New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

Julie's Place- Stairs

"Yes, of course." Rallying from the thankfully brief spell of weakness, the Politician withdraws a handful of business cards from his coat and sets to quickly shuffling through them, tossing aside card after card until he finds the one he's after. "This- He says, handing the card to Julie and shoving the rest back into his pockets. -possesses the various pseudonyms with which my little pack of profligates can be reached. Simply ask, and perhaps I'll see what I can do." The card is blood red, a half-dozen numbers for various fake businesses scrawled on the front side, while the flipside is occupied by a single name; The Red Letter Gang.

"One parting piece of advice though... If, perchance, you are pondering whether to simply put the past behind you and forget your problems with Magtok... Well, I surely would not. Because psychotic people like him do not stop, do not pause until they've poisoned every good thing they can find. Just something to consider, but someone has to step up and make sure he pays the piper, otherwise he will go on being a plague upon the innocent, and it will be poor unfortunate souls like your perished playmate who'll pay the price for him. Just something to think about, in case you were considering doing something foolish, like giving up." With that final scrap of unsound advisement, 'Percival' turns and disappears back down the stairs.

Riv's Fortress

As the lift creaks into action and begins the ascent down to ground level, Riv takes this opportunity to speak. Not that he doesn't take every other opportunity as well, the loud-mouthed jerkface. "I expect you're already thinking of some idiotic plan to defy me, aren't you? Don't even ******* try to deny it, I can see the neurons spinning around in your cavernous skull trying to find each other. Well, listen here because this is the last warning I'll give you."

Riv leans uncomfortably close, so he's eye to eye with Rael as he speaks. "You try it, and things will go badly for you. Very, very badly. Because you won't just be signing your own death-warrant, no, you'll be passing on the opportunity of the lifetime. See, all to soon, I'll be running this cesspool of a dimension, and then those who learned their place back when they had the chance will get their pay... Maybe I'll make you mayor of Westside, let you deal with the bloodsuckers and bottom-feeders. But only if you learn to shut up and follow orders before my patience runs out, got it?"

Sir Hex's Mansion

The mouse will have no problems freeing the Hatteress from her chains!

Jerry and the other kangaroos, already more than slightly wary of the mechanical menace, quickly decide to make themselves scarce... An attempt that fails horribly due to their lack of hands, leaving them trapped in the room with Hatteress and Mecha-Mouse.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

Interestingly enough, Trium figures they preferred to leave the local biosphere intact, rather than assuming that trees couldn't grow there.

"Ah. Trees is their name. What sorts of things did you have instead?"

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa seems to rather enjoy the nuzzling, and goes to do the same to Kara.

Just before the robot, if allowed, resumes rubbing and tracing her girlfriend's back, this time with both hands.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara can't say no to her girlfriend, and doesn't want to.
    She sighs happily. Starts tracing in return!
    "I...I could do this...all day...mmmm..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Julie's Place

((Well then, I go to the trouble of plotcloning and then end up looking the fool. ))

Julie nods her thanks to "Percival" and resumes her treck up the stairs to rejoin continuity. The card, of course, is slipped into her bosom with a wink as she turns away from him.

"You do take care of yourself hun. Being a defender of the innocent ain't all it's cracked up to be." So he wants her to fight Magtok? She could see it. But only after her prior business is taken care of. Once Eric is back, she'll have no need to bother Maggie ever again. But if he can't be returned... she adjusts her shirt toughtfully.

If Eric doesn't come back then she may have to break a promise to a friend. Patty will understand, and if she doesn't then who needs her. Sometimes there are more important things than keeping friends happy.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Julie's Place

Julie will see the shambles that is her apartment as Edijar stays still, cloaked by his Wraith Suit. He keeps his breaths quiet and slow as he watches what she does.

6. - Top - End - #36

Julie's Place

Julie shakes her head, having half expected this. Since Boo hasn't forced his way out of his little pet carrier it's safe to assume what Magtok's target was here. It's too much to hope that they just killed each other and saved her the trouble.

The first thing she does is hold up her purse, carrying a portal to where she stashed all of her belongings, and teleport it away in a flash of fire. She doesn't need them tonight, and if whoever did this comes back it's best if she can make a speedy getaway. After that she'll floating Ericka into the room ahead of her, attempting to direct the slain woman to the bedroom where she'll be laid on the bed.

Then she'll take her first step into the room, another burst of flame teleporting her clothes off her. She's headed for the couch, where she intends to sleep for the night before finding a place to bury Ericka in the morning. The bedroom has enough invested in it psionically to keep her corpse from decomposing any more for the night.

Edijar can attempt to interrupt her at any point, although because of his immunity to psionics Julie cannot sense him yet.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

"We had buildings."

Spec states, her speech starting to slur a tad.

"Column upon column of duranium buildings with mats of artificial grass on the top."

Spec nods, approving her own explanation while elevating herself up to her tip-toes and grabbing a twig from the tree she is nearest, snapping it off by accident with great rapidity.

"I, uh, I think I broke your tree."

Spec cringes as she holds the twig in her hand. Then it hits her! She thrusts the twig at the tree hurriedly, attempting to mend it!

-------
    [Sir Hex's Mansion]

The kangaroos shouldn't be too worried over being trapped in a room with The Hatteress and her Mecha-Mouse companion/contraption! Why? Because Mecha-Mouse and the chair are currently engaged in a tug of war over The Hatteress! You see, The Hatteress did not want to leave her chair behind her. It was too comfortable to be left in a place such as this! Mecha-Mouse, on the other hand, is under strict orders to return The Hatteress to her lab posthaste! Therefore...

"No! I'm not abandoning it here alone!"

"Must return The Hatteress to a safer zone."

"Unhand me! Stop! Stop! I am your creator!"

The robot rebellion is upon us! Flee! Flee!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Julie's Place

Well...at least Edijar knows she's (mostly) unarmed.

Right before Julie falls to the couch, Edijar allows himself to de-cloak. If she's watching near him she'll find a black form suddenly appear. "Julie, my name is Commander Edijar of Remnant. You are hereby under arrest. You can resist at your own discretion, but it will not end well."

9. - Top - End - #39

Julie's Place

She doesn't even sigh.

"I'm impressed. I wasn't aware Remnant had people completely immune to brainscanning. Or that they were so deep in Magtok's pockets. Tell your boss that next time he shouldn't send in his goons so early. It looks less suspicious if you wait a while so that it looks like you could have heard about a crime legitimately. Not ransacking the place would help too."

She does get up, standing in full view of Edijar and holding her hands at her sides in a non-threatening manner. She can't find his brain even though he's right in front of her, so there isn't much point resisting. Still, she preps a flame teleport just in case he's lying about being here to arrest her. For all she knows this is just another assassination.

"Tell you what, if you tell me what I'm being charged with and put Eric up in your morgue for the duration of my stay with you, I won't even put up a fight. I'm pretty tired of fighting, come to think of it." That much is true.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

Kara can't say no to her girlfriend, and doesn't want to.
    She sighs happily. Starts tracing in return!
    "I...I could do this...all day...mmmm..."
    [Talnissa's]

Talnissa smiles, making a soft, pleased, noise at the return tracing. And continues her own nuzzling, tracing, and massaging.

"I could too, love..."

Trium can't help but laugh at Spec's attempt.

"Don't worry about it. It'll heal, like anything alive. Just plant the twig, or throw it away,"
    the heavily-augmented woman says, smiling, and appearing next to Spec in a blur.

[Riv's Fortress]

Rael clicks his beak sharply, which would likely have left Riv with a rather nast wound on his face had he been closer. Clearly, the vampire doesn't like him leaning in so close.

"Yes. Though I'd advise you against going after Riverside. Lady Genesis has her own plans, and I don't think you could fight her in her home, at least not yet.

And probably, looking at what happened to the last few empires here wouldn't be a bad idea. The Nexus changes, often and fast, and the inhabitants like that. Any one person can only hold so much in place here, and after that, it all comes tumbling down, whether through the actions of those that live here, or because the dimension itself alters."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Julie's Place

"I'm not here for Magtok. Or the matter of him ransacking your place."
    Edijar says firmly. "I'm here on a different matter. Specifically, Kidnapping, Unlawful Restraint with Intent of Slavery, Battery, and two murders." He reaches at his side and unhooks a pair of handcuffs. "If you have a robe, I suggest you put it on. We can take care of Eric's body and provide cremation if you wish."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-12-19 at 06:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Or all week," Kara adds, giggling happily.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh. Spec feels kinda stupid now. Seeing as the tree isn't busted and, by that logic, doesn't require fixing, Spec promptly discards the stick. She then attempts to swiftly pull Trium into another kiss! She attempts to pull the curtain before she makes herself feel even stupider! A smart move? Perhaps...

14. - Top - End - #44

Riv's Fortress

Rael's concerns are responded too with a dismissive snort, although Riv does pull back rather quickly when the vampire snaps at him. "Hmmph. You genuinely think some hoighty-toity noblewoman can stop me? I have an army, the most technologically advanced army in the world, Riverside's just some backwater burg without so much as a unified rulership. You think they have a chance against me?"

Sir Hex's Mansion

Well, here's just the man to put down this uprising, returned from his hasty sojourn and now properly outfitted for the destruction of Mecha-Mouse!

Sir Hex bursts into the room, kicking open the door and striding towards the robotic rodent, an oversized wooden sledgehammer of the sort often employed by cartoon felines clutched in his hands. "Alright you, put you're hands up or I will be forced to resort to violence." He snaps, leaning down to stare the mouse in the eye, annoyed by just how incredibly, amazingly wrong this whole debacle has managed to go in such a short time.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

[Sir Hex's Mansion]

So Sir Hex leaned down to stare Mecha-Mouse in the eye, did he? Mecha-Mouse leaps for Sir Hex's face! Given that he leaned over, thus shortening the distance between the floor and his face, the mechanical mouse might possibly land on Sir Hex's face! If so, it'll scramble to firmly grasp Sir Hex's hair as its chainsaw whirs to life! It shall then proceed to attempt to give Sir Hex the most atrocious haircut ever, taking care not to so much as scratch him!

What? It's not going to try to saw off Sir Hex's arms with his tiny chainsaw? Nope. It is pretty certain that doing so would gum up the works of the chainsaw causing it to jam and become inoperable. The most it can do without putting its chainsaw at risk is attempting to painfully chop off Sir Hex's hair.

Cue maniacal laughter!

"Mwahahahaha!"

Excellent, little dude! Excellent!

The Mad Hatteress, meanwhile, hurls herself at the chair again! With so much momentum behind that move, it'd be a wonder if that chair were ever to see daylight again! If I didn't know better, I'd say The Hatteress has it out for that chair.

Cue maniacal laughter!

"Mwahahahaha!"

Maniacal laughter for everyone! Mwahahahaha!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Or all week," Kara adds, giggling happily.

[Talnissa's]

"That would work too, if the thing at your job hasn't cleared up by then..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

Oh. Spec feels kinda stupid now. Seeing as the tree isn't busted and, by that logic, doesn't require fixing, Spec promptly discards the stick. She then attempts to swiftly pull Trium into another kiss! She attempts to pull the curtain before she makes herself feel even stupider! A smart move? Perhaps...

Talnissa happily returns Spec's kiss, and, when the assassin tries to pull the curtain, assists her quite willingly.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Riv's Fortress

Rael's concerns are responded too with a dismissive snort, although Riv does pull back rather quickly when the vampire snaps at him. "Hmmph. You genuinely think some hoighty-toity noblewoman can stop me? I have an army, the most technologically advanced army in the world, Riverside's just some backwater burg without so much as a unified rulership. You think they have a chance against me?"
    [Riv's Fortress]

Rael laughs, though not terribly hard, or for long.

"You know very little about Genesis, don't you? And those who are members of her court?"

17. - Top - End - #47

Julie's Place

Julie can hear a voice very similar to Edijar's speak in her ear yet again. But what it says couldn't be much more different from Edijar.

"Tell him Charity cheated on him with Magtok, kick him in the balls and then run away!"

I can totally be Charity and Magtok if you need proof! Libra's voice adds in.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

When the scene resumes, Spec is possibly lying half-asleep beside Trium.

"You really do like me, don't you?"

Spec utters, still scant of breath. Those were her first curtains ever. The likelihood of her being sacrificed to anything has significantly decreased! Hooray!

19. - Top - End - #49

Riv's Fortress

Oooh, bad choice. Riv does not like being laughed at. "Did nothing I just said sink into your dull little brain!?" He snarls as the elevator rattles to a halt. "Icarus, throw this ****** out the door. He can find his own damn way home."

At this order, Icarus tries to grab Rael by the shoulder, pulling him out of the lift and towards the door if this succeeds, at such a rate that the vampire will likely be forced to run to avoid being dragged off his feet. On the way (presuming that Rael follows or the dragging is successful) they'll pass by the last armored transit vehicle, which is currently being fitted with tires by Daedalus and a small crew of drones while Markus waits on the sidelines.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara giggles softly, nodding.
    "You know, I'm suddenly thinking that maybe I don't want it to clear up for awhile," she admits.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #51

Julie's Place

Julie is startled for a second, but when Libra's voice chimes in she remembers her wish, and the earring that came with it.

Thanks for thinking of me darlin', but play time can come later. For now I'll cooperate with the nice man.

"There's a little voice in my head telling all kinds of naughty things about you. Whispering little secrets about your sweet little love Charity and all the things she doesn't want you to know." Julie's smile comes out catty and brash.

She shakes her head when Edijar mentions clothing, "Hun, you've been around the block long enough to know there isn't a stitch of clothing in this place. If you're going to take me in, it'll have to be as is." What a lovely image that makes for. She declines to mention his knowing about the murders that only just barely happened, but it certainly pings on her wariness radar.

"And don't you dare lay a finger on Eric. First of all he's evidence that Maggie shot first. Secondly besides Yog Sothoth himself I'm the closest thing he's got to a next of kin, so I'll be handling his arrangements personally. If I find out you've shoved him in an oven I promise you that you'll be the next person that they service." There's fire in her eyes, and she's not backing down. However, if Edijar approaches to cuff her she won't fight him, putting her hands behind her back. She'll allow him to lead her to Remnant when he's ready.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Trium is less out of energy, though mostly because of various implants, coupled with magical brands and tattoos.

"Of course I do, Spec."

[Talnissa's]

"I'm not sure I do either... Though, I admit, it would be nice to sell some of my stuff,"
    the robot says, smiling, and going to rest her head on Kara's shoulder.

[Riv's Fortress]

That's likely a bad move, considering that Rael's still covered in quills...

But if Icarus still grabs him, and he's not impaled by them, Rael will follow.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-12-19 at 08:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Well, there is that," Kara admits, now rubbing Talnissa's back.
    "But, until then...I don't want to be out of your arms," she whispers.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

"Just checking."

Spec smiles, barely able to keep her eyes open. Only through intense determination and focus does she manage to remain conscious.

I'm not sure how long that will last. Spec is very tired and-
    Actually, I think she's sound asleep now. >.<

25. - Top - End - #55

Riv's Fortress

Power armor! Great for preventing impalement by quill!

At an order from Icarus, the great metal doors slowly open... Revealing Warsh, just as the disguised assassin was about to knock on the door. Icarus pauses, releasing his grip on Rael and drawing a pistol from one of the holsters built into his armor. "What is your name and reason to be here, civilian?"

26. - Top - End - #56

Clarissa's Sanctuary
    Dave sighed.
    "I assume I get to choose the duel?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

[Riv's Fortress]

I'm not sure whether or not Rael and Warsh met in MURDER. Peter did meet one of C'nor's characters who was working with Sarah Bloodchanter to take down Stu, but I can't exactly recall which character that was.

If Warsh has met Rael before, then he already knows that he is compromised, as he isn't wearing a disguise of which to speak. He is merely fibbing about what he does. He is rather adept at it as well.

If the above is indeed the case, then Warsh shall attempt to speak before Rael is able to,

"There's a man in the village. He's tearing everyone to shreds."

He urgently replies, straightening his torso and readying himself to attempt to knock Icarus's pistol to the side, draw one of the pistols from another of Icarus's holsters, and trying to shoot him in the torso as he battles to fleetly raise the pistol to Icarus's head-level and attempts to fire the pistol at Icarus's nose if Rael so much as says anything bordering on denouncing him as an assassin so that the soldier will not have the necessary time to react and will additionally possibly be distracted and/or confused by Rael's words. That might furnish Warsh with a decent window of time in which he can maim/terminate Icarus without being shot.

If Warsh hasn't met Rael before, he won't attempt to shoot Icarus because Rael likely won't be able to identify him as a hostile.

-------
    [Clarissa's Sanctuary]

"That is the standard, is it not? Since I challenged you, you choose the field."

Clarissa sighs, impressed by Dave's wherewithal. He's actually willing to fight her to get his wife back! Ha! That's perfect! She loves his resolve! She loves it!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-12-19 at 09:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Well, there is that," Kara admits, now rubbing Talnissa's back.
    "But, until then...I don't want to be out of your arms," she whispers.

[Talnissa's]

"And, until then, you probably won't have to be. After all,"
    she says, grinning. "Even when we go to start working on converting that one, you'll still be in one of my arms, just in a different way."

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

"Just checking."

Spec smiles, barely able to keep her eyes open. Only through intense determination and focus does she manage to remain conscious.

I'm not sure how long that will last. Spec is very tired and-
    Actually, I think she's sound asleep now. >.<

Trium smiles, and conjures up a blanket.

Which she, after going to snuggle up to Spec, tries to lay over them both.

[Riv's Fortress]

Rael did indeed meet Warsh, then, though I hadn't remembered it. But, that was in the vampire's human form. At the moment, he has thick scales, a toothed beak, spiked tentacles for legs, and a very nasty set of claws on his hands.

So it's rather unlikely that Warsh can tell he's met Rael before.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-12-19 at 09:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Clarissa's Sanctuary
    "There is only one game that I know well enough for a duel. I challenge you to...Charades!"
    He put his hands on his hips.
    "The one who can't get the other to understand their charade after three times loses."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"And, until then, you probably won't have to be. After all,"
    she says, grinning. "Even when we go to start working on converting that one, you'll still be in one of my arms, just in a different way."
    Kara grins right back, nodding excitedly.
    "You know, that's absolutely right. You know, that's another reason I love you - your wit and that smart brain of yours," she declares, giggling.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew