New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    shinnmoso
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Do you have anything in particular planned for that phone call?
    I was hoping someone would finish it. But if people are asking... Anti-Skill Duty Calls

Or put it simpily.. He forgot there was supposed to be a training session for new Judgement recruits.
    Last edited by shinnmoso; 2010-12-29 at 09:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm waiting for either Anyr or Rhydeble to finish this Mahjong game or the plot to pick up.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    And Hinata sees her confusion as the perfect excuse to take her to a wild dance. He himself is forced to remain mostly upright due to Katsu crouching on his shoulder, but that doesn't prevent him from first bending Tsubasa backwards over his arm, then suddenly stepping to the side while holding her hand, forcing her to do spin around unless she wants to sprain her wrist.
    Katsu is not even touching Hinata at the moment (he was leaning on his shoulder earlier, though.) How did you get the idea he was crouching in his shoulder? ^_^'

I mean, could he even do that? It sounds pretty bad for Hinata's shoulder.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Yay, I noticed the mental picture didn't make any sense and don't really know where I got it, either. I just didn't notice it until I'd already shut my computer down for the night and went to sleep.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

...O.o

I find myself expecting this to turn into a full-scale kidnapping.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I find myself wondering why Katsu isn't doing anything.

Then I remember that he isn't exactly down to earth or any other planet in the solar system and everything makes sense*

*If you're insane that is, otherwise it makes less sense.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Callos, and all:

I am very very veeeery sorry for leaving you hanging. Thought I had posted already, guess it didn't go through... but that's just about what I said (though maybe without so much Kamina in his voice, but it was still powerful).

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hinata
    "Have you noticed? If you lowered your voice just a bit, you'd sound just like me!"
    ... the obvious corollary would be that Hinata doing his female impersonation would sound girlier than Tsubasa.

"I'm not just more a man than you could ever hope to be, I'm more of a woman as well! <3"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    ... the obvious corollary would be that Hinata doing his female impersonation would sound girlier than Tsubasa.

"I'm not just more a man than you could ever hope to be, I'm more of a woman as well! <3"
    There's acytually more differences than just the octave between the genders.

So he may just sound differently girly.

By the way, can Katsu follow them? He's kind of being all sad at being left behind with no Winter Wonderland.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    There's acytually more differences than just the octave between the genders.

So he may just sound differently girly.
    Oh, I know that. For example the main difference between Hinata's casual voice and the voice he uses while cross-dressing is not pitch, but the fact that he strives to tone down resonance and other effects typical to male voices.

It's just that, in my mind, characters with same speech color sound similar. Of course there'd be differences, which I decided in Hinata's and Tsubasa's case would be that they speak in different pitches. (Suggesting their voices cover different octaves, with Tsubasa's probably reaching higher and Hinata's reaching lower.) The implication still is that Hinata sounds either particularly girly or Tsubasa particularly boyish, and since Hinata's practiced to sound even more girly, well... XD

By the way, can Katsu follow them? He's kind of being all sad at being left behind with no Winter Wonderland.
    Well, it's not like he couldn't catch up with them.

11. - Top - End - #71

OK, erm... At this point I don't know what to do with my character Avery right now. Last I left her, she went to the bakery to get something to eat.

So erm... There's someone available...
    A well-placed bullet can stop anybody with an oversized sword.
    In real life that is.
    Everywhere else, you're screwed.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hanzo66 View Post
    OK, erm... At this point I don't know what to do with my character Avery right now. Last I left her, she went to the bakery to get something to eat.

So erm... There's someone available...
    Not only is there someone available, but they've actually already responded; The cafe's owner (Yoshikawa Hitomi) greeted Avery when she entered. At this very moment she's hovering nearby, waiting to dispense delicious delicacies on demand.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

...you do realise that Tsubasa is about to let off a massive wind blast, right?

Just saying.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

"... but that's such a horribly unequal response!"

"A gentle slap on the face, on the other hand..."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-01-01 at 05:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Not only is there someone available, but they've actually already responded; The cafe's owner (Yoshikawa Hitomi) greeted Avery when she entered. At this very moment she's hovering nearby, waiting to dispense delicious delicacies on demand.
    Whoop, might have missed it or it might've happened during writing. Apologies!
    I know I apologize a lot. Inner inferiority complex of mine.
    A well-placed bullet can stop anybody with an oversized sword.
    In real life that is.
    Everywhere else, you're screwed.

16. - Top - End - #76
    shinnmoso
    Guest in the Playground

Sorry for not posting for so long. Got bogged down by Christmas homework.

Anyways. Now that Rockwell is in Patrol. Anyone mind attacking him?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shinnmoso View Post
    Sorry for not posting for so long. Got bogged down by Christmas homework.

Anyways. Now that Rockwell is in Patrol. Anyone mind attacking him?
    What sort of attack did you have in mind? Offhand, it's hard to think of an appropriate enemy which meets all the conditions you specified (elite/stupid enough to attack guarded, public area in broad daylight; Attack somehow predicted in advance, but without specifics). Then again, maybe that's just me. Does anyone else have any decent ideas which fit the template?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

I'm afraid to have to announce that I must start pulling out of Academy City ITP.

I'm a college undergrad at the moment, and I've recently made the decision to try and apply for Law graduate schools. The process is an intensive one, I'm told--law schools are competitive, and there's also the LSATs. This means that I must start preparing for graduate school this upcoming semester, including studying for LSAT, looking at application essays, and bothering professors about recommendations, on top of keeping up with school work in a semester that's going to be tougher than any I've had so far.

Pulling out of this game isn't a choice that I'm making lightly, or with any joy. I helped Callos start this game, and back in summer when we made it I was hoping to stick with it until the day it died...but as I've discovered this past year, my plans go to hell on a distressingly regular basis, not to mention the fact that I hadn't decided on law back in the summer. As painful as this choice is, however, it is one that I must make. Discussing the prospect of going to a law school with my parents this winter break has shown me that I'm already a great deal behind.

Any free time I have left will have to go to a personal project that I've planned for a long time now, one that I hope to make my life's work if (or even alongside) my prospective law career explodes on the metaphorical landing pad.

I'm not going to pull out of this game immediately; I still have a week or two before school kicks in, and I'm going to try to wrap up the current (unfortunately fledgling) plotline ASAP, hopefully with enough hooks so that the rest of you can come up with something better. After that, I'll pass on any remaining characters I have to anyone who wishes to take them.

I'm sorry I have to do this folks, but it must be done. I've simply run out of time for this game, and I have no right to stifle it with my continued presence.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2011-01-07 at 07:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Awwww. Just when I started to hope you might be coming back.

Oh well. I hope you'll do well in the applications.

20. - Top - End - #80
    shinnmoso
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    What sort of attack did you have in mind? Offhand, it's hard to think of an appropriate enemy which meets all the conditions you specified (elite/stupid enough to attack guarded, public area in broad daylight; Attack somehow predicted in advance, but without specifics). Then again, maybe that's just me. Does anyone else have any decent ideas which fit the template?
    Hmm.. It's up to you. But he's moving into a more tight area, area without movement space. Also, in the Winter WOnderland, I guess he would be distracted by the huge amount of Music and people dancing around. Making a perfect ambush point :)

So if someone attacks from behind, he would almost instantly be caught off guard. And the fact that he is far from his partner, making it hard for the partner to help.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

A big, BIG shame you have to leave the game, 13.

But all hopes that you do great in Law School, there's no way they won't let you in.

And wow, you have a lifework planned? That's pretty neat.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #82

Good luck with school and your project 13! You will be missed.

23. - Top - End - #83

SolithKnightGuy

Hello, found this recently and it looks very interesting. I wasn't planning to join in since I'm really busy with school right now, but I've had a character concept stuck in my head for the past few days and this seemed like the sort of place where it would be able to work. I'd like to run the idea past everyone and see what you think. I've read through the IC thread, and a bunch of the OOC threads, so I've got a fairly good idea of how it works, even if I'm not familiar with the setting itself beyond this.

His power would be that his brain functions much faster than other people. His neurons fire about twice as fast as normal. The way I'm picturing it right now is that he's had this power for a long time, probably making him a Gem Stone, but it was never really realized because there's nothing externally obvious about it. It wasn't until he was getting an MRI for unrelated reasons (that I haven't quite determined yet) that anyone noticed this, and even then he wasn't immediately identified as an esper. It wasn't until his parents traveled to Academy City to get this checked out that it was discovered, and so they decided to take up permanent residence and enrole him in one of the local schools.

The side effects of this power (aside from him simply being of genius level) include allowing him to read incredibly fast (upwards of 20,000 words per minute), gives him a near photographic memory, and makes him appear very perceptive (since his mind works so fast, he simply can analyse everything he sees in more detail). As a couple downsides, it means that his attention span appears very short as he runs though a topic to completion in his mind long before anyone else does, and he doesn't know how to turn it off. He can suffer from severe migrains due to the constant activity, and he needs a very high calorie diet to supply the neccesary energy to keep this up. The combination of these caused him to nearly be diagnosed with some variation of ADD, since he couldn't maintain focus in classes, though he did very well with tests and assignments.

He lived in Japan before coming to Academy City, and has been advanced a few grades (basically, he should be at the beginning of middle school, but is instead in 3rd year). In an effort to keep himself destracted, he works out fairly often and looks for unusual people to hang around. The first gives him an outlet besides thinking, and the second basically keeps him on his toes. The more unusual a person is, the less likely it is for him to figure them out and lose interest.

Basically, I see him as someone who is almost too smart. He can't stop thinking, so he looks for things to distract him from it and keep him from getting bored. He'd be quite fond of mysteries and complex stories, as something to hold his attention for a while as well.

Wow, that was a lot more than I intended. Anyway, thoughts? I know there are people opposed to having too many Gem Stones, and I can change that aspect of it if you don't like it. It depends on if it would make sense for him to not be able to control his power if he'd developed it in the Powers Program.
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Interesting concept.

Only problem I have is that Katsu already have that power as a side effect of his super-speed.

As in, he can read incredibly fast, doesn't pay attention because he rarely goes at normal speed (even when he seems to he is probably at least at 101%) and overthinks stuff.

His thinking usually ends in a lot of random guesses that are less likely than a tornado suddenly sprouting over Tokyo and dissapearing after less than two seconds, though.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2011-01-08 at 04:22 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

25. - Top - End - #85

SolithKnightGuy

Interesting concept.

Only problem I have is that Katsu already have that power as a side effect of his super-speed.

As in, he can read incredibly fast, doesn't pay attention because he rarely goes at normal speed (even when he seems to he is probably at least at 101%) and overthinks stuff.

His thinking usually ends in a lot of random guesses that are less likely than a tornado suddenly sprouting over Tokyo and dissapearing after less than two seconds, though.
    Hmm, yeah, it didn't occur to me that they might overlap in that way. I think there'd be some differences in how they're portrayed though, as my character would be much more controlled than Katsu. He's not very excitable or energetic the way Katsu is, instead he's just very focused and constantly changes what he's focused on. He's a little based of Mordin Solis from Mass Effect 2 in how he talks and acts.
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

(I don't know the powers uinvolved so if Katsu shouldn't be able to notice him he won't )
    No, it's fine. He's just unobtrusive, rather than unnoticeable.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    OOC: Is Jane supposed to be able to see the stairs or not?
    Not by default, no. They're not necessarily completely invisible, but someone would have to be watching carefully in order to see them.

Also, while I really like the idea of watching this scene play out, it's been over a week since Rhydeble's last post. Are you content with waiting it out, or would you prefer to skip past it and get back into the action again?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was actually waiting for Anyr to let Jirou react, but i'll write on with the scene.

As for the stairs, They are see-through, but you do see something's there.
    Last edited by Rhydeble; 2011-01-10 at 03:35 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

What to do with Jason... What to do with him...?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

30. - Top - End - #90

Do we have a plan of what to do with Jane, Jirou and Cale at this moment?