New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Alright ... how about
    The newest is a keeper, I think.

Also, yeah, Anarion is rocking an awesome bodycount so far. Hence the growing list of OC volunteers to be held in reserve until the (increasingly likely looking) event of him running out of actual Ponythread volunteers.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Huh ... haven't been following this. What's this about?

Alright ... how about
    I like this one the best so far.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post

Also, yeah, Anarion is rocking an awesome bodycount so far. Hence the growing list of OC volunteers to be held in reserve until the (increasingly likely looking) event of him running out of actual Ponythread volunteers.
    Could always do what I do in Nethack. Start adding numbers to the end of their names! (I have a really good feeling that Kyr LXIX is going to be the one. Yep, I'm sure she'll be FAR more successful than Kyr LXVIII!)

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I like the new description.

I'm playing a game of X-com (the turn-based game where you fight an alien invasion) using the names of posters here in ponythread for my soldiers. It's on classic ironman, which is a hard difficulty that doesn't let you take back any mistakes. So I've killed off a good chunk of the thread, but we're still going.

Duly noted. Thank you.
    Feel free to add me to that list. Heck if you've got something in the right number you could get a three for one.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I like this one the best so far.
    Alright, then it's decided ^^ Now I'm off to submit it, wish me luck. If it gets rejected again I'm gonna cry.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Hey if we have an OC recruitment going then feel free to use some of mine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thinking Cap: (Assault please)
    Paradox (Support)
    Clear Thought (Support)
    Oh, hey. I was right that it is your fimfic story I'm reading. Figured I'd say you are doing a great job with it. Though, I have to echo some of the commentors and say find a prereader.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    ...Does doppleganger/changeling/etc skin work as camo? I need to experiment with this...
    Interesting thought. Not one that I personally needs to think about - nor Hopereaver, if she's honest - since we have illusion spells for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen
    Really? When's she mention that? I can't remember an episode where Twilight actually mentions how old Ponyville itself is...
    Twilight said in Winter Wrap Up that Ponyville had been doing it without magic for "hundreds of years". At the moment, there is no concrete evidence in timescale to say whether this is hyperbole and Ponyville is less than [seventy?] years old; or whether Granny Smith is extremely long-lived (with interesting inplications for extended pony-life spans) and that she's not called "granny" because that's a title, but that "Granny" is just her name, and she's not, technically, AJ's grandmother, but her great [times x] grandmother (whom is just referred to by the short version.)

I tend towards the latter, since I'm firmly behind the ponies-have-extended-longivity.

(I really don't want a pony universe to exist where virtually ALL of us on ponythread are already in Granny Smith's age category (median horse lifespan is 25-30), and Topaz would be a year older than the oldest equine on record. That's just enormously sad and depressing on so many levels; and that is about as far from the reason I like pony as it is to be. Call it my immortality bias if you will, but I'm flat-out not prepared to except that - to the point where, even if they specifically called it out in canon, I'd just discontinuity it.

Also, Star-Sergeant, if you be so kind as to use that new Muffin-Bolt spell we've been working on, and ensure Kyouhen can't escape pony-thread this time.

Woohooo! I'm a spellcaster!

Muffin-Bolt!

*splat*

Let's see you get out that congealed mess of muffiny sludge!

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Something I just saw and needed to share:

Spoiler
    Show

Art by Ziom05

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

9. - Top - End - #429
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Something I just saw and needed to share:

Spoiler
    Show

Art by Ziom05

no Carrot! don't unleash the Windigo Queen!
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Interesting thought. Not one that I personally needs to think about - nor Hopereaver, if she's honest - since we have illusion spells for that purpose.
    Ah, but would the skin overcome standard methods of detecting illusions? Technically it would be a nonmagical disguise, so any spells that pierce illusions shouldn't work. Though that raises the question of if the skin counts as magical....

Twilight said in Winter Wrap Up that Ponyville had been doing it without magic for "hundreds of years". At the moment, there is no concrete evidence in timescale to say whether this is hyperbole and Ponyville is less than [seventy?] years old; or whether Granny Smith is extremely long-lived (with interesting inplications for extended pony-life spans) and that she's not called "granny" because that's a title, but that "Granny" is just her name, and she's not, technically, AJ's grandmother, but her great [times x] grandmother (whom is just referred to by the short version.)

I tend towards the latter, since I'm firmly behind the ponies-have-extended-longivity.

(I really don't want a pony universe to exist where virtually ALL of us on ponythread are already in Granny Smith's age category (median horse lifespan is 25-30), and Topaz would be a year older than the oldest equine on record. That's just enormously sad and depressing on so many levels; and that is about as far from the reason I like pony as it is to be. Call it my immortality bias if you will, but I'm flat-out not prepared to except that - to the point where, even if they specifically called it out in canon, I'd just discontinuity it.
    Oh yeah, forgot about that part! And I'm up for Granny Smith just being her name. She could easily be a much, MUCH older relative than that.

Also, Star-Sergeant, if you be so kind as to use that new Muffin-Bolt spell we've been working on, and ensure Kyouhen can't escape pony-thread this time.

Woohooo! I'm a spellcaster!

Muffin-Bolt!

*splat*

Let's see you get out that congealed mess of muffiny sludge!
    Wait, you made Derpy a spellcaster?

Also two small things. First, I've started making simulacrums out of paper mache. Cheap to make, fun for confusing people, but so fragile a gentle breeze tends to break them.

Second...
    Spoiler
    Show

Death Throes!

11. - Top - End - #431

Eakin is also willing to throw himself into the alien meatgrinder.

I don't have any OCs... the closest thing I can think of is a WoW toon named Nall, if you don't mind a third-hand Lunar: SSSC reference.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, you made Derpy a spellcaster?
    Not the first time that's happened actually:

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Not the first time that's happened actually:

Spoiler
    Show
    If she doesn't prepare at least a dozen Prestidigitations a day I'm going to be so disappointed. She can use it to make things taste like muffins!

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

So, new OP. Hope you like it guys.

Sorry for delay, I had a string of rather... bad experiences recently. Let me know if there is any thing I should have updated and didn't, ok?
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

Sorry for delay, I had a string of rather... bad experiences recently. Let me know if there is any thing I should have updated and didn't, ok?
    *Immediately hugz*

All is forgiven, all is forgiven.
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-10-21 at 05:24 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

If she doesn't prepare at least a dozen Prestidigitations a day I'm going to be so disappointed. She can use it to make things taste like muffins!
    I figure its an at-will spell-like ability for the class

17. - Top - End - #437
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sure. OOC summary of my two really bad missions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I suffered two full squad wipes, the first being a terror mission, the second actually coming right after I made my crazy Twilight post, which was to 5 mutons and a cyberdisc. I actually am not sure which mission you died in, as I had several snipers. Based on the fact that you got a nickname, I'm thinking it was the later muton mission, but I'll tell you both.

What happened in the terror mission is that I advanced too slowly. I had some bad luck with the 45-65% range shots getting rid of 4 floaters, so it took me ~4 turns to get past them and be able to move up freely. By that time, ~4 civilians had died, and when I moved up, I tripped 3 chrysalids and 2 zombies. The zombies had already been made, and turned into more chrysalids on the next turn. This was the first terror mission and I didn't have any upgraded gear, just regular guns and weakest armor. The chrysalids scattered backwards and killed several more civilians, but it took me basically a whole turn just to kill the chrysalids one at a time. Eventually, I ended up getting swarmed by 5 chrysalids at once with another 3 coming in progressive stages and once soldiers started panicking after a squaddie went down, I couldn't do anything and they all died.

The second wipe was a regular abduction. I was in a parking lot with several cars and a building complex on the north end of the map. I had carapace armor and some laser weapons by this point, but the mutons had advanced to being armed with the best plasma rifles. I first triggered 3 mutons. I took 2 of them down with no trouble, but the third was at 1 hp and I wanted to capture it, so I let it run into one of the buildings and didn't chase it. In killing the first two, I had my best assault run and gun in and on the alien turn a cyberdisc came out. My sniper, who was probably you, Tiki, hit the cyberdisc and I thought I could kill it with the assault using double tap at point blank range. Instead I got minimum damage with both shots and left the disc at 2 hp. I still thought I could kill it with a grenade, but my heavy's furthest move left her in a square that was getting the grenade stuck on a building corner, and because of my mistake the cyberdisc lived. It 1-shot the assault at that range, and the still living muton came out from around a corner and also killed a rookie. At that point you sniped the muton and the heavy shot the disc dead, with my support cleaning up the robot arm that had survived the disc explosion. I thought the mission was going to be over, but instead two more mutons came around a corner and attacked me that turn. I had 3 squad members left and no explosives of any kind. I had you shoot one of the mutons, Tiki, and you hit it for 5 damage with your laser sniper, but also panicked from the intimidate. I shot and missed with 65% chances on both my heavy and my support. The next turn, the mutons shot and killed you Tiki, as your panic had made you run into half cover. That left me with two guys with laser weapons against a full hp muton and a half hp muton. The full hp muton was in the open and I had 65% or better hit chances with both guys, so I tried to kill it. No luck, one shot hit for 4 the other missed, the mutons killed the heavy in return fire. I tried to finish the muton with the support from high cover, now with 65% chance to hit. No luck, both mutons fired, support went down, mission over. Having the heavy be unable to throw that one grenade pretty much wrecked the whole mission, and it was simply me not realizing that a grenade throw would get stuck on the building corner from the spot I moved to.
    Ah... It wasn't my aim but my sheer dead-headed following of orders that got me killed.

Sure, I'll use some of those. There are plenty of other ponythreaders. I haven't used Deadly, Lix, or Bleakbane yet (Bleakbane I'm waiting for a British soldier), not to mention Alabenson, Eakin, t209, Tvtyrant...I'm going to stop since all I'm doing at this point is scrolling back through this page. But as I said, since I'm killing people off, I'm not comfortable using a name without permission.
    Go ahead and add my OCs to the list.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dive Bomb: Heavy.
    Blunt Trauma: Probably assault.
    Athena: either sniper or support. Be nice, she's a filly

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Found this, thought I could share my nightmares.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh. I never figured Discord as having feathers over quite so much of his body.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

18. - Top - End - #438

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Huh. I never figured Discord as having feathers over quite so much of his body.
    He doesn't.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Although my two squad wipes are detailed above, several close calls and rookie deaths are the results of 90% chances failing. I missed a 90% capture chance twice in a row on a floater, though that one didn't lead to any casualties. And I'm sorry you didn't get a nickname. I can make a Diego Havoc II if you want.
    I'm always up for an Amish Pirate II.

Let's just hope he doesn't UTTERLY DISAPPOINT ME. Like his LAZY PREDECESSOR.

WHAT A PUNK HE WAS.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

What i loved about new MLP series?
    - Well structured universe (it showed many origins and history of Equestria)
    - Flawed characters (Pinkie Pie is happy go lucky
    Spoiler
    Show
    but she has a self esteem of Pelagius the Mad from Elderscrolls. Unfortunately, Discord (MLP's Sheogorath) decided to exploit on it.
    I think of it as My Little Pony: Now with more mental breakdowns)
    I initially watched through clips and parodies like these things. As I watched it, it was more than my opinion that it is too "girly".
    Finally, I loved it, became a brony, and now waiting for november release.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I'm always up for an Amish Pirate II.

Let's just hope he doesn't UTTERLY DISAPPOINT ME. Like his LAZY PREDECESSOR.

WHAT A PUNK HE WAS.
    Oh! Oh! Can I get in on this? I volunteer to carry the grenades. All of them. And nothing else.

22. - Top - End - #442

I'm playing a game of X-com (the turn-based game where you fight an alien invasion) using the names of posters here in ponythread for my soldiers. It's on classic ironman, which is a hard difficulty that doesn't let you take back any mistakes. So I've killed off a good chunk of the thread, but we're still going.
    How many countries have you lost by now? Also, when "I" died, did I at least take a few aliens with me?

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    How many countries have you lost by now? Also, when "I" died, did I at least take a few aliens with me?
    You had a nickname and were an mvp in a couple of my missions before you went down. I was very sad.

I've actually only lost Egypt. I may have totally blown it on the ground, but I have the satellite and equipment production down to a science. At this point I'm probably good for another month, then I can do the alien base, reset panic and be in good shape as long as I can capture a berserker alive to speed up the pace of titan armor research.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    I think of it as My Little Pony: Now with more mental breakdowns)
    "Everypony in this town is CRA-ZY!"

Best. Foreshadowing. Ever.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

The unintentional kind?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

The unintentional kind?
    Sure. Why not?

27. - Top - End - #447

You had a nickname and were an mvp in a couple of my missions before you went down. I was very sad.

I've actually only lost Egypt. I may have totally blown it on the ground, but I have the satellite and equipment production down to a science. At this point I'm probably good for another month, then I can do the alien base, reset panic and be in good shape as long as I can capture a berserker alive to speed up the pace of titan armor research.
    I wish you good luck in your endeavors. I'm still trying to raise enough funds to get satellites over each country. :/

28. - Top - End - #448
    Firbolg in the Playground

Naw, the best is the few seconds of the Parasprite polka in the wedding episods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Bwah-ha-ha-ha
    Tremble before me Ponythread..as of today my age is = to The Answer and I now KNOW ALL!!

actually.. thats not a costume
    Pinkie killed and skinned the changeling that came to imitate her in a changeling costume
    Happy Birthday!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Really? You know all?

What is the terminal air speed velocity of an unladen swallow in mid-flight?
    I think the question about the capital of Assyria has a similar idea behind it. There were four different ones, unless I'm mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

I do, actually. That's just about about the perfect design for a Jack-o-lantern.

And hope you feel better soon.

30. - Top - End - #450

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Naw, the best is the few seconds of the Parasprite polka in the wedding episods.
    Ah, but was it the Parasprite polka...

...or the cutie-mark-granting-party polka?
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!