a book.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Just to make sure there is no rules misinterpretation going on here - you are aware that if the Rhinos have moved, the Marines inside cannot assault anymore that turn, right? Admittedly, if he uses his smoke launchers after his first movement, that can still bring him very close to your lines and allow him to leave and potentially still assault on the subsequent turn, but Dawn of War or not, you should have at the very least one turn of good shooting at him.

Though yes, Dawn of War is horrible for shooty armies.
    Yes, I am aware of this rule. The problem was that he got first turn, which let him move his Death Company with a Reclusiarch in a Rhino into my deployment zone. His Flying Dreadnought of doom was then flew 24', while the rest of the army zoomed along at 18'. Since almost my entire army has Heavy weapons, I could not shoot on the first turn. I also tried to avoid his army by deploying my Devastators as far as I possibly could, with my Scouts acting as a screen. Yes, I did have an entire turn of shooting. But before I got to shoot, he moved 18' with his Rhino then popped smoke, and flew his Librarian Dreadnought another 24' to give it a 3+ cover save. Needless to say, I was not able to do much damage. In fact, I only ever got to stun his Rhino, and by then it was too little too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    Dawn of War is horrible for most armies. Its basically the "see how well you can do when everything is screwed up" deployment type.
    Yeah, but to be honest I feel that Assault armies are a lot less gimped by this than Shooty armies. This could be my inexperience talking though, and I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Razaele; 2010-11-15 at 01:02 AM.

Awesome avatar and siggy by Kwarkpudding

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
    Yes, I am aware of this rule. The problem was that he got first turn, which let him move his Death Company with a Reclusiarch in a Rhino into my deployment zone. His Flying Dreadnought of doom was then flew 24', while the rest of the army zoomed along at 18'. Since almost my entire army has Heavy weapons, I could not shoot on the first turn. I also tried to avoid his army by deploying my Devastators as far as I possibly could, with my Scouts acting as a screen. Yes, I did have an entire turn of shooting. But before I got to shoot, he moved 18' with his Rhino then popped smoke, and flew his Librarian Dreadnought another 24' to give it a 3+ cover save. Needless to say, I was not able to do much damage. In fact, I only ever got to stun his Rhino, and by then it was too little too late.

Yeah, but to be honest I feel that Assault armies are a lot less gimped by this than Shooty armies. This could be my inexperience talking though, and I could be wrong.

It's because he cheated. The "Flying Dreadnought of Doom" (Librarian Dread) that has cast Wings of Sanguinius can only move 12" just like any jump infantry, not bike or jetbike. Jump Infantry cannot turbo boost, although they can take a run action in lieu of shooting.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    It's because he cheated. The "Flying Dreadnought of Doom" (Librarian Dread) that has cast Wings of Sanguinius can only move 12" just like any jump infantry, not bike or jetbike. Jump Infantry cannot turbo boost, although they can take a run action in lieu of shooting.
    Wings of Sanguinius does let a biker librarian fly like a jetbike though, which is an idea for an awesome conversion but little else.

Only way to make a dreadnought fly 24" is to put him in a Storm Raven.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh dear. Well, I wouldn't say he cheated since I know him very well. He's new to the Blood Angels rules so he probably just remembered the rules wrong. Oh well, lesson learned. I think I had better start boning up on the Blood Angels Codex myself, since everyone in our local club seems to be moving from other Space Marine Codices to the Blood Angels Codex.

Awesome avatar and siggy by Kwarkpudding

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

Since we've hit the big 5-0 and the convos seem to have been concluded for the moment, new thread time!

NEW THREAD

_
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Firbolg in the Playground

aaah, new thread popped up just as I posted.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2010-11-15 at 01:05 PM.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.