New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kasanip: Regarding having to respond to large posts...I'm not sure what to say. I mean, Kaito's not just going to nod and agree 100% with what Sayaka and her dad are saying. And he's a bit loquacious. So...*shrugs*
    Kaito is a little of a worry. He seems to have many "Out of Character" actions.
    Like, to become a interrupt of Ayase's scenes.
    To claim to know 'true nature of gods' (but he did not know shinigami or hollow!)
    To be interrupting and rude and insult to teacher, but character sheet says
    Generally speaking, Kaito is polite, quiet, neat, and observant.
    It is a concern of the scene if only argument of Kaito when Haruaki tries to answer questions. I hope Ayase, Kina, Ken, Michiko and others may make a post and avoid such an argument.

Also to ask now a question for this group: Is explanation ok now from Haruaki? Please tell me if to write different things m(_ _)m.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Regardless, I have a quick question: someone asked me before what grade Mayumi taught, and I was wondering: could she teach multiple grades?
    Yes. What subject does she teach?

OH, one more thing. Would anyone have a problem with, at some point, Mayumi perhaps teaching the younger Quincy characters (Kina, Rex, Alexander, etc) techniques and such? That's one of the reasons why I made her, and I realized that I didn't actually ask anyone if there was a problem with her doing that. So, if the players of the younger Quincies could get back to me on that, that'd be great!
    Such a question is for Quincy players maybe, but to think it is ok. I think players of Quincy character have changed a little.

To have another question for group of SWORD players. What is 'level' of SWORD characters? To have no comparison to Hollow ability or Shinigami ability, it is difficult to make such a criticism I think. It seems they are like 'boss character' to fight?
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Kaito is a little of a worry. He seems to have many "Out of Character" actions.
    ...Wait, what?

Like, to become a interrupt of Ayase's scenes.
    He can't be frustrated at Ayase blatantly lying about being a different person?

To claim to know 'true nature of gods' (but he did not know shinigami or hollow!)
    ...He can't have pre-conceived notions about what sort of being he would believe is an actual deity? Isn't that, like, the bulk of most world religions and philosophies? He can't subscribe to a mindset that says "Those that claim god-hood should display certain characteristics, or I'm going to think they're just arrogant beings who happen to have power"?

Maybe this is a cultural disconnect or something, but Kaito simply said they don't fit what he imagines actual gods would be like. How is that "out of character"? Wouldn't that sort of mindset be in-character for the young genius son of a police investigator?

To be interrupting and rude and insult to teacher, but character sheet says
    Haruaki isn't a teacher. He's this goofy guy running a shrine at the outskirts of town. Oh, he's presenting information to the kids.

Then again, Kaito's merely asking questions, presenting points and counter-points, and just generally engaging in at least some debate. How is that out-of-character?

If he seems frustrated, it's because the "teacher" is giving him the absolute worst sort of attitude about his non-answers: "This is all the info I'm giving you, because." "Because why?" "Because I say so."

It is a concern of the scene if only argument of Kaito when Haruaki tries to answer questions. I hope Ayase, Kina, Ken, Michiko and others may make a post and avoid such an argument.
    I'd love for other characters to pipe in, though Michiko's not in the same room.

But I'm not going to have Kaito passively sit by and not question this radically new information. It goes against his nature.

Also to ask now a question for this group: Is explanation ok now from Haruaki? Please tell me if to write different things m(_ _)m.
    Not sure I understand what you're asking here.

To have another question for group of SWORD players. What is 'level' of SWORD characters? To have no comparison to Hollow ability or Shinigami ability, it is difficult to make such a criticism I think. It seems they are like 'boss character' to fight?
    Well. Right now, I'd say most of them are probably Seated Officer level, when they have all their gear. Note that Josiah's armor is nifty....but as I'll be adding in, it can be damaged such that its effectiveness notably reduces.

Strawberryman's character, Nero, is an impressive fighter...if he has his gear. He's probably decent at hand-to-hand, so he could possibly survive if he was stripped down to jockey shorts and dumped in a fight with a Shinigami, but it's not guaranteed.

Most all of them are spiritually aware humans with no special powers beyond "seeing and interacting with spiritual beings". They may have some "internal reserves of spiritual power" or some such, but said reserves do nothing. The only exception is that Living Vizard Terry made that may or may not be still an intended character.
    Well, the only named exception who we know is a SWORD character. Mrs. Abel is a Quincy, and I'm sure there are Quincy in the ranks of SWORD. But beyond that, they're spiritually-aware humans.

Another way to think of it is:
    SWORD Agent with Gear: Seated officer, at least for the higher ranks.
    SWORD Agent without Gear: Skilled plus, generally speaking.

EDIT: Note. I'm not trying to make an OOC debate in the MW thread. I'm simply trying to model how I think Kaito would respond to the situation, especially taking into account the stress from last night. Even if the shrine has a supernatural calming effect, Kaito would still want answers.

That said...You don't have to give him every answer. If you don't want to respond, have Sayaka or Haruaki rebuff him and say something like "we won't talk of this further, and that's final" or "I'm going to leave that decision up to you", or...really, anything like that.

Kaito is engaged in a conversation. If you want to shut him up, shut down his part of the conversation. Have one of them say "Kaito, be quite now and let others talk and ask questions" or the like. He'd likely do so, if not like the situation.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-10-30 at 10:32 AM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

...Wait, what?

He can't be frustrated at Ayase blatantly lying about being a different person?
    She's... not even in his year. And he started shouting about it in the middle of a life-or-death situation.

...He can't have pre-conceived notions about what sort of being he would believe is an actual deity? Isn't that, like, the bulk of most world religions and philosophies? He can't subscribe to a mindset that says "Those that claim god-hood should display certain characteristics, or I'm going to think they're just arrogant beings who happen to have power"?

Maybe this is a cultural disconnect or something, but Kaito simply said they don't fit what he imagines actual gods would be like. How is that "out of character"? Wouldn't that sort of mindset be in-character for the young genius son of a police investigator?
    "God" isn't really the most accurate translation of kami. More like "spirit". Heck, Erima is a "god", as are regular dead humans. So referring to them as "death-related spirits" isn't pompous, just descriptive.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kami

Haruaki isn't a teacher. He's this goofy guy running a shrine at the outskirts of town. Oh, he's presenting information to the kids.

Then again, Kaito's merely asking questions, presenting points and counter-points, and just generally engaging in at least some debate. How is that out-of-character?

If he seems frustrated, it's because the "teacher" is giving him the absolute worst sort of attitude about his non-answers: "This is all the info I'm giving you, because." "Because why?" "Because I say so."
    He's a wise, respected elder and all that.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-30 at 10:38 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    She's... not even in his year. And they were in the middle of a fight for their lives.
    Yeah, and he didn't dwell on the issue. He just called her "Ayase" in the fight, and kept going. He's more insistent out of the fight though.

Also, he met her at the pool party, and had plenty of time to get a good sense of how she looks. She wears no mask. *shrugs*

"God" isn't really the most accurate translation of kami. More like "spirit". Heck, Erima is a "god".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kami

See, this is where the Dub name of "Soul Reaper" would totally fix this problem, instead of "Death God".

As well, there seems to be a noted difference between "spirits" and "gods", at least in some sense. That said, I'm not terribly familiar with Eastern belief systems.

Can we just assume Kaito means he thinks they're only "spirits", and not the notably more powerful "gods"?

He's a wise, respected elder and all that.
    And Kaito's attempting to engage the wisdom and knowledge he has via carefully crafted questions.

Or is he really supposed to just sit down, shut up, and nod his head, accepting everything he's being told as 100% truth that brooks no questions or disagreement?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, and he didn't dwell on the issue. He just called her "Ayase" in the fight, and kept going. He's more insistent out of the fight though.

Also, he met her at the pool party, and had plenty of time to get a good sense of how she looks. She wears no mask. *shrugs*
    I've always considered a visual shorthand to be in place for things like that - they don't really look the same, but they're treated like it for the sake of the audience. Plus, her behaviour is completely different.

Can we just assume Kaito means he thinks they're only "spirits", and not the notably more powerful "gods"?
    I don't think there's even a distinction (though the Chinese equivalent of kami are distinct from "heavenly beings"). That would be like assuming a "human" is an emperor. And plenty of gods were "just arrogant beings who have power" (eg. the entire Greek pantheon, except maybe Hades).

And Kaito's attempting to engage the wisdom and knowledge he has via carefully crafted questions.

Or is he really supposed to just sit down, shut up, and nod his head, accepting everything he's being told as 100% truth that brooks no questions or disagreement?
    Not saying he can't, just that it would be considered shockingly rude, and you said he was polite.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-30 at 10:53 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I've always considered a visual shorthand to be in place for things like that - they don't really look the same, but they're treated like it for the sake of the audience. Plus, her behaviour is completely different.
    You never stated she actually looked different. And we already went over the bit of her not having a mask. Unless you want me to go back and change every single post referencing this subject IC.

I don't think there's even a distinction (though the Chinese equivalent of kami are distinct from "heavenly beings"). That would be like assuming a "human" is an emperor.
    All emperors in history are humans, but not all humans are emperors.

In the same way, under how i understand the general term, all gods are spirits, but not all spirits are gods. Or something. Which fits with what Kaito said.

I mean, I didn't sit down and define his theology to a "t", because I didn't think this sort of conversation would come about, and I'd rather sidestep that issue entirely.

Really, Kaito's remark about "death god" being an "arrogant name" was meant to be an offhand remark that said more about his attitude, than a central point of a debate.

Not saying he can't, just that it would be considered extremely rude, and you said he was polite.
    Asking questions about a subject that's entirely new to you is "extremely rude"?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

OKAY, here's a couple of pointers.

1) Linguistically speaking, kami literally means God. That said, "God" in Western cultures is supposed to bear omnipotence of some sort. However, strictly speaking as far as Shintoism is concerned (from what I know of it anyways) "kami" is referred to as the deific spark of life contained in every object or being. That is not to say they are necessarily spirits, as spirits are A) not necessarily kami and B) are often independent in manifestation, to the point of being a term applied almost exclusively to ghosts of many different kinds (the word for spirit in Japanese is "Rei", not kami. Thus, there are things such as jibaku-rei, or sitebound spirits - most Plusses fit into this category - or yuurei, haunting spirits). As far as Bleach is concerned, Shinigami are 'kami' because they possess more influence on the spirit world than 'rei'. Hollows would also fit as 'kami' because they feed on 'rei'. In short... yes, this is a linguistic disconnection based on the concept of what constitutes 'God'.

2) I understand that it is generally expected of someone to wait until an explanation is fully given before one asks questions. I believe Kasanip's understanding that Kaito is being rude stems from that. As a shrine priest, Haruaki is more respectable than the father of a church because they are considered to be just as much of a community leader/authority figure as they are religious figures. Plus, he's sitting at his house and enjoying his hospitality. While his being still upset over the events of the previous day is understandable, that doesn't mean he's being any less rude.

EDIT: A third point that occurred to me. In Bleach, the word "Shinigami" is merely a title. It reflects on their duties as arbiters and keepers of the cycle of reincarnation more than anything else - the dub of "Soul Reaper" implies that a Shinigami actually steals/takes/snuffs a soul, which is patently untrue. Spiritual beings are more accurately classified as being "tamashii" or "konpaku" (souls) which we can distribute in two broad categories thereafter - "kami" (capable of direct intervention on the cycle of reincarnation) and "rei" (the object of the cycle of reincarnation that 'kami' act upon).

This last tidbit is something that could be offered as an in-game explanation to sate Kaito's curiosity regarding the Shinigami's supposedly 'arrogant' title.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-10-30 at 11:15 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay, look. Kasanip's explanation has been broken up into sections. And Kaito's not the only one who's made comments or asked questions. He's just the only one who did so in-depth.

I'm sorry if this somehow made him a first-class jerk. It wasn't my intent. My intent was to show that Kaito is someone who questions and probes due to his desire to understand. It wasn't made clear to me, someone who has never been to Japan or studied Japan, that asking questions was somehow rude. Now I'm getting jumped on for doing something I thought was natural in the face of such a radical infodump. Can you understand my frustration?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

You know, he might be able to pull off a top hat... As for the miko, maybe something with detached sleeves...
    What was that, Denden-chan?
    Huh? Oh, uh, nothing. Pay attention!
    So, what, Ayase is Sailor Moon, Ken is Tuxedo Mask, and Sayaka is Sailor Mars?

Who does that make the rest of the cast? It's not exactly the right gender ratio in that room.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

I can understand. I just thought I'd offer the information that led to this situation so something like it doesn't happen again. It's not your fault, as it's something you're not acquainted with.

I say we just move on with the issue at hand since that bit has been cleared up.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I can understand. I just thought I'd offer the information that led to this situation so something like it doesn't happen again. It's not your fault, as it's something you're not acquainted with.

I say we just move on with the issue at hand since that bit has been cleared up.
    Moving on is good. As I suggested to Kasanip, perhaps Haruaki should more forcefully shut Kaito's part of the conversation down.

EDIT: Also, linking this so it doesn't get lost.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-10-30 at 11:20 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

So, what, Ayase is Sailor Moon, Ken is Tuxedo Mask, and Sayaka is Sailor Mars?

Who does that make the rest of the cast? It's not exactly the right gender ratio in that room.
    Bah. What Ayase really needs is a Tomouyo!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A what?

Also, linking this so it doesn't get lost.

EDIT: Reposting: Note. I'm not trying to make an OOC debate in the MW thread. I'm simply trying to model how I think Kaito would respond to the situation, especially taking into account the stress from last night. Even if the shrine has a supernatural calming effect, Kaito would still want answers.

That said...You don't have to give him every answer. If you don't want to respond, have Sayaka or Haruaki rebuff him and say something like "we won't talk of this further, and that's final" or "I'm going to leave that decision up to you", or...really, anything like that.

Kaito is engaged in a conversation. If you want to shut him up, shut down his part of the conversation. Have one of them say "Kaito, be quite now and let others talk and ask questions" or the like. He'd likely do so, if not like the situation.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-10-30 at 11:28 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

A what?
    From Card Captor Sakura. She was called Madison in the dub.

EDIT: Gah! Onmitsukido'd!
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-30 at 11:34 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hm. You know, that sorta sounds like Val....

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Well, they're not related, but it sounds like fun!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well, they're not related, but it sounds like fun!
    Well, Val's dad is part of a big group with technology and trained security professionals. Val doesn't seem quite as confident as the character you linked (yet), but that's a small hurdle. The big thing is that she doesn't seem to have any sort of crush on Ayase.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-10-30 at 11:39 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

That can be arranged on... another front.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

On another note, does anyone know about ThreadofFate and Hadrian?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Halfling in the Playground

From Card Captor Sakura. She was called Madison in the dub.

EDIT: Gah! Onmitsukido'd!
    This. Rules. I'm stealing it

Right, so, in an effort to further develop the new and improved Josiah Kane, I'd like to put up a request here.

Would someone be interested in playing Josiah's wife?

*This character could be a completely normal mortal, a mortal with mere spiritual awareness, or a mortal with powers.
    *I would ask "No Quincy", since a.)that's Nero's thing, and b.)I'd like some more variety in S.W.O.R.D. one way or another.
    *The character could be ignorant of what Josiah really does, know about it but just be "at home support", or be part of the organization.
    *I'd ask she be within a couple years of Josiah's age (35) in either direction.
    *Nationality is up to you; Josiah is American, but we can plot out basically anything.
    *I'd like for them to have an NPC daughter who's around 2-5 years old. The only child so far.

Other than that, go wild. Initial interest can be posted here, but I'd ask that detailed entries get PMed to me. I can only pick one ("Are you sure?" *Thwap* "Yes. I am sure"),so sorry if you don't get picked. More motivation to get a good "entry" in to me! Doesn't need to be a total character sheet, but description of looks, personality, and the factors mentioned above would be good.
    I'd be happy to do it.

I've got something to type up now, I can begin writing up an entry sometime later today.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    On another note, does anyone know about ThreadofFate and Hadrian?
    Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. I'm looking at you, Kayne and Wahrheit.
    Seriously though, I'm in my second-to-last semester in college, and though I know this RP doesn't require a lot of time, it's often something I can just forget about. It's not you guys, I just have a notoriously poor memory about things, as the above two can attest to.
    We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

Former BleachITP player of the one and only Minuet.

Homebrew!
    The Freerunner, based on everyone's favorite parkour girl Faith Connors.
    The White Clad - Custom Base Class, based on the Assassin's Creed series, now with a bonus Prestige class - The Guildmaster.
    Star Wars Saga Edition Force Power Revamp, complete with new skill calculations and a shiny graph.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

That's one possible. I won't rule out others who are interested, though. I want this to be...well, not a "competition", but an open invitation. I'd like to have a couple options to pick from.

MW: So long as your proposed character fits in what I said, go wild! I'll keep an eye open for your PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadOfFate View Post
    Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. I'm looking at you, Kayne and Wahrheit.
    Seriously though, I'm in my second-to-last semester in college, and though I know this RP doesn't require a lot of time, it's often something I can just forget about. It's not you guys, I just have a notoriously poor memory about things, as the above two can attest to.
    I was just wondering where you went. Would it be okay if I made a post with Nasumi doing something goofy with Minuet? Like, say... cooking.

*evil grin*

25. - Top - End - #145

Cooking, you say?

Ah, this reminds me of the time my aunt killed a moose with a kitchen knife, skinned it, and fed it to us for dinner....and my petite French mother had no clue what it was until we told her.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

I know Thread IRL, so if there's a problem I can talk to him about it. Is there a thread he needs to post in? I know that he hasn't been posting lately, but he's had a lot of things keeping him busy lately. We're nearing the end of the semester and all that.

But I think that I can persuade him to post.

EDIT: That'll teach me to spend half an hour posting.

Yes. What subject does she teach?
    Sorry, Mayumi teaches Science in as many grades as she'd be able to. The main reason that I asked is to try to maximize her involvement with the students at the school. The way I see it, the more students she knows, the more stuff she'll be able to do. But perhaps I'm just being selfish now.

Also, how many of the teachers are still playing, and how long has each been there? The wiki states that the oldest teachers have been there for about five years, which is about how long I had been thinking that Mayumi had been teaching there. And Hibiki was a new teacher, which I hadn't known until just now.

I was thinking that other teachers who had been there for a while would know about each other, and perhaps have some sort of teacher alliance to battle the nonsense that inevitably happens in a town full of protagonists. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-10-30 at 12:43 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    I know Thread IRL, so if there's a problem I can talk to him about it. Is there a thread he needs to post in? I know that he hasn't been posting lately, but he's had a lot of things keeping him busy lately. We're nearing the end of the semester and all that.

But I think that I can persuade him to post.

EDIT: That'll teach me to spend half an hour posting.

Sorry, Mayumi teaches Science in as many grades as she'd be able to. The main reason that I asked is to try to maximize her involvement with the students at the school. The way I see it, the more students she knows, the more stuff she'll be able to do. But perhaps I'm just being selfish now.

Also, how many of the teachers are still playing, and how long has each been there? The wiki states that the oldest teachers have been there for about five years, which is about how long I had been thinking that Mayumi had been teaching there. And Hibiki was a new teacher, which I hadn't known until just now.

I was thinking that other teachers who had been there for a while would know about each other, and perhaps have some sort of teacher alliance to battle the nonsense that inevitably happens in a town full of protagonists. Just a thought.
    Ito Tanigawa, Sören Stein and Hibiki are all new teachers, their entry happened in the first Mortal World thread, few days ago in-game. Tacky is prolly dropping (we're waiting for some sort of a farewell post), Edge is busy and thus a slow poster, and strawberry you know.

Theoretically, in absence of Aki Hisamori, Mayumi could pick up the lost plot thread of Quincies teaming up against Elder, and gather Beck, Rex and Alex together for training.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

All right, I need to look up their opening posts then, as eventually I'll need to have Mayumi meet them.

As for the Quincies against Elder plot, I had never heard about that. It's actually ironic that you would have that, because I was trying to think about what Mayumi's reaction would be to Elder, and given her reiatsu sense she'd probably know about Elder. However, you'd mentioned that Elder was actually a beneficial presence in whatever area she was inhabiting. Given that, and the fact that I've already established that she's a fairly tolerant person (by referring to Sora as "that nice young Arrancar boy"), I'm not sure that she'd actually want to attempt to destroy Elder.

Now, if other Quincies were to go to her and try to convince her to help them destroy Elder, perhaps her mind would change; she's probably never met Elder, so it's possible that she could be convinced of Elder's harmfulness. But when did that happen? Was that in the Mortal World thread? I need to look for that.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-10-30 at 01:02 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

29. - Top - End - #149

All you need to know about Beck: rebellious, good-hearted but she really does snoop too much, according to the Principal of Death.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

@Kayne: Elder just arrived in Phoenix town at the start of the game. She hasn't had time to be beneficial yet.

Quite on the contrary - when she confronted Soshi Koan, he went berserk on her and their fight caused significant property damage. Aki Hisamori, a young Quincy, saw the aftermath of the battle, and somewhat incorrectly assigned blame on Elder.

Later, Aki confronted Elder while her mortal form was recovering in the hospital. Aki would've killed Yui, but she screamed for guards, and not wanting to get accused of murder, Aki fled through the window.

She then informed her parents that there was a dangerous Hollow masquerading as a human in the town.

Detective Henry Rheims-Coleby was investigating her case on his own (and technically Yui's) behalf, before going to the shrine.

It is possible Mayumi might have heard about Yui from the Hisamoris. If she's going to investigate Ep. 3 disaster site, she might find traces of her in addition to Auset. This might eventually lead to contact with her and either, or both, of the two Arrancars.