New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: New Prequel Book! Order of the Stick: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished (Book 1/2)

Give it to a friend! Especially one who doesn't read OOTS usually.
    Done and done!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Prequel Book! Order of the Stick: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished (Book 1/2)

Quote Originally Posted by Smolder View Post
    I just received a second copy from Ookoodook. I'm fairly sure I only ordered one copy.
    Did they charge you twice, too?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Linneris View Post
    And this coming right after the release of a fantasy game with an "us or them" divide that expects you to hate and wage war on "them" simply for not being "us"
    Dare I ask?

4. - Top - End - #244
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Absolutely fantastic book. All the stories were great, though O-Chul's stood out for length and characterization of this not-so-side character. What really impressed me was the art in some panels, in particular:

Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Scruffy's dream, Sangwaan's death, Lien standing on the ocean floor smiling, O-Chul's last panel with the solar system.

Even after reading OOTS for years it's incredible how much emotion The Giant can put into a stick figure drawing.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Dare I ask?
    I'm assuming they mean the latest expansion of WoW. It's a very "Horde vs Alliance" game (despite the fact you constantly end up fighting something else because it wouldn't be much fun for half the players to be on the losing side consistently).

6. - Top - End - #246
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alish View Post
    To those that pre-ordered at gumroad: did you guys get an e-mail after preordering? I pre-ordered today (yes, I know it’s just 30h before the release) did not get any e-mail and am now afraid I made a typo when putting in my e-mail.
    My notification got eaten by my spamtrap. Check your spam folder.

I think my favorite story was the Lien origin. That was just lovely. Especially the final panel.
    Last edited by Seward; 2018-08-17 at 11:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247

Really, it shouldn't be surprising that paladins can pun. But it was, and was awesome.

8. - Top - End - #248

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Did they charge you twice, too?
    I double checked my account... I don't think so.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    No problem! Oh, and I got my delivery notification yesterday, so now I just have to wait for the book to make it across the Atlantic.
    Also wanted to mention that with typical kickstarters, I tend to follow up only once 3 to 6 months. I lose track of them because they typically take a while to get any news and updates. I did get notices about the Roy refrigerator magnet a long time ago (around 2012), but don't know if I never got these links, or it got lost in all my emails.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I don't want any another spoilers, but is Miko in this book?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlignmentDebate View Post
    I don't want any another spoilers, but is Miko in this book?
    Yes.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

12. - Top - End - #252
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Excellent book, highly recommended!

One typo spotted: on page 137 (139 of the PDF due to cover), panel 9, “victoy” should be “victory”.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Yes.

Grey Wolf
    Thank you.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

just informing that I got my book here safely (I was worried since it seemed to be a bit late, but since it was overseas I expected it to be). it came without problems and in perfect form. Thanks you Giant and Ookdook.

even thou I participated on the kickstarter I enjoyed greatly being able to read it in physical form, loved the histories and the preface, never expected rich to use that character then wink.

Now I'm wishing for the next one to come up, so I'll be able to preorder it as well. :)

15. - Top - End - #255

BlackDragon

Mine just arrived too!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Pixie in the Playground

I just finished That's The Spirit, and Kazumi and Daigo are my new favorite characters. ESPECIALLY Kazumi. The way they interact is perfect and beautiful. Their marriage truly is "hashtag-blessed".

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Dear webmaster, the Giant's description page for The Order of the Stick: Start of Darkness has a broken link on the image saying "Order now from Ookoodook!". The currently live link seems to be https://www.ookoodook.com/collection...roducts/oots03. Please fix this link so that other people can buy the book. (I've already bought it.)

18. - Top - End - #258

MindFlayer

Just got the book. Loved it :)

One quick question, what is that creature that hangs out with Scruffy?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlashDash View Post
    Just got the book. Loved it :)

One quick question, what is that creature that hangs out with Scruffy?
    A carbuncle

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

20. - Top - End - #260

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    A carbuncle

Grey Wolf
    Ah Thanks!

21. - Top - End - #261

Would love to have it right now, but unfortunately ordering by Ookoodook, the shipping alone would cost as much as the book for me :( I'll have to wait patiently until it's available through amazon...

22. - Top - End - #262

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Would love to have it right now, but unfortunately ordering by Ookoodook, the shipping alone would cost as much as the book for me :( I'll have to wait patiently until it's available through amazon...
    You know you can buy the PDF version from Gumroad, right?

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You know you can buy the PDF version from Gumroad, right?
    I'm aware, and if it takes too long I may just do that, but I don't really like buying PDF versions of comics, especially since I already have all the other books as print versions.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGirl

Just finished reading the Pdf. I must say the first two stories, while nice, weren't very satisfactory. The other three though were totally awesome and I enjoyed them thoroughly. Lien, Therkla and O-Chul are all among my absolute favourite characters and I found all three stories to be utterly fantastic. Thanks Giant!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Since it's now officially available via all channels, maybe it should be added to http://www.giantitp.com/Shop.html.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Father Miles View Post
    Since it's now officially available via all channels, maybe it should be added to http://www.giantitp.com/Shop.html.
    Looks like A Monster for Every Season (Winter) is also missing from that page.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2018-08-31 at 08:04 AM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

27. - Top - End - #267
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I bought the PDF version an hour ago, but something happened during the check out and it was charged but not sent to my email. Any idea about who can I contact? I have look into gumroad webpage, but I do not see any contact email or form.

Thanks!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Alfon View Post
    I bought the PDF version an hour ago, but something happened during the check out and it was charged but not sent to my email. Any idea about who can I contact? I have look into gumroad webpage, but I do not see any contact email or form.

Thanks!
    Can you log into your account on gumroad and download it directly?
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

29. - Top - End - #269
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Can you log into your account on gumroad and download it directly?
    I bought it as a guest, unfortunately.

I found a help section in Gumroad. I will try it now.

Edit: The charge appeared as Pending, but it was actually rejected. So lets buy it again.
    Last edited by Alfon; 2018-08-31 at 09:56 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270

Also, always remember to check your spam filter. The e-mail sometimes ends up there.