New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXVIII: Featuring Mumble, The Giant Halibut

Quote Originally Posted by Acromos View Post
    I spectated a game. It was very even - in a strange way. One team had Teemo chain-murdering Anivia in mid
    Whut. Just.. huh?

2. - Top - End - #482
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Whut. Just.. huh?
    AP Teemo is a huge terror to Anivia, because of how mobile she is in egg-form, she hits a lot of deathshrooms.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    AP, I assume?
    Nopes - AD. It was quite a show. I think, btw, that there was a Nashors somewhere in the mix. I can't rightly recall. But regardless, he did crazy stuff. I think I might have shed a single, shiny tear, the first time he actually died.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Whut. Just.. huh?
    It was actually funny. The Anivia wasn't bad (except she misplaced her walls over and over again) - she came so close to killing Teemo so.many.times! And every time, he walzed away with like, 30 health, most likely giggling like a loon.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    I thought they got rid of that feature....Huh, I always thought the 20% MR and Armor bonus was tied to the activation and not the passive.
    That would've been pretty big nerf to it.

So how do people skill garen now adays anyway? R>E>W>Q with one level of Q at level 1?
    I go R>Q>E>W, myself. I prefer the burst damage/ burst healing given by Q over the lane-pushing DoT of E. Maxxing Q lets me run in, hit them once then leave, having dealt quite a bit of damage, potentially adding in an E for more, rather than having to spin2win and potentially almost always pushing the lane a lot.

It also helps against people like Jax and Darius who win extended trades (hemorrhage, Fishing Gives Me Attack Speed*, spin2stun, etc.).

*Jax's passive, if it isn't obvious. Seriously, why is the icon a guy fishing?
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leona View Post
    AP Teemo is a huge terror to Anivia, because of how mobile she is in egg-form, she hits a lot of deathshrooms.
    Funny. I welcome that match-up every time since Anivia is basically immune to DoTs thanks to egg and Teemo's long dead by the time I get egged. It doesn't hurt I often build up ~100 MR on her since Chalice is easy to build and Abyssal isn't bad at all on her either and she can roll with Mercs/Void setup very easily (or hell, Mercs/noVoid, she still does enough).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard View Post
    While I agree that Syndra need some improvement, it definately was not to her damage. Her problem was just manageing to pull her combo off because of balls flying in every which way except the way you pointed them.
    I rather like the changes, as I think the range/mana/QoL changes are more impactful than the damage changes.

Also, while I agree that she didn't need more damage(I think lower the CDs might've worked better), its not going to take her over the top to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by PersonMan View Post
    Garen's W decreases incoming damage by a flat amount.

It's one of the only steroids that does help against Darius' true damage ult.
    Last I checked, no it doesn't reduce Darius' true damage.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Oh my god, Kha'zix! All my love, take it! Feed on it! Evolve and grow stronger! Oh my god, I love the little insect thing! Well worth the wait!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Last I checked, no it doesn't reduce Darius' true damage.
    I rather suspect that's the passive - not the active. Never having played Garen, not even for a single game, I couldn't say, except that ... shield is shield, buff to armor and mr is armor and mr, both of which true damage bypasses.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Bugbear in the Playground

Unless something's been changed, *nothing* reduces true damage. It's not increased, either. It bypasses the calculation step entirely.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Rengar vs Garen.

Thoughts?

12. - Top - End - #492
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Unless something's been changed, *nothing* reduces true damage. It's not increased, either. It bypasses the calculation step entirely.
    It says in the tooltip for Swains E that it increases damage from Swain, including items and summoner spells.

I would have thought that something that just says a general "reduces incoming damage" would apply to all types of damage, true damage included.

Edit: Looking at Vlads ult on the wiki, and it says it amplifies physical and magic damage, but not true damage. Strange.
    Last edited by Miscast_Mage; 2012-09-27 at 06:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #493

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    In addition, thus it is a good idea to wait for a vlad to waste a Q on a minion before jumping on him, however that is skill dependent as the best vlads almost never Q a minion if the enemy champ is close, as they prefer to harass with it.

Also remember that if a vlad blood pool's away, he still loses health, so even if jump on him and he immediately W's, you still dealt some good damage.
    Ahh that's good. The Q is really what I'm worried about yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    Keep in mind he is weak but still has good trade if eq is up (like 9+ cd before level 7.) so assuming it is safe jump and empower hit him whenever it is up.

I will try to add more when i have access to a keyboard.
    Ahh okay. I like the low CD on Empower....

Against Vlad I'm thinking R>Q>W>E right?

Normally I level R>W>Q>E

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Incorrect. Nothing is intended to reduce true damage, and I don't think that anything does. Alistar R, Galio R, Poppy passive, Garen W, and old Olaf R are/were all ignored by true damage. Conversely, it's unclear as to whether or not true damage is intended to be increased, but as it stands Swain, Poppy, Kayle, and Talon all do additional damage via ignite and (potentially) red buff.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-09-27 at 06:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    Edit: Looking at Vlads ult on the wiki, and it says it amplifies physical and magic damage, but not true damage. Strange.
    Ignite is still amplified through his E though, right?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Ignite is still amplified through his E though, right?
    what

Are we thinking of the same Tides of Blood?

Edit:
    Unless you mean Swain, but if that's the case your question was answered several times over before you even asked it...
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2012-09-27 at 06:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    what

Are we thinking of the same Tides of Blood?

Edit:
    Unless you mean Swain, but if that's the case your question was answered several times over before you even asked it...
    Oh, you- ah derp, sorry. I probably got the two conversations mixed up. my bad

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Rengar vs Garen.

Thoughts?
    Had this lane today...it's bad for Rengar. I built armor, played safe...all the anti-Gareb things. Couldn't do anything. 'Course, left the lane, ganked everywhere, became a carry...but still. The lane was hell.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, Kha'Zix is fun. Unseen Threat is an amazing ganking tool; being able to reapply a strong slow is really nice. Lost both my games as him so far though. Both of them went something like this:

Do initial clear
    Gank, get a kill
    Jungle a bit
    Gank,get a kill
    Gank, get a kill
    Check score
    Enemy carry/assassin/caster is 8/1/0
    WHYYYYYY
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    Do initial clear
    Gank, get a kill
    Jungle a bit
    Gank,get a kill
    Gank, get a kill
    Check score
    Enemy carry/assassin/caster is 8/1/0
    WHYYYYYY
    Had a game where I was on the opposite side of something like this. I was Taric guarding a Vayne against a Nidalee/MF bot lane. Vayne and I couldn't fight the 2v2 at all, clear into mid-game, but every trade, Vayne would get 1-2 kills and MF/Nid would split about an equal number of kills. So despite trading even almost the entire time, our vayne got ridiculously fed, and by the end of mid-game, Vayne was unstoppable 1v1.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

And the Patch Day Gremlins have arrived. When will this ever end...
    delete Teemo.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

29 min. wait time...

23. - Top - End - #503

I actually got kicked out of a ranked game and can't reconnect. And when I log in now, an hour later, it still tries (and fails) to reconnect me.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    I actually got kicked out of a ranked game and can't reconnect. And when I log in now, an hour later, it still tries (and fails) to reconnect me.
    Ranked queues are disabled and there's a small host of problems, so I'm betting you'll get a loss forgiven out of it.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Colossus in the Playground

There's been an assortment of things listed as bug fixes in patch notes where X was reducing True Damage so probably the intent is that nothing does and occasionally some percentile reductions slip by (I recall Honor Guard reduced it at one point for instance, and Garen W Active; also old Olaf ulti IIRC).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

So.

I just had the BEST game.

gg riot soraka op now

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, that is a Thornmail and Sunfire Cape on the enemy Riven, and no Zhonya's on the enemy Morgana. (Amusingly, enemy Morgana was a level 30 with almost 1200 wins, and I killed her repeatedly in lane as AP Soraka. Feel pretty good about that, even if she was SO BAD.) I feel fairly comfortable ascribing our victory to hilariously bad building on the enemy's part.

That, and CRIT RUNES GANGPLANK.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2012-09-27 at 11:22 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

27. - Top - End - #507

Planetar

I am now a member of the League of Draven. After dominating her in lane, spent a game getting called a "No skill champ" by the enemy not-Draven Frost Archer.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosOS View Post
    I am now a member of the League of Draven. After dominating her in lane, spent a game getting called a "No skill champ" by the enemy not-Draven Frost Archer.
    I see. So, having to move around to pick up a last hit tool that keeps changing random locations everytime you throw it doesn't take any skill? Well, obviously it takes less skill than hitting "Q" whenever you're attacking champions and turning it off when you're not.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    And the Patch Day Gremlins have arrived. When will this ever end...
    I guess the Kha'Zix patch had... -> ... bugs.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I guess the Kha'Zix patch had... -> ... bugs.
    This is why we can't have nice things.