Initiative: -1
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 14 (+6 natural, -1 dex, -1 size), touch 8, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+21
    Attack: Slam +12 melee (1d8+9)
    Full Attack: Slam +12 melee (1d8+9)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Improved grab, puddin' time!, stuck fast
    Special Qualities: Construct traits, damage reduction 5/adamantium, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to magic, low-light vision
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 22, Dex 9, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1
    Skills: -
    Feats: -
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 8
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: 11–19 HD (Large); 20–28 HD (Huge)
    Level Adjustment: -

This appears as a great mass of viscous light brown material with a vaguely man-like shape that congeals into a lumpy puddle at the bottom. Oddly enough it has an enticing smell about it that fairly makes one's mouth water.

A butterscotch pudding golem is said to have originated from the same Confectimancer who spawned the first gingerbread man. His deranged culinary magics eventually came to an end when in a fit of gluttony, attacked his own stock of animated comestibles to his detriment. Which goes to show you can't have your golem and eat it to.

Combat
    A butterscotch pudding golem attack is straightforward, charging it's opponents and grabbing them up to engulf within itself where they die of both asphyxiation and fatal bloodsugar levels.

Immunity to Magic (Ex): A butterscotch pudding golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below.

A magical attack that deals cold damage slows a butterscotch pudding golem (as the slow spell) for 2d6 rounds, with no saving throw, but grants it a +1 natural armor bonus to AC per 2 hit die of damage dealt. While slowed from cold damage the golem cannot use it's Puddin' Time ability.

A magical attack that deals fire damage heals 1 point of damage for each 3 points of damage the attack would otherwise deal. If the amount of healing would cause the golem to exceed its full normal hit points, it gains any excess as temporary hit points. For example, a butterscotch pudding golem hit by a fireball gains back 6 hit points if the damage total is 18 points. A butterscotch pudding golem gets no saving throw against fire effects.

A Purify Food and Water spell directed at the butterscotch pudding golem heals it 1 hit point. A Create Food and Water spell directed at the butterscotch pudding golem grants it 3d6 temporary hit points +1 per caster level that last 24 hours. A Heroes Feast spell returns it to full hit points.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a butterscotch pudding golem must hit a Huge or smaller foe with a slam attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Butterscotch putting golems are extremely sticky and thus recieve a +4 racial bonus on grapple checks, which is already included in the statistics above.

Puddin' Time! (Ex): A butterscotch pudding golem may engulf a helpless or pinned medium or smaller creature as a full-round action that does not trigger an attack of opportunity. The victim immediately begins to suffocate. A successful opposed strength check allows the victim to free themselves. A butterscotch pudding golem can hold 2 medium, 4 small, 16 tiny, or 32 diminutive creature. Swarms of fine creatures do not damage a butterscotch pudding golem , but are instead absorbed en masse, the swarm taking 2d6 damage per round. A butterscotch pudding golem may eject a captured creature at will.

Stuck Fast (Ex): A weapon that deals damage to a butterscotch pudding golem becomes stuck within its substance unless the wielder succeeds on a DC 21 reflex save. The weapon may be retrieved with a successful disarm check. A butterscotch pudding golem can spend a standard action to cover over a single weapon per round and hide it within its body. The save DC is Strength-based.

If the golem is hit with a bite attack, the attacker loses that attack until it spends a full-round action cleaning the substance from it's mouth.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Creating A Butterscotch Pudding Golem

A butterscotch pudding golem’s body is crafted from a vat's worth of butterscotch pudding. The ingredients must be of exceptional quality, costing 800 gp. Assembling the body requires a DC 16 Profession (gourmet chef) check or a DC 16 Craft(confectionery) check.

CL 9th; Craft Construct, geas/quest, heroes feast, caster must be at least 9th level; Price 24,000 gp; Cost 12,500 gp + 960 XP.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-10-25 at 12:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Creature] IT'S PUDDIN' TIME!

Once again, you've managed to horrify AND amuse me, VP.
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

This goes right along with the butterscotch pudding elemental.

What's with food monsters? [My favorite is still the "Rootin', Tootin', Texas Chili Ooze"].

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2008-06-28 at 10:02 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, we've almost got a whole meal of monsters out there now - the Calzone Golem (from "Something's Cooking") as the main course and now this as the dessert. We just need an appetizer (Soup Ooze? Chicken Wing Golem?) and a drink (I think Beer Ooze would be perfect), and maybe throw in a Salad (NE Large Plant)!
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    • "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    • Homebrew Compendium

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rtg0922 View Post
    and maybe throw in a Salad (NE Large Plant)!
    Haha, Salads... my first thought was, 'They are the most chaotic of courses...'
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2008-06-28 at 01:12 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Vorpal Tribble View Post
    Yeah, that actually works better. I just threw in the NE as a placeholder. You know, if I was DMing right now (for some reason, I'm not being forced to do so for my main group for the first time in about a year) I'd probably right up a short adventure like this...
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    • "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    • Homebrew Compendium

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Vorpal Tribble View Post
    Slaad Salad?
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    Slaad Salad?
    Yeah, my mind did a little letter maneuvering...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Looks pretty good...but don't constructs get bonus hit points based on size? 'Cause it's hp looks a little low...but maybe that's just me.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I am so stealing this for my silly campaign.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Looks pretty good...but don't constructs get bonus hit points based on size? 'Cause it's hp looks a little low...but maybe that's just me.
    And bonus hardness I think.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    You're right. Forgot to add the bonus construct points. Adjusted.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    This goes right along with the butterscotch pudding elemental.
    And the Chocolate Ooze...
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races