New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Just. . . surprised that you find it fun, is all." Naku explains, shaking her head slightly.
    "A good battle good for your health. That all." Deepwood tried to say flatly- but there was a reason why he joined the Lunar Guard.
    He loved it. He loved the excitment- even if the paranoy made him... paranoid.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "A good battle good for your health. That all." Deepwood tried to say flatly- but there was a reason why he joined the Lunar Guard.
    He loved it. He loved the excitment- even if the paranoy made him... paranoid.
    Naku almost has to agree with that. Where she was from, a battle was technically good for your health, simply by virtue that if you kill the other thing, it can't kill you.
    "Well, I'm," Naku struggles to come up with a word. "I'm glad you find it such.
    Tell me then, if you would: what do you normally battle?"
    Naku asks, popping her knuckles before shaking her hands out.
    "And what sort of weapons, if any? I assume that pebble earlier was more simply using what you had on hand than any planned weapon."
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-04-09 at 02:49 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

[Message]

Somehow, a message for Civvy reaches her realm, preferrably by e-mail. If that's not possible, by phone message. If that's not possible either, by letter. If not even that is possible, a fat, sweaty, cigarette-smoking woman will come through the portal, carrying an audio recorder. The message is from Dale, and actually written in blue and correct english/common.
    Hey Civiron, what did you do to me? The day after I went to your realm, I woke up feeling like a different person. Even my buddies say my personality has changed. Did your cooks put something in my food or is this what the wrath of the hope goddess looks like? Either way, I'm sorry for behaving like rubbish back then, I shouldn't have done that. If it makes you happy to know, I planted the flower I took from your realm in a pot. The little fella is living a happy flower life now.
    No, Dale in fact threw it in the trash. He's just lying to genuinely be nice, and maybe get rid of the (wrongly suspected) goddess' curse.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Castle]

Kendra's expression changes slightly. Her face doesn't shift, but there's a hardness in her eyes that takes over, and they seem to smolder once more...and was that a lightning bolt that just flashed across her irises?

"It's a being from the space between dimensions; I don't know exactly which ones. On its own, it's fairly harmless, but since it's found and bonded to a host, it's particularly destructive. It calls itself 'The Devourer', which is a rather apt name, as it can envelope and eat pretty much anything, including life-force, and I would presume, magic. In my home dimension, we managed to contain it in a dimensional pocket for about a century, but it was able to slowly eat the energy that was used to create the pocket and drain the prison's power supply,"
    she explains calmly. "We know of no way to separate it from its host, and it uses the energy it gets from eating things to rapidly regenerate its host, in addition to granting him other particularly dangerous abilities, the most most potent of which that we've seen is localized gravitational manipulation. It also claims to have seen other dimensions, though I don't know which ones. I was hoping perhaps someone here in the Nexus has seen, or better, fought and possibly defeated, this entity or one similar enough that the same tactics might work, but so far I've not found much, which is why I'm here."
    Grant stopped to think a moment, scratching his head.

I've killed some things like that. A few of them. The best way to deal with things that eat life is to not come at it with normal energies. You sap them of what they are inherently which is to say, energy. You throw enough "death" or negative energy at em, it slowly cancels them out and you can kill them that way. If you're like me that means you dump a metric ton of that type of power into them. In your case... Other than hiring a big nasty death god, I'm not entirely sure how you'd do it personally but then I don't know what you're capable of.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2017-04-11 at 01:15 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95

NinjaGuy

[Castle]

Kendra's expression slowly changes to one of determination as Grant outlines what he would try.

"That...might actually work. No one in our home dimension is really able to channel a 'death' type energy. Even among those like me, there's never been anyone who used that sort of energy. I have done some research into gods, but perhaps you might know: is there anyone here in the Nexus I might be able to hire like that? Which organizations would be most likely to have someone like that in their employ?"
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2017-04-11 at 10:09 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #96

Castle

Grant raises a hand between himself and Kendra. With a dry pop and hiss what seems to be black fire bursts forth, bathing his hand, leaving it unharmed and sapping the light around it. If she listens closely, she'll hear what might be screaming eminating from the flames. After a moment Grant drops his hand to his side and the flame disappears.

I usually do this kinda thing pro bono. But if you wanted others, I'm honestly not sure who else to speak to unless you wanted to go door to door to the death cults and I wouldn't recommend that. They're usually pretty seedy and don't see why you'd want to stop the giant monstrosity killing everything. But I do have my price in this case.

He inhales and starts to list things off on his hand.

Five of whatever currency your world uses, a pizza and you need to babysit my daughter on Friday.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, animals and critters are the easiest to handle- I am talking to them. It's much easier than ponies... but usually few kicks with them, helping them think straight again. Does it sound too awful?" He has asked, always feeling not sure, how other social people would react to the fact he has preffered animals, than talking to more "intellegent' beings.

"But usually I am not so lucky.We have changlings, who enjoy taking to form of your beloved, and then feed off on your love until you are a drained shell. Sometimes, it's a chimera who simply wish to feed on pony's flash... against such creatures I usually use my bow and arrows."

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [Message]

Somehow, a message for Civvy reaches her realm, preferrably by e-mail. If that's not possible, by phone message. If that's not possible either, by letter. If not even that is possible, a fat, sweaty, cigarette-smoking woman will come through the portal, carrying an audio recorder. The message is from Dale, and actually written in blue and correct english/common.
    Hey Civiron, what did you do to me? The day after I went to your realm, I woke up feeling like a different person. Even my buddies say my personality has changed. Did your cooks put something in my food or is this what the wrath of the hope goddess looks like? Either way, I'm sorry for behaving like rubbish back then, I shouldn't have done that. If it makes you happy to know, I planted the flower I took from your realm in a pot. The little fella is living a happy flower life now.
    No, Dale in fact threw it in the trash. He's just lying to genuinely be nice, and maybe get rid of the (wrongly suspected) goddess' curse.
    Well, Civvy doesn't have email, a fact that [x]no one[/x] everyone knows. She doesn't have a phone either. But a letter is perfectly possible.
    She reads the letter, and blinks at it, fairly confused.
    "Waaaasn't me." Then she just shakes her head. "Though it's a lot harder to believe you're being truthful when you follow it up with a boldfaced lie . . ." Civvy just sighs, folds up the letter, and puts it away in a pocket somewhere.
    She then snaps her fingers, and a clipboard with a pink piece of paper with hearts on it appears in one hand, and a quill from, by the coloring, some sort of flamingo appears in her other hand.

Wasn't me that did that. I'll ask the chefs. Thank you for your apology. I hope that next time we meet it goes better for us both. Then she folds the letter, and sends it back to Dale.

"Well, animals and critters are the easiest to handle- I am talking to them. It's much easier than ponies... but usually few kicks with them, helping them think straight again. Does it sound too awful?" He has asked, always feeling not sure, how other social people would react to the fact he has preffered animals, than talking to more "intellegent' beings.

"But usually I am not so lucky.We have changlings, who enjoy taking to form of your beloved, and then feed off on your love until you are a drained shell. Sometimes, it's a chimera who simply wish to feed on pony's flash... against such creatures I usually use my bow and arrows."
    Naku nods a few times. "That doesn't sound awful at all. That makes perfect sense to me. Fighting other sentient creatures is one of the most difficult things." She agrees entirely. "For me it was werewolves, mostly. Generally driven by instincts, and not really capable of higher thought.
    It was fighting other humans that gets difficult."

"Those changelings do sound dangerous. Is there any way of telling them apart? From the people they're impersonating, that is.
    Is a . . . is a bow and arrow common? Like, bows, arrows, spears, possibly swords, slings, so on?"
    Not, say, rifles and deth lasers.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #99

NinjaGuy

[Castle]

Kendra blinks in surprise, then smiles.

"I believe all of those can be arranged. What sort of pizza do you like? And how old is your daughter?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

10. - Top - End - #100

[Castle]

Kendra blinks in surprise, then smiles.

"I believe all of those can be arranged. What sort of pizza do you like? And how old is your daughter?"
    Pepperoni. Salvy is eight. I wouldn't worry too much, she's a sweetie. Only thing is she doesn't know her own strength very well so be careful with the inevitable contact you'll end up having with her.

He said, apparently satisfied. Thinking on the matter further, his expression sobered.

Fair warnings, first is I sincerely hope you don't heavily value whatever things might be near that creature of yours. I play hardball and can't promise the safety of the surrounding area if I'm forced to start doing some heavy lifting, so to speak. I won't DELIBERATELY destroy anything but you should probably be aware that it's entirely possible for the kind of power I throw around to ruin a big chunk of whatever is around the thing. Secondly, I hope you aren't a bard because the kind of thing I do is big, flashy and kind of dramatic but it tends to not be a long drawn out affair. I feel the thing out, I rev up enough to deal with whatever it's packing and I kill it. Sorta kills the drama for some people but I'm nothing if not good at my job.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood nodded. "Ponies know them... but most of us too peacful to use them." he has answered. he lookwd at the katana. "This is kind of sword I'v never seen before."

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #102

Deepwood nodded. "Ponies know them... but most of us too peacful to use them." he has answered. he lookwd at the katana. "This is kind of sword I'v never seen before."
    Naku nods upon hearing that, and it confirms what she expected, but it was good to know.
    "Oooh. Here." With that, Naku unties her belt a bit, and slides the katana -- sheath and all -- free from her waist. The hilt is rather simple, just leather wrapped with a simple, circular guard above it. The leather itself, Deepwood can likely notice, is not normal leather. It's definitely from some sort of non-cow creature, but it's difficult to tell exactly what. The leather also has a shine to it in just a few places, which is a telltale sign that her sword has been used a lot.
    "This is a katana," she continues, holding it by the scabbard, out at arm's reach. "it's, uh, well I could go into the history,
    but I'm not so sure you want me to. They're not toooo uncommon around the Nexus, but,"
    at this point, Naku's conflicted. She's torn between not wanting to brag, and the desire to do exactly that. She finally decides that maybe just a little bit is okay. "But this one's still special, nor are you likely to see another exactly like it," at this point, she draws the sword out a few inches.
    The sword itself is beautiful, the blade well crafted, and made of some sort of patterned metal. But the main thing that makes the blade distinctive, is that along the very tip of the edge, the sword begins to glow. The glow is very thin, no wider than the actual sharpened edge of the blade, but glows very brightly, and in the same color purple as Naku's hair, though several shades lighter.
    "because this one is me. The glow, there, is literally a reflection of my soul, and as such, is only there when I'm the one using it."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103

NinjaGuy

[Castle]

Kendra nods, her expression not changing, despite Grant's warning about possible collateral damage.

"You and I seem to have the same martial philosophy. I'll try and set up an ambush away from population centers so as to minimize collateral damage, but the Devourer's host is very smart. If he catches wind of what we're planning, he'll be sure to avoid it. I'm not sure how he would, but it pays to be cautious." She seems to fish in a pocket under her cloak for a moment, before extending her right hand with 5 small crystalline shards in it, each a different color. They seem to almost glow. All are irregularly shaped, as though broken off of a larger crystal.

"The 5 zenny you asked for. When would you like your pizza?" She grins in a friendly manner.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

((I know I shouldn't, but: chain actions incoming! Feel free to interrupt.))

[-->Lake]

Bayside, the day before yesterday: a pixie man, clad in red chino pants, a bright blue shirt with "NPC" printed on it and tiny running shoes on his tiny feet, flutters through a poor apartment district. He's looking for Strawberry's apartment, and soon finds it. Just as he had anticipated, there's a full laundry rack on the pathetically small balcony. The pixie cuts a little hole into a bra, takes a small piece of paper with arcane symbols printed on it out of his pocket (which basically covers the entire front of his shirt. Everything is bigger when you're small.) and hides it in said hole. Then he leaves.

Civiron's Realm, now: Fluttering through the portal comes the pixie guy. He doesn't stop or look around, but heads straight towards the lake, as he fears that doing so might attract Civiron for a little chit-chat. When he reaches the lake, he flies over it and upward for a few dozen meters. The pixie stops and takes a densely printed ticket out of his pocket. It's a teleport-swap spell in print form. He rips it in half, the spell takes effect and he is gone, replaced with the bra Strawberry. She's wearing a long, modest dress with long sleeves and a floral hijab. Also, she is (or was) asleep and doesn't notice her fall until she almost hits the water.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

15. - Top - End - #105

((I know I shouldn't, but: chain actions incoming! Feel free to interrupt.))

[-->Lake]

Bayside, the day before yesterday: a pixie man, clad in red chino pants, a bright blue shirt with "NPC" printed on it and tiny running shoes on his tiny feet, flutters through a poor apartment district. He's looking for Strawberry's apartment, and soon finds it. Just as he had anticipated, there's a full laundry rack on the pathetically small balcony. The pixie cuts a little hole into a bra, takes a small piece of paper with arcane symbols printed on it out of his pocket (which basically covers the entire front of his shirt. Everything is bigger when you're small.) and hides it in said hole. Then he leaves.

Civiron's Realm, now: Fluttering through the portal comes the pixie guy. He doesn't stop or look around, but heads straight towards the lake, as he fears that doing so might attract Civiron for a little chit-chat. When he reaches the lake, he flies over it and upward for a few dozen meters. The pixie stops and takes a densely printed ticket out of his pocket. It's a teleport-swap spell in print form. He rips it in half, the spell takes effect and he is gone, replaced with the bra Strawberry. She's wearing a long, modest dress with long sleeves and a floral hijab. Also, she is (or was) asleep and doesn't notice her fall until she almost hits the water.
    Lake

Well, somehow the fairy did escape from Civvy's friendly wrath welcoming party. Guess she's busy off somewhere else.

Unfortunately for Strawberry, there is no one nearby capable of stopping her fall. There definitely is someone who is not capable of stopping the fall nearby, however! And that's Grace!
    Grace is also mostly asleep, dozing in the sun on a folding beach chair several feet back from the edge of the water, and just enjoying the warmth of the sun. Judging from her bronze level of tan, she apparently does this a lot. Grace is of about average height for a human, with a thick mass of vibrantly red hair, currently pulled back into a bun, her eyes -- though currently mooostly closed --, are emerald green.
    Likely, as soon as Strawberry hits the water, she'll be up and moving; but until then, she just continues pleasantly dozing in the warm sun.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Naku nods upon hearing that, and it confirms what she expected, but it was good to know.
    "Oooh. Here." With that, Naku unties her belt a bit, and slides the katana -- sheath and all -- free from her waist. The hilt is rather simple, just leather wrapped with a simple, circular guard above it. The leather itself, Deepwood can likely notice, is not normal leather. It's definitely from some sort of non-cow creature, but it's difficult to tell exactly what. The leather also has a shine to it in just a few places, which is a telltale sign that her sword has been used a lot.
    "This is a katana," she continues, holding it by the scabbard, out at arm's reach. "it's, uh, well I could go into the history,
    but I'm not so sure you want me to. They're not toooo uncommon around the Nexus, but,"
    at this point, Naku's conflicted. She's torn between not wanting to brag, and the desire to do exactly that. She finally decides that maybe just a little bit is okay. "But this one's still special, nor are you likely to see another exactly like it," at this point, she draws the sword out a few inches.
    The sword itself is beautiful, the blade well crafted, and made of some sort of patterned metal. But the main thing that makes the blade distinctive, is that along the very tip of the edge, the sword begins to glow. The glow is very thin, no wider than the actual sharpened edge of the blade, but glows very brightly, and in the same color purple as Naku's hair, though several shades lighter.
    "because this one is me. The glow, there, is literally a reflection of my soul, and as such, is only there when I'm the one using it."

"Oh. It's.. like a cutie mark at form of weapon.. not too bad.' Deepwood nodded with appreciation.
    "What can it do?"

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #107

"Oh. It's.. like a cutie mark at form of weapon.. not too bad.' Deepwood nodded with appreciation.
    "What can it do?"
    Naku blinks a few times at that. She has no idea what a cutie mark is, or how it relates to her weapon, but . . . okay. He's the expert.
    "I mean. It's edge is very sharp, and won't dull." Naku says, sliding it back into the sheath fully with a bit of a click. As she fastens the katana back onto her hip, she continues. "And that's . . . really about it. Back home, vampires can't really be hurt by regular weapons. We, as the surviving humans, found out that, by tying our souls to the weapons, we could actually hurt the vampires to lasting effect. The extra sharpness also helps cutting through werewolf hide.
    As for special things, uh, not really. It's just a really good sword."
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-04-18 at 08:24 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

[Castle]

Kendra nods, her expression not changing, despite Grant's warning about possible collateral damage.

"You and I seem to have the same martial philosophy. I'll try and set up an ambush away from population centers so as to minimize collateral damage, but the Devourer's host is very smart. If he catches wind of what we're planning, he'll be sure to avoid it. I'm not sure how he would, but it pays to be cautious." She seems to fish in a pocket under her cloak for a moment, before extending her right hand with 5 small crystalline shards in it, each a different color. They seem to almost glow. All are irregularly shaped, as though broken off of a larger crystal.

"The 5 zenny you asked for. When would you like your pizza?" She grins in a friendly manner.
    Grant waves his hand.

No worries on that. I'll collect when the job is done. We'll do what we can to dumpster the thing and then we can party after.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

Lake

Well, somehow the fairy did escape from Civvy's friendly wrath welcoming party. Guess she's busy off somewhere else.

Unfortunately for Strawberry, there is no one nearby capable of stopping her fall. There definitely is someone who is not capable of stopping the fall nearby, however! And that's Grace!
    Grace is also mostly asleep, dozing in the sun on a folding beach chair several feet back from the edge of the water, and just enjoying the warmth of the sun. Judging from her bronze level of tan, she apparently does this a lot. Grace is of about average height for a human, with a thick mass of vibrantly red hair, currently pulled back into a bun, her eyes -- though currently mooostly closed --, are emerald green.
    Likely, as soon as Strawberry hits the water, she'll be up and moving; but until then, she just continues pleasantly dozing in the warm sun.
    [Lake]

When Strawberry opens her eyes and sees the water surface approaching, she immediately lets out a high-pitched scream. Which is heard by the fishies mostly, as her fall is immediately broken by a huge belly flop, sending sound waves and water droplets across the lake.
    Panicking, Strawberry flails her arms and tail around, creating quite some splashes on the surface. Oh no, splashes are bad, the enemy will hear her! Attempting to dive deeper, and failing at it because this part of the lake is pretty shallow, she swirls up a lot of sediment from the ground. Oh no, sediment is bad, the enemy is hiding in turbid water! Screaming and panicking, Strawberry sticks her head out of the water, because she really doesn't know what else to do in this situation. Her hearts are beating like crazy, her lungs are hyperventilating and her eyes... see paradise? A sight so unexpected and serene, it actually manages to calm her down to a reasonable level.
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-04-19 at 01:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Naku blinks a few times at that. She has no idea what a cutie mark is, or how it relates to her weapon, but . . . okay. He's the expert.
    "I mean. It's edge is very sharp, and won't dull." Naku says, sliding it back into the sheath fully with a bit of a click. As she fastens the katana back onto her hip, she continues. "And that's . . . really about it. Back home, vampires can't really be hurt by regular weapons. We, as the surviving humans, found out that, by tying our souls to the weapons, we could actually hurt the vampires to lasting effect. The extra sharpness also helps cutting through werewolf hide.
    As for special things, uh, not really. It's just a really good sword."
    "Surviving vampires?" Deepwood tilted his head.
    "Aren't YOU a vampire?"

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #111

[Lake]

When Strawberry opens her eyes and sees the water surface approaching, she immediately lets out a high-pitched scream. Which is heard by the fishies mostly, as her fall is immediately broken by a huge belly flop, sending sound waves and water droplets across the lake.
    Panicking, Strawberry flails her arms and tail around, creating quite some splashes on the surface. Oh no, splashes are bad, the enemy will hear her! Attempting to dive deeper, and failing at it because this part of the lake is pretty shallow, she swirls up a lot of sediment from the ground. Oh no, sediment is bad, the enemy is hiding in turbid water! Screaming and panicking, Strawberry sticks her head out of the water, because she really doesn't know what else to do in this situation. Her hearts are beating like crazy, her lungs are hyperventilating and her eyes... see paradise? A sight so unexpected and serene, it actually manages to calm her down to a reasonable level.
    Lake

Strawberry's scream is heard mostly by fishies, but also by the poor almost-asleep person on the beach, who proceeds to jump up, startled horribly. When she comes back down, poor Grace somehow manages to push her chair over, land behind it, while 'meep'ing surprised but kind of adorably. Fairly slowly does the top of her head pop up from behind the protective wall of the beach-chair, and only up to just past her eyes, so she can see what just happened.
    She's not fully sure what she's looking at. It seems to be . . . a person in the water?
    "H-hello?"

"Surviving vampires?" Deepwood tilted his head.
    "Aren't YOU a vampire?"
    "No. The surviving humans. I was a human long before I was a vampire." Naku admits with a shrug. "They, the vampires, invaded.
    They killed most of us humans. In the end of the story: I got bitten."
    There is . . . well. There's a lot more to it than just that, but she's keeping that story brief. She doesn't much like that story. "But before I got bitten, we humans fought back against the vampires, and made these swords to do that."
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-04-20 at 01:39 AM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

NinjaGuy

[Castle]

Kendra simply smiles, then closes her hand over the shards, and places them back into a pocket hidden beneath her cloak.

"Very well then. I've some arrangements to make, in that case, in order to try and lure the host away from populated areas. Will you be here, or is there a different way to get in touch with you once I've made the arrangements?"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

Lake

Strawberry's scream is heard mostly by fishies, but also by the poor almost-asleep person on the beach, who proceeds to jump up, startled horribly. When she comes back down, poor Grace somehow manages to push her chair over, land behind it, while 'meep'ing surprised but kind of adorably. Fairly slowly does the top of her head pop up from behind the protective wall of the beach-chair, and only up to just past her eyes, so she can see what just happened.
    She's not fully sure what she's looking at. It seems to be . . . a person in the water?
    "H-hello?"
    [Lake]

Strawberry is startled by Grace's cautious greeting and looks at her like a deer that just heard someone cautiously greeting it. She tenses up for a moment, but then relaxes.
    "Hello." Strawberry repeats in a very unsure tone and swims a little closer to the shore. She has to collect herself before speaking. "Where am... Please, could you maybe tell me what this place is? I think I feel a little lost."
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-04-20 at 12:16 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114

[Lake]

Strawberry is startled by Grace's cautious greeting and looks at her like a deer that just heard someone cautiously greeting it. She tenses up for a moment, but then relaxes.
    "Hello." Strawberry repeats in a very unsure tone and swims a little closer to the shore. She has to collect herself before speaking. "Where am... Please, could you maybe tell me what this place is? I think I feel a little lost."
    Lake

As Strawberry gets closer, Grace gets lower, just baaarely keeping her eyes high enough above the side of the chair to see. "Ummm. Last I looked,
    we were at a fairly random little lake in Outside."
    Oh dear. Grace doesn't know where they are either. "The road should be that wa-" Grace started to point off in a direction, before realizing that absolutely everything was different from how she remembered it when she started to sleep.
    "Well that's not right." She mutters, looking around. She doesn't sound nervous, just . . . bemused.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake]

Hiding behind flimsy cover and muttering something? Slightly suspicious. Strawberry backs up a little and looks at the non-existent road Grace is pointing at. "Outside? But I was napping at home in my bed, how can I suddenly fall from the sky into a lake?" small pause "But if you say we're in Outside, then I can't say anything against that. For a moment, I thought my days might have reached their end and I finally went to heaven." Talking like an old woman, even though she only looks like mid-50s, and the age of her voice is even harder to pin down.
    ((Is Grace even wearing any clothes? Just asking because in Europe, being/sunbathing naked or topless at the beach is quite common.))
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-04-20 at 03:52 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116

[Castle]

Kendra simply smiles, then closes her hand over the shards, and places them back into a pocket hidden beneath her cloak.

"Very well then. I've some arrangements to make, in that case, in order to try and lure the host away from populated areas. Will you be here, or is there a different way to get in touch with you once I've made the arrangements?"
    I'll be here. Got to get the little one and the dog settled.

Grant says, motioning towards the young girl and the castle nearby as she carries her things inside.

27. - Top - End - #117

NinjaGuy

[Castle]

Kendra smiles, then nods.

"I'll be in touch, then, once I've gotten him into an area that won't pose a threat if we need to cut loose."

She turns to Civvy and nods.

"Thank you. Thanks to both of you, we might just be able to get rid of this creature once and for all."

28. - Top - End - #118

[Lake]

Hiding behind flimsy cover and muttering something? Slightly suspicious. Strawberry backs up a little and looks at the non-existent road Grace is pointing at. "Outside? But I was napping at home in my bed, how can I suddenly fall from the sky into a lake?" small pause "But if you say we're in Outside, then I can't say anything against that. For a moment, I thought my days might have reached their end and I finally went to heaven." Talking like an old woman, even though she only looks like mid-50s, and the age of her voice is even harder to pin down.
    ((Is Grace even wearing any clothes? Just asking because in Europe, being/sunbathing naked or topless at the beach is quite common.))
    Layke

"Nnnnope. Nope. We're definitely not in Outside any more." Grace replies, continuing to look around.
    Well this was just great. She left her car in Outside. "So the correct answer is no. I cannot tell you where we are. I'm as lost as you are."
    Grace is wearing clothing! Albeit not terribly much at all. Which is, very likely, the source of her hiding. As if to prove the point, she reaches down behind the chair, and pulls a shirt on as she looks around.
    "It looks . . . nice. Though."

[Castle]

Kendra smiles, then nods.

"I'll be in touch, then, once I've gotten him into an area that won't pose a threat if we need to cut loose."

She turns to Civvy and nods.

"Thank you. Thanks to both of you, we might just be able to get rid of this creature once and for all."
    "That's great!" Civvy exclaims, clapping her hands together. "How would you like to let us know when it's set? Come and visit, or if you just kind of toss a paper airplane with a note on it and hope, it usually reaches me here."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

Layke

"Nnnnope. Nope. We're definitely not in Outside any more." Grace replies, continuing to look around.
    Well this was just great. She left her car in Outside. "So the correct answer is no. I cannot tell you where we are. I'm as lost as you are."
    Grace is wearing clothing! Albeit not terribly much at all. Which is, very likely, the source of her hiding. As if to prove the point, she reaches down behind the chair, and pulls a shirt on as she looks around.
    "It looks . . . nice. Though."
    [inland body of non-flowing freshwater with a surface area greater than 10,000 square meters]

"It kinda does.", Strawberry agrees, and realizes the reason for Grace's hiding is probably nothing worth intensely staring at. Quite the contrary. She instead takes her waterproof smartphone out of her pocket and activates GPS tracking. But brazenly assuming that Civvy's Realm doesn't have satellite coverage, "Seems like GPS doesn't want to work. Not good."
    Stressed, Strawberry takes a look around, searching for other people or buildings. On the one hand, her eyesight is superior to even an eagle's. On the other, her eyes are located ten centimeters above the lake, which probably lies in a basin and is surrounded by tall vegetation and trees.

30. - Top - End - #120

[inland body of non-flowing freshwater with a surface area greater than 10,000 square meters]

"It kinda does.", Strawberry agrees, and realizes the reason for Grace's hiding is probably nothing worth intensely staring at. Quite the contrary. She instead takes her waterproof smartphone out of her pocket and activates GPS tracking. But brazenly assuming that Civvy's Realm doesn't have satellite coverage, "Seems like GPS doesn't want to work. Not good."
    Stressed, Strawberry takes a look around, searching for other people or buildings. On the one hand, her eyesight is superior to even an eagle's. On the other, her eyes are located ten centimeters above the lake, which probably lies in a basin and is surrounded by tall vegetation and trees.
    Larger than a breadbox, smaller than the Death Star

Grace nods in agreement, before doing some sort of action that can best be described as looking like she's pulling on a pair of pants while remaining sitting on the ground. It's as graceful as it sounds.
    No satellites is a very safe bet, though if someone brings it up with her, I'm sure Civvy would try to come up with something.

The area around the lake is much as expected. Tall vegetation, some trees, more flowers, a few clearings, but it should still be fairly easy to spot that there is a town in the distance, and a forest off in another direction.
    "Well that makes it more confusing."
    Show