New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Birth Of A New Species: IC.

Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Marius steps forward and swings at the creature.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Same thing happens either way.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Is this... wow, Marius is really fast, I see teo of them !!!

Flowdy lowers his crossbow and sais "I know you don't have much apreciation for life, but if not for saving the creature's life, could we tie him up and heal him so we could get some information? Maybe he is a worker of the..." Flowdy suddenly readies his crossbow again, not very elegantly, an points to the figure walking towards them with a scimitar on his hand.
    Last edited by Korney; 2012-11-15 at 12:14 PM.
    Avatar masterfully done by the ever gifted Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #63

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot initiative roll. (1d20+6)[21]

4. - Top - End - #64

We're not in combat anymore, so you can act freeform. (Though if anyone is going to try and stabilize the whatever-it-is, you'd better do so now).
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

5. - Top - End - #65

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, swordsage'd by the DM. I find it funny that we got the same damage roll. Anyway, Marius has no ranks in Heal, so...

Marius pulls a cloth from his belt and wipes the blood from his blade. "If you or Von Pinn want to try to heal it, be my guest. Healing really isn't my forté. I am curious to study it one way or another, so if we could take it with us until we make camp..." His voice trails off as he notices Flowdy pointing his crossbow at something in the distance. "What are you...?" The question trails off as well as Marius sees the person in the distance. He takes a few steps towards the newcomer and calls out to them. "You there, Easterner. Who are you and why are you here?" He rests his blade on his shoulder as he speaks, keeping a firm grip on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CN the Logos View Post
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

6. - Top - End - #66

Seeing the creature getting crushed without his help, Ogodei sheaths his scimitar back and continues to walk toward the group.

He answers Marius question with a slight bow and a humble voice "Ogodei, I was sent here by my elders to investigue what ever disturb this area." The Easterner keeps his eyes out on the group a moment before looking at the creature.

"But I am not the important thing around here, it is." he says pointing the creature.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flowdy Relax his crossbow as the newcomer seathes his sword. Once Marius is ahead of him, he dismounts and try to stop the creature's bleeding. "Have you been chasing this creature for long? Any idea what or who he is?"

Flowdy looks at the messenger and makes a signs to let him know some help would be appreciated.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal (1d20)[1] I think you need 15? I'm not sure.

OOC : hahahahaha tourniquet to the neck hahaha
    Last edited by Korney; 2012-11-15 at 01:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Korney View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heal [roll0] I think you need 15? I'm not sure.

OOC : hahahahaha tourniquet to the neck hahaha
    Okay, that actually made me laugh out loud IRL. Good job.

As Ogodei sheathes his weapon and bows, Marius sheathes his sword as well. "Greetings, Ogodei. I am Marius. My companions are called Flowdy and Seric von Pinn." Marius gestures at each of his companions as he introduces them. "We've been sent on behalf of the spymistress to investigate some strange rumors coming from the mines near here. We're as surprised by this creature as you are."
    They're just there, and horribly fatal when one stumbles across them, like self-aware landmines.

9. - Top - End - #69

Flowdy's first attempts at bandaging the wound fail dramatically when his foot slips in the thing's blood, causing him to elbow the thing right where Von Pinn's flail had already struck it. While the messenger does not slip, his efforts at bandaging are somewhat amature and do not seem to help.

Lego Ergo Sum

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flowdy watches his blood covered robe grimacing. "Hey Ogodei, I just met you and this is crazy, but this thing's dying, so help me maybe?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Too much ?
    Wait for the arrow to the knee jokes.

Edit: Sorry toysoldier, too much reddit tonight
    Last edited by Korney; 2012-11-15 at 04:03 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Spoiler
    Show
    That song is bad, that reference is bad, and you should feel bad.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Korney View Post
    Flowdy watches his blood covered robe grimacing. "Hey Ogodei, I just met you and this is crazy, but this thing's dying, so help me maybe?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Too much ?
    Wait for the arrow to the knee jokes.
    [OOC]DualShadow isn't live, but if you (or Marius) wants to attempt a Heal check to stabilize this thing, the messenger can give you a +2 bonus on it.

Lego Ergo Sum

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

"You wish to heal it? It was trying to kill us." Shaking her head at the these soft hearted weaklings, Vonn Pinn nevertheless saw some merit in questioning the creature, "Very well. I shall keep it alive but only so I can torture it for information later."

Spoiler
    Show
    Seric is joking about the torture but only someone who knows her well could tell. That is assuming torture is illegal in civilised countries, otherwise she's completely serious.

Cure Minor Wounds for 1 hit point should stabilise it.

I'm also going to cast Detect Magic on it as well. Something is clearly wrong and it may help to determine what kind of magic is at work.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74

"That thing may hold information indeed. the druid echoes right after Seric. Kneeling down next to the creature Ogodei examines the creature, "Lets hope it will make more sense than it was making previously. All he seemed to say were some plead to have him severed from the other parts. 'Unspeak what was said' ... the Easterner gets back on his feet and scratches his bearded chin "I am gonna go with the obvious and say that it was a spell."
    Last edited by DualShadow; 2012-11-15 at 06:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

"It looks like the end result of a botched teleportation spell to me. I'm not sure there's anything we can do for it as it is."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It could be, but I have never seen a teleport go wrong so I don't know if this is the result of one." Flowdy thinks for a second "In any case It seemed to me that the creature was intelligent, in pain and looking for help."

Flowdy starts looking on their packages for some rope for tying up the creature. Then he looks at Ogodai "What exactly were you sent to look for? And what have you discovered so far?"

Suddenly a thought crosses Flowdy's mind "You were very fast in attacking this thing Seric... and it certainly looked like he knew you... this isn't your fault, right? RIGHT?"
    Last edited by Korney; 2012-11-15 at 07:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Seric's healing magic does seem to stop the bleeding (though the thing doesn't look like it'll be concious anytime soon), but it also has another, more curious reaction. As soon as Seric sends the pulse of energy, the thing's body distorts. The fleshy club of a left limb sprouts crude, stubby, fingers, and several large patches of regular skin appear where before there had only been spongy, oozy flesh. At the same time, though, the left side of its face appears to melt, one eye and part of the thing's nose and mouth becoming a blank and featureless expanse of flesh.

The Result Of Von Pinn's Detect Magic
    Spoiler
    Show
    At first glance, there appears to be no magic about this... whatever it is. However, a second glance reveals the faint but palpable afterimage of a spell. (1d20+1)[10] However, Von Pinn is unable to guess what kind of magic it is.
    Last edited by ReaderAt2046; 2012-11-15 at 10:13 PM.

Lego Ergo Sum

18. - Top - End - #78

The messenger addresses Marius. "Sir Zauberklinge? I was just wondering what your plan was for dealing with this thing. I don't think any of the horses will carry it, and I suspect you don't want to bring it into town anyway (Probably get it chased by a mob with torches and pickaxes), so if you want to interrogate it I'd suspect you'll have to camp here for a bit. But if you're going to do that I should probably go on to deliver my message, which is why I'm asking."

Lego Ergo Sum

19. - Top - End - #79

Marius blinks in surprise at the creature's sudden shift in form. "Seric, do that again. I want to see what happens next."

Spoiler
    Show
    Marius is going to use one of his uses of Arcane Attunement to use Detect Magic as well, keeping his gaze on the creature.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

"In the lower planes there is a creature known as a lemure. A soul given over to fiends to torture for eternity, their bodies know only suffering. Parts of this creature bears some resemblance to a lemure," Seric thinks that a dispassionate examination is best, "See how the skin exposes nerves here and here. There is also a lingering magic on it but it is faint. You're the expert, Flowdy, can you see if you can tell more?"

Seeing the transformation and hearing Marius' question she ponders, "The gifts I am granted are not to satisfy your curiosity. However I do not wish to camp here. Bind it and I shall heal all of its wounds." Once it is properly secured she prays over the prisoner and cures it of the damage inflicted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Someone must have Use Rope.

Cure Light Wounds (1d8+1)[2]
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Im at work now. I have already rolled knoweledges.
    Last edited by Korney; 2012-11-16 at 10:19 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82

As Seric's power surges through the creature, the wounds start to pull shut and the break to it's chest grows firmer, but it is still unconcious. Seric's surge of positive energy again causes the creature's body to mutate, as the patch of blank flesh seems to move sideways until the thing has a full muth again but no nose and only two vertical slits for eyes. The fingers of its left limb continue to develop, while its right hand curves and twists into a claw.

Results of Seric's and Marius's Detect Magic
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can both clearly see the afterimage of the spell Seric detected, and you can see the aura as Seric casts her healing, but there is no visible magic triggering this change.

Lego Ergo Sum

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flowdy looks insterested as the creature transforms back each time Seric uses her healing magic.
    "I'm afraid I know as much as you do about this phenomenom." sais in response to Seric's question "I'm sure I could find more information about it at the Sacred Library of Aptum'neman but unless you have a teleporting power strong enough to travel three thousand kilometers I don't think it's a viable option."

Flowdy tells the messenger "You are free to move ahead, but if I were you I would not go alone until we know what "circumstance" did this to this man, maybe it is still arround."

Flowdy starts making knots to tie the man's hands once he has them again.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: My knoweledge rolls told me nothing new.
    I'm taking 20 for the knots. If it is not acceptable, then use this roll: (1d20)[2]

BTW totally made up the library name, if there is an actual library of mighty power tell me the name and I will edit it, I hope it is OK.
    Last edited by Korney; 2012-11-16 at 10:39 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Ogodei looks at the creature with great curiosity as it is being healed. " Most curious reaction to healing." Shifting on his feet and still scratching his bearded chin he ponders. Clearly clearly not against the idea of binding the creature the Easterner let it happen.

25. - Top - End - #85

With a lot of time, and rope, Flowdy wraps the creature up in a confused tangle of rope, knots and loops. It remains unconcious, and doesn't seem inclined to change anymore.

[OOC] The thing won't recover conciousness for another few hours (unless Ogodei uses one of his Cure Light Wounds, which would definitely bring it to conciousness), so if you're going to do anything in the meantime, tell me. If not, I'll just skip to when it wakes up. Also, just want to make clear that the creatures stays in the form it's assumed until it gets zapped again.[OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Seric looks around for some long branches or small trees to make a litter or stretcher out of. "I am unwilling to remain where we are and wait for more of these creatures. The messenger is also our guide to the mines and I do not fancy getting lost on the way there with a hostile enemy loose. If we cannot bring this...thing...with us or question it now then I shall kill it and be done with it."
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing his intentions, Flowdy helps Seric get branches. "I would like to carry him. Maybe we can assemble some kind of hammock to carry him between 2 horses. Could you help us Ogodei?"

28. - Top - End - #88

You successfully piece together a hammock-like assembalge of branches, the ropes entangling the still-unconious creature, and more ropes. It's getting close on noon. You set off towards the mines, dragging the unconcious...something on its litter. A few hours later, not far out from the mines according to the messenger, the creature begins to stir and mutter incoherently, though its words are incomprehensible through the ropen gag over its mouth.

Lego Ergo Sum

29. - Top - End - #89

"I think it's waking up. Should we interrogate it here, or wait til we get to mines?"

30. - Top - End - #90

The messenger "It's your call, Sir Zauberklinge. However, I do think that there's a high risk of this thing getting killed if we bring it into town, so I would suggest that we try interrogating out here first."

Lego Ergo Sum