New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    Kay, so that's done. And now, because I found it to be humorous, I revive the topic from the last RB: Naked parties can NEVER END WELL. Y/N?
    N. Until you try one, you can never know for sure. I say this with the sureness of having been there and done that and had an excellent time doing it.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: A Thread in Which Banter Most Random is Expulsed Into Existence, By Ravens_cry #1

Kay, so that's done. And now, because I found it to be humorous, I revive the topic from the last RB: Naked parties can NEVER END WELL. Y/N?
    Where's Indy? He's the closest thing to an authority on the subject that we have.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, I know Curly did it, but...
    *EPIC BOOGIE*
    Boogie on. |m|,
    Well, it was no party, but I have done nude modelling and that ended with me being paid 60 dollars, so that 'ended well' for a certain value of well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think it depends on what you mean by naked partying. I mean, if I got invited (especially over Facebook *shudder*) to a 'Naked Party', I'd probably not go. However, sometimes at parties I have attended (during my normal university experience, mostly) I or someone else has become naked, and usually, this has not been a (serious) problem.
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

No. Naked parties can totally end well. It just depends on the type of naked party and who all has been invited.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Naked parties never work out when I attend. The running and screaming tend to get in the way. Plus there's that whole "Moon" thing.

7. - Top - End - #37

Why is this even a question? It lets you ogle your friends without feeling guilty. OF COURSE a naked party is a good idea.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Why is this even a question? It lets you ogle your friends without feeling guilty. OF COURSE a naked party is a good idea.
    Clearly you have more attractive friends than I.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm, I know Curly did it, but...
    *EPIC BOOGIE*

As I said: Challenge accepted.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Correction: I have one friend with whom I am smitten and I can cope with seeing everyone else naked.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    I have approx. 3 friends. One would never go to such parties. The other two are dating, and probably wouldn't go anyways. My likelihood of attending such a shindig in the future is nigh-zero. Still, the past ones were pretty fun times, as the past always is.

Random philosophical moment: anyone else annoyed that the past is always brighter than the future? Or perhaps it's just me.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpina View Post
    I think it depends on what you mean by naked partying. I mean, if I got invited (especially over Facebook *shudder*) to a 'Naked Party', I'd probably not go. However, sometimes at parties I have attended (during my normal university experience, mostly) I or someone else has become naked, and usually, this has not been a (serious) problem.
    I'm picking this response out of the glut of others just because this one calls to me.

See, this I can agree with. I have been to parties in which people have BECOME naked, but a party who's primary premise is about everyone being naked...I just don't think it can end well. I mean, yes, you can ogle that one friend of yours with whom you're smitten, but after a while, they're gonna notice, and unless they like you too, then there may be some issues.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

13. - Top - End - #43

ogle
    HAHA YES

You fell into my trap! I love that word and I made someone else say it! WHOOO (NAKED) PARTY!
    BANG → !

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    HAHA YES

You fell into my trap! I love that word and I made someone else say it! WHOOO (NAKED) PARTY!
    I actually used it to cite your post without quoting it because I'm lazy, but sure! :P
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

15. - Top - End - #45

I'm picking this response out of the glut of others just because this one calls to me.

See, this I can agree with. I have been to parties in which people have BECOME naked, but a party who's primary premise is about everyone being naked...I just don't think it can end well. I mean, yes, you can ogle that one friend of yours with whom you're smitten, but after a while, they're gonna notice, and unless they like you too, then there may be some issues.
    But what about parties, who have normal premises, where everyone happens to be naked? It seems like it would work fine, if nakedness doesn't freak out the partygoers.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    Hmm...

KuReshtin, since you're familiar with Sweden and the UK, how does the Swedish Royal Family measure up against the British one? I am curious.
    The Swedish Royal family seems to be more generally accepted than the UK one. At least the opposition to the monarchy is more vocal in the UK than it is in Sweden.

Also, the Swedish royal family is a lot younger and prettier (see spoiler below) than the UK royal family, and they tend to have less newsworthy incidents happen to them. Or at least that's how it feels.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Swedish Crown Princess Victoria (left) and Princess Madeleine (right).
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

17. - Top - End - #47

If me & my friends had a naked party, I suspect most of the guys and some of the girls would be self-conscious, and there would be mass ogling in all directions.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

And, for the ladies (and gentlemen of certain tastes):

Spoiler
    Show
    Prince Carl Philip
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground

His face looks squished.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

20. - Top - End - #50

I think that's common among royalty of most nationalities...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Random philosophical moment: anyone else annoyed that the past is always brighter than the future? Or perhaps it's just me.
    Hmm. While it's true that the happiest times of my life so far are long past, by-and-large my 30's have been a vast improvement on my 20's.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Nostalgia has that effect.
    Thankfully (or maybe unfortunately, depending on your perspective), most of my memories up to this point in my life were from a time where I was incredibly unhappy and I just generally didn't like my life. So, I can look back to the last year or so of my life and remember some happy-ish times, look back at the 4-5 I recall clearly before that of emo-ness (I got better), or just say "bugger that" and try making my future more fun.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

DIY amnesia? It's actually worked out really well for that fried of mine (not the DIY part).
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

There is clearly only one scientific way to solve this.

We must have a GITP Naked Party Week! Note: This would probably violate the forum rules. No. Don't actually do it.
    Though I am curious about the parameters of this so-called naked party. Is it 100% nakedness? Is underwear optional? Is it, in fact, mandatory that everyone wear some underwear?

Also, because I refuse to be left out...

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Though I am curious about the parameters of this so-called naked party. Is it 100% nakedness? Is underwear optional? Is it, in fact, mandatory that everyone wear some underwear?
    I think that'd be an underwear party. Naked means naked.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm... Would a censor bar or a pair of undies be better as a mask for such an avatar?

Curse your Introbulosity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm pretty sure we had a nude avatar week at one point. Lots of strategically placed squares.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    I'm pretty sure we had a nude avatar week at one point. Lots of strategically placed squares.
    Yeah, that definately happened. I think it was for Indy's birthday or something.

...I don't think I have a naked avatar. Hrmph.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Yeah, I think that was before I had any kind of concept of avatars though, so I basically hid out that week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

My avatar is ALWAYS naked, except her hat, except for special avatar weeks.
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2010-06-17 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding