New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trissociate [3.5 Base Class] (PEACH)

I changed the permissions for the program to Full Control. It seems to work okay now.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thanks for the advice! I've just found the HTML file.
    President and founder of the "Jonathan Harker Was The True Hero of Dracula" Fan club.
    To join, you may either add J.H.W.T.T.H.O.D to your sig or modify the sig above.
    (Avatar darkwizard.png by Teutonic Knight.)

Spoiler: What Pokemon are you?
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93

You should add an Erudite association.

By the way, this is really cool, and I wish I were cool enough to make something even half as cool as this.
    ~ Thanks to Crimmy for Richardtar ~

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarter11 View Post
    I changed the permissions for the program to Full Control. It seems to work okay now.
    Hmm... maybe running as Administrator will allow write access. I'll update the instructions on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Cross View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I've just found the HTML file.
    No problem, glad to be of help. Let me know if you have any comments on the Class (or the HTML).

@Wavelab: Are you still having any trouble with the new steps?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    You should add an Erudite association.
    Erudite has... intepretation issues. That base class either has Unique Powers per Level per Day, which is a meaningless limitation past level 4, or Unique Powers for ALL levels per day, which is overly crippling. This has led to a delay of me adapting it. Although on further consideration, I could just increase the Unique Powers per Day beyond what an Erudite normally gets (and clarify the intepretation as such). How does this look:

Erudite Association
    Erudite Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    {table]Level | Erudite Powers Known | Erudite Maximum Power Level Known | Erudite Unique Powers Per Day
    Starter | - | - | - |
    1 | 1 | 1 | 01 |
    2 | 2 | 1 | 02 |
    3 | 3 | 1 | 03 |
    4 | 4 | 1 | 04 |
    5 | 5 | 2 | 04 |
    6 | 6 | 2 | 05 |
    7 | 7 | 3 | 06 |
    8 | 8 | 3 | 07 |
    9 | 9 | 4 | 07 |
    10 | 10 | 4 | 08 |
    11 | 11 | 5 | 09 |
    12 | 12 | 5 | 10 |
    13 | 13 | 6 | 10 |
    14 | 14 | 6 | 11 |
    15 | 15 | 7 | 12 |
    16 | 16 | 7 | 13 |
    17 | 17 | 8 | 13 |
    18 | 18 | 8 | 14 |
    19 | 20 | 9 | 15 |
    [/table]

Erudite Association Progression (Based on Trissociate Level)
    {table]Level | Psion Power Points
    1 | 1
    2 | 2
    3 | 3
    4 | 5
    5 | 7
    6 | 9
    7 | 12
    8 | 15
    9 | 18
    10 | 22
    11 | 27
    12 | 32
    13 | 37
    14 | 43
    15 | 49
    16 | 56
    17 | 63
    18 | 70
    19 | 78
    20 | 86
    [/table]

Psionics: You gain Intelligence based Manifesting Powers as an Erudite. Your Manifester level is equal to your Trissociate level. Your Power Points available follows your Trissociate level, instead of your Associate level, as described in the 2nd table above. You gain bonus Power Points based on your Intelligence score. Hence, at Trissociate level 1, you have a power point pool, and can start taking Psionic feats (even if your Erudite association is secondary, and you do not know any powers yet).

Your Powers known however, is still based on your Associate level, and follows the 1st table above. The 'Erudite Powers Known' column indicates the powers you automatically gain for free, from advancing in levels. Besides these powers, you can also add additional powers to your repertoire. This works as per a normal Erudite except as noted here: Adding a new power costs 20 XP per Trissociate level.

Erudite Unique Powers Per Day: An Erudite associate manifests psionic powers, paying for each manifestation with an expenditure of power points. Unlike a Psion, an Erudite associate is limited to manifesting a certain number of unique psionic powers from ALL levels per day, from the repertoire of powers he knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lord View Post
    By the way, this is really cool, and I wish I were cool enough to make something even half as cool as this.
    Thank you!
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

no starter? perhaps the psicrystal that all erudites get for seemingly no good reason?

anyway, the binder and meldshaper associations don't seem to have, well, the feel of the classes themselves. a lot of their feel comes from the ability to mix and match powers to create certain synergies, by limiting binders to one vestige and meldshapers to so few soulmelds and chakra binds, the playstyle of the trissociate with those associations seems like it wouldn't really even resemble the original classes very much. I mean, doubling up on the incarnum associations ... probably would feel about right, but the binder association seems off.

also, totemist association has the incarnate alignment text, probably an error.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

OK, I've updated EZ-trissociate so that besides the HTML file, it also generates a TXT file with GITP forum code. I've also added Wu Jen and Shugenja associations (fairly easy since they are basically wizard/sorcerer with the names changed and different spell list).

Quote Originally Posted by sreservoir View Post
    no starter? perhaps the psicrystal that all erudites get for seemingly no good reason?
    They get the standard psionics starter: A power point reserve which lets them gain psionic focus, and take psionic feats.

also, totemist association has the incarnate alignment text, probably an error.
    Yup, thats a copy pasta error. Thanks for pointing it out.

anyway, the binder and meldshaper associations don't seem to have, well, the feel of the classes themselves. a lot of their feel comes from the ability to mix and match powers to create certain synergies, by limiting binders to one vestige and meldshapers to so few soulmelds and chakra binds, the playstyle of the trissociate with those associations seems like it wouldn't really even resemble the original classes very much. I mean, doubling up on the incarnum associations ... probably would feel about right, but the binder association seems off.
    This goes back to the design decision on how much of a class to include in its corresponding association. Where possible, I opted for an association to have the same "maximum power" as the base class, but with not as much breadth or depth. Hence a Wizard associate gets level 9 spells, but only 1 slot compared to the normal 4. Similiarly, a Binder gets access to level 8 vestiges, but only 1 vestige. An Incarnate still has full powered soulmelds (from the +2 max essentia bonus), but he only has 3 soulmelds and 2 chakra binds in all.

The option of mixing and matching to create synergies is still there, but mostly across your 3 different Associations.

For example, you could make an Druid / Binder / Incarnate (not necessarily in that order), which uses Insightful Binder to be Wis focused. This particular combination was chosen since each of these Associations are 'flexible' (could vary its strategy day by day). This is also just a top-of-my-head possibility, there probably are better options.

One day, you might decide that you want to be a rear line support, so you shape dissolving spittle and Felmist Robes, bind Zceryll, and prepare Master Air (and perhaps various other Druid Battlefield Control). Hence you could fly around summoning aliens, while shooting acid during the cooldown period.

The next day, you want to use melee instead. So you bind Chupoclops for pounce and poison bite, shape soulmelds that enhance melee (e.g. Incarnate Weapon), and prepare Bite of the Were-X. (You could also prepare Venomfire for use with poison bite, but thats probably too cheesy.)

Ultimately, each Association must be balanced against other associations, and against other classes*. In the given scenario above, you might begin to see how being able to bind multiple full powered vestiges might make the Binder Associate too strong (certainly stronger than a straight binder). Or having more soulmelds/chakra binds might make the Incarnate completely overshadow a straight Incarnate.

*There is an intentional exception to this general rule of balance. The Trissociate aims for tier 3, and hence the Associations based on tier 5 classes (monk, soulknife, paladin) should be clearly stronger than the base class, when used in combination with other associations.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!

7. - Top - End - #97

RedWizardGuy

Sorry, could you please provide a new link to the EZ-Trissociate program, as the current Mediafire link doesn't work. And does the new program include the Erudite Association? That would fit my Trissociate build far better than Psion.
    President and founder of the "Jonathan Harker Was The True Hero of Dracula" Fan club.
    To join, you may either add J.H.W.T.T.H.O.D to your sig or modify the sig above.

Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry, could you please provide a new link to the EZ-Trissociate program, as the current Mediafire link doesn't work.
    The link apparently still works for me, so if you are having trouble, then reuploading to mediafire probably will not help. See if Skydrive Mirror works.

And does the new program include the Erudite Association? That would fit my Trissociate build far better than Psion.
    Yup, Erudite has been added.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99

RedWizardGuy

Yes, the Skydrive Mirror link works. And the Erudite Association has been added, and I've replaced the Psion Association with the Erudite Association..

Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

I've added a half-fiend variant for the Molydeus. Since it was the only variant half-fiend that gets full SLA progression.

Yes, the Skydrive Mirror link works. And the Erudite Association has been added, and I've replaced the Psion Association with the Erudite Association..
    Well, if its not too much trouble, let me know how it plays out.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

I very much like this class very good for adaption :)

I was wondering if you could add a
    Duelist association: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/p...s/duelist.html
    and a
    Spy Master association: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/a...masterSpy.html
    Last edited by JonathonWilder; 2012-08-17 at 11:47 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

@JonathanWilder you can make a duelist with rogue and martial sage associations using the anarchic sage thingy to add int to AC. Master spy can be done with rogue and the shadow association.
    If Kymme could grant spells to clerics, his domains would be art and awesome. He also made my avatar.

Also, I apparently made some things.
    Feats
    The Savonian Shadowlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Go to the largest library in the campaign world and tell him you're researching whether there's some powerful artifact lost to the bowels of time that could accomplish such a feat. If he doesn't take the bait, it means his DM bone is broken and he needs to be put down.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Minor updates:
    • Added Alu-Demon variant for Half-Fiend.
    • Some tweaks to what info EZ-Trissociate includes, so that it now stands alone better
    • Half-Undead DR is now Silver and Magic, in order to make it comparable to adamantium. I am still pondering how to merge its scaling Fast Healing with the Fast Healing talent, without having to juggle Hit point cutoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathonWilder View Post
    I very much like this class very good for adaption :)

I was wondering if you could add a
    Duelist association: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/p...s/duelist.html
    and a
    Spy Master association: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/a...masterSpy.html
    I am sadly unfamiliar with Pathfinder material. That said, it seems that anacalgion has some good ideas on how to emulate those classes.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

OK, I need some opinions. After a bit of playtesting, I have found the current cooldown system for Sublime (where you have to wait a number of rounds equal to maneuver level to recover it) to be rather bookkeeping heavy.

I have hence devised an alternate recovery system, shameless cribbed from magical girl Illuminations, based on Points instead. Basically you have a pool of Sublime Points, initiating a maneuver consumes some Points, and your pool gradually replenishes over time.

Can you kind folks take a look at the current iteration and tell me what you think? Is total pool size too high/low? Is replenishment speed too fast/slow? Right now its built so that at level 20 you can fire off one level 9 maneuver every 3 rounds or so (since an Association is effectively 1/3 of the class).

Spoiler
    Show

Sublime (Point Pool) Association Progression (Based on Associate Level)
    {table]Level | Highest Maneuver Level | Maneuvers Known | Stances Known | Sublime Point Pool Maximum (Recovery) | Special
    Starter | 1 | 1 | - | 3 (0) | No Combat Recovery
    1 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 3 (1) |
    2 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 6 (1) |
    3 | 2 | 3 | 1 | 9 (2) |
    4 | 2 | 3 | 1 | 12 (2) |
    5 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 15 (3) |
    6 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 18 (3) |
    7 | 4 | 5 | 2 | 21 (4) |
    8 | 4 | 5 | 2 | 24 (4) |
    9 | 5 | 6 | 3 | 27 (5) |
    10 | 5 | 6 | 3 | 30 (5) |
    11 | 6 | 7 | 3 | 33 (6) |
    12 | 6 | 7 | 3 | 36 (6) |
    13 | 7 | 8 | 3 | 39 (7) |
    14 | 7 | 8 | 3 | 42 (7) |
    15 | 8 | 9 | 4 | 45 (8) |
    16 | 8 | 9 | 4 | 48 (8) |
    17 | 9 | 10 | 4 | 51 (9) |
    18 | 9 | 10 | 4 | 54 (9) |
    19 | 9 | 11 | 4 | 60 (10) |
    [/table]

Sublime (Point Pool) Skills: Add Martial Lore and the respective key skills of your 2 chosen disciplines to your Trissociate class skill list.

Maneuvers: Pick any 2 disciplines. If the discipline you selected requires a special feat to qualify for (e.g. certain homebrew disiplines), you must acquire that feat before learning maneuvers from that discipline. You gain maneuvers from these disciplines with your initiator level equal to your Trissociate level. Your maneuvers known and stances known are detailed in the table above. You always ready all the Sublime association maneuvers that you know (hence there is no maneuvers readied column). Unlike other Martial adepts, you may not swap out your maneuvers known when you level.

Sublime Point Pool: You have a pool of Sublime Points, the maximum size of which is detailed in the table above. When you initiate a Sublime association maneuver, you must spend a number of Sublime Points equal to 3 times the maneuver's level (e.g. a Level 1 maneuver would cost 3 Sublime Points to use). You cannot initiate a maneuver if the Sublime Points spent would bring your pool below 0. The Maneuver is not expended, and is ready to initiate again the next round (provided you have the Sublime Points to support it). Your Sublime Point Pool gradually replenishes itself. Once per round, at the start of your turn, add the indicated Recovery number to your Sublime Point Pool. You cannot exceed your pool's maximum size.

Other Notes: Because you ready all the Sublime association maneuvers which you know, you cannot apply the Adaptive Style feat, or the Extra Maneuver Readied feat to your Sublime association maneuvers (although you may still use it for other Martial Adept classes to which it applies). However you can still take and benefit normally from other Martial Adept Feats, such as Martial Study and Martial Stance.

No Combat Recovery: Your starter ability is a single maneuver, selected as described above, from one of your 2 disciplines. You may use this maneuver once per encounter, spending 3 Sublime Points in the process. However, you have no Sublime Point recovery within combat, and so that maneuver can only be used once per encounter. When the fight is over, you may replenish your Sublime Point Pool by entering Mastery Meditation which restores it to full.

Automatic Mastery Talents
    Recover Sublime Points: Without needing to enter Mastery Meditation, as a free action, you may spend 1 Mastery Point to regain 3 Sublime Points. You still cannot exceed your pool's maximum size.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

No feedback at all?

Anyway, while building Clarissa for the NPC playtest, I found myself wishing there were more Focus to choose from.

So I revamped the Focus list a little. There are now more options, granting a wider variety of possible BAB, bonus HP, skills per level and proficiencies.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I did a test session with one character with the cooldown sublime system and one with the points system. I gotta say that the points was more enjoyable and more flexible I thought.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't suppose, incidentally, that you might publicly release the source of the ez_trissociate, possibly put it up in some sort of source control?

mostly because, like with every program I see, I have an unfounded certainty that I can do it better, but also because I want to produce a version which outputs pandoc native representation, but /all those tables/, I'd much rather programmatically dump those than reproduce them.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Sample Class:
    Dhampir Sulime Rogue
    (Stalker focus: Sublime (Point Pool), Rogue, Half-Undead)

Class Feature Progression
    Spoiler
    Show

{table]Level | Highest Maneuver Level | Maneuvers Known | Stances Known | Sublime Point Pool Maximum (Recovery) | Rogue Sneak Attack | Undead Fortification | Undead Damage Reduction | Undead Fast Healing (Max HP) | Special
    1 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 3 (1) | +1 | - | - | - | Mastery Meditation, Armored Caster (Light), Learnt Mastery Talent 1, Undead Bonus to Saves
    2 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 6 (1) | +1d6 | 10% | 1/Silver and Magic | 1 (20%) | Immunity to non-lethal damage, Slam Attack, Darkvision 60 ft
    3 | 2 | 3 | 1 | 9 (2) | +1d6 | 10% | 1/Silver and Magic | 1 (20%) | Focus Feature 1
    4 | 2 | 3 | 1 | 12 (2) | +1d6 +1d4 | 20% | 2/Silver and Magic | 1 (40%) | Rogue-Trap Sense +1, Ability Damage Immunity 1, Immunity to Sleep Effects
    5 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 15 (3) | +1d6 +1d4 | 20% | 2/Silver and Magic | 1 (40%) | Learnt Mastery Talent 2
    6 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 18 (3) | +2d6 +1d2 | 30% | 3/Silver and Magic | 1 (60%) | Rogue-Uncanny Dodge, Ability Damage Immunity 2, Immunity to Poison
    7 | 4 | 5 | 2 | 21 (4) | +2d6 +1d2 | 30% | 3/Silver and Magic | 1 (60%) | Focus Feature 2
    8 | 4 | 5 | 2 | 24 (4) | +3d6 | 40% | 4/Silver and Magic | 1 (80%) | Rogue-Trap Sense +2, Ability Damage Immunity 3, Immunity to Disease
    9 | 5 | 6 | 3 | 27 (5) | +3d6 | 40% | 4/Silver and Magic | 1 (80%) | Learnt Mastery Talent 3
    10 | 5 | 6 | 3 | 30 (5) | +3d6 +1d4 | 50% | 5/Silver and Magic | 1 (100%) | Rogue-Improved Uncanny Dodge, Ability Drain Immunity 1, Immunity to Fatigue and Exhaustion
    11 | 6 | 7 | 3 | 33 (6) | +3d6 +1d4 | 50% | 5/Silver and Magic | 1 (100%) | Focus Feature 3
    12 | 6 | 7 | 3 | 36 (6) | +4d6 +1d2 | 60% | 6/Silver and Magic | 2 (100%) | Rogue-Trap Sense +3, Ability Drain Immunity 2, Immunity to Energy Drain
    13 | 7 | 8 | 3 | 39 (7) | +4d6 +1d2 | 60% | 6/Silver and Magic | 2 (100%) | Learnt Mastery Talent 4
    14 | 7 | 8 | 3 | 42 (7) | +5d6 | 70% | 7/Silver and Magic | 4 (100%) | Rogue-Special Ability 1, Ability Drain Immunity 3, Immunity to Paralysis
    15 | 8 | 9 | 4 | 45 (8) | +5d6 | 70% | 7/Silver and Magic | 4 (100%) | Focus Feature 4
    16 | 8 | 9 | 4 | 48 (8) | +5d6 +1d4 | 80% | 8/Silver and Magic | 6 (100%) | Rogue-Trap Sense +4, Ability Drain Immunity 4, Immunity to Death from Massive Damage
    17 | 9 | 10 | 4 | 51 (9) | +5d6 +1d4 | 80% | 8/Silver and Magic | 6 (100%) | Learnt Mastery Talent 5
    18 | 9 | 10 | 4 | 54 (9) | +6d6 +1d2 | 90% | 9/Silver and Magic | 8 (100%) | Rogue-Special Ability 2, Ability Drain Immunity 5, Immunity to Stunning
    19 | 9 | 11 | 4 | 60 (10) | +6d6 +1d2 | 90% | 9/Silver and Magic | 8 (100%) | Focus Feature 5
    20 | 9 | 11 | 4 | 60 (10) | +7d6 | 100% | 10/Silver and Magic | 10 (100%) | Rogue-Trap Sense +5, Ability Drain Immunity 6, Immunity to Death Effects, Timeless Body
    [/table]

Other Progression
    {table]Level | Base Attack Bonus | Reflex | Fort | Will | Mastery Points | Trissociate Bonus
    1 | +0 | +2 | +2 | +0 | 5 | 1
    2 | +1 | +3 | +3 | +0 | 6 | 1
    3 | +2 | +3 | +3 | +1 | 7 | 1
    4 | +3 | +4 | +4 | +1 | 8 | 1
    5 | +3 | +4 | +4 | +1 | 9 | 2
    6 | +4 | +5 | +5 | +2 | 11 | 2
    7 | +5 | +5 | +5 | +2 | 13 | 2
    8 | +6/+1 | +6 | +6 | +2 | 15 | 2
    9 | +6/+1 | +6 | +6 | +3 | 17 | 3
    10 | +7/+2 | +7 | +7 | +3 | 20 | 3
    11 | +8/+3 | +7 | +7 | +3 | 23 | 3
    12 | +9/+4 | +8 | +8 | +4 | 26 | 3
    13 | +9/+4 | +8 | +8 | +4 | 29 | 4
    14 | +10/+5 | +9 | +9 | +4 | 33 | 4
    15 | +11/+6/+1 | +9 | +9 | +5 | 37 | 4
    16 | +12/+7/+2 | +10 | +10 | +5 | 41 | 4
    17 | +12/+7/+2 | +10 | +10 | +5 | 45 | 5
    18 | +13/+8/+3 | +11 | +11 | +6 | 50 | 5
    19 | +14/+9/+4 | +11 | +11 | +6 | 55 | 5
    20 | +15/+10/+5 | +12 | +12 | +6 | 60 | 5
    [/table]

Specific Class Features
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit Die: D6 (Additionally Stalker focus gives +1 HP per Trissociate level)

Class Skills (6 + Int modifier per level): With Skill Category focus, all skills are class skills.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Stalker focus Trissociate is proficient with all simple weapons, and 1 martial weapon of his choosing. He is also proficient with light armor, and with all shields (except for Tower Shields).

Special (Skill): You choose may choose to gain either Trapfinding (as the Rogue class feature), or the Track feat on level 1. This choice once made, is permanent. (Not included in the table above)

Focus Feature (Skill): Whenever you gain a Focus Feature, you may select any feat that you qualify for, which falls under one of the following categories:
    *Any feat that provides a bonus to one or more skills (including skill focus and the skill affinity feats)
    *Darkstalker (Lords of Madness)
    *Certain Associate Feats, such as Insightful Binder feat for the Binder Associate
    *Alternatively, you may select Average Skill (see below)

Average Skill:
    Requirements: Skill Category Focus Trissociate
    Special: This can only be taken as a Focus Feature, and cannot be bought using normal character feats.
    Benefit: A Trissociate may select any one skill on his class skill list. Henceforth he can always take 10 on any skill check based off that skill, even if stress and distractions would normally prevent him from doing so. This is similiar to the Rogue's Skill Mastery Special Ability, except that it only applies to one skill. This skill selection is permanent and may not be changed barring special and intensive retraining (read: DM fiat).
    Special: This feat can be selected multiple times. Each time it applies to a new skill.

Maneuvers: Pick any 2 disciplines. If the discipline you selected requires a special feat to qualify for (e.g. certain homebrew disiplines), you must acquire that feat before learning maneuvers from that discipline. You gain maneuvers from these disciplines with your initiator level equal to your Trissociate level. Your maneuvers known and stances known are detailed in the table above. You always ready all the Sublime association maneuvers that you know (hence there is no maneuvers readied column). Unlike other Martial adepts, you may not swap out your maneuvers known when you level.

Sublime Point Pool: You have a pool of Sublime Points, the maximum size of which is detailed in the table above. When you initiate a Sublime association maneuver, you must spend a number of Sublime Points equal to 3 times the maneuver's level (e.g. a Level 1 maneuver would cost 3 Sublime Points to use). You cannot initiate a maneuver if the Sublime Points spent would bring your pool below 0. The Maneuver is not expended, and is ready to initiate again the next round (provided you have the Sublime Points to support it). Your Sublime Point Pool gradually replenishes itself. Once per round, at the start of your turn, add the indicated Recovery number to your Sublime Point Pool. You cannot exceed your pool's maximum size.

Other Notes: Because you ready all the Sublime association maneuvers which you know, you cannot apply the Adaptive Style feat, or the Extra Maneuver Readied feat to your Sublime association maneuvers (although you may still use it for other Martial Adept classes to which it applies). However you can still take and benefit normally from other Martial Adept Feats, such as Martial Study and Martial Stance.

Others: You gain class features as per the Rogue according to the table above.
    Special: You can trade your Trap Sense, to gain the Penetrating Strike ACF (Dungeonscape).

Undead Fortification (Ex): As you become more Undead-like, you become less vulnerable to precision damage. When you are struck by a critical hit, or a precision damage attack (such as sneak attack, sudden strike or skirmish), there is a chance that the critical hit or precision damage is negated and damage is instead rolled normally, as indicated by the percentage in the column.

Undead Fast Healing (Ex): You gain the indicated amount of fast healing as you progress. However, you are initially unable to fast heal all your HP. Instead, your fast healing brings you up to a maximum percentage of your HP (rounded down), as indicated within the brackets. E.g. Lets say we have level 1 Half-Undead primary associate. He uses maximum HP (d6) for 1st level, and has 14 Constitution, so his total HP is 8. Hence his fast healing can take him to a maximum of 20% of his total HP or 1.6, which is rounded down to 1.

Undead Bonus to Saves (Ex): You add your Trissociate level as a bonus to saving throws against: sleep effects, non-lethal damage, poison, fatigue and exhaustion, disease, paralysis, energy drain, stunning, death from massive damage and death effects. At later levels, you gain immunity to these various effects.

Others: Your Rogue associate starter ability is a single point of sneak attack damage.

Slam Attack (Ex): You gain a slam attack, if you do not already have one, whose damage follows the table below. If you already have one, you can choose to retain your old damage value, or use the appropriate value from the table below, whichever is better.

{table]Size|Slam Damage
    Fine|1
    Diminutive|1d2
    Tiny|1d3
    Small|1d4
    Medium|1d6
    Large|1d8
    Huge|2d6
    Gargantuan|2d8
    Colossal|4d6
    [/table]

Ability Damage Immunity (Ex): Select one physical ability score (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution). You gain immunity to Ability Damage to that score. Each time you gain this ability, select a different physical score.

Ability Drain Immunity (Ex): Select one ability score (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma). You gain immunity to Ability Drain to that score. Each time you gain this ability, select a different physical score.

Primary Automatic Mastery Talents
    Recover Sublime Points: Without needing to enter Mastery Meditation, as a free action, you may spend Mastery Points to regain Sublime Points. Each Mastery Point you spend provides you with 3 Sublime Points. You still cannot exceed your pool's maximum size.

Secondary Automatic Mastery Talents (available from Trissociate level 2 onwards)
    Boost Sneak Attack: As a free action, you may spend mastery points to increase the damage dealt by a successful Sneak Attack. You activate this ability after making a successful Sneak Attack (i.e. it has hit the enemy) but before you roll for damage. This costs 1 Mastery Point, and adds a number of d6 Sneak Attack dice, equal to your Trissociate bonus (E.g. a Trissociate bonus of +3 grants you an additional +3d6 of Sneak Attack damage). If you have multiple attacks (e.g. from two weapon fighting or iterative BAB), you can apply Boost Sneak Attack to each successful attack seperately.

Undead Faster Healing: This ability can be triggered by spending 1 Mastery Point as a free action and does not require Mastery Meditation. It lasts for 10 rounds, during which it increases your Undead Fast Healing amount by your Trissociate bonus. Additionally, during this time, you can Fast Heal up to 100% of your HP, regardless of your normal limit.

E.g. Lets say we have level 1 Half-Undead primary associate. He uses maximum HP (d6) for 1st level, and has 14 Constitution, so his total HP is 8. Normally his fast healing can take him to a maximum of 20% of his total HP or 1.6, which is rounded down to 1. But he can spend 1 Mastery Point to trigger Undead Faster Healing, which increases his Fast Healing by his Trissociate Bonus (in this case +1), to a total of 2. And he can Fast Heal up to his full 8 HP.

Common Trissociate Class Features
    Spoiler
    Show

(Author's Note: this set of features is common for all Trissociates regardless of Focus or Associations selection. You probably only need to read this once, when making your first Trissociate. Hence, it has been seperated out and placed at the end, so that you can skip it if you want, for subsequent Trissociates.)

Chosen Save (Ex): Depending on the Focus he has picked, a Trissociate has one of his saves become good (Fortitude for Battle, Reflex for Skill, Will for Mental). Besides this Focus Save, he may pick a second save to have good progression. His third save then has poor progression, unless modified by one of the Trissociate selected Associations.

Mastery Points (Ex): A Trissociate has a pool of Mastery points, which he can use to augment his abilities in various ways (depending on his selected Focus and Associations). A Trissociates has a maximum number of Mastery points as listed in the table above. He can restore 1/8 of his pool (rounded up) for each hour of rest he takes. Hence he can completely restore his pool by resting for 8 hours, but even if his rest is interrupted, his Mastery Points will be partially restored. Unless otherwise stated, any usage of his Mastery Pool is considered an Extraordinary ability.

Mastery Meditation (Ex): A Trissociate can focus his mind to replenish the various spent abilities he gains from his Associations, usually (but not always) spending Mastery points in the process. Entering Mastery Meditation simply requires 5 minutes of concentration. Mastery Meditation ends when the Trissociate wants it to, although it also automatically ends whenever the Trissociate takes damage.

While in Mastery Meditation, a Trissociate can freely channel as many Mastery points as he posesses, to recovering his Association's abilities. He cannot willingly move from his position, although he can be moved by others (e.g. if he is sitting on a cart), and as such is considered flat-footed while Meditating. Otherwise he can take any action he normally could, including casting spells.

Adaptation: There are some character concepts for whom meditation might not be an appropriate activity. In these cases, you can replace Mastery Meditation with 5 minutes of some other suitable non-combat activity. For example, a pious character might pray for 5 minutes. Other possible activities include: martial exercises, polishing equipment, singing and dancing on the spot, howling (at the moon), or even simply resting.

Trissociate Bonus (Ex): Many Mastery Talents (both learnt and automatic) provide a numerical bonus to a particular ability. The numerical bonus is based on the Trissociate bonus, which gradually improves as indicated, when the Trissociate advances.

Armored Caster (Ex): When casting spells, invocations, and other similiar abilities that might be affected by Arcane Spell Failure which he gains from his Associations, a Trissociate can ignore Arcane Spell Failure from light armor, but not from shields. (Unless otherwise stated, Spell Like Abilites work normally and hence do not suffer from Arcane Spell Failure at all.)

Learnt Mastery Talents (Ex): A Mastery Talent is a trick that costs Mastery points, and which a Trissociate can use to augment himself in some way. Some Mastery Talents are automatically known depending on his selected Associations (see Associations below). Whereas other must be learnt. This column indicates the number of Learnable Mastery Talents which a Trissociate knows.

Learnable Mastery Talents
    Spoiler
    Show

Whenever a Trissociate can learn a new Mastery Talent, he selects one talent from the list below. This selection is permanent and cannot be changed, barring special and intensive retraining (read: DM fiat). Unless otherwise stated, all Learnable Mastery Talents are extraordinary abilities that are activated as a free action. The bonus each provides is an untyped bonus which stacks with everything else, but not with itself (so the same talent cannot be applied repeatedly).

Save Boost: Whenever he makes a saving throw, a Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point to add his Trissociate bonus to that saving throw. This does not require any action on his part, and he can activate this talent even when it is not his turn. In the event he gets to make a reroll of the same saving throw, he may reapply this bonus to the reroll, without spending additional points.

Fast Heal: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery Point to gain fast healing equal to his Trissociate Bonus, for 10 rounds. This fast healing stacks with one other source of fast healing of his choice (changeable every round). He may choose to activate this ability even when he is dying, which automatically stabilizes him.

E.g. Lets say a level 6 Trissociate with a Trissociate bonus of +2 is under the effect of the vigor spell which grants him Fast Healing of 2. He can activate his Trissociate Bonus Fast Healing of 2 points. He can choose to stack his Trissociate Fast Healing on top of the vigor spell for a total of 4 points of Fast Healing.

Attack Boost: Whenever he makes an attack rolls, a Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point to add his Trissociate Bonus to that particular attack roll. Trissociate may choose to use this ability multiple times per round, for each seperate attack which he makes (e.g. iterative full attack).

Speed Boost: A Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point to increase his speed for all modes of movement, which lasts until the start of his next turn. The speed increase so gained, is equal to his Trissociate bonus multiplied by 10 ft.

Skill Boost: Whenever he makes a skill check, a Trissociate may spend 1 Mastery point to gain a bonus equal to his Trissociate Bonus to that single skill check, regardless of how long the check takes (e.g. a Gather Information check may take several hours). He may also apply this bonus when he is taking 10 or 20 to that skill check (provided circumstances allow him to take 10 or 20 in the first place).

Penetration: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to caster, manifester, invoker or meldshaper level rolls, for the purpose of overcoming spell or power resistance.

Resilience: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to Dispel DC, making the effect harder to dispel. He can also apply this to the effective meldshaper level of his soulmelds, for the purposes of resisting suppression checks (e.g. Dispel Magic) and unshaping checks (Unshape Soulmeld and Soulmeld Disjunction). He may apply this bonus when he is shaping his soulmelds, and he must spend 1 Mastery point for each seperate soulmeld affected, and the effect lasts for 24 hours. Should he wish to regain the bonus beyond 24 hours, he must reshape his soulmelds and spend Mastery points again.

Lingering: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his Trissociate Bonus to caster level for the purpose of determining the effect's duration. Spells / powers / soulmelds whose duration is not affected by caster level (e.g. endure elements) are not affected.

Extended Reach: Whenever a Trissociate uses a spell, spell-like-ability, invocation, psionic power or soulmeld obtained from his Associations, he may spend 1 Mastery point as part of the casting / manifesting / invoking action, to add his twice his Trissociate Bonus to caster level, for the purpose of determining the effect's range. Spells / powers / soulmelds which have a fixed range (e.g. personal, touch) are not affected.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2013-02-09 at 10:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Small Update
    • Added Scout Association. To prevent confusion with the Scout Focus, the Scout Focus has been renamed to Stalker (and Stalker Focus has been renamed to Expert). Also for similiar reasons, Skirmisher Focus has been renamed to Mobility.
    • Revised Rogue Association: It has lost 1 special ability in exchange for Trap Sense +5. This now allows Rogue Associates to trade in their Trap Sense for the Penetrating Strike ACF from Dungeonscape.
    • Removed the Cooldown Sublime Association from EZ-Trissociate

Quote Originally Posted by desero clades View Post
    I did a test session with one character with the cooldown sublime system and one with the points system. I gotta say that the points was more enjoyable and more flexible I thought.
    OK. Thank you for the testrun.

I don't suppose, incidentally, that you might publicly release the source of the ez_trissociate, possibly put it up in some sort of source control?
    I'm open to suggestions. Otherwise I could just upload a zip of the project. (Also reverse compiling Jar files is apparently fairly easy).

but also because I want to produce a version which outputs pandoc native representation, but /all those tables/, I'd much rather programmatically dump those than reproduce them.
    Out of curiosity, why do you want to use Pandoc? Also, doesn't Pandoc already handle HTML to other stuff conversion? So, if you wanted other formats, starting from HTML shouldn't be too difficult.

I originally chose HTML as the default output since anybody who could download the program, could also easily view and print the output through a web browser. Using Pandoc native as the default, adds on an additional installation/conversion step which the less technically inclined folks might have trouble with (and thats considering how much trouble they had with just the Java program alone).
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2013-02-09 at 10:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Tweaks done to the following Associations:
    • Lycanthropy revamped. Base Animal Stat Cap removed to allow greater variety of animals to be viable. Physical Ability Score Boost tweaked so that it won't be too overpowering at level 20 without the cap.
    • Elemental Savant updated with better feat support. Elemental Strike now has melee options to enable Elemental Knight (or Thief) concepts
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I take one association three times? Like wiz/wiz/wiz and go full BAB wizard?

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

I don't think so...

But, you could theoretically play a wizard/wu jen/archivist, which does the same kind of thing. And you'd also get your full BAB. It'd be similar to a mystic theurge with full BAB. Sheer quantities of spells, but losing access to the top level of them hurts. I'd probably go expert: I can't do that much with my BAB that I can't do with my insane spells/day, and I already have more than enough spells that I don't need too many mastery points. Skills are always useful though. The only problem then is the lack of cool feats to take with it...

(And the wiz/wu jen/arch is probably better than wiz/wiz/wiz, due to the larger range of accessable spells)

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

I was pretty much thinking of how to use this for polymorph abuse... maybe wiz/turn undead/cler would be good so I could cherry-pick my persistable buffs.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

For polymorph abuse... I suppose that'd help, but you delay access to polymorph in the process. I'm not sure if it's worth it... I think pure wizard is still the better option.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    Can I take one association three times? Like wiz/wiz/wiz and go full BAB wizard?
    Designer intent is no. But homebrew being what it is, the answer is really "Yes, if your DM allows you".

If he does allow taking the same assocation more than once, I would recommend limiting bonus spells per day to 1 Association at most (the other associations just provide additional spell slots without stat bonus slots). Which effectively means that on a triple wizard trissociate, you are sacrificing 1 slot/day and earlier spell access for higher HP/skill/BAB. Still not too strong (compared to a straight wizard).

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_redefined View Post
    But, you could theoretically play a wizard/wu jen/archivist, which does the same kind of thing. And you'd also get your full BAB. It'd be similar to a mystic theurge with full BAB.
    In playtesting experience, it isn't nearly as powerful as it sounds. Delayed spell access definitely hurts. Primary Association will be 2 ECL behind in top spell level, secondary associations will be 3 ECL behind, compared to a straight Wizard/Archivist. And its still not that great when compared to a Wizard (precocious apprentice)/Archivist/Mystic Theurge.

I was pretty much thinking of how to use this for polymorph abuse...
    Polymorph breaks everything. Trissociate or otherwise.

In fact, I would recommend minimizing that sort of abuse if you do get to play any sort of homebrew. Homebrew generally gets a bad rep of being hideously overpowered and few DMs allow it. The last thing we want to do is reinforce that image.

maybe wiz/turn undead/cler would be good so I could cherry-pick my persistable buffs.
    Wizard/Archivist/Turn Undead would arguably be less MAD. And would probably still not be as powerful as a straight Archivist/Sacred Exorcist/Other Divine PrC (again delayed spell access hurts).

Also keep in mind that DMM was errata'ed so that it only applies to Divine spells.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

As I said, comparable to a mystic theurge. (Should have specified, not using early entry trickery) Which is still not that great.

While I have the designer here... Would there be any problem with adding "Feats that allow you to use skills in new ways" to the things you can do with a skill monkey's focus features?

This would include, but isn't limited to, Knowledge Devotion (CC), Combat Cloak Panache (PHB2), Intimidating Strike (PHB2), and Keen-eared Scout (PHB2). These are clearly skill-based, but currently cannot be taken by a skill monkey as the focus feature options. (Although average skill is pretty freaking awesome for a skill monkey).

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_redefined View Post
    While I have the designer here... Would there be any problem with adding "Feats that allow you to use skills in new ways" to the things you can do with a skill monkey's focus features?

This would include, but isn't limited to, Knowledge Devotion (CC), Combat Cloak Panache (PHB2), Intimidating Strike (PHB2), and Keen-eared Scout (PHB2).
    Feats that allow you to use skills in new ways is probably fine. Although bizarrely enough, it would include Martial Study: certain maneuvers and Leap Attack.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Hadn't thought of that...

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Minor Updates: Tables have been re-coded for new forum format. The EX-Trissociate compiler likewise now produces text for the new GiTP table format.

Also, I finally found some creative common images to use.

The following feats have been added for Elemental Savant:

Quicken Elemental Melee Charge:
    Requirements: Trissociate Elemental Savant Associate
    Benefit: You may use Elemental Strike to charge any melee weapon as a free action, but Elemental Strike only does half of its normal damage. You still cannot use Elemental Strike more than once per round.
    Special: You may buy this feat with Focus Features.

Rapid Elemental Area Strike:
    Requirements: Trissociate Elemental Savant Associate
    Benefit: You may use Elemental Strike to fire a cone or a line as a standard action instead of a full round action. You still cannot use Elemental Strike more than once per round.
    Special: You may buy this feat with Focus Features.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2014-04-05 at 07:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

As it grows, this class is starting to look less like a class and more like a subsystem. You could run a whole party of Trissociates - heck, you could run multiple games with parties of Trissociates - and not have much overlap at all! Reading over the associations gives me the same bubbly feeling that I get when I flip through a new Player's Handbook for a system I want to try. (In fact, choosing from three tracks reminds me a little of Legend, even though I think the Trissociate predates that game.)

Are you still looking to expand the class? I could see a place for axiomatic and chaotic outsider associations, perhaps. Or associations for some popular homebrew classes/subsystems like gunslingers, evokers, grammarists, spellshapers or evolutionists. (A mythos association might be overkill, do you think?) You're probably drowning in ideas, though.

Come to think of it, a spellshaping association might be as simple as giving your sublime association access to spell-circles instead of martial disciplines, huh?